[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always felt as if the history of Cartoon Network can be divided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: CN.png (2MB, 2104x1384px) Image search: [Google]
CN.png
2MB, 2104x1384px
I always felt as if the history of Cartoon Network can be divided into currently about 6 relatively easy to distinguish periods. They might not all be perfectly named, but here they are nonetheless.

The current "neo" CN seems to be about simple, cheap designs and more than normal amounts of reboots. I'm curious as to when the next transition will be.
>>
>>84810509
>7-minute episodes shows and second-screen interactivity

You were warned.
>>
File: pic2016-06-25-22h03m35s020.png (259KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
pic2016-06-25-22h03m35s020.png
259KB, 640x478px
I guess with how popular AT and RS became, CN probably figured we needed more "down to earth" cartoons rather than the crazier ones. Doesn't help that we got shit like Squirrel Boy and Out of Jimmy's Head to turn off some people from that area.
>>
Are the revival and Neo CN eras really all that distinct?

Honestly seems like Steven Universe is just an extension of the same kind of show that AT and even RS are.
>>
>>84812546
Not OP but I actually agree with this... year-wise it'd be something like:

Classic CN 1996 - 2002

New Millennium 2003 - 2005
Mid 00s Stall 2005 - 2008
Live Action Drought 2008 - 2010

Revival 2010 - 2013
New CN 2013 - now

I think you could cluster the ones grouped together, but they feel more pronounced cause we all lived through them.
>>
>>84810509
I was trying to figure out what was off about this picture. It's because Ed, Edd N Eddy isn't there. Only representing each era with three shows is nice and tidy but fuck me if EE&E wasn't one of the most defining shows in the channel's history. Lasted from Classic era all the way up to Live Action Drought too.
>>
>>84812968
That's why it isn't on there. It lasted across several eras.
>>
File: 1438197360101.jpg (75KB, 590x768px) Image search: [Google]
1438197360101.jpg
75KB, 590x768px
>>84810509
>RS, AT, and Gumball are close to their death beds
>>
File: FEELS INTENSIFY.gif (28KB, 160x59px) Image search: [Google]
FEELS INTENSIFY.gif
28KB, 160x59px
>>84810509
>tfw I can name everything except the squirrel thing and the cartoon/live mash
>>
>>84812968
>fuck me if EE&E wasn't one of the most defining shows in the channel's history.
Ok. Fuck you.
>>
>>84810509
>>live action drought
>decent cartoon
>great cartoon
>mediocre yet acceptable live action/animation hybrid
What?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.