[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As per /co/ recommendation, I've given Gravity Falls a try.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

As per /co/ recommendation, I've given Gravity Falls a try.

I'm at episode 15 of the first season so far and I enjoy it very much, but one thing bothers me.

It feels like most of the time Dipper is sacrificing his goals to help Mabel achieve hers, as evident in episode with the pool or episode with time travel and the pig.

Does anyone else feel that way? Also, I know I'm stomping on mighty thin ice here, but please, try not to spoil the series to me.
>>
>>84862322
>It feels like most of the time Dipper is sacrificing his goals to help Mabel achieve hers
HOO, BOY. Just wait till season 2, OP.
Also, get off /co/ if you don't want spoilers.
>>
>>84862322
It gets mentioned later on in an episode about puppets

And closer to the finale it becomes a big thing when Mabel thinks he might not sacrifice his dreams for her sake. That gets handwaved though
>>
I feel like this is bait.
>>
>>84862322
>It feels like most of the time Dipper is sacrificing his goals to help Mabel achieve hers
Wew
>>
>>84862417

It's not, really.

>>84862382
>>84862394

I don't like you imply it gets worst. I like Mabel, probably more than Dipper, but Jesus, too many times Dipper acts like selfless heroes to help Mabel's selfish desires. Seriously, he basically gave up Wendy so she can have some dumb pig...
>>
>>84862322
you missed /gfg/ by nearly a year.
try looking in the archives for /gfg/ and enjoy reading the conspiracies at the same time you see the episodes.
>>
Mabel gets worse in the second half of season 2.
>>
>>84862322
It's a problem that a lot of people noticed and was what turned a lot of people off the show towards the end. There are actually two episodes in S2 that address the issue but they don't have any lasting affect on how Mabel acts afterwards.

I like Mabel a lot more than most but that penultimate episode infuriates me every time.
>>
File: Fun Hazard.jpg (40KB, 492x402px) Image search: [Google]
Fun Hazard.jpg
40KB, 492x402px
>>84862488
Ok, so, lets be honest here.

Dipper doesn't have a chance with Wendy, and on some level he realizes that.

He's not giving up a chance on Wendy when that chance doesn't exist.

This is addressed directly several times in S2, but a lot of anons still bring it up.

Mabel does do a few selfless things for Dipper's sake, but in general, the writers fail to develop her well and they write her TERRIBLY in the second to last episode. After that, it never gets addressed so a lot of anons here have massive hateboners for her, and claim that anyone who doesn't hate her is just waifuing a child.
>>
anyone has a link to /gfg/'s last thread? I can't find it anywhere.
>>
File: I dreamed a dream of gfg.png (164KB, 682x1030px) Image search: [Google]
I dreamed a dream of gfg.png
164KB, 682x1030px
>>84863468
It's gonna be ancient.

I miss that place
>>
>>84863560
I miss it too my friend.
I really miss it.
>>
File: 1440474312998.jpg (59KB, 286x750px) Image search: [Google]
1440474312998.jpg
59KB, 286x750px
>>84862322
>It feels like most of the time Dipper is sacrificing his goals to help Mabel achieve hers, as evident in episode with the pool or episode with time travel and the pig

Oh anon, you're in for some shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.