[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw it. Anyone want to talk about it? I thought that, as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: fantastic-four-2015.jpg (389KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
fantastic-four-2015.jpg
389KB, 1200x675px
Just saw it.
Anyone want to talk about it?

I thought that, as an adaptation, it's absolutely disgusting.
As a movie, it had potential. Some elements I liked, and then they shat the bed and changed everything into a splosionsfest with little coherent story around it. And the resolution is just dumb.

Especially the part where an action sequence starts for no reason, brings nothing to the story, and finishes in a nonsensical " we're like this now, that's who we are!" situation that happens way too fast.
>>
>>84967429
I also saw it recently and it was much worse than I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be boring, not incoherent and bizarrely paced. The first and second half could not feel more different and the quippy Easter egg ending feels so tacked on.
>>
They're still making a sequel to this?

Also, why is it so hard to just have the F4 in a lighthearted adventure exploring some weird place?

Why does Hollywood never capitalize on what makes an IP original?
>>
>>84967773
Because its not safe. Look at it this way.

You spend a thousand dollars on some product that you need to get across country.

Do you hire a trucking company that's been in the busniess a long time and has made a lot of successful runs before, or someone new and fresh who has exciting new ideas about shortcuts?

Might it be better to give the new guy a break? Sure. You could even make more money if his shortcut works out. But if you don't, you're the one out a thousand bucks.

I mean the metaphor isn't perfect because Trank was a new kid with bold exactly the same ideas who alienated his bosses, actors, fanbase, and destroyed a house while high on coke.
>>
> Doom is using pure energy!
> I, the science guy, have an idea
> Let's throw the fucker into the dangerous vortex and see if it does anything
>>
>>84969467
And also totaled his shot at making a SW film
Mind talking about the house coke thing
>>
>>84967773
Since Jordan is now in the MCU and starts shooting Black Panther beginning next year, it's official that this piece of shit won't get a sequel, since Fox said it would come out July 2017.
>>
>>84969534
>Doom is the source!
AND HOW DO YOU KNOW? THE DUDE HAS SUPERNATURAL POWERS
>>
>>84967773

Marvel cant even do it with comics, they can't embrace the zany 60s shit about it.
>>
>>84969715
Please stop taling like Marvel comics being unable to do something is indicative of anything.
>>
>>84969846

Because Fox not doing it with superhero movies is indicative of something?
>>
>>84969871
Oh, I'm not the guy you originally responded to.
>Because Fox not doing it with superhero movies is indicative of something?
It isn't either; case in point: Deadpool.
>>
>>84967429
I was mostly disappointed it wasn't bad enough to be funny.
>>
>>84969956

One movie among dozens of attempts huh? I bet you think marvel doesn't have a single good comic out. Just give it up, faggot.
>>
>literally made to keep the IP
No wonder it's horrible.
>>
>>84967429
Better than BvS and MoS because it at least kept a decent pace and it only shit on most of the source material rather than all of it.

About on par with Ghostbusters 2016.

Still not as bad as Green Lantern and Ghost Rider.
>>
>>84970151
Dude I loathe both BvS and MoS, but they're definitely better than F4.

BvS at least had the Batman bunker fight and MoS had the first flight, F4 literally had no good scenes.
>>
>>84967429
I dug the Lovecraftian elements
>>
>>84970151
>Better than BvS and MoS
no
>>
It makes Rise of the Silver Surfer look good. It's almost like they said, "How can we make our interpretation of these characters the worst one yet?"
>>
>>84970024
Since you admit to reading Marvel and their SJW comics, chances are, you are the faggot between the two of us.
>>
>>84970202
True, it didn't have any really stellar scenes, but I was too distracted in BvS and MoS by the garbage to actually get sucked into it. By the time it reached the good fight scenes I was already too busy regretting wasting the time watching to care, and angry about how badly it had fucked things up. In Fan4stic I at least made it to Doom's Akira moment without completely checking out.

I mean, it was terrible, don't get me wrong. But it didn't have moments that were undefendebly bad early on, like Pa in the tornado and Eisenluthor. By the time the good parts of the DC ones came, I had already stopped giving a shit.

Overall, the F4 reboot was worse. But I didn't hate it as much.
I don't know if that makes sense or not, but that's how I feel.
Watching MoS and BvS makes me angry, watching Fant4stic is just disappointing.
>>
>>84967429
I didn't think it was that bad but I don't pay to see movies I get all mine from the local library for free
>>
>>84970406
Both of the Big Two are pandering, dumbass.
Black Flash, Muslim Lantern and Girl Lantern, Asian Superman, The Movement, and so on.

Marvel axtually gets points because at least Ms. Marvel is good. The rest is just cash grab shit as the two circle the same fad.
>>
>>84970502
DC is dialing it back though compared to Marvel.
Also a Girl Latern is hardly anything strange since the Corp is made up of a lot of characters
>>
>>84970724
Its all shit though.

Like I said, Ms. Marvel is good, so in my eyes Marvel is the better one of the two in regards to this random pandering using mantles they're both doing.

Seriously, why was Simon Baz so shit? How can a character so angsty end uo so vanilla?
>>
>>84970796
DC doesn't have a teenage team that is almost made up of fags, so there's that.
>>
>>84967429
imagine a ff movie actually set in the sixties with a really kind of goofy premises that is really unashamed of its' source material.

in fact, imagine if any /co/ movie was made like this.

The closest i can think of was that sizzle reel for the Daredevil movie. Even though it will never be made and I'm happy with the netdicks series, can't help but wonder what would've happened if Joe Carnahan'd gotten his hands on DD.
>>
File: image.jpg (350KB, 954x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
350KB, 954x733px
>>84971076
No, but it had The Movement and The Green Team.

Throwing stones, glass houses.

Ms. Marvel is good, so out of the two pandering companies one of them actually did it right one time out of...is anyone even keeping track of how much of this shit they've both been making anymore?
>>
>>84967429
Actor in the middle playing M. Fantastic has an extremely punchable face.
>>
>>84971359
Watch Whiplash and you can see him get slapped by JK Simmons
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.