[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So there's a bunch of stuff where the art is mediocre to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: x.png (27KB, 408x379px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
27KB, 408x379px
So there's a bunch of stuff where the art is mediocre to bad, but the writing's decent enough that you'll stick with it.

What are some examples of the other way around, where the writing is terrible but the art is good enough that you'll read it anyway?
>>
>>84936720
Craption Hawkeye
Waid Daredevil
Most Millar and Benis books
>>
>>84936720
>Pic unrelated
>>
>>84936802
gets the point across, though - stick figure and pixel comics rely completely on writing, and i'm looking for the opposite, stuff that is carried entirely by art
>>
obvious example, dresden codak. the only reason anyone would read that is if they are retarded and just like pictures.
>>
>>84937832
Dresdon here, can confirm that my writing is terrible.
>>
File: Dawn Vampirella.jpg (633KB, 628x972px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn Vampirella.jpg
633KB, 628x972px
Anything by Linsner
>>
SSSS
>>
>>84936720
Ava's Demon.
Very talented artist who very obviously made a comic to promote her art without any writing skill whatsoever.
>>
>>84939606
Or maybe you like your webcomics written by white dudes, you shitlord
>>
>>84936720
You must be too young to remember the bad girl fad of the late 90s.
>>
>>84939703
No, I like them written by Ashley Cope, who is admittedly white so I guess you're half right.
>>
File: recent_searches.png (76KB, 358x453px) Image search: [Google]
recent_searches.png
76KB, 358x453px
>>84936802

XKCD is really hit and miss, but when it hits, it does jokes that no other comic would even attempt.

I'm still giggling about "opposite of safe mode".
>>
>>84939703
You realize that the artist for Ava's Demon hasn't updated her comic consistently in ages, right?
It's basically dead except she keeps trying to peddle her book volumes like it's still a live comic.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.