[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Promote fanboy to major executive position instead of somebody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: download.png (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 225x225px
>Promote fanboy to major executive position instead of somebody with business sense
>flood TV and movie theaters with movies and shows nobody wants
>"look at me!" fanboy event comics for attention, artistic integrity be damned

I don't see how anybody can see this as a good thing. All DC is doing is pandering to whiners for a quick buck. They don't care about the stories artists and writers want to make, just what some fat virgin wants. They ignore the HUGE audience that doesn't have comics made for them, basically telling everyone who isn't white that they don't deserve heroes.

This is horrible for the industry and shows just how desperate they are. Marvel is playing it incredibly smart by sticking to their guns and trying to expand their market, because basement dwellers are not a sustainable audience.

Seriously, how can anyone look at DC and not think to themselves "yup, that's a company in its death throes". They're just not making it work any more, and the reboot and huge ad blitz that was meant to fix everything? The ads didn't bring in the number of readers DC needed, and the "reboot" just caused a fucking jawdropping mess that's dragged the quality of stories even further down the drain.

Then they killed Vertigo. They fucking killed Vertigo. WB said "wait, why the fuck do you have an entire line of books where creators have rights? Fuck that, change the contracts so that you own EVERYTHING you publish and trample over creators as much as possible," and DC did it. They fucking did it. One of the dumbest moves ever made by a comic company, up there with direct distribution, letting the speculator market spiral out of controland the DC Explosion.

DC's dying, at least the comic division. The properties are somewhat viable for movies and TV, but the comics? HA. It's been common knowledge that DC sucks for years now. This is pretty much a death rattle for Damage Control. I'll be shocked if they're even above Image in 5 years.

RIP. You won't be missed.
>>
>>84907470

this is some of the worst bait I've seen in a while.
>>
Some good points lost in an obvious bait post...
>>
>>84907520
There is some truth to what OP is saying
>>
>>84907470
>All DC is doing is pandering to whiners for a quick buck.
Businesses call this making products your customers want. It's how you get them to buy your products and ensure repeat business.
>>
>>84907470
>mouseketeers taking the Hillary Clinton approach of insulting everyone that hates them

oh bby

>>84907609
Not anymore. Modern companies like Apple have shown that you don't make what people want- you tell them what they want.
>>
> They ignore the HUGE audience that doesn't have comics made for them

And who makes up this HUGE demographic?
>>
>>84907671
>Modern companies like Apple have shown that you don't make what people want- you tell them what they want.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/07/26/technology/apple-sales-slump-continues/
>>
DC is dying. He's become the boss of an empire in ruins.
>>
>>84907560

maybe 2 years ago.
>>
>>84908250
and thank god for that.
>>
>>84907671
>Hillary Clinton approach of insulting everyone that hates them
Dude, really? You're pointing fingers at Hillary when Trump is there? What the fuck is that bias.

I'm not saying she's a model, but nowadays if she's the first person that comes to your mind when you think "politician who insult other people", you are goddamn blind.
>>
>>84909033
https://youtu.be/HvV2JY8kbgI

If you vote for Hillary you are a fascist.
>>
>>84908250
>>84908966
Except for the fact their sales are raping Marvel. You dumb fucking inbred retards.
>>
File: its aborted.png (763KB, 541x718px) Image search: [Google]
its aborted.png
763KB, 541x718px
>the comics are both better in quality and selling better than ever before
>Their comic division is dying I tell you!
>>
>>84908250
>>84908966
Thats some sht tier replying to yourself, hombre.
>>
>>84907885
I'm guessing he means everyone who says they like or "love" Batman, Superman, Flash, etc., but doesn't buy the comics
but that's not DC's fault, people just don't buy printed media anymore
>>
Honestly, DC is much diverse than Marvel and I'm saying this as a big liberal.
>>
>>84909163
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_cat_bounce

>Infinance, adead cat bounceis a small, brief recovery in the price of a decliningstock.[1]Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height",[2]the phrase, which originated onWall Street, is also popularly applied to any case where a subject experiences a brief resurgence during or following a severe decline.

Besides, they just relaunched (again). They will never hold those sales. There is a reason that besides Batman no DC title ever breaches the top 20: literally nobody cares about them.
>>
If you see this post, think twice before biting
>>
>>84909322
>There is a reason that besides Batman no DC title ever breaches the top 20: literally nobody cares about them
lmao, have you ever even looked at a sales chart?
>>
>>84909275
Not to forget that comicology is a fucking scam but also monopoly.
Ill buy digital when i dont need to pay for a fucking catalogue per month.
>>
>>84909322
Whomever coined that term has never dropped a dead cat from a large enough height. Its a splat. Shit tier metaphore.
>>
>>84909351
Again, we're a month past a relaunch you illiterate shit. You'll be back to crying that sales don't matter again in a month or two.
>>
>>84909424
Stop using a poor grasp of economics to justify why you read shit made for kids and the overly sensative
>>
>>84907470
>Marvel is playing it incredibly smart by sticking to their guns
By getting rid of the characters that made them what they are and having the entire line constantly in an event so that no one has a chance to tell a story that isn't editorially driven?
>>
>>84907470
>fat virgin
I mostly agree, but why does it always come down to ad hominems on weight and sexual experience?

What did the obese and chaste do to you? Do you honestly believe none who have had sex ever still found themselves compelled to fanaticism and complaints fueled by sheer personal dissatisfaction? Sports fans show otherwise.
>>
File: Nedry_laughing_at_OP.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
Nedry_laughing_at_OP.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>84909636
This.
>>
>>84909636
OP is not only a faggot, but a shitbaiter
>>
>>84909700
Fun thing to think about, after losing my virginity i stopped using virgin as an insult, so dont let people who are virgins because they're angry assholes get you down
>>
File: fc,800x800,white.u1.jpg (101KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
fc,800x800,white.u1.jpg
101KB, 800x800px
>>84907470
I have a feeling this was a bait aimed at Marvel also know as the objective truth ;^) that someone remade into DC bait, just switch "white" for "non-white" and "manchild" for "SJW" and it works just as well.
>>
>>84907470
>Promote fanboy to major executive position instead of somebody with business sense
You need to have somebody with an understanding of the product high up
>>
>>84907470
>DC is dying
>doing better than ever
>top 12 comics all DC titles

Uh huh.
>>
>>84907470
Vertigo has always been work for hire.
>>
>>84910236

It's questionable how long the bump from Rebirth will last, but in general the fact that DC is staggering its new releases to keep a steady supply of #1's each month helps.And we're also seeing signs that interest and purchases of the first Rebirth rollouts are still strong.
>>
>>84910321
It's just funny that op chose t make this bait thread when his point is less valid now than ever.
>>
>>84910676

If he made this a month or so ago before all the Rebirth stuff started coming out, then this would be a more pertinent company wars shitpost.
>>
>>84910308
And now it looks like Vertigo is Old and Busted, and Young Animal is the New Hotness.
>>
>>84909322
This is true sadly. In popularity Batman surpasses Marvel, but Marvel surpasses the rest of the DC characters.
>>
>>84911038

Not if you look at the best sellers for comics the past few weeks. There's quite a few non-Batman DC properties that are up there.
>>
>>84910786
Do people even like participating in company wars? It's tiring and needlessly irritating.
>>
>>84909700
t. Fat virgin
>>
>>84907520

/thread
>>
You little Marvel shithead, you really deserve Bendis and Co. You are pathetic.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.