[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just pinpointed one thing that's bothered me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1403871563575.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1403871563575.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
I've just pinpointed one thing that's bothered me about "modern" Simpsons for years: the sound design is shit.
>mixing is poor, so voices are overly-loud and unpleasant to listen to
>little to no music, which is in itself a problem, but also exacerbates the first
>the voice actors either don't care about line delivery, or forgot what comic timing was
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrejCrb4r0E
Is Danny Elfman just dead or something? I'll never be able to unhear it.
>>
Good Lord. You ain't kidding it sounds pretty bad. I've also realized how the lack of music cues makes it feel a lot emptier.
>>
>>84883041
It's like they cut an entire department out of the budget and continued on as usual.
>>
>>84882897
You know what bothers me about modern Simpsons besides bad voice acting and lack of comedic timing?

No Swartzwelder. That man is Simpsons.
>>
File: 1315771486212.png (372KB, 628x475px) Image search: [Google]
1315771486212.png
372KB, 628x475px
>>84883342
>all of the good writers are long gone
Feels bad.
>>
>>84883403
Don't feel too bad. The good episodes will always be good and Swartzwelder write novels.

The land of printed word invites you.
>>
>>84883102
They've made the assumption that people don't care about humor or a good story or ambience....they just want to hear the voice actors they pay ridiculous amounts of money to (based on this assumption). BIG mistake.
>>
Good catch op. You're right. It's even pretty poor in the Simpsons Movie, where you'd think they would have the money to get it right.
>>
>>84883342
The show went bad long before he left.
>>
>>84884908
I'm honestly surprised they agree to pay the actors so much.
>>
>>84885416
it's not like they can fire Dan Castelanetta, the actors have become irreplaceable so they can basically name their price. Unfortunately the actual talent behind the show, the writers and animators, are totally replaceable for some reason
>>
>>84882897
Nah, the main problem is the lack of drama. In the first seasons, the family, especially Homer was faced with seriously worrisome, sad scenarios that he at best survived by breaking equal and being hopeful.

Now, despite being loonier and stupider than ever, he's like a superman. He's ridiculously overskilled without realising it, plus the situations he's in are either too odd or too "safe" in the sense he doesn't risk losing something like, his job. Even when he does, he has a
>whatever
attitude and finds a new job right away, is great at it, happy at it and gives it back, gaining his old one easily at the end. Compare that to delilah or three eyed fish in the 2nd season where he dreads getting fired.
>>
>>84882897
If you've ever wondered what a director does, now you know.
>>
>>84882897
Those first clips just have incomplete audio, it's not like that in the actual episodes. The voice acting is still god awful though.
>>
>>84882897
What bothered me the most was the shadows being cast no matter where light is coming from.

And the extras, too. Those same five voices that are often used as 'business types'.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.