[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's 2001 and you're looking for something to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: justice league.jpg (46KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
justice league.jpg
46KB, 1280x720px
>It's 2001 and you're looking for something to watch on Cartoon Network

>Wait, why is the screen black and what's with the horn music?

>Wait what is that!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXph0arElKs

Post reaction after seeing the intro for the first time.
>>
File: 1464505788804.png (12KB, 73x72px) Image search: [Google]
1464505788804.png
12KB, 73x72px
>>85089804
>It's shit

No, seriously, I'm not judging the show itself because growing up I just never.happened to follow it properly. But coming from BTAS I really hated the new artstyle in the JLA cartoon. Everything felt very static, the colours felt inexplicably muted and the CG opening looked awkward. I absolutely couldn't stand how the reflections on clothes and whatnot was always drawn the same way, made everything feel lifeless and plastic. Then i'd watch the pilot eps and it was this story about generic shapeshifting aliens trying to conquer the world (I remember being just as disappointed when they made that Ultimates cartoon with a pretty similar premise)

Yes, I AM being picky. That's kind of how I reasoned as a kid, it was good first impressions or bust. For example I never gave a damn about DBZ until my early teens, before that I guess I happened to always watch the bad episodes to get into it. Didn't even know what a super sayian was. Although now that I think about it I remember watching over and over the 1st few episodes with Raditz because I had the VHS. Oh well
>>
>>85090538
fuck you JL and JLU are the best cartoon adaptation of any cape-shit
>>
>>85089804
I actually think I only ever saw one episode 5 times or so as a kid. Didn't have cable as a kid, and mom hated cartoons/comics. It was the one with the time travel and future batman.
>>
>>85090538
When I was a kid I had a VHS with Trunks vs Frieza and I would always watch that, or the Piedmon fight from Digimon. And Tom and Jerry's greatest hits.
>>
File: hothead.gif (30KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
hothead.gif
30KB, 250x250px
>>85089804
>X PART 1
>Have to wait for the next episode tomorrow
>Next day
>Y PART 1
>>
File: starfireravenkigurumi.png (617KB, 788x814px) Image search: [Google]
starfireravenkigurumi.png
617KB, 788x814px
>>85089804
I was 16 at the time. But it was magestic as shit, then I probably grimaced at the shitty 3D, then lost my mind at the glorious final hero shot from the opening.
>>
>>85090538
Just because Timm's fetish ruined the latest DC animated feature that doesn't retroactively make his previous works WORSE.

We have the same thing with The Legend of Aang and The Legend of Korra; Made by the same people, but the earlier series is objectively superior. (Though the Finale of the first series itself was an absolute shitshow indulging in its own, pardon the pun, "Legend")
>>
File: 1414201224718.jpg (18KB, 373x344px) Image search: [Google]
1414201224718.jpg
18KB, 373x344px
>>85089804

>The horns blow up as Superman bust through the fucking wall as Sky blue surrounds his silhouette
>>
>>85089804
Y'know, watching this again, the style almost makes up for the crappy CGI. Except for Wonder Woman and the overly slow fade-in at the beginning.
>>
>>85089804
Justice League's intro was alright, but the JLU intro is the real moneymaker. The fucking cut to guitars with the quick zoom will never stop being fantastic.

http://youtu.be/WwVgB0MRCVg
>>
File: 1466029652126.gif (799KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1466029652126.gif
799KB, 200x189px
>>85089804
>>
File: image.png (692KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
692KB, 640x1136px
>>85089804
>mfw 6 year old me saw this intro for the first time
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.