[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GET DAT FETUS, KILL DAT FETUS GET DAT FETUS, KILL DAT FETUS BRRAP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 198
Thread images: 15

File: sextina.jpg (81KB, 990x552px) Image search: [Google]
sextina.jpg
81KB, 990x552px
GET DAT FETUS, KILL DAT FETUS
GET DAT FETUS, KILL DAT FETUS
BRRAP BRRAP, PEW PEW
BRRAP BRRAP, PEW PEW
>>
>>84860166
nice get
>>
>It's a we should be nice to people who want to murder their babies episode.
>>
>>84860454
>It's a "let's bring another unwanted child into the world" post
>>
I have a question, at first I assumed the "you have to listen to the baby's heartbeat before aborting it" thing was a joke, but then it came back in a serious tone when Diane was talking to the girl in the clinic.

Is that... A real thing in the US?
>>
>>84860454
>>84860481
Anyone else like me and think abortions should be legal but it's still killing babies?

Human life is a lot cheaper than most are comfortable to admit and I love seeing the left jump through hoops trying to say "No, really, it's not REALLY a person until X happens!"
>>
>>84860550
Yeah, abortion should be legal, but I think the technicalities people have to go through are insane just because someone wants to stand in their way just because they heard someone is doing something they didn't like that doesn't effect them in any way
I think that if it even if it's not technically a human, it still would turn into a human, so that should count
It's like stopping someone from finishing a race and saying "oh, you were never really racing because you didn't finish", or some other analogy that makes more sense
>>
>>84860550
I think that iff the people really want legalized murder then they should have it, but they should have the decency to recognize it as such.
>>
#sobrave
>>
>>84860550
It ain't a cake until it's fully baked.
>>
>tfw I'm only up to this episode

How big of an existential crisis is episode 11 going to cause this year?
>>
>>84860541
>Is that... A real thing in the US?

yes, though it depends greatly from state to state. A lot of midwest states have all sorts of bullshit legislation to convince women to not go through with abortions.
>>
>>84860541
In some states, yes. There aren't any federal laws though.
>>
>>84860687
It's weird, actually, episode 11 delivers by far the heaviest blow yet, but Bojack manages to recover surprisingly quick and midway through episode 12 falls into despair again.
>>
>>84860701
Hell, there was a serious attempt to force women to get a trans-vaginal ultrasound before they'd be allowed to get an abortion. Like, okay, sure for some reason you think it's the state's job to try to enforce morality by forcing them to have an ultrasound and looking at pictures of the fetus. How in the hell do you even pretend it's not just legislative fetishizing when you specify that it has to be the big old sonic dildo version?
>>
File: file.jpg (96KB, 637x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
96KB, 637x480px
>>84860718
>even heavier than season 2

For fucks sake bojack
>>
>>84860550
>>84860638
Eh, we're totally okay with killing and eating animals with the equivalent intellect of a 5 year old. Since humans are a kind of animal, logically, we should be okay with killing anything dumber than that.
>>
>>84860684
Yeah it is
It's just a really shitty goopy cake
>>
>>84860822
By that logic, no human would survive past 4 years old. Kids are shitty, yo.
>>
>>84860166
LOOK MA I MADE THE SAME THREAD AGAIN
>>
>>84860541
I don't know about that specifically, but the doctors ARE required to tell you things like (starting 8:30)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRauXXz6t0Y
>>
>>84860879
It means nature will select for more patient people. Since those with exploding tempers won't be passing on their genes.
>>
>>84860454
But it wasn't. The show went out of its way to show that everyone involved in the event was a terrible person. Diane is a terrible person. PC is a terrible person. Sextina is a terrible person.

The whole fucking point of the episode was that placing private matters on a pedestal only makes those matters commodities.

No one was in the right. It's the overarching theme of the show.
>>
BANG BANG
POW POW
>>
Fuck off with your stealth /pol/ thread.
>>
>>84861097
Whoops, replying to >>84860940
>>
>>84861107
Mr. Peanutbutter is always in the right.
>>
>>84860541

In the county that I live in here in Texas, you have to have an ultrasound. You have to look at the ultrasound and you have to listen to the heartbeat. Also, there are a bunch of "Westboro Baptist" types that hang out in front of the clinics with signs. One guy had a video camera and was filming all of the cars that entered the clinic parking lot.
>>
>>84861415
Hey, if you're going to murder something you should at least have to see it first.
>>
>>84861415
>One guy had a video camera and was filming all of the cars that entered the clinic parking lot.
That's horrendous.
>>
>>84861457
Not really, the guy removing the growth is the one doing the deed. The guy who hires the hitman don't see the victim's face.
>>
>>84861496
Uh, the guy killing the baby gets permission first. Culpability bro.

Why do we call women who kill babies brave but we tell them they don't have to see the life they've ended? That's cowardice by any stretch.
>>
>>84860621
A lot of the hardcore Pro-Life people that I've met are either a.) grumpy middle-aged men who are upset because teenage girls are having sex or b.) grumpy middle-aged women who are upset because women are aborting the perfect babies that they want to adopt. (But only if the baby is a white newborn with no health issues and no disabilities . Their attitude seems to be forget all of the "imperfect" children and the minority children who are waiting for homes in the foster care system.)
>>
Always really really weird to see/hear the US abortion debate as a secular Europoor.
>>
>>84861559
Ironic since abortion was popularized and corporatized by a literal white supremacist who wanted to target minority children.

So yeah, a vote for Planned Parenthood is a vote for Aryan eugenics. Yay progressivism.
>>
>>84861588
>So yeah, a vote for Planned Parenthood is a vote for Aryan eugenics
That sounds super legit and not a stretch at all.
>>
>>84861457

Considering that fetuses sort of look like half-grown Xenomorph larvae from the Alien series, I would think that seeing the ultrasound would make you *more* likely to want to abort it.
>>
>>84861576
>as a practice dummy for Muslims.

Fix'd
>>
>>84861175
Screaming /pol/isn't going to magically make Bernie less of a sellout
>>
>>84861616
kek.
>>
>>84860166
I actually enjoyed the abortion episode.
>>
>>84861588
Yeah, there were lots of white supremacists everywhere. Now they're all pro-life conservatives.

Funny how things change.
>>
>>84860550
I mostly agree with you anon, but I also get the "it's not a person yet" narrative. It's kind of a necessary lie we have to tell ourselves sometimes to make sure people don't go through a bad decision like having a baby.
>>
>>84861121
pew pew ptew blam
>>
>>84861614
>Boo hoo facts aren't allowed in my safe space

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger

Rated Abos lower than chimpanzees and coordinated abortion clinics specifically targeting black neighborhoods at the time to reduce their overall population.
>>
>>84860550
Oh yeah, abortion is murder, but is an acceptable murder. Leftists trying to subvert this is just.... well.
>>
>>84861616
>It's ugly! Kill it!
Jesus you're dumb.

>>84861658
Pro-life conservatives are trying to prevent black babies from being murdered. That's racist?
>>
>>84861716
>been dead for 50 years

Well then I guess that's settled and voting for Planned Parenthood has nothing to do with eugenics.
>>
>>84861757
Pro-life conservatives are trying to build a wall to keep brown people out, and applaud police for murdering unarmed black men.

The modern conservative movement is a racist movement.

Back in the early 60s, the democrats used to be the party of racism. Now that's flipped.
>>
>>84861760
*cough*

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2015/nov/25/cynthia-meyer/cynthia-meyer-says-more-black-babies-are-aborted-n/
>>
>>84861716
good
>>
>>84861788
>Pro-life conservatives are trying to build a wall
Yep. Has nothing to do with brown people, though.
>Applaud police for murdering unarmed black men.
Hey, you applaud doctors for murdering unarmed black fetuses. What's the diff?

>It's flipped meme
It never flipped, the Democrat party just got better at hiding it.

Or did you miss Assange's "He's an icky Jew, don't let him in" reveal of the DNC?
>>
>>84861716
And your argument is that Planned Parenthood now is a front for Aryan eugenics, yeah? Because Margaret Sanger is as dead as all those negro babies.

Fuck off with all that muh libcuck greentext as well, you dumb /pol/ cunt. Nobody mentioned safe spaces until you did.
>>
>>84861617
The risk is more that national insular European states are preyed upon by Putin than overrun by Muslims, anon. This isn't even the highest level of terrorism Europe has seen.

>>84861860
>Or did you miss Assange's "He's an icky Jew, don't let him in" reveal of the DNC?
This, also, is to produce that end.
>>
File: redcoat.jpg (38KB, 550x467px) Image search: [Google]
redcoat.jpg
38KB, 550x467px
>>84860984
>>
>>84861811
Again - your argument that the cause of this is that Planned Parenthood is an Aryan organization which actively aims to kill black children? Above and beyond any socioeconomic factor?
>>
>>84861097

No, it means that we will get a future like Idiocracy. The people who should be getting abortions don't have the attention span to go down to the clinic and fill out all of the forms to have the procedure and they don't have the forethought to realize "I would be a really shitty parent."
>>
>>84861650
It was a solid episode but there's just a lot of pro-life butthurt. Bojack doesn't usually show its hand as far a political issues, but everyone against the abortion was mostly played for laughs. It's no surprise a cast of shitty west cost celebrities wouldn't be against it though.
>>
File: what.png (587KB, 494x869px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
587KB, 494x869px
>>
>>84861107

How were Diane and PC terrible?
>>
I'm commissioning a piece of Mr. Peanutbutter from Aaron and Fasttrack37d
>>
>>84862362

(Fuck, nix PC. For some reason I thought that was referring to Mr PB, even as I typed it).
>>
>>84862362

They don't seem very happy together and they don't seem like they have a lot in common.
>>
>>84861457

Yeah, because clearly if she doesn't look at the ultrasound she has no idea she's got a fetus rattling around in there

"Oh man, I thought we were taking out a watermelon! 'Cause I swallowed a seed three months ago, and I just thought...wow! I am so embarrassed! I'll just head right out."
>>
>>84862197

Whine about his politics all you want, but I don't see many other people doing tons of research and telling the public about the shitty state of our infrastructure, the bullshit nature of advertising "studies," the pitfalls of judicial elections, the clusterfuck that is Puerto Rico, etc.

Most just ignore these things. Oliver does in-depth, 20-minute long presentations on them that are often pretty funny.
>>
>>84861811

>have a bunch of poor people who can't afford additional children
>a disproportionate amount of those people are black
>lots of black abortions

MAN IT MUST BE SOME KIND OF CONSPIRACY
>>
Blacks abort about 50% of the time. I don't know how people can be against it after knowing this. Is there anything actually wrong with abortion?
>>
>>84860550
I'm leftist and I'm in favor of euthanasia and murdering fetuses. And if they ever decide to take out swathes of the population for the greater good, I won't fault those in charge if I'm put on the list. I'd only be angry if the rest of the other degenerates who use 4chan weren't on that list too.
>>
>>84860541

If it's "just a bunch of cells that isn't a human life yet" then it should be no problem, right?

I mean you should be able to listen to that and feel no more than you would listening to your stomach rumble.
>>
>>84860550

I don't really think there's any bold line as to where life begins, so whether someones saying "it's a person as soon as conception happens" or "it's not a person until x happens" or "it's not a person util it's born" it all kinda sounds like bullshit.

It's a person as soon as the person who's stuck incubating it decides it's a person, everyone else can mind their own business. I don't exactly think abortion is killing babies, but even if it is, I put the rights of the host ahead of the rights of the foetus. And on a larger scale, at the end of the day, some people have to die or we'll run out of fucking room, whether they're foetuses or elderly or anything in between. It sucks sometimes but that's life. And better to fuck over foetuses who don't even have thoughts yet than fuck over the developed public who've developed the ability to lie awake at night in abstract fear of death and suffering.
>>
>>84861860
>Has nothing to do with brown people, though.

Here's your (You). While one could make reasonable socio-economical and even ethical arguments for segregation, you're delusional and retarded if you think the vast majority of people supporting this idea aren't doing it out of xenophobia and ignorance.
>>
>>84860718

I think he was sort of in shock, then it hit him all at once at the end. I mean, as soon as she died, he was trying to get back to the good old days and symbolically resurrect her.
>>
>>84861860
>has nothing to do with brown people

I don't believe that you believe that. Nobody believes that. I don't know why you pretend.

>You applaud doctors murdering unarmed black fetuses

Embryos, usually, so it wouldn't be murder. And they do it for all races for not racist reasons, so yeah.

>Democrats are better at hiding it.

There are plenty of racist dems, sure. But it's not a part of the platform, like it is with the Republicans. Dems are for racial equality, Republicans are for white supremacy. No sense arguing it, that's the way it is.
>>
>>84861121

Seriosuly, what kind of gun goes brap?
>>
File: 1462559305074.png (156KB, 263x358px) Image search: [Google]
1462559305074.png
156KB, 263x358px
>I wanna be an architect
>>
>>84861457

What's even the point of murdering something if you can't look it in the eye?
>>
>>84861559
>a.) grumpy middle-aged men who are upset because teenage girls are having sex
Fun fact, a sizeable portion of teenage pregnancies were fertilised by middle aged men.
>>
>>84860550
I say keep abortion legal but make it so that it is not funded by tax dollars, you have to pay for it
>>
>>84862688
Killing is not an easy thing to do for most people, whether they feel it's justified or not. Most people who eat meat would feel uncomfortable if they had to slaughter an animal themselves. Same with death penalty.
>>
>>84862292

Yeah, it's weird to read that the original premise was an episode where Diane has an abortion and it's no big deal, which I do like as a concept. And in a way, I guess they achieved that in the sense that her getting an abortion was never a source of conflict - she and Mr Peanutbutter both wanted it, and no one else weighed in like a special episode, which was really cool.
But they still kind of made everything about the controversy of getting an abortion, and just made it really biased by not approaching it like an argument as TV often does, because instead they just presented their own view as the unchallenged default.
It didn't really seem to be saying much about the issue from any angle, whether commenting on abortion itself or how the media treats it. I guess they were sort of doing the latter, but it didn't really seem to have much relevance to reality and just felt like they were playing off their own setup. And Diane's own political leanings sort of muddied the waters where SHE started generating the 'abortion argument' they were trying to avoid. And that's fair enough in character for her, but it feels like there was something missing to contextualise it within the episode. So instead it's just hanging there as a confused "so are we doing the argument thing or not?"
>>
>>84863145
I didn't think many people didn't have to pay for abortions. Is this intended as a discouragement?
>>
>>84863434
Planned parenthood basically allows people to get abortions paid for via tax dollars, which is a big reason as to why Republicans hate it
I'm just saying that people who don't support abortions shouldn't have to pay for them with tax dollars
>>
>>84862688

By this logic, we should be required to pet a cow before it's killed and fed to us as steak. I really don't want to give vegans any ideas with that, but let's be real.
>>
>>84863493

And? I've killed my own meat before. I believe those who won't do it are weak and don't deserve meat. I believe the weak should fear the strong.
>>
>>84860454
Please, baby murderes were criticised just as much as anti-babymurderers.
>Sextina literally not making a big deal about it
>Diane who was the most blasé and trivial about an actual abortion actually criticising Sextina.

In the end the scared teenager that admitted how shitty the process of an abortion actually is was the most sound person.
>>
>>84860481

>i'm an irresponsible person so let's kill a child, that's the only option
>science forbid I should have to grow up and think about someone that isn't me for once

Adoption is a thing, anon.
>>
>>84863544

Maybe, but an individual's ability to do that says nothing about whether it's okay to eat meat or kill foetuses. It's either okay or it's not.
>>
>>84863857

Right and wrong are human inventions.
>>
>>84863819
>Adoption is a thing, anon.
Indeed. How many special needs minority children who've aged past their cuteness and developed baggage and behavioural problems are you raising, anon?
>>
>>84863908

So are supermarket meats and baby killing machines.
>>
>>84863957

And?
>>
>>84863917

>adoptive children are ugly with special needs and behavioral problems

Wow. You're retarded. My sister was adopted into our family as a teen. She's black and never had baggage or behavioral problems outside of normal teen stuff.
>>
>>84863430
I’m actually glad they didn’t make it pro vs. anti abortion. Like a lot of issues, the abortion debate has become so divisive that taking a side either way would just result in repeating the same trite arguments that are presented everywhere and are easily shot down by the other side. By more or less ignoring the pro-lifers (expect for the “white man” bit which was awful for the reasons I just mentioned) and instead making it about how pro-choicers should present themselves (which was what it was about) it allowed them to have a meaningful message for the portion of the audience that is pro-choice, rather than simply having choir practice by acting as though they’ve solved the dilemma once and for all and pissing off one or both sides anyway.
>>
>>84864096

My point is there are a fuckton of kids who need adopting and just saying "hurr durr someone else can adopt the baby!" is a complete copout.
>>
>>84864205
>I’m actually glad they didn’t make it pro vs. anti abortion.
I'm glad too, I'm just not sure if I like what they did instead. But you do make good points, I might warm up to the episode yet.
>>
>>84864403

>implying abortion isn't a complete copout
>>
>>84863908
Moral relativism is the cowards philosophy. It is created by the spineless to hamper any dialogue about virtue or principle. The world needs them or we get people who don't do anything, but self-gratification.

I'd rather have some Idealistic faggot chatting me up about how he wants to change the world then some Nihilistic defeatist saying the universe doesn't care and that their is no truth. One of them does something.
>>
>>84864493

Pot meet kettle. At least abortion doesn't dump another mouth to feed on society's doorstep and run away. It's a personal copout, where the responsible thing would have been to use proper contraception in the first place but the result of having no baby is the same. Adoption is just passing the buck on the consequences and expecting someone else to clean up your mess.
>>
>>84864001

I don't know, it's easier to sound right when you shift words around in a way that can be mistaken for clever.
>>
>>84864712

Like I said, right and wrong are human inventions. I'm not right about anything or wrong about anything. It's just a different way of looking at things. You can choose how to view reality so why not choose to be an optimist like Mr. PB.
>>
>>84864657

It's okay to admit that you don't know a thing about adoption, anon.
>>
>>84862688
It's to try to guilt-trip people who were "on the fence" with doing it in the first place.

If a person wants to do it, and has her heart set on it, it wouldn't matter right? But if they're doing it and they have any doubt that its "the right thing to do", the steps they go about trying to guilt-trip them may force them over to their way of thinking.
>>
>>84864786

Why not choose to be a motherfucking dragon?
>>
>>84860166
The song is kind of catchy.
>>
>>84862625
Source?
>>
File: 800 mad.gif (702KB, 193x298px) Image search: [Google]
800 mad.gif
702KB, 193x298px
>mfw Sarah Lynn had more of a character arc and development than Mabel Pines
>>
File: 1469544768469.jpg (109KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1469544768469.jpg
109KB, 500x647px
You literally cannot make the claim that you value life and all lives are equal if you are okay with abortion.

No amount of rewriting a definition will change that
>>
>>84866194

Anyone who makes that claim is an idiot. It's impossible to value all life equally.
>>
>>84866194
I know this is bait, but is an abortion (yes even a messy disgusting third trimester this thing has limbs and features) really on the same level of murdering someone whose had a fuller life outside of their moms womb?

Even people who get abortions don't like them. Abortion clinics are the most depressing places on earth no one gets them for fun besides dumb rich bimbos who commit all sorts of other problematic things that extends beyond their abortions. Whoever wrote the episode had it right: you go into an abortion clinics and see a bunch of young girls who are still on the whole kids themselves who made a serious serious mistake. We all make serious mistakes, but for most of us, we can live with the consequences, because the consequences are ours to bear. When you force a pregnancy and child easing on someone who isn't equipped to handle it emotionally, mentally and physically can't, you're ruining two+ lives, not just the parent or child you're "saving"
>>
>>84866457
I think he's more talking down on vegans, since any pro choice vegans value the life of a chicken over the life of a group of human cells
>>
>>84866544

I'm sure if chickens required that a human spend 9 months in discomfort, several hours in agony, and potentially sign away 18+ years of their life, then vegans wouldn't care so much about chickens either.
>>
>>84866709
I mean she could've just grabbed a morning after pill.
>>
>>84863819
>it's a "lets pretend the foster care system isn't ripe with abuse and everyone isn't completely fucked up" post
>>
>>84866457
>I know this is bait

Oh please, you can spin it any way you want but you absolutely CANNOT say that you value all lives if you abort. Someone who aborts to get rid of an "18 year problem" is in fact a piece of shit and does not value life. These people value all lives when it's not an immediate problem for them.

And I have never met a person in my life that has had a condom bust or any birth control fail before (27). It's lazy idiots that end up getting pregnant.
>>
>>84860550
yeah, pretty much
>>
>>84867089
>And I have never met a person in my life that has had a condom bust or any birth control fail before (27)
That you know of.
>>
>>84866194
why do you keep cumming in a tissue if you could impregnate a woman, anon?
you're destroying a potential life!
>>
>>84866194
>clapping your hands
>killing all those poor germs
you monster
>>
File: Bojack.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bojack.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
post yfw this whole fucking scene
>>
File: 1408824794195.gif (2MB, 388x218px) Image search: [Google]
1408824794195.gif
2MB, 388x218px
>>84867280
>from doc tyson up until bojack's cool little monologue
>>
>>84867175
>why didn't my expired birthcontrol work!
>yo why did my condom rip jus cuz its dry n shiet?

Like I said, fucking idiots.

>>84867201
>>84867268
/co/mblr, just don't even attempt.
>>
>>84867280

I don't even remember, I was still reeling from the fucking fakeout and Sarah Lynn's little meltdown.
I actually really liked how matter-of-fact a lot of the following episode was up until the end, fitting with the whole 'not seeming real' shock when shit like that happens.
>>
>>84867345
The fact you aren't attempting to argue with reasonable points and instead are throwing around the tumblr boogeyman is pretty funny.
>>
File: shit man.jpg (141KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
shit man.jpg
141KB, 563x364px
>>84867280
>>
>>84867381
>Sarah Lynn's little meltdown

>she mentions that one time how she's homeschooled by her step dad
>he's a "photographer"
>tastes bear fur in that one ep and immediately knows the taste because "her stepdad is a bear"
>assume she's been molested
>stepdad shows up on TV asking her to come home

so is he a good guy, /bo/?
>>
>>84867455
Your point was not even a reason worth arguing.
>People shouldn't be held accountable for their actions! Kids will be kids even if they are legally considered adults.

You don't value life if you do it because it will make your life easier. Simple as that. You can't compare someone with a LAZY situation like that to someone who could potentially die from having a kid.

Don't act like you are some type of protector of life if you think abortion is acceptable in a lazy "lets make my life easier lol" situation.
>>
>>84867718
how many kids do you have then anon, 20? as long you can shitpost on 4chan you have a fucking easy life
>>
When it comes to media or literature I can never pick up on implications, tones, or mood. How hard would it be for a casual to understand some of the more deeper things happening in this cartoon?

Gonna start watching it now
>>
>>84867846
>every time you have sex you have kids.

WRAP YOUR SHIT UP HOMEBOY. DON'T LEAVE YOUR WRAPS IN YOUR GLOVE BOX AND DON'T LEAVE THAT SHIT IN YOUR WALLET.
>>
File: 1468344371153.png (266KB, 576x393px) Image search: [Google]
1468344371153.png
266KB, 576x393px
>>84867846
since when did blowing the fuck out of virgins become shitposting?
>>
>>84867280
Anyone have the painting from the beginning of the episode?>>84867280
>>
>>84867900
>When it comes to media or literature I can never pick up on implications, tones, or mood
Then what the hell do you pick up?
>>
>>84867268

>clapping hands kills germs

Wow. Tumblrinas really are fucking stupid.
>>
>>84867089
I wouldn't say I value all life (guy you're responding to nkt that other fuccboi who responded). I value the potential all life has equally, but obvious some lives are more valuable than others. By valuing potential, I think it's easier to construct an argument of "ruining two potentials (child and mother, possibly more/whoever is around to help her)" > "ruining "one" life" in terms of severity. You don't have to value all lives equally, but you have to value someone's potential enough to respect the choice they make in regards to their future, even if you think it's wrong, immoral, etc.

The biggest issue with modern liberalism is that these people have a disgusting moral absolutism that rivals tea party/hardcore conservatives. It's beyond ignorant to believe in your own moral superiority, let alone using justifications like abortion or sex to prove how "progressive" you are.

You don't have to like abortion. You can think it's disgusting, revolting, inhuman. You can fantasize about murdering patients and doctors or bombing clinics so long as you keep it in the fiction realm. But don't morally high road anons or others because you think your perception of something is innately superior to someone else's because you've found "faults" in their arguments
>>
>>84868454
>calling people stupid
>killing all those feelings
>>
>>84863544
>I believe the weak should fear the strong.

Congratulations! The culmination of thousands of years of civilization is: no one wants to deal with that shit anymore. Turns out that 'might makes right' also makes it hard to get anything done, because meatheads just kill and take the stuff of the people actually doing anything productive.

If everyone is off killing their own meat to eat, that means they are not building shit or doing the work that advances our country, like training doctors or building infrastructure. You can't run a complex civilization if you are till worrying about day to day survival needs like hunting for food.

You are harkening back to a culture that was objectively worse off for everyone involved.
>>
I don't see why people are so against abortion
People that think they aren't prepared enough should get one
They will be always guilty people that will have their babies even if abortion is an option
Having another option isn't bad even if it makes the mother be a "irresponsible monster without feelings" or whatever pro-life people call them
If they don't take care of the baby/fetus or adopt they shouldn't decide what to do with it
>>
>>84869269
> don't see why people are so against abortion

Some people see it as the same as killing an already born baby. Not just 'like' it, but the same.

Its an understandable position. The point where it goes from 'not a person' to 'its a person' is sort of nebulous, and for a lot of people its just easier to say its a person as soon as its conceived.

I believe that abortion should be an option, personally. I grew up on a farm, living alongside the reality that sometimes sparing a life isn't the right call. Sometimes putting the animal down is the best thing for it. Quality of life over quantity of life.

Raising a new human life is the most important thing you will ever do. It costs an absolute shitton of money and time, and the consequences of it reach beyond your own life and death. It is absolutely not something that should be taken lightly, or forced upon someone who either doesn't want it or isn't ready for it.

Other people disagree with me on some or even all of the above points. And thats fine.
>>
>>84869212
I mean we're not building infrastructure NOW because the mighty've adapted into stock brokers.
>>
I just had the most insane idea for season 4.
>Episode 1 opens with Bojack watching the horses running
>Suddenly, a truck horn can be heard, and it cuts to black
>Intro begins, but it isn't Bojack's house
>It's Princess Carolyn's
>The intro continues, but instead of Bojack, we follow PC as she goes about her daily routine, ending with her collapsing on her bed
>In the first shot, a newspaper with the headline "Missing" and the rest blurred out can be seen
>Each episode's intro follows a different character's morning routine, each one with more hints of Bojack's death, until episode 11
>Episode 11 has Mr. Peanutbutter in the intro, and ends with him at Bojack's funeral
>The episode ends at the funeral, the people who knew Bojack mourning his demise, when a figure walks up to them.
>The very last line of the episode is "WHAT ARE YOOOU DOING HEERE??
>Episode 12's intro follows BJ in a rural town inhabited by other horses, his smile juxtaposing the increasingly gaunt and exhausted faces of those he knew in Hollywoo. The rest of the episode tl;dr's his time between episodes 1 and 11, all the way to the funeral
>>
>>84869269
>I don't see why people are so against abortion

Do you actually not see or do you just not agree?

I hate when people say they don't understand a position, then have someone else explain it to them, then try and argue with the person who explains it like they agree with it, and act like they won an argument.

If you do this with >>84869704 then you are literally Hitler.
>>
>>84863145
The net result of that would be an increase in people that end up on welfare.

You should think about the big picture if personal greed is your reason for not supporting free abortions.
>>
>>84869269
Why would people be even remotely guilty then if they are killing something that isn't classified as a human or animal

Really makes you think.
>>
I liked that Diane actually went and had the abortion. Not "miracle miscarriage." Not "I'm actually gonna keep it."

She went and had it, with trivial debate on the part of actually deciding whether to have it, and that was the end of the story, and along the way we had a really fun satire of the whole abortion debate in the U.S. and a really catchy song too.
>>
>>84867345
>my contraceptive of choice failed for some unfunny reason
>i literally cannot live unless i tell absolutely everyone i know about this

boring/10
Please put some effort into your trolling next time.
>>
>>84869988

I don't understand why someone would get frustrated over someone saying they don't understand a position, then have someone else explain it to them, then try and argue with the person who explains it like they agree with it, and act like they won an argument.
>>
>>84870286
Or here's a fucking grand idea, it makes people actually stop fucking everything with a heartbeat and actually practice safe sex since STDs aren't enough
>>
>>84870286
>You should think about the big picture if personal greed is your reason for not supporting free abortions.
>You should be forced by the government to pay for the bad choices of others
By your logic, we can rob people blind as long as it's for a good cause.

This is the worst Bojack thread I've seen yet.
>>
Abortion is only acceptable in cases of rape, danger to the mother, and I guess if the kid is gonna be fucked up.

Not getting pregnant is really easy if you pullout, use a condom, or use birth control or better yet do all three.
>>
>>84870680

It's actually quite clever, because while all the debating is happening, real women ARE going and getting abortions every day. The whole notion of a TV episode pitting the two sides of the debate against each other often forgets this, and the notion that such debate has any impact on the present reality is absurd. Massive town-wide debates don't usually ignite every time someone decides to get an abortion, and treating abortion like that on screen probably doesn't do people any favours for the anxiety of having to discuss having one.
Not to mix hot-button issues, but it reminds me of the whole 'gays raising kids' argument, acting like it'll cause the end of the world when gay people have been raising kids for a long fucking time without anyone's permission. Or this recent ridiculousness over transpeople using public bathrooms, as if up until now they've just always held it in.
>>
>>84870795
>giving people access to the most practical option for everyone and letting the problem manage itself?
>pshhh, nah
>let's just try and control the sexual urges and practices of millions of people from all kinds of walks of life
>>
>>84870795
That would require worthwile sex education.
Good fucking luck making that happen in biblethumperland
>>
>>84870957
but condoms are racist to black people
>>
>>84870680
I liked how supportive Mr. Peanutbutter was.
Also the "Congratulations, it's a Boy" with boy crossed out and "bortion" penciled in.
>>
>>84870957
>Not getting pregnant is really easy if you pullout, use a condom, or use birth control or better yet do all three.
So what, though? Why is bringing an unwanted child into the world considered punishment for being a dumbass?

It's really easy to not crush your thumb with a hammer while building a shelf, but a hospital isn't going to refuse to treat him on the grounds that he's a dumbass.
>>
File: 1468119557113.jpg (68KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
1468119557113.jpg
68KB, 960x536px
>a fucking abortion episode of all things triggers /co/
>>
>>84863809
>In the end the scared teenager that admitted how shitty the process of an abortion actually is was the most sound person.

Exactly, feel bad for this cunt who is about to murder a little human being because she is scared. Fuck that.
>>
>>84870862

You pay the government for the services provided by the government. Not all of the services will benefit you personally. In fact, it would be pretty absurd if all of them COULD benefit you personally.

Getting mad about your tax dollars going to pay for abortions is akin to getting mad that your tax dollars are being used to build roads in states you never plan to visit. You are never going to Oregon, why should you pay to fix their shitty roads?

The answer is that they are paying to fix YOUR shitty roads too.

If you have a problem with your tax dollars going to abortions, just assume that your tax dollars go to funding the military or the post office instead. Statistically, that is waaaaaay more likely than a single cent of your tax dollars in specific actually being spent on abortions in any given year.
>>
>>84871295

You must have very low standards for what counts as 'triggered'. This is, by any reasonable metric, a very civil discussion on the topic.
>>
>>84870739
ur gay
>>
>>84871295

It's almost as if abortion is divisive.
>>
>>84863478
People who don't support war still have to pay for it with their tax dollars.
>>
>>84862292
I didn't feel any butthurt, it felt more about showing how obnoxious pop stars are. Though I loved that video.
Most aborted children would just grow up to be criminals, so I say if you're single and not ready, zap the little fucker.
>>
>It's a right wingers act like the only proven way to stop abortions isn't by increased contraception education and usage thread
>>
>>84866073
well, Bojack has had more seasons. Though over a shorter time...
>>
>>84860166
I want to ____ that dolphin
>>
File: 1468888137047.png (456KB, 433x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468888137047.png
456KB, 433x461px
>I want to be an architect
>>
>>84860303
FETUS GET
>>
>>84875805
Sarah Lynn's had notably less screen time than Mabel.
>>
>>84860166
Fuck this song is so catchy, I have to stop myself from singing it in public.
>>
File: fuckmoment.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmoment.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Has anyone talked about the effectiveness of the 'fuck moment' in this show? I don't recall if this happened in season 1, but both season 2 and 3 have a particular scene where the f-word is thrown, contrasting the rest of the season.

In season 2, that's when Charlotte discovers BoJack with Penny, in season 3, it's when Todd rants to BoJack about having slept with Emily.

"Fuck, man... what else is there to say?"

I find that by withholding the world until the very climax makes the scene amazingly effective. Just needed to get that out of my system.
>>
>>84870680
It's one of the things that separate this show from others. I don't see an episode like this happening on a TV comedy. In most comedies, an unexpected baby is a season-wide thing... the A word doesn't even get uttered by the characters.

I love how this show simply disregards that and creates an episode about such a hot topic with silly jokes while still being true to their position - that abortion happens. It shows that they can literally do anything they want, and for such a well-made cartoon, this is a great thing.
>>
>>84862287
>it means that we will get a future like Idiocracy

Not hardly. As abortions and planned parenthood get more and more popular, we see a lot more "Idiots" with low attention spans and loose grips on personal responsibility tossing out the baby with the bathwater.
>>
>>84869807
that'd be fun, but a whole episode without BoJack wouldn't work as well.

Maybe if we find out about his return at like episode 9 or 10, and the next 2 would show what happened.
>>
Forcing a woman to have sex against her will is rape.

I don't see how forcing her to have a baby against her will is any better.
>>
>>84877644
I really hope you're a time traveler, so you can tell your parents the pros of Abortion.
>>
>>84860481
Or you could, you know, not have sex.
>>
>>84879509
I wish I had been aborted.
>>
>>84860550
I want an episode where some one-off character (possibly a fellow writer on that feminist blog she's part of now) needs someone to watch their kid for an afternoon.

Diane offers, because she wants to be helpful, but her coworker is reluctant to entrust the child to her when she kind of aborted hers.
>>
>>84876947
It REALLY does. Shows that overuse it are just so dull and feel kind of childish to me now.
>>
>>84869807
Todd: I don't get it, Princess Carolyn. BoJack wasn't a complete asshole, but he was still a huge asshole. Why am I so sad that he might be...that he is...gone?
Princess Carolyn: Same reason anyone who really knew him is. If BoJack Horseman could have crawled out of his greased-up, self-made sad-hole of a life, then the rest of us could too if we ever dug ourselves into one.
Todd: That's...that's not very fair to BoJack.
Princess Carolyn: No, it isn't, Todd. It really not fair at all. But we were all thinking it.
>>
>>84863430
>>84864205
>>84862292
There's a smidgen of criticism towards the Pro-Choice side as Bojack's stance on the matter was basically:

"Thank god for abortions. If it wasn't for those, I'd have a whole bunch of bastard kids running around trying to mooch off of me."

So it's cautionary against that extremist notion that abortion is less of a valid option and more of a "Get Out of Baby Jail Free Card. Why aren't you picking this 100% of the time. You some kind of glutton for punishment and monetary distress? Sucker."
>>
>>84870862
You're forced to pay for them regardless. Increased crime means more tax money needed for law enforcement and more economic drag.

Until such time that we can all have our own private island, immune from the rest of the world, you have to be realistic.
>>
>>84860550
I never thought I'd see the day that 4chan brings up Ensoulment.

Remeber niggas, Zeno figured this shit out.

First you are a have the soul of a plant before you are born, When you first breathe you have an animal soul, and finally you aren't a real Human until you're 14 years old.
>>
>>84861457
Fuck off with your nanny state big brother government moralizing.

The government has no place in or on the reproductive organs of citizens.
>>
>>84863430
>And Diane's own political leanings sort of muddied the waters where SHE started generating the 'abortion argument' they were trying to avoid. And that's fair enough in character for her, but it feels like there was something missing to contextualise it within the episode.

It was to remind teh viewer that Diane still isn't over her belligerent journalist crusader kick yet. She's still looking for a cause to fight for because she thinks doing so is the only way to escape the memories of her terrible family and miserable high school years. Not necessarily because it's right, but because she wants to feel right. Todd gave her the opportunity to help Cordovia in a meaningful way, but she didn't hear him out because she was more concerned with some over-the-hill tv star molesting his secretaries.

Of note, her talk with the abortion clinic client not married to a super rich Hollywoo icon showed that even when she's hip-deep in the issue she's gabbing on about, she's terribly inconsiderate of the intelligence and emotions of those she's supposodely fighting for, believing them to be so helpless and stupid that they'd commit infanticide and view themselves as ghetto clowns because of a jokey cash-grab pop single.

It climaxes in that embarassing water scene in the diner. Holy fuck.
>>
>>84861588
The US was founded by slave owners/terrorist traitors who actually had less taxes than the British mainland citizens at the time so holy shit maybe things don't always have the cleanest origins.
>>
>>84877207
But abortions have been on a steady decline nation wide forever. The only exceptions are in abstinence only education areas.
>>
>>84876947
In Season 3, Diane says "Fucker" at the very beginning of the Abortion episode.
>>
>>84860166
I like that Diane's revelation about how the song wasn't supposed to be taken seriously was foreshadowed in the season's 3rd episode when Goober explained that he called the heroin he was peddling "BoJack" not because of some symbolic resentment but because it made for a catchy relevant gag he could profit from.
>>
>>84863478
Except for the part where any tax dollars go towards abortions at all.
>>
>>84880400
No. That was a loophole

She said Fu in the Gush episode and Ker in the Abortion episode.
>>
>>84880445
Fair enough. And it was pretty clever/funny.
>>
>>84863544
lmao the stone ages called. they want their outdated mode of thinking back.

>if you can't kill, you can't eat.
The moment we had civilization and specialized labor, aka around 3000 BC certain people stopped killing for food because they were smart enough or rich enough to get dumber people like you to do it for them.

Work smarter not harder for your food bro

>I believe those who won't do it are weak and don't deserve meat. I believe the weak should fear the strong.

Loosen the fedora
>>
>>84877644
No one forced her to have the sex to have the baby

actions have consequences and creating life is the biggest consequence of all. People shouldn't engage in risky irresponsible behavior if they aren't willing to face the consequences of their actions.
>>
>>84860481
Unwanted by who?

Everybody's unwanted by someone.

Be careful about making it easier to get rid of unwanted people. You'll be one someday.
>>
>>84876947

Breaking Bad was allowed one 'fuck' per season and always used it in really important moments where it'd have real impact, maybe Bojack has the same sort of deal.
>>
>>84877644
Except the law had nothing to do with giving birth or not giving birth to a baby.
Aborting a fetus was illegal, Anon, didn't matter whose womb it was in. That's why they didn't arrest a woman if someone else deliberately caused a miscarriage by, say, pushing her down the stairs.
Thread posts: 198
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.