[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it so hard for people to admit that the fights in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 35

Why is it so hard for people to admit that the fights in this show are shit?
>>
because nobody watches it for the fights
>>
>>85068263
why do you care so much you fucking child
>>
>>85068367
>>85068370

wew that was quick
>>
Name a currently airing cartoon in which the fights aren't shit.
>>
>>85068367
Because they're shit
>>
File: 1444276502652.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1444276502652.gif
2MB, 500x281px
I guess I'll post it here, too.
>>
File: 1459061785838.png (137KB, 328x440px)
1459061785838.png
137KB, 328x440px
>>85068263
Why have you been posting this thread every day for the past several days?
>>
>>85068263
Because autists defend the dumb things that they like because admitting any flaw or fault with the things they like would be akin to betraying their peers and identity.
>>
>>85068464
This is versus normal people who can appreciate things casually and recognize fault and flaws in the things that they like without taking it personally.
>>
File: 1447954225356.gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1447954225356.gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>85068263
>/co/ complaining about problems that don't exist.

What fight scenes?
>>
File: 1468070683407.png (175KB, 393x518px)
1468070683407.png
175KB, 393x518px
>>85068263
There's other problems too besides the fight scenes being rotoscoped or referenced too much.
>Pacing is shit
>Wasted opportunities to introduce hotter or cuter Gems by making interesting ones fusions and new independent gems dykes (Yellow Diamond, Bismuth).
>Too reliant on a Tumblr audience than focusing on an 8-17 audience
>"Lore" is baited and teased more than a Bojack season finale making half a bomb SoL episodes that are filler
>>
File: neck1.png (44KB, 208x203px) Image search: [Google]
neck1.png
44KB, 208x203px
I don't claim the fights on this show are glorious nor that you should watch it for the fight scenes.

Whoever started this "SU has good fight scenes" is missing the point of watching this show.
>>
They are, but I'm also not watching the show for the fights. Like, who is honestly?
>>
>>85068448
That looks great.

Now post the garbage that was the actual episode
>>
>>85068448
is that actually from the show? that looks p dope
>>
File: sufficient.jpg (54KB, 500x282px)
sufficient.jpg
54KB, 500x282px
>>85068263
I thought Jasper beating down those gem monsters today was pretty neat
>>
>>85068409
Everything else being shit at something is not an excuse for being shit at that same thing.
>>
>>85069196
I don't see that many threads about "Why are the fights in Star vs. the Forces of Evil so shit" though.
>>
>>85069255
So?
>>
>>85069255
Star Vs doesn't have as many fans. Star Vs. is comedy first, foremost, and only. Steven tries to be many genres at once so when it does one, IE: action, and flounders, it's easier to pick apart at it than the fights in something like Wander or Star VS.

The action sequences in Jackie Chan Adventures were good, for example, because they fucking should be because it's Jackie Chan. Imagine fucking that up? People would have bitched, too.
>>
>>85068263
I admit the fights are shit.
>>
>>85069038
If the show doesn't want to be criticizes for having piss poor fights it shouldn't have piss poor fights in the first place. They already hamfist Steven's morals as the solution in most plots, they may as well do it full force.

If your characters, IE: The Gems, are suppose to be good at fighting and all the fights suck, it's better to omit them than drag down the series by having bad ones.
>>
>>85069038
Then what is the point of the show? It tries to be a million things and then switches between them every episode, like if you're showing this show to your target audience what would they expect from it already, like what the show is established as?

Does it want to be an action show, a SoL, a drama or a show trying to establish its own Bible? If I can tell that WBB and Clarence can be established as SoLs that have different approaches on dealing with situations like a middle-class childhood or liberal and modern SanFran lifestyle, along with Gumball being an all-ages comedy like Animaniacs that have jokes for kids and adults, then why can't I tell what Steven Universe is trying to be?
>>
>>85068569
Where is that gif from?
>>
alright
Someone tell me everything wrong with the fights in SU
>>
>>85069412
>trying to be a million things.

It's honestly not. It's a small-town character-focused show about the everyday lives of a boy and his family. The space lesbian rock stuff is there obviously, but that's to give the show an identity. It's a lesson-of-the-day styled cartoon, nothing really crazy about that.
>>
>>85069443
Weightless
Flat camera angles
Static
Boring execution.

Amy never uses her shapeshifting powers in a fight creativity, for example. It'd be real easy for her to turn into a bird mid-jump so she can fly then into a boulder to pin down the enemy, but opts not to instead. Characters never do duo-attacks. Pearl will throw her spear... Garnet will rapid punch... All very boring, basic movements accompanied with flat angles with a static camera, very little movement, and when there is, it's weight and floaty movement that makes punches feel like they have no impact.

The Malachite fight was the closest they got to a cool fight. And even then, the quality fluctuates every time they cut back to the watermelon Stevens who throw rocks at a standing still Malachite.
>>
>>85069443
I think the main complaint is that they're really floaty and lack the impact and energy that a lot of really well animated action shows/films have. Comparing the fight scenes in SU to something like Sword of the Stranger (which has by far the best action sequences) is unreasonable, but SU could learn a thing or two from it in terms of choreographing strong fight scenes with weight.
>>
The better question is why is there two threads on this exact same shit?

You're more less going to get the same answer.

>No one watches it for the fight scenes.

Last I checked Danny Phantom's and Ben 10s fights can be kind of meh

But I like both of those shows for the same reasons as SU.

>Plot, character designs, concepts, etc.
>>
File: utena.gif (817KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
utena.gif
817KB, 540x304px
>>85069693
>Comparing the fight scenes in SU to something like Sword of the Stranger (which has by far the best action sequences) is unreasonable
It's not unreasonable considering the take huge influence from anime all the time to the point of lifting fights from it.
>>
>>85069443
>>85069691
As a fan of the show this is my only complaint. The fights are meh, though Ocean Gem was cool. It's not primarily an action show though
>>
>>85069326
>Star Vs doesn't have as many fans. Star Vs. is comedy first, foremost, and only.
I don't know man, The very title itself sets up her battle with the "forces of evil" in a way Steven Universe's doesn't. And yet every time she or Marco actually fight them, or anyone, it's that shitty stretchy digital art.

And so you've turned it around and compared Steven Universe's ambitions to that of Jackie Chan Adventures. Now why would you even expect a cartoon like Steven Universe to put as much emphasis on action scenes as a cartoon about JACKIE CHAN? That's the most false equivalency I've ever seen.
>>
>>85069412
>Then what is the point

Probably to tell a story, you know how most good cartoons do.

There are very few cartoons that large groups of people like solely just because every episode is a group of people beating the shit out of each other or preparing to beat the shit out of someone.
>>
>>85068263
because the kind of people who watch this don't watch good action animation and so don't know what good fight scene looks like.
>>
>>85069863
>The very title itself sets up her battle with the "forces of evil" in a way Steven Universe's doesn't.
You can argue the same thing with SU's theme song, though.
>>
>>85069863
>I don't know man, The very title itself sets up her battle with the "forces of evil" in a way Steven Universe's doesn't. And yet every time she or Marco actually fight them, or anyone, it's that shitty stretchy digital art.
And the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy wasn't very grim. What's your point?
>>
>>85069916
You mean the extended theme song? Because the one that airs before each episode only talks about "Saving the day".
>>
>>85069098
Fan shit.
>>
>>85069980
That Star Vs. promises more and delivers less.
>>
>>85069990
"Saving the day" is somehow dramatically different from "Vs. the forces of evil"?
>>
File: 1326330978350.gif (731KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1326330978350.gif
731KB, 640x360px
>>85070005
>That one really well animated fight between Ruby and Goten
>>
>>85069980
i thought billy and mandy was sufficiently grim
>>
Because they're just mediocre at worst, their badness isn't spectacular enough to whine about.
>>
>>85070051
Yeah, it is.
>>
>>85070025
How does it promise more? Just because it has "vs." in the title? She still fights them so I still don't get your point, the SU theme song has "we always save the day" in it which is no different than "vs. the Forces of Evil".
>>
>>85070117
>mediocre at best
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>85070179
>She still fights them so I still don't get your point
So you mean "Star Vs. is comedy first, foremost, and only." was flat out bullshit then.
>>
>>85070230
>What are comedy fights?
You can't be this retarded, Anon.
It's been a while since I watched the show but I'm pretty sure she used a mapel syrup laser in a fight at one point.
>>
>>85070230
It's not bullshit because, aside from the finale, which even then is MINIMUM, Star VS. never has dramatic moments of character outbursts and crying about how they never asked to be made or how they miss their war veteran lover.

It's always consistently a comedy, the entire way through, except for maybe a couple of moments where Star is sad, but it doesn't turn into a drama when she is, unlike SU.
>>
File: twogems.png (128KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
twogems.png
128KB, 500x498px
This was all I could think of when Jasper showed up
>>
>>85070288
>It's been a while since I watched the show but I'm pretty sure she used a mapel syrup laser in a fight at one point.
That's not funny though, that's just random. The fights aren't exciting or actually funny, so I don't see what the big special thing about SU's fights is.
>>
>>85070402
It's funny because it's silly, not because it's gut-busting hilarious. You're intentionally feigning ignorance and twisting words to try and justify SU's bad fights in the first place. This thread exists because of people like you.
>>
>>85070306
>Star VS. never has dramatic moments
They tried to when they hinted that the Mewni people massacred the monsters, but it kind of seemed like they chickened out.
>>
>>85070440
>It's funny because it's silly, not because it's gut-busting hilarious.
So what's the point then? It's not exciting, and it's not actually funny, so what is it that makes it better than SU?
>>
>>85070402
>That's not funny though, that's just random
It's still comedy.
> The fights aren't exciting or actually funny, so I don't see what the big special thing about SU's fights is.
Because almost all of Star vs.'s fight's have been for comedic purposes, whether or not they're actually funny is up to the viewer, Steven Universe's fights are mostly for drama and the climax of a story so it's not hard to see why people would expect more from them.
>>
>>85070485
>Because almost all of Star vs.'s fight's have been for comedic purposes, whether or not they're actually funny is up to the viewer, Steven Universe's fights are mostly for drama and the climax of a story so it's not hard to see why people would expect more from them.
The same could be turned around though. You would expect a "comedy fight" to actually be comedic, but often it just feels like padding, with noodle limbs and lazy digital animation.
>>
>>85070471
>>85070542
>>85070402
SU fans are fucking retarded.
>>
>>85070542
>You would expect a "comedy fight" to actually be comedic, but often it just feels like padding, with noodle limbs and lazy digital animation.
Different people find different things funny, so no, it can't be turned around.
>>
>>85070563
Not an argument.
>>
>>85070574
>Different people find different things funny, so no, it can't be turned around.
Yeah, I guess mentally stunted people find things like syrup lasers funny.
>>
>>85070590
Because it's pointless to argue with a retard.
>>
>>85068367
This
People watch it to be brainwashed that the world is somehow a fairly tail land

Afraid of being a single mom? Look at Vidalia you'll be fine!
Afraid of being homeless? Look at Greg he fucks a space goddess
etc.
>>
>>85070620
Star VS comedy is for children you literal faggot.
>>
>>85070620
>Yeah, I guess mentally stunted people find things like syrup lasers funny.
I guess so, personally I never cared for the show, at least you know why people treat Star fights and SU fights differently now.
>>
>>85070210
No I meant what I said.

That big fight in Watermelon Island was good.

Some guys call that one Pearl v Amethyst fight "weightless" but the only one who seems weightless is Pearl which is like, yeah, she's literally doing ballet as fighting, it's going to be less weighty.
>>
>>85070624
When you've gotten BTFO. yeah.

The best I've gotten is that Star Vs. fights don't have to be "good" because they're comedy fights, and not meant to be exciting, but they don't have to actually be "funny" ether, because well, it's more the IDEA of them being comedic, or else "They're funny because I find them funny".

It kind of sounds like the argument boils down to "It's bad, but I expect less of it."
>>
>>85070657
It's a waifu show for pedos.
>>
>>85070717
No, it sounds more like you think comedy is objective so you're failing to understand the argument.

Because you're a retard.
>>
>>85070676
>at least you know why people treat Star fights and SU fights differently now.
Because they're both mediocre in their own way, and there isn't a single western cartoon currently airing that has actual good fights?
>>
>>85070752
>No, it sounds more like you think comedy is objective so you're failing to understand the argument.
Why is comedy subjective, but the quality of a serious fight objective, tell me that.
>>
File: Star-Wars-Light-Saber-Fight.jpg (33KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-Light-Saber-Fight.jpg
33KB, 660x371px
>>85068263
You are porbably a retard who thinks sword laser fights are better in the prequels.
Even if the choreography isn't perfect, every blow carry an emotional weight.

If you can't understand something this simple you have the attention spawn of a 9 years old.
>>
>>85068263
Not like most people would say otherwise. It's not focused on fighting. The fights don't need to be good.
>>
>>85069038
SU has good fights scene, ignore trolls.
>>
>>85070688
>That big fight in Watermelon Island was good
Not really, it wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. Mediocre at best.
>Some guys call that one Pearl v Amethyst fight "weightless" but the only one who seems weightless is Pearl which is like, yeah, she's literally doing ballet as fighting, it's going to be less weighty.
But at the same time she kicks Amethyst away like she's also a ballerina. Also there wasn't much to that fight, it ends just as fast as it started
>>
>>85070782
Because Star vs. has silly fights and Steven Universe has fights where you're supposed to care about the outcome.
>>
>>85070812
Because visual impact tends to be consistent through each viewer whereas "what is funny" cannot be described. Scene composition is also objective, because a shot needs to be able to read.

You honestly seem like you're too young to understand the basic concept of "humor is objective" so continue flaunting your retarded points because I'm sure when you try and argue with people in real life like this, you'll realize how much of an idiot you are when they all laugh in your face.
>>
>>85070928
>Steven Universe has fights where you're supposed to care about the outcome.
And the fans do care, because of the CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT rather than the fight choreography.
>>
>>85068263

Why do you care?
>>
>>85071003
I don't think a single person was on edge during Jasper and Garnet's fight. The emotional moment was Ruby and Sapphire, Jasper's fight was a backdrop to Garnet's song, that's how little the SU crew gives a shit about good fights. It is below back-up dancer in their eyes.
>>
>>85070955
>Because visual impact tends to be consistent through each viewer
Obviously not, because some people think that this show has good fight scenes in this very thread, and some don't. Yes, humor is subjective. Art is subjective. This thread started because some fag thought he might start a thread trying to get people to "admit" that his subjective opinion is right.
>>
>>85071003
Fight choreography is equally important, a good tense fight has you guessing who's gonna actually win even if you know "the good guys always win". In SU fights it's painfully obvious who wins and when it isn't it's because there is no winner.
>>
>>85071034

So what? You obviously don't like the show, so why do you care?
>>
>>85071090
>a good tense fight has you guessing who's gonna actually win
And a good comedy fight has good comedic timing and actually unexpected, comedic moves, and Star Vs. doesn't. But it's apparently okay for that show because comedy being subjective apparently glosses over all flaws. Even though no cartoon around right now has good fight scenes, and even though SU fight scenes aren't even the focus of the show, it's singled out for a specific thread about it's fight scenes not being as good as some undetermined benchmark.
>>
File: 1467592587891.jpg (53KB, 498x568px)
1467592587891.jpg
53KB, 498x568px
I'm not trying to defend the show's fight scenes (They're shit) but wouldn't it cost a ton of money to do a decent fight scene, at least for them?

Teen Titans had cool fight scenes when it aired, but they had the VAs do multiple characters to save money towards animation
>>
>>85071251
>and actually unexpected, comedic moves and Star Vs. doesn't
I gave you an example of that and you just called it random.
> But it's apparently okay for that show because comedy being subjective apparently glosses over all flaws
Subjectivity does that.
> Even though no cartoon around right now has good fight scenes,
Not an excuse.
>and even though SU fight scenes aren't even the focus of the show, it's singled out for a specific thread about it's fight scenes not being as good as some undetermined benchmark.
Don't have serious fights if can't make them good, that's how it works. Give attacks weigh to them, these are rock aliens kicking the shit out of each other, not fourth graders shoving each other on the play ground.
>>
File: quwzYBN.gif (793KB, 720x306px) Image search: [Google]
quwzYBN.gif
793KB, 720x306px
>>85070834

Why is it so hard for people to admit that the fights in the original trilogy are shit?
>>
>>85071298
Not to mention that most of the animation is done by cheap sweatshop Koreans, and the inhouse staff at CN only has a few genuine animators, and even then their work can be pretty subpar. Pic related.
>>
>>85071532
That scene is nice, especially the parry with the shield.
>>
File: 1469905705766.jpg (16KB, 218x290px) Image search: [Google]
1469905705766.jpg
16KB, 218x290px
>>85070834
> every blow carry an emotional weight.
That doesn't excuse their inability to create fight scenes that are inventive and visually appealing. Given the show focuses more on drama and character development, the whole fighting aspect is underplayed considering the entire plot is based around a war. The weightless combat removes a lot of that ferocity that the gems describe when they refer to the gem wars. This doesn't completely devalue your statement since there are some well-choreographed fights; they just lack the energy that a lot of well animated action sequences have.
>>
Steven universe is not tumblr:the show it is Mediocre:the show
>always on hiatus
>development of useless characters
>could've had a cool and orininal art-style
>ended up with generic shitty style
>average music considering how important it seemed to be on the pilot
>lame battle scenes
>forced drama
>unneeded diversity and lgbt advertising

don't get me wrong with that last one I think that it's important to reflect that kind of social messages if you believe in them they may even think they have the responsibility of doing it but we don't need it on every single episode specially on fucking kid's cartoons however maybe other shows like clarence, TLH and even WBB are doing this stuff better than SU at least it isn't annoying.

It had the potential of being a really awesome show same with shit like bee and puppy cat I don't know what producers think.
>>
File: 1465681079483.png (2MB, 7874x2975px) Image search: [Google]
1465681079483.png
2MB, 7874x2975px
>>85068409
>tfw even Loud House has better fights than Steven Universe, on top of better comedy, better character design, better voice acting, better morals, so on
>>
>>85071448
>Subjectivity does that.
And you can find many people in this thread that hold the subjective opinion that SU has good fight choreography. I don't, but I don't care. I don't watch it for the fights. I also don't think Star Vs. is "Funny" or that it's comedic fights work as well for humor as SU's dramatic fights do for drama, or even SU's comedic fight moments for comedy, like the Watermelon fight.

My point is that any example someone can point to as a "good" fight scene, in the way people are mostly talking about, as in, you can tell that lots of money went into the fight choreography, so that the animation has "weight" and is smooth and fluid, hasn't been seen in years, and for the most part, isn't even attempted. Yet people single out a show that has fight scenes that are not the focus of the show, and take a back seat to character drama, and are only there when it is important for character drama, and say "Why aren't they as good as these action shows?" Why even expect that?
>>
>>85071788
Examples?
>>
>>85071640
>That doesn't excuse their inability to create fight scenes that are inventive and visually appealing
But that's not true, creating a thread evry day about how it will not make it real.

The fights are actually nice.
>>
>>85071804
>
Comedy is far more subjective than fight choreography. Someone who claims to not like lazy comedy probably laughs at a cheap simple gag every now and then. When someone says they don't like a certain type of fight they most likely mean it and don't change their mind.

>
A dramatic fight SHOULD look good even if fights aren't the focus of the show as a whole. When you decide that your drama should have fights in it you make them look good or get them over with as soon as possible. If you decide to do neither than don't be surprised when people shit on those fights.
>>
>>85071640
>That doesn't excuse their inability to create fight scenes that are inventive and visually appealing.
Well I disagree with you there. They may not seem high budget, but there the color palette is nice even in the fight scenes, and there's creativity in the Gem's moves too.
>>
>>85072047
>A dramatic fight SHOULD look good even if fights aren't the focus of the show as a whole.
But comedy shouldn't? I'm not sure where you get this idea.
>>
>>85072047
Your entire argument rests on the tenuous position that some elements of art are subjective, and some are not. You've done nothing at all to prove this, or justify why you think it.
>>
>>85072130
>But comedy shouldn't? I'm not sure where you get this idea.
A bad looking comedic fight can be forgiven if you laugh, a bad looking dramatic fight has nothing to take your mind off it looking bad.

Why is this so hard to get?
>>
File: vlcsnap-00193.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px)
vlcsnap-00193.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
>>85068448
That's the problem, the show has all the elements for occasional, but awesome fights

Beings that:
>Can summon cool individual weapons
>Jump Good
>Hit Hard
>Change body composition
>Fuse to make Gogetas
>Other cool powers we haven't even seen yet.

But we get so little. Steven actually manned up and fought early in the show, but none hasn't done much recently, since the hospital episode i think.

>But Steven and Connie are breaking barriers with the guy being the shield and the girl being the sword, isn't it so progre-

Yea no, fuck you. Give me an episode where Steven fights a gem or whatever solo dolo, throws his shield for a cool bounce, summons a new one, then jumps in the air and uses his shield and body weight to poof the gem by crushing it. I think he's thrown it once or twice but I just wish he would take a more aggressive role in fights.

Also, when are the Gems actually gonna TRAIN steven in combat, or increasing the amount of times he can summon his shield? I know he's not suppose to being the traditional boy hero and all and has been surviving an even contributing in fights but still. He strong as fuck and could be using his fists and well as his shield. You think with this coming Homeworld business they'd realize Steven's gonna be involved like it or not.
>>
>>85072211
>a bad looking dramatic fight has nothing to take your mind off it looking bad.
Sure it does: what that fight means for the characters involved. SU accomplishes that with character development outside the fights.

>Why is this so hard to get?
Because I fundamentally disagree with you about the nature of "comedy" vs "Serious" fights. In some fights, it is just combat porn, essentially. The point is to dazzle you with fight choreography. The fights in Steven Universe are there for purposes of character interaction, growth, and conflict. You've put both of those things into the category of "serious fights", and are trying to make the point that if a fight is not comedic, it must by default be about the moves looking impressive, and if not, there's no point. And that's just simply not true. And I'm trying to figure out where you got this idea.
>>
>>85072208
Comedy is taken less seriously than drama.
That's it. That's really fucking it.

You're not meant to be invested in fights in most comedy shows, you're waiting for the next gag, in a drama show the fights should be dramatic, and good choreography is a part of what keeps you feeling tense. Just take a look at >>85071493, it's meant to be dramatic but the shit choreography really takes away from it all.
>>
File: 62270.jpg (16KB, 360x240px)
62270.jpg
16KB, 360x240px
>>85068263
its really hard for any fans to admit any faults with this show
or even see why anyone would dislike this show unless they're just a horrible person
>>
>>85072433
>Comedy is taken less seriously than drama.
And the drama works, even if the fights aren't visually spectacular.
>>
>>85072457
>its really hard for any fans to admit any faults with this show
No it isn't. Multiple fans have admitted in this very thread that the fights aren't anything special in terms of their choreography. You want them to admit "It's bad". Well we don't think so.
>>
>>85068263
The fights are bad
>>
>>85072426
>Sure it does: what that fight means for the characters involved
But SU fights rarely change things for a character, the change happens before or after the fight.
>The fights in Steven Universe are there for purposes of character interaction, growth, and conflict
No they aren't, they're there to move the plot along, hardly anything really comes of these fights. Most of the interaction growth and conflict happen outside of fights.
> You've put both of those things into the category of "serious fights", and are trying to make the point that if a fight is not comedic, it must by default be about the moves looking impressive, and if not, there's no point. And that's just simply not true. And I'm trying to figure out where you got this idea.
Because you can have all the things you mentioned without fighting, even in the show Pearl makes a point of saying "humans like to make an enemy they can fight" even though the Crystal Gems spend a lot of their time fight, there's so much fucking fighting for dramatic purposes that'd you'd think they'd look nicer but they don't. They have pointless bad looking fights and I don't understand why.
>>
File: garnet3.jpg (46KB, 452x750px)
garnet3.jpg
46KB, 452x750px
>Y R THE FIGHTS SO SHIT HURHURHUR FUCKING SOL SHIT

ok you know, i admit it, the show is way more focused on drama than fighting, hence why the few fight scenes are shit

>Y THE FUK DOES THIS SOL SHIT DOESN'T HAVE GOOD FIGHTS SHIIET
>>
>>85068263

I love the show
The fight is shit

Screencap this op, print it and glue it next to your bed, then you won't need to create more threads in the future
>>
>>85072733
>hardly anything really comes of these fights.
That's not even true. The current status quo with Peridot being with the Crystal Gems, Lapis being with the Crytal Gems later, and Jasper being separated from Lapis, and on her own happened because of a fight. Even Lapis fusing with Jasper happened because of the "Stronger Than You" fight, and now that has led to Jasper being obsessed with Lapis and the power she had with her, and possibly to the newest development with her gathering corrupted gems. I'm getting a strong sense you haven't really watched the show.
>>
>>85072857
gotta love this show a drama potrayed as an action adventure that can't even do drama well
>>
>>85072882
/thread
That's all, thread's over folks, we've had fun, but there's really nothing more that needs to be said.
>>
>>85072941
>That's not even true. The current status quo with Peridot being with the Crystal Gems
That's not the because of a fight though, that's because Peridot had no other choice.
>Even Lapis fusing with Jasper happened because of the "Stronger Than You" fight
Lapis did that because she's an idiot, she had no reason to do that and did it of her own free will, she has no idea how that "Stronger Than You" fight went so to say she fused because of it is dumb.
>and now that has led to Jasper being obsessed with Lapis
That's also not because of a fight, that's because they spent X amount of time fused in the ocean because of Lapis making a dumb decision.

>I'm getting a strong sense you haven't really watched the show.
I have watched it and I get the feeling you're saying this just so you can dismiss what I say.
>>
File: Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg (13KB, 290x180px) Image search: [Google]
Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg
13KB, 290x180px
>>85072986
See what happens? You concede them the fights are bad and next they'll say drama is shit too.

They just don't like the show, ignore them.
>>
the fights are alright, i like the sounds garnet's gauntlets make when she does stuff.
>>
>>85072589
>Proving his point: the post.
>>
>>85073134
but drama and fight are shit the only good thing that they have is an actual interesting world, they should focus more on the iore.
>>
SU's fight scenes are serviceable
>>
>>85070625
>People watch it to be brainwashed that the world is somehow a fairly tail land
Nigga what, are you new to the concept of fiction or something?

>Afraid of being a single mom? Look at Vidalia you'll be fine!
She did struggle, but ended up pulling her shit together enough to get a job, and eventually remarried. That's not really an unrealistic or even uncommon story.

>Afraid of being homeless? Look at Greg he fucks a space goddess
He owns a small business and stays in his van by choice.
>>
>>85073124
>I have watched it and I get the feeling you're saying this just so you can dismiss what I say.
I'm saying it because you said something that's demonstrably wrong about the show, and I thought that you might just be making things up. Now I see that you're just an idiot, because you're naming things that happened in the show, but failing to see that the result had to do with the outcome of a fight.
>that's because Peridot had no other choice.
because she lost a fight
>Lapis did that because she's an idiot, she had no reason to do that and did it of her own free will
And was only able to do that because a fight brought down the gem ship
>that's because they spent X amount of time fused in the ocean
Because of the results of the stronger than you fight. Even Lapis being irrational is because she spent thousands of years inside a mirror, because of the results of a fight.
>>
>>85073206
I admit the fights aren't very good. What now, faggot?
>>
>>85073214
>wanting more lore
Just go watch The Loud House or Star VS, this show is clearly not for you.
>>
File: pearldoessomethinguseful.png (155KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pearldoessomethinguseful.png
155KB, 600x450px
So out of almost 100 episodes, there has been like what, 10-15 that featured a MAJOR fight (no i'm not counting shit like frybo or sadie and lars running from a monster for 20 seconds as fights"

tell me if i miss any, soooo giant woman, ocean gem, on the run, the return/jailbreak, sworn to the sword (if you count hologram pearl as a fight) The answer, nightmare hospital, and super watermelon island

I dont even know why people make fighting a big deal in SU, heck i started watching the show because i saw the Stronger than you video, which many people think has the best fight scene in the whole show, and it only took me like 30 episodes to know that this show is not fucking DBZ, but who knows, maybe in season 4 or 5 when there's no time left for filler episodes they'll animate something good
>>
>>85073134
>See what happens? You concede them the fights are bad and next they'll say drama is shit too.
This. They don't want you to admit a flaw, >>85072589
They want you to agree with them about everything they personally dislike about the show.
>>
>>85073381
So what kind of people should watch SU??
>>
>>85073457
waifufags
>>
>>85068263
>why is it so hard for people to admit that this show is shit.

Fixed that for you OP.
>>
>>85073457
the LGBT community
>>
>>85073381
>Star vs

maan am i missing something? people hyped SU and i liked it, people hyped GF and i liked it, people are now hyping StarVs and i just think it's a fun but very weak show as far as "muh plot" goes, the characters and the jokes are weak but they are getting a little bit better in season 2, just kinda sad i didn't catch the magic
>>
>>85073457
children and autistics.
>>
>>85073325
>And was only able to do that because a fight brought down the gem ship
The fight was not a direct cause of the fusion though, it was stupidity. There was no reason the Crystal Gems couldn't have wrecked Jasper right then and there instead of just standing there.
>Because of the results of the stronger than you fight.
No because Lapis and the Crystal Gems were idiots for artificial conflict.
>Even Lapis being irrational is because she spent thousands of years inside a mirror because of the results of a fight.
From what we see it was because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, we don't even know who won that battle, since she was poofed by a CG but picked up by Homeworld.
>>
>>85073562
>>85073607
>>85073639
ok this show is clearly not me
>>
>>85073633
>just kinda sad i didn't catch the magic
Good, that' means you're not a pedo-shipper concerned with the relationship of two fictional animated children. Those are the people who get the "magic" of Star Vs.
>>
>>85073457
People with shit taste.
>>
File: 0ce.png (216KB, 351x329px) Image search: [Google]
0ce.png
216KB, 351x329px
>>85069693
>Comparing the fight scenes in SU to something like Sword of the Stranger
Stopped reading right there. Sword of the stranger had a terribly huge budget so they had a lot of Choreographers working with Bones.
>>
>>85068367
/thread
>>
>>85073778
>This is your average SU apologist
>>
>>85073685
every single /co/ user is a waifufag or a pedo-shipper of fictional animated children otherwise we would be watching an actual deep and interesting live action show.
>>
they arent
>>
I'm surprised the best thing people give this show is the backgrounds and music when other shows still do that WAY better than they do. Like they're not even praising it as good, just "not as shit as the rest of the show"
>>
>>85073778
>SotS had actual talent who were actually good at what they do, that's not fair
>>
>>85073842
Nah, SU fans are hot for space rocks. Maybe that's why SU is the odd one out here, because Gravityfags, Starfags, and Loudfags are all sexually attracted to children, and a different kind of waifufag makes them feel threatened.
>>
>>85073937
>>85073778
this why would you even study animation if you can't make a decent fight scene of your own i mean even fucking fan artist do better shit
>>
File: 1460210915753.png (117KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1460210915753.png
117KB, 650x650px
>>85073817
>>85073937
>>SotS had actual talent who were actually good at what they do, that's not fair
YES! When you have a huge budget, you can hire people of talent to draw out your scenes and have some well known martial artist Choreograph your scenes. Thats what Disney did.

SU has a medium(1,000,000$) budget for action scenes but, when they need to have some good ones they hire more people of talent. I hate this "WHY DOESN'T MY TV SHOW HAVE THE SAME DETAIL AS MOVIES" arguement. you just can't compare that shit.
>>
>>85074003
thank goodness i guess i'm not apedo i was just lusting for 400+ year old vampires
>>
File: Faggot.jpg (49KB, 600x409px)
Faggot.jpg
49KB, 600x409px
>>85073842
>SU
>Deep and interesting.

Ha, no.
>>
>>85073457
Total honesty here? Fat fetishists. Thick thigh lovers. Buff chick fans. People that are fans of skinny girls. Lesbians. It's all about waifuing, let's not pretend any different.
>>
>>85074112
I wasn't implying that you dumb blind faggot
>>
>>85074084
Okay, okay. They don't have access to the best animators.

Then why are their fight scenes so shit despite a medium budget, son?
>>
>>85074112
>reading comprehension.
>>
File: chell.jpg (21KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
chell.jpg
21KB, 720x480px
>>85074168
Medium budget isnt much to work with when you're doing fight scenes and such. You use half of your budget hiring all the animators to do your fight scene. The other half goes to the choreographer and you pretty much ran out at that point. Thats why most animation projects have Kickstarters in Japan.
>>
File: 1469923586479.gif (751KB, 298x267px) Image search: [Google]
1469923586479.gif
751KB, 298x267px
>Tfw this show teaches you how to fight instead
>>
>>85074303
Look Mr Reaction image for every exasperated response man, the amount of fucks you give about your shitty rock soap opera is always going to exceed the number of fucks I give which also exceeds the number of good fight scenes in its entirety. Enjoy a month solid of new episodes. Maybe then something'll actually happen.
>>
File: fish.jpg (9KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
fish.jpg
9KB, 200x146px
>>85073778
You do realize that I said it was unreasonable to make a comparison between the two, but you're such a silly little sperg that you refused to read the entirety of something you didn't agree with; the intent of my post was to show that SU could have easily upped the strength of its action scenes by taking some of the key elements that made Sword of the Stranger's action scenes so beautiful.
>>
>>85073778
You could've avoid embarrassing yourself if you'd read the whole thing faggot
>>
>>85074303
>>85074084
>>85073778
they could at least try to be creative, at least considering how hiatuses they take, eva did their last two episodes with zero money
>>
>>85071841
The waifus are hot.
>>
>>85075083
Well >>85074003
Here we go again.
>>
>>85073778
Noone was credited for fight choreography in Sword of the Stranger. It's all down to director Masahiro Ando for having a good eye for action.
>>
What did we learn from this thread?
>>
File: lapis vs amythyst.gif (2MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
lapis vs amythyst.gif
2MB, 430x242px
>>
>>85077218
TLH Fags are salty beyatches.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1435x798px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1435x798px
>>85074003
Too bad SU waifus are shit you SUfag
>>
Iunno, because the fights exist merely to serve the plot, not the other way around
they aren't a spectacle to be witnessed because the show isn't a shonen and was never advertised as such

who was even arguing over the fights?
>>
>>85077218
People who hate SU tend to be on the other end of the horseshoe-shaped spectrum as pedophiles.
>>
>>85070005
>fan 'shit'
I watch SU pretty religiously but you have to admit that OP is right for once. He's still a faggot though.

That fan animation shits all over what's actually being released.
>>
>>85068263
The lapis clones fight and the Jasper vs Garnet fight was pretty good. Everything else is kind of shit.
>>
>>85073842
Animation is infinitely superior to live action in its potential. If my only choice for good western animation are kids shows. Then so be it.
>>
>>85078072
>It has potential
>So I'm gonna eat shit because it COULD be better than it is
>>
>>85078233
I said GOOD kid shows. Just because the target demographic is kids doesn't mean its automatically awful. It's just not quite what the medium could be.
>>
This show is shit because it is not MLP. Anything that is not MLP is pure shit you heretic
>>
>>85068409
poni
>>
>>85068367
everyone watches it for the bad taste for waifu
>>
>>85069805
SU doesn't lift from Sword of the Stranger, though. It lifts from a bunch of anime popular in the late eighties and early nineties, where the fight scenes were sparse and rarely that amazing.

If you think Utena or Sailor Moon had anything as slick as the SotS fights you're in denial.

I don't think anyone really believes the fights themselves in SU are great. They're not. But what the show excels at is using soundtrack, character work, atmosphere, etc to make you give a shit and get hyped anyway.
>>
>>85078313
>But what the show excels at is using soundtrack, character work, atmosphere,
Too bad those shit as well.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC4BZtFgtCuHUt0p8J-XENiA
>>
Why does it suddenly become tumblr every time someone gets critical of Steven Universe? It feels like a room full of bull dyke lesbians and beta nu-males desperately defending a cartoon.
>>
>>85078606
>I have never watched Steven Universe: The Post
>>
File: 1466389063573.jpg (194KB, 1280x720px)
1466389063573.jpg
194KB, 1280x720px
>>85078606
Hoo boy!
>>
>>85079072
That's actually a good thing, sadly I did watch 4 episodes of it, and the actually only good episode is Uncle Grandpa crossover, and I don't even like that shit.
>>
File: 1462384240689.jpg (98KB, 504x470px) Image search: [Google]
1462384240689.jpg
98KB, 504x470px
>>85080257
>4 random episodes of a show with continuity
>>
>>85068263
>Why is it so hard for people to admit that this show is shit?

ftfy op
>>
>>85080293
Not him but that's one unfortunate fault of Steven universe, you can't just jump into a most episodes randomly and get anything out of them.
>>
This entire show has been shit recently, the only good episode has been babysitter Greg
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.