[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could he defeat Batman? Keep in mind he has to discover Bruce's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 23

File: tumblr_inline_mqoauzJdMO1qz4rgp.jpg (117KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mqoauzJdMO1qz4rgp.jpg
117KB, 500x368px
Could he defeat Batman?

Keep in mind he has to discover Bruce's identity and name first before he can use the book properly.
>>
File: 1446954727355.png (492KB, 454x546px) Image search: [Google]
1446954727355.png
492KB, 454x546px
>>85038864
>Actually writing "Death Note" on your binder of death
>>
>>85038864
He would kill Bruce Wayne for being ma business man or something.
>>
>>85038864
do you need to know middle names?
>>
File: 1230431184046.png (103KB, 838x358px) Image search: [Google]
1230431184046.png
103KB, 838x358px
I doubt there any detectives in the DC universe dumb enough to be defeated by Light.
>>
>Batman starts trying to figure out who "Kira" is. Baed on leads, goes to Japan to track him down.
>Light starts trying to figure out who Batman is. Goes to Gotham to track him down.

>Because detective work and smarts (fuck, Tim Drake managed to figure it out) Light deduces Batman = Bruce Wayne.
>After world travels and shenanigans, Kira eventually kills Bruce Wayne.
>Kira reads Gotham newspaper about how "Billionaire Bruce Wayne Dies While On Business Trip in Japan"

>Light enjoys a brief vacation in the States and eventually returns home triumphant to Japan.
>Goes up to computer to return to standard Kira duties.
>Computer screen lights up on its own. A grainy black Batman symbol on a white screen.

"Hello, Kira. Don't bother denying it. My death was the last bit of proof I needed. I planned for it months ago when my investigation began. By the time you read this, it will have been approximately one month since I died, and was retrieved by an associate of mine named Talia."

And that's when Batman crashes through his window and kicks him through a wall.
>>
>>85038991
Wouldn't The Question be immune to it anyway, since the Death Note only works if you can visualize their face?
>>
I'm pretty sure Batman would win, because as soon as he figures out its magic based he can ask his half dozen magic friends what the fuck is going on and work from there.
>>
>>85038899
it was already written on it when he found it
>>
>>85039141
You know Question DOES have a face, right?
>>
>>85039141
he could lead other people(like criminals the question is in pursue) to a scenario in which the question could be killed. The only restriction is that death can't occur while the scenario written in the deathnote is being played out. Indirect kills can't happen via deathnote
>>
>>85039320
How often does he really take that thing off though?
>>
>>85039349
Often? His alter ego is a journalist who is on television.
>>
>>85039297
My complaint still stands
>>
>>85039141
>>85039349
>>85039320
Would it really matter if he doesn't take off the mask?
>>
>>85039403
Yeah. Because no one cared who he was until he put it on.
>>
>>85038864
If a madman like Hugo Strange could find out, I'm pretty sure Light could as well
>>
>>85038864
With or without prep. time?
>>
>>85039349
>>85039320
Are we talking about classic pre-nu52 Question or the edgy revamp where they made him Judas Iscariot or something?
>>
>>85039462
He only gets as much prep time as available before the Joker finds him out and crow bars his skull open.
>>
>>85038899
Ryuuk wanted it to be found. He even put an instruction page in English in the front since he knew it was one of the more common languages on Earth and was hoping whoever found it would read and use it.
The best part? He does all this out of sheer boredom, all the deaths are as much on his head as Light, yet in the end he punishes Light. Technically he said he would anyway, and technically as a Shinigami I won't say it's his job since that's actually itself an ambiguous thing but it is his nature. Human lives, and specifically human lives conveniently and suspiciously, are sustenance for these grim reaper things
>>
>>85039090
This is how I'd imagine it'd go as well.

But I always figured that if he wrote down Bruce Wayne's (or someone like Clark Kent's) name down, the Death Note would "kill" that identity but Batman (or Superman) would be alive and well.
>>
Could Hellboy catch Kira?
>>
>>85039862
Hellboy's actual name is in some kind of foreign hell language. So he doesn't pose a real threat.
>>
>>85039812
>But I always figured that if he wrote down Bruce Wayne's (or someone like Clark Kent's) name down, the Death Note would "kill" that identity but Batman (or Superman) would be alive and well.
That doesn't make sense anon
>>
>>85040067
>That doesn't make sense anon
It does if you go with the notion that Batman (or Superman) is the 'real' identity and Bruce Wayne (or Clark Kent) are the masks.

It probably sounds like an awful idea but it's always been something that I tossed around in my head.
>>
>>85039862

>Ryuuk is actually scared of Hellboy.
>>
>>85038864
Depends on the Bruce. In Batman Beyond Bruce suggests he's lost contact with the Bruce Wayne persona so long with how he now lives he just thinks of himself as Batman.

To give context L Lawliet's name was given to him by the Wammy House when he was adopted, meaning he had abandoned whatever his real old name was for the identity of the genius detective he became. Rem saw the name L Lawliet because of this, and it only worked on L because of this.

So it's a coin flip. If a Death Note user wrote Bruce Wayne and imagine Bruce Wayne it might not work, if they wrote Batman and think of Bruce Wayne he might keel over.
>>
>>85040509
That's different. The Deathnote doesn't work like that at all.

Lawliet is L's LEGAL name and works for him. No matter how crazy Bruce got he'd never legally change his name to 'Batman' or erase his birth certificate and old identity enough that Deathnote Magic would accept such a stipulation.
>>
>>85040573

But we never find out if L thinks of himself as "L". The entire thing is the "after mightnight clause" of magical objects, we really don't know the exact rules of "their name".
>>
won't work because Bruce already protected himself with help from Zatanna/Constantine/someone else
>>
>>85039643
I'm still confused over the mechanics of using the DN to save someone. I mean if by accident a shinigami kills someone that increases another one's lifespan, wouldn't that count as "saving"?
>>
>>85040264
Anon the problem is that the Death Note can include time and cause of death. All he has to do is say Bruce Wayne died of a heart attack and your metaphor suddenly doesn't work.
>>
>>85039090
That's pretty good, but his persona Wayne is dead.
>>
>>85040705
It has to be out of compassion.
>>
>>85039374
>>85038899
The Gods of Death do not give a fuck
>>
>>85039090
>By the time you read this, it will have been approximately one month since I died,
How could he have known that Light would take a vacation?
>>
>>85040776
Wonder how it would turn out if let's say shinigami1 wants to save this person and decides to coax unrelated shinigami2 to kill the person's would be killer.
>>
>>85039090
How does Batman find out abput the Death Note? How does dying prove it?
>>
>>85040829
>Batman spends a week reciting various different speeches and clauses to account for every potential variation, then writes a program to piece together the correct one based on news information and the time between the computer's wakes.
>>
>>85040646
Yes, we do. It's based on the family registry, AKA legal documents.
>>
>>85040881
If a laptop had no internet access to the news though?
>>
>>85038864

>Batman

Who gives a fuck about this clown fucker?

John Constantine is a better match.
>>
>>85040945
Obviously the program pieces together the speech at the time the computer is awoken. How else would it know what times to specify?
>>
>>85038864
IMO Kira would overthink things, he always over complicates plans and overthinks things in the anime. He wouldn't comprehend the concept of someone that would do the things Batman does as selfless. He would think Batman was like him and thus he would focus on finding out Batman's real name.

There is a visual and a literary property to using the death note, one has to imagine the person's face while writing down their name. One of the rules of the death note is that if you write someone's name in it incorrectly 3 times they are immune to it from then on or some crap like that which means that if Kira doesn't grasp the true psychology behind Batman, something that I believe he is incapable of, he wouldn't use the wrong name at least twice.

So it would basically come down to Kira trying to imagine Bruce Wayne's face while writing Bruce Wayne, then imagining Batman's face while writing Bruce Wayne, and then finally a coinflip between how the book works and Kira imagining either Bruce Wayne's face and writing Batman or imagining Batman's face and writing down Batman.

I am unsure of which would be correct and it would probably depend upon the writer because some believe that he is Batman and the cowl is his true face, while others think he is Batman regardless of wearing the cowl.
>>
>>85040705
Not sure, I always guessed it was something that needed to be done with intention. Much the way a Death Note user has to think of a name and face to kill that target specifically if they're thinking of a specific person when they're writing up a scenario that averts certain death then whatever life-death thing allows the Shinigami to feed off Humans could kick in reverse.

So if Gelus dumped all his extra life energy into Misa accidentally it sort of explains why she seemed to look younger than her age and was also able to perform the Shinigami Eyes contract twice shortening her total lifespan without dying on the spot. Gelus was apparently a very lazy Shinigami but if he did any reaping at all to survive she must have had at least a couple decades life extension to her natural lifespan through him. And then Rem died for her too so working on that inverted transference theory who knows what that did.

The issue is the Shinigami instinctively are paranoid and do not elaborate on themselves. Ryuuk only says humans directly using the Death Note can't get any additional life from kills, but he never confirms or denies whether the mystical nature of the grim reapers can cause that to happen.
>>
>>85040998
Okay but how would it know that Bruce Wayne had died if the laptop couldn't access the news? Sure it's prepped to say "It's been approximately ____ since my untimely death" but how would a program know that Bruce has died?
>>
>>85041078
...he could plug it in. I assumed from the greentext Light is accessing his home computer.
>>
File: 1461078932277.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1461078932277.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
BATMAN! I FOUND THE DEATH NOTE
>>
>>85039374
The Shinigami who left it there was pretty much banking on an edgy teen to pick it up.
>>
>>85040970
but anon, Batman is Batman and you can't have DC without Batman.
>>
>>85040970
Constantine loses death by cancellation
>>
>>85041048
That's not how the Deathnote works! It doesn't care about your wishy washy feelings or whatnot.

Your name is your legal name given to you based on a family registry. Your face is your true face at the time. Plastic surgery might change it but wearing a mask and thinking 'Batman is my true face and name' won't save you from anything, that's just you being insane.
>>
>>85038864
He'd probably be able to kill him assuming he knows about Batman but Batman doesn't know about the death note

He could threaten to kill innocents/criminals until Batman reveals his identity
If Light's willing to abandon his ideals he could just kill literally everyone who has ever lived in Gotham. Might take a while though
>>
>>85041618
There's also the Shinigami eyes if you ever need confidence in writing someone's name.
>>
>>85038864
No, but he would be a perfect match for Batwoman.
>>
>>85041618
b-but how will Batman win??
>>
>>85041665
I like this answer the most. It would also make the most engaging plot if, for whatever stupid reason, someone actually wrote it out into a story. Batman trying to figure out how he's doing the murders and slowly piecing it together with help from his mystic allies.
>>
>>85041618
So if someone was Trans, it'd be impossible to write their face down because their true self is either the opposite gender or the gender they transitioned into? Would their birthname work or the legal name they changed?
>>
>>85041618
I doubt that mystical life ending artifact of godlike power cares what is in the national registry, if it did then L's name wouldn't have been what it was because his birth name was different.

It probably goes by what you answer to, not a nickname or a fake name or etc, but what you answer to on a soul deep level. Otherwise you could avoid a Deathnote just by changing your name secretly with your government.

If I am wrong, then post the page that where Kira and Ryuuk are talking and Ryuuk goes "You better check their driver's license or their passport to make sure, otherwise it won't work!"

And I doubt that Kira would start randomly killing innocents, because he is obsessed with his own godhood and being the 'savior of the world' and etc. He wouldn't want to risk everyone including his church turning against him because he goes on a random killing spree. Even when he was craziest I don't remember her going random killing spree, he would kill prisoners and criminals as easily as political figures and etc, but he doesn't lash out at the public because that is where his political power comes from.
>>
File: 1394409148724.jpg (45KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
1394409148724.jpg
45KB, 400x270px
>>85041618
>Your name is your legal name given to you based on a family registry.
Chotto matte kudasai

How to use XXX
>The names you will see with the eye power of a god of death are the names needed to kill that person.
>You will be able to see the names even if that person isn't registered in the family registration.
The importance of the family registry is only so much.
>>
>>85040855
Oh, any old way. Booster Gold's records of the future, for instance. Or the library on Paradise Island.
>>
>>85041883
>I doubt that Kira would start randomly killing innocents
All Kira has to do is kill criminals under the justification that they deserve it. Batman loves stopping heroes from killing people, it's his kink.
>>
>>85041182
Would the Death Note work on Joker since nobody knows his real name?
>>
>>85038864
>Batman goes on his supercomputer and types "who is kira"
>gets at least 10 hits from google
Be honest, Batman doesnt do detective work nowadays.

He wasnt even that good back then. Fucking retard kept getting his fuckbois killed and didnt even know there were 3 jokers running around
>>
>>85039510
Come to think of it, Light is much more likely to want to kill the Joker, and much less likely to succeed.
>>
>>85041967
I thought it was joe carr? Or is that just a joke?
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 1264x803px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 1264x803px
>Lights face when Batman calls in batgirl, nighthawk, and robin to fuck his shit
>>
>>85038955
He would probably really like Bruce Wayne desu
>>
>>85042024
Jest.
>>
>>85041967
Shinigami eyes would give you something that would work.
>>
File: deadman_adams.gif (245KB, 432x671px) Image search: [Google]
deadman_adams.gif
245KB, 432x671px
What if Deadman is looking for Kira?
>>
>>85041883
>And I doubt that Kira would start randomly killing innocents

When his double starts going nuts and announcing that he's going to start killing people that he deems lazy or simply not beneficial to society instead of just criminals, Light's response is "What is that idiot doing! We're not supposed to start that plan for another year or two!"
>>
File: file.png (952KB, 500x742px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
952KB, 500x742px
Could he defeat Batman?
>>
>>85041883
>because his birth name was different.
L changed his birth name when he was adopted. It doesn't matter what his name was previous, Lawliet is his legal name. The series makes it explicitly clear alias don't work.
>>
>>85041883
>Otherwise you could avoid a Deathnote just by changing your name secretly with your government.

In theory that's possible and actually a great idea. Much more practical than getting surgery to change your face.
The problem is no one in the series ever thought of it and because the series is over no one ever will.

But I can see Bruce considering that as a strategic option.
>>
File: tumblr_mmnd5bHI681s7oiu3o1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mmnd5bHI681s7oiu3o1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x389px
>>85042078
>Batman's face when L ends up finding out the identities of and killing batgirl, nighthawk and robin because he thought the 3 of them together could outsmart him
>>
Put L and the Joker in the same locked room together for one hour.

What happens?
>>
File: file.png (265KB, 642x1023px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
265KB, 642x1023px
>>85042528
>Bruce secretly changes his name to Bluce Mayne
>"accidentally" allows Kira to discover his identity
>Kira tries re-writing the name several times when it doesn't work the first time
>Bluce becomes immune to the Death Note due to the misspelling a name rule

masterful keikaku
>>
Would the death note work against someone who's immortal?
>>
>>85042677
But that assumes that Bruce knows of the Death Notes existence, not to mention all of the rules.
>>
>>85042757
What if Light wrote Vandal Savage's or Doomsday's name in the notebook?
>>
>>85039438
You're a big guy.
>>
>>85041883
>I doubt that mystical life ending artifact of godlike power cares what is in the national registry
It LITERALLY lists that in the "How to Use It" as the way the name is detetmined.
>>
>>85042813
It's not clear if the Death Note used plain works on animals or even aliens, or at least the version the Shinigami preying over human society use.
Someone like Resurrection Man would be a better scenario, as for Vandal the fact the Shinigami can be killed if they attempt to use it to save a human life suggests it likely has the ability to nullify extended lives instantly. No word on what happens if someone is capable of coming back from the dead or resurrected though.
>>
>>85043096
What would the lifespan of an immortal look like to a shinigami, if they kill them does the shinigami become immortal?
>>
>>85043096
Well Doomsday can't be killed the same way twice, so he would probably come back and be unaffected by it again.

>Light furiously writes "Doomsday" into the notebook as the monster chases him.
>Panics has he has no idea why it's not working.
>>
Say he kills Batman, L, Near & Mello all without Misa or Mikami's BS Death Eyes

What can he do to stop the Joker?
>>
>>85043283
Not entirely, the Death Note instigates a death, it's an indirect weapon that just causes the characters demise. Doomsday cannot become immune to a magical book that insta-deaths you.

A more plausible scenario would be he'd write that Doomsday explodes or gets crushed on Mars or something. But than Doomsday survives and becomes immune. The next time Death wrote his name he'd have to come up with a different way to kill him, every time.

This forgoeing the whole "Only works on humans" claus.
>>
>>85038864
what happens if you write the shinigamis name?
what happens if you write that someone else takes the dead note, makes the pact, kills someone, gives you the dead note back and kills himself?
what happens if you write that two people shoot each other at the same time?
what happens if you write person y dies after killing person z but person x dies after saving persons zs life?
>>
>>85041851
Trans works the same as an other person changing their name and getting plastic surgery, it's what their born with that counts. Societies that don't name people until they become adults on the other hand, the children could be immune.
>>
>>85043533
1)Nothing happens.
2)They'd just die of a Heart Attack before any of that occurs, it's violating too many rules I think
3)They'd probably die of a heart attack. People cannot kill or cause other's deaths under the Note's influence.
4)See 3
>>
>>85040718
Not him, but it does work.

If he writes down "L. dies of spaghetti poisoning" it won't work because L is not his real name. Same thing. Bruce Wayne isn't his true identity- it's just a mask he uses. Batman is his true self.
>>
>>85043572
> it's what their born with that counts
This system is way too flawed. What do you mean "What their born with", them as a baby? Does the Death Note user have to see them born as a baby infant?

What if a would-be victim decided to intentionally burn their own face so the original 'born as' face could never be seen, could the Death Note work on them then?
>>
>>85043614
wait, light makes the bus driver kill people
>>
File: 1469563480919.jpg (111KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
1469563480919.jpg
111KB, 1300x867px
Does the Deathnote work on beings of immense might? Maybe if I were to write Thanos, Galactus, Odin, all the necessary shit so on and so forth. Would the book's power be capable of killing them or would I just be putting a big ass target on my head?
>>
>>85043614
what if you write someone dies and then another person dies after successfully resurrecting the first person from his heart attack?
>>
>>85043636
>Bruce Wayne isn't his true identity- it's just a mask he uses. Batman is his true self.

That's a pure crackpot theory.
L doesn't work because that's not his real name and if he knew his Legal name and wrote it, it'd kill him.
The Death Note isn't that sophisticated you know. It's incredibly basic, literal and pragmatic.
>>
>>85043533
>>85043614
>>85043696
You can't write "Person A kills Person B before dying"
But you can write something like "Person A begins wildly firing his gun and then dies from a stray bullet from elsewhere" "Person B begins wildly firing his gun and then dies from a stray bullet from elsewhere" and the Death Note would make these work. If you just wrote the first one then Person A would die of a heart attack if they're not in a scenario where it's physically possible for a bullet to come from somewhere.
>>
>>85043729
Works only on humans
>>
>>85043696
He outsmarted it didn't he?
The trick with the rule is you cannot make them kill people "Intentionally"

But like say you write that someone piloting a plane will die right above a major city- you're gonna crash a fuck load of people that way and can kill loads, abit without stating it so in the deathnote.

>>85043744
They both get heart attacks.
Unless your wrote them as separate deaths. But I was always interested in the concept of resurrection.

Like what if you took a syringe injection to stop your heart for 2-3 minutes right when you knew the time of death occurs, making you technically dead already. But then injected the anti-thesis to reactive your heart after that timer had gone by.
>>
>>85043744
>>85043783
>>
File: 1457371830271.png (257KB, 224x414px) Image search: [Google]
1457371830271.png
257KB, 224x414px
>>85043745
>That's a pure crackpot theory
I mean, not really. He isn't the person he acts like when he's Bruce Wayne. Every single thing that identity represents is nothing like the real man inside. But I digress.

We're already talking about a damned Death Note / Batman crossover. I really don't think bending the arbitrary and dumb rules of the book slightly is that big of a deal. I mean what, does it wait until the government finishes up your birth certificate and just uses that? What if you have your legal name changed every single month since you were born? What if you're like Jason Bourne and you don't have a "real" name?

Basing it on a legal name is goddamned silly. It's a magical fucking notebook. It should be based on what's in the persons heart, or spirit, or whatever.
>>
>>85043840
light shagami is an alternate universe version of timmy turner i get it.
Of course its sepparate deaths
>>
>>85043368
He can create a circumstance to kill Joker indirectly, like writing "Harleen Quinzel commits a murder-suicide on her lover" or "Damien Wayne suicide bombs a serial killer with green hair".
>>
>>85043889
Anon, by your theory you could escape death not only with a legal name change but a short Clockwork Orange session as well.

>Bruce knows that Light knows that he's batman
>The Deathnote may kill him
>He gets his super friends to temporarily brainwash his Bruce Wayne or Batman identity away so it's either one or the other, with no knowledge of himself
>Because he no longer considers himself Batman or Bruce it doesn't work
Yeah I doubt it'd be that generous or simple to trick the Deathnote but it'd be interesting to see.
>>
>>85040765
That just means he gets to be Batman full time. Bruce Wayne is just Batman's mask
>>
>>85043840
The death note subtracts the time out of the victim's lifespan, so they couldn't be revived.
>>
>>85043949
Not like that, since it'd give her auto-heart attack.
The trick with using the Death Note is you cannot specifically state that a person will kill or slaughter other people.

You'd have to write it like
"Harleen Quinzel blows herself up at 3:00 time taking out a building with her" and plan to have the Joker there at exactly the right time, or use two deaths and write
"Joe Carr goes to meet his love and dies of an explosion at 3:00."

Weirdly as long as you don't directly mention that the deaths are related and responsible for each other it should work.
>>
File: file.png (373KB, 642x1023px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
373KB, 642x1023px
>>85043949
You can not influence the death of someone else, without writing the second person as another entry.

Otherwise Light could've easily killed L by writing something like "Soichiro Yagami: While at meeting at X:00PM goes crazy from the stress caused by the suspicion around his son, and shoots the other members of the investigation before committing suicide."
>>
>>85044073
But with a dead billionaire persona he couldn't be able to help out as a philanthropist. The city can't be healed with fists and asylums themselves.
>>
>>85043840
>Like what if you took a syringe injection to stop your heart for 2-3 minutes right when you knew the time of death occurs, making you technically dead already. But then injected the anti-thesis to reactive your heart after that timer had gone by.
>>85043889
>What if you have your legal name changed every single month since you were born? What if you're like Jason Bourne and you don't have a "real" name?

So are any of these concepts dealt with in Death Note? Can somebody who actually read/watched it let me know? Because frankly that's a big fuck up if nobody ever even once tried that syringe shit. Seems like a big missed opportunity writing-wise. Same thing with the multiple identities.
>>
>>85044158
What if they wrote it incredibly non-specific, like
>"Soichiro Yagami: While at meeting at X:00PM goes crazy from the stress caused by the suspicion around his son,starts spraying bullets everywhere throughout the room and continues firing randomly until he dies"

And write the other entries as
>"At X:00PM L will die from a stray bullet that happens to be shot and passing by."
And making sure X:00 happens to be the exact timing when those bullets will hit someone?
>>
>>85044181
That's why Tim becomes the new philanthropist.

>>85044236
Not who you're talking to, but the latter wouldn't work because L isn't his real name.
>>
>>85044236
That would work, but requires him to know L's real name in order to write a death for him.
>>
>>85044226
That sounds really fucking impossible to try because if you stopped your heart for even one minute you are just, outright dead.
Dead
e
a
d.
There's no way any syringe or electrical shock could help, your brain would starved and gone and organs would've shut down. Even if you survived miraculously you'd be a vegetable.

As for the Lazarus Pit... different story. That's Magic vs Magic.
>>
File: 5s6JpgY.gif (2MB, 186x170px) Image search: [Google]
5s6JpgY.gif
2MB, 186x170px
This series really went to shit without L.
>>
>>85044300
People have had their hearts stopped for over 45 minutes having quite literally died, and been revived just fine. Now obviously that's an extreme example, but 10-20 minutes is easily within the realm of possibility. And I'm not even asking for that. I'm asking for like 3.

It would work. And I think it's silly if in fact Death Note never touched upon this.
>>
File: 1469504478451.jpg (380KB, 1007x811px) Image search: [Google]
1469504478451.jpg
380KB, 1007x811px
>>85043729
LOOK OUT THAT KID HAS A SCISSOR!
>>
>>85038864
>Keep in mind he has to discover Bruce's identity and name first before he can use the book properly.

Is that based on legal identity or self-image? Because I think he's Batman first and Bruce Wayne second.
>>
>>85044369
>People have had their hearts stopped for over 45 minutes having quite literally died
Those people have always had support systems in play and complicated machines keeping them alive during.

Which of course, I'm not saying Batman couldn't pull off because he's Batman and could get a shitload of expensive medical teams to consult on it and make sure it works, but I'm just saying it's a convoluted ass way to save yourself from a mystical artifact. Plausible but still implausible.

The reason they didn't try it in Deathnote was because they didn't have time or the resources to hook themselves up to machines or have doctors waiting to Syringe them back to life, like a billionaire might be able to do. It would've been too risky to even consider trying.
>>
>>85041618
What would he have to write for Superman? Clark Kent or Kal-El?
>>
>>85044226
The deathnote kills the victim and in doing so it removes any time they had left to live. If someone is fated to get run over tomorrow and a deathnote kills them today, they lose that day. They can't be revived because they have no more time left to live.
>>
>>85044407
The book explicitly states legal identity.
So the question is.. would Bruce have the balls to change his name to Batman or some other identity. He could try it, but if Light checked the "List of changed names last month" than he'd easily find out and just kill all of those people.
>>
>>85043745
>L doesn't work because that's not his real name
L considers himself L. It's not even a secondary name like how Mihael is Mello or Near is Nate, L is just L. All Light needed was his assumed last name Lawliet and it would have worked.
If Light dug up L's actual name his dead parents gave him it would have likely done bupkis.
The Death Note IS very specific and sophisticated, that is why there are rules and why when rules aren't followed it defaults to Heart Attack or nothing happening.
>>
>>85044467
His Earth Name I'd imagine.
But it doesn't matter because he's not human and Death Note rules states it doesn't work on non-humans. Because other aliens like, don't have souls or something.
>>
File: kidnapper holding noose.jpg (133KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
kidnapper holding noose.jpg
133KB, 1300x866px
>>85043729
Why is no one stopping the Stock Photo Bandit?
>>
>>85042222
What if a child is never named?
>>
>>85044453
>>85044480
>Those people have always had support systems in play and complicated machines keeping them alive during.
Um, no? People have died of hypothermia and been CPR'd back to life. And that's just one example.

Imagine this scene, but Death Note:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j9b31PQXKk

Killing yourself to skip over the intended death. Like I said, it doesn't matter if it works or not, I'm just saying that it would've been cool if somebody tried it. Especially if it happened right near the end of the series after you've already been convinced that once your name is written, you can't escape the Death Note.
>>
>>85044544
>Because other aliens like, don't have souls or something
Wow, fuck off, Luthor.
>>
>However, there are ways to kill a god of death, which are not generally known to the god of death.

How do you kill a god of death? They're the gods of death.
>>
>>85044544
You don't understand Death Note logic.
In Death Note world there are no souls. No spirit, no afterlife, no deep down or humanity or compassion. The book takes your life and that's it.
>>
>>85044579
Yeah but as far as 'Heart stopping' goes there are was to keep pumping blood artificially and prop you alive for a bit. It's not practical but can be done.

But it'd be a huge mindfucking question to ask what the Death Note considers 'life' at that point. Would Freezing yourself work? What if you just downloaded all your memories onto a flash drive with advanced Superhero tech, cloned a body and just plain killed yourself. (Only to have a friend upload the flash drive into the clone later)
>>
Why doesnt he just get a gun and shoot batman in the chin?
>>
>>85044324
It's a good thing the live action movie fixed that
>>
>>85044588
>He's never read Kubo Tite's finest work
The entire series is about assholes trying to overcome the tyranny of Death gods and kill those motherfuckers.
>>
>>85044644
He'd have to find him first, and if he lured him do you think he'd have a shot at shooting at him? Batman's fought against gangs and crooks, some with military training.
>>
>>85044588
A Shinigami dies if they use their Death Note to purposefully extend someone's life beyond its natural length.

>Person is fated to die from a shooting
>Shinigami kills the shooter just before it's supposed to happen
>Person no longer has any lifespan left, but the circumstance of their death has been erased
>The shinigami's own remaining lifespan is transferred to the human to correct the paradox, killing the shinigami
>>
>>85044579
That was for 15 seconds, maybe less that Bond was dead.

Brain damage starts to occur like 30 seconds in with oxygen deprivation and after 3 or 4 minutes you're basically a vegetable. Longer than that you're dead.
>>
File: 1371422857581.gif (601KB, 291x386px) Image search: [Google]
1371422857581.gif
601KB, 291x386px
>>85044324
Damn straight, unlike the fake Kiras there wasn't anything specifically interesting about multiple Ls.
Though I'll say during and after Light's Keikaku Doori there was a missed opportunity to make amnesiac Light realize he really enjoyed working with L, his father and the police and have him try to become Wammy House's true L instead of just derailing the Kira investigation under the name. It felt so weak, and unlike the intimidating scene of Light regaining his memories as Kira and killing the fake Kira, Higuchi, there was really nothing intimidating for me when Near pointed out Light wasn't the real L.
Near couldn't really do anything to Light, had done light compared to L and in the end sort of just rode on the efforts of L, Mello and the agents around him. He was clever, but not that much.

I mean the one thing about L is he puts himself in the Lion's cage as bait and still manages to make the beast inside feel cornered. Light knew that L knew that Kira suddenly slowing down or stopping or subverting any information the investigation uncovered would imply someone in the investigation was Kira or providing Kira with information. But vice versa if Light didn't react to things he would either have to manually put himself in a tight spot and possibly get caught or risk still making a pattern of just ever so slightly reacting to some things that weren't detrimental and not others.

It's such a simple and blunt strategy but Light was constantly sweating under L's pressure, this is despite the fact Light was not only the son of the police chief and had access to everything needed to avoid getting caught and figure out L's name to kill him. This was a next level gambit against an opponent who has all the odds in their favor, L only lost because Light played Misa and Rem who were outside elements L could not account for. i.e. this was a situation where a Deus Ex Machina saved the villain, not the hero.
>>
>>85044761
You keep saying these things but you are wrong about them. I've already made it clear people have been dead for far longer and come back just fine. But even if that weren't true, you only need a few seconds- just enough to time kill yourself before your intended death, then quickly defib/adrenaline yourself back alive.
>>
>>85042078
>>85042580
>Nighthawk
Fucking pleb.
>>
Batman thinks of himself as Batman so i guess it depends on how much he needs to picture his face?

i hated the episode i watched because he was a shit and there was no tension of anything.
>>
>>85044891
>he was a shit
Well, yeah, psychopathic villains usually are.
>>
>>85044588
They call themselves gods of death, but they mention their own biology, evolution, and reproduction. The deathnotes are what make them immortal, and led to them banning reproduction. They aren't real gods, just living creatures with magic books.
>>
File: 1468392964065.jpg (40KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1468392964065.jpg
40KB, 640x425px
There was an /a/ thread a long while ago about this series. Everyone was complaining about how silly Light went about conducting his master plan in which if you looked at it in retrospect, made him seem kinda dumb. As if the writer really didn't know what he was doing for the most part and everybody else reading was too caught up in the hype to realize at the time. How true was this for people who've seen the series?

Thought about giving it a watch, but I'm not too sure.
>>
>>85044966
Light made a lot of mistakes that are obvious in retrospect. But that was due to his overconfidence, and L being more autistic than him.
>>
>>85044761
>oxygen deprivation

We're talking about being dead here.
It's distinct but being deprived of oxygen =/= your Heart stopping. Try to think more critically about this, there are always ways about it.
>>
>>85044966
he's a cunt, and cunts never think they're cunts.

it's a fault of the character, not of the writing.

I mean, believe me, the writing sucks balls after a certain thing happens, but before that there as nothing to complain about.
>>
>>85044824
>>85044761
>>85044579
>>85044480
>>85044453
>>85044369
>>85044300
>>85044226
LISTEN UP MY RUBBER NEN
>>
>>85044915

but not in a fun way, it's not fair to jump to the goat but he's no Hannibal Lecter
>>
>>85044579
The deathnote knows if a death is possible or not, and if the victim were going to outmaneuver the planned death then the note already knows this and kills them anyway. It would likely just force whoever or whatever machine would do the revival to fail. A person can't survive a deathnote because it removes whatever allows humans to live and either transfers it to the Shinigami user or discards it if a human uses it.
>>
>>85044588
I know how /co/ gets with the whole real/assumed gods thing but whatever the case The Shinigami are like the Asgardians in that they're certainly supernatural beings but human society's nomenclature and beliefs about them are a matter of interpretation for the most part.

Ryuuk and Rem get it across that their society is not very dignified or deified. They just happen to be a group of beings who have the means to influence and kill humans which to a human would seem like gods or demons with some sort of intended authority, the Shinigami don't give a shit about human society though just as long as there are some lives left to reap. In fact one can assume the Shinigami who glanced down to see the antics with Kira clued onto the likelihood something was afoot but couldn't be bothered to stop it or inform the Head Honcho.

Speaking of which while certainly still a threat on their own the Shinigami are not innately capable of inducing death. They are given the Death Note by a King, how he came to be and why he does what he does isn't clear. It's not even clear if he produces the Death Notes himself.
>>
>>85045033
>le death note becomes bad after ladies meme
>>
File: tumblr_static_baccano.jpg (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_baccano.jpg
1MB, 1440x900px
Would the Deathnote work on Baccano immortals?

Would it work on Claire?
>>
>>85044824
>I've already made it clear people have been dead for far longer and come back just fine.
How about actually backing that up with some specific cases instead of "I heard about some guys that came back after dying?".

I wager you can't find 3 actual cases of clinical brain death, where someone was revived.
>>
>>85042319
Yeah. Batman doesn't have a stand, so he can't see stands.
>>
>>85045015
being deprived of oxygen and your heart stopping =/= the clinical/legal definition of death either.
>>
>>85043636
>Bruce Wayne isn't his true identity- it's just a mask he uses. Batman is his true self.
No, it isn't, the one who adopted and raised Dick, helps charities, cares and helps his employees that's all Bruce.
The entire fugitive arc pretty much consisted in Batman pretending that Bruce is mask and everyone else calling that bullshit.
>>
File: RCO056_1464169284.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO056_1464169284.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>85045575
>>
>L tells everyone Light is the bad guy
>"That can't be right, L! He's the chief's son!"
>L dies and the series takes a nosedive in quality

>Movie version
>"Seeing as how you are literally the world's greatest detective, we will believe you"
>Light dies and everyone wins
>>
>>85046047
near is better than L
>>
>>85046156
>shit opinions the post
>>
>>85046047
More like:
>They test Light many times but Light always proves himself innocent
>They don't unjustly imprison Light based on the suspicions of a weirdo who admits Light passed his tests
>>
>>85046156
L>>>Melow>Near>>>>>Matt
>>
>>85045635
So basically batman is a child.
>>
>>85046232
According to Mello Matt wasn't even trying, he preferred to just play video games.
>>
File: 1458440134515.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1458440134515.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>85045575
I've always felt like the most honest scenes with him are the ones where he's wearing the suit but not the mask
>>
>>85046167
my tastes are pretty good though

>>85046232
Teru Mikami=Near>L=Light>Mello
>>
>>85043889
What if you wrote down the name of someone who has a twin with the same name, would they both die?
>>
>>85046244
No he's his father's ideals.
>>
>>85046724
Depends who's face you've seen first probably. Even if they're identical it's still technically a different face although it would be super easy to kill the wrong one if you knew both of their faces
>>
File: faggot.png (818KB, 727x504px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
818KB, 727x504px
Why does everyone hate him?
>>
>>85046783
I liked him, I liked how he didn't seem like a copy and paste of L like Near was.
>>
>>85046202
>They don't unjustly imprison Light based on the suspicions of a weirdo

Literally the world's greatest detective. As in that is his title. If they took Light in the first time L suggested it (like they should have) then that would have been it.
>>
Death gets off her perky goth ass and smacks ryuk for fucking around in her universe.
>>
>>85044750
That just makes an even bigger paradox, what if the Shinigami has a lifespan of a million years? Does the human keep aging for a million years or just stay the same?
>>
>>85046783
I like he did a load of edgy shit like indirect get the us president to kill himself
>>
>>85046047
Why didn't they still go through with L's plan after he died?
>>
>>85046783
I think the problem was that people assumed the endgame would be L and it ended up going on for ages past that. It would be like a Batman movie where he rapes the joker into submission 40 minutes in and spends the rest of the time fighting some B-lister.

Mello isn't a bad antagonist, but L was better and was set up from the start.
>>
>>85047055
Light took over.
>>
>>85046971
Implying Death would care.
>>
>>85047075
So? L said the entire case would be solved, and Light didn't immediately take over as the new L.
>>
>>85040264
If be wrote Clark Kent would it work? Or would it have to Kal El?
>>
>>85042222

Considering Joker changes his "reality" often, how do we know he might be able to both believe and deny names for himself?
>>
who was that matt guy and why was he so popular when all he had was a death scene?
>>
>>85047078
She wouldn't care about people dying but a shinigami gets life from ending a life before it's rightful time she would get pissed ryuk was screwing with the system.
>>
>>85044324

Eh, even before then they could have had done better in some aspects, namely Light's morality. He just embraces becoming Kira too easily. Sure, he has some reservations at first, but quickly takes to the whole "A god am I" ideal like it was a no brainer. If anything, he should have had some complications that solidify his reasoning for being Kira, his purpose and its necessity.
>>
>>85047140
honestly just detour all that mess by using the DN to make Harley kill him while his back is turned then kill herself
>>
>>85044226
The big problem with this is that most people don't know about the notebook. They just assume Kira can kill people when ever he wants regardless of rules. As the series went on yea some of the rules were known or found out but not all of them.
>>
>>85047120
It wouldn't work on Superman period because he's not human, he's kryptonian.
>>
I don't feel like replying to anyone in particular.

Lifespans in Death Note aren't measured in years, but are said to be some complex equation that isn't explained.
>>
>>85040846
That kinda happened
>>
>>85043636
>Batman is his true self.

Hi Zack
>>
>>85046724
You have to be thinking of the person when you write their name. Even if they're identical, you'd distinguish the two mentally.

>>85042598
L dies
The endless sugar rush that was sustaining him runs out, causing his heart to stop.

>>85043156
Theoretically, yes. The immortal should eventually die somehow, even if it's just because time itself has ended. The Shinigami would get all of those years between now and then.

However, you'd need to find out a method to actually kill the immortal. Saying X dies of heart attack doesn't work if a heart attack cannot kill X.

>>85047010
DN Shinigami tend towards laziness. Why kill people to extend your life when your life is endless boredom? Shinigami boredom is literally what started the series.

One of them was even at risk of running out of time because he'd lost his Note.

>>85045155
I'm not familiar with Baccano
If they're human and can be killed, the Death Note will work - but unless a heart attack can kill them you'd need to specify the manner of their death.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.