[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the artist downgrade the art in this? When it was a webcomic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 9781606998410.png (234KB, 1000x1463px) Image search: [Google]
9781606998410.png
234KB, 1000x1463px
Why did the artist downgrade the art in this? When it was a webcomic it looked Way better.
>>
What? THIS was a webcomic?
>>
File: SHpromo.jpg (65KB, 480x798px) Image search: [Google]
SHpromo.jpg
65KB, 480x798px
>>84901556
Yes and the art was so much better. The book release is complete while the webcomic only does up to Chapter 19.
http://lizsuburbia.com/sacredheart/ch1.php
>>
>>84901639
Fantagraphics probably turned it away because the art was too good. Although they would have phrased it differently, 'too mainstream' or something.
>>
>>84901530
I forgot how the webcomic looked, but seeing it again Liz definitely improved in the print version
>>
You think that horrible Jhonen Vasquez rip was better?
>>
>>84902475
Call me crazy but I don't think it looked like Vasquez's art at all.
>>
File: SHp23.jpg (127KB, 591x800px) Image search: [Google]
SHp23.jpg
127KB, 591x800px
I think it's better. Current style is more recognizable, her paneling and page layouts are tighter, no one looks like they are inconsistently transforming into a John K character.

She also probably redrew it because if you reread all the pages on the site you see her change as an artist and if Fanta published the old pages it probably would have clashed with the current work. It's also some serious balls to redraw that many fucking pages. Liz puts a lot of artist to fucking shame with that shit.
>>84902537
early Sacred Heart reminds me of something that could have been put out by Slave Labor Graphics.

Speaking of Liz Suburbia, anyone check this out?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1836096185/the-rise-of-czap-books-the-2017-collection?token=c87aadb7
>>
>>84901938
Have you seen the book? The book version is way better than the webcomic.
>>
>>84901530
>Why did the artist downgrade the art in this?

Sigh. No one "downgrades" their art. As you become a better comics artist, you become a smarter, more efficient artist. You learn that rendering isn't as important as storytelling and you discard the ornamental bits from your style.

See: Frank Miller. Walt Simonson. Mike Mignola. Etc. Etc. Etc.
>>
>>84904431
>sigh

But yeah I get what what your saying was just a little weird when I opened the book and stuff looked different
>>
File: SHp252.jpg (274KB, 1071x1386px) Image search: [Google]
SHp252.jpg
274KB, 1071x1386px
>>84904944
How far into Sacred Heart did you read online because it was already showing signs of style change.

Pic related is the last update online and is a protoversion of what was published in the book.
>>
>>84905091
I was up to chapter 6 online when I realized it was released on ComiXology and bought it there.
>>
Liz Suburbia has the best black and white balance this side of Jaime Hernandez. Sacred Heart is absolutely beautiful and she's leaps and bounds above where she was.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.