[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that Frozen is the most rushed 3d Animation ever made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 35

File: See Elsa Braid.png (1020KB, 720x703px) Image search: [Google]
See Elsa Braid.png
1020KB, 720x703px
Reminder that Frozen is the most rushed 3d Animation ever made by Disney.

I Never understand why this movie got billion dollars of profit
>>
>I Never understand why this movie got billion dollars of profit

Wreck-It Ralph (Original story, pop music)
Big Hero 6 (Original story, pop music)
Zootopia (Original story, pop music)

>Frozen (Traditional story, original music)

I can't possibly see why anyone likes it the most.
>>
It made a fucking mint because it was bland and generic. Everyone in the world could project whatever they wanted on it. It was all things to all people.
It was the inaction figure of movies.
>>
>>85049042
right place right time
enough shut in losers watch Disney films.
>>
>>85049042
Following the success of Tangled people wanted more. They knew they could expect something as good.
>It had more sellable characters.
>the popularity of 'Let it go' helped out a lot
>Tangled made it for the time more 'in fashion' to enjoy animated princess stuff
>>
>>85049105
Let me guess your favorite animated movie is Wall.E, Up, and Ghibli shit.
>>
>>85049096
Don't you dare try to fucking say that Let It Go is in line with traditional Disney songs, that is pop shit if I ever heard it. Plus, Try Everything was made for Zootopia and is literally an in-universe pop song.
>>
>>85049156
Most of the Frozen songs are power ballads, just like every single Disney movie since they started. But keep telling yourself it's the same as Rihanna, Fallout Boy, and Shakira.
>>
>>85049153
Kill yourself. If you're hating on Wall-E, Up, or Ghibli you're tastes are shit. It's good to know who exactly is ruining the art form by buying mediocre shit like Frozen.
>>
>>85049197
That wasn't the point of those films though. The music was just there for a montage.
>>
>>85049156
>let it go isnt in line with traditional disney songs

holy shit dude
>>
File: Eye_roll_John.gif (101KB, 400x277px) Image search: [Google]
Eye_roll_John.gif
101KB, 400x277px
>Hating Frozen

wow, what a special snowflake you are, anon.
>>
>>85049153
>>85049197
>>85049247
>>85049256
>>85049281

We need to hate Frozen anon.

Its the way to be a cool kidz in 4chan.
>>
You know it definitely bothers me how direct-to-video Frozen looks. Disney, despite not really trying anymore, really does employ skilled artists. Why not make use of them?
>>
She's so perfect.
>>
>>85049311
Frozen was in production hell for a long time. They likely did the best they could under the circumstances. It also should be noted that the movie almost didn't get released, and becoming a world-wide hit was completely unpredicted.
>>
>>85049311

Frozen was entirely remade within 6 months before deadline.
>>
>>85049042
Frozen being a rushed-ass piece of shit technically as well as plotwise but still being the most profitable animated movie ever as well as being the 5th most profitable movie ever at its peak is a testament to feeling over technique in movies.

The somewhat crappy animation and the plot holes didn't matter, because there was something about the fundamental conflict over family relationships, past mistakes, hidden pain and misunderstandings that resonated with the audiences worldwide. Disney chose a good fundamental plot dynamic over a finished product, and they chose well.

>>85049096
>traditional story
Nah. Frozen has nothing to do with Andersen's Snow Queen, it was the basis where they started to develop the script from back in the 1930's or whenever, that's it.
>>
>>85049311
Kristen Bell says the voice actors had been recording for 6 months when they decided to scrap everything and rewrite the movie.

Frozen the movie was essentially animated in less time than the 7-minute Frozen Fever short, within a few months. They have some nicer-looking scenes they probably had animated before the rewrite, like the scene where Anna and Kristoff meet Olaf in the ice tree glade, but most of the movie was rushed as fuck and it shows. They just struggled with the plot for a really long time, and when they finally found something they thought worked and made it click, they decided to go with the new plot even though it meant that the end product would look like shit considering it's Disney seeing as the release date was something like half a year away. Frozen was animated in a fraction of the time than the other Disney movies, which is why it looks so shit
>>
>>85049409
Francis Fukuyama would be pleased if he watched cartoons and was aware that one of the biggest smash hits of the past few years was about the triumph of progressive liberalism that appealed to audiences of all cultural backgrounds.

>>85049407
>>85049392
Eh, production problems don't necessarily prevent a refined sense of aesthetics. Lots of visually impressive things have been made by teams working with scarce resources.
>>
>>85049197
>Most of the Frozen songs are power ballads, just like every single Disney movie since they started

Maybe if you mean " since they started....doing a lot of full length uninterrupted power ballads". But that's a relatively new thing. The stuff made in Walt's lifetime was generally not like that.
>>
>>85049153
>hating Ghibli
you must be a very joyless person
>>
>>85049555
I'm just making fun of him for being a stereotype.
>>
>>85049197
Frozen's songs are much more contemporary Broadway than the classic Disney ballad style though. It seems like the soundtrack was composed with the Broadway musical in mind. The only really classic Disney style song is For the First Time in Forever, and Let it Go is close, but shit like In Summer and Fixer Upper are very different from the classic Disney style.
>>
>>85049392
Seems to be a running trend with Disney's animated fare.
>Frozen was in development Hell since Walt's time, under "the ice queen" title.
>Entire script had to be rewritten after they heard one showtune.
>makes over a billion.

>Zootopia in development Hell with script troubles.
>Entire script is rewritten after sizeable amounts of the movie is already modeled and rendered and animated.
>Assets are reused left right and center despite entire story being different.
>Movie makes over a billion dollars.
>>
>>85049042
I really enjoyed Tangled a lot more.
>>
File: 1449420858543.png (160KB, 437x597px) Image search: [Google]
1449420858543.png
160KB, 437x597px
>>85049304
Hate is too much of a strong word.

It was ok, mediocre, basically nothing special in my opinion. It isn't a bad movie, but it is WAY overated.
>>
Word of mouth. This movie had virtually no presence during its marketing aside from those shitty Olaf commercials. Higher ups had no faith in the film, it was just meant to go out quickly because Pixar fucked up Good Dinosaur and had to push back its release. Its easily tellable, because Disney didn't account for how well the film would do with kids when it came to merchandise (which sold out quickly) and a lot of merchandise that came out around the same time as the film was about to had tons of shit from the earlier version of the film (Elsa doll that said stuff like "We have to save my sister/I am your Queen!", Colouring Books/Novelization that had deleted songs and alternate scenes of stuff in the film)

Even the commercials, they redid that Kristoff/Anna/Marshmellow scene like 4 times over different sneakpeaks. It was rewritten 6 months pre release and it shows. I'd be on board for a "remaster" that fixes all the animation/texturing/lighting in Hyperion, even Frozen Fever was much "looser" in its animation.
>>
>>85050376
So apart from Frozen and Zootopia, any other major Disney hits that they thought was gonna be a throaway film in the first place?
>>
>>85049042
Strange really, Zootopia went through the same problems and was rushed yet it still manage to really good and has a really good chance at ageing well.

Frozen is ageing badly and at a quick rate as well, hopefully if a sequel comes out they make it more beautiful like how Moana is shaping up to be.
>>
>>85050171

shame there's no documentary on Frozen, that Zootopia documentary shown us how they work.. it wasn't really pleasant. Maybe it was the lightining in these rooms? Or the background music?
>>
>>85050613
Zootopia was changed because it was just too dark and depressing and audience didn't really like the supposed magical world filled with talking animals.

Glad they changed it and made Judy the protagonist instead of Nick.
>>
I thought Inside Out and Zootopia were utterly mediocre, but I liked Frozen.
>>
>>85050662

that i know of course, and i am fucking glad it happened (goddamn reverse sweatbox, wish i never saw it though... that's just me.)

it's just it was handled better in dvd extras, the sound in the documentary was extra low, these fusion guys often do documents?
>>
Eh, it was better than BH6
>>
File: Vaiana Cup.png (694KB, 591x599px) Image search: [Google]
Vaiana Cup.png
694KB, 591x599px
>>85050601

Moana will show us lots of water, jungle and lava IIRC. it's gonna be pretty.
>>
>>85050171
Writing overhauls are pretty common in the production of Disney movies, ever seen The Sweatbox?

If you havent: https://vid.me/xjIV/the-sweatbox
>>
>>85051399

there's a reason some fans calls zootopia case reverse kingdom of the sun/reverse sweatbox.
>>
>>85050863
It's gonna be gorgeous, I believe
>>
>>85050535
The Lion King
>>
>>85053981

At least this one had no development hell to go through, it was thought up from start to finish

or am i wrong?
>>
>>85049105
Avatar and Frozen's success says a lot about people's tastes
>>
>>85054085
http://lionking.wikia.com/wiki/King_of_the_Jungle

Disney thought Lion King was going to be a flop with Pocahontas being their next big hit. Instead, the opposite happened.
>>
>>85049580
>Liking the better things makes you a stereotype
>>
>>85049407
>>85049467

Good lord, WHY?
>>
It's really disheartening that shit like Frozen and Finding Dory make utter bank despite being so mediocre.
>>
File: BORG.jpg (66KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
BORG.jpg
66KB, 450x338px
>>85054409

i kind of feel sorry for Pixar, they lost their spark and now they're just chumming out what Disney tells them to make.

as for the Frozen... moms like pretty white princesses, and train their daughters to like pretty white princesses.
>>
File: 1379040380181.gif (3MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1379040380181.gif
3MB, 250x188px
>>85054312

this winter we'll find out if history will repeat:

talking animals movie VS brown princess

songs aside the writing team looks strong:

Ron Clements,John Musker(Little Mermaid,
Treasure Planet,PatF,Aladdin, Hercules)
BUT then:
Taika Waititi
(Eagle vs Shark,Boy, Green Lantern... wtf?!)
Jared Bush
(Dumb and Dumber(!), Zootopia)

actually... i am just trying to read tea leaves, kind of. Why i even bother?
>>
>>85054369
Elsa was originally supposed to be the villain, but after Idina Menzel recorded "Let It Go", Disney execs decided the song worked better if Elsa was a good, more sympathetic, character, which meant rewriting about half the film.
>>
>>85055003

>Execs

what strange people, sometimes they can save the movie and sometimes they doom it.
>>
>>85054941
Taika also did What We Do in The Shadows, which was pretty good.
>>
>>85049153
Apply yourself.
>>
>>85051399

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAt9ovvKgCU

what was the exec's problem with KOTS?
>>
>>85050171

Wreck it Ralph had a lot of animatics that were dramatically different from the final film too, don't know how late those changes were made.

I'm amazed at how strong Zootopia's story was considering how dramatically different it started, plus all the challenges in designing/animating so many different, often furry creatures at different scales.
>>
File: elsa concept blue.png (161KB, 258x402px) Image search: [Google]
elsa concept blue.png
161KB, 258x402px
>>85055003
Pretty close - actually it wasn't Disney execs, it was co-directors and writers Lee and Buck, and after hearing Let It Go after it had been composed and performed by the Lopezes, not by Menzel. I think.

>>85054369
I understand they didn't know what to do with the movie, they'd been struggling with the plot since Walt was alive and couldn't find a way to make it work, it had gone through rewrite and rework after rework. I guess they thought it'll be shit anyway, but the idea of Elsa being sympathetic instead of a snarky villain finally clicked and felt right.

They had to choose between
a) a movie that's had sufficient time to finish and polish the animation, but with a plot and a dynamic that feels somehow meh and
b) a movie where the idea and dynamic feels like it works, but the animation will look somewhat shit because there's no time to do it properly

and they chose b. And it became a massive hit.

Pic related is the Elsa from a close earlier iteration, there's scenes of Menzel voicing her. She had a rap number. A. Rap. Number. Think about it.

I think we should all be grateful Lee & Buck went with the sympathetic Elsa gut feeling even if it meant a rushed
>>
>>85057397
>they'd been struggling with the plot since Walt was alive
Wait, literally? I thought the '1930s' thing anon said earlier was an exaggeration.
>>
>>85049042
Because it came out at the perfect moment, when a bunch of adults who grew up during the Disney renaissance era had matured enough to not be ashamed of watching a children's cartoon. And since they underestimated how good a children's cartoon could be, even an okay but bland movie like Frozen blew their expcations. So on top of the usual marketing for children, you also had a bunch of Disney-nostalgic young adults social marketing and making it hip.
>>
File: 1465443325484.png (543KB, 961x798px) Image search: [Google]
1465443325484.png
543KB, 961x798px
>>85057393

most animal models were ready, and the story finally started coming together after that whole protagonist switch.. "make us love the world, and THEN show us it slowly breaking apart"

personal quesrion... would you like to see such face on the big screen?
>>
File: frozen-concept-snow_queen.jpg (85KB, 487x738px) Image search: [Google]
frozen-concept-snow_queen.jpg
85KB, 487x738px
>>85057545
Nope, Walt Disney Pictures started to look into adapting the Snow Queen in 1937. Many different teams tried their hands on it, including one with Glen Keane around the Disney Renaissance in the 1990s, but it was stuck in dev hell for decades, until it finally got commissioned in 2011.

Pic related is a concept version of the Snow Queen from the hand-drawn era
>>
>>85057623
Not who you're talking to, but is that not just the character from zootopia that we already saw on the big screen?

And what were you saying about them changing the protagonist??
>>
File: early elsa concept.jpg (93KB, 450x723px) Image search: [Google]
early elsa concept.jpg
93KB, 450x723px
>>85057687
They really tried a lot of different versions of the Snow Queen over the decades and years
>>
>>85057748
And different dynamics between the snow queen and the protagonist girl
>>
File: disney animation presents.gif (247KB, 272x203px) Image search: [Google]
disney animation presents.gif
247KB, 272x203px
>>85057714

yes, but he wasn't the audience insert. the optimistic rabbit became the one.

you didn't see the documentary?
>>
>>85049281
>>85049304
>how dare you not enjoy popular thing bawwww
boo fucking hoo, autists.
>>
>>85057786
and the male love interest, of course
>>
>>85057814
No- what's it called? I'd be interested to see that.
>>
>>85049042
It gave me my favorite incest OTP though, so IDGAF
>>
File: Collar_ceremony.png (430KB, 1000x512px) Image search: [Google]
Collar_ceremony.png
430KB, 1000x512px
>>85057853

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI

share your thoughts after watching it then!
>>
>>85057687
I think Beauty and the Beast was in a similar boat. Apparently they struggled for years what to do with the plot once Belle is in the Beast's castle or something along those lines. It took decades for them to figure out the 2nd act.
>>
File: elsa concept midler.jpg (541KB, 1247x1404px) Image search: [Google]
elsa concept midler.jpg
541KB, 1247x1404px
>>85057786
Also a more glamorous version inspired by Bette Midler - before they eventually got the idea to make them sisters

It's really interesting how so many Disney movies were thiiiiis close to becoming something completely different.
>>
From the Frozen wikipedia page

>By November 2012, the production team thought they had finally "cracked" the puzzle of how to make the film's story work,[38]:155 but according to Del Vecho, in late February 2013, it was realized that the film still "wasn't working", which necessitated even more rewriting of scenes and songs from February through June 2013.

>He explained, "we rewrote songs, we took out characters and changed everything, and suddenly the movie gelled. But that was close. In hindsight, piece of cake, but during, it was a big struggle."[65] Looking back, Anderson-Lopez joked she and Lopez thought at the time they could end up working as "birthday party clown[s]" if the final product "pull[ed] ... down" their careers[51]:19:07 and recalled that "we were really writing up until the last minute."[70] In June (five months before the already-announced release date), the songwriters finally got the film working when they composed the song "For the First Time in Forever", which, in Lopez's words, "became the linchpin of the whole movie."[51]:19:24

> In June (five months before the already-announced release date), the songwriters finally got the film working when they composed the song "For the First Time in Forever"

Jesus fuck
>>
>I Never understand why this movie got billion dollars of profit

Third wave feminism
>>
>>85058300
>This wave feminism
The BEST feminism
>>
>>85057943
this would have been better.
>>
>>85058300
I was on tumblr at the time Frozen was being released and almost all of them were planning to "boycott" it because the leads werent brown enough
>>
>>85058325
Because of all the money they get.
>>
File: NAVn6Cf.gif (494KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
NAVn6Cf.gif
494KB, 500x235px
>>85057884
I haven't finished it just yet, but boy, I really wish some of those earlier versions were available to watch or read. I would love to see the collar version, or all that stuff about Nick's backstory. Especially once they started saying how dark it got.
>>
File: inuit kristoff.png (458KB, 723x315px) Image search: [Google]
inuit kristoff.png
458KB, 723x315px
>>85058425
Ah yeah, the bullshit completely made up controversy over how outrageous it was that Kristoff, who was supposedly Sami, didn't look like a weird imaginary hybrid between an indian and an inuit that had absolutely nothing to do with how the Sami actually look
>>
>>85058425
Isn't the story Danish and set in Europe, aka where white people come from?
>>
>>85057687

What a shame that such a long effort was so rushed out.
Kinda reminds me of The Thief and the Cobbler.
>>
>>85057623
>personal quesrion... would you like to see such face on the big screen?

Nah, I agree with the writers that the first version of the world was simply unpleasant. And it seemed to lack any sense of allegory, which the final film has in spades without being too heavy handed. I really adore what it became, it's so surprising that they were off on a completely different track initially.
>>
File: 3546973404_0a556d3724.jpg (123KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
3546973404_0a556d3724.jpg
123KB, 393x500px
>>85058630
Meanwhile, an actual Sami man from 1800's Norway.

Tumblr really is full of assholes who'll blatantly lie about anything, including the identity and ethnic makeup of an indigenous population, just to stir up false controversy in the name of defending good causes (like the same identity of the poor noble indigenous people they themselves are blatantly perverting and misrepresenting) and to gather internet points. Loathsome.
>>
>>85058936
Also a Swedish 1800s Sami dude, pardon the spam but this "controversy" pissed me off so much as I'm sure there are now hordes of teenagers who honestly believe the Sami were dark at some point because indigenous = dark, no exceptions
>>
File: early elsa concept midler_1280.jpg (203KB, 1280x1110px) Image search: [Google]
early elsa concept midler_1280.jpg
203KB, 1280x1110px
>>85058363
Even more Broadway, I suppose. Elsa could have been a bit like Yzma, or Mother Gothel

Also apparently around this time Olaf was Elsa's annoying, evil sidekick
>The production team also turned Olaf from Elsa's obnoxious sidekick into Anna's comically innocent sidekick. (Around the time when they decided to make them sisters, after Jen Lee was brought in in 2012)[60] Lee's initial response to the original "mean" version of Olaf had been, "Kill the f-ing snowman," and she found Olaf by far "the hardest character to deal with."
>>
File: tumblr_mx6x10Gg2v1sjpb1yo1_500.jpg (52KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mx6x10Gg2v1sjpb1yo1_500.jpg
52KB, 500x427px
>>85057397
I have to wonder...how do you struggle with the idea of writing a story based on The Snow Queen? It's pretty much laid out point by point, and even if it wasn't, it wouldn't be hard to default to 'Ice Queen does something fucknuts and the protagonist has to stop her'.

Honestly I would've preferred even that to the soppy, bland, poorly animated, and poorly written mess that Frozen was.
>>
>>85059103
Actually the Frozen wikipedia page has info on that, as the creative team talked a lot about the different stages and difficulties of adapting the fairy tale.

Remember, Disney doesn't set out to create faithful adaptations, they set out to create Disney Animated features, in the Disney style.

> the studio encountered difficulty with The Snow Queen, as it could not find a way to adapt and relate the Snow Queen character to modern audiences. Even as far back as the 1930s and 1940s, it was clear that the source material contained great cinematic possibilities, but the Snow Queen character proved to be too problematic.

>in 2008, …September, Buck pitched several ideas to Lasseter, one of which was The Snow Queen.[38]:6,11 Buck later revealed that his initial inspiration for The Snow Queen was not the Andersen fairy tale itself, but that he wanted "to do something different on the definition of true love." "Disney had already done the 'kissed by a prince' thing, so [I] thought it was time for something new," he recalled.

>Development began under the title Anna and the Snow Queen, which was planned to be traditionally animated.[46] According to Josh Gad, he first became involved with the film at that early stage, when the plot was still relatively close to the original Andersen fairy tale and Megan Mullally was going to play Elsa.[47] By early 2010, the project entered development hell once again, when the studio again failed to find a way to make the story and the Snow Queen character work.[48][49]

>"Hans Christian Andersen's original version of The Snow Queen is a pretty dark tale and it doesn't translate easily into a film. For us the breakthrough came when we tried to give really human qualities to the Snow Queen. When we decided to make the Snow Queen Elsa and our protagonist Anna sisters, that gave a way to relate to the characters in a way that conveyed what each was going through and that would relate for today's audiences. (Peter Del Vecho)
>>
>>85059356
>>85059103

>it wouldn't be hard to default to 'Ice Queen does something fucknuts and the protagonist has to stop her'.
Funny you should say that;

>In the original script the songwriters first saw, Elsa was evil from the start; she kidnapped Anna from her own wedding to intentionally freeze her heart, then later descended upon the town with an army of snowmen with the objective of recapturing Anna to freeze her heart properly.[51]:8:42 By the time Lee came in, the first act included Elsa deliberately striking Anna in the heart with her freezing powers; then "the whole second act was about Anna trying to get to Hans and to kiss him and then Elsa trying to stop her."[60] Buck revealed that the original plot attempted to make Anna sympathetic by focusing on her frustration as being perceived as the "spare" in relation to the "heir," Elsa.[61] The original plot also had different pacing, in that it was "much more of an action adventure" than a musical or a comedy.[58]

>Buck and Del Vecho presented their storyboards to Lasseter, and the entire production team adjourned to a conference to hear his thoughts on the project.[39] Art director Michael Giaimo later acknowledged Lasseter as the "game changer" of the film: "I remember John saying that the latest version of The Snow Queen story that Chris Buck and his team had come up with was fun, very light-hearted. But the characters didn't resonate. They aren't multi-faceted. Which is why John felt that audiences wouldn't really be able to connect with them."[39] (Around 2011, before Jen Lee was brought in)
>>
>>85058646
According to Tumblr, black people make up 99% of the world's population.
>>
>>85059558
Not black people, "brown" people.
>>
>>85059493
>then later descended upon the town with an army of snowmen with the objective of recapturing Anna to freeze her heart properly.
ffs, so it was dull and needlessly repetitive even early on.

>then "the whole second act was about Anna trying to get to Hans and to kiss him and then Elsa trying to stop her."
So, The Little Mermaid?
>>
>>85059356
Yeah, Disney doesn't set out NOW to create faithful adaptations. If the film WAS truly conceptualized in the 1930s, then it was made around the time of Snow White and honestly their films didn't deviate much there aside from changing a death scene or two.

Even then, if they wanted to deviate from it that badly, I still can't see why it would be so hard to write something for it. The basic premise is that the female protagonist goes out to find the boy that the Snow Queen kidnapped. Even if the original gets super dark and super weird, I feel like the basic idea of 'girl saves boy from evil Queen' is a solid enough framework to build a story around.

>>85059493
But this is stupid too. Why the hell is Elsa so fixated on freezing Anna's heart.
>>
File: 1464690070384.png (309KB, 504x398px) Image search: [Google]
1464690070384.png
309KB, 504x398px
>>85049407
>entirely remade
>entirely

That word. I do not think it means what you think it means. Frozen was, in absolutely no respect, *entirely* remade in the course of 6 months. That is absolutely incorrect.
>>
>>85058936
>>85058987
What pissed me off even more is that they made it sound like the "normal Scandinavians" had invaded and taken the land from the Sami since they where "indigenous". They might have a point for the most northern parts of Norway or Sweden, but the Sami have never been in the rest of the area. Danes, Swedes and Norwegians are just as indigenous as Sami, if not more, since those areas have been inhabited way before the area that the Sami started to live in was even clear of the ice from the ice age.
>>
>>85059786
>If the film WAS truly conceptualized in the 1930s
It wasn't truly conceptualized then, it's when WDAS first started to think about doing something with it.

They started to seriously conceptualize it in the wake of the success of another Andersen adaptation, The Little Mermaid - but Disney's TLM is very much different in tone and plot from the original fairy tale. So the Snow Queen was never about to become as faithful an adaptation as Snow White. Something close but much more cheerful than the original in the manner of Beauty and the Beast or The Little Mermaid, maybe
>>
>>85059356
>For us the breakthrough came when we tried to give really human qualities to the Snow Queen.
And that where you fucked up. The entire point of the snow queen is that she isn't human. She has no emotions. She's not human, because she is the embodiment of the frozen waste of northern Scandinavia. She's meant to be cold and unforgiving, and kill you if she just feels like it.
Just fucking adapt the book into a film wouldn't be hard. Only for people who completely missed the fucking point of the story.
>>
>>85059866
Yeah, and at least in Finland Sami and Finnish have a mutual root ancestral language and the latest research is unsure which group of people settled the land first, Finns or the Sami, some 10 000 years ago.

They're considered more indigenous because they held on longer to their ancestral ways of life - but the peoples in the Nordics have been living in there together for a VERY long time, and equating the Sami to the Native Americans where they lived on the land for centuries or longer before the white invaders (the contemproary majority population) showed up and took it from them is just blatantly misrepresenting the situation so bad it's insisting black is actually white.

It's outrageous those lies are presented as fact by the people acting as defenders of the rights of the Sami - when in fact they're spreading lies and misinformation, and in fact appropriating and twisting the history and identity of the Sami to use in their own "more POC in mainstream movies" agenda. It's fucked up.
>>
>>85059917
Okay then. The idea I was getting from the thread that it was conceptualized then, my bad. I can understand their need to be more different and successful in the wake of TLM (dead mermaid to married happy mermaid) and Beauty and the Beast (Belle marries the man she loves, instead of pigeonholed into marrying Gaston when he kills the Beast).

I still can't say whether or not it really should be hard to make a cheerful yet feeling inducing story based on The Snow Queen, though. But a lot of this may also come from an overall disappoint I had with Frozen itself. It could very well be the adaptation of Snow Queen that best fit that criteria--I personally just feel it missed the mark. I guess to some extent I just like my adaptations, even if they're insanely different, to pay SOME homage to the original story and Frozen really doesn't aside from a queen with ice powers. Their prior movie Tangled is a good example of what I expect when I hear 'different take adaptation' because the changes are made to fit a child-friendly audience and helped a rather short story reach a proper running time. Frozen I felt just kinda meandered and didn't really care about any reference whatsoever to the original.
>>
>>85060032
But anon, you don't understand. They didn't want to adapt the story faithfully, they wanted to create a Disney Film that would resonate strongly with their contemporary target audience.

You're still looking at it from the original story point of view, evaluating it on whether or not it fits the themes and aspects of the original story - but that's not what Disney set out to do at all. They considered it, several times, and each time over the decades decided that it didn't work for Disney. What finally worked for Disney was the human aspect multifaceted characters family drama that modern viewers could relate to. They don't give a shit about the "point" of the original story, they want to do a movie they feel works and will sell.

I mean the point of the original TLM story was that Ariel dies in the end in an act of self-sacrifice for a prince who doesn't even know about it as he married someone else. The Disney movie missed that point rather spectacularly, too.
>>
>>85049096
>Big Hero 6
>Original Story
No, it's not. If Frozen is a traditional story, though heavily modified, so is Big Hero 6. Which we'll never see in comics again, & if we do, they'll be either in another earth, or aimed towards children & not even seem like the originals. Which is a bummer.
>>
>>85059558
And at least 33% of them have vitiligo
>>
>>85060218
It's funny you bring up Ariel because I kinda hated Ariel too. Both her and Elsa suffer from a major issue of that the story asks you to sympathize with them...and you do, initially, because they're both sad and they sing a song that gets lodged in your head. But revisiting the films I realize that as a viewer I am basically being asked to sympathize with someone who...has everything. Elsa is a queen, she has super powers that with the gloves is under control, and she has a family that WOULD be there for her if she actually was willing to respond to it (It's not like Anna DIDN'T want to hang out with her). Yet because everyone knows her deep dark secret (???) she abandons her kingdom and basically plunges it into eternal winter. Ariel, in the meanwhile, has the exact same problem. She has everything, fucks everyone over to get the single thing she DOESN'T have, and gets rewarded for her poor decisions therefore learning jackshit. Both are at their core, selfish people who are set on sympathizing only with themselves and are essentially rewarded for it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Anna either, but Elsa just seems detestable to me. And the rewrites may be why--they were trying to recreate a character who did Disney Evil into a sympathetic person. But like, say, Maleficient, its hard to shove under the rug that she DID do such evil things.
>>
>>85060151
>didn't really care about any reference whatsoever to the original.
Yeah, Peter Del Vecho mentioned that:
>Inspired by' means exactly that. There is snow and there is ice and there is a Queen, but other than that, we depart from it quite a bit. We do try to bring scope and the scale that you would expect but do it in a way that we can understand the characters and relate to them."

It seems that being able to relate to the characters was very important to them on this particular project, and an inhumane and cold Snow Queen would have been very difficult to relate to.

But in general, I think Disney almost never does faithful adaptations, not after WWII. All of the renaissance films deviate from the original stories quite heavily, because you gotta have that Disney ending and that Disney cheerfulness and positive tone. Hercules for example twists all of the characters over so thoroughly it's got nothing at all to do with the actual mythos apart from them being greek gods in antiquity and Herc being a demigod.

Getting upset because Disney didn't do a faithful adaptation is, at this point, a bit redundant imo. It's been clear since the 1980s that they consider the stories loose material to start the development from and then just do whatever they think will "work", whatever that'll end up being at the time.

I mean, Tangled was originally supposed to be a Shrek-style comedy with Jack Black portraying a Disney version of Jack Black, they didn't start to adapt a faithful adaptation at all. The movies evolve into strange directions during production, it happens.

If you long for a faithful adaptation, I recommend the Russian (Soviet) Snow Queen adaptation from the 1950's, it's gorgeous
>>
>>85060536
>Elsa is a queen, she has super powers that with the gloves is under control, and she has a family that WOULD be there for her if she actually was willing to respond to it
That's not true though.
Her powers are not really under control at all, and her not responding to Anna is not because "she's not willing", it's because she was told at age 8 when she nearly accidentally killed her that Anna, or anyone, must never know about her powers, or else the populace will attack the royal family and all will be lost. Her father very sternly told her to always hide it and the story made clear her powers were getting stronger as she grew, it's not her imagination, so much so that she's afraid to even touch her own parents as a 10-year girl because she's worried her touch will kill them. That's a huge burden to grow up with, and it's really false to claim that Elsa would "have everything" if only she'd be "willing to respond".

Elsa was essentially fucked over by her upbringing, which enveloped her in horrible fear while also demanding that she suffocate all feelings. She mainly tried to follow the directions of others - again, the shutting in and isolating herself from Anna was done on the King's orders, not out of her own desire or initiative.

Ariel, on the other hand, was a bratty 16-year old, it's true. "But dad, I love him!" Bitch you've seen him once from afar and dragged him around unconscious, don't be ridiculous
>>
>>85060554
Well, I'm not really upset, I'm more just interested in discussing the dynamics of creating a film and what could've existed in that film to make it better or what could've been. It is interesting that this all came about after WW2, since it could've been a kneejerk reaction in a way, and it also could've easily been a coincidence that they realized audiences reacts better to the happy ending. I have seen the Russian Snow Queen adaptation and it really is a lovely movie, and who knows, maybe at some point we will get a faithful American adaptation of the story as well. One must watch and really dissect the failures and successes of previous adaptations and films in general to help build a firm base of what makes shit like Frozen to be so insanely alienating yet so insanely successful. I probably got out of hand, talking about this sort of thing on 4chan.

>>85060735
This is a fair assertion to make, I admit, and when it all comes around I hate Ariel more than I hate Elsa. It's a lot to kinda carve out of the movie but I also haven't read the novelization where things like this are really put out on the plate. I think a lot of these problems could've been made a lot more clear, though. It's somewhat clear that Elsa's upbringing fucked her, but not entirely. Perhaps if we had gotten more dialogue from her parents, or even more of a presence from them, along with a more sturdy base for her upbringing relationship with Anna outside of the one song, then this would've been established a little more firmly and the film would be a little stronger.

But that's just a weird overall thing I've noticed with post-2000s Disney. They really, REALLY rush the openings. Zootopia did it too, starting on that flashback for context but ramming right into the plot extremely quickly.
>>
>>85060735
>>85060536
whereas, for me, Anna is the sister I really dislike from Frozen. Elsa at least has this huge burden of fear and seeing herself as a dangerous monster who'll end up killing people accidentally the moment she's not in control since childhood, she has some excuse; but Anna grew up loved, a princess, free to play and laugh, free of fear - the only sad thing in her life that she didn't have playmates of her own age and her sister was always in her room and she wasn't allowed out from the castle grounds. But she's a princess, second in line to the throne, with the crown princess weirdly near-always locked in her room (possibly sick? feeble of mind?) and she does not give a shit about what this might mean regarding her own royal duties to Arendelle.

Their parents die, Elsa still does not emerge - and Anna doesn't bother looking into ruling in case Elsa turns out to be sick or insane, in which case she'd need to take the throne.

Fuck, when the castle finally opens for the coronation, Anna can't even be arsed to be at the coronation on time or learn where and when she's supposed to be for the royal introduction. All she thinks about is herself, of romance and chocolate and her own sadness because Elsa doesn't entertain HER, that's it. Not once during all those years does it occur to her that Elsa might suffer from something, it's all boo hoo she shut ME out it's unfair I'M bored and lonely.

She doesn't think at all that as second in line, her marriage might be and important card for the crown to play, and she has the nerve to throw a public tantrum about her own love life during the most important day of her sister's life, at an event of great political importance to their family and the country itself.

I just found it so, so hard to like her. I understand Disney tried to make her relatable to middle class commoners but damn.
>>
>>85060554
>Getting upset because Disney didn't do a faithful adaptation is, at this point, a bit redundant imo. It's been clear since the 1980s that they consider the stories loose material to start the development from and then just do whatever they think will "work", whatever that'll end up being at the time.
I for one just hope that they'll never try to adapt the story of a mother. That would be one big pile of shit if it was Disney-fied.
>>
>>85061107
Don't worry, they won't. A mother character isn't appealing enough for merchandise. Ain't girly and available enough to project girlhood fantasies onto, ain't young and available enough to project wank fantasies on.

>>85061005
...Huh. That's an interesting perspective. She kinda just completely dodges the idea of taking over the throne after Elsa runs away, doesn't she? Maybe she just thinks she's too incompetent to actually rule the empire? I suppose when you're raised your entire life to play second banana to the elder sibling. Didn't stop Hans, though.
>>
>>85060969
Yeah, I think the long developments result in the creators having so much stuff they came up with to cram into the movies the scene-setting openings end up a bit too rushed. Frozen, for example (which I've probably thought too much of, that piece of crap really hooked me good) has actually a very tragic and multi-faceted main cast, all 4 humans have differently tragic pasts when you think about it. But the movie doesn't have time to emphasise it, and a lot of stuff is rushed through in one-second lines or very quick cutaways or implications. But yeah, I think focusing on the crushing pressure Elsa felt growing up and spending a bit more time on how fundamentally messed up, if well-intentioned, the King's "conceal it, don't feel it" approach was. Behind it all, Elsa must be traumatised as fuck - For example, the 3 years when the only people who knew about her powers, her parents, had died, and she couldn't even attend their funeral because she couldn't control her powers, and she was all alone with trying to keep these growing powers from everyone, without being able to let anyone know, no-one to talk to about her fears - it must have been absolutely horrifying for a girl aged 18-21. In that light, and remembering the troll's light show of the crowd attacking and destroying Elsa the moment they see her powers, her panic reaction of running away is understandable, but in the movie it just comes across as her being an irresponsible retard.

There's too much stuff they wanted to include, so everything feels rushed. The story was, I feel, too big for the 90-min length.

> I probably got out of hand, talking about this sort of thing on 4chan.
Nah it's interesting. In general I think that adapting written stories to screen is an incredibly difficult thing to pull off well (except with some stories like Agatha Christie stuff), due to the differences in the mediums
>>
File: 5288989.jpg (389KB, 1647x1000px) Image search: [Google]
5288989.jpg
389KB, 1647x1000px
>Complaining about sub-par animation in Frozen for the umpteenth time

It gets old, anon.

Maybe you should let it go.
>>
File: just no.jpg (213KB, 681x625px) Image search: [Google]
just no.jpg
213KB, 681x625px
>>85055003
>but after Idina Menzel recorded "Let It Go", Disney execs decided the song worked better if Elsa was a good
I hate to agree with FatHead Execs, but it was the right decision. Hear me out.

"Let It Go" is the only reason this movie did so well. People identity with the premise of the song heavily even if the song itself isn't anything special. What if it was the song of a villain? Good way to make people uncomfortable and feel like they're doing something wrong rather than being Feel Good in movie form.

The premise of the song is the notion that one can simply decide to stop giving a shit at any time with no effort. Just forget everything keeping you down because you decided you didn't like it. The majority are plagued by the wish that they could simply tell it all to fuck right off. It's very emotionally empowering even if it's a childish notion that it's that easy. Anyone incapable of emotionally processing things in their life will latch on to the notion with absolute desperation. They have no other emotional outlet.

As if they need it to fucking breathe.

That fucking song was EVERYWHERE from the moment people first heard it. People who hadn't seen the movie were singing it like they would die if the song didn't exist. That built up AMAZING hype to go see it amongst.. fucking everyone.

Disney doesn't tell very complex stories (or even ones that are emotionally healthy to identify with), but they know how to tug on people at a basic emotional level with their music.
>>
>>85057943
>It's really interesting how so many Disney movies were thiiiiis close to becoming something completely different.

That's just how any creative team (or any good creative team) works. Instructions would (or should) be to draw as many random half-baked ideas as possible and throw them on the table to be looked at and mulled over. Potential of each half-idea talked about and the pile sorted.

Then one is chosen and built upon to become a full fledged idea. Any artist that works as a professional designer will be familiar with this as well.
>>
>>85061412
It's a bit of a mess of a film in general, and the six months before release rewrite is undoubtably the reason why. I don't think I even have to ASSUME that in the effort to do that rewrite, there was probably a lot of conflict between the people involved. Then there were probably a shit ton of notes from executives letting them know that yes, this is a Disney movie and said movie did in fact need to have a Disney structure with the villain and all that there stuff. As much as I like the implications of Hans and his subplot, I think if it were eliminated then we would've gotten the focus that such a character exploration needs to have to fully complete itself. As is, Elsa's fucked mindset and upbringing is sandwiched in between the fact that the movie had to have a villain and that Anna is arguably the protagonist so we can't really explore Elsa fully from any deeper perspective (since we are fundamentally only seeing most of it from Anna's perspective), instead focusing on Anna and even MORE elements sandwiched in such as her romance with Kristoff.

Adaptations are so difficult to pull off that even the original writers have trouble with them. The Shining miniseries directed by Stephen King, the ORIGINAL WRITER, is overall considered to be one of the worst King adaptations ever made. What works in text, I suppose, simply doesn't always play out correctly in a visual medium.
>>
>>85061282
>Maybe she just thinks she's too incompetent to actually rule the empire? I suppose when you're raised your entire life to play second banana to the elder sibling

Yeah, I suppose her upbringing may have been a bit neglected due to the situation with Elsa. But still, that's the whole point of being the "spare" - that when something happens to the heir, the spare is the one to take the reins.

And something very clearly is wrong with the heir - hell, the fact that at the official goddamn state funeral of the late King and Queen, Anna is the ONLY one representing the royal family, that Elsa, the heir apparent, is not there and doesn't even answer her through the door even though the people justifiably wonder where their ruler is, it should REALLY send massive alarm bells clanging in Anna's mind. But she can't be bothered to think of her duty as a princess, of the future of her country, since even 3 years later, even though Elsa is still shut in and the whole country has been weirdly closed after their father died, all Anna thinks about is romance and finally not being bored anymore tralala gonna stuff chocolate in my faaaace.

(However, I know I'm just being far too historically anal about this - after all, it's a Disney fairytale, and Anna is designed to resonate with normal contemporary girls, who relate much more to being bored and wanting to experience life and romance than dreary talk of state-level political responsibility. But I just do not feel sympathetic towards Anna over the "spare" thing at all, because she fails so completely at being the spare when the spare should step up to the plate.)

But damn, it'd be interesting to explore just how badly the late King messed up, raising the girls the way that he did. There's a lot of potential in the setting of Frozen, actually.
>>
>>85050863
It's gonna be Dwayne Johnson's best movie, right after the Tooth Fairy
>>
>>85061775
>"Let It Go" is the only reason this movie did so well.
Come on now, anon, you know that isn't true.
>>
>>85062383
You don't remember the release like I do. Everyone was obsessed with that song. Every spot on TV was obsessed with that song. They'd talk about the movie, but every discussion revolved around the song. People who didn't even see it were praising the movie by discussing the song. Which built up the hype train for people to go see it, enjoy the song, and start the process again.

However well the movie would have done without it, 'Let it Go' is responsible for bringing in so much more on top of it.

You underestimate how many people need a song like that to survive. Particularly in an age where discussing emotions and feeling bad cause you lost something (cause someone else in the world suffers MORE than YOU!!!1111!) makes you a bad person.

Really, it's not the song itself. It's the idea the song presents that people latched on to.
>>
>>85062295
Well a lot of this probably can be blamed on the fact that the King was likely more focused on how to, for lack of a better word, 'tame' Elsa--I kinda got the feeling that the extreme nature of Elsa's condition kind of ruled over their jobs as parents and they ultimately neglected teaching Anna anything about her role as the backup heir.

However I do agree that her modern girl who is bored and wants to experience life shtick is....not well used. She seems much like a character who is not fully realized. This is, after all, a girl who is willing to go on a crazy snowland adventure with all the dangers involved but doesn't seem to be capable of recognizing that as the heir she should probably be ruling her empire. Perhaps if this was played on, with Anna being FED UP with the fanciful castle life and disliking that world, it would've resonated better. It might have even served as an interesting contrast to the villain character, who wants nothing more than to be t the top of that heap. But it can't because she's always shown to enjoy the extravagance of the royal life in The First Time in Forever. So at the most she seems to jump from setpiece to setpiece at the insistence of the plot, being less of a CHARACTER and being more of a PLOT DEVICE. And I think that's probably more her problem than any of her mannerisms. It's not that she doesn't think about these things, it's more that the plot would not have moved forward properly if she DID think about these things so she's eliminated of such concerns and never brings them up. Which ultimately is a pretty poorly done character.

So yeah, while I don't like Elsa, Anna has a lot of clear failings as a character as well.
>>
>>85061431

I knew what was coming, but I still laughed for some reason.
>>
>>85049153
Get your fucking life together
>>
>>85049555

come on over to my house senpai we're watching when marnie was there back to back double header
>>
>>85062229
>said movie did in fact need to have a Disney structure with the villain and all that there stuff
Yeah, I think that the Hans monologue was really hamfisted in, it felt like out of the blue the movie decided to hammer it home to the audience that this is how you're supposed to feel about this character, he's not nice, he's not the one for Anna Kristoff is. I think that Lee & Buck were writing a somewhat different character - I think Lee even called Hans "tragic" in some interview - but then he just wasn't villainous enough, can't have grey characters in a Disney movie. I do like Hans a lot but it's true that for the core sibling relationship, it would have been nicer to have more time to explore them and their struggles.

Though in a way I like the romantic rescue red herring, that in the end, it's not romantic love but family love that ends up being the true love needed, and for that, you need a love interest. I just wonder if it's truly necessary to have two love interests for Anna, it's cramming in two lessons - one, that Disney style insta-love may not always be true even if you think it (though that's an important lesson for Airhead Anna), and two, that family love is also true, in fact often more true than romantic.

But I wonder if Frozen would have been better as a miniseries or something, there's so much stuff the writers wanted to stuff in.

And yes, I can definitely understand how original writers could do shit adaptations - they think of the book, the themes and major points of the book, but what works in a written format may not work at all on screen. They're so different, in a book one can focus on inner thoughts, but on screen zooming in on an actor's face does only so much.
>>
File: 55612090_p44_master1200.jpg (193KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
55612090_p44_master1200.jpg
193KB, 800x1131px
>yfw you realize Elsa works better with Kris than Anna does.
>>
>>85062593
I'm from a different country, you're right. In here Let It Go wasn't played much anywhere at all till much later in spring 2014, but Frozen still became a massive hit.

Frozen became a massive hit worldwide, earning 400 mil domestic and 800+ mil foreign, and it definitely didn't do it abroad on the power of Let It Go.

It's true that the popularity of LIG was rather strange, as I don't think the song is that great, but saying that it's the ONLY reason the movie did well is an exaggeration.
>>
>>85063084

By the time I finally saw it, I was fucking sick of Let It Go all over the radio, but still greatly enjoyed the movie.
>>
File: eheheh.gif (414KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
eheheh.gif
414KB, 250x250px
>>85063014
>mfw when remembering that in canon, Kristoff describes Elsa's opinion of him with "she thinks you're an idiot", and Elsa views him a bit like a messy, slightly retarded toddler
>>
>>85049042
How does Frozen go from being the most loved Disney movie to the most hated?
>>
>>85063084
I'd speculate support of the movie changed after initial success boomed domestically out of nowhere? I don't remember the timing of international release, but I'd be interested in knowing.

Still, you may be right.

As a footnote, though;The song was an intense hit in America, and I speculate that's part of the culture of shame that had been built up in people slowly since the fucking 80's. Everyone, kids included, indoctrinated with the idea that other people suffer far more than you because you live in the GREATEST NATION ON EARTH. So you have no right to feel bad about anything in your life.

Leads to a lot of emotionally stunted adults who don't know how to process basic anxiety or loss or even day to day happenings. They hang on to shit they don't need in their life.

Personally, at the time I had struggled with a deep personal loss and had to teach myself how to 'let it go' for real just before the movie came around. The song just rings hollow with me because I remember how much effort I had to put in to teaching myself how to move past things I don't need.
>>
File: 49966661_p4.jpg (267KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
49966661_p4.jpg
267KB, 525x700px
I wish A-KA could do all the Frozen art.
>>
>>85062920
Yeah, I never read it but they pontificated in some novel that Hans was actually this massively emotionally fucked character on par with Elsa with a bunch of expectations and yet none at all, but since he just comes the fuck out of nowhere in the movie, that just isn't delivered because he acts like an 80s villain from the second he turns Anna down. I do like the idea of shifting romantic interests as well but it may not have been the right one for this movie if they wanted Hans to be a legit character. If they wanted to go 'first love is not true love' then they could've had Hans be a throwaway in the early scenes, and if they wanted to go 'love at first sight is not really true love' then they could've just thrown the Anna and Kristoff romance out and had her just grow into the knowledge of this fact.

>>85063014
This too might've been worth exploring, since they set up this queen of ice character and this character who is known to be pretty fond of ice and then just...never have them interact. It seems like a bit of an oversight, but as its been said, it kinda seems like they had too many ideas and not enough runtime. So they just went with 'fuck it, whatever gets us to the end'.
>>
>>85063395
> I don't remember the timing of international release,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2294629/releaseinfo

USA 19 November 2013 (Hollywood, California) (premiere)
Armenia 20 November 2013
France 20 November 2013 (Paris)
Georgia 20 November 2013
USA 22 November 2013 (limited)

27 November 2013 Canada, Philippines, USA (wide release)
28 November 2013 Austria, Germany, Croatia, Israel, Macedonia, Malaysia, Portugal, Singapore
29 November 2013 Bulgaria, Spain, Indonesia, India, Poland
4 December 2013 Belgium, France
5 December 2013 Hungary, Cambodia, Slovenia, Slovakia,Thailand
6 December 2013 UK, Ireland
11 December 2013 Netherlands
12 December 2013 United Arab Emirates, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Russia

And so on, territories incl. Australia and NZ till the end of the year. It hit most of South America and China, South Korea and Japan in 2014, though, Japan in March
>>
>>85063817
Well, I hope Non Americans were at least spared hearing that song mentioned constant in stores, in every media outlet great and small, and in casual conversation constantly. For months.
>>
>>85063635
>since they set up this queen of ice character and this character who is known to be pretty fond of ice and then just...never have them interact.
I suspect a big part of it was keeping up the Hans charade. Kristoff would otherwise have been so obviously in the process of ending up with Anna as the he's-so-annoying-wait-I-love-him love interest, it would have made it obvious something had to be wrong with Hans. So, they emphasised how much Kristoff loves ice and how taken he is with Elsa's palace in order to keep up the suspense over who he'll end up courting. Anna/Hans & Elsa/Kristoff, or Hans and Elsa falling for each other while Anna finds herself growing real close with diamond-in-the-rough Kristoff?

Personally, after the palace battle and the dungeon scene I was 100% sure it'd be Helsa-Kristanna endgame, but I was wrong ;______;
>>
>>85064173
If it makes you feel better, anon, there are rumors that the sequel is going to be Helsa. So your suspicions may still be confirmed.
>>
>>85063014

Absolutely. Elsa needed to overcome fear and let people in, and Anna needed to learn restraint and independence.
But instead Elsa stays solo and Anna is the one neatly paired off because, hey, Kristoff isn't a sociopath! So that makes it all fine! That was the only problem, that Hans was a sociopath! It had nothing to do with Anna being so desperate for affection that she leapt to wanting to marry literally the first man that spoke to her, no not at all! What's the point in personal growth if the universe doesn't reward you with an equal or better relationship?
>>
>>85063336
After the hype died down the bandwagon effect weakened and people have begun coming to their senses about the movie. The same thing is going to happen with the latest Starwars movie. It was shit but everyone was so hyped and felt like they had to love it. Just give it a few years and people will be shitting on it (rightfully so) too.
>>
>>85065531
Well, but having Elsa get romantically involved with anyone during the first movie would have been a bit of a hamfisted shoehorn, considering how she spent all her life from age 8 till the climax of the movie at age 21 thinking that her touch will likely kill people and she can't ever let anyone in, and the act of true love involved her accidentally cursing her only living family member, the only person in the world who's not afraid of her, to death simply because she couldn't control her feelings. It's so traumatising, thinking that she's killed Anna, that nearly a year later she still created the moment of mourning her death as a cake topper on Anna's birthday, to describe their relationship and how she feels about them, before changing it.

Having her go within a day or two from that level of "can't ever let anyone close or people will die" to "oh sweet romance let's engage in physical wanton touching" would be ludicrous.

But it's a healing process, she was a lot happier in Frozen Fever, and in the sequel she might get more of the spotlight, especially since she's the hot seller merch-wise. Who knows, maybe we'll see an Elsa romance in Frozen 2.

>>85064652
I'm afraid to hope, and yet impatient
>>
>>85066002

It wouldn't have to be much of a romance. Hell, between Anna and Kristoff it amounted to a throwaway kiss at the end, you could do the same if it was Elsa, just tone it down and add some hesitation, just Elsa psyching up and stealing a kiss on the cheek or something.
>>
>>85057397

Idina do rap song on Frozen ?

Source ?
>>
File: fsvsxvd.gif (549KB, 135x195px) Image search: [Google]
fsvsxvd.gif
549KB, 135x195px
>All this bullshit

We know that Frozen is only good for the porn only, Nothing else.
>>
>>85066642
It wasn't recorded by Idina, she just recorded some scenes for Evil Elsa

> Originally, Elsa was a villain and ends up kidnapping Anna during her wedding and summoning her to the palace where Elsa ends up intentionally freezing Anna’s heart so she would empathize with Elsa’s plight. For this version of the film, the Lopezes wrote a song called ‘Cool With Me,’ which was performed live with Kristen assuming the role of Elsa and Butler as Anna.
>The song basically starts out as a conversation between an Elsa willing to bury the hatchet and an uncertain, wary Anna and features verses such as the following:

E: I wanna make peace between you and me A: Oh yeah?
A: You got a funny way of showin’ it!
A: I invite you to my wedding E: And I came, are you forgetting?
A: Then you trash the church and freeze the guests and ruin it!
E: Elsa’s dead, now instead, you’ll address me as the Snow Queen A: Nah, no way!
E: I got a gift, I’m a superstar A: And your point is?
E: That people should revere me!
A: Yes, you’re really quite the showman with these mean and mutant snowmen —
E: Hey, if no one wants to love me, they can FEAR me!

E: We’ve been falling out for way too long
E: So let’s forget I’m right and forget you’re wrong
E: Okay! Let’s try forgivin’, maybe we could live in — harmony
E: We could really have a ton of fun
E: If you could just chill out! and say what’s done is done
E: Okay! Let’s not be bitter and that’s why I am liter-ally
E: Gonna make you cool with me!

>Perhaps more epically, the song also features a rap of sorts performed by Elsa in which she rattles off the names of her henchmen that are ‘cool with’ her.

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-report-frozen-songwriters-perform-deleted-songs-including-elsas-rap-73308/
>>
>>85067530

...Thats cringeworthy

Making Elsa not a villain is a right decision by disney then.
>>
File: obnoxious olaf sizzling.jpg (206KB, 2724x1491px) Image search: [Google]
obnoxious olaf sizzling.jpg
206KB, 2724x1491px
>>85068294
Yeah, Frozen could have been really, really fucking horrible

Just imagine the "obnoxious" Olaf if the current version is considered the sweet, naive one
>>
>>85066885

I just like cute sisters snuggling, anon.
>>
>>85068645
>>85066885
No, "we" don't. Why are you in this thread if you only like the r34? Clearly you're not in the fandom if you dislike the story itself.

Go to /aco/ and enjoy the lesbo porn with likeminded people, instead of shitting up discussion threads on blue boards with your crackship ooc au fanworks
>>
>>85049494
What movie is that
>>
File: degeneratenords.jpg (319KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
degeneratenords.jpg
319KB, 600x600px
>>85068518

For you, anon.
>>
You, you again, degenerates.
>>
File: nvgngvngn.png (381KB, 441x600px) Image search: [Google]
nvgngvngn.png
381KB, 441x600px
>>85068954

Nah, you're lying anon ;) you like the porn.

>crackship ooc au fanworks
>/aco/

I didnt even know what was that anon.

And i didnt have a diaper fetishes anon.
>>
>>85049042
The reason why people on the internet ship anna and elsa is because they've never experienced platonic love from their parents.
>>
>>85059617
Don't forget, they're only 'brown' when they do what they're told. Zimmerman was Hispanic right up until dindu nuffin.
>>
File: 002.png (171KB, 595x418px) Image search: [Google]
002.png
171KB, 595x418px
>>85069897
>elephant in the room
hyuck hyuck
>>
File: apartheid toys.png (345KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
apartheid toys.png
345KB, 1024x576px
>>85070115

that pun wasn't intentend, Bogo.

>>85058610
>I really wish some of those earlier versions were available to watch or read

maybe they will , but in 20 years, just like >>85054312

for now i want to bleach my mind after seeing all these HUGE scraps of the previous story, jesus christ, jesus christ, even scene is depressing as fuck, and the black humour only makes it worse for me.
>>
>>85049096
>Frozen (repetitive pop song, bland characters, little to no plot)
FTFY
>>
>>85070311
*every scene

i really envy oblivious kids who just see the movie and go to eat their cereal afterwards.
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.