[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what happened to this show man? Older seasons: >consistent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 408
Thread images: 51

File: Adventure Time.jpg (71KB, 787x670px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Time.jpg
71KB, 787x670px
what happened to this show man?

Older seasons:

>consistent style/tone
>had an entertaining, focused, comprehensible story
>actually had witty/funny/natural dialogue
>episodes usually posed a problem for Finn or Jake (or both) and they actually got developed as characters and were relatable
>oftentimes actually conveyed a meaningful, simple moral question or philosophical theme
>fluid, vibrant animation

Newer seasons:

>episodes are totally spontaneous, never know what show I'm going to be watching this week
>unfocused, poorly written stories that make little to no literal sense and are boring as fuck to watch
>lol look how art and symbolism and 2deep we are!!
>are you feeling the feels yet?!
>finn and jake are practically c-listers in their own show, they rarely go on adventures anymore
>there's no longer any likable characters
>ruin perfectly good long-term plot lines in anticlimactic ways or never resolve any until MANY episodes later
>dialogue is usually just ear-gouging stuff with too much made up slang, killing any chance at intimacy with the audience

and because of all these things, the show is now a literal ghost town around here. it used to be so big too.
what do you think /co/, can it ever recover?
>>
File: Christina_miller.jpg (61KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
Christina_miller.jpg
61KB, 349x400px
This bitch got put in charge, that's what. Same reason everything on CN is shit now.
>>
File: snyder's of hanover.png (179KB, 377x345px) Image search: [Google]
snyder's of hanover.png
179KB, 377x345px
>>85075283
Miss me yet?
>>
>>85075192
Hey the newest season does get a little better. It's mostly just the ups and downs of Season 5 and the complete shit-turd awfulness of Season 6 that people cannot stand.

>>85075283
>Ablooabloo I blame womyn ain't I cool
She has nothing to do with it you twat.
Penn Ward stepped down. Rebecca Sugar got her own show.
Most of the storyboarders and good writers left.

It's running on perma-Fanfiction now.
>>
>>85075192
Been waiting for someone to bring this topic up. Hold on let me prepare my self.
>>
>>85075373
Hey, I'm sure Mike Scully had at least some hand in the downfall of the systems, even if he did lose over half the original writing staff during his term. Same thing here.
>>
>>85075192
Honestly I'm a die hard early series AT fan but the later seasons aren't as bad as they're made out to be, and S7 is legitimately good.

But fuck that faggy shit, post pretty art.
>>
>>85075192
>>episodes usually posed a problem for Finn or Jake (or both) and they actually got developed as characters and were relatable
This is more true of the newer seasons.

>dialogue is usually just ear-gouging stuff with too much made up slang, killing any chance at intimacy with the audience
This is more true of the older seasons.
>>
Be honest- does this ponytail look really gay, or only a little gay? That fucking arm though.

I've never settled on a good look for older Finn and the way his hat/hair are gonna work, there's line a million different directions it can go. I just pray to fucking God it won't be Guts Finn.
>>
the show was never consistent
>>
>>85075530
I love the early seasons and yeah, not sure what OP meant as Finn and Jake learning from their lessons and changing. At most they flipped an aesop on its head every once in a while.

Come on though, there are times where the dialogue of modern seasons is downright awful. Earlier seasons handled the wacky words a lot better from what I remember.
>>
>>85075192
I recently rewatched season 1-6, working on the seventh.
>episodes are too random
That is literally how the show began. We didn't start introducing arcs or episode connections up until at least season 3. How can you say the episodes were predictable in the first seasons? They weren't.
>poorly written stories
>boring
It's not like the writing was so clever throughout the series anyway. If the show is boring for you it just maybe isn't your thing. That doesn't mean it is bad because its not your thing.
>2deep meme
There's literally like 3 episodes where they tried to be philosophical but it fell flat. I can name them for you, Breezy, Astral Plane, and The Comet. That's it. You can't keep criticizing the show for three episodes, and holding these episodes to the entire status of the show, despite these being last season. The show moves on, the show changes, those bad episodes don't represent the series as a whole. The main thing the show is about is Finn and Jake in Ooo, and that's all it ever was mainly about. A simple moral question can easily be found in episodes from season seven "Bonny and Neddy" and "Daddy-Daughter Card Wars." The former explaining that we shouldn't acknowledge that people are different, it is just apart of life. The latter showing Jake dignifying himself by being a good sport, not just winning. I forgot "The Music Hole," where Finn was convinced to stop mourning over his Finn sword by acknowledging that he is more fortunate than others in ways that he takes for granted. No developement? Meanwhile Finn reconciles with FP, and she admits he has matured. In "Bun Bun." In "Flute Spell," Finn isn't worried about his futurex and is way better at communicating with the opposite sex.
>rarely go on adventures anymore
Rarely go on adventures period*
ftfy.
AT was never this shoe where Finn and Jake set out to do some quest, it was more about them interacting with the people of Ooo. Yes we have episodes where Finn and Jake do not appear. cont.
>>
I wish it were still like the pilot, shit still makes me laugh.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ubaXd19PkIU
>>
>>85075612
The show never did any like Lord of the Rings quest shit, but the earlier seasons certainly had a lot more episodes of "Finn and Jake explore land X and beat bad guy Y."

This isn't really a problem though because the show just expanded and honestly benefited from it. Much as I love Finn and Jake if the show never expanded from that mold it would have never made it past season 4.
>>
File: wut.gif (1MB, 444x250px)
wut.gif
1MB, 444x250px
Last episode i watched was the one where Jake dies and Abraham Lincoln revives him by making a pact with death, that was like 5 years ago. I also remember things like the cosmic owl and the other dude that's supposed to be like a deity being a cool mystery and not a pair of fuckboys.

I remember feeling like the lore just felt out of place and forced, it's like if someone who gives you muffins from time to time suddenly starts furiously shoving Twinkies down your throat all of the sudden just because he saw you enjoying those muffins

But honestly, is it even worth the time right now? does it really look like it's gonna get better?
>>
>>85075612
>There's literally like 3 episodes where they tried to be philosophical but it fell flat. I can name them for you, Breezy, Astral Plane, and The Comet.
I liked Astral Plane desu. But you forgot Hall of Egress, that's the ultimate 2deep episode.
>>
sugar sucked the soul out of the fat hack like a succubus
>>
>>85075373
>Implying Sugar had any good episodes.
>>
>>85075736
Astral Plane was the most egregious instance of Jesse obnoxiously using Finn as his philosophical mouthpiece and for that the episode earned my dislike.

Jesus Christ dude, at least try to write the dialogue like it would come out of that character's mouth.
>>
>>85075753
What is the entirety of her season 2 and 3 episodes my good man
>>
>>85075782
does anyone have the comic of jesse or someone ordering a coffee while speaking in 2deep nonsense? i'd like a laugh
>>
>>85075698
If the lore was what annoyed you then I'm afraid the next seasons make that even worse. There's a lot more of it.
>>
cont. Yes, Finn and Jake are not as prevalent, but think of your favorite episodes of AT. Was the fact that Finn and Jake WERE THERE the reason that is your choice? If that's the case you are lying because we have had episodes that feature Finn and Jake that were still bad, well according to /co/ that is. Web Weirdos, Frost and Fire trilogy, Dream of Love. You may argue that the problem was Finn and Jake weren't the main focus, but again, that is not THE reason the episodes you chose as your favorite were so, Gut Grinder was shit, but Finn and Jake were primarily the focus, so the reason Finn and Jake were there is not the reason the episode is great.
>never resolved many episodes later
I never understood this, what are some arcs that got postponed or never finished/disregarded?
>made up slang
Oh like in the pilot where Finn uses math terms? I would rather them use slang that no one uses because then it won't age. If they used slang we used in 2010 you would look back in disgust and shame.
>no longer any likeable characters
Ice King isn't likeable? I love Marceline, BMO is likeable, when he isn't the focus that is. Neptr? Who were likeable characters the show got rid of?
>Can it ever recover
That depends, will /co/ stop shitting on it for shit that happened a year agi and watch the latest fucking season? No one is going to want to watch it if you guys keep shitting all over it because your ships didn't happen. It's a ghost because we have nothing to fucking discuss, you want the same conversations over and over? CN likes to space new episodes over a month for some fucking reason. Season 6 was subpar at most, and season 7 easily redeemed it. Enough with this false notion that the show is shit for things that happen one to two years ago.
>>
>>85075373
>Hey the newest season does get a little better.
>implying Stakes garbage was good
>>
>>85075373
>>Ablooabloo I blame womyn ain't I cool
Are you serious?
>>
File: 1469582004021.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1469582004021.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>85075736
>Hall of Egress
What was so fucking 2deep4u in that episode? What?! WHY ARE YOU GUYS SO FUCKING AUTISTIC THAT THE SLIGHTEST MOMENT THE SHOW HAS YOU THINK YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE BEING CHALLEGED MENTALLY
REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85075927
Bro I liked Egress but you're just being obtuse if you think that wasn't full on 64deep128u.
>>
>>85075903
>Stakes
>being garbage
Two possibilities here, you are butthurt because Finn didn't get a miniseries. Or, You are an asshurt Fubblefag
>>
>>85075782
I don't think there's anything really wrong with a character being a "philosophical mouthpiece" as long as they're also a character. It's an episode about Finn looking at the world and pondering ideas, as teenagers are wont to do. It makes sense as part of his continuing maturation.
>>
>>85075941
Some examples. I can say anything is 2deep4u doesn't make it true. What are some examples where the episode was trying too hard to be deep.
>>
>>85075977
>At the seashell's centre lies the Cornucopia's smallest door
>>
>>85075977
The entire episode. The mystery of whatever the dungeon was trying to explain to Finn, the ending with him running through the hallway with that ambiguous PB quote.

2deep doesn't mean bad man, it was 2deep but also pretty good.
>>
>>85075971
There isn't anything wrong with it, the problem is how it's done. AT has touched on serious undertones in the past, the only problem is how it's done. Speaking from recently rewatching the series, it could have been done better. What I mean by that is where the writers are trying to get a message across, but it feels somewhat forced. I listed three examples of when this happened.
>>
>>85075971
>as long as they're also a character.
But if they're just any character then they lost what makes them unique. Finn's sayings in that episode didn't sound like him AT ALL, and that's not because I think he's too retarded to be pondering such things, it just didn't sound like him at all.

Jesse skipped the part where he's supposed to fit his writing to Finn and got right to shoving all his ideas into Finn with no fine tuning.
>>
>>85075997
>what does egress mean?
>exit
>>85075992
OMG SO DEEP XDDD LOLOL GUISE LOOK AT HOW HARD THEY R TRYING TO DEEP OMFG LOLOLOLO XDDD
>>
>>85076034
Oh you're retarded, never mind.
>>
>>85075997
>this is trying too hard to be deep
What are you guys 5 years old? This wasn't a deep concept, and hardly a concept at all. It was Finn figuring out the dungeon through trial and error, and that's all it was.
>>
File: 3289672.jpg (58KB, 1280x695px)
3289672.jpg
58KB, 1280x695px
This is the only good part of Stakes, prove me wrong.
>>
>>85075192
They couldn't decide what they wanted the show to be. First it was wacky randomness with some deep dark lore that was generally not recognized and taken for granted. Great, fine. Then they started to develop arcs for the characters and expand on the lore. Also fine. But they were afraid of the actual consequences of character arcs and development so they just let everything fizzle out. Now the lolrandom stuff feels like filler instead of the heart and soul of the show like when it started, and the drama is pointless and everyone knows it. It's the worst of both worlds.

The writing was on the wall when they made PB young and acted like it was significant and an end of season cliffhanger and reversed it literally the next episode she's in then basically never talked about it again. They clearly had no idea what they were doing.
>>
>>85076045
No, you are trying too hard to make it seem that they are being 2deep4u. If that's it you guys are fucking retarded.
>>
File: My pot has PIGS on it!.png (388KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
My pot has PIGS on it!.png
388KB, 1280x720px
>>85076061
>>
>>85076061
Is that the part that had the song in it? If not then you're wrong.
>>
>>85076061
>prove my opinion wrong
>>
>>85076061
The villains were the best part of Stakes but the way that they all got defeated at the end of the same episode they stared in way lame. I guess there was no better way to do it but it still makes them seem a whole lot less cool.
>>
>>85076063
Good post.
>>
>>85075736
>Hall of Egress
That episode was awesome m8
>>
>>85076063
>something that happens in the show 4 seasons ago is always relavent
>no it doesnt matter if the show changes or more shit happens, I'm going to continue to use this example as a basis for the critique for the entire show.
The show never stopped being random they just care more about continuity now.
>>
File: tumblr_m84bhkgDUy1qi8kzfo1_1280.png (511KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m84bhkgDUy1qi8kzfo1_1280.png
511KB, 900x900px
When will my sweet hero boy stop getting buried in shit bros?
Will Preboot/Reboot be when he goes back to being awesome?

Also, they're literally never gonna let him and Marceline talk again huh? Did she get a restraining order or something?
>>
>>85075683
This. If they kept that fomula it would have ended up as predictable and formulatic as Regular Show.
>>
When did classic Adventure Time die in your opinion?
>>
>>85075698
How is the lore forced? The only people that feel this way were the ones that denied that the land of ooo wasn't post apoctalyptic, despite it pretty much being confirmed in season 1 and 2. The lore is ambiguous at first, but becomes more clear as more episodes begin to touch on it. Kiss cartoon has all the episodes i recommend watching. Also don't ship anyone; you WILL be disappointed, that's all. If you forgot exactly where you stopped paying attention the wikia has all the episode synopsis to help.
>>
>>85076181
early season 3.
>classic
>die
The show just took a different direction, it really isnt so different.
>>
>>85075570
pretty gay
the fact it's so high up and also kind of off to one side make it more so
if it were lower and right in the middle it'd be less so

the arm does need work, yeah, the flowers don't really work
>>
>>85076181
Dad's Dungeon because immediately after that Flame Princes showed up.
But what an episode to end classic AT on.
>>
>>85076248
I think the flowers for that design are really cool.
Finn's not like a badass warrior dude who would cover himself in edgy armor and skulls, he's a kind sensitive dude who would be down with having flowers as part of his design/self.
That's why I would have been totally fine if they had kept Finn as missing his arm but with the flower. It fit with him pretty well.
>>
>>85076131
I thought Marceline stopped talking to Finn in "Return to the Nightosphere/Daddy's Little Monster?" She stopped consistently hanging out with Finn a while ago. Finnceline was pretty much sunk in season 2.
>>
>>85076217
I'm pretty happy with the Bubbline ship, anon
>>
>>85076288
Well, flowers in general are fine, but I don't like the specifics of how they are in that image.

I guess I want more of an "Overgrown Laputa robot" look
>>
File: 1463368379967.jpg (59KB, 553x1314px) Image search: [Google]
1463368379967.jpg
59KB, 553x1314px
>>85076302
same
>>
>>85076302
Wait did the Natasha draw that?
>>
>>85076317
I don't know, I'm really into the way they're set up there. Maybe the fact that it's just really well drawn is throwing me off and if it was done in a different style I'd think differently.

I think the little shoulder-hole is really cool though. Lets Finn have a functioning prosthetic while still allowing his flowers to get that sun while he's adventuring.
>>
File: Tumblr_l7h8q6MSiV1qd4z24o1_500.jpg (50KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_l7h8q6MSiV1qd4z24o1_500.jpg
50KB, 500x412px
>>85076354
Yes, and this
>>
File: ClFYf45VEAEuoHs.jpg (66KB, 645x700px)
ClFYf45VEAEuoHs.jpg
66KB, 645x700px
Japanese AT fanart is a gift.
>>
>>85076354
And there's a few more
>>
>>85076302
kys
another reason show went to shit
>>
>>85076131
She is currently sucking the pink out of someone sweet right now.
>>
>>85075373
>We aren't allowed to call out someones incompetence if they happen to be women.

Are you SURE that's the path you wish to take in life?

Are you SURE?
>>
>>85076384
>WAH FINN DIDNT CLAIM PB'S SWEET TENDER BUBBLEGUM PUSSY WAHH!
>>
>>85076384
>I hate lesbians
>>
>>85076388
But like, all the time man? Dame gotta come up for air at some point.
>>
>>85076382
Natasha is lewder than I thought
>>
>>85076289
That was supposed to be a joke (at least I'm pretty sure it was) but then the writers got so distracted with Simon sad times and Bubbegum lesbian shenanigans.

At this point its either
1) They forgot how to write Finn/Marceline interacting
2) Consider it a waste of time since they could have Marceline doing stuff with either Ice King or Bubblegum instead.
>>
>>85076424
>>
>>85076428
Here's what I like to do, see who storyboarded the episodes with Finn and Marceline interacting to see if thats truly the case, or that was the only writer that cared enough.
>>
File: 1469684230102.gif (2MB, 245x246px)
1469684230102.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>85076431
>>
>>85076469
That's all I have from Natasha unfortunately
>>
File: 1469683135216.png (45KB, 209x195px) Image search: [Google]
1469683135216.png
45KB, 209x195px
>>85076414
>>
>>85075570
I want this Finn to cut off that silly ponytail and then roughly fuck me

In terms of his hair I think (if he ever gets rid of that hat) it would be cool if he just roles around with it being decently long. It would be more unique than like the generic short hair most adventurer dudes have and if anyone can pull it off I think it could be Finn.
>>
>>85075570
I would like this to influence a change in Finn's character design. Although, none of the major characters received different designs(not including clothing), I would still like to see Finn with a bionic arm. They have teased this long enough. Maybe Doctor Gross can do something similar like she had done for Tiffany.
>>
>>85076302
>with the Bubbline ship, anon
shippers are fucking cancer, the minute a show caters to them is a good sign a show is going to shit.
>>
>>85076489
Is this from the Scream Queens? I don't understand the bubbline hype in it there really wasn't that much. I felt that it focused more on that wherewolf guy as her love interest rather than Marceline
>>
File: Tumblr_m5meef95vn1r7wz6no7_1280.jpg (389KB, 1031x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_m5meef95vn1r7wz6no7_1280.jpg
389KB, 1031x1566px
>>85076649
At the end, wasn't Bubblegum only entertaining the Werewolf guy's desires?

But yeah, the Bubbline vibe was low, but it had some cute covers.
>>
>>85076643
The show never really catered to us. I don't think they are doing it for more viewers; the episodes that bubbline shippers love don't get any more viewers than the ones that aren't of any interest to the ship. Also, the staff isn't allowed to take ideas from their fans, so the episodss they do air were their own ideas. I feel like they do it because its what they want to do with the show.
>>
File: Marissue_4_cover_1.png (851KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Marissue_4_cover_1.png
851KB, 600x900px
>>85076679
>>
>>85076688
>>
>>85076701
>>
>>85076679
I don't remember much, but I do remember her caring for him, for so than she had done for Marceline. It was a short lived comic it wasn't much desu. The ending I remember PB and Marcy making up from the problem they had.
>>
>>85076736
Lemme grab my copy and scan through the ending
>>
Well this thread was nice too bad it won't last the night.
>>
>>85076776
Ships in the night my friend.
>>
>>85076759
Turns out the Werewolf guy was a shapshifter, and after he tries to tell her his 'REAL HORRIBLE SECRET', Princess Bubblegum blows up at him and says "OH, YOUR REAL SECRET? THE ONE THAT ISN'T JUST A PLAY FOR MY SYMPATHY?"

I still get the vibe she cared, but not in a romantic way, especially not at the end.

Marceline also seems to be jealous of him - "You can tell Guy about all your theories."
>>
>>85076831
Seems like the only thing I truly forgot was PB blowing up on that guy
>>
>>85075373
>the poster is saying it's a woman thing, not a person thing
>>
>>85076124
I used that example because it's probably the most clear cut case of them fucking up the plot aspect of Adventure Time, but the fact that it's an older episode is completely irrelevant. The problem is still there. They have no ideal how to balance plot and wackiness and everything is super unsatisfying as a result. It's a pretty common criticism of the show.
>>
>>85076063
sad there was so little porn of loli pb
>>
I really hope this shows has a good ending. It deserves it.
>>
>>85075192
ffs I'm so mad at how bad this show got.

>hey look, an episode where all these characters have an american idol style contest to cheer up finn
>Oh wait, you thought it was going to be about music? haha no, time for 2deepfor4u
>sequel to card wars, a fun episode.
>even it devolves into 2deep4u bullshit

It's like jesus man we shouldn't be at the point where I have to expect pseudophilosophical garbage every episode. Take me back to the golden days where it was adventures with lore peppered throughout. Now you rarely see finn and jake adventuring in something that doesn't try (and fai) at teaching them a life lesson/
>>
>>85076909
I can see it being a common criticism, but
it doesn't feel prevalent enough for people to quit watching it. I can think of two, Breezy, where Finn gets a new arm but not really, and that loli PB. I would like more examples but I can't really think of them. I admit I've noticed this, but I just ignored it. I saw it as a bad episode, not an episode that ruined the series.
>>
>>85076966
By this logic ANY episode that has our protagonist advance on an emotion level is 2deep4u. That should only be used on things for when it falls flat. I listed three examples somewhere at the start of the thread. DDCW showed character developement, and that's good, we usually don't see Jake advance. In the Music Hole a lot of us were disappointed at the derail to that Hole that will nevee be seen again, but the message was done well. It was easy to understand, and was moral. Jake and Finn rarely "adventured," AT was never really that adventerous
>every episode
You're just exaggerating, 2deep4u nonsense is only problematic when it falls flat and/or its delivery is total shit.
>>
>>85075192
Might I take a moment to reiterate, to properly pontificate
on the state of your affairs.
You've split in two! That's two of you!
That's one part old and one part new
Who's to blame, who to hang?
After all we're an angry gang
Wizards, and monsters and candy folk too
want to know who dropped the poo.
There was joy in his young boy eyes
now only someone who wishes to die.
>>
>>85075570
Wait, did you draw that, or is that a new design for fin in the show
>>
>>85077073
Just a snazzy piece of fanart, I didn't make it.
>>
>>85076966
I think the problem here is your expectations were shattered, and by default you called foul because the episode didn't work out how you wanted. That's not how we should rate the episodes, we should do so by rating what happened, rather than what was expected. I would have loved for DDCW to be more focused on Charlie and Jake doing intensive CW like we saw in the titular episode. I didn't get what I wanted, but I should still critique it fairly. I bet you after Preboot/Reboot, many anons are going to call foul after they find out Susan isn't Finn's mom. The inverse not so much; that is an unpopular opinion.
>>
>>85077088
Just realized the wording was confusing. Let me clean that up. If Susan is not revealed to be Finn's mom anons are going to flip shit, if she is, the ones that denied it not so much because it really isn't a popular opinion. I feel that the consensus here is that Susan is Finn's mom.
>>
>>85076412
I hate pointless retcon forced lesbians.
>>
>>85076923
Seriously? I expected more from you /co/.
>>
>>85077142
True, I expected more porn too.
>>
>>85077038
>By this logic ANY episode that has our protagonist advance on an emotion level is 2deep4u
The problem isn't emotional maturation, the problem is when they turn to the fucking camera and give a pseudo philosophical monologue about the lesson they're supposed to be learning. where's the subtlety? where's the relatability? it's uninteresting drivel that has no lasting weight by the time the monologue. ends. it's a trash way of delivering development that falls flat every time for being fundamentally flawed
>>
>>85077125
>forced
>PB and Marcy have been revealed to have had bad blood since season 3
This isn't LoK anon, bubbline has expanded and actually would make sense. I remember in january I made a thread showing a scene from "Varmints" where PB was lying on Marceline's shoulder, and people who had stopped watching the show were confused when they "became gay." People who didn't even watch the series could recognize it. Marceline and PB's relationshio has been expanded on and improved over the series. If they were to air an episode objectively confirming it, it would take no one by surprise.
>>
>>85077203
It was never subtle, the drama in the show has always been explained. The only times it falls flat is when they try to explain it but feels forced. As if they are trying.
>>
>>85077088
It's not that my expectations were shattered, I don't put stock into fan theories and shit, the problem is that instead of doing anything interesting they it just ends up being a long winded speech that amounts to "dude, look how deep this is" and nothing else. it's trash.
>>
>>85077243
I don't see what you're going on about. I was confused after first watching it, the only reason I can grasp the concept and identify what they are saying is because I wrote the plots for the wiki. You need to truly pay attention, it isn't challenging.
>>
>>85077227
>It was never subtle, the drama in the show has always been explained.
That doesn't make getting it in a higher frequency any better. in fact in earlier seasons it didn't fucking exist. remember that time in mortal recoil and mortal folly where the lich gave a monologue about the nature of life and death before finn defeated him? no? because if it were made today you could bet your ass there would've been. Just look at the new card wars ep.could've been literally anything, ANYTHING else and ffs it's a monologue about ending youth. neat.
>>
>>85077301
Is there really a problem with that though? Jake wanted to feel dignified and move on from the past. He learned to be a good sport, and redeem himself in the end, and realise it isn't all about winning. This is a great moral to teach to children. I've seen some of it in Clarence and Steven Universe. If you feel it is done too frequently I don't know what to tell you. I think you don't enjoy listening to morals from a children's show. Just because their is drama or morals doesn't make the episode bad, we haven't had a lot of these episodes this season, not like you're making it out to seem.
>>
>>85077356
by "it" I mean morality
>>
>>85077274
>assuming I don't get it
You see, this is proof at how indefensible this show has become. The reason these long winded 3deep6u parts that end up in most episodes these days are shit isn't because I can't understand, it's because it's concepts so simple be bloated into monologues like they're this grand philosophical lessons. it's unsubtle garbage being pushed onto even the most unsuspecting episodes. How could you not think it's silly to get a 2deep4u monologue in the episode about a fucking card game. like dude, come on.
>>
>>85075805
>What is the entirety of her season 2 and 3 episodes my good man
This. In fact Sugar leaving was one of the first nails in the coffin of the show.
>>
>>85077356
>I've seen some of it in Clarence and Steven Universe.
Know the difference? steven doesn't turn towards the camera and give a monologue about his youth and the past because that's bad writing.
>>
>>85077388
I don't think it's silly at all. We have always had this. In "Evicted" Jake sings a song to Finn about what it truly means to be home. I don't think it really is a monologue like you're making it out to seem. Jake only spoke with his daughter for like 10 seconds about it. I don't see how that "monologue" ruins the rest of the 11 minutes.
>>
>>85077416
Neither does anyone else in Adventure Time.
>>
>>85076986
Jake becoming a father comes to mind as another one. Beyond those particular episodes though there's just a general sense that the writers have no idea where the show is going or what they want Adventure Time to be. It tries to strike a balance between random humour and worldbuilding that just doesn't work on either side.

The whole thing is very schizophrenic; there's no sense of vision or planning. Hell, even shitty shows like Teen Titans Go or Johnny Test feel like they at least have a game plan.
>>
>>85077440
AT having no direction isn't news to me. I think the problem is people expecting for there to be. I see it a lot
>and that was a load of nothing
>what was that even about
AT was never meant to have a goal and theres nothing wrong with that. Spongebob never really had a goal either. The difference being AT has worldbuilding. The world building mostly explains their setting, and since it is such a unique place many stories can be explained. There is no one story in AT, it is a composition of multiple stories. Everyone that matters has a story, or at least a background. Just because someone past or origin is explained doesn't mean their future needs to be too.
>>
>>85077432
now you're just being desperate
>>
>>85077511
Not an argument.
>>
>>85075602
/thread
>>
>>85077526
you're denying reality at this point if you're saying adventure time doesn't do monologues. I get it man, you like pretentious neo-adventure time. nothing wrong with that. but you can't just pretend it's flaws don't exist.
>>
>>85075192

Finn Isn't interesting anymore. He's a teen with boring teen issues. No one likes teenage issues. Characters like PB are just more interesting.
>>
>>85076302
The fucking main problem with Bubbline is that they focus on it way too much, and they're just side characters.

Finn meanwhile gets fucking nothing, and he's the main character of the show.
>>
>>85077551
I don't believe that just because something has a flaw it therefore becomes disposible, or irrelavent. Not every show needs to be perfect to be enjoyable. The flaws really aren't ubiquitous enough to persuade me to stop watching. I feel like what critics are saying right now are exaggerating from what I am seeing, i.e., it doesn't add up.
>>
>>85075192

I honestly thought Adventure Time was finished years ago. It feels like the fandom moved onto Steven Universe, Star Vs, and Gravity Falls. It feels like such an early 2010s show. I thought it and RS were done. CN barely airs either.

I hope it gets a proper finale instead of just being canceled one day.
>>
>>85077577
see this is an example of exaggerations that do not add up, and over time it just esclates to OP.
For one, Finn isn't worried about that, watch "Flute Spell." We don't focus that much on bubblinex we have like four bubbline heavy episodes. (What Was Missing, Sky Witch, Varmints, Broke His Crown). Stakes felt more focused on Marceline rather than bubbline.
>>
>>85077576
Finn's the only character left that's even slightly interesting. PB just a boring lesbo who hasn't done one interesting thing this entire season now.
>>
>>85076289
>>85076131

So... I haven't watched Adventure time since season 3, but one of the things I liked was Finn and Marci's interactions. They were fun together, and I could care less whether they ended up dating.

Has the show really eliminated any interaction between them? Because that seems really depressing somehow...
>>
File: pbm.gif (475KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
pbm.gif
475KB, 500x281px
>>85077577
>They focus on it way too much
What?
There's a few episodes that focus on it, as >>85077607 said, there's only like four, over the course of 7 seasons. There's a few references to it throughout other episodes but they don't 'focus on it' at all. if only
>>
>>85077607
>>85077607
>Finn isn't worried about that, watch "Flute Spell."
Oh yeah, the fictional character doesn't care, it's not like the writers can change his feelings at any moment, which they've done in the past

>We don't focus that much on bubblinex we have like four bubbline heavy episodes
That's almost as many as Finn had with FP, and we all know how that turned out
>>
>>85077634
>there's only like four, over the course of 7 seasons
Not him but this is a very unfair point because the ship didn't even exist until the last 2 seasons
>>
What happened is the Marceline, and Princess Bubblegum shippers killed the show.
>>
>>85077710
It ruined AT fanfiction.

Go on any website with AT fanfiction and 80% of the fucking stories are Bubbline.

Do we really need 100 different stories of the same fucking ship, we all know how it ends
>They meet
>Some sort of conflict
>They end up together and start munching pussy
I guess this could be said with all shipping fics, but still.
>>
>>85077755

No it really did, Marceline never intracts with Finn or Jake so it doesn't contaminate her ship with PB.

People wonder where the focus is on the show went, it went there, and then the writers left, and the new ones don't know how to work the old magic back.
>>
>>85077846
>Marceline never interacts with Finn or Jake

Welp, guess that answers my question. Why does this depress me so?
>>
>>85075956
Or how he was used awfully compared to other characters.
>>
>>85075956
Stakes was pretty good, but the usual status-quo enforcing ending made a lot of it seem pointless.
>>
>>85077755
This1000x

In this case, deviantart yuri shippers finally struck gold. In turn, we don't have Marceline and Finn going on cool adventures and she never even showed up once to help Finn in his shitty dad arc.

Fucking thanks, shippers.
>>
>>85075192
The writers had no idea what to do with the increasingly more important main story. And as a result they completely dropped the ball. Now they're desperately trying to glue the ball back together, hoping to find something that works.
>>
>>85077755

Fanfiction Isn't a good way to grasp a fandom. Tbqh, Bubbline makes for better drama than a lot of the other stuff in AT and thus gets the most fanfics. I'd say fanart is more evenly divided
>>
>>85077975
Because Finn and Marceline really play off each other well. It's the main reason why most of the earlier Marceline episodes worked so well.
>>
>>85078437
>Bubbline makes for better drama than a lot of the other stuff in AT and thus gets the most fanfics.
Said only Bubbline fans/shippers in general

>I'd say fanart is more evenly divided
Yeah, right. You barely see any art of the two not together these days.
>>
I don't see Bonnibel and Marceline as exes. To me they seem more like they're stuck in perpetual state of UST. They've skirted around the obvious.

>>85077710

Didn't they make the series more popular? I remember a lot of people learning about AT from Bubbline.

>>85077616

Jake is more interesting than Finn.
>>
>>85078474
>yfw they made Marcy and Finn stop interacting because of his ham fisted puberty arc
I refuse to believe that she was just undercooked and had such a small presence in Finn's life shown past S4.
>>
>>85078512
Yes. I mean, i'm not saying i would have liked it. But it baffles me that during the whole puberty/flame princess break up, Finn didn't even once consider "Sexy bisexual Vampire lady" as a option.
>>
>>85078550
>bi
>>
>>85078550
>bi
disgusting
>>
>>85075192
>what happened to this show man?

You overanalyzed a children's cartoon so much for so long that you ruined your ability to watch it without dissecting it and just enjoy it.
>>
I haven't watched this since season 1. Is romance really as big of a focus later as people make it out to be?
>>
>>85078590
>>85078630
Well she did date a guy. And even before Marceline X Bubblegum really became a thing she was pretty flirty with everybody.
>>
>>85075192
Rebecca Sugar left.
>>
>>85078860
It's not as big as people are making it out to be but it does take up a chunk of seasons 5 and.6
>>
>>85077580
you see, it's just you enjoying the show despite it's flaws. however those flaws are still very real and appear in such sheer frequency that you can't be surprised people drop the show. we don't all have your dedication to this show.
>>
>>85079527
Fuck off to /sug/.
>>
>>85079527
I think it's the exact opposite. Rebecca Sugar is the one who tried to escalate the show into something more than a silly romp. Granted, she (usually) did it pretty well, but then everyone else also suddenly wanted to bring their own tone to the show. Everyone just stopped writing Adventure Time and started writing whatever the hell they wanted.
>>
>>85079975
He's had a point, but the problem wasn't her leaving. The problem was her trying to make a different show than Penn was making. Penn was doing silly adventures with a boy and his dog, Sugar was doing the Marceline show featuring Finn and Jake.
>>
>>85076687
>the staff isn't allowed to take ideas from their fans
You know the concept of Fionna and Cake started in here, right?
>>
>>85080194
>>85080181
I really like Rebbeca sugar's work on the show. But i do think you people might kind of have a point. As much as i like everything getting more plot and feel heavy. The show and a few of the characters did start to stray away from what they originally where. It wasn't bad at the time, but it did start the shows decent down a slippery slope that resulted in the mess we have today.
>>
>>85075192
it became too generic, and didnt stay true to its source.

A lot of shows have this problem. The original is popular which spawns immitations that are popular but less so. The original gets tired so draws inspiro from the immitations and eventually becomes them.

Also the story became too forced, they stopped adventuring and it tried to become "epic" with its animation battle sequences, which american cartoons often cant into.
>>
>>85075570
Ponytail is stupid, and the scar on the eye is a bit much, but besides, it's great.
>>
>>85075283
Not actually the MAIN reason it sucks now, but it does contribute. It's more because Pendleton Ward left it ages ago and does not give a flying fuck about it anymore.
>>
File: 1470119588869 - Copy.jpg (79KB, 620x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1470119588869 - Copy.jpg
79KB, 620x1006px
>>85075570
removed the ponytail and the eyescar using MS paint
>>
File: 1470152240121(2).jpg (78KB, 620x1006px)
1470152240121(2).jpg
78KB, 620x1006px
>>85081887
>>
>>85080913
There's something called coincidence, anon. They don't browse here for ideas.
>>
>>85079974
>sheer frequency
quit exaggerating. I literally finished rewatching the show and it just isn't adding up.
>>
>>85078719
Fucking this.
>>85078860
It's there but isn't the primary focus
>>
>>85079017
>flirty with everyone
Only with Finn and Bonnibel, and Finnceline was sunk a long time ago
>>
>>85078508
>didn't they make the series more popular?
There's no increase in ratings from the bubbline episodes in comparison to the normal ones.
>>
>>85078406
>main story
Like what? There is no main story. Where did you get that they are desperately piecing thingd together? There is no one story in AT, there is only multiple stories.
>>
>>85078243
>implying shippers have any influence on the show at all
>>
>>85077646
There's only about 2 episodes in the last two seasons try harder faggot.
>>
>>85077636
Wether or not it is a possibility doesn't contribute to your argument of it happening in the show. There is no coorelation to Finn and FP's number of episodes to the amount Bubbline has.
>>
>>85077631
She still...cares? I am not sure. She agreed to help Finn cheer up at the Battle of the Bands, but it seemed like she was more in it to win it. Interaction wise I think the writers forgot how to do it.
>>
>>85075192
When did At take this downhill spiral?
I want to know when to stop watching
>>
>>85081982
Not criticising but what is that orb in his hands?
>>
>>85083089
When Flame Princess was added.
>>
>>85075357
Hell no
>>
>>85083089
Dont listen to these anons. Read here.
>>85075612
>>85075895
They are refering to a small point in Season 5.2 to 6 where it was subpar and the three episodes that sucked at being meaningful that somehow represent the entire show. If you honestly cannot watch season 6 keep watching; Season 7 easily redeems it. Don't ship anyone.
>>
>>85075192
Honestly they should just fucking embrace it and make it Finn's Harem. AT has a wide and satisfying selection of waifus.

They don't even have to be degrading about it, a lot of the princess and shit are really competent.
>>
>>85083089
This is what I mean by stop paying attention to these children.
>>85083151
This right there, ignore that. He is mad because of something that happens later on, and despite it being years ago somehow is something that has any influence on the show currently. These are just episodes you don't like, not something that ruined the show.
>>
I always enjoy AT and the whining from people about it always stuck me as really pathetic.
>>
>>85083307
I don't even know if you guys are being serious at this point. A harem? By harem do you mean Finn being friends with a lot of females, or what an actual harem is.
>>
>>85083345
It is very pathetic.
>>
>>85083527
Y-YOU
YOU ARE
YOUR PATHETIC
VIRGIN
>>
>>85077646
>ship didn't even exist
I guess you didn't remember the bubbline shipping in season 3's "What was missing." Because that's where the ship really started. So, how is this an unfair point?
>>
File: His_hero.png (600KB, 749x415px)
His_hero.png
600KB, 749x415px
Adventure Time should be Sword & Sorcery for kids, pic 100% related. Even the Ice King is a reference to the 1983 Fire and Ice film.

Instead it's FLAME PRINCESS GOES ON A HIP HOP TOURNAMENT and JAKE'S WEIRD KIDS TALK ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS!
>>
>>85081838
Sometime, during the 5th season of Adventure Time, Ward abruptly stepped down from running the show, explaining it was negatively affecting his "quality of life". In the October 2, 2014 edition of the Rolling Stone magazine, Ward stated "I quit because it was driving me nuts". However, he continued to work as one of the show's writers and storyboard artists until the end of the season six, and he still serves as an executive producer. In an interview with Indiewire prior to the debut of season seven, head writer Kent Osborne noted that Ward stopped writing episode outlines at the beginning of season 7, but still looks over them and provides input as he is focusing on an Adventure Time movie. He still works as an executive, and still provides feedback though.
>>
>>85081256
>animation battle sequences
We rarely have had fight scenes that were plot heavy. How is the story forced?
>>
>>85083848
>FLAME PRINCESS GOES ON A HIP HOP TOURNAMENT and JAKE'S WEIRD KIDS TALK ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS!
>two episodes somehow represent the entire show.
>>
>>85084084
>a scene in the episode somehow represents the entire episode
forgot to add that
>>
>>85083698
No, that happened AFTER the episode when someone made the "They used to date" comment for publicity. They got it
>>
>>85082992
>Wether or not it is a possibility doesn't contribute to your argument of it happening in the show.
>He doesn't think they'll bring up romance with Finn again
Don't even go there nigger
>>
>>85084265
What? Were you never on the internet after that episode aired? When Olivia Olson "confirmed" they used to date people were cheering, and she mentioned the "creepy fan art." Know what this means? The ship already existed. Many articles claimed "Bubbline shippers rejoice." Not a surprise that shocked everyone.
>>
>>85084296
Not an agument. And if they will wether or not they fuck up isn't something that is objective right now.
>>
>>85075192
As time passes, thing become worse.

Second law of thermodynamics, anon.
>>
>>85084338
Of course the fucking ship existed before that, shippers put together fucking everything. I think I saw fanfic one that paired Finn up with the fucking Pig.

I was talking about the ship didn't exist IN THE SHOW ITSELF.
>>
>>85084378
This basically boils down to
>I-it won't happen guys, I swear!
>>
>>85084393
>implying the quality of the show follows that law
This implies a show cannot get better, when that is just untrue. AT got better after season 1, many shows do, and season 7 is objectively better than season 6.
>>
>>85084398
"Is that why you always avoid me, that must be such an inconvenience to you"
"I wanna suck the red, from your pretty pink face"
-Marceline (Season 3)
In the season 5 episode "Sky Witch" PB's shirt has more sentimental potence than Hambo.
The ship existed just as much as it did in those episodes than it did in season 7.
>>
>>85084440
>AT got better after season 1
That's called a peak anon, once you're there you won't get there again.

Season 7 may be better than Season 6, but it's nowhere near the quality of Season 2 or 3.

No series ever gets any better once you hit Season 4
>>
>>85084430
>it will happen because I say so
I'm denying it will happen because your argument for it is weak.
>>
>>85083089

I'd say when Finn gets his arm back and everything reverts back to normal after they made such a big deal with the foreshadowing to him loosing it.
>>
>>85084540
>no where near
Take off your nostalgia goggles. Season 7 was better than season 6. Season 8 can be better than season 7. We don't know. But just assuming the only direction is down is preposterous.
>>
>>85084558
>I'm denying it will happen because your argument for it is weak.
That it happened once so it can happen again?
You seem a bit irked TBQH
>>
>>85084393

American Dad seems to avoid that trait.
>>
>>85084529
Oh one of the last 3 seasons has dyke pandering, and the world is forever shocked
>>
>>85084631
>assuming the world works like a roulette wheel.
>what is the gamblers fallacy
>>
>>85084619
>The best episodes of the series are just seen through nostalgia goggles
>>
>>85084693
There's a large difference between this world and a world written by ship panderers anon
>>
>>85084704
Quality anon, quality. Nostalgia can and will cloud your judgement. Not that I'm implying we didn't have great episodes in the past. My favorite episode is "I Remember You," and at that time a lot of anons were pissed Finn and Jake weren't involved.
>>
>>85084693
Anon, that's not what the gambler's fallacy is
>>
>>85084654
American Dad is exporting entropy hard to Seth's other shows.
>>
>>85084781
Not an argument.
>>
>>85082735
No, they used to come here (and we used to have a draw thread) . Some anon asked them for a r63 art. They drew it, and end up using the concept in the show
>>
>>85084816
not a perfect example but still takes the same gist.
>>
>>85084844
Nothing counts as an argument for Bubbline shippers I see
>>
>>85084860
Source? They literally are not allowed to do that; they would get into serious legal trouble. They aren't even suppose to look at that type of stuff. Adam Muto said this on his ask.fm/MrMuto
>>
>>85084905
Not nothing counts, your argument is weak. Just because the world created by animators is different than ours, doesn't mean the same logic cannot apply. It can be applied. You are insisting that because something was done in the past, it is certain to happen again.
>>
No matter why, it is a universal truth that Adventure time uses to be good,and is no longer.
>>
>>85084881
Not really.

That anon said
>If it can happen once i can happen again
The gambler's fallacy is the belief if it happens a lot of times now it won't happen as much in the future, or if it happens a few times now it will happen a lot more in the future. That anon said nothing about how many times it happened, he said it could happen again though.
>>
>>85085026
Season 7 is pretty well done.
>>
>>85084974
>You are insisting that because something was done in the past, it is certain to happen again.
For story reasons, it can

I hope you do realize it's a lot easier than you think
>>
>>85083036

Lame. That was one of my favorite parts of the show when I watched, and I always wanted them to spend more time together, because I liked the way they played off each other.

>>85078474

Yeah this. I never wanted them to be lovers, I just liked watching them as friends, and was always disappointed they didn't have more episodes together.

Similar thing happened with Regular Show for me.

Oh hey the main character has a girlfriend that he has actual chemistry with, and not a blank slate color swap of himself. Hey, she actually acts like girls I've known. They're actually friends and she's not just some distant object of desire.

...Oh that's awkward, but I guess they had to deal with it. Oh... that's uncomfortable, but it looks like they're back to their wacky adventures. Ok, another relationship episode... but everybody's getting along and... FUCK YOU BLUE BIRD MAN!

Muscleman's wedding caused the last of my interest in that show to drain out of my body. I was so pissed off after that. I've seen one episode since then.

I just wanted to watch the blue bird have adventures with his cloud GF. Is that too much to ask?

Seems like Cartoon Network's specialty these days is creating interesting characters... and then ruining them.
>>
>>85085029
>nothing about how many times it happened
He said it happened once, and used this as justification for it happening again? What do you think this is?
>>
>>85085052
Only Bubbline fags think this
>>
>>85085052
The damage is done.
>>
Dropped it after the Food chain episode(I didn't dislike it tho, it was fine). Just felt like it.
>>
>>85085072
Just because it is easy doesn't mean it will happen. It is pretty easy to do numerous things in AT, but that isn't justification for it happening.
>>
>>85082887
The Lich? Finn growing up? Jake getting children?

It's not a main story in the same way Avatar or even Steven universe has a "main story". But there are enough season spanning arcs that i would argue Adventure time has, or at-least tried to have a, a main story line.
>>
>>85085098
He said nothing about it happening multiple times in a row or happening a few times in a row

If anything YOU are the one using since you're claiming it already happened so it can't happen again
>>
>>85085129
>but that isn't justification for it happening.
Story reasons
>>
>>85083345
>People feeling a show has gone downhill.
>Pathetic.

I envy your apathy towards life anon. If everybody could be this uncaring. Then the world would be a better place.
>>
>>85085162
How are any of those interconnect, other than being in the land of Ooo? There is no constant storyline, there is only a compilation of stories. What IS the main storyline?
>>
>>85075570
I like this look but look at those fucking BOOTS, Jesus. I can't ever see Finn wear something like that, looks like he stole those out of Marcy's closet.
>>
>>85084338
>Many articles claimed "Bubbline shippers rejoice."

The fact that people get paid to write articles like that just shows that it's time to pull the plug on this planet.
>>
New Adventure time isn't very funny, and it doesn't entertain well. Old adventure time did.
>>
>>85085171
I'm criticising his argument. You are criticising criticism. Which is also a logical fallacy. This is irrelavent.
>>
>God-tier
Season 1-2
>Alright-tier
Season 3
>Melancholy-ohgodwhyisnooneinthisshowhappywhyaretheyspoutingoutrandomphilsophicaljargonthisissoboring-tier
Season 4 onward
>>
>>85085271
>You are criticising criticism
No, I'm simply pointing out you're not using a term correctly
>>
>>85085290
I think Season 4 Was getting there, but still able to salvage some entertainment. Really it's past that mark that the show begins to suck.
>>
>>85085290
I'm guessin you have hardly watched the series. You can have an opinion you want, but what suggest that the earliest seasons are the best? We never had try hard philosophical episode in season 4 and 5 quit talking out of your ass.
>>
Anyone else wish they didn't outright do PB to be crazy? Feels like they took stuff that was only semipresent, an additive to the adventure part, and made it a main thing.

Like emotion, it usually wasn't straight up emotional stuff on the show, just a bit. Now emotion is a major part of adventure time, and so if ain't special or fun no more.
>>
>>85085333
After Incendium Finn stopped being a fun character.
>>
>>85085315
How did I not? It still takes on the same gist, it doesn't always need to be a perfect example I even said earlier it wasn't. He is using an event that happened, even if it is one, is still a number of times, as justification for it happening again. I'm denying it because it is a weak argument and logical fallacy.
>>
>>85085369
Agree to disagree. He was definently getting worse, but the other characters and the show were able to pull it together still, in my opinion.
>>
>>85085369
More like he wasn't as childish and enthusiastic. Sorry that your protagonist grew up.
>>
>old AT episodes
Set up like DnD sessions, you had quests, social events, monsters and adventures.

>New AT episodes
Set up like tumblrshit
>>
>>85075283
She's a MILF
>>
>>85085386
That's not the same gist.

It would be a logical fallacy if he claimed it WOULDN'T happen again, or if he claimed it only happened once so it's going to happen a lot more in the future. Saying it could happen again isn't the same as those
>>
>>85085426
He's a cartoon. You're acting like it was inevitable that he'd grow up.
>>
>>85085459
>implying we don't have any of those now
Adventure Time was never all that adventerous. Even Pan Pizza's review 4 years ago admitted that.
>>
>>85085290
Season 3 was right up there with 1 and 2 man. What's the deal some people have with it? Too Young and Fionna and Cake or something? Season 3 was great.
>>
>>85085426
Are you seriously trying to push this as a good thing? What's the point of having your main character when he's just a stiff board most of the time?
>>
>>85085506
I actually Too Young because it seemed like it was setting some continuity up but it was never realized. Like all the plots in the show.
>>
>>85085535
Because he matures throughout the show. My protagonist is human, he makes mistakes and goes through tough times just like any other human.
>>
>>85075192
Everyones entitled to there opinion
>>
>>85085505
No we don't and you're a fucking moron for not understanding what I mean.

Old AT was VERY structured, the premise was self-contained in each episode and Finn was basically given a singular task and the episode revolved around beating or obtaining that task.

>Cure Jake's manbaby body
>Find a new home
>Enter the middle of a maze
>Watch the castle while PB is away
>Carry some tarts
>Obtain more gear because you look less impressive

These are adventures.
>>
>>85085493
You're missing the point, it is poorly argued. He is insisting that because it happened in the past it is justificiation that it will happen again. The world doesn't work like a roulette wheel, it isn't probability. This is the point I was trying to get across.
>>
>>85085570
So they should take out all personality and likability and make him a boring as shit character
>>
>>85085603
Those are adventures? Finn and Jake do just as much "adventuring" as they did then.
>>
>>85085635
The shit they do now doesn't feel like adventuring, it feels boring.
>>
>>85085632
How did they remove any personality? Finn is just as enjoyable as the earlier seasons. I literally rewatched the entire series. You should do the same.
>>
>>85085607
Both of your arguments are poorly argued from what I've seen

You're no different saying it's not a probability that it will happen because it already did. Anything can happen.
>>
>>85085635
Oh?

Name 5 episodes where Finn and Jake just go off and do something.

No reoccurring side characters, no Drama. They Get given a simple goal and they find a way to overcome it.
>>
>>85085673
>my opinion is fact
I feel like you're just shitting on it, we still go on "adventures." AT was never that adventerous.
>>
I still like Finn but the show didn't really improve his character as time went on. Romance drama mostly served to make him either a crybaby or asshole and overall all his massive amount of development did was make him more depressed and passive most of the time, which kind of sucks compared to the energetic dynamo he used to be.

Even now in S7 where he seems to be damn near done with his development he just has the big problem of not being as fun to watch do stuff.
>>
>>85085685
>Finn is just as enjoyable as the earlier seasons.
No, he's not. Finn had tons of enthusiasm in the earlier seasons. These latest episodes he lacks it.

Nowadays he's a sad boring cuck
>>
>>85085721
>AT was never that adventerous
>Most of the early episodes can be written up as DnD encounters with ease.

Yeah, no.
>>
>>85085698
Just because anything can happen isn't justification that that particular event will happen.
>>85085707
I'll get back to you
>>
>>85076096
>tfw was expecting Vampire King to be The World and have time stop ability
>>
>>85085750
>Just because anything can happen isn't justification that that particular event will happen.
My point proven
>>
>>85085721
I am shitting on it. It isn't very good anymore, and that's what most think. Adventure time was about doing some thing adventurous and fun. Does not have to be specifically go on a quest. It doesn't feel.very adventurous or fun anymore.
>>
>>85085707
Preboot/Reboot Finn and Jake go to Beautopia to uncover human history, and board a ship.
I Am A Sword, Finn and Jake search for the thief that took Finn sword.
Normal Man, Finn and Jake fight their way up Wild Trap Mountain
"Elemental" Finn and Jake go to the Ice Kingdom to see what Ice King is up to.
"Beyond the Grotto" Finn and Jake travel through that portal tryin to save the sea lard
"Thin Yellow Line" Finn and Jake try to uncover a conspiracy
"Crossover" Finn and Jake try to reset the fate brought upon the farmworld
"King's Ransom" Finn and Jake try to recover Ice King's crown
"Mama Said" Finn and Jake try to tame a wild mushroom. The entire Stakes miniseries? Finn and Jake weren't the focus but were a decent part of it.
>>
>>85085974
Most of those episodes aren't very good though. Adventure is very subjective. You can fit anything to be an adventure. It is the characters that have gone awry. Feels like the only face Finn ever makes is ['_']. Why they would make their MC boring, I don't know.
>>
>>85085740
>cuck
Name one example when he was a cuckold. Having your ex-girlfriend find a knight and you guys aren't together anymore because you used her insecurities against her isn't cucking. That enthusiasm was Jeremy Shada's childish voice. The peak in popularity of when /co/ cared about this show was during the end of season 4, so you guys still enjoyed this well after that enthusiasm was gone.
>>
>>85085780
That anything can happen? So what? Tree
Trunks and Mr.Pig might get a divorce, that isn't an argument that strongly suggest it will happen in the show.
>>
>>85075192
Season 7 has been quite good so far after stakes.
Nothing has come close to Lemonhope and Evergreen but it's still really good rn.
>>
>>85086039
It still followed the prequisities that the others followed. Are you really going to complain about the show's art style?
>>
>>85086041
>Trying to defend the Flame Princess romance arc
Opinion discarded
>>
>>85086107
I haven't really been watching AT regularly since early 2015, but I managed to watch Stakes and I think AT needs more arcs like Stakes, some kind of threat or plot point that takes more than a couple episodes to resolve.
>>
>>85085901
It was never adventerous. It changed in season 3 why are you guys still complaining? Popular opinion is irrelavent to the show's quality, from what I think the majority are pissed because their ships didn't happen.
>>
>>85086091
That's in the show itself. You two are talking about something a lot more behind the scenes
>>
>>85086169
not an argument
>>85086170
If you enjoyed Stakes you will enjoy the rest of season 7, I can't speak for the BMO episodes though.
>>
The show has gone on too long.

Just end it now with nothing happening.

Then maybe have a TV movie in a year or two with staff that actually have a direction they want to take the characters and the plot.

Right now it feels like a trainwreck and something needs to change.
>>
>>85086147
Even if it followed their formula to a T, it still isn't enjoyable to watch. I don't care enough, to go and investigate what this formula is, because it doesn't really matter in the end. Soy ou actually genuinely like New episodes as much as the first seasons?
>>85086187
I've never been a shipper in Adventure Time. He didn't really have any good options anyways. If he and FP got together in an episode, I wouldn't have cared, but ichate ths t they made such a bif deal over it, ya know?
>>
>>85086205
The show itself isn't its own entity, it is the result of the storywriters, revisionist, and boarders. The decisions they make can be applied using this logic.
>>
>>85086223
Guess I should get around to watching the rest of S7 later tonight.
>>
>>85086265
Yes! I do enjoy it just as much! I can see the show for what it is and identify nostalgic feelings when I have them.
>>
>>85086265
Why did they make a big deal? Blame Xayaphone. A few bad episodes do not represent the show as a whole.
>>
>>85086283
All the episodes are on kiss cartoon. If you'd like to know where you left off the wiki has the episode synopsis. It starts off meh but starts moving around Stakes
>>
>>85086311
I can identify nostalgia too bud. I didn't watch these shows as a kid, I haven't been a kid for a while. I watched all episodes within the span of about two weeks.

I'm glad you're enjoying them though, keep on trucking.
>>85086332
I know that, but feels like the whole tone changed.
>>
File: This_Dumb_Fucker.jpg (37KB, 300x352px) Image search: [Google]
This_Dumb_Fucker.jpg
37KB, 300x352px
>>85075373
>Ablooabloo I blame womyn ain't I cool

What kind of faggot cancer do you have?
Stop posting anyday now and kys bud...
>>
>>85086243
How about you stop being so pessimistic about anything that happens in the show.
>>
>>85086223
>not an argument
I'm not making an argument, I'm calling you a faggot
>>
>>85086378
I think I'm just gonna watch the whole season and rewatch Stakes
>>
>>85086273
And something like a personality change could go unnoticed very easily
>>
>>85085974
>No reoccurring side characters
>Crossover
>>
>>85086385
A change isn't always bad.
>>
File: 1452395652221.jpg (15KB, 269x253px) Image search: [Google]
1452395652221.jpg
15KB, 269x253px
There's a lot of damage control ITT, and from the looks of it, it's all from Bubbline faggots
>>
>>85086443
Who cares and why does it matter. How does that negatively affect the show. If they didn't explain what happened in the farmworld you guys would be bitching about how they never complete their arcs.
>>
>>85086453
In what happened to AT, yes, Change is bad.

Pretty much convinced me women can't write adventure
>>
>>85086438
They literally make every inch of the show in every second of it. If anything's there it's there for a reason. Even if it is just there as an easter egg
>>
>>85086503
Nope.

I literally would not care because to me AT started as semi-self contained stories with no general Arc besides Finn going on adventures.

It's the difference between Worldbuilding and DEEPEST LORE tier stupidity.
>>
>>85086486
>someone defends something
>damage control
I don't think you know what that word means. I'm trying to get rid of these misinterpretations based on ignorace and poor reasoning.
>>
>>85086507
I would go far enough to say that.
>>85086453
But the change was pretty bad for adventure time. A more sullen tone doesn't really fit the theme of adventure and fun and wacky.
>>
>>85086507
>saying this when Sugar wrote Mortal Folly, literally the most high adventure episode in the entire show
More like tired, fatigued writers can't write adventure.
>>
>>85086507
So change is bad but yet you guys bitch when they go back to staus quo.
>>
>>85086529
Exactly. A personality change could come from anyone
>>
>>85086576
It stopped being fun and wacky in mid season 3. AT was mosta popular with /co/ near the end of season 4. That can't be the reason why the majority quit watching.
>>
>>85086590
She didn't write the main premise, and the episode itself is very meh.

The Lich is just badass.
>>
>>85086566
>>someone defends something
>>damage control
That is exactly what damage control is Bubbline fag
>>
>>85086601
A tonal change and plot change are two different things man
>>
>>85086619
A character being out of character for an episode means it was an episode where the character was out of character. Nothing more.
>>
>>85086644
I think you're just mad because Finm wasn't the one licking PB's pink. Stay mad Fubblefag.
>>
>>85086672
And an episode where Finn is concerned about romance again is still entirely possible.

Anything is
>>
>>85086654
The change in tone wasn't the reason so many quit watching. The tone changed in season 3 and the show got more popular. In general.
>>
>>85086706
Hey I'm not the one defending shitty episodes left and right just for the sake of tumblr pandering

Also thanks for proving me right Bubbline fag
>>
>>85086223
Angel face has honestly been one of my favorites this season. It's probably Xayaphone's best episode.
>>
>>85086710
It wouldn't make sense, Finn being a spaghetti mess was because he was a youn inexperienced teenager. He has only gotten better with relationships. Why would he suddenly go back to being spaghetti out of no where? We have already seen he isn't in Flute Spell. You are just speculating. So what if it is possible? A lot of things are possible.
>>
File: sYJ6I.jpg (156KB, 904x678px) Image search: [Google]
sYJ6I.jpg
156KB, 904x678px
Just finished reading through the artbook and it really has me thinking about this show and why I don't like it as much as I used to.

I think a huge component is that the show never even tries to be epic or intense anymore. The first Lich episode and the fight at the end with the sweater captured something with the show I really miss.

I got fucking burnt by the whole comet arch. I liked all the stuff with Finn's dad, I liked the concept of the comet even if it was handled kinda over-complicatedly and stupid, and I really liked Evergreen, so I was excited for the resolution. The big bad was just so unintimidating and stupid I really just hated it. A super serious villain like the Lich was a great contrast from the show's normal sillyness, and brought out another thing we rarely see anymore, Finn being a badass. Anyway, Space Alien Man (don't remember his name) just sat in space, said a few dub lines with his stoner/easygoing voice and got killed with little coordination or stakes. I lost interest in the show for a long time after that.

Speaking of stakes though, I eventually got around to watching that and I really enjoyed it, with the exception of a problem I brought up earlier: Finn wasn't allowed to be badass or cool at all. He was incompetent, weak, and the butt of most jokes. I thinkn it's fine to make him emotionally weak and all that, even though I know people hate that, but nerfing his fighting capabilities and his heroism just rubs me the wrong way so hard. That was his main characteristic for so long, it really hurts to see it ripped away like that. Haven't watched anything passed Stakes yet, but I kinda want to now.

Anyhow, that's my opinion. I'm not biased at all I think, hell, my favorite episodes are Puhoy and I Remember You, episodes from apparently shit seasons.
>>
File: 20160515_170757.jpg (51KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160515_170757.jpg
51KB, 480x480px
>>85086746
I'm not damage controlling. Show me an example where I was.
>>
>>85086783
>Finn being a spaghetti mess was because he was a youn inexperienced teenager.
Breezy disproves everything you just said
>>
>>85086824
The entire topic Tumblr Bubbline fag
>>
>>85086779
He writes some more good ones like "Bun Bun," I don't know if you have seen it yet.
>>
>>85086796
Stakes was especially retarded because just a few episodes before that in The Comet the show made a huge point in how wise and mature Finn is now yet in the miniseries he can't stand up straight without falling all over himself.

They just went for really cheap, easy humor and he was the one used for that the majority of the time.
>>
People who value innocent D&D-style fun love the first two seasons. People who like characterization and relationships like three and four. People who like an indifferent exploration of life in an alien world enjoy later seasons.

I enjoy the latter because it's more interesting to me than a procedural adventure with a clean resolution. If I had to guess I'd say that the people who persistently broadcast "it used to be good" in AT threads are those who invested themselves at the beginning, and felt betrayed when the focus shifted. People who joined later don't mind the changes as much, and tend to see them objectively then pick their preference. I also think there's a strong element of blind tumblr hate, to the extent where any amount of character or relationship building is read as tumblr pandering by obsessed /co/mrades. Another kneejerk reaction pops up whenever staff are mentioned. If there's a simple explanation of "it was all x's fault" which also doubles up as a showcase of how well informed you are, then you dinguses will eat it up.

I wanted to hang around to try and wring some discussion out of this scramble of unoriginal opinions, but reading all the terrible posts as I was writing this has bummed me out. mite as well leave this here anyway. what a fag
>>
>>85086796
The season 6 finale was very weak. I enjoyed Evergreen too. I think Stakes was mostly focusing on Marceline.
>>
>>85086826
How? Breezy showed Finn being a teen like I had said, and took place before Flute Spell when he matured.
>>
>>85086945
See I think the way they tried to make the tone darker and explore more stuff beyond "boy and dog beat up bad guys" was a really cool concept that I enjoy in theory, but the thing is they never really handle it well in my opinion.

The later seasons are trying to execute that stuff poorly while earlier seasons were executing fun, inane misadventures damn near perfectly, at least to me.

I can 'spect your opinions though anon.
>>
File: 1463241397370.png (2MB, 1200x1403px) Image search: [Google]
1463241397370.png
2MB, 1200x1403px
>>85086868
I didn't bring up tumblr
>>
>>85087027
You don't mature in just one season. That just shows you how jumpy the writing is
>>
>>85087049
You didn't have to, you just have to defend shitty seasons for the sake of shipping
>>
>>85086945
I feel the same way, but this is really the only place I want to discuss AT, and I can't do that when shitters manipulate opinions. Arguing with them helps at least a little bit. Any contribution is one.
>>
So when is there gonna be the 2 new last fucking episodes
>Preboot
>Reboot
what do they mean by this?
>>
Ice King is the only reason I watch the show anymore. I just want to feel he some closure for him.
>>
>>85087076
Not that guy, but it's not like Finn went from acting like an 8 year old to a freaking 25 year old man or something dude.

He acted more mature when faced with romantic bullshit shenanigans, something he dealt a lot with very recently. It's not out of the blue at all to have Finn think "Alright, the way I acted before just made things terrible for me so I'll act differently here" or something.
There's degrees of maturity and shit.
>>
>>85087106
I am defending sub par seasons like the sixth because opinions are misguided. Season 7 is great not because of shipping. If I was defending the show for the sake of shipping I would be shitting all over season 6; there was no shipping material.
>>
>>85087166
I still can't get over how Ice King, the saddest and loneliest character since the beginning, is finding love before Finn
>>
>>85087076
That one season was about 50 episodes across. Finn growing up was gradual, it didn't happen over one episode.
>>
>>85087222
Most romance takes place over a tiny few episodes every season, what's your point
>>
>>85087208
Ice King is also over a thousand years old. He hasn't found love yet as Ice King, but had Betty when sane. Finn and has had multiple encounters, but as of "Flute Spell" he isn't worried about that. The writters will find someone for Finn.
>>
>>85087196
You're not accomplishing anything by defending them Bubbline fag, you're not gonna change any opinions
>>
>>85087276
It was gradual enough. Are you complaining that Finn didnt stay a "cuck" like so many would insist. In "Billy's Buckey List" Finn was being alpha with Canyon and /co/ rejoiced that he wasn't full of spaghetti.
>>
File: Screenshot_(68).png (423KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_(68).png
423KB, 1366x768px
>>85087314
Stay mad Fubblefag
>>
when does Adventure Time start getting bad?
>>
>>85087308
>but as of "Flute Spell" he isn't worried about that
Anon, stop bringing up Flute Spell. I know you're trying, but really, even in Flute Spell, Finn admitted at the end he had feelings for Huntress Wizard, so the whole "I'm not worried about that" was basically a ruse

>>85087347
Not gradual enough when it comes to romance
>>
>>85085243
A coming of age story about Finn.
>>
>>85087382
All ships are cancer Bubbline faggot, and your seasons are too
>>
>>85087418
It gets subpar somewhere around Season 5.2 and 6. I honestly think it was because of ships but no one would admit that. It really isn't bad, just there are more shit episodes than there ought to be. It's subpar at most.
>>
>>85087418
little bit here, little bit there. you know how it is.
>>
>>85087028
Thanks, your opinions are pretty swell too. Can you give any examples of times when the concept was jarringly mishandled? I'll admit that there are some weak and not so entertaining episodes later on, but I feel they added to the grander idea. It feels as though you're seeing random fragments of life around Ooo and sometimes that's pedestrian or incohesive, which just leaves me with a much more genuine impression.
>>
>>85087441
Aka as Adventure Time enjoy
>>85087439
And what happened when he didn't make it with HW? Did he cry and become depressed? No. He picked himself like a man.
>>
File: 409.jpg (60KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
409.jpg
60KB, 600x620px
>>85087465
stay angry your ship is sunk
>>
File: Adventure Time.png (92KB, 976x421px)
Adventure Time.png
92KB, 976x421px
>>
>>85087511
Kind of in terms of plot stuff which everyone's been complaining about for years so I won't go into it. That stuff starts and ends really abruptly, probably because they want to keep having the wacky misadventure early season style episodes side by side with the more serious plot/introspective ones and it just seems like both sides are cannibalizing each other and it doesn't totally work out.

That's probably my biggest gripe with the show but I still like it a lot, and am impressed that its still doing such interesting things in fucking season 7 (like technically 9 going by 26 episode points). Most shows couldn't last that long.
>>
>>85087562
My ship is Tree Trunks X Pig and it came true Bubbline faggot

Too bad it was when the series started turning to shit
>>
>>85086796
>Speaking of stakes though, I eventually got around to watching that and I really enjoyed it, with the exception of a problem I brought up earlier: Finn wasn't allowed to be badass or cool at all. He was incompetent, weak, and the butt of most jokes. I thinkn it's fine to make him emotionally weak and all that, even though I know people hate that, but nerfing his fighting capabilities and his heroism just rubs me the wrong way so hard. That was his main characteristic for so long, it really hurts to see it ripped away like that. Haven't watched anything passed Stakes yet, but I kinda want to now.
This and >>85086924

The whole spaghetti depression breakup arc never needed to happen. Ever.
>>
File: latest.png (1MB, 1227x1019px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
1MB, 1227x1019px
>>85087643
So much distaste for bubbline. Why the hate friend?
>>
>>85087519
>And what happened when he didn't make it with HW? Did he cry and become depressed? No. He picked himself like a man.
That is some development I'll say that.

But it shows Finn, deep inside, is still concerned about romance

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled another Fire and Ice
>>
>>85087677
Because its the reason your show turned to shit
>>
File: latest-1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>85087765
That's an overstatement. Bubbline has improved throughout the series. Powerful stuff.
>>
>>85087793
>This is what Bubbline fags actually believe
>>
File: latest-2.png (887KB, 1280x720px)
latest-2.png
887KB, 1280x720px
>>85087822
I'll be sure to screenshot your tears when they confirm it.
>>
File: 13114.jpg (9KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
13114.jpg
9KB, 300x186px
>>85075192
I always liked the show. But I have to agree with the majority here. Season 6 was bad. And season 5 was forgettable. But season 7 is doing good. But with the two new episode we got, it looks like AT is trying to be "too deep 4u" again.
>>
>>85087908
And then what Bubbline fag? What happens after that?
>>
>>85087929
Having meaningful episodes is only problematic when it feels forced and/or its deliver is shit. Preboot/Reboot seems like it will bring more lore.
>>
File: latest-3.png (785KB, 1097x721px)
latest-3.png
785KB, 1097x721px
>>85087958
I drink Fubblefag tears
>>
>>85087994
>Having meaningful episodes is only problematic when it feels forced and/or its deliver is shit

Yeah. That's what I mean.
>>
>>85088012
And what happens after that Bubbline fag?
>>
>>85087630
Yeah, mad props for having like, 2-fucktillion episodes and still being watchable.

I guess I don't think there's much of a fixed tone in the first place to break down by switching between plot and adventure. Post season 4 it's been getting more neutral, bordering on melancholy, so I feel the jumps between tone come easily. Fixating on my earlier point a bit, but it feels like watching life tumble by; where sometimes things get heavy and sometimes it's mindless fun and that whole directionless ball of happenings is supercharged by the world of Ooo.
>>
>>85087126
Checking tvzap2it this friday to see if CN has given an airdate for it. August 18 is the next possible air date.
>>
>>85075373
No one blamed her because she's a woman. People are looking to her to blame because she is in CHARGE and the quality has DROPPED.

You know, like every other noose-cracker in the working world.
>>
>>85075895
You only ear people moaning about the shippings and shitting on the show because those very people are the only watchers left
>>
>>85089009
What is your point?
>>
>>85090017
The show is nothing more than fanfiction and shipping bait now. It's dead, let it die in peace or walk past thru it like you would of an ex gf that whore herself out.
>>
The show's backstory seems to have been written by hyperactive grade schoolers. I stopped watching due to all the forced romance/ship tease, increasing serialization and lore.

My favorite episode was Rainy Day Daydream for reference, with Paper Pete probably being next
>>
>>85090299
Fanfiction is noncanonical to the show. It influences the shows not. The episodes that "pander" to bubbline get no more viewers than the other episodes. It isn't baiting anything, and the writers do not take unsolicit ideas from fans; they are not allowed to.
>>
>>85090627
>forced romance
Only account I can think of is Breezy. One episode from season 6 does not represent the entire series. All it is is a bad episode, not an episode that made the entire series unwatchable.
>Ship tease
So what? It isn't forced at all and the two work well together. Either you hate lesbians or Fubblegum being sunk really hurt your feelings.The miniscule amount of episodes that potray PB and Marcy do not represent the entire series. The little moments PB and Marcy have these episodes do not represent the entire episode in the first place. These episodes build onto their relationship, but it does not represent what they episode is about.
>>85085121
>damage is done
Oh boo fucking hoo its been over a year now move on. It may not "fix" what happened in the past, but it can be forgiven. The damage has no influnece on the show right now so why does it matter.
>>
>>85087741
They are not going to pull another Fire and Ice. That was the result of Finn being bad with relationships, not just the being dumped my FP, but how he was acting with PB. That part of Finns personality is gone. Get that out of your head. Finn has done nothing but move on from how he used to be. It's like you want him to start acting retarded with relationships.
>>
>>85091415
>Only account I can think of is Breezy
I can quote every single fucking instance of romance in the show with the exception of Rainicorn and Jake. All of it is horribly written
>Either you hate lesbians or Fubblegum being sunk really hurt your feelings
No, I just don't like it on general. I don't ship anything.
>>
>>85087741
Just because Finn still adores the idea of a romantic interest, does not mean it is going to unfold like Frost and Fire/Too Old/Earth and Water. Finn isn't like that anymore, and the only way it could happen is if you assume Finn is going to revert back to that self, despite already moving on and maturing. How can it happen again if he is passed that? Ockams Razor. Your is argument is very weak and unconvincing. You want for Finn to act like that. I am arguing not because I don't want Finn to act like so, but because your preposition is very unlikely, and I am pointing out why.
>>
>>85091681
Do you not understand what forced romance is? Just because you don't like the romance doesn't make it forced. The character's personality remains unchanged when going through this so how is it forced? With the exception of Breezy. You hate ships? Fine. The writers aren't pandering to anyone. It's their own decision shippers have no influence on the show.
>>
File: 1375736361359.jpg (6KB, 251x190px)
1375736361359.jpg
6KB, 251x190px
>>85075192
It went on for too long and they ran out of ideas. The creativity dried up.
>>
>>85091779
>ran out of ideas
Common assumption. How did they run out? They are always getting new writters for the show. The show still gets provided with fresh ideas.
>>
>>85089009
The reason why I am being vocal is to hope more people will begin watching it. I'm not going to let the discussion for this show die just because some faggot wants to keep shitting on the show for something that is old news.
>>
>>85091775
> so how is it forced
Let me rephrase, maybe "forced" wasn't the word for it. "Pointless" is better. The romance on pretty much any cartoon is bound to be below even soap opera standards if they try to make a big deal out of it. You could remove it and whatever that came to replace it to allow for similar character development would most likely be better, even more so since they often use it to set INCREDIBLY contrived plots in motion
>>
>>85091821
A blank sheet of paper allows for more creativity than a coloring book. There's much less leeway for new writers to incorporate their vision than when the world was fresh. There's just a point at which a story no longer has any purpose to keep going forward.
>>
>>85092075
This applies better for Finn than anyone else. Finn having love problems was pointless, and only pissed off many fans. What I like about Bonnie and Marcy is that they have yet to have any actual romance. The episodes we do see feature them becoming closer, from a love hate relationship, to hanging out together and going to dinner with eachother to meet Simon (who is pretty much her father figure). It isn't like Korra where out of no where lesbians. They have only gotten more close, and I have noticed some things that really persuade me to believe it would happen. I would share it, but you don't care for romance. PB and Marcy is anythig but forced. You don't need to worry about the romance with Finn, that doesn't happen, or rather isn't getting any attention. And if it is done it will be done well.
>>
>>85092279
I understand what you mean, but the shoe never had a point in the first place. Many characters created do not appear again even out of their own episodes. It's almost as if the only thing the writters share is the setting. What do you mean by "fresh." The ideas are fresh. I mentioned before that "charm" found in the early episodes is just nostalgia.
>>
seems like a classic case of this tbqhwy OP
>>
>>85091545
That episode was the writers being retarded and having Finn out of character. They could do something else like that easily.

>>85091682
How can it happen again if he is passed that?
Is he though?
>>
>>85093125
>Flute Spell
>episodes where Finn is out of character
pick one. Is he? Watch the episode, and Bun Bun. Both these episodes Finn isn't a socially awkward mess, so hypothising that in the future the same results occuring isn't far fetched. Not becaue it happened before, but because that is how Finn's character is. Characters change. Assuming that Finn will change again because of things in the past despite it already being overturned is very unlikely. The only thing you have that supports the notion that Finn will be a spaghetti mess is because he was before. Finns character isn't like that anymore. You would need to asume his character would change again. I'm not assuming anything on Finn just being normal; his personality is like that. There's no worries.
>>
>>85093654
I'm not arguing that I want another Fire and Ice, I'm just saying it could happen.

But yeah, Finn's personality is jumpy based on the writer/episode. In Stakes, he was a klutz. In those 2 like you mentioned, he wasn't. I don't know what the writers want us to believe he's like.
>>
>>85092279
pretty much. One extreme method is to remove all the main casts and replaces with minor characters. This is one possible to make the series fresh again, but the cost is great.
>>
>>85093125
I see you were referring to the triology of Finn being out of character. He wasn't out of character, Finn was always inexperienced with relationships. He takes all his advice from Jake. Finn was in character, how was he not? Are you implying Finn was good with relationships before? Watch the show. Finn had no experience with Pheoebe, Go With Me, Finn is a clueless mess, "Incendium" Finn is a mess. He got with FP by chance, not because he knew what he was doing. The only reason FP even fell for Finn in the first place was because Jake impersonated him and seronated her. "Burning Low," Finn is still questioning what to even do in a relationship. He progessively got better. But he was rushed by Jake to write the note to FP, he wasn't thinking straight. Cut the kid some slack. The only experience Finn had was being in a relationship, he did not know how to make one. Finn was trying to suitor PB, but he needed to realise she is not interested in him romantically. He is her hero, not a lover. Finn in that Breezy bs was beyond me. It was just as a bad episode, not an episode that made the rest of the series bad. We mentioned Finn's feelings and break up a couple of times, but it didn't contribute to the plot. Finn is competent now. The main thing that even caused the break up was because Finn was rushed. That or the fact that they chose to write it out; the Cosmic Owl destined for them to seperate. For that disaster to happen again the writers would need to write out a romantic relationship Finn had, and have him act like a retard with Princess Bubblegum. He latter is definately not going to happen, Finn currently sees PB as a friend from "Dont Look," where during that trilogy he saw her as another possible love interest.
>>
>>85094195
Forgot to mention Finn is far better at making relationships from "Flute Spell."
>>
File: 1401381435241.jpg (117KB, 392x500px)
1401381435241.jpg
117KB, 392x500px
>>85094195
I'm just going to say having Flame Princess and Ice King fight all the time was extremely out of character, even for Finn
>>
>>85093920
So what is the problem here? A tonal change or a plot change? You would be willing to remove all characters and make the show completely different to make it fresh again. Meanwhile people complain about change, and just as many complain about status quo. What you're doing is introducing an entire new cast. The show cares about conintuity, they are still not done with the characters we have. Finn's mother, more info on the mushroom war, more info on the humans, Ice King becoming sane again, Finn's grass sword that is now his arm, Finn Sword, Patience St. Pim, we are waiting for these things to be explained next season but yet you want to introduce more characters?
>>
>>85075753
>Implying sugar didn't have the best episodes.
>>
>>85094434
I miss Sucrose
>>
>>85094426
not really introducing new characters but change the perspectives entirely for once, like, the minor characters take the lead at some points.
>>
>>85094628
Nothing wrong with that, reoccuring or minor characters taking the lead doesn't happen very often. Other main characters taking the lead is not a problem. "I Remember You" Marceline and IK are the main characters and that episode was great. "Evergreen" was great and didn't feature any characters from the main cast. Well IK at the end but still. We don't need the main cast for a great episode. "Broke His Crown" was a good episode and didn't feature Finn and Jake.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 640x408px)
image.jpg
52KB, 640x408px
>>85087562
>implying anyone knows ships and canons better that a sailor
Thread posts: 408
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.