[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wait, so was this Batman (the movie): The Animated Series, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
Wait, so was this Batman (the movie): The Animated Series, or Batman (the comic): The Animated Series? The movie that reinvented Batman as dark and not-campy in the eyes of the public just came out a few years earlier, and there was a trend of adapting movies into children's cartoons.
>>
It was an animated adaptation taking elements from pretty much every version of the character, so it's the animated series of both the comic and the movie.
>>
>>84953206
It's a fusion of both, a perfect fusion no less.
>>
>>84953206
It was Batman (the concept): The Animated Series
>>
>>84953206
It was based on the characters of Batman comic books, but using influences at the time of the then current (and incredibly popular) Burton movies (Cobblepot being fat dwarf with flipper hands, blond Selina Kyle, Danny Elfman soundtrack)
>>
>>84954678
>Danny Elfman soundtrack
They only used the main theme from Elfman's OST for the OP and nothing else, in the actual show Shirley Walker's theme was used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge5HZuKd9Bc

And I fucking love the music she did for TAS.
It was half the experience for me.
>>
File: 3292438-5461120416-batma.jpg (55KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
3292438-5461120416-batma.jpg
55KB, 800x600px
>>84954678
i always thought Harvey Dent looked kinda black because of Billy Dee Williams
>>
>>84954741
>TAS Dent
>Nigger
Wat.
He looks tan.
>>
>>84954723
Well, she did a beautiful job in taking the influence of that main theme and meeting the challenge head on. I guess I should say "Elfman inspired", but that still slights her contribution. Either way.
>>
>>84954765
She didn't take shit from Elfman other than her new music being in similar style so as to not feel "off".
You could mix her and Elfman's music together and neither would ever feel out of place because of how perfectly they match in styles.
>>
File: fortomorrow3.jpg (309KB, 827x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fortomorrow3.jpg
309KB, 827x1024px
>>84953206
In the eyes of hardcores it was DKR and Year One, in the eyes of casual normies it was movie that led to creation of TAS. Also Byrne did same thing as Miller did with Batman, but with Superman, made him more compelling and badass character, it's that Superman movie by Burton never made and character stucked for a long long time in the eyes of normies as Reeve's version. Thanks to based Zack Snyder true Superman finally came in.
>>
>>84954751
Those features look black. It's like he was colored lighter last minute and poorly redesigned
>>
>>84954678
I always liked that Dr. Caligari-esque Penguin design, especially compared to that TNBA version that really took the "criminal menace" out of him.
>>
>>84954741
We're getting Billy Dee Two-Face in the Lego Batman Movie.
>>
File: 1463428965994.png (177KB, 708x520px) Image search: [Google]
1463428965994.png
177KB, 708x520px
>>84954933

>Thanks to based Zack Snyder true Superman finally came in.
>>
>>84953206
When casting for the Joker, the actors were specifically told "don't think Nicholson." It took influence from Burton the same way it took influence from alost everything at the time, but wasn't an adaptation of the movie continuity.
>>
>>84953206
It took influence from a lot of things, the movie included.

But it also adapted some comic stories pretty faithfully and even drew from the Fleischer Superman shorts for tone
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.