[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Cartoon pilots you really want to be full shows Pic re

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 13

File: obituary.jpg (209KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
obituary.jpg
209KB, 1680x1050px
ITT: Cartoon pilots you really want to be full shows

Pic related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l940bPkV1o

Apple and Onion also looks good
>>
>>84932462

That redhead guy is probably the only downside of the entire pilot to me. Everything from his design to the way he speaks feels like someone went "He needs to be as obviously less cool than the main character as possible and also look as visually different from the main character as is possible"
>>
>>84932462

This pilot was okay. I think /co/ gave it too much hate for something not trying to stand out too hard. I mean, the criticisms are right but they were also put sorta mercilessly. It has some decent potential and I'm a sucker for big-diverse-family/gang type things.

Welcome to Hell I wish was a full show though. That's a concept I'd absolutely love to see more of.
>>
File: 1439970706357.png (180KB, 398x186px) Image search: [Google]
1439970706357.png
180KB, 398x186px
>Making fun of cliches while still relying on them
No thanks, if it becomes a show it should drop the whole highschool thing and the protagonist girl and just be about the ghosts.
>>
>>84932716
OP here, I totally agree. Only parts that were boring/cringy to me were the highschool cliche things. Everything involving the ghosts was great though.
>>
File: MCDT-poster-phuzzy.png (555KB, 562x750px) Image search: [Google]
MCDT-poster-phuzzy.png
555KB, 562x750px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpAtqwx9NQ

>Just use your IMMUNE SYSTEM or whatever!
>>
>>84932462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXlmB0z8H1w
>>
>>84932785
I don't think they'd allow an actual show that looks this kiddie but with humor this black.
>>
File: Shelton_Klutzberry.png (9KB, 248x220px) Image search: [Google]
Shelton_Klutzberry.png
9KB, 248x220px
>>84933110
>>
>>84932656
I know people have a lot of mixed opinions about Welcome to Hell (mostly due to the homosexual overtones not helped by the creator clearly being into that kinda thing) but I gotta agree that its a concept worth exploring.

>>84932716
What if it were to drop the whole high school thing but keep the protagonist girl anyways? Have her a young female character separate from the typical high school archetypes that are usually attached to young girl characters and have it be about her, the ghosts, and their adventures. I mean, there's sure to be something worth exploring just in their clearly different eras.

Because yeah, the high school parts were damn near cringy.
>>
Cannon Busters. Pretty good, but with a real budget I could see them making an awesome 12 or 24-episode series.
>>
File: apple and onion.png (306KB, 759x389px) Image search: [Google]
apple and onion.png
306KB, 759x389px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EFKRo5CxhA

Apple and Onion is so based, like a more British Pickle and Peanut.

Also Onion's voice actor is god tier, can't remember his name.
>>
I wish cartoon network would do that thing they did years back where they showed a bunch of pilots and then had you vote online which one you liked best. I remember as a kid voting for Prickles the Cactus. It's good it didn't win though because Dexter's Lab won and I love that show
>>
File: ellieft.png (198KB, 590x335px) Image search: [Google]
ellieft.png
198KB, 590x335px
Wonder when we are going to get an ellie the ace animated short preview, I hope it doesn't take pirata's places as /co/'s never ever...
>>
File: 1450437173927.jpg (42KB, 529x352px) Image search: [Google]
1450437173927.jpg
42KB, 529x352px
>>84933561
>Where'd the other one go?!
>He escaped.
>>
>>84933785
You're thinking of the What A Cartoon shorts they aired, which helped launch some of the biggest hits for CN back in the day (Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, PPG just to name a few). I wanna blame the CN Real bullshit for it being gone, but I think it actually died out some time before that.
>>
>>84932462
Really? This entire pilot seemed insanely generic to me.
>>
>>84934301
For Obituary or Apple and Onion?
>>
>>84932656
I like the plot but characters need to change. Isn't the MC suppose to be a sociopath that murdered his parents and killed himself? Why is he all buddy buddy and gay with the kid he is trying to haunt? He shouldn't give a shit at all. It'd make for a shit plot if he didn't so he needs to change. I don't even care if the creator wants him to be gay, he just has a shit background/reason why this all happened.
>>
haven't you reposted this video like ten times by now?
>>
>>84934419

He's buddy buddy because he always viewed murder as a fun thing. That's been his personality from the start. He's not textbook sociopath, just different for entertainment's sake.

Even if it doesn't make sense it's a creative twist on the usual notion, I like that side of him. Makes for an interesting contrast in juxtaposition with the other dude.
>>
>>84933561
Burger has the the same voice as Gene from Bob's Burgers, it fits almost perfectly
>>
>>84935415
Patton Oswalt, I think his most famous animated role was Remmy from Ratatouille
>>
>>84934106
ah dude CN Real was a bunch of buuuuull. But yeah I think they stopped doing it before that, but I could be wrong. With how much more advanced and accessible the internet is today you'd think they'd bring it back.
>>
>>84936025
Not Patton Oswalt. Eugene Mirman.
>>
>>84936131
Well then

I'm ashamed of myself
>>
Kinda wish Kyle's Moobeard pilot pitch got picked up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNLXJ1t5uTc
>>
>>84932462

stop trying to shill this garbage faggot
>>
File: m4.jpg (147KB, 1440x813px) Image search: [Google]
m4.jpg
147KB, 1440x813px
Not a pilot per se, but I definitely see this becoming a show down the line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOhlTq-Px7o
>>
>>84935415
And that Uncle Gus Jerky man.
>>
>>84932462
For God's sake stop posting this
>>
Bunp
>>
File: 1459733092987.png (45KB, 558x282px) Image search: [Google]
1459733092987.png
45KB, 558x282px
>>84932462
It's not funny, but reworked it could have potential.

Now stop fucking shilling this pilot everywhere; the contrarians and shitposters here aren't going to defend this schlock and make it popular. Last I checked, you weren't ABBADON.
>>
>>84932462
Holy fuck that was SO boring. People weren't kidding that it's forgetably generic.
>>
>>84933191

That's why I loved it. It's this cutesy show that's all about FRIENDSHIIIP and in 3 minutes you have these guys snapping each other's necks, throwing each other around, getting into a slapfight, and one poor dude horribly mangled, paralyzed, almost buried alive and then mocked. All in good fun.
>>
File: EotRE.jpg (191KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
EotRE.jpg
191KB, 1280x718px
>>84932462
I voted for Eddie of the Realms Eternal when Amazon put it and a few other pilots up, but some other shit got picked instead.

Can't find a youtube link to the pilot though
>>
>>84933561
Didn't he play Moss on the IT Crowd?
>>
>>84932462
The pilot was boring and cliché.
>>
>>84932785

I really like the characters. They're all defined, well designed and well voice acted.

But this definitely needed to be longer, like 7-11 minutes long. The plot and setup feel pretty rushed.
>>
>>84934106
The What a Cartoon show was like....10 years before CN Real.

But it was an amazing idea, just toss all the pilots on the air anyway and see what viewers like.
>>
>>84932462
The concept has a lot of potential, but I'm worried about the creativity of the creators when, given the structure of Paranorman, they made something so utterly bland.

I would love to see a show about a cute girl with spooky ghost vision going around making friends and going on adventures, but nothing in this indicates a strong creative spark to make that happen.

Basically, I REALLY want to like this, but whenever I actually think about the content on display, I struggle with that.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIF8VdoWKCk

I'd really like to see something made out of this. I adore the dark tone & ghost story style. It's grim & mysterious and knows exactly what it wants to be.

One of the best cartoon pilots I've seen. Instantly makes me want more.
>>
>>84945718
let me post please
>>
File: otlr49.gif (139KB, 615x783px) Image search: [Google]
otlr49.gif
139KB, 615x783px
>>84940888
>some other shit got picked instead
Shit, what a downer... I loved that pilot.

Here's the pilot for Maliki, Ankama (the staff behind the Wakfu cartoon) worked on this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYzDFQ6KEY
>>
>>84932462
>liking "self insert the animation with ghost"
>innocent weird girl that didnt do nothin
>popular mean girls
>overly nerdy side kick
>tropes everywhere
>>
>>84946427
seems like it could be OK.
>>
>>84932785
SHE'S ALREADY MY FAVORITE
>>
Do shorts that are trying to be made into movies count?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M45R3hqA248
>>
File: Call of Duty G-g-g-ghosts!.jpg (25KB, 309x436px) Image search: [Google]
Call of Duty G-g-g-ghosts!.jpg
25KB, 309x436px
>>84932462
Acknowledging the popular girl is stereotypically evil and playing it up doesn't make it any less of a cliche if that's all there is.

Quick suggestion: The "evil popular girl" is actually possessed by a ghost who possesses the wealthy/popular girl of every class to vicariously live out High School forever. This makes our protagonist a natural obstacle and brings the bad ghost to try and get rid of her/keep her out of the High School however she can.

Shenanigans ensue.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep65rr-9qjQ

Its like Harry Partridge and Aaron Springer had a beautiful child, except the former had absolutely nothing to do with the production.
>>
>>84932462
This would had been good if:

1. The girl speaks to ghosts and they help her through various comedic methods.
2. Each episode features new ghosts, specifically some celebrities for the kind of humor you'd see in a show like Clone High.
3. The girl interacts with the ghosts minimally, or has equal showtime with interesting human counterparts (who pretty much play the role as plot seeders).
4. It tackles important and complex life issues expressed through example. Such being death (obviously), morality, emotions, etc.
5. The main girl is shown being parented by her dead ghostly mother and father, despite their passing. Something each show should occur here where although everyone seems happy, it leaves us as the audience feeling bad for her.

It's a good premise, but a weakly-executed one.
>>
>>84932785
I really like the characters. Even the mountain was funny. I wish the elk girl had a more raspy voice. Otherwise perfect.
>>
>>84933110
It was good until they transformed into robots/space police. Dropped.
>>
>>84933110
>Perla Magica™
60s anime Lapis is literally my favorite thing in the world.d
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.