[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started reading Wonder Woman Rebirth and I need something to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I started reading Wonder Woman Rebirth and I need something to be clarified. Okay so if Diana was supposedly made of Clay or the Daughter of Zues and was seen as an outcast by her peers, then who were the other Amazonians conceived if they have never seen men?

I'm just getting into the whole Wonder Woman lore properly so I was confused, at first I thought it was a birthing matrix like in Man of Steel but that is a dumb assumption.
>>
>>84807777
Athena reincarnated female murder-victim-souls?
>>
Nice holy quads.

Unfortunately, none of the origins for the Amazons have ever really been made to properly work. Different writers bounce between different origins constantly, and none of them seem to work well.

The only real constant is that Hippolyta is their queen and Hera is their patron goddess. Everything else is up for grabs.
>>
>>84807908
oh okay, I thought I was dumb for not knowng how the other amazonians were born. shit now this is gonna stick at the back of my mind everytime i read wondy now
>>
In the post-Crisis/Perez origin they were reincarnated murder victims
In the new 52/Azz origin they had rape and murder pillages for the purpose of getting pregnant
There have been other takes too obviously. Just depends on the version like you said with the birthing matrix vs Clark being born on Krypton vs whatever else.

We don't know what the true origin will be yet for Rebirth obviously. It's supposed to be confusing for now, a little mystery thing. My guess is that it's just an in-universe evolving myth thing and naturally the story will change over time.
>>
>>84807777
Prior to the rapeazons the general conception (lol) is that they were a bunch of Greek women whose husbands were murdered by Ares' army and taken as sex slaves. A bunch of stuff happened and they were freed and the gods felt bad for them so gave them Paradise Island and immortality as a result.
Hippolyta wanted a daughter after several centuries and so we got clay baby Diana.
None of the other Amazons showed an interest in having kids or exploring "man's world" in all those centuries so the population remained stable.
>>
>>84808019
>>84808043
lol wow, okay last question. How does that explain dana being around amazon girls her own age or any amazonians younger than her. Or is her generation of amazonians the last?
>>
>>84807777
It changes from author to author...

The Perez Reboot has the Amazons as the reincarnations of women throughout the centuries who were wrongfully slain by the evils of Man's World and granted immortality. New amazons simply new souls and are literally reborn out of the sea foam that surrounds Themyscira

The Azzarello reboot had them taking annual trips off-shore, raping/killing nearby sailors and selling the male children to Hephaestus as slave labor in exchange for armor and weapons

Renae De Liz's Legend of Wonder Woman has the Amazons split into two groups, Immortal leaders who are infertile and mortal amazons who are impregnated with souls from the underworld by the Gods in exchange for their continued worship and servitude
>>
>>84808233
alright i'm with it now, thanks. So i'm assuming a new origin will be established for rebirth
>>
>>84808267
Knowing Rucka, he'll probably land the origin somewhere between Perez and De Liz's takes...
>>
>>84808222
That's kind of the point. She usually does not have anyone her age because of this. I think one origin for Donna is that they wanted to give Diana a playmate?

In the most recent one they made her born only a little after the last Amazonian pillage so there were some like Aleka around her age.

It's just kind of part of origin stories. Basics stay, details get tweaked.
>>
>>84808233

>Renae De Liz's Legend of Wonder Woman has the Amazons split into two groups, Immortal leaders who are infertile and mortal amazons who are impregnated with souls from the underworld by the Gods in exchange for their continued worship and servitude

That's pretty hard-core. Is the comic any good?

Before in the Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths continuity the amazons were simple immortal while on the island.
>>
>>84808469
Not him, but I read the first couple of digital issues where Diana was young and it was cute but I can't keep up with those frequent releases. Art was good enough that I might buy the trade eventually based on that alone.
>>
>>84808469
At a time when the Finches were in charge of Diana's mainline book, it was a breath of fresh air...

I highly recommend it. The main character dynamic isn't so much between Diana and Steve but rather Diana and Etta Candy. It even has some pretty clever but not intrusive references to the larger DC Universe...
>>
>>84808469
I've got the first few issues in print though I've fallen behind and am now just trade waiting for the rest of it. But from those first issues(up to 3 or 4 before I fell off) it was a pretty solid comic, good art, nice pacing, and generally a fun read.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.