[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time for the great debate of our time. DCAU or MCU No shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: dcaumcu.png (1MB, 894x642px) Image search: [Google]
dcaumcu.png
1MB, 894x642px
Time for the great debate of our time.

DCAU or MCU

No shit posting please. If you use any company wars insults your opinion is immediately invalidated. This rule is none negotiable.
>>
I...don't think you can really compare those.

But then again, if you were to put both cartoon universes at the versus point, DC would blow it out of the water no question save for like..2 Marvel shows.
>>
>>84910494
To be fair, season 1 of EMH is JLU level.
>>
I enjoy and have a lot of problems with both of them, but I guess I'd go with DCAU because it feels more like a proper universe. MCU is good, but I guess due to the format (where obviously you want people to walk into a theater and understand it without having watched a ton of other stuff) it doesn't feel like most of the franchises are as connected as a result. I guess the general cosmic buildup is fine as a story, but I don't see a true narrative buildup like we had with the DCAU starting with STAS through JLU.
>>
MCU, It's a blast watching live actions comic book characters.

I still love DCAU doe
>>
>>84910712
I feel like the DCAU didn't go far enough with the cosmic build up. We got a lot of New Gods stuff thanks to Superman TAS but the fact JLU ended on yet another Darkseid war instead of a Crisis even after introducing the source irks me. It also bothers me that the only Anti-Monitor in the DCAU was the Green Lantern TAS one which only ended up being a Green Lantern villain.

It just feels like a missed opportunity. They did everything but CoIE.
>>
>>84910438
DCAU. Even more so after CW, which I really didn't like.
>>
>>84910438
I enjoy both but the DCAU is probably one of my favourite versions of the DC universe, a lot of their character interpretations are spot on and the tie in comics like JLB, Superman Beyond and Batman Beyond 2.0 are pretty neat even if they don't officially count.

The MCU is a great interpretation in it's own right but to some Marvel fans it might not stack up as well to comics like; not doing anything with Tony's alcoholism, underutilizing Thor's rich mythology, no Hank Pym Ant Man, No X Men, no FF.

So in summary, I feel it's not as definitive as the DCAU is, it's popularised some obscure elements of the comics which I appreciate but it's missing a lot of things that for me, make the Marvel Universe whole.

I'd say Avengers: EMH/ Earth 8096 is one of my top Marvel universes, it's true to the source material in some ways more than the MCU, I believe Yost the creator even said it's in the same continuity as Wolverine and the X-Men so it's stuffed with nearly all of the mainstream marvel characters. Shame it was cancelled and never had a chance to expand it.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-8096

http://dcau.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Animated_Universe
>>
DCAU.
I can't stand MCU.
>>
what if this is how I digest my DC and Marvel content outside of the comic books? the DCEU is too edgy/tryhard and the marvel cartoons are arguably the most atrocious of all.
>>
>>84910438
>No shit posting please
oh you poor little child
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.