[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on "mean-spirited" episodes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Bendy.png (380KB, 707x533px) Image search: [Google]
Bendy.png
380KB, 707x533px
What are your thoughts on "mean-spirited" episodes? Are they inherently bad?
>>
>>84886934
They can get to that point, if the protagonist doesn't get an apology of some kind.
>>
>>84887452
>if karma isn't arbitrarily applied then the episode is automatically bad
>>
What the fuck does mean-spirited even mean in the context of a cartoon?
>>
>>84886934
No. You don't need karma applied for an episode to be good.

However, it's more satisfying when the characters who suffer deserve it.
>>
>>84890194
>>84888168
>>
File: photo.jpg (63KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
63KB, 900x900px
>>84886934
You already know the answer to this, MrEnter.
>>
>>84890266
That seems like a pretty dumb reason to completely disregard something.
>>
>>84886934
No, but it makes it a little more difficult to appreciate the slapstick when you're constantly sympathizing with the victim

It's one of the reasons I didn't like the Cursed Phone episode of EEnE
>>
>Implying "mean spirited" isn't a western cartoon meme
You can write the most asshole-ish shit without any consequences and still make it a good episode in general. All you need is good writers for said episode and it won't come off shitty like the Bendy episode where you have no good punchlines at all.
>>
>>84886934
No.
>>
>>84890370
>No, but it makes it a little more difficult to appreciate the slapstick when you're constantly sympathizing with the victim

Why the fuck are you sympathizing a character in a fucking slapstick cartoon?

Are you emotionally stinted or something?
>>
File: Tobuscus.jpg (199KB, 1220x918px) Image search: [Google]
Tobuscus.jpg
199KB, 1220x918px
>Implying most comedy isn't inherently mean spirited
All comedy needs someone to be the butt of a joke, someone to be in pain in the end of the day.

This belief that comedy only works if there is some sort of "karma retribution" at the end is stupid. Mean spiritedness doesn't kill comedy, incompetent writers does.
>>
"Mean-spirited" episodes can be good, if they aren't fucking infuriating and terrible
>>
>>84892731
if a character is written good enough you can understand it.

No need to start accusing fags of autism
>>
>>84886934
Can somebody remind me who this guy is and what did he do? It's been a long time since I last saw Foster's.
>>
>>84894979
he get in broke a bunch of shit and blamed it on others bloo caught him by basicly destroying the house so in the end bloo was the asshole
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.