[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.vice.com/video/nick-gazi n-guide-to-comic-books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1467791828273.gif (175KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1467791828273.gif
175KB, 500x375px
http://www.vice.com/video/nick-gazin-guide-to-comic-books

What do you think of this guys choices?
>>
I might have clicked if it wasn't a video
>>
>>84805334
I too can't be assed to watch a video.
>>
>>84805220
>Watch: A Completely Objective
>nope.jpg
That was as far as I got
>>
>>84805220
I tried again.

I can't take a person with that mustache seriously.
>>
i like his dry humor, dont like his facial hair, he has good taste but he shouldnt have said best in the title, however that was likely for clickbait purposes. he does somewhat clarify that these are more important than good, and in that i agree. but idk about most important. who knows. cool list but just who cares. enjoy whatever you want.
>>
>>84806151
I do actually agree with him about Mad being the most important. It helped shaft the CBA.
>>
>>84806223
without a doubt. i mean that simply is an objective fact, i dont much like his comparison to SNL simply because of how much better MAD was than SNL
>>
>>84806151
What about his comments on stan lee and capeshit?
>>
i keep hearing "best" and "most important" being used interchangeably. while there is some overlap, they do not mean the same thing.

that being said, the list seems pretty legit, as far as describing the "most important" comics goes.

if we're talking influence, a few that i think were snubbed may have been Archie or something representative of newspaper comics (Peanuts, Calvin and Hobbes). webcomics are a relatively new thing but they're opening a lot of doors to do different things with the comics medium and so maybe one of the earliest, best and longest-running webcomics should have had a place on the list (if we're talking "most influential").
>>
If you can't be arsed to watch it:

10. Jimbo by Gary Panter
9. Raw Magazine
8. Love & Rockets
7. Hate by Peter Bagge
6. Carl Barks' various Duck comics
5. Eightball by Daniel Clowes
4. Robert Crumb's works
3. Jack Kirby's Marvel output
2. DC Comics, in general, before 1962 (but based on what he says, he highlights the early Silver Age, particularly Super-family comics during that era)
1. Mad Magazine (especially the first 23 issues before it was actually a magazine)

Overall, not a bad list.
>>
>>84806528
objective fact, stan cucked kirby and others, HOWEVER, the man can fucking write and anyone who denies that is a moron
>>
>>84806560
>Mad Magazine
Shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.