[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best series where the villain wins? Not where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: SEP110452_1._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg (88KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
SEP110452_1._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg
88KB, 640x984px
What's the best series where the villain wins? Not where the villain wins by becoming good, or teaming up with the good guys, or almost wins, or gets a single point by killing a character who will come back in five issues - I mean a series where the villain is evil, he knows it, and he still wins in the end.
>>
>>85091802
Bomb Queen is terrible.
>>
>>85091802
>>
File: 423.jpg (33KB, 400x476px) Image search: [Google]
423.jpg
33KB, 400x476px
>>85091802
Watchmen.

/thread.
>>
>>85091832
Which is why I'm asking for better ones.
>>
File: Sean Connery.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Sean Connery.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>85091924
Its an "Op makes a thread simply to set up some incredibly specific bait" thread
>>
>>85091802
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TheBadGuyWins/ComicBooks
>>
>>85091832
Tell me why, I dont know.
>>
>>85094860
If /co/ memes it it must be true
>>
Empire was good
>>
>>85091802
> villain knows they're evil
That's hard mode, anon.
>>
>>85094860
It's kind of like Mr. Pickles. People hate it for the same reason other people like it. It's over the top trash filled with edgy gore and sex and it's stupid and trashy on purpose.

Personally, I liked it because it was so trashy. It's nice to have something that was fun and not too watered down or wholesome, but I'd definitely get sick of it if it was an ongoing series. If you're one of those people that has ever read a comic or watched a show and thought "God dammit, why didn't he kill that guy there? That was just stupid that he let him live." or "Jesus Christ, that villain had a gun to the head of the incapacitated hero and he didn't shoot for some stupid reason. Fuck that." or "I really wish they'd actually show that scene, but I know they'll just cut away before it gets too ____ for main stream comics." then you'll like it.
>>
>>85097680
I'm one of those people and I fucking hated it for the same reasons you listed. I found myself asking too often why people put up with BQ's shit, or let that city exist, and the no, the in-canon explanation goddamn sucks.
>>
>>85091802
Flashpoint: Legion of Doom
but that tie in was shit
>>
>>85091832

It has its moments though. The problem is that it tries too hard to be shocking and offensive rather than just funny.
>>
>>85099108
me too
I genuinely thought it was a storytime of pain the other week
>>
>>85091802
Not /co/ but Drakka
>>
>>85091802
Anything written by Alan Moore. Ugh.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.