[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honesty... Weren't we better off with her as Batgirl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1430829663655.jpg (976KB, 1580x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1430829663655.jpg
976KB, 1580x2400px
In all honesty...

Weren't we better off with her as Batgirl and Barbara as her mentor?

As much as i love Babs as Batgirl, the longer i think about it, the way things were when Stephanie was Batgirl, we pretty much had the best of both worlds for everyone precisely because Stephanie was so similar to Barbara in her first year as Batgirl.

Stephanie as the rookie Batgirl with Oracle as her mentor was a better status quo. It created a Batgirl Beyond vibe that wasn't really there as much with Cassandra.

I don't think even Rebirth can bring back this status quo, but i think it would have been awesome if DC and WB actually invested into promoting it through cartoons and videogames.

I kinda hoped StephBat would have shown up in Arkham Knight as a reflection of Barbara's prequel story.
>>
Generally having Babs still be Batgirl is kind of weird when Dick was allowed to grow past Robin. I don't get why they did that.
>>
>>84906795

What's also something to consider for DC is the fact that this last year, Barbara has dropped so much in sales that she went below Stephanie's run in her worst days.

I think Stephanie's run ended at around 26 or 24k, and Burnside was down to 23k
>>
>>84906927
Issue 50 got a sales bump to 33k
>>
>>84906703
Yeah it was great, but DC editorial hated Steph for years. We'll likely never see her as Batgirl again unfortunately.
>>
>>84906703
>Arkham Knight
All I wanted was all the different Batgirls+Batwoman as costumes for Barb
>>
It's probably the best Batgirl run ever, and the dynamic between Steph and Barbara made both characters shine. Umpteenth fuck DC.
>>
>>84906795
The Robin replacements were allowed to stay because to the casual, they're all identical and interchangeable.
>>
File: DC4.jpg (25KB, 297x420px) Image search: [Google]
DC4.jpg
25KB, 297x420px
>>84907744
>>84906703
>>
Babs was fine crippled. It was good character stuff. They can't undo the undo though. That would be completely retarded. Like three retards retarded.
>>
>>84907744

Dickbat, Damien, Stephanie Robin...

Curse you for reminding me of such things, anon.

>bless you
>>
>>84907744
>the best Batgirl run eve

Nope. It was bogged down at first with all the shit Miller had to deal with. It only started to find it's footing when Damian showed up.

I'm still miffed we never got Stephanie as Batgirl teaming up with Cass as Black Bat. Just one more team-up of the besties.
>>
>>84906703
>Weren't we better off with her as Batgirl and Barbara as her mentor?

It was better than the current situation, but inferior to the classic Cass - Babs - Steph triangle (with Cass as Batgirl and Steph as Spoiler). Steph's Batgirl run was a weird, uncomfortable result of DC editors wanting to get rid of Cass but not being willing to make Barbara walk again yet. Steph was chosen because she was pretty much the only "free" female character. It kind of worked out, but it was never organic or properly planned.
>>
Cassandra Cain= Best Batgirl. Only faggots would disagree
>>
File: 2m5cm6o.jpg (277KB, 1015x1599px) Image search: [Google]
2m5cm6o.jpg
277KB, 1015x1599px
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.