[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are in charge of making a Thor game. What is it like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

File: 5142505-5856923334-latest.jpg (518KB, 1672x1048px) Image search: [Google]
5142505-5856923334-latest.jpg
518KB, 1672x1048px
You are in charge of making a Thor game. What is it like and what is the plot?
>>
>>85052773
Open world, fucking shit up around the seven realms.
>>
>>85052773
God of war 4
>>
>>85052773
God Butcher Storyline. Take control of either of the Thors. All it matters is that you take on Gorr at the end with two Mjolnirs in an epic beatdown.
>>
>Thor game.
How would you do that?
Isn't Thor cosmic or close enough to it?
>>
>>85052894
This
>>
>>85052773

Play as Jane, a strong woman with cancer, in her quest to destroy the Patriarchy and the evil oppression of the tyrant Odin.
>>
>>85052812
Doesn't that involve you switching weapons? How would that work with Mjolnir?

>>85052923
>Isn't Thor cosmic

No, the MCU just fucked that part of the story up. He's part of Marvel mystic.
>>
File: GodofThunder.jpg (158KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
GodofThunder.jpg
158KB, 900x1366px
>>85052894
Also it plays like Ashura's Wrath. (forgot pic)
>>
>>85052961
>No, the MCU just fucked that part of the story up. He's part of Marvel mystic.
I thought he had his fingers in both?

I know that Kirby had a lot of sci-fi shit crossing into the magic stuff.

The main issue with the MCU is that it only leans on the sci-fi side.
>>
>>85053022
All of Marvel has their fingers in each other, that's just the nature of a shared universe. But the primary focus on Thor was the mystic side.
>>
It's Hulk Ultimate Destruction with Thor and frost giants in the place of hulkbusters.
>>
Thor is too powerful of a character to make for an entertaining game lead. He flies super fast with Mjolnir, can knock over buildings with his bare hands, and has ranged attacks with lightning. These are his basic traits, and having him feel even the slightest bit of pressure from anybody but an end-game boss would feel like bullshit. It would be the same thing with a Superman game.
>>
>>85053010
Ooh, you almost had it.
>>
>>85052773
Do you mean Jane Foster (the real Thor) or Odinson?
>>
>>85053390
I would have said Whor if I meant her.
>>
>>85052773
Otome game with Jane as the player character.
>>
>>85053390
>Jane Foster (the real Thor)

Definitely this one. The other Thor is just another generic white guy. UGH, fucking disgusting and boring.
>>
The fucking ragnarok
>>
>>85053496
I want to kiss Loki!!
>>
Old school mindless beat-em up.
>>
First of all, make it sorta like Dynasty Warriors, lots of enemies that you can destroy with one swoosh of your hammer
after that, there's the setting: would it be set on many stages across the nine realms or maybe just a city on earth that the frost giants/dark elves/fire demons/whatever-the-hell are invading?
Bosses of course would be difficult and gimmicky
I don't know enough about Thor to come up with a better plot than 'Loki is tricking everyone into stuff! Midgard Serpent is involved!' though
>>
>>85053059
Mystic is basically a part of Cosmic though. Cosmic doesn't always mean lasers and spaceships. Thor and Asgard are absolutely Cosmic given how they tend to interact with the rest of the Marvel universe.
>>
>>85053451
Wow, I was just joking but you took it to a really disgusting place really quickly, good job
>>
Super Odinson Bros.
>>
Adventure/puzzle game where you try to figure out what Loki is up to and how to stop him, with some token battle and flight sequences so the player gets to feel awesome.
>>
>>85053593
By that logic Spider-Man is mystic based on how he interacts with the universe.
>>
visual kinetic novel chronicling the struggles and discrimination that heimdall overcomes to get a job in asgard
>>
>>85052773
a platinum-style character action game with a couple of caveats/features

firstly a flight mechanic, hurling mjolnir and holding mjolnir for direct flight in the direction flung, with a hover

muso-style warriors sections where instead of fighting small numbers of enemies skillfully, just smashing through giant hordes of creatures

gigantic bosses, with some that require care like shadow of the colossus but some giant creatures you can just send flying

ALTERNATIVELY - an avengers class based FPS, with a multiverse plot so you can have multiples of the same hero on each team, with GIGANTIC maps to take advantage of the characters mobility
>>
>>85053628

>Not calling Whor Whor

What? You live under rock or something?
>>
Sandbox of the 9 realms, but instead of "fetch me this ring from this dungeon" would be more "stop this war", "help agains this siege",destroy this giant, and so on, and you gain worshipers as the god of thunder in each realm,giving you different perks.
>>
Darksiders: 9 Realms edition

Also includes actual norse artefacts as equipment like the belt of giants etc.
>>
File: odin_sphere_leifthrasir.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
odin_sphere_leifthrasir.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
2D beat-'em-up RPG.
>>
Like Cook, Serve, Delicious, but Thor keeps ordering coffee and smashing things, and nearly every day some cape bastards and villains wreck the place
>>
>>85053157

Then make it a boss fight game with mobs of enemies along the way
>>
>>85053577
Make it so that even if an individual enemy isn't that threatening, they have a trick or two that can fuck you over if you're not careful. Add in a couple of midcard enemies and minibosses that provide a challenge. To give him the full range of his abilities give them a trade off like windup times and cooldowns. Keep flight mostly to a utility power for rapidly moving around the battlefield with a ground pound.
>>
>>85053157

>Too powerful

Sounds like the words of a pussy, unimaginative and lazy developers unwilling to take all that power into action. It would feel amazing to punch a planet into oblivion.
>>
>>85053942
Asura's Wrath is kind of similar in the regard that you're playing as an unstoppable planet punching god.
>>
>>85054060

And it was fun until you learned you had to buy the fucking ending. Fuck Capcom.
>>
File: maxresdefault (13).jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (13).jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>85052812
You mean Don't Talk to Me and My Wife's Son Again of War.
>>
>>85053702
Thor is rooted in Cosmic. Cosmic includes gods, abstracts, and other worlds.
>>
>>85053824
Wayforward already made that game on DS
>>
>>85053824
I really need to finish that game.

>>85053791
Go for the basic quest types, but hold it together with strong storytelling and have Loki as you companion riffing on everyone and everything.
>>
>>85052773
Magic Space Vikings, traveling the Nine Realms. The first part has him on Earth three thousand years ago forming the basis of the Nose faith, the second part is open world wandering but with timed Odinsleep attacks so he has to be able to get back to Asgard, the third part is helping form the Avengers and being a superhero on Earth, which is affected by how you chose to act in the past, the fourth part is the Tenth Realm and Angela, and the last part is Gor.
>>
>>85053911
That's effective for street level fighters. Musou games are shit when it's someone that can literally obliterate a country in one moment by unleashing their full power. It's like pegging down their powers and destroys their consistency. Only a dumbshit like >>85053942 would think it's good.
>>
Fire Emblem with Thor and co.
>>
>>85054155
So is he after the Norse Gods now?
>>
>>85054382
Who knows, maybe they'll fuck him over somewhere in 1st chapter.

But yes, it's clearly set somewhere in the North.
>>
>>85052773
>male thor

ugh, could you just, like.......NOT???
>>
>>85054259

>Pussy, unimaginative and lazy developer was triggered.

Bitch.
>>
>>85054595

Hey! Did you saw the last episode of Steven Universe?!
>>
>>85054382
Yes. But they're aiming for a change in tone, so it might not be a a genocide of the gods this time.
>>
>>85054627
Yes, why?
>>
>>85053509
>>85053628
(You)
>>
>>85054659

OMG! Wasn't it great how powerful Lapiz is! Greg was like, totally useless!

I love that show because is feminists, pro trans, non binary genedered space lesbian rocks!

I love it! Whor... I mean. Jane would fit in there greatly!
>>
>>85053577
>Dynasty Warriors
I came here to post this.
Any time you've got a powerful character, you can't really go wrong with this style. The only issue I see is Thor's ability to fly. Maybe it'd create two different forms of combat, like a stance change or something.
>>
>>85054060
Asura's Wrath, while fun, leaned heavily on the interactive narrative side of things. I think it's a lot more challenging/fun to think up an actual game.
>>
>>85053157
>>85054259
You say that like Thor's enemies and the environments he encounters aren't perfectly attuned to his power. You can make a game where he's able to fight hordes of enemies that are creatures from any of the 9 Realms, not just human baddies in NYC.
>>
Like Bastion with flight and without the fixed perspective.

Shit'd be cash.
>>
>>85054735
That's not the latest episode of Steven Universe.
>>
Zone of the Enders combat system. Open world. Hammers.
>>
File: ThorHasPowerWithOutHammer.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
ThorHasPowerWithOutHammer.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
Platinum style game with a decent flight mechanic
Boss fights are gigantic and cinematic
Occasional QTEs to pull off shit you couldn't otherwise do in game
Mjolnir upgrade system Mjonirs power is weakened at the start of the game and recovers power as you progress
Thor upgrade system same reason as above
Opening sequence at full power
Unlockable costumes include Beta Ray Bill, Ultimate Thor, Young Thor, King Thor, Thunderstrike, Various Thor costumes, and Whor
>>
>>85054155
more like The last of Us featuring Kratos from the god of war series
>>
>>85053010
>play like Ashura's Wrath
so a movie with QTEs sprinkled over?
>>
File: 1467330107292.png (360KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1467330107292.png
360KB, 500x500px
>>85055958
NG+ Plus With Beta Ray Bill, Hard Mode.
>>
>>85052773
Some asshat named issei in hell gets a copy of your hammer. Rapage through hell looking for him as you open-world reck shit up.
>>
>>85055958
you get a bloody palace equivalent in Valhalla that lets you play against villain that didn't necessarily fit in the story but that are important to Thor's history. And the end you fight an evil version of Rune Thor or the ultimate shapeshifting version of Loki from that old comic representation of Ragnarok.
>>
>>85055958
If you complete the game in hard mode you unlock
The Destroyer Armor for massive stat boosts
And Twilight of the Gods mode for extra difficulty
Beat TotG mode unlock God Butcher mode you have half health enemies have double
Beat that Valhalla or Hel mode one hit you die but also one hit kills
Beat that Hel or Hel one hit death and God Butcher enemy health and difficulty
>>
>>85053702
Don't be obtuse, Thor interacted with aliens, traveled the spaceways and fucked with cosmic entities more than any other core Avenger. Starlin, Kirby, AND Simonson would tell you that Thor and gods in general are as much cosmic as they are magic.
>>
>>85056766
One word: totem.
>>
>>85052773
I divert the funds to make a spider-man dating sim
>>
>>85057707
Wait, scratch that, I make a game about Spot's misadventures using portals
>>
>>85057707
Spider-Harem books are best Spider books.
>>
>>85052773
Castle Crashers style side scroller with mostly characters in the Thor lore, but some extra Avengers characters that can be unlocked in the post game.
As for the plot, I dunno, God Butcher?
>>
File: gwen.png (396KB, 514x497px) Image search: [Google]
gwen.png
396KB, 514x497px
>>85052773
sim date
>>
>>85057707
>>85058187
>She knows about MJ
>Keeps asking the player to pick her
>Gets desperate and promises a dirty scene.
>If you follow her path, she ends up covered in mud.
>says something about this being the dirtiest she's ever been, thanks god for pg 13 games
>>
>>85058588
>Gwenpool keep making comments about how Peter has the greatest ass in the entire multiverse.
>>
>>85052959
>Play as Jane

There are no game controls as the hammer flies around as does everything for you automatically. The players only real involvement is pressing the stick to navigate Jane. And maybe one more button to do things like open doors.
>>
>>85053628
Why is it disgusting to call her Woman Thor(Whor for short)??
Are you implying you can't call Thor a woman because that'd be disgusting you misogynistic piece of shit??????
You disgust me
>>
>>85060216
Jhor would have been nice
Too bad the stretched out the 'mystery'
>>
>>85054382
More likely he is the Norse Gods.

As in he's Odin.
>>
Thor: dynasty warriors.

Play as Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three, against the forces of darkness in all the realms.

Loki, Hela, Dark Elves, Frost Giants, etc
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.