[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We all know about Mary Sue's, so perfect that they breeze

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (107KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 500x404px
We all know about Mary Sue's, so perfect that they breeze past obstacles, but what do you call the opposite of that? A character with so many things wrong with them that the reader is supposed to sympathize with, or just feel sorry for?

Pic not related. It's the only /co/ related thing I have on my phone.
>>
>>84920072
Heath Slater
>>
>>84920072
Moe
>>
>>84920072
The Woobie, Punching Bag, Whipping Boy, Cosmic Plaything.
>>
>>84920072
>>
>>84920286
>>
>>84920072
That one guy from Clarence
Josh, I think
>>
>>84920072
Considering a Mary Sue is typically considered poorly written and transparent, with all of their in-universe popularity being a failed attempt to make them popular with viewers, would this counterpart you're asking about be a character who is unrealistically or unbelievably pitiable to the point where you can't actually be made to give a shit?
>>
>>84920072

The Anti-sue.

Check it in TVTropes.
>>
>>84920293
Jesus
>>
>>84920269
>>84920563
Both of these are right answers.

The above is for "characters who have lots of bad shit happen to them, and the audience's intended reaction is sympathy." May or may not be related to personal flaws.

The below is "character has lots of personal flaws, but still manages to breeze past obstacles and everyone in the cast loves them."
>>
>>84920245
this
>>
>>84920072

Biggest whipping boys in comics:

>Hank Pym
>Cyclops
>Hawkman

I'd probably add Jason Todd too, but he's kind of a dick, and had the benefit of being a Gary Stu under Winick
>>
>>84920072
A woobie.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.