[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've said it before /co/ and i'll say it again: Biggest.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 11

File: Smith_Did_it_again.jpg (50KB, 654x315px) Image search: [Google]
Smith_Did_it_again.jpg
50KB, 654x315px
I've said it before /co/ and i'll say it again: Biggest. Miscast. Ever.
>>
>>84802959
He had to do it because of After Earf.
>>
>>84802959
Will is at least a decent actor. Not that concerned about him in the movie.
>>
>>84802959
>immediately thought the letters around his neck were AW SHIT HOL' UP
>>
Jesse Eisenberg
</thread>
>>
>>84803104

Autistic lex was somewhat endurable, this is literally deadshot being reduced to a ghetto gangster character.
>>
>>84803139
How the fuck did you come to that conclusion.
>>
He'll be Will Smith playing the role of a more violent, amoral Will Smith. But he'll be fine.

This isn't even remotely as bad as Lutherberg.
>>
>>84803225

Have you seen half the scenes that are out there that show deadshot?

"Look, i was just trying to get ya angry, we cool?"

That's literally the definition of how you know a character is being turned to shit by Will Smith. It becomes less like them and more like Will Smith's wannabe persona.
>>
>>84803025
What planet are you from?
>>
File: skwad.png (2MB, 1236x625px) Image search: [Google]
skwad.png
2MB, 1236x625px
>>84802959
DUDE LOL
>>
All of his scenes on the trailers ruin the movie completely for me.
Every line he has makes me cringe.
>>
>>84803368
I will have the biggest laugh if this shit flops to the ground. Imagine their faces when they have a look at those tattoos everytime.
>>
>>84802959
Idk why people are so concerned about the casting of this movie, i've read suicide squad and the comics are already a fucking mess.
>>
>>84803344
>by Will Smith
If you're going to place blame at least include the guy who wrote the lines and the guy directing the actors.
>>
Depressed professional with family issues is Will Smith
>>
Doesn't bother me. The biggest characterization I have to go on for Deadshot is the animated movie they made. He didn't stand out to me as anything but extremely competent, and sort of no non sense.

Will Smith does add a lot of himself to the character. That's fine. You may as well be mad at Heath Ledger (and probably Jared Leto) for bringing themselves into the Joker -- or any of the Batmans for bringing themselves into Batman.

At least with Deadshot he's less of a mainstream character that it actually matters less. Only reason to hate him, is if you hate Will Smith.

I used to love him as a kid. Don't care for too many of his recent projects. I think it will be fine. Let the black guy be a little black.
>>
>>84803093
kek'd
>>
I like him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgMgf3HUpY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ixJiaa-kuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOQEGN2Qwew
>>
>>84803519
It's Will's fault too to some degree. He shouldn't have agreed to play a role he has no business acting.
>>
>>84803570
>Will Smith does add a lot of himself to the character. That's fine. You may as well be mad at Heath Ledger (and probably Jared Leto) for bringing themselves into the Joker

What, that's completely different. Ledger added his characterization, not himself. Will Smith is literally himself, not how he thinks Deadshot should be, just how he is.
>>
>>84802959
>/co/ hates Will Smith

Is this because of After Earth? Because he wasn't the problem... aside from the writing and pushing his son. As an actor, he's one of the best.
>>
>>84803519

Smith is known to play the sort of gun runner character's with a very strong gang thematic. A lot of people are put off by it.

>>84803651

That's true desu, actor's are why some characters / adaptions are make or break. You could argue that RDJ is a really fitting example for Tony Stark but someone like Will Smith playing deadshot who is in more of a sense a serious character is something way out line for him
>>
>>84803679
Maybe. We'll have to see. Will has played very different roles at this point. Not all of them are "yo hold up" roles. I know in the trailers they seem to be letting him spout of one liners that feel very Will Smith. I see that too. I'm a bit of skeptic to be honest.

But I figure, this will be the worst case scenario. Deadshot from the early 2000s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o5znwfBcx0
>>
File: Doubt.jpg (3KB, 240x129px) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.jpg
3KB, 240x129px
>>84802959
>Bigger than Eisenberg Luthor
>>
>>84803765

Smith's becoming very B-grade as of late. He doesn't have that strong presence he used to. He's very good at roles like survivors (I am Legend / After Earth, he's like 50/50 in that) as well as cops (Bad boys / Men In Black). The Mercenary roll doesn't really fit his persona nor acting skills.
>>
>>84803856
this a million times
>>
>>84803765
>As an actor, he's one of the best.
He can act but he has only two or three personas and all of the characters he pays end up falling under those, he has no range.
>>
>>84803779
>a very strong gang thematic
I still don't quite get this one. I can see this with Ice Cube and Ice T, but not Smith
>>
File: Will smith.png (455KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Will smith.png
455KB, 640x360px
>>84803651
In all seriousness Smith could probably play a real good Deadshot.

But because BvS was shit, and WB wants lighten things up now (with quips). Deadshot will probably the Fresh Prince of Gotham.
>>
Will Smith doesn't really fit the character of Deadshot at all, but unlike a movie in which they miscast a terrible actor in a role, he'll still be as entertaining as ever as Will Smith so he can be overlooked to an extent.

Will Smith as Will Smith won't ruin the movie, it'll just make the character of Deadshot less Deadshot.
>>
>>84804051
Yeah, I agree. And I want Will to be good. Since it's basically Deadshot and Harley's movie (the ensemble helps carry it too).

A lot of people are complaining about how Harley isn't really Harley, and Deadshot isn't really Deadshot. But I think they were hired for a reason -- to lighten up the characters a bit.

They're going for a Guardians of the Galaxy team of misfits feel. You can tell from the trailers. If that's the vision, then Will is doing exactly what he is sposed to do.

I don't know if it will translate well on screen but I've got my fingers crossed because BvS was fucking terrible.
>>
what the fuck are you talking about?

Take away everything you know about deadshot. Now imagine him, piece by piece. Kills for a living, code of ethics, has a young daughter he's trying to take care of, can't kick his habit but really does try hard to be a good dad.

If you didn't imagine will smith in that role, i don't know what to tell you. It's so far from a miscast. to be honest, it's probably the most will smith role ever conceived.
>>
>>84804200
>A lot of people are complaining about how Harley isn't really Harley
Is this real? I have noticed anything OOC
Maybe i don't know enough?
>>
>>84804100
Pretty much this.
>>
>>84804251
Honestly, it depends how much of an autistic cunt you are.

Personally, Harley doesn't bother me at all. And Will Smith should be fine as Fresh Prince of BelShot
>>
Lotta guys have said it, but I think he'll play a decent Will Smith, just a bad Dead Shot.

This however is better than Jesse Eisenberg playing a shitty Joker/Riddler
>>
>>84802959
That's like saying water's wet or the sun is bright. This should be filed under No Shit, Sherlock.
>>
>>84804238
>it's probably the most will smith role ever conceived.
Will Smith will and usually comes off as redeemable or someone that's just on the wrong side of things
But deadshot is not redeemable, doesn't want to be redeemed, isn't a particularly good guy inside, and is not one for morals
Deadshot is a piece of shit, knows he's a piece of shit, has accepted it, and cares little about anyone but his kids and his job
>>
>>84804251
It bothers me that Robbie is so Australian-looking and so not at all in any way Jewish. Being Jewish is a huge part of Harley's character, it feels wrong to cast her like this.

Plus, I can hear Robbie go out of the accent (which isn't even the right kind of accent. Harley has a mixture of Irish and Jewish NY, not Italian NY. She doesn't have any Italian in her at all.) during the trailers. In one line in one of the trailers she's speaking entirely in her aussie accent.

Local cultural identity is so important back home in NYC. It feels like a huge chunk of characterization was lost, but maybe that's just because it's personal.
>>
>>84803555
Yeah I can see him playing a former Idealist who ran out of fucks to give a while ago.

Can't quite see him making the speech from the end of "William Hell Overture" though.
>>
>>84804423
>Being Jewish is a huge part of Harley's character,
It's really not.
>>
>>84804423
Funny thing is that the actress totally CAN pull off Harley's usual accent.
>>
>>84804619
Source? not doubting you just curious
>>
File: n5exheVpl51rpfx57o1.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
n5exheVpl51rpfx57o1.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>84802959
>I've said it before /co/ and i'll say it again:
I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!
>>
>>84802959
>hating Will Smith just cuz he's Will Smith

2010-2015 called to say it wants its meme back
>>
>>84804619
If you mean in Wolf of Wall Street, that's not the same accent. That's an Italian NY accent. Harley's is Jewish and Irish.
>>
>>84804712
Well, it's got a little Jewish in it listening again, like 25%. It's kind of a mix accent, but it's not nearly Irish enough.
>>
>>84803225
>Black guy
>lel ghetto
>lel gangstarr
>>
>>84804662
I don't think Will is getting too much hate.

Watch the trailer if you haven't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kue3dP73yI

I think it's just the "you jokers must me crazy" and "triangle bitch" that have people worried. There are other examples from other trailers.

There's bound to be about a dozen will smith one liners in this movie. If you can look past them, Im sure he'll do a good job. If they make you want to cringe, you probably will hate the performance.

Hopefully, a lot of them were kept for trailers, but not as many made the final cut (i love it when movies use different takes for trailers than in the film)
>>
>>84803424
Even bigger laugh if it does well and I take a hot bath in a tub filled with the saty tears of mouseketeers
>>
>>84804750
Like to explain further the "normal" (widely known) NYC accent is an Italian NYC accent that comes from predominantly people of Italian heritage, although it has a lot of jewish crossover, especially where it blends into jersey. This is the kind of accent you think of when you hear "new york city accent" or "brooklyn accent". That sort of gangster accent, like robbie is doing here.

A Jewish NYC accent sounds more like Bernie Sanders:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OK6Yi2hd8c

And an Irish NYC accent, that's everyone in all in the family:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnTZipv03M

Harley's accent is a mixture of the last two, about 50/50 split.
>>
>>84804423
>Autism: The Post
>>
>>84804981
Nah, I'm just a voice director for a living, so I get really passionate about it.
>>
Actually she is doing the accent correctly. What's throwing people off is she has a more low pitched voice compared to Sorken's high pitched Harley voice. Not sure why people were expecting her to sound 1.1 with the original.
>>
>>84805119
No, she isn't. It's an Italian NYC accent, which is the wrong kind of NYC accent. NYC accents vary among the older population by country of origin.
>>
>>84805119
>ACK-SHUL-LEE SHE IS DOING THE ACCENT CORRECTLY! WHAT'S THROWING PEOPLE OFF IS THAT SHE HAS A LOW PITCHED VOICE COMPARED TO SORKEN'S SHITTY FUCKING HIGH PITCHED CUNT VOICE! NOT SURE WHY FAGS WANT HER TO SOUND LIKE FUCKING SHIT!
calm down dude
>>
>>84805012
>>84805158

You should stop. It's getting weird.
>>
>>84805210
you're the one who seems upset
>>
>>84805223
I get really passionate about NYC accents because they're some of my favorite accents and they're largely dying out in the younger generations because of exposure to homogeneous accents in media. In 100 years there might not even be one New York City accent left at all, let alone the 4 or 5 subtypes we have now. That idea genuinely terrifies me.
>>
>>84805325
yeah, dude, nobody cares about your origin story
>>
Wasn't he approached for Black Spider initially? Or was that just a rumor that was put out when they announced they were doing a Suicide Squad movie?

Smith asking for a bigger role and being given Deadshot over Black Spider sounds like something he would do.
>>
>>84804051

What the fuck are you talking about? Suicide Squad was done filming before BvS came out.
>>
>>84804423

>Complaining about a lack of jews in Hollywood

Well that's new
>>
>>84803139
He's one of the elements of the movie which make it irredeemable.
>>
>>84803570
Watch the Taskforce X episode of JLU. It's on Netflix.
>>
>black to the future
>>
>>84803139
>ghetto gangster

oh, I get it, you're a racist
>>
>>84804652
In Wolf of Wall Street she spoke like Harley through the whole thing.
>>
File: Halle Berry as Catwoman (1).jpg (300KB, 1600x1060px) Image search: [Google]
Halle Berry as Catwoman (1).jpg
300KB, 1600x1060px
>>84802959
>I've said it before /co/ and i'll say it again: Biggest. Miscast. Ever.
Yes very good.

HOWEVER
>>
>>84805716
>what are reshoots
>>
>>84802959

That's not Jared Leto.
>>
>>84802959
>Will is at least a decent actor.

Oh, yeah. He's terrific at acting like Will Smith. This guy can't play other characters, which is why he just gets the bullshit action movie role

People aren't going to be talking about Deadshot, because everyone is just going to see Will Smith
>>
>>84804659
Underrated Post.
>>
>>84811772
Both Jared Leto and Will Smith will knock it out of the park. Fuck you autists, SS will be the best Cape movie this summer. Easily
>>
>>84802959
If he was going to play anyone it should have been Flag. That's not the star-making role though.
>>
File: 1463380483966.png (88KB, 298x332px) Image search: [Google]
1463380483966.png
88KB, 298x332px
>>84811971
>Will Smith

You can not be fucking serious

have you watched any of the trailers? All his jokes fall flat because it's just classic Will Smith bullshit, and when he tries to act all serious and stoic and shit, it also feels very typical Will Smith

This will be like Men In Black if Will Smith was a criminal. If there is hope, it lies with the Leto Joker
>>
>>84812034
Oh please, people act like Deadshot had this big distinctive personality before. Give me a fucking break. He's just fine as deadshot, better than that tard that played him in Arrow.
>>
>>84812034
will smith acts like will smith, just the same as downy jr, who just happens to be good at acting like a drunk fuck up in suit of power armor.
>>
>>84803519
Smith has it in his contract that his man gets to re-write all of his lines to be more "Will Smithy"

has been since the nineties
that's why he doesn't work with serious directors who won't put up with that bs
>>
>>84807988
She's hot, it works
script was terrible and director sucked
not her fault
>>
>>84802959
>>84793281
>>
>>84802959
Honestly, I'm mostly annoyed that he didn't shave to get that pencil thin moustache if he insisted on showing his face so often
>>
File: 1468303082410.jpg (19KB, 476x210px) Image search: [Google]
1468303082410.jpg
19KB, 476x210px
>>84802959
>Will Smith will never make a Deadshot rap
>>
It's fucking Deadshot. Get over yourselves
>>
File: 2015620716.gif (912KB, 320x229px) Image search: [Google]
2015620716.gif
912KB, 320x229px
>>84804659
>>
>>84804423
>Plus, I can hear Robbie go out of the accent
Z for Zachariah is one of her worst where she can't keep a country accent for shit.
>>
>>
>>84802959
Deadshot is one of the most boring characters ever. Having an entertaining and extremely talented actor playing him makes for an interesting contrast
>>
>>84812066
>people act like Deadshot had this big distinctive personality before.
He does.
>>
OP is a fag
>>
>>84802959
I want /pol/ to leave
>>
>>84802959
>Biggest. Miscast. Ever.

Why exactly?
>>
>>84813793
Because hes black and op is a /pol/tard
>>
>>84813817
>>84813777
>criticize an actor based on his protrayal of a character
>bring out the race card for no reason
I didn't know Devin Faraci posted here
>>
>>84803367
You'd be lying if you said he's not in the least bit entertaining. Not to mention this is a DCEU movie. As far as actors go, Will Smith is overqualified for this role.
>>
>>84803367

The one where he's an incredibly charismatic actor who made a series of bad movies but is beloved and commands high pay because of how good he can be when he's good?
>>
>>84813844
criticize an actor based on his protrayal of a character

You haven't even seen the movie. Fuck right off
>>
>>84804051
>not fresh prince of belle reve
missed opportunity, anon
>>
>>84803869
>He's very good at .. I am Legend

That was 100% garbage you fucking pleb, and it was ruined by Will Smith specifically.
>>
>>84813891
>You haven't even seen the movie.
We have 5 clips of Will Smith at different points in the movie and he sucks.
>>
>>84803367
Earf. Why? Where are you from?
>>
>>84813891
In Will Smiths case you already know how he is gonna be.
>>
>>84813860
He is pretty big time compared to the rest of the cast of which I've never heard of. The man is name recognition
>>
>>84803093
Someone edit, please.
>>
>>84802959
I'm gonna be honest and say..... I don't really care. Will Smith as Will Smith is pretty much enjoyable. I mean, if given the chance to alter history and make Agent J's casting to be more comic accurate, I wouldn't. I mean it's not like Deadshot was this sort of holy grail of characterization that it's considered taboo to even change him. I mean from what I remembered from Gail Simone's Secret Six run is that he was gun crazy. This isn't really a big lost.

>>84813586
lol no he doesn't.
>Muh Guns
>Muh Kid
that's literally just him.
>>
>>84811971
then why is leto's laugh more like the penguin's?
>>
>>84811585
Yeah, I'm sure they reshot half the movie in the two weeks they had reshoots.
>>
>>84811866
And if it catches on you won't be seeing Deadshot in a comic for years. Just Will Smith in a deadshot costume. Like Jackman and Logan.
>>
>>84814303
Reminder: everyone hated Ledger in TDK when the trailers were released.
>>
>>84818801
No they didn't you liar. Opinions on Ledger changed as soon as the first teaser premiered.
>>
>>84815801
Not the whole movie, just adding in more humor in the none set piece scenes.
>>
>>84803368
karen is a qt.
>>
File: KILLYOURSELFMCU.jpg (32KB, 611x458px) Image search: [Google]
KILLYOURSELFMCU.jpg
32KB, 611x458px
>>84802959
> Biggest. Miscast. Ever.
>>
>>84821363
Except that's not what the reshoots were for.
>>
>>84802959
Come on. What's wrong with him, man?
>>
>>84804890
It took me a while to truly understand what you meant by this.
>>
>>84815377
>lol no he doesn't.
He's a hollow shell of a person who threw away any moral code he had years ago to be a hired gun, just to hope he ends up dead some day while on one of his missions.

>Y'ALL JOKERS MUST BE CRAZY
>>
Deadshot and Rick Flag toys are shelfwarming hard. No media attention is focused on Will Moth; just Margot and Leto.

There's like a 90% chance Will's expensive ass is booted from the sequel.
>>
>>84805325
For someone so passionate it's funny that you could be so wrong in general here.
>>
>>84803093
hahahahahahaaha o i am laffin, upvoted
>>
>>84823844
It's modern Queens, moron.
>>
>>84804423
I did not know Harley was jewish till you posted this. And I had been watching/reading some of the stuff with her since BTAS first aired on fox kids.

So no its not a big plot point.
>>
>>84826806
You not knowing something doesn't effect how big of part it plays in her character.
>>
>>84804423
>Being Jewish is a huge part of Harley's character
No.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.