[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting at 6:00 am, nationwide, is MTV Classic. Which means

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 21

File: mtv-logo.png (151KB, 2000x1590px) Image search: [Google]
mtv-logo.png
151KB, 2000x1590px
Starting at 6:00 am, nationwide, is MTV Classic. Which means we'll get to catch up with all of our old cartoon pals such as: Daria, Beavis and Butthead, The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Clone High, Celebrity Deathmatch, and Good Vibes
>>
File: banner_1303.jpg (48KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
banner_1303.jpg
48KB, 600x240px
And the ONE you ALL KNOW hehehehehe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t7pylCz_KM
>>
>>85043932
>Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, Clone High

But I already have those on illegal downloaded files.
>>
File: tumblr_oaabhgVLQT1qg49d5o1_500.jpg (63KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oaabhgVLQT1qg49d5o1_500.jpg
63KB, 500x625px
I'm just glad Clone High is being shown again. Interestingly, it's listed as Clone High Rescored on the schedule.

I hope they put Sifl and Olly on at some point.
>>
>>85043992
Link me the clone high DVD rip. Please I beg you
>>
>>85044065
Won't they run into issues because of Gandhi? I thought they were cancelled and taken off the air because of him?
>>
>>85044109
Dude I downloaded everything like 6 years ago, I don't have sauce for anything.

I've seen a couple of good cartoon threads at /t/ though.
>>
File: shades kid.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
shades kid.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>85043932
Rev up those Crystal Pepsis and Pavement CDs, 'cuase we /90s/ now.
>>
Sifl and Oly?
>>
>>85044370
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ0xBCwkg3E
>>
>>85043932
I'm so broken that I can't wake at that hour. Fug.
>>
>>85044370
Pavement is for nerds. I'm all about Oasis.
>>
>>85043932
>MTV Classic
>even 'classic' MTV is not music videos
>>
File: 1386818101157.jpg (4KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1386818101157.jpg
4KB, 251x242px
>>85043974
You know what, I have a pretty decent memory when it comes to cartoons from the past, I remember all the cartoons OP mentions and then some but this is the first time I've watched Brother's Grunt and fuck, this is disgusting. Usually gross-out humor doesn't bother me at all but what the fuck.
>>
>>85044065
>Clone High Rescored

Sounds like audio edits are being done. We would have known something if the show was getting legit new content.

I do wish that Clone High and Mission Hill got to finish those episodes they wanted to.
>>
>>85043974
AMADEUS AMADEUS
>>
WHERE IS THE PJS?!

REEEEEE
>>
Is it on regular Mtv or another channel like Mtv2? How do I get it?
>>
>>85045181
It's replacing VH1 classic in a rebranding effort.
>>
>>85043932
All the Beavis and Butthead episodes are from the recent relaunch effort. No classic Beavis and Butthead on my guide for at least the first week.
>>
>>85044586
Common people
Common fucking people
>>
>>85045150
on MTV2 and Fuse like ten times a day
>>
>>85045350
Pulp I can dig
>>
File: haman is incredulous.jpg (50KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
haman is incredulous.jpg
50KB, 960x720px
>Classic MTV
>Not Music

that's not classic.
>>
>>85045429
They play a ton of music videos it looks like.
>>
>>85045234
>Getting rid of VH1 Classic
Well, I hope they keep the VH1 Rock and Roll Picture Show. That's where I first watched Tommy and The Wall.
Also, good riddance That Metal Show.
>>
>>85043974

>hehehehehe

Which are you, fucking 12 years old, or fucking retarded?
>>
>>85045691
Shut up, Beavis.
>>
>>85043932
[citation needed]
>>
File: 9I8M9lmSJtmy.jpg (28KB, 581x360px) Image search: [Google]
9I8M9lmSJtmy.jpg
28KB, 581x360px
>good vibes
>Mtv classic
>>
Clone High and Wonder Showzen start airing on August 4th
>>
>>85043932
only the first five are on the schedule for now. There's also Wonder Showzen.
>>85044065
Apparently Clone High USA differed from the Canadian version in terms of music? MTV apparently shoehorned in more big name music. I'm guessing Rescore might just be the Canadian version of the show, the more well known version of it (I have never seen any kinds of clips or videos of Clone High on MTV online)
>>85044613
majority of the schedule is either music videos, concerts, or documentaries
>>
>>85043932
Most of that stuff is crap and not even on a cracker. Anything worth watching (like Dog Boy or Aeon Flux, you can already stream on-line with out dealing with all the other painful crap that will likely be on 'MTV classics' - which will be stupid dross game shows, shit like The Real World and all that stupid crap cartoons you're shilling in your post.
>>
File: 1399940609816.png (275KB, 635x471px) Image search: [Google]
1399940609816.png
275KB, 635x471px
I highly doubt MTV Classic is going to having the good stuff like the good seasons of Beavis and Butthead, Sifl and Olly and original Liquid Television.

>>85043974
They definitely won't be having that.
>>
Great, more pandering to the nostalgiafag manchildren instead of getting anything new. Just what we need.

Being stuck in the past is just so fucking great. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>85048676
My cable listings say every show is starting from the beginning
>>
Is the Clone High DVD edited? Is there copyrighted music they replaced?
>>
I watched a little bit but holy shit is 80's music horrible. How the fuck did people listen to that shit?
>>
I haven't seen Celebrity Deathmatch in years...groovy.
>>
>>85048992
Boco, you aren't Ash Williams.
>>
>>85049020

Earthworm Jim.
>>
>Clone High Rescore
>>
>>85049029
You're definitely a worm of some kind.
>>
>>85048938
>having this shit taste

Let me guess, you prefer Kanye West.
>>
>>85049095

Well played.
>>
>>85049098
>Let me guess, you prefer Kanye West.

I would guess Skrillex
>>
>>85048709
Would you rather have modern Mtv?
>>
>>85049120
We aren't talking about your mom here.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>85043974
Daily reminder that the creator went on to make Ed Edd n Eddy
>>
>>85049410
So what you're saying is they never were good?
>>
>>85043932
More than that I hope they just play old 120 Minutes episodes.
>>
>>85049191
There should be a post-modern mtv.
Pandering to millennials again is a disgrace.
>>
>>85049522
Pretty sure he was letting those who don't know that both shows were made by the same creator.
>>
>>85045648
The only thing that was worth a shit on that channel was 120 Minutes Classic and I think that was long dead at this point anyway.
>>
>>85048709

CRY MORE, LITTLE BABBY.

MTV Classic isn't going to do shit in terms of ratings. It isn't going to start a wave of "'90s MTV" revivals. It's a desperate, flailing attempt at regaining some sense of relevance thanks to MTV Prime's original function being rendered obsolete by the Internet. MTV doesn't have any real relevance to the modern media landscape except as millennial nostalgia. When - not if - it dies, it will be so much of a shell of its original self that nothing will have been able to save it.

There is no "post-modern" MTV. There is no "post-Millennial" MTV. MTV is the TV network equivalent of a dead man walking. The only real question is how long it keeps on walking until someone puts a bullet in its head.
>>
>>85043932
I can't find the online transmission. All that I found is the UK version on the internet.
>>
>>85049908
>>85050071
120 Minutes is on Sundays
>>85050326
try looking for VH1 Classic streams?
>>
>>85050278
different anon, your post made me depressed.
what happened to my life? to my youth?
I feel like Al Bundy
>>
File: 1417538547277.png (262KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
1417538547277.png
262KB, 422x750px
>>85043932
>The Maxx
>Aeon Flux
>Clone High
>Celebrity Deathmatch

God has decided to be merciful for once and let us enjoy life.
>>
>>85052809
He only did it, so it only would hurt more, when we go back to our regular programming
>>
So no more Naked and Dating, or whatever the fuck comes on MTV these days?
>>
>>85052822
Sometimes a small reprieve from suffering is all we can hope for. Hell, I'll take it if it means future whipping will bring about another reprieve that is made up of Samurai Jack Season 5.
>>
>>85052742
I feel the same too. Someone please hug me.
>>
>>85052866
>tfw when I misread it as Danzig
>tfw when I can't escape the nostalgia

>>85052867
Sometimes miracles happen. What I miss is the excitement at something brand new that wouldn't suck.
>>
>>85044665
>Antonuci
>Krisfaluci
>both gross
it's like every animator that name ends with "uci" is destined to be gross
>>
File: 1402303433758.jpg (59KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1402303433758.jpg
59KB, 645x773px
>>85052919
>What I miss is the excitement at something brand new that wouldn't suck.

Jesus Christ, how long has it been since anyone's last felt that? Like, legitimate, untainted optimism and excitement at something new, and then being so happy over its delivering on promises and then some.

Last I remember, it was 2010 with New Vegas.
>>
>>85053055
Adventure Time was probably the closest I felt excited in years. But jesus, how many years ago AT debuted?

Recently, I felt that after watching The Warriors for the first time, but it's a movie from 70s, so it doesn't count
>>
File: 1425572271702.jpg (11KB, 235x185px) Image search: [Google]
1425572271702.jpg
11KB, 235x185px
>>85053131
My niggest of niggas! I highly recommend the 2006 PS2 video game adaptation. It expands on the backstory of the movieverse, and gives a bit more meat to all the gangs that barely got any screentime, like the High-Hats, the Orphans, the Savage Huns, etc.

It's a brutally well-done beat-'em-up that plays well and has aged gracefully (although I could be fanboying).

Then there's the comic book sequel, The Warriors: Jailbreak, which is OK if you want to find out about Ajax' fate. The art goes downhill for the final two issues though, so be cautious.
>>
>>85053222
Yeah, I'm about to read the "Jailbreak".
I also heard a lot of positive things about the game as well.

On the other hand, I didn't expect such positive reply, after it was just a "btw" post
>>
what channel?
>>
>>85053374
It's a rebrand of VH1 Classic, so find that channel.
>>
>>85053341
It's because The Warriors is another one of those good experiences that was delivered on multiple times. Hell, even the novel, while more artistic in the thematic/symbolic sense, is a super comfy read and exploration of teenage gangs in the 60's New York area, and how they view the world.

And definitely get the game, it's a worthwhile investment. The music they made for it fits the spirit of the Barry DeVorzon theme perfectly.
>>
File: hi_im_daisy.jpg (17KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
hi_im_daisy.jpg
17KB, 246x246px
>>85043974
holy shit i remember this now. freaked me out as a kid, but i never knew the name of this weird show
>>
>>85053444
I will. I planned anyway.

One thing I feel to say is that while the novel was based more on 60s, the film seems to be set in future, am I right? I felt like the director wanted to portray a world, where everyone is a member of some gang to the point that there was no life outside of gangs
>>
>>85043932
this new channel is it america only or world wide?
>>
>>85053518
The novel is set firmly in the 60's, while the movie is set at an ambiguous time (although the game puts it in 1979) that seems to be predicting 80s fashion and styles. Really, Walter Hill's intention was to make the movie comic-book-like, with a lot of flashy colors and costumes, and it worked.

And the point of the novel's story (among others) was that the gang members were so into the gang life that they referred to anyone outside of them as "the Others" and their homes as "Prisons". So the movie took that and ran with it, implying that this was all there was for these people, which is true. It also took the rising gang violence in New York of the time and embodied it in a story. Actual gangs went to see the movie when it first came out because of this.
>>
>>85053622
I've seen the director's cut version that has this comic book transition, but apparently there was also a different version.

Also, you probably have seen it, but here is a collection of deleted scenes, in case someone else didn't
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgK8iuzJiaY

The movie got a lot of flak because of it, but frankly, if all the gangs were as honorable and loyal to each other as the gangs portrayed in the movie, our world would be less of a hell.

Damn, I didn't plan on derailing the thread. I feel like I goofed
>>
>>85053706
There is one version without the transitions, and I have it somewhere on my hard drive. It's old and low-res, but still watchable.

And I didn't watch the deleted scenes, surprisingly enough. Never cared for those in any movie since I don't consider them really canon to a story.

The gangs were really romanticized and stylized, but it works because it's supposed to be a stylized action-adventure flick, rather than a grim-n-gritty story about realism.

And fuck it, the thread's not very active either way.
>>
>>85053758
The first deleted scene was supposed to be in the movie, however the only reason it wasn't, was because it was set in daylight, while the whole movie was set at night, with the final act being set at dawn (Which I guess was supposed to be symbolic). Anyway, the very first deleted scene explains why these characters were chosen to accompany their boss.

I kinda mentioned the romanticism of the gangs in the movie, because it reminded me about Roberto Saviano's book "Gomorrah" (it's about mobsters in Italy), where he wrote that the mobsters didn't have a tradition / rules on their own, and that they aped the code of honor from the movies.

In other words, movies like Godfather weren't as much inspired by mobsters (except violence), as much mobsters are / were inspired by movies like Godfather, which makes sense, because most of the mobsters are shady businessmen, only with guns
>>
>>85044109
Yeah that one's pretty hard to find.
Someone from /co/ posted a magnet link once but that was years ago.
>>
File: 1469634346526.jpg (46KB, 317x379px) Image search: [Google]
1469634346526.jpg
46KB, 317x379px
>tfw MTV was shut down for nearly 5 years now in your country
>>
>>85053880
I've actually watched it, and I see why they cut out the scenes, since they were either superfluous, or redone better later on. Especially the introductory scenes to all the Warriors.

The romanticization of such underground societies is appealing to writers and consumers of fiction, since it allows for more appealing characters that represent certain values, and further allows for easier creation of antagonistic forces. The Warriors are hoodlums, but they have honor. The Rogues and psychopathic sadists who kill for shits and giggles. And their eventual fates reflect this. Ones are exonerated and even commended for their virtues, the others are punished for their lack thereof.
>>
>>85053538
America, on what was VH1 Classic. There's already other MTV Classic channels but this may actually be the coolest of them all.

BTW, did anyone watch the 6am airing of MTV's first hour on MTV/MTV Classic? The airing on MTV Classic had the old commercials intact, which was pretty fucking cool. Wonder if the 12pm (and the 2am) airing of the first hour on MTV Classic did the same thing.
>>
>>85054052
More or less.

I do wonder if the Riffs killed The Rogues, or only their leader. Also, it feels a little weird, because the Riffs killed The Warriors' leader, so they kinda should have paid them somehow in share / territory, etc.

>they killed my boss and all I got was a lousy song with dedication

But then again, that's the thing. If you are strong, you don't have to apologize, and you can do whatever the fuck you want.

As much as I loved the movie, it does have some glaring plotholes. I do wondered who was the guy that Rogue talked with on the phone. Some corrupted cop? Or politician? Or mobster?

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if the movie was actually longer.
>>
>>85054185
What plotholes? I thought it was fairly plugged up.

And there is a theory around that Luther was talking to the DJ every time he was on the phone, giving her info on everything that was happening to the Warriors. It would make sense, since she seemed to have the skinny on everything that was going on.

If someone made a couple more storylines, I'd be a happy man. Not make a franchise out of the Warriors, but a small collection of mini-series that was just well-written.
>>
>>85054235
>What plotholes?
Well, you can explain them somehow.

But for example, the deleted introduction scene explains why Ajax was pissed off at Swan, as Swan was a warchief, while Ajax only a soldier.

There was an animosity between two, but when Swan learned about Ajax being captured, in another deleted scene he does feel sorry about him and blames himself for fucking up, which adds a little to the character.

You can also argue, why the baseball furies were attacking one on one instead of ganging up.

Another thing is, The Warriors didn't have guns, didn't use them in other fights, so it felt a little jarring that The Riffs believed the accusation so easily.

Another thing, it feels a little weird, because at first I thought that The Warriors knew that they were framed for killing Cyrus, but later, they acted surprised when one of the members told them (which he learned from the all-female gang). And how the hell did Swan know about Luther being the one who shot the gun?

Not to mention that Luther shoots straight at Swan with his group behind him, and misses all of them
>>
>>85054398
*who shot the Cyrus?
>>
>>85054398
Shit, I guess it has been a long while since I last saw the movie.

The best rationalizations I can give are:
Fox told Swan who shot Cyrus at some unseen point, and they figured old animosities were dug up and that gangs took the chance to just fuck shit up because the Warriors were soldiering through their turfs.

Remember, the Saracens next to the Jones Street Boys was a big deal, so I can imagine how antsy everyone else was being in another gang's turf without prior notification.

This was during a time when gangs rarely if ever took steps out of their own turf for very long or very far, and paranoia always ran strong with them, making them think everyone was an enemy. Why? Because they were, for all intents and purpouses, invading. The Orphans even mention them wearing their colors being a sign of invasion. And being hoods, the Warriors wouldn't do a wimp thing like take off their vests, so they knew they were essentially declaring war wherever they went on that night.
>>
>>85053706
>I've seen the director's cut version that has this comic book transition,

That shit really threw off the feel of the movie. The original version is much better.
>>
>>85054504
Yeah, a lot of the stuff can be explained either way.

I was a little nitpicky, but all in all, I love the movie. The characters more time running and fighting rather than talking, and yet, I felt like I knew the characters all my life. Pretty cool.

The movie had a lot of problems with budgets, and they were in a hurry. There was like only one pro stunt? In the Cyrus scene, you had some legit gangsters mixed with cops (to avoid happenings), and it's reported that some of the crew lost their watches, and shit. I really recommend read some trivia on various sites, because it really adds to the legend that the movie has.

>>85054611
There are a lot of different cuts that were aired on tv over years. A lot of them.
>>
>>85054716
The same applies to the video game. There's not a lot of character building dialogue, yet everyone is a lovable rogue. Even Ajax, in all his aggressive stupidity, is cool.

There's so much potential in the Warriors world for stories, that it's sad no one has taken pen to paper for more than one extra story post-movie.

Interesting. I'll have to do some research on the making of.
>>
>>85054781
Yeah, it's really weird how much you can learn about the characters, by the way they are fighting, or their skills.

The early scene, where Warriors' leader stylishly knocks the Luther with an elbow was really cool and made me respect him. Weird.

>There's so much potential in the Warriors world for stories, that it's sad no one has taken pen to paper for more than one extra story post-movie.
I would be careful, it might turn into a monkey paw wish. I wouldn't mind some novels, though.
>>
>>85054877
I don't remember the knocking, but I understand what you mean.

As much as I realize it's a monkey's paw, I'll wish it anways. If nothing else, I'd like a spiritual sequel.
>>
>>85054983
They wanted to do a remake in 2006, but something something and the project is in limbo. Anyway, that was a nice chat, albeit it didn't really fit on /co/ lel.

Cheers man, have to do something else.
>>
>>85055033
Cheers, mate.
>>
I hope someone uploads Clone High episodes from the channel in high quality, every site I go to has them in 360p
>>
Nirvana unplugged. The best unplugged episode.
>>
Is Total request playlist just the music, or is it the full trl show?
>>
>>85052702
Honesty, I tried at VH1 Classic, but only russian and europe versions of the streaming are on the internet. The USA version of the live stream isn't working for me
>>
>>85055202

As someone who forever sided with Alice in Chains in the grunge wars, yeah Nirvana's unplugged set is fucking legendary.
>>
>>85043932
I can't be the only one who thought Good Vibes was a good show, right? Everyone else I've talked to either never heard of it or hated it
>>
>>85055403
You are the only one here.
>>
>>85057182
I'm here
>>
>>85048676
>the good seasons of Beavis and Butthead

Fucker, pretty much everything beyond the first season is good.
>>
>>85043974
Those music videos with the characters in were fucking weird.Like they tried to do the same thing beavis and butthead did.
Still i watched it only a year ago i think, i marathoned the whole thing, i like weird 90's animation.
Also is it true what says in the OP? MTV has been utter shit for more than a decade in latinamerica.
>>
File: 1469673222755.jpg (44KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1469673222755.jpg
44KB, 600x800px
no Mtv's downtown?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-08-01-17h51m05s713.png (158KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-08-01-17h51m05s713.png
158KB, 512x384px
>>85044109
I think mine's a TV rip? right?
I have the full series in my hardrive but i don't know if this is what you want, if it is i guess could share it.
>>
>>85044739
You think this is why MTV didn't want to sell Clone High to Lord and Miller? They've expressed interest in a second season, but MTV wanted something like 4 million dollars from them first.

Also someone needs to fund animation costs for the last four or five Mission Hill episodes. Voices are recorded and everything. It's a shame.
>>
>>85058873
Yeah! Life is unfair, mate.
>>
>>85048910
Yeah. There's a whole lot more Abandoned Pools on the DVD. Same goes for Mission Hill. That's why the TV rips are so important
>>
>>85058487
It is.
Pic related is a screencap from the DVD.
>>
File: asdfafdasf.png (653KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
asdfafdasf.png
653KB, 1366x768px
>>85059224
Then i have the full season ripped from a dvd.
Do you guys want me to torrent it or upload it to mega? should i make a new thread?
>>
File: Cartoon_Sushi_Title_Screen.jpg (69KB, 704x468px) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Sushi_Title_Screen.jpg
69KB, 704x468px
>>85048676
>and original Liquid Television.
Honestly, I would settle for Cartoon Sushi. At least Liquid Television has complete series rips floating around.
>>
>>85053977
What country, anon?
>>
File: tumblr_m5im17o6ii1rplt2eo1_500.png (232KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5im17o6ii1rplt2eo1_500.png
232KB, 500x375px
Nice!
>>
>>85044613
A parady video actually described this perfectly. A channel for music videos would be shit in this day and age due to youtube. Wtf would you waste time watching pre-selected videos when you could just hop on the internet and have instant access to everything?
>>
>>85059570
no need for a new thread, just post it here. torrent if it's too big, mega if it's small enough.
>>
File: folder.jpg (12KB, 150x215px) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
12KB, 150x215px
Okay fellas, here it is, Clone High.
The quality is a little bit shitty, but its full and as far as i'm concerned its the dvd version
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1AD80737515A694FFD167401672D2D7EDAA99363&dn=Clone%20High
>>
>>85060792
based
>>
>>85052742

>what happened to my life? to my youth?

The same thing that happens to everyone else: you grew older.

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. Look at Hollywood - it banks on nostalgia working like a drug and luring people into paying for a fix whenever a movie studio puts out a remake, reboot, or whatever. TMNT, Transformers, every worthless Terminator sequel after 3 (and arguably T3), RoboCop, Ghostbusters...whatever you can think of that's been rebooted and remade in the past couple of decades, it's all because Hollywood sees them as "safe" efforts, movies that can coast on brand recognition and nostalgia.

It's fine to enjoy the things from your youth. But you can't ever be young again, no matter how much you cling to the security blanket that is nostalgia. Always remember that.
>>
>>85055382
I liked Alice in Chains more myself.
>>
>>85060792
you're amazing, thanks dude.
>>
>>85060878
>>85061129
Is it downloading for you? i never made a torrent before and i want to know if i fucked up
>>
That Oasis unplugged was actually pretty damn good
>>
>>85061204
Vuze is sitting at zero for me. Like, it's not even getting to the point of showing a file list.
>>
So did the channel begin with Video Killed the Radio Star?
>>
>>85061204
stuck at 0 for me too, it needs seeds, idk how to set up torrents though
>>
Clone High TV has the short intro, DVD has the longer intro with "energetic and engaging, Clone High, our angst is entertaining" etc.
>>
>>85061289
yup and some vintage commercials too
>>
>>85061268
>>85061632
Now its uploading, i can see you guys downloading it too, it might take a while tho its uploading at 200/300kb/s
>>
>>85061753
Yeah, it's doing its thing now, thanks for the upload, I've wanted this show in good quality for a while now
>>
>>85061753
it's downloading, workin' fine. pretty slow, but at 5% so it'll probably be done later. i'll seed it whenever possible.
>>
>>85061660

They had to cut something so they can fit all the fucking commercials into the runtime. Or would you rather they do the fucking Comedy Central shit where they run the episodes in full but make them have really weird start times as a result of running the full episode and all the commercials?
>>
>>85061753
>its uploading at
>>
Bumping with MTV's first original cartoon serial from 1987.

https://youtu.be/vo19qujXbnE

>tfw you will probably never see this on MTV Classic
>>
>>85055382

"All Apologies" is, without hyperbole, the single greatest Unplugged performance. Nobody can fucking touch it. Nobody could ever hope to top it. Anyone who tries to cover it will pale in comparison.

People can rip on Cobain and Nirvana for everything else. But if they rip on "All Apologies", I will fucking rip their lungs out. It is as close to musical perfection as anyone - past, present, or future - will ever get.
>>
>>85068550
Where Did You Sleep Last Night? had the better performance. Cobain flat out refused to give an encore when MTV wanted him to get back stage.
>>
>>85068137
Did they lose the master?
>>
>>85070639
I'm not even sure if they still have the master tape with those shorts, seeing how they were last seen in the very early '90s.

I know they still have the masters to the entirety of "Liquid Television", but most likely won't air them due to all that licensed music the series used.
>>
>>85071066
>implying viacom doesn't still own half of the world
>>
>>85043932
>tfw don't have the subscription
>>
It's more like Viacom doesn't want to pay the licensing for those video section than they can't get a hold of the licenses. Although for a few of them they might not actually be able to get the licenses because the artists were pissed off or whatever.
>>
>>85063367
>Or would you rather they do the fucking Comedy Central shit where they run the episodes in full but make them have really weird start times as a result of running the full episode and all the commercials
as far as i know the Viacom networks that do that still make cuts and alter speed (except for maybe the splat)
>>
>>85072035
did you mean for >>85071691
>>
>>85072725
Forgot @85071066
lol
>>
>>85072791
die you bastard
>>
>>85043932
So will Daria air with the original soundtrack or the DVD version?
>>
>>85043932
>6am
Trashed

Also, is this a unique channel or not? Because I'm seeing Daria and Bevis airing in the morning on regular MTV as well
>>
>>85043932
>boss, more and more people are cutting the cable cord because they can stream literally anything at any time
>it's getting harder and harder to justify multiple channels to the executives
>I got it! Delete everything and replace it with some 90s kids stuff, they still get excited for cable programming
>genius boss!

Getting real tired of this meme
>>
>>85073722
wait what
>>
>>85073910
Well...
>>
Does "Classic Videos" play 80s stuff? I swear everything is 90s and 2000s. I even saw Evanescence; My Immortal isn't even fifteen years old.

I've never seen Clone High but I heard it's good. I didn't know it was a MTV cartoon.I thought they stopped that after Daria,

>>85073910

MTV Classic just gives them more regularly/later at night.

>>85060946

I am curious to see what 2000s nostalgia will bring. We already have a Ben 10 revival. What else could be revived?
>>
>>85077019
>What else could be revived?
Everything. And be honest with us almost every reboot of a cartoon from 90's/2000's is shit.
>>
>>85077019
doesnt seem like "Classic Videos" airs 80s stuff but one of the music video programs is called "I Want My 80s"
>>
>>85077127

I'm still waiting for that Netflix Magic Schoolbus reboot.
>>
>>85077019
There's some 80s stuff in there now and then! I definitely saw Walk Like an Egyptian, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and Paula Abdul's Cold-Hearted not too long ago.
>>
>>85077293

I don't understand Classic Videos. "A Thousand Miles" is a great song and all but even I don't consider it old and I'm 20. Nostalgic? Sure, but 5~ years isn't even retro.

No cartoons today. Just Ghostbusters and Pimp My Ride... No cartoons until Thursday apparently. That's disappointing honestly.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.