[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the spoilers are actually real. >30,000 ago, Darkseid's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 296
Thread images: 19

File: 1469405726438.jpg (124KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469405726438.jpg
124KB, 900x600px
So the spoilers are actually real.

>30,000 ago, Darkseid's invasion is repeled by humanity, Atlantis and Themyscira, and three Mother Boxes are left behind and divided between the three. Once united they became a weapon of mass destruction.

>On present day, Darkseid's enforcer Steppenwolf is lured to Earth by Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology and his soldiers, the Parademons, begin kidnapping scientists.

>Batman finds out about it and asks Wonder Woman for help to recruit a team to stop them. The Flash agrees, Aquaman and Cyborg initially decline. Cyborg later changes his mind when his father is kidnapped.

>Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Cyborg find the Parademons' nest and rescue the scientists, while Steppenwolf steals Atlantis' Mother Box, forcing Aquaman to join the team.

>They attempt to protect Themyscira's Mother Box, but fail, and feel like failures. Batman convinces them they can't give up and they converge to protect the last Mother Box which is in possession of the United States. Steppenwolf still retrieves it and activates the weapon.

>Superman comes back to life and helps them defeat Steppenwolf. Cyborg interfaces with the weapon, disables it, and teleports the Parademons back to Apokolips.

>The world saved, the heroes decide to stay together as the Justice League. Darkseid finds out about them and plans to attack Earth himself.

Bravo, Snyder.
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
Pretty sure OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
>>84804734
>>Superman comes back to life and helps them defeat Steppenwolf.

But how?
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
OP is a faggot
>>
>>84804905
He's going to punch him really hard, how else would he defeat him?
>>
>>84804905
by le OP's faggotery
>>
>>84804905
Probably the same healing coma bullshit from the comics with about a 50% chance of the explanation actually being in the theatrical cut.
>>
>>84804905

He's in a super-coma while his body repairs itself. He's done it in the comics before.
>>
>>84804905
Kryptonian regeneration matrix
>>
File: obituary.jpg (361KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
obituary.jpg
361KB, 1200x600px
>>84804905
He was really Clark Kent all this time and merely faked his own death.
>>
So if he's buried how is he getting sunlight to regenerate?
>>
>>84804905
>>84804934
>>84804950
>>84804955
>>84804979
>>84805027

I think we're forgetting a very important detail here.

OP is a faggot
>>
>All this DC butthurt
>>
It doesn't sound great but it doesn't sound awful. The only thing that pisses me off is that they're wasting Black Canary.
>>
>>84804734
Well if its true.
its sounds ok.
please dont ruin it snyder
>>
>>84804734
It's literally the same plot from Avengers.

Just replace Steppenwolf with Loki, Darkseid with Thanos, Mother Box with Cosmic Cube, Parademons with Chitauri.

I mean everyone was begging them to just copy the MCU but they're not even trying to hide it with this and Wonder Woman: The First Avenger.
>>
>>84805801
>It's literally the same plot from Avengers.

That's 100% Johns to be honest. The more Snyder puts in the movie (seven samurais and Arthurian stuff) the less avenger the movie will be.
>>
>>84805801
Wonder Woman doesn't look anything like First Avenger
>>
>>84805922
>hero drawn into an American war using a shield all the time

I mean yeah I don't know how anyone could make the comparison. Retard.

Replace some of those horses with motorcycles and you have almost shot-for-shot remakes of Cap scenes.
>>
>>84806059
Shut up OP

you faggot
>>
>>84805879
>Seven samurais
But they are 6, 5 in two thirds of the movie
>>
>>84806085
I'm not OP. That sounds like something a faggot would say.
>>
>>84806002
That's a false equivalency. Having a similar surface trait doesn't make it a copy. They really aren't similar at all. You could make the same dumb fallacy for any movie.
>>
>>84806130
It's pretty damn similar, bro. Diana even has her own Howling Commandos.
>>
>>84806194
Ah yes, I remember the part in First Avenger where they go to the mythical island blessed by the gods
>>
>>84806194
The similarities begin and end with both movies taking place during a World War and that isn't something that's exclusive to Captain America.
>>
>>84806261
False equivalent.
>>
>>84806194
Who?
>>
>>84806561
That's not a false equivalence. Calling it a copy of TFA because of a couple superficial similarities is though.
>>
>>84806581
Her multiethnic support team including Spud, Breaker, Lupin, Kirk and unknown Apache man.
>>
>>84806343
and fighting primarily with a shield, and having a team of howling commandos, and having a love plot doomed by the passage of time
>>
>>84806731
and the part where Steve has never seen a man before
>>
>>84806731
Can you name any more face level wimilarities or are you done?
>>
>>84804905
Because he's Jesus.
>>
>>84806731
Ah yes, we didn't see Wonder Woman fight with a lasso and sword at all in that trailer at all, totally primarily the shield
>>
>>84806797
The fact the origins are different doesn't change the fact the story structure is very similar.
>>
>be OP
>Suck cocks
>>
>>84806877
You're right, the part where the character's motivations and characterizations will have no effect on how the story plays out. I remember fondly how Steve Rogers was a fish out of water learning about the world of man and its conflict.
>>
>>84805036
Muh Jesus metaphor.

We don't need no queer Eradicator queer shit in the Znyderverse, which is for mature adults such as myself.
>>
>>84806105
>That sounds like something a faggot would say.
you would know because you're a faggot
>>
>>84807090

Someone said there was a whole leak of the script. Cyborg visits Supermans grave and hears his heart beat and realizes he's in a coma. Dr. Stone has a miniature artificial sun in his lab. They put Superman in it and bring him to life.
>>
>>84807376
How do they know sunlight helps him?
>>
>>84807463
The same way they knew Kryptonite hurts him - experiments done on Zods body.
>>
File: 2884166-stevetrevor01.png (247KB, 286x532px) Image search: [Google]
2884166-stevetrevor01.png
247KB, 286x532px
This sound bad. There's nothing in this that make the movie stand out.

Say what you want about MoS and BvS, but at least those movie tackled a bunch of neat stuffs: MoS with the alien invasion + 9/11 parallels and BvS with media bashing about MUH TRUTH and the generational conflict.

This... this just seem like a copy The Avengers.

Who knows, maybe they will tackle prejudice and international politics with the whole Atlanteans, Amazons and Humans thing? That could be neat. Specially in light of Brexit.
>>
>>84807463
The same way Lois knew to grab the spear.
Fuck you. That's how.
>>
>>84807648
>This... this just seem like a copy The Avengers.
It's unfortuantely what audiences want.

MoS and BVS got resounding no's in every regard.

People chanted asking for quips and light heartedness and that is what we will get.
>>
>>84807676

Lois knew how to grab the spear because the spear hurt Superman, she knew Lex was planning something with the Scout Ship and watched the bright light in the sky with something heavy falling.
>>
>>84807711

But you could have a lighthearted movie and still do something neat... right?

Fuck. Well, at least i have Wonder Woman movie with the WW1 and Diana naively treating everything in black & white while discovering that there's no right side in that war only senseless carnage promoted by Ares because humans are easily manipulated and corrupted.
>>
>>84807676
That's nonsensical.

In the DC Universe as it stands the only things that fly around and have super powers are kryptonians. She knows that shit is going down at the kryptonian ship and then doomsday appears.

It's 2 and 2, don't be intentionally thick.
>>
>>84807780
>But you could have a lighthearted movie and still do something neat... right?
desu no. Disney is the cutting edge of safe and light hearted and I wouldn't rate any of their movies 'neat'.
>>
>>84807711
They want GOOD movies. If JL is a bad movie all the lightheartedness and quips in the world won't be able to save it.
>>
>>84807811

Fuck this. I want MUH SOCIAL COMMENTARY.
>>
>>84807824
Disney has created a tried, true and safe blue print for success. Good movies are safe movies. People want something they can take their kids too, something that makes them laugh, they want the superhero to win with a smile and let's just sweep under the rug any realistic casualties or by products of what is going on. That kind of movie sells.
>>
>>84807927
That's what superheroes have ALWAYS been, Anon. If you want to feel like shit go watch Burn After Reading or A Serbian Film.
>>
>>84807780
>But you could have a lighthearted movie and still do something neat... right?
Yeah, 30 years ago when Spielberg was at the top of his game. Movies like that don't exist anymore. They're all the same homogeneous cookie cutter garbage to maximize profit.
>>
>>84807927

But i think that you can do the formula and have something different.

See Iron Man 3, Captain America 2 (The Winter Soldier) and Captain America 3 (Civil War). They're easily the best ones.
>>
File: 1435163719557.gif (89KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1435163719557.gif
89KB, 256x256px
>>84808023
>Iron Man 3
>Iron Man 4 Civil War
>Easily the best ones
>>
>>84808023
I've only seen Cap 2 from that list and it was my most hated super hero movie lol
>>
>>84808071

Iron Man 3, with the Mandarin twist, is easily the top 5 of the MCU. Fuck the haters. The Mandarin twist was clever as fuck.

Civil War isn't as good as Winter Soldier, because it's more about a super-hero slugfest, but the Accords and Bucky bits are very good.
>>
>>84808118

Why?
>>
>>84808189
They had that stupid face swapping / voice changing technology so that anybody could be anybody. For example Widow was impersonating a businessman or similar in the room at the end. I don't remember it having any prior set up in the movie.

At that point, you have a dilemma were anybody could be anybody, there's no tension.

You also have things like the black wing dude falling off the building and then flying up, comic readers would know that he is a hero and that was coming. But for me, as a normie at the time, I was like holy shit that guy just fell off a building. Nope, mechanical angel wings, what the fuck.

The whole movie just had stupid technology like that showing up to save people when shit hit the fan, with that established, nothing else matters.
>>
>>84808023
IM3 is okay at best and Civil War is fucking pathetic garbage
>>
>>84808359

Yeah, stupid saves in the last minute is something to be expected in an MCU. Danger is treated as a set-up for "awesome" moments of action with everybody coming out unscathed and everything is treated casually.
>>
>>84804734
i have not read a whole lot of new gods stuff but is a motherbox really worth going to all that trouble for.

i get there powerful but i feel like synder is making them far more incredible then they are meant to be.
>>
>>84808359
Never really thought of it that way.
>>
>>84808547
>Yeah, stupid saves in the last minute is something to be expected in an MCU
Those are irritating. But I'm not against some fan service.

But saves via some device that wasn't yet established is just bullshit.

If I ever see a face warping voice modulating device in a movie I walk out. It's the one thing that can destroy any movie for me and Cap 2 had it.
>>
File: arnimzolafilm.jpg (79KB, 625x267px) Image search: [Google]
arnimzolafilm.jpg
79KB, 625x267px
>>84808189
It takes itself way too seriously while trying to juggle comic book concepts that undermine any points it's trying to make.
>>
>>84808547
>>84808573
Now that I think on. Bucky's return was another thing that was handled terribly. As comic fans, you guys knew he was coming back. Last I saw him he fell out of a moving vehicle and down a ravine. You don't come back from that.

So to have him, mech-angel and face swap all just start to show up and solve/create problems just killed the movie for me.

You also had the problem where the stakes were hiked up to a stupid and unbelievable level. Did anyone think that the helicarriers were going to destroy all of the non-Hydra people on the planet or even one person? No.
>>
>>84808990

The continuity with Bucky still puzzle me.

Amin Zola was captured in the same mission where Bucky "died", so how the fuck Amin Zola caught Bucky's body? Dude was in jail.
>>
>>84806261
>Ah yes, I remember the part in First Avenger where they go to the mythical island blessed by the gods
Well you should remember that part man. The movie starts out in New York.
>>
>>84809154
This is why I don't get the massive praise that this movie gets. To me it is the weakest one Marvel has put out (Thor 2 also).

I loved Cap 1 though, almost got me to start reading comics (Flash season 1 did that in the end).

I was expecting a bullshit American propaganda film but instead got what I thought was a fantastic and believable take on a propaganda piece who actually cares. I'm a sucker for movies/comics that take my preconceived notions and then turn them on their head, Aquaman is similar.
>>
>>84808990
>You also had the problem where the stakes were hiked up to a stupid and unbelievable level.
That's cape comics in general.
You start out taking down muggers and end with fighting though forms and physical manifestations of cosmic ideas.
>>
>>84808990
>. Last I saw him he fell out of a moving vehicle and down a ravine. You don't come back from that.
No body, no death.
>>
>>84809294
>end with fighting though forms and physical manifestations of cosmic ideas.
And yet there was no fall out. No repercussions. At least MoS had the city get fucking destroyed. I know people complain about the destruction, but what the fuck do you expect to happen when 2 Kyrptonians start trading punches in the middle of a terraforming exercise.

>>84809385
Copout
>>
for all that is holy pls dont fuck up Darkseid
>>
Here's my question. Why are people still bitching about Flash's costume when we know Bruce gives him a better one in the movie.
>>
>>84810390
Well I think a lot of people didn't see the reports that say he has two costumes. For one thing, people still think the "war 30,000 years ago, 3 motherboxes" thing was a rumor instead of reports from set visits.

And two, this is the suit they are choosing to show off, it's all we can judge, and yes, bitch about. Not me tho I don't mind it.
>>
File: Wonder Woman - Badass.png (844KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman - Badass.png
844KB, 1366x768px
>>84806877

>I'm sure Wonder Woman is going to get frozen in Ice to save New York from HYDRA

>I'm sure the villain is actually going to be a Nazi Mystic and superhuman.

>I'm sure Diana is going to start out as really weak and frail but due to the help of a Jewish scientist she'll become big and strong.

>Also, once she's big and strong I'm sure America will then use her to sell war bonds.

>I'm sure the only thing which is going to get her to fight is that her BFF from childhood gets captured by Ze Germans.

This is how fucking retarded you sound saying the two sound the same.

Yes, both Captain America and Wonder Woman were in a way created as WWII propaganda figures for America, and yeah Wonder Woman uses a shield right now, and yeah both of them are on the big team of their respective universes (Justice League/Avengers). But after that the similarities end.

Next you'll be telling me that Batman is actually a ripoff of Iron Man because they're both billionaire playboys who use tech.

>Check it out guys
>Iron Man one is just Batman Begins!

That's how dumb you sound.
>>
>darkseed got his butt handed to him a bunch of humens, womens, and seamens

I'm sorry but this will never not be funny to me
>>
File: Batman v The Avengers.jpg (75KB, 401x720px) Image search: [Google]
Batman v The Avengers.jpg
75KB, 401x720px
>>84807648

To be fair we didn't know that Man of Steel was going to deal with the stuff it did until the film came out.

Also, we didn't know the Batman v Superman would deal with the stuff it did until it came out too.

The quips are literally just to get manchildren "critics" back on their side so there will be some hype for this movie. Chris Terrio did say it will have a lighter tone before Batman v Superman came out, but nonetheless I'm confident it will still very much be a part of Zack Snyder's DCEU saga which I'm enjoying so far.
>>
>>84809286
If you don't read comics what are you doing here?
>>
>>84804734
>Steppenwolf is lured to Earth by Lex Luthor
am i to understand lex did this on purpose or is it a mistake on his part?
>>
>>84804734
I thought they spoiled all of this to Faraci and co.
>>
>>84811389
Could be Apokolips wasn't as strong as it is now.
>>
>>84807711
>>84807811
>>84807927
>>84807998

People seriously cannot be THIS assblasted about the utter failure of MoS and BvS, can they?

Those movies didn't fail because they DARED to be deep, they failed because they're fucking terrible movies.
>>
>>84808141
>but the Accords... are very good.

No they aren't. The whole idea that the government can do anything about superheroes is really fucking nonsensical.
>>
>>84811492
The autistic man-child who released an invincible killing machine into his own city with no plans on how to stop it even if it did manage to kill Superman as intended?

I'm guessing mistake.
>>
>>84811625
Why wouldn't the government be unable to do anything about superheroes? In the MCU only Thor and the Hulk are so powerful that the government would have trouble handling them if needed.
>>
>>84811492

On purpose.

Whether it's because Lex is pulling a Forever Evil "I'm actually a good guy" or because Lex is not infected with anti-life has yet to be seen.
>>
>>84811563
No one you quoted was defending MoS or BvS.
>>
>>84808141
>but the Accords [...] bits are very good.
The UN is a useless organization that sends strongly worded letters to various nations accused of violating human rights while having warlords and slavers on their council.

The whole plot line was garbage and a terrible excuse to get T'challa' father killed off and get him in costume.
>>
>>84811634

It was on purpose, but a desperate movie.

Also, Lex doesn't care about other people, and he thought that he could control Doomsday.
>>
>>84811563
It's executive logic.

The Dark Knight films making money = darkness sells!

Green Lantern and Superman Returns bombing = no more lighthearted cape movies, it's not working for us! Start making the films more dark!

Man of Steel underperforming = we need to make it darker in the next film so that we can make money! Add Batman!

BvS underperforming and Civil War making over a billion dollaroos a month afterward = people clearly love lightheartedness more, bring in the quips!

It's like quality doesn't register to WB, just tone and hitting certain demographics.
>>
>>84811699

Um, you understand that the MCU has Scarlet Witch right? So yeah, they have people who can wreck Washington's shit.

>"No more Nukes!"
>>
>>84809154
No. He was offered amnesty for working with the US and helped found Hydra from within. He went back to Bucky's body to recover meat for more SS serum, but discovered he'd lived.
>>
>>84811723
Are you retarded? The very first comment is about how audiences rejected MoS/BvS and just want quips:

>>84807711

The others just reiterate that.

Learn to read before commenting.
>>
>>84811701
i hope its because he just likes to act like a bag of assholes.

seems like he made doomsday just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>84811785
He discovered Bucky's body in a comatose state because he'd been frozen like Steve.
>>
>>84811761

MoS and BvS was good, though. Not great, but good. I understand why certain people like it, though.
>>
>>84811769
MCU Scarlet Witch is nowhere near as powerful as comics Scarlet Witch.
>>
>>84811785
>He went back to Bucky's body to recover meat for more SS serum, but discovered he'd lived.

No you fucking dipshit. It was Soviet members of Hydra who found Bucky's body.

Armin Zola was the leading member of Hydra after Red Skull peaced out.
>>
>>84811853
Please stop this. They were both garbage without value.
>>
>>84811885

Sorry, anon. I understand that you don't like them, but i do. I can't do anything about it and even if i could, i don't know why i should convince myself to hate some movies just because random people in the internet hate them.
>>
>>84811883
Wasn't Zola grinning down at Bucky in the frozen gorge during his flashbacks?
>>
>>84811856

Do you have anything to back that up?

When Scarlet Witch was first introduced in the X-Men in the 60s she wasn't shown to be as powerful as House of M or Avenger Disassembled Scarlet Witch.

She's a fucking crazy witch who makes bad decisions and doesn't appreciate the intense power she has. In the MCU she's a crazy witch who makes bad decisions and doesn't realise how powerful she is.

The only real difference is that Magneto isn't her father.
>>
>>84811885
Eh, I'd defend MoS a bit despite some stupid shit it did but BvS was plain stupid.
>Save Martha
>>
>>84811922
>I can't do anything about it

You can do it, anon. I have faith in you.

>i don't know why i should convince myself to hate some movies just because random people in the internet hate them.

You should convince yourself to see the objective truth that these films are worthless pieces of shit that make the world a worse place by being in it, and they make you a worse person for not understanding this.

Help yourself, anon, for yourself.
>>
>>84811946

Yes, yes he was.
>>
>>84811946

I'm speaking about who found his body. Not who did the brainwashing. Hence why there's a "RED fucking STAR" on his shoulder.

He was a Soviet (secretly HYDRA) super-assassin. Armin Zola was in charge of HYDRA.
>>
>>84811953
To be honest none of the characters in MCU are as powerful as their comic counterparts. Look at GOTG. They were nerfed as fuck in that movie. Drax is supposed to be able to go toe to toe with the likes of the Hulk and even Thanos himself, but he jobbed hard to Ronan
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 1024x704px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 1024x704px
>three mother boxes
Were they codenamed The "C", "I", and "A" on batman's hero files?
>>
>>84811972

There isn't such thing as objective taste is art you fucking mongoloid.

Besides. In twenty years time you'll all be pretending you were big fans of Batman v Superman after some god-teir director explains how it was a big influence on all the movies he makes.
>>
>>84811959
MoS is where it all went wrong, which poisoned the DCEU from the beginning.

A Superman movie where Ma Kent tells Clark he doesn't owe anyone anything and Pa Kent instructs instructs him not to save people? THAT'S the angle you go with for the world-famous beacon of hope and compassion?
>>
>>84811959

There was tons of set-up for the save Martha scene.

Bruce looking back on his parents and their legacy.
Bruce PTSD from the Metropolis attack and losing faith in his life mission.
Bruce having nightmares and not being able to sleep.
Bruce feeling like he failed his parents and feeling empty.
Bruce constantly saving women throughout the movie. He doesn't save one dude other than Wallace Keefer, the legless dude.

Everything i mentioned served as set up for the Martha scene.
>>
>>84812025
>There isn't such thing as objective taste is art you fucking mongoloid.

I thought so too, then I saw BvS.
>>
File: 1414209670915.jpg (27KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1414209670915.jpg
27KB, 251x240px
>>84811981
man i hope we see that sonofa'bitch again soon, i would be happy if he came back and we never saw the skull again.
>>
>>84812047
>Pa Kent instructs instructs him not to save people?

This is some serious shitposting.
>>
>>84812047
He didn't say not to save people. He showed him that he couldn't save everyone.

>>84812051
I understand that and even then I had to laugh at how badly it came out.
>>
>>84808141
>The Mandarin twist was clever as fuck.
can't wait to see Ares being an old man and all of WW adventure part of a schyzo's dream, like Hack did in sucker punch, so you can shut the fuck up.
>>
>>84812047

>A Superman movie where Ma Kent tells Clark he doesn't owe anyone

That was BvS.

>Pa Kent instructs instructs him not to save people?

Pa Kent was worried for his son's life and future, and wasn't sure about what to answer because he knew that Clark had done was the right thing to do despite the danger he placed himself and them in.

It was a very emotional scene with Pa Kent behaving like conflicted parent who doesn't have all the answers.

He was worried and angry, and thought of his son's safety first of his safety, but he also knew what his son did was right, he just didn't knew what to say.
>>
>>84812113
>What should I have done? Let them drown?
>....Maybe.
>>
>>84812129

The Mandarin twist was still the best part of the movie.
>>
>>84811447
>fatboy wants "deep" content in his little kid's movie
>call others manchildren
you can't be this stupid, do you?
>>
>>84812185
Nowhere in that quote did he instruct Clark not to save people.
>>
>>84812192
no, you are somehow so buttblasted with marvel that you enjoy the tears of the mouseketeers.
in reality changing the entire villain in a movie is a dick move, imagine if all the DCU ends with a shot of a little kid dreaming everything, with a Rebirth comic in his hand.
sounds good to you or a big fuck you to the audience?
>>
>>84811953
Eh, she's not really crazy in the MCU.
>>
>>84812232
>maybe
Dude, seriously. MAYBE? There shouldn't be room for ambiguity in a situation like that.
>>
>>84812232
That's EXACTLY what he told Clark:

>Clark Kent at 13: I just wanted to help.
>Jonathan Kent: I know you did, but we talked about this. Right? Right? We talked about this! You have...!
>[calms himself]
>Jonathan Kent: Clark, you have to keep this side of yourself a secret.
>Clark Kent at 13: What was I supposed to do? Just let them die?
>Jonathan Kent: Maybe; but there's more at stake here than our lives or the lives of those around us. When the world... When the world finds out what you can do, it's gonna change everything; our... our beliefs, our notions of what it means to be human... everything. You saw how Pete's mom reacted, right? She was scared, Clark.
>Clark Kent at 13: Why?
>Jonathan Kent: People are afraid of what they don't understand.
>Clark Kent at 13: Is she right? Did God do this to me? Tell me!

He clearly tells Clark not to save people because keeping his secret is more important.

Only human garbage like >>84812118 and
>>84812113 think otherwise.

It's Snyder forcing his Randroid bullshit into Superman: http://www.salon.com/2016/03/18/ayn_rands_warped_superheroes_of_course_zack_snyders_vision_of_greatness_owes_everything_to_the_fountainhead/
>>
>>84812185

See, that "Maybe..." was because Pa Kent didn't knew what to say.

What Clark could become, if given chance, would benefit the whole world, but if right then someone found out what he was and the government got wind of this? Then God knows what they'd have done to Clark and them, the Kents.

Pa Kent wanted to stress this out for his son. That if couldn't keep on doing this. There would always be people getting hurt, even dying, and Clark couldn't simple stop everything and expose himself to constantly stop it. Not at such a young age. He needed to grow up, mature, figure out his life so that he could then deal with the consequences like a grown, educated and resolved man, because the consequences for what he is and can do is enormous. Is world-changing.

Maybe... maybe this scene and the entire take shouldn't be in a Superman movie. Maybe the subject is too heavy and make Pa Kent to look somewhat bad. But then... i don't know. If we play safe just because it is Superman, then what to do then? Superman is a great vehicle for stories such as this.
>>
>>84805801
To be fair, Darkseid was first and Thanos was a knockoff.

Plus Kirby's Thor at Marvel was almost a prototype for his New Gods at DC.
>>
>>84812254

You comparison is really weird. I mean, you're comparing the Mandarin twist with Tommy Westphall from St. Elsewhere.
>>
>>84812354
It's been fifty+ years and we're still upset Kirby couldn't do what he wanted with the Thor storyline, huh.
>>
>>84812343

This is shit and you are shit for writing it. Superman is a good man because he learned compassion and kindness from his parents. Pa Kent should never fucking tell Clark to "maybe" let people die.

Superman isn't a god who needs to learn to be a man, he's a man who has to learn how to handle having the power of a god. Luckily he's able to because he was raised by good people to have the moral foundation to do it.

>If we play safe just because it is Superman, then what to do then?

Make good movies about the actual character of Superman, not ubermensch Rand fantasies.
>>
>>84812341
You're a fucking imbecile. He's trying to tell his son to be careful because not everyone is going to be ok with what he is and what he does, which is literally what BvS is about. You're just trying to twist his words to fit your stupid meme narrative.
>>
>>84812341

>He clearly tells Clark not to save people because keeping his secret is more important.

Because he had faith that Clark would bring something good to the whole world, not just Smallville. Something that could not happen if Pete's mom rattled them out to the media or the government. The end of the movie show this.

Why do you ignore that? Pa Kent was thinking about the bigger picture.
>>
>>84812456
I don't recall Superman ever being the kind of character who lets people die when he can save them because it's "for the greater good".
>>
>>84812436

>Superman isn't a god who needs to learn to be a man, he's a man who has to learn how to handle having the power of a god.

And how would he learn to do that locked up in a bunker?

>>84812483

Well, what you know, Superman also didn't let people die in MoS either, despite trying his best to remain anonymous.

So what are you complaining about?
>>
>>84812483
He didn't though. He still saved people.
>>
>>84812452
It was that shitty, stupid characterization in MoS that gave us Distant Sad Jesus Superman in BvS, a sullen god gazing down as people beg for help.

That's shit, and you're a fucking idiot for supporting it. Superman is a beacon of hope and compassion, and that starts with his family, not with his father telling him it's cool to let people die.
>>
>>84812540
>>84812563
I'm not the one defending Pa Kent's speech here, aren't you the ones who agree with him?
>>
>>84812436

>Pa Kent should never fucking tell Clark to "maybe" let people die.

He was torn about it. Pa Kent was worried and angry, and very emotional when he said that. He was just a parent looking out for his son. Fathers, even good fathers, tend to put their child safety above everyone else.

But i guess having a very human and fallible Pa Kent is bad.
>>
>>84812594

>Distant Sad Jesus Superman in BvS, a sullen god gazing down as people beg for help.

That's completely wrong. Fuck, the whole point of the movie was that Superman was a man, that he bled and had loved ones that gave him strength.
>>
>>84812597
I'm not defending anything, I'm just calling you out on your bullshit.
>>
>>84812687
>your bullshit
What bullshit? I disagree with Pa Kent and the philosophy he was teaching Clark here. How is that bullshit?
>>
>>84812343
>>84812540
>>84812638

How are people this stupid?

We're not talking about a documentary here. The movie should not have been written such that there is that kind of forced choice. That was a bad decision of the writers, one of many, and it completely gets the character wrong, which only became worse in BvS.

You can concoct a scenario where Superman is forced to torture someone to death if you try, but the proper response to that isn't debating whether Superman acted correctly in that scenario, it's to reject the scenario in the first place.
>>
I love that you can tell who the degenerate autists with no understand of complex human emotions and behaviour are by how they feel about Pa Kent in Man of Steel

protip: If you hated him, you have the brain and emotional function of a fucking child.
>>
>>84812711
You're trying to spin it as him being some sadistic asshole telling Clark to let em all burn.
>>
>>84811885

I respectfully disagree, they had more depth than MCU popcorn flicks in general in the type of stories they told and tackled heavier themes, that alone gives them value beyond mindless throwaway entertainment.
>>
>>84805922

>blue filter

>fighting Germans

>tight, up-close shot fight scenes

They're totally different movies, but people are going to always going compare the parts where she's fighting.
>>
>>84812753
You just pulled that out of your ass right now.
>>
>>84812745
>protip: If you hated him, you have the brain and emotional function of a fucking child.

I guess the vast majority of people who saw MoS "have the brain and emotional function of a fucking child", then. You belong to a small, elite class above the braying masses who really GETS the movie.

Can we see a picture of your fedora, oh enlightened gentlesir?
>>
>>84812765
>but people are going to always going compare
Yes, people on 4chan. No one outside of this shithole cares.
>>
Why would that be enough to stop Darkseid? He's fucking Darkseid.

Does this mean we're going to get a completely nerfed Darkseid? Because comic Darkseid is fucking hard to beat on his own, no less with an army.
>>
>>84812793
>implying the majority aren't emotionally stunted unintelligent apes

enjoy your mcdonalds burger and walmart points card anon
>>
>>84812786

>>84812047
>Pa Kent instructs instructs him not to save people
>>
>>84806624
Not that anon but plot structure is not as superficial as a setting
>>
>>84812839
>linking to someone else's post as proof of my opinions
Okay.
>>
>>84812765

>blue filter

Why does every fucking WW1/WW2 movie need this?
>>
>>84812756
They didn't "tackle" shit. They badly wanted to be mature and deep, but couldn't, which comes off as far more childish than being comfortable being light and fun.

It's like some crappy poetry by an edgy 14 year old that tries SO HARD to be MEANINGFUL but just ends up being laughable.
>>
>>84812716

So...
Superman can't be conflicted whether to obey his father, prioritizing his safety and theirs, or to risk everything helping people?
Superman can't be conflicted whether to trust the government, because he wrongly thought the world at large would never accept him, or to remain anonymous?
Superman can't be conflicted whether to end his people and save Earth or to join them in rebuilding Krypton?
Superman can't be conflicted whether to kill or not Zod to save a family?
>>
>>84812816
You were expecting Darkseid? Too bad! Is actually Mongul!
>>
>>84812842
Because Europe is always overcast.
>>
>>84812863
>Superman can't be conflicted whether to kill or not Zod to save a family?
Now I don't know about the rest of those, but this at least shouldn't be that hard of a decision.
>>
>>84812838
You'd probably save money buying your Mountain Dew and Doritos in bulk at Walmart, anon.
>>
>>84812894

Yeah, but MAN OF MURDER and ZOD SNAPPED NECK, so who knows.
>>
>>84812861
>this argument

At least put some thought into your criticisms beyond calling things edgy.
>>
>>84812863
as I said. Emotionally stunted children

They dont want to be confronted by any sort of challenging narratives or themes. They just want the same shit re-heated and served to them because their brains can't process any diversion from the status quo

same reason why MCU is successful. Literal shut your brain off entertainment with no aims to challenge or progress.
>>
>>84808141
>Iron Man 3, with the Mandarin twist, is easily the top 5 of the MCU.

There's such a thing as having objectively bad taste anon. I'm afraid that you do.
>>
>>84812928
I never had any problem with that. The situation had no ambiguity to it.
>>
>>84812948
You know, it occurs to me that for someone to put on airs like this on an anonymous image board for Japanese cartoons, they would have to have a very hollow life.
Please look at yourself. If you were actually challenging yourself, you would not be in this cesspool.
>>
File: 1451114120416.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451114120416.png
8KB, 473x500px
>People who defend the pa kent and mutt scene
>>
>>84804734
Is Superman actually smiling?
>>
>>84813003
Okay, explain how Pa Kent could have gotten to the mountaintop without the tornado.
>>84813007
It's a trick of the light at that angle, smiling is verbotten.
>>
>>84812436
>Pa Kent should never fucking tell Clark to "maybe" let people die.

That's not Pa's speech was about it. It was a dad telling his UNDERAGED kid, who clearly doesn't understand how dangerous it is to openly use his powers, how important it is that he remains hidden and doesn't do stupid stunts that might kill him, or hurt other people by accident because a kid his age can't possible be adept enough to using super powers in safe ways. It's also a father being kinda scared shitless over Pete Ross' mom coming over to their house telling Clark's an angel the one time Clark was caught using his powers.
>>
>>84812816

Darkseid will be nerfed to hell, bruh.
>>
>>84813092
Nobody In the DCCU has been even remotely needed in anyway. Hell Windy was holding her own against fucking Doomsday in BVS, not to mention clanking her bracelets together is like setting off a small tactical nuke
>>
File: Evans & Henry.jpg (112KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Evans & Henry.jpg
112KB, 640x640px
>>84812861

MoS was basically a sci-fi about aliens first-contact with humanity, something very common in sci-fi movies, but this time they linked the aliens with Muslim immigrants. I mean, do you honestly think that the 9/11 imagery was for nothing?

BvS was basically about the role of media in twisting the truth for the benefit of third parties. The movie constantly bashed the government and the media. Lex funding rebels pro bono in civil war in some African country for the US benefit despite the US claiming total neutrality in the conflict, the media constantly bashing Superman while ignoring Batman actions who was doing much worse just because Batman and Gotham up wasn't "news", the committee on Superman in the congress being hungry for anything that could help them nail Superman and so on. Even Batman fit into the movie larger theme with him buying the media narrative about Superman because he was blind by his own insecurities and paranoia.
>>
>>84813152
>needed
Fucking spell check I meant nerfed.
>>
>>84812343
>Maybe... maybe this scene and the entire take shouldn't be in a Superman movie.

It shouldn't. Superman, like Captain America, needs his foundations and underlying values to be ironclad, or else the character doesn't work. It's fine to have those values challenged, but not before they're fully formed. Otherwise, quite frankly, it's not Superman.
>>
>30,000 ago

>modern humans
>>
>>84805879
I guess it's better for them to rip off older movies that had tension because the characters don't have superpowers
>>
Are Motherboxes really that important?
>>
>>84813161
Bruh, why bother even pointing this shit out. You'll only be met by posts like "you're making shit up" and "you're reading into shit that isn't there"

Never mind that it's clearly there, I mean fuck, even Snyder himself said he considers the media to almost be a main character within the film itself.
>>
>>84813313
Incredibly so
>>
>>84813313
PING! PINGPINGPING!
>>
>>84813313
Yes, actually. They're incredibly powerful.
>>
>>84813313
Motherbox is going to be the next watercooler.
>>
>>84813216

But Clark was still a good kid/man who wanted to do good and constantly risked himself for the benefit of others.

And sure, in MoS Pa Kent was a "big picture" kinda of guy who thought that Clark would help humanity in the future, but still had a lot to learn and thus needed to be safeguarded even if that meant he shouldn't involve himself when someone in Smallville was in danger, and that is certainly a new twist to his character, but i think that it's obvious that the character himself in the movie was incredible torn up on that particular issue - Clark helping others as a kid. It's not something easy for a parent to deal with.
>>
>>84813152
>Hell Windy was holding her own against fucking Doomsday in BVS

For couple of minutes, by the end she was getting pummeled
>>
This sounds similar to that Justice League War movie, and that was shit.
>>
>>84804734
>is lured to Earth by Lex Luthor's experiments with Kryptonian technology

Literally all the problems in this universe are caused by Kryptonians and Superman.
If Jor-El didn't send his kid here no MoS invasion would have happened, no Doomsday shit and now not even this
>>
>>84813313

Motherboxes are like personal computers that also serve as doorways between dimensions.
So New Gods can do all kinds of shit with then, even masturbate with them.

I've seen the anons comparing the Motherboxes with the MCU gems, but i actually think that they've more in common with the Transformers' Allsparks.
>>
>>84813461
>This sounds similar to that Justice League War movie
No it doesn't.
>>
>>84813480
Uh, same with comics you dipshit. If Jor-El never sent Kal to Earth tons of shit would have never happened.
>>
>>84813248
Stupid berrypicker, chief Snyder does as he wants. His club is biggest.
>>
>>84813349
And BvS has DING.
>>
>>84813545
Gorak say mammoth-trunk better than pussy. Chief Snyder not know pleasures Gorak know.
>>
>>84813461

Justice League War was an adaptation of Johns first arc on Justice League, and also except for "JL forms and fights Parademons" there is nothing similar.
>>
>>84813524
bait, most things in comics don't have Kyrpton as a cause
>>
>>84813562
But that's not what a Mother Box does. It goes ping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U_R6tJfr-M
>>
>>84813565
>needing mammoth trunk
>not just hitting woman in head and dragging her to your cave
Enjoy not being hunter, ugga.
>>
>>84813161
>MoS was basically a sci-fi about aliens first-contact with humanity, something very common in sci-fi movies, but this time they linked the aliens with Muslim immigrants. I mean, do you honestly think that the 9/11 imagery was for nothing?
Ah.
So District 9.
>>
>>84813622
>be hunter
>spend most of day exerting self
>may or may not catch food
>may get severely injured
>meat is a tiny part of daily diet in any case
Why hunter so smug? Hunter less important.
>>
>>84813598
I know, senpai. Lex's DING DING DING makes me believe Mother Boxes will DING instead of PING.
>>
>>84813665
Well done Hack Snyder. Well done.
>>
>>84813524
>Uh, same with comics you dipshit.
Oh really? I didn't know Superman had anything to do with Darkseid's interest in Earth.

Oh wait, no he doesn't, it's some shit you pulled deep from your ass, you living ballsack cyst.
>>
>>84813665

Lex's DING meant a dinner bell being rung for Apokolips.
>>
>>84813661
Hunting lets you hit more women in head and they won't run out of your cave when they wake up.
>>
>>84813629

They have a lot of common. While District 9 dealt with racism and segregation Man of Steel dealt more with internalized prejudice and integration vs. subjugation (pertaining the immigrant culture into the West).
>>
>>84813700
>be hunter
>be away from women most of the day
Gatherers be around women all day, yo.
>>84813696
This triggers the Hunger Dogs.
>>
>>84813597
>>84813693

Brainiac is a pretty big one.
Zod
Every bad thing Lex has done is the result of Superman existing
Bizarro
Cyborg Superman
Doomsday
>>
>>84813693

In Grant Morrison's Action Comics run Jor-El sending Superman to Earth attracted the attention of the Collector/Brainiac and the Multitude, the former to preserve him and the latter more because of the man he'd become.
>>
>>84813044
Oh, I see now.
Alright.
He's just really shitty at giving speeches.
I mean, if full grown adults need to analyze what your saying to actually make sense of it, then of course your UNDERAGED kid is going to get it.
I mean, he could've just said "Clark, next time be more careful with your powers" or something similar, he says "Maybe let em die, I dunno, just dont let them see your powers kid"

From the same great mind that thought "Scarring my kid/family for life by letting him live with the fact that he literally let me kill myself when he could have easily saved my life and giving him probable life long trauma" is a great idea. Seriously, he's only lucky Superman didn't end up seruiusly messed up. Especially with Martha "You don't oh em shit clark" Kent.
>>
Justice League is far more interesting when Bats is a reluctant member. When they need him but they just get in his way.
>>
>>84813823
>When they need him
Why would they ever need him other than if they were tight on cash?
>>
>>84813790

>I mean, he could've just said "Clark, next time be more careful with your powers"

See, Pa Kent was dreading the next time. I know that we're talking about Superman, but think about this like a father. Pa Kent didn't wanted to see Clark constantly risking himself, both physically and in exposing himself, because Clark was just a kid, HIS kid. What parent would be okay with that?

There would always be something or another in Smallville, but Clark couldn't keep going around risking himself. He needed to grow and mature, then he could do that.

Do you understand it now? Try to think about this as a dad, not Superman's dad, but a normal dad.
>>
>>84813861
But Jonathan is not a normal dad. He IS Superman's dad. A baby that came from space and could lift a fucking truck over his head before he learned to talk.
>>
>>84813790
>He's just really shitty at giving speeches.

Yeah, that's part of the point of the scene, Pa is out of his depth and can't really explain himself to Clark until he realizes it's time to tell Clark he's from outer space and the scene goes unto the larger point Pa is making.
>>
>>84813889
>But Jonathan is not a normal dad. He IS Superman's dad.

Now you're just talking from the perspective of as a spergy fanboy.
>>
>>84813923
>spergy fanboy
You're so desperate for your headcanon to be real you're going to ignore the facts to make things fit?
THE KID CAME FROM SPACE. THIS IS A FACT. THE KID HAS SUPERHUMAN ABILITIES. THIS IS A FACT.
These are things that can't be ignored just so you can have Jonathan behaving in a certain way. These are things that would be present every day of Clark's life and would have an impact on the relationship with his parents.
>>
>>84813889

Yes, but back then Jonathan didn't knew the extent of Clark's powers and even if Clark was tough enough to survive whatever dangerous thing he might put himself through in order to save a cow or something, there's also the fact that the US government might come down on them to take Clark away. Pa Kent would be powerless to stop it and so would Clark. What would happen then? Would they take him away and dissect him? Would Clark try to oppose and escalate the conflict? What about Clark's emotional health when the whole world turn the attention towards him at such a young age?

Pa Kent worried about all of this. He wasn't opposed about the future. The final scene showed that he had faith in his son's future. He just wanted to protect and safeguard his son from the world until then. Give his son time to grow and mature, so that his son could deal with the world as a man. He wanted to give Clark a chance.
>>
>>84813923
He's just a really shitty dad regardless if he's superman's or not. For any father figure to even imply that it's okay to let someone,especially children, die to just to protect a secret, is automatically a terrible father, much less a horrible human being.
>>
>>84813968

Because Clark is an alien makes Pa more protective of him. Because of what Clark can do and what his sheer existence represents, not to mention the danger Clark faces. Especially as a kid. That's Pa Kent's character in MoS. Not "oh I'm sure he'll be fine using his powers as a ten year old, he's clearly mature for his age to avoid detection like Silver Age Super-boy and not risk anybody when he's trying to help, because clearly a nine year old has the mental capacity to not make bad decisions that would endanger lives"
>>
>>84814028

Oh here we go again with people failing completely understanding what Pa's maybe meant.
>>
>>84814028
I feel the speech would be much better if the situation wasn't "A bunch of kids are going to drown in a bus." Cause it does make Pa Kents advice seem kinda..damaging, for a small child? Like, if it was something a bit smaller the impact might have been stronger.
>>
File: Clark disguise.jpg (120KB, 500x755px) Image search: [Google]
Clark disguise.jpg
120KB, 500x755px
>>84813989
>>84814040
While this is all perfectly sensible, it doesn't change the fact that he implied there was a possibility that the lives of his classmates were of lesser value than keeping himself a secret.
I have not at any point claimed that Jonathan said Clark should have let them die, mind you, but I simply can't approve of the "maybe". This is a guy who should be teaching his invincible son about right and wrong, and what he's saying is that maybe human life isn't all that important. That's the issue I'm having here. I can't accept the idea that this was the kind of advice Superman got when he was a child. Just doesn't fit.
Also: disguises.
>>
>>84814058

It's really frustrating.

>>84814093

The "Maybe..." was more directed towards the future. Pa Kent wanted Clark to think of the next time, and the next time, and the next time. He couldn't keep exposing and risking himself like that whenever something bad was about to happen, because his future was more important to humanity as whole than just that small patch of land called Smallville. He shouldn't jeopardize that future.
>>
>>84814093

Pa is meant to sound a bit awful in the scene because parents don't magically always know the right says, this is Pa under a lot of stress and fear and not being an elegant speaker because he's just a average joe farmer in hicksville Kansas whose first instinct is to think of the safety of his kid, not anybody else. His momentary fuck up makes him relatable and real. It's exactly how most parents would act.
>>
>>84806877
>>84811319
rekt
>>
>>84811389
>>84811541
Darkseid had to train with King Kai after he got wrecked and learned new techniques.
>>
>>84814196
Holy shit, Darkseid knows Kaio-ken now?
>>
>>84814120

The problem is that you think that Pa Kent wanted Clark to protect his secret forever. To place his well-being above those of humanity indefinitely. That's wrong.

Pa Kent had faith in the man Clark would become and what he'd be able to do for the world with his powers. The talk right after and final scene of the movie showed this. So what Pa Kent wanted was for Clark to grow up without worrying about that FOR NOW, so that he can grow, develop, learn and mature. Become the man the world will need someday.

Clark risking his life at such a young age could jeopardize that future and the world paying the price just so someone in Smallville can be saved was too high a price in Pa Kent's mind.
>>
>>84814058
The answer that Jonathan Kent gave, in relation to his young son's(Superman) question, as to whether or not Superman should have let a bus full of children die, Jonathan Kent replied "Maybe." That means, in no uncertain or unequivocal way, that Johnathan Kent implied that Superman should have let those children die.

>>84814143
>>84814151
You two have either grown around or have become accustomed to a very sick and cynical viewpoint where it's alright to justify having children die and to continuously try to change the narrative otherwise to suit your own needs is disgusting. I pray that in no small capacity that you ever raise another being or sit in judgement of others, since it's so very clear the wicked, terrible mindset that you both have. May God have mercy on your souls and strength to any that cross your paths.
>>
>>84814143
>He couldn't keep exposing and risking himself like that whenever something bad was about to happen
But the trouble is, he's saying this after a literal bus full of school children.
Don't get me wrong, I can understand, Clarks IS Superman after all, he's savior of the world at one point.
But the thing is, is this the lesson you want to teach your son?
The next time a bus of children is about to crash, or maybe a situation where hundreds could die if it goes wrong.
He's telling Clark to stop and think if its worth it.
And other then the moral reasoning, sometimes there IS no time think. One second too late and all those children are dead, and Clark will have to live with that.

But I can forgive it mostly. If only they actually made it sound like an actual parent speaking and not a person whos practiced the line a hundred times. Makes it feel like he'd planned it a bit. (Honestly though thats more of a directing problem then a character one)
>>
>>84804734
It sounds like The Avengers except competent. Not really interesting.
>>
>>84814227
The thing is, and this might be just me, mind you, but I just don't think there's any situation where Superman would leave someone who needed his help. There's no way I can wrap my head around the idea of him letting someone die to keep his identity a secret, or of him putting his own safety before someone else's. And that's why I feel so strange seeing him get lessons like this. Superman isn't about planning ahead for the future, he's about saving those who need him no matter what.
And I get this is probably not what everyone wants from him, but it's just the concept I have in my head when I think of him.
>>
>>84811853
>>84811885
MoS was really good and BvS was a masterpiece. No amount of memes will undo this fact.
>>
>>84814305

But he isn't fucking Superman yet when Pa gives him the speech. That's the point, he's a goddamn kid.

The movie even shows that as an adult, blatantly, that Clark keeps drifting around America due to exposing himself whenever he's saving lives. You see it explicitly when he jumps into the sea from the fishing boat when he realizes that there was a fire on the oil rig. He didn't even give it a second thought about how he had to abandon everything, including his belongings, money, etc. as a direct consequence of going missing at sea, he just went and saved people.
>>
>>84814332
>BvS was a masterpiece
The movie was average.
It has AMAZING scenes, but don't you dare tell me half of the scenes weren't just awful.
>>
>>84814230

Yeah, maybe the fault lies with the acting, but i found the scene okay.

Either way we must remember that it was a father worried about his son well-being. Yes, he's an alien and becomes Superman an all, but that's still a factor.

>>84814305

I understand you and feel the same, but that's not how Superman behaved in the movie either. Superman constantly saved people even despite knowing that this would expose him. That's how Lois got to him.

Sure, he let his father die, but that was more because it was his father telling him not to. It was an authoritative figure.

The movie show that he regretted that terribly and that the event shaped his world view negatively, because instead of eventually finding out that his father just didn't thought he wasn't mature enough yet to handle the world, he thought that it was the world that would never be ready for him in an attempt to justify his inaction back then in not saving his dad.
>>
>>84814332

I've been one of the anons trying to defend Pa Kent and while i love BvS, the whole Doomsday bit drag the movie down.
>>
>>84814367
>he isn't fucking Superman
How will he ever grow up to be Superman if he's not raised to have the values Superman needs to have? If anything, the fact that he saves people with no regard for himself as an adult when Jonathan only ever taught him not to makes their relationship seem iffy.
>>
>>84804905
The power of friendship
>>
>>84814417
With all your powers combined, I'm Captain Superman!
>>
>>84814409

He believed that Clark would help the world one day, so that's why he didn't wanted Clark risking himself at such a young age just for the people of Smallville. So this idea that Pa Kent only taught him to care about himself is bullshit.
>>
>>84813322
This. Please someone save that post.
>>
>>84814385
>Sure, he let his father die, but that was more because it was his father telling him not to. It was an authoritative figure.
Ehhhh.
I feel they could have done the scene alot better, as it is, it makes it just seem...I dunno.
I can't believe for a moment Clark wouldnt try and save his dad, even if his dad was telling him no, would any kid really just go "Alright, guess dad's going to have to die?"
>>
>>84814464
Which once again just doesn't fit with my idea of Superman. Ignoring people who need help to protect himself is not something he'd do, and in fact didn't ever do. If he didn't learn to put other before himself from Jonathan and Martha, where did he learn it from? Was he just being rebellious to his dead dad?
>>
>>84814488

The tornado scene was really stupid, yes. I can't defend that shit. I'll defend the "Maybe...", but not that.
>>
>>84814466
I feel I could use this for either Marvel or DC really, considering both sides seem to be filled with the same type of people.
"THIS MOVIE IS TOO DARK AND GRIM, NO STORY"
"THIS MOVIE IS ALL QUIPS, NO PLOT."
Wish people could actually compare and contrast movies without being labeled as a shill for one or the other.
>>
File: pixlr.jpg (1MB, 2048x1865px) Image search: [Google]
pixlr.jpg
1MB, 2048x1865px
>>84814409
>>
>>84814409

Don't be obtuse. Pa telling a minor to not ever do any dangerous shit does not translate to never to anything to help others. If that was the case, Clark would have never left Kansas and been a neet living in the basement.

Pa raised Clark to be aware of the fact that his existence will be revolutionary for the entire human race when it becomes public, so it was important that Clark figures out the reason why he is there, and then use that information to decide what kind of a man he will be and how to use his powers.

Pa also said that it was vital to keep that shit secret, so that Clark gets to have that choice, rather than let the world/government/other people take that choice from him, and define him as whatever they think he is, like we saw when Pete's mom tried to turn Clark into a Christian Angel.
>>
>>84814501

Look, imagine a dad teaching his son about sex but telling him that he's not old yet to try it. Understood now?

Pa Kent obviously taught Clark good values, otherwise he wouldn't place such importance in Clark's future nor would think so much about the well-being of humanity.

He just didn't thought that Clark, as a kid, was ready to go Supermanning around. This was something that he should do as an adult and not just for Smallville, but the whole world. Not as a kid around Smallville.
>>
>>84814542

PA OF NEGLECT!
>>
>>84814507
This frustrates me. Its a move that has alot of really great scenes, like the one with Clark and his mom when he's starting to develop his powers.
But then we have...at least three really terrible scenes that just take alot of the impact away.

((I have to put the "Try to convince superman by drowning him in skulls" moment in at least #2, I mean, Cmon, thats cartoonishly evil.))
>>
>>84814501
No, Postman simply said this >>84814542 its closest to original.
>>
>>84804734
Plot summary is pretty basic but it could be very interesting in details.
>>
>>84806731
Wow can I get a copy of the entire movie that you've watched based on your judgement? Oh wait are you just judging it based on the 2/150 minutes of footage?
>>
>>84814561

Wasn't that scene with the skulls inside Superman's mind? I always thought that it was Superman "mentalizing" the implications of could happen to the world in regard to what Zod was telling him at the moment.
>>
>>84813362
but why would they put that much effort into hunting them down cant they just make more

i really do need to read the 4th world stuff
>>
File: Trollseid.jpg (709KB, 1774x1714px) Image search: [Google]
Trollseid.jpg
709KB, 1774x1714px
>>84814660
Your mileage may vary.
>>
>they actually toned down the Flash's white circle.
>>
>>84815437
>I ate your wedding cake, MWAHAHAHAHA
The only thing that's missing is a recliner.
>>
Damn there are a lot of butthurt people in this thread
>>
>>84811319
>I'm sure Diana is going to start out as really weak and frail but due to the help of Hollywood fitness trainers she'll become big and strong.
>>
File: Darkseid in your home.jpg (291KB, 1244x847px) Image search: [Google]
Darkseid in your home.jpg
291KB, 1244x847px
>>84815630
Obligatory.
>>
>>84804734
They already said that mother boxes play a role in the movie - HOW THE FUCK IS IT A 'REAL' SPOILER?

They even fucking show one in the sneak peak they made for SDCC!
>>
>>84815437
This is next level trolling.
>>
>>84815437
>i am the storm
darkseid is
>>
>>84814332
>MoS was really good and BvS was a masterpiece.
>No amount of memes will undo this fact.
That IS the meme.
>>
File: 14652549195590.jpg (827KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
14652549195590.jpg
827KB, 1080x1080px
>>84816831
If something is meme doesn't mean it's ain't true.
>>
>>84817254
The same can be said for what was said prior, you even said it yourself.
>>
File: 14693110665490.jpg (72KB, 846x411px) Image search: [Google]
14693110665490.jpg
72KB, 846x411px
>>84817296
Yes, of course.
>>
>>84812676
He acted distant thoroughout the whole movie.
He was moping around.
He never smiled and when hungreds people aroundhim died in one second he wasn't even sad. He was like "shit, that reminds me - I forgot to turn off the oven".
Deleted scenes didn't help.
>>
File: S60712-164642.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S60712-164642.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>84817610
>>
>>84817580
Yes, I know.
>>
>>84804734
That actually sounds cool.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>84808359
Maybe you should've paid more attention, tard.
>>
>>84806103
there's about 1 samurai in seven samurai in the first half
>>
>>84804734
>30,000 years ago, three immensely powerful civilizations exist which have left practically no trace of themselves
>they successfully fend off an extraterrestrial invasion by a faction with incredibly powerful technology
>they're so evenly matched that they just share out the spoils of war
>instead of using the technology of their defeated enemies, which it is implied must be better than their own, they lose it
>even when one faction loses their share, the others don't seek to take control of it
>for 30,000 years
>then some guy just finds this shit laying around

burn the fucking studio down

at least Stargate tried to entertain
>>
>>84812745
Don't put these idiots on the same level as children. Children are far more intelligent than them in every way.
>>
>>84812354
New Gods was only ever agreed to because DC wanted to sell a new toyline. When they didn't sell, they got bumped into the main universe.

>Thanos was a knockoff

I mean, if you want to talk knockoffs, Darkseid is a knockoff of Psycho-Man, who Kirby co-created over at Marvel. He was an impressive creator, to be sure, but nobody familiar with his working practice would suggest he routinely came up with 100% new material.

Shazam is known to be a knockoff of Superman. Batman is a knockoff of the Shadow. Things change and grow into themselves - but you can't just say "oh yeah but they already did this plot with a *knockoff* so that makes it OK that we're repeating it". It's weak.
>>
I really want this universe to turn into Injustice.
>>
>>84814040
>because clearly a nine year old has the mental capacity to not make bad decisions that would endanger lives"

Although I agree about most things with Pa Kent, not having Superboy is a mistake which led to the destruction against Zod. Pa Kent prevented Superman from learning more about his powers at an early age. Plus, Clark is a super-genius who was able to read and understand Plato's Republic at that age anyway.
>>
>>84814229
>That means, in no uncertain or unequivocal way, that Johnathan Kent implied that Superman should have let those children die.

"Maybe" = "yes"

Autism? Go read a dictionary lol
>>
>>84822338
Grant Gustin literally called it the Injustice look when he saw the new Flash movie costume.
>>
File: 1465543900256-tv.jpg (3KB, 125x108px) Image search: [Google]
1465543900256-tv.jpg
3KB, 125x108px
>>84812793
Thread posts: 296
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.