[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the world was Sony planning to make a cinematic universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: 1407968151246.png (224KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
1407968151246.png
224KB, 640x356px
How in the world was Sony planning to make a cinematic universe out of just the Spider-Man IP?
>>
Lots of Spider-Man movies
>>
>Spider-Man movie
>Ultimate Spider-Man movie
>Spider-Gwen movie
>animated Spider-Ham movie for the kids

>crossover
>>
Like this.
>>
>>85090605
I'd like a Spider-Ham movie.
>>
>>85090506
Bendis' awful Gwen as Carnage idea

Venom spinoff that Avi Arad still can't let go of

Sinister Six series

Black Cat movie

So running with ASM, that'd be 5 series at once. Its not impossible, honestly. But it would be executed horribly.
>>
Aunt May is a big seller.
>>
>>85090506
>Venom
>Agent Venom
>Reilly
>Kaine
>Felicia
>Prowler
>2099
> worse spider Miles
>Punisher
Lots of ways familia.
>>
>>85090660
>Black Cat movie
Wasn't that actually Amy Pascal's project for the "Glass Ceiling" movie staring a bunch of female heroes that eventually became the new Ghostbusters after the Sony/Marvel deal happened?
>>
>>85090614
>I'm prod of all of u for the great efforts. We've certainly saved the brand
I'm already laughing
>>
>>85090506
>Spider-Man
>Venom
>Ultimate Spider-Man
>Prowler
>Cloak and Dagger
>Black Cat
>Clones
>Sinister Six
>Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
>Spiderverse
It could have worked.
>>
>>85090614
I wish the Sony leak emails were easier to catalog and view, they're all hilarious.
>>
>>85090684
>>Punisher

Punisher was with Lionsgate and eventually went back to Disney
>>
>>85090825
>Cloak and Dagger
>Amazing Friends
Couldn't use either of these
>>
Could they have used Firestar or would Fox have her?
>>
>>85090614
>Sinister Six
>Could break 2 Billion

I think it could be a fun movie, but come on.
>>
>>85090866
Could they not just use the name Amazing Friends but with different characters?
>>
>>85090924
I don't see why not, just not THOSE Amazing Friends.
>>
>>85090906
I'm pretty sure that was for the entire ASM brand at that point, not just SS.
>>
File: 1376966456559.png (7KB, 543x313px) Image search: [Google]
1376966456559.png
7KB, 543x313px
>>85090614
>Spider-Man vs. The Amazing Spider-Man

Th-this isn't still on the table, is it?
>>
Aunt May Cold War spy stories is a good idea
anyone who doesn't want that must hate fun
>>
>>85091011
>Crossover with Raimi Spider-Man, TASM Spider-Man, and MCU Spider-Man

I can't make up my mind on how to feel about that
>>
>>85090506
from what I can remember
>Spider-Man movies
>Venom movies
>sinister six movie
>unspecified female led movie
>Spider-Man vs the Amazing Spider-Man
>Aunt May movie
>>
>>85090506
Spider girl: too many spiders
>>
File: good god.png (583KB, 1492x800px) Image search: [Google]
good god.png
583KB, 1492x800px
NEVER FORGET
>>
>>85091461
Why do these people always try to be trendy when they know damn well how awful that goes and that they know nothing about what they're going after?
>>
>>85090614
>Hey Marvel, give us 3 billion for Spider-Man
>How about you let us use him for free?
>>
>>85091523

Because they entrust those ideas to "yes men" and idiots.
>>
Sure it's an awful idea, but I probably would have enjoyed seeing Emma Stone try to play Carnage.
>>
Pete's blood can raise the dead.
Gwen is Carnage. Alternately, Gwen is Spider Gwen from another dimension.
Sinister Six.
Venom, Carnage, or both.
Spidey 2099
Clone Wars adaptation.
Tobey Maguire vs Andrew Garfield.
>>
>>85091065
We'll get Spider-Verse in Phase 6.
>>
Oh, and we can't forget a spy thriller set in the 60s starring Aunt May.
>>
>>85090614
I'm convinced that /tv/ fabricated this one. It's too fucking preposterous.

Does anyone here happen to have the wikileaks link for it?
>>
>>85091064
Hi Amy, how is that flop treating you?
>>
>>85092360
>Implying it was a flop
It did better then Sony expected
>>
>>85092675
I bet you think BvS wasn't a failure too
>>
>>85092716
I think nothing more then what the floating heads tell me to think
>>
>>85092675

Still not enough to cover all the advertising, most likely.
>>
>>85090506
The made 8 Batman movies in less than 20 years that featured two Jokers, one (and another barely there) two face, Freeze, Ivy, two Catwomen, Penguin, Bane, Ras, Talia and only two films used Robin, only one used Batgirl - there's still tons of shit they could have done, and the shared universe would have been say Nightwing, Red Robin, etc. etc.

Same shit for Spidey. There's a shit ton of comics. Black Cat could be a stand-alone movie, for example.

The problem would be the lack of other Marvel IP (for example, not Johnny Storm, unless Sony made a deal with Fox, which would have made sense, because then Fox could have Spidey in their FF movies).
>>
Is there really enough Spider-Man material for a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe?
I can't help but feel that you'll run out of villains fast. What's next, a Screwball antagonist film?
>>
>>85095943
So far, I can only see Venom getting a spinoff franchise in the near future. Black Cat is kind of a push.
>>
>>85091461
To her credit, none of these three things are inherently bad ideas. The mentality behind why is awful, but a Spider-man fight scene with a well done EDM track to match the movements would be pretty tight, doing stuff like Holland/Garfield in costume doing vines as spidey would be some decent marketing if done right, and Spidey should have some snarky over-confidence is in-character.

But holy fucking shit, this email screams "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing but I'm going to meddle anyways." It's a wonder that good movies can exist with people like this behind the wheel.
>>
>>85091615
Ultimate Carnage was a bad idea then, and it's a bad idea now.
>>
>>85096715
The TASM-verse isn't far off from Ultimate just like Raimi's movies resembling 616 with a few Ultimate elements.
>>
>>85096662
>It's a wonder that good movies can exist with people like this behind the wheel.
Just remember that every awful movie, someone was paid a vast sum of money to write it, and a cable of people who are also rich agreed with the final product.
>>
>>85091461
this pains me physically
>>
>>85091011
>>85090614
>>85091065

>Spider-Man v Amazing Spider-Man
I had a dream about that. The Spiderverse with only those two, it was great. No bullshit lets u and i fight, they were just helping each other out with their lives. Toby teaching the less experienced Spidey with fighting and spider-sense, and Andrew helping him make webshooters in case his organics flop. The movie ended with them gumming up the NYC skyline after taking out the Green Goblins.

ASM Spidey could probably get with SM Gwen, even.
>>
>>85091461
this make me laugh and pain at the same time
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.