[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is the idea that Batman, Green Arrow, and Ironman are against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

File: received_10154217091431894.jpg (276KB, 1970x1510px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154217091431894.jpg
276KB, 1970x1510px
So is the idea that Batman, Green Arrow, and Ironman are against civilian ownership of arms purposefully done satire or an accident?

Every law restricting the ownership of arms in the USA are made in such a way that a rich person like Bruce Wayne wouldn't have to follow the law. There is also the fact that the strong, "arostocracy", and rich white men like those 3 resent the idea of other people having arms as firearms are the greatest tool for equality among classes, ethnicities, and sexes ever invented.
>>
>>84922571
Who is that girl with Robin?
>>
>>84922695
Isn't that the girl who who was possessed by Gotham and wanted to fuck Tim?
>>
>>84922695
>>84922714
Nevermind, my first guess was right: it's Jubilee, from a Marvel v DC crossover
>>
File: hard travelin heroes02.jpg (36KB, 328x272px) Image search: [Google]
hard travelin heroes02.jpg
36KB, 328x272px
I don't think Iron Man cares about gun control as much as he cares about super weapon control, and power armor control

Green Arrow is against it because he's as left as left gets and he fucking uses bows and arrows, so there's no real conflict there

Batman is against it because he was psychologically traumatized by a gunman in such a significant way that it dictated his entire life from that point on
>>
>>84922742
Why does stark think he is the only one who should have super powers, super weapons, and power armor?
>>
>>84922799
He isn't and he doesn't. He doesn't want them to have his stuff, though.

If I didn't think you were trolling I'd think you lacked the basic skill of reading comprehension.
>>
>>84922799

because hes a responsible gun owner.
>>
File: 15598.jpg (155KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
15598.jpg
155KB, 800x600px
>>84922799
It's less that and more that he doesn't want anyone else to use his shit without his explicit permission

It's about IP control not weapons regulation
>>
>>84922811
He wanted other people registered with the government. He made stark industries stop designing weapons
>>
>>84922714
You're thinking of Stephanie Brown, she's a blonde.
>>
>>84922816
>total alcoholic
>responsible
>>
>>84922846

>the joke
>your head
>>
>>84922824
You know I don't think Stark gets enough credit for how simply but strongly he manages to redesign his appearance while keeping a core theme.
He's pretty /fa/.
>>
File: Walter_Newell_(Earth-616)_001.jpg (36KB, 245x400px) Image search: [Google]
Walter_Newell_(Earth-616)_001.jpg
36KB, 245x400px
>>84922824
Why did that retard attack Stingray? His suit doesn't even resemble an Ironman suit.
>>
>>84922845
Oh right, it WAS Steph that was Gothams fuck-vessel

>>84922825
He wanted people registered because he thought it was the best possible alternative to sentinels patrolling the skies hunting down everyone with powers. The latter has nothing to do with personal arms ownership.
>>
>>84922571
>>84922714
To date I wonder how the X-Men would handle Gotham?
>>
File: crossingav10.jpg (60KB, 349x400px) Image search: [Google]
crossingav10.jpg
60KB, 349x400px
>>84922859
Because he's not very mentally sound
>>
>>84922824
That's completely false. He's scared about the damage anyone else can do using his armors. It's the equivalent of any person fearing a private individual gaining control of a tactical nuke.
>>
>>84922877
>SNIKT SNIKT BEZERKER BARRAGE! OPTIC BLAST! DA COMRADE FAST BALL SPECIAL! BY THE GODDESS I COMMAND THESE ELEMENTS!

And then all the bad guys are dead.
>>
>>84922925
You're half-right. Yes, he doesn't trust other people with it, but it's also definitely about people using his stuff without asking. See: Armor Wars
>>
>>84922934
Even Wolverine's ways would have as much luck against the League and Court as he does with the Hand. So, no, all the bad guys are not dead. The X-Men just helped clean out some disposable trash.
>>
>>84922925
Well yeah, that too, but he cares about it because he feels responsible for it. He'd probably still be concerned, but he'd be way less freaked out if someone used unstable Pym Particles to make people's heads explode or or whatever
>>
>>84922934
Could Dr. Light alter the trajectory of Cyclops' eye punches? I mean it's ~kinetic energy~ so probably not, yeah?
>>
>>84922956
The League aren't based in Gotham and the threat of the Court of Owls is so purposefully vague and secretive that it kind of doesn't matter except when the writers decide it does
>>
>>84922877
Jubes thinks twoface should be a pushover, where as Tim is super afraid of him. But when Jubes and Tim fight, Tim wins in about 30 seconds and neither of them throw a punch
>>
>>84922571
What matters is that Frank is for civilian armament, well law abiding civilian armament.
>>
>>84922824
You're right up to Armor Wars.

Civil war was full on weapons regulation.

>>84922856
Come to think of it, he's got more outfits than Janet.

>>84922859
Because they were trying to give stingray a push.

>>84922866
>He wanted people registered because he thought it was the best possible alternative to sentinels
Which is idiotic logic, as well as excluding the X men from registration, but hell, the event was kind of retarded, so I'll give it a pass.

>>84922877
My best ideas are mass mind control from Prof. X, or by moving to an asteroid.
>>
>>84923006
>Which is idiotic logic
I agree the event as a whole was wildly illogical but why is settling for registration a bad move? Literally everything else he did was (as we see in the What-If issue, if he wasn't such an antagonistic dickhead they could have bypassed all the awful shit) but wanting to get the SHRA through in some form to prevent worse alternatives isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>84923006
I always saw Civil War, both the comic and the movie, being about Tony wanting to be on the side he saw winning the fight rather than any deep rooted belief in what he was representing

He saw which way the tide was turning, and wanted to use it's momentum. He cares more about productivity than principals. It's logical which appeals to him as both a businessman and an engineer.
>>
>>84922994
If Frank patrolled Gotham, crime would be wiped out in a week.
>>
>>84922983
>The League aren't based in Gotham
Not based, but present >>84881912
>>
>>84923072
Registration leads to confiscation and concentration camps.

What is the point of registering super heroes of you don't intend to later confiscate their gear or lock them up?
>>
>>84923122
>What is the point of registering super heroes of you don't intend to later confiscate their gear or lock them up?
From Tony's side, for about a minute, it was for the sake of better organization in the best case scenario and accountability in the worst and there was no need to compromise personal information. Ultimately it was just about Skrulls.
>>
>>84923147
Accountability, aka confiscating people shit and locking them up.

It's just as fucked as the mutant registration act
>>
>>84922983
The Court would own Gotham and the whole Marvel UNiverse.
>>
>>84923122
>What is the point of registering super heroes of you don't intend to later confiscate their gear or lock them up?
The point was to recruit people with powers to become superheroes for the government, and to keep an eye on those who didn't want to become soldiers. Of course, the definition of 'keep an eye on' would be a little dangerous in the wrong hands (i.e. the Governments) but don't forget that by positioning himself near the top (and eventually at the top) he'd run the program, and there's no-one he trusts more than himself.
>>
>>84923242
There is no legitimate reason for the government to have super heroes under their control
>>
>>84923273
So first we're comparing superheroes to oppressed minorities, and now we're saying that these minority members aren't allowed to have government jobs?
>>
>>84923302
No, I'm saying the government had no legitimate reason to have super powers just as they have no legitimate reason to have weapons
>>
>>84923302
>superheroes
>minorities
>>
>>84922571
>>84922742
I thought Batman was okay with gun ownership for civilians as long as they don't commit crimes with them. Doesn't Alfred have a shotgun?
>>
>>84922877
Riddler makes a riddle that no one can answer. Professor X tries to read his mind to find the answer and consequently jobs.
>>
File: 75778094.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
75778094.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>84922571
>firearms are the greatest tool for equality among classes, ethnicities, and sexes ever invented.
>>
File: 2869949-untitled.png (1MB, 675x1035px) Image search: [Google]
2869949-untitled.png
1MB, 675x1035px
>>84923964
Well Batman is a huge fucking hypocrite a lot of the time so maybe it's okay when his Dad does it.
>>
>>84924040
Mean, in a violent sense, they're not wrong. Of course, not all guns are created equal. You can't just go giving Granny some ridiculous hand cannon shit. You gotta pick the gun for the person. And then you gotta take into account who they'll be shooting.

Guns don't requires any special gender, ethnicity, class requirements aside from the problem mentioned above. They'll require some practice to get comfortable with and use properly, but compared to older weapons? Your spears and swords and crossbows and whatever? Not even a competition. Guns are the most playing field leveling weapon ever. Even body armor isn't really protection so much as way to soften still pretty serious damage.

Of course, this is all a simplistic point of view that imagines the immediate power to kill and defend one's self as some sort of supreme measure of equality. As passe as it is, its the circumstances around people that are more important and prescribe those immediate situations. You can try to kill all the people you want or try and make it less appealing to assault you, but that's not going to be making you any more or less equal in any important sense. There's of course the idea that it's to prevent the government from having a total monopoly on force, but I doubt citizens having guns is going to be the deciding factor if that issue comes to the fore in the country going on about it all the time.
>>
>>84924040
Smith and Wesson have prevented more rapes than feminism.

Guns ended the idea of Knights and aristocrat lead armies

Guns are directly responsible for the American Revolution and for modern democracies around the world
>>
>>84922799
Because you don't read Iron Man comics.
>>
>>84922994
Does Frank really care a lot about other people?
If a civilian pops a criminal before he can get to him, he's probably happy someone took some of his workload off him.
If a civilian who thinks he's John Wayne messes things up then he probably gets pissy.

Real question is if Frank can tell the difference between a legal gun owner trying to defend themselves and a criminal?
>>84924220
I'm not so sure, I mean I'm pro-gun and all but I think you're overplaying it.
>>
>>84924348
Frank lives in the magical world of comics, where he never accidentally kills anyone who doesn't deserve it. Although I could be wrong. My knowledge comes entirely from Punisher MAX and Frankfags going on about him. To my memory, anyway, Frank's never really had to deal with misinformation or just human error interfering with the basic tension of "Frank kills evil fucking motherfuckers, but is that truly right?" His judgement on the matter never really seems to be necessary, beyond that basic, rather shallow question. And if it did, it never got to be a big plot point anyone went on about. It's more about it being hard as shit to be a one man crusader, but it's a dirty job and someone's gotta do it.

Pretty high on the power fantasy end of things, to summarize.
>>
>>84924348
I think Frank hates other vigilantes. As for distinguishing civilians from criminals he constantly gets guns pulled on him by "good" people and he usually either disarms them non-lethally or surrenders when they do shoot at him plot armour takes over.
>>
>>84922571
>here is also the fact that the strong, "arostocracy", and rich white men like those 3 resent the idea of other people having arms
but rich black men fucking love the idea?
>>
File: funny05.jpg (170KB, 500x783px) Image search: [Google]
funny05.jpg
170KB, 500x783px
>>84924573
This one might
>>
>>84924573
Rappers and basket ball players love guns
>>
>>84922571
Jesus christ please /co/mblr just go away.

This is out of fucking hand.
>>
>>84922571
I dont think bruce has a problem with firearms he just does not use them outside of his vehicles because any non lethal purpouses can be better achived with a batterang
I dont know much about supes views on the matter but he grew up on a farm im fairly certain he was around shotguns growing up and im sure he fully supports recreational range shooting at least
SHAL NOT BE INFRINGED
Green arrow is a fucking faggot have you seen his political views of course hes against gun ownership.
Ironman is just an egomaniac who thinks only he can be trusted with superweapons.

As for bruces money his father would be ashamed of him for perpetrating a double standard like that no way in hell would his conscience allow that to slide.

But the fact your suprised that green fucking arrow of all people is anti gun makes me think your just trying to shitpost you make me ashamed to be a /k/omrade
>>
>>84925474
I'm asking if green arrow is Ernest or satire
>>
>>84925585
>I'm asking if green arrow is Ernest
No, he's Oliver.
In all due seriousness it's a Column A and B thing, in fact he's gotten wise to people's perception of him and at times even plays it up with someone like Hal just to keep them on their toes.
>>
>>84925585
Of course hes earnest hes wrong of course but the only way his views on firearms are satire is if all his views are satire
>>
>>84923104
No. The criminals of Gotham would just hire Deadshot to do him in.
>>
>>84923964
Bats doesn't want to take anyone's guns away but his childhood trauma makes him get triggered by pistols.
>>
>>84925838
So who is Bloomberg in comics?
>>
>>84924040
Shit lord detected
>>
>>84922571
>>
>>84922695
Tim's One True Love, Jubilee from Marvel
>>
>>84922987
Then they have sex on a roof
>>
>>84930062
Nah. Tim was a huge pussy about it. Jubes was totally dtf though
>>
What about Tim is it that makes all the asian girls wet?
>>
>>84922714
Do you have that image proving that Gotham as a city wanted to fuck Tim Drake? I've been looking for it for forever.
>>
>>84932883
Seconded
>>
File: xmen 276-2.png (2MB, 937x767px) Image search: [Google]
xmen 276-2.png
2MB, 937x767px
>>
>>84922994
Did he kill the Joker?
>>
>>84924694
Who?
>>
Well, batman has alway been against guns for himself, but he is Okay with alfred having one.
>>
Any superhero that hates the fact that innocent people are at mercy of criminals would hate the fact that outlaws get to have weapons but law abiding citizens don't.
Writers are retarded to make someone like Batman be against civil right to bear arms. Is he even? I know he's against the use of them because he's not defending anything, he's actively going after criminals, but has he ever stated that he's against even civilians owning them?
>>
>>84937942
Most modern incarnations of Batman are very antigun. They are a pretty sore subject for him. But as it stands Bruce isn't really a hero for the everyman. He views himself as above the rules of man. That's why he's a vigilante. He does what he does so that he can correct the injustices we miss. The reason he does this is he feels that he can speak for justice which is why so much of his comics revolve around him dehumanizing himself. He tries to be the paragon of justice when he is just a man.
>>
>>84938135
bump
>>
>>84922742
Yeah, in most states you don't need a permit or license to own a bow.
>>
>>84939891
In exactly 0 states you need a permit or licence to own a gun
>>
>>84939891
>gun
>licence
pick one
>>
>>84939940
>>84943492
Illinois has the FOID.
>>
>>84943681
A. That isn't a licence
B. You don't need one to own a gun, just to buy a gun
C. All that shit is is someone doing a background check on you. There is no test and no requirements beyond not being a felon
>>
>>84943764
You need a FOID to possess or purchase firearms and ammunition, it has an expiration date, you're required to reapply if you move or change your name, and you have to pay a fee to get one. It's a license in all but name.
>>
>>84944133
We should burn down the entire state of Illinois then. Why would they do this shit when they have one of the worst murder rates in the nation?

Even NJ you don't need any id or anything to buy ammo and the FID is a one time thing and you don't need one to inherent a gun or if you owned one prior to moving to NJ
>>
>>84944187
Chicago has undo influence in state politics because of population density. Illinois politics in general are pretty shit. There is actual tv footage of legislators playing games and fucking around on their phones during sessions. Hell, there is a Democratic majority in the legislature with enough seats to override a veto that refuses to pass a full budget for what is essentially no reason at all.
>>
>>84944485
When was the last time you had a governor that didn't end up in jail?
>>
>>84944612
I'm from Alabama, which is slightly better. And considering our governor is currently involved in a sex scandal, our speaker of the House was convicted on corruption charges, and our chief justice was suspended, for a second time, for failure to abide by a federal court order, also for a second time.
>>
>>84922571
In Bruce's case he just utterly hates guns because his parents were shot. Even in DKR, when written by rght-wing Frank Miller old Batman uses a rifle while constantly bitching how far he has fallen he has to use it and how horrible it is and how gun's are cowards weapons. This is also Morrison's explanation why in Final Crisis he had only wounded Darkseid with god-killing gun, not kill him - just picking a gun and shooting was too much for him
>>
>>84948928
Wtf i hate batman now
>>
>>84924524
That's my biggest problem with the punisher he is only morally defendable if he only kills criminals and never makes mistakes. Personally I find that idea far more ludicrous than a man with spider powers.
>>
>>84934503
No Batman saved his waifu just in time.
>>
>>84922742

Bows would be taken away/restrained as well, because the average eighty pound pull bow could easily kill an adult human.
>>
>>84951279

Morally defensible is bullshit.

Criminals have families too. And good people do bad things, sometimes very bad things.

The Punisher doesn't need to be morally defensiable because he does a lot of bad things to bring about good things.

The only truly indefensible action is inaction.
>>
>>84953284
>Implying anti gun faggots know that.
You have to remember anon these are some of the most retarded people on the planet
>>
>>84922571
I really doubt Batman has a problem with guns, at best he doesn't want people training with him to use them and even in that case there are exceptions.

I can't recall any recent anti-gun quote from Batman
>>
I know constintine does not like guns but he would not want them baned
>>
>>84922571
I don't think Bats and Tony are against gun ownership. Just gun violence.
>>
>>84948928
Miller is left wing as fuck. He supports hillary Clinton
>>
>>84922859
Because Stingray killed Steve Irwin
>>
>>84955600
He is a libertarian, cuck
>>
>>84922571
Batman is actually a dystopian satire that depicts an America with strict gun laws, full acceptance of those who claim mental illness and no executions, allowing the Joker to kill people forever.
>>
>>84956196
So Chicago?
>>
>>84955972
>He is a libertarian cuck
Sounds about right.
>>
>>84956953
>>84955972
Cuck sure, but how can you be libertarian when you support the most corrupt establishment big government candidate ever?
>>
>>84924524
>where he never accidentally kills anyone who doesn't deserve it.
that's not a magical world of comics.
The people he goes against are usually mobsters. Which in one way or another are automatically criminals. He doesn't go against the shoplifter that stole a candybar or the prostitute even though she is technically a criminal.

His Hit list is pretty much
1. Mobster
2. People who shoot at him if they are not cops or soldiers.
3. People who he caught in the act of committing a crime.
>>
>>84922994
except for the sharp increase in gun murders, right?
>>
>>84957094
Are gun murders worse than other murders? There is no correlation between gun ownership rate and murder rate
>>
>>84951279
You didn't know? Punisher is a Super. His power is over all causality, when he fires a gun at someone, they immediately become a criminal, their entire past rewritten to guarantee they deserve to die.
Or it's not fatal and Punisher books it to brood on his 'mistake'. Either way, really, he doesn't kill innocents.
>>
>110 replies
>10 images
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.