[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/ I'm looking for comic recs. I'd like some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Breakfast Foes.jpg (111KB, 540x764px) Image search: [Google]
Breakfast Foes.jpg
111KB, 540x764px
Hey /co/ I'm looking for comic recs.
I'd like some fun capeshit. I haven't read a ton, I really liked Ultimate Spider-Man (pre miles), and I've read a handful of other stuff friends have recommended me. Sandman, a bit of Hellboy, All Star Supes, etc.
My all time favorite series is Superior Foes, but I'm really just looking for some good fun cape stories.
I mostly just lurk on /co/ so if rec threads are as hated as they are on /a/, just berate me and I'll delete it.
>>
There's like one autist who hates these threads but they're fine. Don't worry about him if he shows up.

Go read Morrison's Animal Man
>>
>>84843994
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>84844018
Oh, that's another one I read. I liked it a lot.
I've seen a lot of people bitch about the ending, but I thought it was pretty tolerable, I guess.

>>84844025
isn't that board a fucking ghost town?
>>
>>84843994
If you aren't reading it already, try The Fix, it's by the same creative team as Superior Foes.
There's also Spiderman and the X-Men, which is a pretty fun mini about Spiderman teaching a misfit group of X-students, pretty entertaining.
Ewing's New Avengers is pretty entertaining. If you like it, also look up his series at 2000 AD called Zombo, it's hilarious.
>>
>>84844060
Well Seven Soldiers is must-read if you like Morrison's DC stuff. Honestly you can just kind of go through anything he's worked on at this point.

And generally I recommend Flash v2 #1-225 to anyone even slightly interested in the Flash (consider reading Impulse too when he gets introduced if you like him). Not sure if that's you or not.
>>
Why you don't like miles. He was good tell they started over useing the venom blast.
>>
Jack Staff by Paul Grist
The Flaming Carrot by Bob Burden
Catalyst Comix by Joe Casey
Plastic Man by Kyle Baker
>>
Any specific characters or eras you-re interested in?
>>
If you liked Sandman read Batman's A Serious House on a Serious Earth, not exactly fun in the same sense as Superior Foes, even though Joker is funny in that book.
The "new" Scarlet Spider (Kaine) and Venom (up 'til spaceman shit) runs.
>>
Would someone be kind and drop some must read Superman? Started to have some interest in him.
>>
>>84844414
Johns (Action Comics) and Busiek (Superman) runs starting with Up, Up, and Away
>>
>>84844249
I didn't dislike him, I just didn't read him. I stopped reading after Peter died and I never got back around to it. Now it seems like there's so much fucking Miles stuff and i can't tell if it's differing universes or not.

>>84844324
I'd like to expand my zero knowledge of Green Lantern stuff.

>>84844242
I don't know a ton of DC, so I'll look into the Flash issues. I really liked the first season of the CW show, not sure if that's a good thing.

>>84844148
I keep forgetting to check out the Fix, and thanks for the other two

>>84844372
The "New" Venom, too?

Oh, bonus question, was New52 Jamie as good as Pre52 was? I loved pre52 Jamie. I think I'm spelling it right.
>>
>>84843994
Oh yeah, try out The Goon. It's pretty fun, though later volumes are pretty heavy. Think Hellboy but with a more humorous bent.
>>
>>84844447
For Flash and GL Johns is a pretty good go too. His Flash vol. 3 is a pretty awesome run on Wally, and he wrote GL for fucking ages as well.
For Flash it's also probably worth checking out Waid's run, it's probably the definitive Barry Allen story.
From what I understand nu52 Jaimie wasn't as good, no, but I never heard anything really bad about it so it might be worth checking out. pre-nu52 Jaimie is a tough run to beat, so it might just have looked bad by comparison.
Oh, and check out Giffen's Larfleeze mini, it was pretty great.
>>
>>84844447
>I don't know a ton of DC, so I'll look into the Flash issues. I really liked the first season of the CW show, not sure if that's a good thing.

I'll add that vol 2 is all Wally. If you find the early Baron stuff a little stuff slow then skip to #15 and try WML and if that doesn't work skip to Waid at #62, but I suggest starting with #1 because you get a better grasp on Wally's character growth. Crazy speed force stuff isn't really until Waid though.

Liking the show isn't bad. I don't think there are really any huge misconceptions you'd have picked up from it, assuming you already know the Star Labs setup, Wests adopting Barry, etc just is unique to the show.
>>
>>84844447
New52 Jaime is not good, sadly.
>>
I've been waiting for a rec thread to ask a question
Where does everyone 'acquire' their comics?
>>
>>84844946
I buy them from The Win-O Thread my local comic shop
>>
>>84844946
Are you asking how to pirate comics?
>>
>>84845050
Of course i am

>>84845033
Wow, okay, I guess I'm just never here on wednesdays. thanks anon.
>>
>>84845114
They do have an archive.
>>
>>84845132
no, yea I see it now.
I'm saying I'm surprised I didn't know about it before.
>>
>>84845114
Also torrentz.eu and LibGen are useful resources.
>>
I appreciate all the recs, the only thing I have left to ask before I quit for the night is if anyone has some good recs for Shazaam/Captain Marvel or Booster Gold
>>
>>84845696
Got a couple options there.
Monster Society of Evil is a classic of course. Thunderworld is good as well. Johns The Curse of Shazam for the new 52 is also good, though a bit of a different take on the character.
For Booster Gold there's Giffen's JLI, 52 and his solo series.
>>
>>84845787
Someone told me to read stuff with Booster and Blue Beetle, but didn't know what authors wrote them well together. Know anything with them?
>>
>>84845919
That's JLI. Blue and Gold is basically the dream team.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.