[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the flyin' fuck am I supposed to believe that no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 10

File: 01_Phil_Coulson.jpg (44KB, 525x700px) Image search: [Google]
01_Phil_Coulson.jpg
44KB, 525x700px
How in the flyin' fuck am I supposed to believe that no member of the Avengers, old or new, actually knows that Coulson is still alive?
>>
>>84949879
No one cares.
>>
>>84949879
Why would they know? Why would they care?
>>
>>84950215
>No one cares.
Given the events of the first Avengers movie, I wouldn't say no one cares.

>>84950280
>Why would they know?
Like because Coulson doesn't do shit to hide himself, travel around the world, attend events... and usually Tony Stark knows what you ate for breakfast, but can't find out Coulson is alive?
>>
>>84949879
They probably found out off screen and just haven't bothered trying to meet him on the show or talk about him in the movies. It's not like anyone's mentioned him since the first Avengers movie
>>
>>84949879
Because no one in universe or real life cares about him other then joss whedon
>>
>>84950454
>It's not like anyone's mentioned him since the first Avengers movie
That's what "bothers" me. The Avengers pretty much exists because Coulson died. Then they find out Coulson is alive... and no one cares? Why? How?
>>
>>84950509
>Then they find out Coulson is alive...
The fact is that Coulson is still dead and the show isn't canon.
>>
>>84950538
>the show isn't canon.
was this meme ever funny?
>>
>>84950487
You mean Jed.
>>
>>84950552
Never.
>>
>>84950552
It's not meant to be funny. It's just fact.
>>
>>84950327
Tony Stark knows about people he gives a shit about, to him Coulson is a corpse, a corpse doesn't have privacy to invade for a cheap laugh. They're just corpses.
>>
>>84950921
>fact
>>
>>84950921
>It's just fact.
Noo bad it's not.
>shared events between movies and tv shows
>many intercrossed references and mentions
>fuckin' Marvel itself considers movies and tv shows being part of the same universe
you just tryin' to be stupid, aren't you?
>>
File: aos.jpg (345KB, 1038x1046px) Image search: [Google]
aos.jpg
345KB, 1038x1046px
>>84949879
It's not canon, he's dead.
>>
>>84951209
>It's not canon, he's dead.
>>84950538
>the show isn't canon.
>>
>>84951158
It's only one-way continuity, though.

>inb4 Anon mentions characters who appeared in the movies first, or the helicarrier scene that was explicitly written without AoS in mind and started this whole canonicity debate to begin with
>>
>>84951158
Shared events from the movies are on the show.
Just on the show.
See how that works.
>>
>>84951240
>fish oil
>canon
>>
Because shared universe characters do not interact outside of designated crossovers.

Why didn't Captain America warn Tony about Insight and ask him for a lift instead of relying on his new less armoured buddy? Because it's Captain America movie and not Iron Man movie.
>>
>>84951252
>>84951255
That doesn't even makes sense.

>>84951280
Uhn?
>>
>>84951252
>started this whole canonicity debate to begin with
it started with whedoms retarded comment
>>
>>84951335
There's no debate though, it's not canon and a very small minority of shitposters insist it is.
>>
>>84951598
Sorry, meant to say
>it's canon and a very small minority of shitposters insist it isn't
>>
>>84951291
To be fair he couldn't really trust anyone and Tony was likely heavily monitored. A random Vet he shared a jogging route with is a better idea then running to the third guy they expect you to run to. The fact he ended up having access to supertech was a happy coincidence.
>>84951312
What doesn't make sense?
The movies never make reference to anything the shows do, even stuff that would probably be a pretty big deal in-universe. The movies however constantly make references to one another. The shows are canon, but the movies will never reference the shows in any form because they don't care. They don't even watch the shows
>>
>>84951335
How was what he said retarded?

He said he chose not to include anything from the show in the movies because he can't expect everyone who watches the movies to know stuff about the show.
>>
>>84951312
The show references the movies, but never the other way around.

This was most notable when AoS did a plot about fish oil that had important world-changing effects, but the movies never mentioned it and the writers outright stated that they don't know anything about it.
>>
>>84951683
>What doesn't make sense?
Your """logic""". Shows referencing the movies is enough to put both in the same universe (199999). One-way canon, sorry to burst your retarded bubble of stupidity, just does not exist.
Movies don't reference the show. And so what? You live in the same universe as many working neurons, but you never use any. This doesn't mean you're not canon.
You're just stupid.
>>
>>84951683
The movies barely even reference each other. They reference Avengers and AoU, but they never really reference each other's solo films. No one even mentioned how Ross has a hateboner for Banner in CW, and that's like his sole defining characteristic.
>>
>>84951815
>The movies barely even reference each other.
How in the fuckin' fuck is this a strong argument for the "AoS is not canon" theory?
Thor never ever ever mentioned or referenced, I don't know, Penny Carter? So this means Thor and Agent Carter are not canon to themselves? Jesus Christ you people are really stupid.
>>
I heard Civil War had a news crawl referring ATCU, but I never caught it. Anyone knows if it's true?
>>
>>84951805
You didn't even finish the post.
>>
>>84951915
Holy fucking shit. Triggered much? I was saying that just because the movies don't reference something doesn't mean it's not canon. Iron Man 2 is obviously canon to The Winter Soldier, they don't have to reference each other to prove it.

But if this is how you canonfags react, I can see why people insist AoS isn't canon, just to fuck with you sperging out so hard. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>84952201
>Triggered much?
Yap in fact I was. Stupidity triggers me so much.
>>
Why is will wheaton shitting up this thread?
>>
Canon is such a pointless concept anyway. It's not like canon status would increase of decrease quality of the show.

Canon is only good for discerning author's intent, which is useless for written by committee universe like MCU.
>>
>>84952294
What about your own stupidity? Because you're missing the part where I'm agreeing with you.
>>
>>84950327
>usually Tony Stark knows what you ate for breakfast

Since when?
>>
>>84952438
This

Things are canon when they need to be, and aren't when they don't. It's not like it means anything. If the movies ever feel they need to reference something for their narrative, they can and they will. If something contradicts something else, it'll be ignored or addressed.

Seriously, comics ignore and contradict each other all the time. It doesn't mean jack shit about canon.
>>
AGENTS OF SHIELD NOT CANON

MARVEL COMICS NOT CANON

NO HOOVES REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84952550

Eh, the movies will at least sometimes comment on the fact that maybe the other Avengers should be part of a solo film that they aren't in. (See Iron Man 3)
>>
>>84951158
>>shared events between movies and tv shows

No

It's events that that happen in the movies that the show latches onto in a desperate attempt to be relevant
>>
>>84952438
>It's not like canon status would increase of decrease quality of the show.

It would dramatically alter the ratings. People like things to have a sense of legitimacy. It's why the Star Wars comics sell better under Marvel than they did under Dark Horse. Marvel is a "Real" comic publisher and Dark Horse is "Literally who?"
>>
What exactly makes you think they don't know he's alive? Have they mentioned him being dead in any recent movies? I don't remember that.
>>
File: 0033.jpg (25KB, 604x408px) Image search: [Google]
0033.jpg
25KB, 604x408px
Every time I see Coulson's face, I think of this scene in The Shining.
>>
>>84952787
Bahaha no it wouldn't. Literally no one in the mainstream demographics know or care about this kind of shit. The people like us, who argue about it, are a minuscule minority and most of us torrent/stream the shows anyway which doesn't count for ratings.

Canon literally only affects the peace of mind of spergs and nothing else
>>
>>84949879
Tie-In novel says that Widow knows but she keeps it a secret.
>>
>>84952867

Yeah believe what you want dude but nobody would watch agents of shield if it wasn't linked to the MCU
>>
>>84952916
the tie-in novel has been stated to be "inspired by" the mcu, but it isn't canon itself.
>>
>>84952787
There are plenty of shows that aren't part of any shared universe, and they are doing better than AoS.

The only thing that loss of canon status would alter is that you could no longer unambiguously plug holes in movies with it.
Right now, legitimacy means "Fury has helicarrier, because Coulson built it" is canon.
If it is lost, that would turn in "AoS suggest Coulson built it, and I think it makes sense"
>>
>>84953123
No shit, just like no one would watch Gotham if it wasn't set in Gotham. But no one cares about fucking canon. No mainstream audience is watching the show going "THEY DIDNT REFERENCE THIS IN THE MOVIE, DROPPED" they're going "HEEE I UNDERSTOOD THAT REFERENCE"
>>
>>84952725
Still canon
>>
The show isnt canon to the movies, because the show is being produced by Marvel Television which is under the umbrella of Marvel Entertainment.

Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment are 2 different entities at this point, and since Feige basically told Pearlmutter to go fuck himself, none of it will ever be canon to the movies.
>>
>>84951008
makes sense he does not bother to check on him because he thinks he is dead.
cap really should know though
>>
The entire AoS show is a halucination Phil Coulson had when he died.
>>
It's hilarious how many morons are triggered by the fact that their shit show isn't canon.

I mean, if you enjoy something isn't that all that matters?

Who cares if the wider world has rejected it so thoroughly? It keeps getting new seasons by some miracle. Isn't that what you shit-heads want?
>>
Once the shows done with, I'm sure they'll bring him back in the movies with a quip or some shit like that.
>"derp, coulson, I thought you died and sheeeit"
>"It's kind of a long story"
>>
I hate that it's impossible to discuss this show because people are too lazy/ignorant to catch up so they blast their head canon in hopes we validate their childish behavior
>>
>>84953849
>I mean, if you enjoy something isn't that all that matters?
>he asks on /co/ of all places
>>
>>84955227
Do you honestly expect us to watch that piece of crap just so we can enjoy a higher level of debate on /co/?

That's a horrendous trade-off, it's just not worth it.

>it gits gud meme

I'm just so glad it's not having an effect on wider continuities.
>>
>>84955311
Then why would you still complain about the show if you don't even watch it?

It's just a waste of your own time.
>>
>>84955461
To trigger autists like you
>>
>>84955476
I'm not triggered, I'm just concerned. You seem to be the autistic one.
>>
>>84955484
Why would I spend 47 hours to watch a show that isn't canon?
>>
>>84949879
avengers are incompetent
>>
File: Drainage :).jpg (27KB, 358x443px) Image search: [Google]
Drainage :).jpg
27KB, 358x443px
>>84955461
It ain't about hating it, it's about mocking it. Mocking is fun.
>>
>>84955512
rekt
>>
>>84955461
Honest reply... Because I think its terrible.

It's my opinion. I'm allowed to possess it and share it with others.

Hating stuff can be legitimately fun.

I mean we're on /co/ - isn't wasting our time shitposting about shit that doesn't matter kind of what we do?

I might as well ask you bother why you defend it... same reason - different opinions I guess.
>>
>>84955512
Your obsession with canon seems pretty autistic.
>>
>>84955533
>isn't wasting our time shitposting about shit that doesn't matter kind of what we do?
Not for me, I like to talk to people.
>>
>>84949879

The same way you beleive Captain America can hold of War Machine and Black Panther at the same time

Or beat up Spider-man and Iron Man in the same day

The same way you beleive Falcon can outfly Iron Man, War Machine and Vision

The same way you beleive Natasha can defeat 6 armed mercenaries in close quaters in quick succession
>>
>>84955550
Says the guy obsessing over what other people do
>>
>>84955631
Stop assuming you're replying to the same guy
>>
Same way Cap thought Fury was dead or Tony didn't decrypt the files revealing his parents' killer.

Realistically, the only one who should know of Coulson being alive is Thor (with Heimdall's help).
>>
>>84953849
eblin
>>
>>84950552
More accurate than funny.
>>
>>84955566
Well, shitposting is kind of a form of talking isn't it?

I wouldn't be bad-mouthing AoS on here is I didn't also enjoy conversing with people.

Doesn't change the fact that I think the show sucks.

I suppose we could have yet another long and drawn out debate about what we do/don't like about it - but that really has been done to death. Really, exclaiming that it's not canon is just a shorthand for people who hate it to express their mockery of it.

Sorry that doesn't live up to the standards of rhetoric you expect on the internet.

>>84955640
I'm not sure that anon was. An 'obsession' can be expressed in one post. it can (perhaps wrongly) be assumed that is someone is likely to call out other people's behaviour in a particular way - that they would do so in many given circumstances.

>>84956104
this anon gets it though
>>
>>84956111
>The show sucks
What didn't you like about the last season?
>>
>>84951683
>The shows are canon, but the movies will never reference the shows in any form because they don't care. They don't even watch the shows
I think this is pretty much it. The official stance is that AoS is canon, but you know none of the people working on the films care about it. The Netflix shows are popular and acclaimed enough that I could see them being referenced lightly in the films, but AoS and Agent Carter are just network schlock which, while canon, will probably not be given any mind by the people involved in the main components of the franchise.
>>
This isn't going to be resolved until word of God says something one way or the other, isn't it?
>>
>>84954312
Because Whedon realized bringing him back was stupid.

A good death is worth way more than a cheap ressurection. Coulson's death had mean and bringing him back ruined that
>>
File: PoS.gif (2MB, 500x220px) Image search: [Google]
PoS.gif
2MB, 500x220px
>>84956131
I don't have to watch every episode - nor read every issue of something to form an opinion about something.

I watched one and a half series - way beyond where people started enjoying it.

I also have a fair number of friends who watch it out of sheer masochism so they can laugh at it. I'm relatively well-versed on all of its happenings and don't believe my opinion will have changed.

tldr; why should I watch garbage?
>>
>>84956422
So what comic shows do you like?
>>
>>84956472
I quite liked Agent Carter. Not a great deal but I thought it was at least worth staying with.

I only watched the first series and it didn't outstay its welcome.

I'm looking forward to watching Daredevil - I've got high hopes it will be something trashy and fun.

Other than my plans to catch that at some point - I don't actually watch any cape shows. None of them look up to much. I really wanted to like AoS but just couldn't bear it. Flash looks fun but I'm not bothered that I'm missing it.

I've just finished watching Twin Peaks again - as well as the Michael Palin travel shows... and am working my way through Veep, Parks and Recreations and some other bits and pieces.

I'm not saying those shows are great or anything - but the wave of comic-shows just hasn't done much to draw my attention.

I watch quite a lot of cape-cartoons though. Things I missed when I was a kid or revisiting old favourites.
>>
>>84956681
Finally, I see someone mentioning that he watches Veep. This show is criminally underrated, while being much more enjoyable and realistic show about politics than House of Cards.
>>
>>84956731
I had just finished watching Seinfeld, The Thick of It and the West Wing when Veep came along... it snuck into my schedule pretty well.

I've not seen House of Cards. I'm actually amazed I don't have more of a drive to watch it considering the fact that I really like Spacey.

There's just too much stuff out there at the moment - some of it has to slide. I can't believe I'm not watching Daredevil... but I've got plenty to keep me busy.
>>
The year following their formation and Coulson's death, the Avengers were busy with both their own shit and cleaning up Hydra together. Coulson's team at the time was hardly a blip, and after SHIELD fell they were even more off the radar.

It's less believable during "Phase 3", when Coulson becomes, on paper, part of the ATCU, and is meeting with the President, etc. Plus there's a bunch of people with powers running around. You'd think at least one of the B-team Avengers would be tasked to look into it.
>>
I love watching marvelfags get frustrated from these haha
>THEY ARE CANON SHUT UP
>>
Season 4 is probably going to address this issue and involve some tie-in to the movies again.
>>
>>84957500
I don't watch AoS but I know the definition of canon, it annoys me when I see normies trying to claim something isn't canon when they don't know what it means.

Also when it's like 3 guys trying to force a meme it's inevitably going to get obnoxious.
>>
>>84950327
>usually Tony Stark knows what you ate for breakfast

only if it's Glenfiddich Crunch
>>
>>84952201
>Triggered
This needs a wordfilter. It's hit "cuck" levels.
>>
Probably because currently SHEILD is still very much underground and still operating with a low profile. and since hes the director, he doesnt get out much outside of certain missions. And only a select few people outside of SHIELD know about his status
>>
File: Tony.jpg (63KB, 444x544px) Image search: [Google]
Tony.jpg
63KB, 444x544px
>Coulson

I thought his name was Agent.
>>
>>84950327

>and usually Tony Stark knows what you ate for breakfast

No, JARVIS knows what Tony ate for breakfeast, anon.
>>
>>84958631
>filtering words
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>84958159
>I don't watch AoS
Ah, so you don't know what you're talking about. Got it.
>>
>>84951805
>One-way canon, sorry to burst your retarded bubble of stupidity, just does not exist.
That sort of thing does exist, regardless of whether it happens here. Decades worth of tie-in novels, comics etc for shows such as Star Trek is Doctor Who: they have to stay consistent with their parent show while (for the most part) the show itself doesn't care at all about being consistent with them, let alone referencing them as a thing that happened in the world.
>>
>>84951158
No, the events of the movies are mentioned in the show but the events of the show aren't mentioned in the movies.

Honestly, just picture it as the show is a little bastard child trying to impress his father who shows him no notice.
>>
>>84949879
>http://comicbook.com/2015/04/27/joss-whedon-says-coulson-is-still-dead-as-far-as-marvel-movies-a/

As far as I’m concerned in the films, yes he’s dead. In terms of the narrative of these guys [The Avengers] his loss was very important. When I created the television show, it was sort of on the understanding that this can work and we can do it with integrity, but these Avengers movies are for people to see the Avengers movies and nothing else. And it would neither make sense nor be useful to say ‘Oh and by the way remember me? I died!’”

He's dead in the movies, but alive in the shows
>>
>>84959918
I cribbed some plot points and it seems Canon. I doubt the shitposters watch it either.
>>
>>84951750
What's the fish oil plot? I don't watch SHIELD.
>>
>>84949879
Widow and Hawkeye presumably know.
>>
Hey if Star Wars Rogue One can now make canon work both ways without you needing to watch Clone wars, Coulson showing up to say he got better is not the most impossible thing, let's face it AoS will at least be considered by the Russos for Infinity war.
>>
>>84963942
Terrigen Crystals feel into the ocean and fish oils contained trace amounts of Terrigen. people who ate the fish pills either become Inhumans or just go about their daily lives.
>>
>>84963942
Terrigen Crystals got dissolved into the ocean at the end of S2. This infected a bunch of fish with Terrigen, and when those fish got captured and used for fish oil pills, it resulted in the fish oil pills having terrigen crystals inside them. Anyone with any inhuman genes that used the pills went through terrigenesis.

This resulted in a bunch of random citizens going through terrigenesis in S3 and SHIELD having to try and track down the newly powered inhumans that were created before HYDRA did.
>>
>>84951750
>the movies never mentioned it
Vision mentioned a drastic increase in super-powered people in recent years. One can assume that this drastic increase in super-powered people was because of the inhumans.

There's a difference between not referencing something and contradicting something. The movies have yet to ever contradict the shows.
>>
File: BlackPantherAncients.jpg (21KB, 439x180px) Image search: [Google]
BlackPantherAncients.jpg
21KB, 439x180px
>>84964109
>>84964112
That sounds like crap. Glad it's not canon.
>>
Picture the scene:

The Avengers have all made nice, and they're meeting to discuss the future of the team. Coulson walks into the conference room, pours himself coffee, and sits down at the table.

How does everyone react?
>>
>>84952438
>Canon is such a pointless concept anyway.
Canon prevents writers from fucking with internal consistency and confusing fans. It may seem pointless but it's the only thing stopping writers from contradicting each other.
>>
File: 142816_0339.jpg (543KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
142816_0339.jpg
543KB, 1000x667px
>>84964311
It culminates in the best villain of the MCU.
>>
File: m5l4imPEFf1rw41szo1_500.png (202KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
m5l4imPEFf1rw41szo1_500.png
202KB, 500x375px
Same reason the Inhumans weren't so much as breathed about in Civil War, nobody gives a shit AoS until it's convenient. Standard cape protocol really

It's still canon though
>>
>>84966022
Hive was alright and the best AoS antagonist, but to say he's the best in the whole MCU is being generous.
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.