[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody Else Remember that Song that The Smashing Pumpkins Wrote

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xoda_ZlvPZM

Superhero soundtrack and music thread.
>>
I wish I didn't.
>>
>>85071015
didn't they all die
>>
File: texplainthejoke.jpg (130KB, 674x510px) Image search: [Google]
texplainthejoke.jpg
130KB, 674x510px
My joke kind of fell flat, but my intention was to do a bait-and-switch in which I lead people to think I'm posting that "The End is the Beginning is the End" song that was on the Batman & Robin soundtrack, but then actually post "For Martha," which was not written about Batman and was never on any Batman soundtrack, but is humourous to place in that context due to the plot of the most recent Batman movie.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59g5R8rwqpY

Send a heartbeat to
The void that cries through you
Relive the pictures that have come to pass
For now we stand alone
The world is lost and blown
And we are flesh and blood disintegrate
With no more to hate

Is it bright where you are
Have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour
I hold secrets flame
We can watch the world devoured in it's pain

Delivered from the blast
The last of a line of lasts
The pale princess of a palace cracked
And now the kingdom comes
Crashing down undone
And I am a master of a nothing place
Of recoil and grace

Time has stopped before us
The sky cannot ignore us
No one can separate us
For we are all that is left
The echo bounces off me
The shadow lost beside me
There's no more need to pretend
Cause now I can begin again

Literally perfect lyrics for Watchmen
>>
>>85073402
Even though it's sister song TEITBITE was written about Batman, I feel like parts of it describe Mr. Freeze. "Is it bright where you are? Have the people changed?" I feel like that could be Freeze talking to Nora, wondering if her frozen slumber is more peaceful than the harsh reality of Gotham. "For I am crystal chrome, and I am shatter dome" kind of evokes imagery of ice and glass. I don't think it was intentional (I doubt Billy Corgan watched "Heart of Ice," hell, he probably didn't even watch the movie they put the song on).

And then there are parts that pretty much perfectly describe Batman. "The sewers belch me up. The heavens spit me out." Just how Batman lives in that grey area between the bad guys and the good guys, being an outlaw vigilante. And of course, referencing how Batman was created from trauma through "from aethers tragic, I am born again."

Kind of cool how these lyrics are so open to interpretation that a song like TBITBITE can fit perfectly for a movie released decades after it. Of course the book was written first, but I don't think Corgan is a comics guy and probably didn't even know Watchmen was a thing until he got some letter from WB asking if they could pay him money to use his song.
>>
>>85072386
I love both songs so I'm just gonna zone out for a bit. Thanks, man.
>>
Had this stuck in my head all day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRGA_kUpLYI
>>
>>85072386
Eddie?
Is that you?
>>
>>85073402
I used to love this song when the film came out. Haven't listened to it in years.
>>
>>85072386
I got at first anon, it was a good joke.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.