[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm glad most of /co/ is realizing how bad Justice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 27

File: Snyder Cycle.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
I'm glad most of /co/ is realizing how bad Justice League will be.
>>
Fck you and your /tv/ memes, I'm hyped.
>>
File: Wonderfu.webm (2MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderfu.webm
2MB, 1280x536px
It's going to be fun. Accept this truth.
>>
>>84791709
>/tv/
>not being the only place defending snyder to be contrarian as fuck
>>
>>84791724
>Zack Snyder involved at all
Nope. Every movie since 300 has been shit.
>>
>>84791682
Fuck off, it looks fantastic and is guaranteed kino.
>>
>>84791709
/tv/ likes snyder. That board actually knows about movies.
>>
>>84791851
>guaranteed kino.
If you're not memeing, just do your part in making the world a better place and shoot yourself.
>>
Fuck /co/, I'm amazed NORMIES seem to be on the fence for this movie. The stink of Batman v Superman is so putrid it's even got Chad and Britney wondering if Justice League will be shitty. That's impressive.
>>
>>84791853
/tv/ is contrarian shitposting central. they "like" snyder because he's shit.
>>
>>84791853
>endless game of throne and to catch a predator threads
>actual film discussion 404s in 10 posts
lol
>>
I just want my Aquaman movie man
>>
>>84791853
You're talking bollocks and you know it.
>>
I actually liked MoS and BvS, but then again i can deal with new takes and don't think that cinematic universes are the end all be all that will convert all the casual audience to worship at the altar of DC Comics.

For me they're just flawed movies that have interesting things in them,
>>
>>84791882
>implying Normies ain't eating this shit up
>>
>>84792050
>flawed

They're not "flawed," Anon, they're bad. BAD. There is more in them that is bad than there is that is good. They are bad movies. They are on the tier of Pluto Nash and Jupiter Ascending.
>>
>>84792118

I disagree completely, anon. I see more good in them than bad. The bad parts for me are all on the technical side, like acting and things such as that. Not in their portrayal of the universe or the characters in it. I actually think that a lot of the ideas in these movies are really, really good.

That's my opinion, sorry if you disagree.
>>
>>84791724
Is that from a Scottish Widows advert?
>>
might as well ask in here, should i watch man of steel?
>>
>>84792203

No.
>>
>>84792203

Who knows, i think it's an okay movie, but others here think it is a sin upon mankind.
>>
>>84792203
Eh. It's worth watching once I guess to at least form your own opinion on it. I still reallyl ike cavill as superman, it's just the writing behind him is backed by a dude who really does not like the character at all, and it shows.
>>
>>84792076
They aren't, hating BvS is a meme now, shit happend as soon as the Sadfleck clip became a meme
>>
>>84792203
It's okay, but don't go into it expecting the best thing ever.
>>
>>84792265

>the writing behind him is backed by a dude who really does not like the character at all, and it shows.

That's a complete lie. Good, God, /co/.
>>
>>84792203
There are worse ways to kill two hours. At least you'll be able to participate in arguments about it.
>>
>>84792291
There's literal fucking interviews from when he was making watchmen where he straight up said he doesn't like superman.
>>
>>84792328

Show it.
>>
>>84792328
Not him but can I see them?
>>
>>84792291
I'd say that's completely true regarding Goyer. Snyder you could argue. You'd probably lose that argument, but you'd be able to form a reasonable defense. Goyer though? Fuck no.
>>
>>84792167
if the acting is bad, doesn't that mean the portrayal of the characters is also bad?
>>
>>84792272
"Hating BvS is a meme" IS the meme.

So sad that all you retards see the "BvS is great" meme-posting and take it as social proof that it's actually good. Just goes to show how little you can think for yourself.
>>
>>84792392

I don't know if Goyer hated Superman, because he has a weird obsession with Lois. I think he just wanted to replicate Nolan's approach.

>>84792443

It's difficult to pin point, because Henry's acting is awful in certain places and okay in others.
>>
>>84791851
>guaranteed chemo
>>
>>84791853
PFFTHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>84792203
If you want to have your own made opinion on whether Zack is shit or not, you should watch the movies he's had a hand in. Personally none of the movies for DC he's had a major part in feel terribly well made. Sometimes they feel good, then other times they act pretentious and divert from source material.

I don't really like the way he's handled it so far, but you should watch the movies to come to your own conclusions.
>>
>>84792118
How can you say shit like that and not expect me to think your just a brainless drone?
>>
>>84792444
You seem to be very persistent about this. How can you accuse people of not being able to think for yourselves when you are a doing the same thing.
>B-b-but RLM and reddit tomatoes said
Fuck off m8
>>
>>84792773
You certainly are the more mature person in the conversation, buddy
>>
>>84792444
I wasnt talking about what i think about the quality, for normies after the sadfleck video, it became a meme to think that dc movies are bad, wheter its true or not, its a meme, family and normie coworkers didnt want to see the movie because of the sadfleck video
>>
>>84792663
Because >>84792118 stated the truth? BvS is awful and the UC is just more of the same shit. The films are made by someone who thinks that Batman getting raped in prison would be dark because TDK trilogy isn't dark at all and that Batman's no-kill rule came from the 89 movie.
>>
>>84793042
Well prison rape is pretty dark anon.
>>
>>84793042
He's right you know, TDK trilogy isn't dark.
>>
>>84793161
and why is that?
>>
>>84793042

Why people like to take Scott Snyder stupid statements out of context? Just to make him look stupider and thus justify your hate?

Snyder just said that the TDK trilogy wasn't dark or realistic, like most people say it is, because if it was Bruce would end up raped in that Chinese prison in BB.

It's a stupid statement but he has a point. The TDK trilogy isn't dark nor realistic. Far from it.
>>
>>84793228
Because Bruce was a ninja trained hero who ultimately saved Gotham and lived happily ever after.
>>
>>84793240
It's not taken out of context, fuck you. Also you have no reply for him thinking that Batman's no-kill rule comes from the '89 movie.
>>
>>84793386

I have no reply for that because i've not seen that statement. Why would i speak about things i have no knowledge?
>>
>>84793443
I tried to do it in a technical way. There’s a great YouTube video that shows all the kills in the Christopher Nolan movies even though we would perceive them as movies where he doesn’t kill anyone. I think there’s 42 potential kills that Batman does! Also, it goes back and includes even the Tim Burton Batman movies where this reputation as a guy that doesn’t kill comes from.

So, I tried to do it by proxy. Shoot the car they’re in, the car blows up or the grenade would go off in the guy’s hand, or when he shoots the tank and the guy pretty much lights the tank [himself]. I perceive it as him not killing directly, but if the bad guy’s are associated with a thing that happens to blow up, he would say that that’s not really my problem.

A little more like manslaughter than murder, although I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun…I took that little vignette from a scene in The Dark Knight Returns, and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ‘I’m not gonna be the guy that does that!’

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/24/zack-snyder-explains-why-batman-kills-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-/
>>
>>84793308
Sandman has an optimistic ending and a hugely powerful higher-than-a-god main character, is it not dark?

The Dark Knight Returns stars a senior citizen kicking the crap out of people much younger and stronger than he is, and it has an optimistic ending, is it not dark?

Flex Mentallo has a hugely optimistic ending and a main character so idealized that he (in theory) provides the mold for every superhero ever, is it not dark?

Astro City: The Dark Age stars two highly trained characters that started from nothing and had a happy ending, is it not dark?
>>
>>84793563
oh well that explains everything

Zack Snyder can't read comics
>>
>>84793563

Well, then he's wrong in that statement. I'm not going to be angry about it.
>>
>>84793598
>Sandman
>a book about suicide
Well of course that would be Dark plus you got rape so that just proves Synder's point.
>>
>>84793598
Wait...did you find Flex Mentallo dark?
>>
>>84793598
TDK trilogy just never went there like those books did.
>>
>>84793745
it's a book about how the superheroes have vanished or been corrupted, and also a book about a guy contemplating suicide
>>
>>84792203
It's worth it for the product placement and Faora.
>>
>>84791882
No more amazing than the blind faith of Marthas.
>>
>>84791853
I guess thats why /film/ died right

There are maybe 20 posters on the entirety of this tawainese imagur that actually know jack shit about film
>>
>>84792203
If you find Superman being lazy, brooding and an emotionless asshole interesting, sure
>>
>>84795803

he was in a gasonline explosion earlier in the film and was down for about 30 seconds...
>>
>>84795803
>>84795873
>that fucking turn where you can tell he's like "....shit, maybe people were in that structure"
>people seriously have spent 3 years defending this movie
>>
>>84795803
It feels like he sees saving people as a chore for him.
>>
File: 1460441553400.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1460441553400.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>>84796670
Cavill's Superman sees everything as a chore.
And not just being Superman and saving people.
He seems to hate being Clark Kent too. He hates being a reporter, his relationship with Lois seems like it's deflating, he keeps seeing Kevin Costner's ghost, who keeps asking him why he bothers even getting up in the morning.

Superman needs super-antidepressants.
>>
>>84791837
salty
>>
>>84793830
>>84793598

Flex was optimistic as fuck, opinion in the /trash/
>>
>>84796852
>>84796670
What's a chore is how hard you're projecting
>>
>>84792203
yeah, I like it more every time I re-watch it, and my girlfriend really loved it on her first viewing.
>>
>>84793563
It doesn't say thats where the no kill started, it says thats where he got the reputation for not killing. Which is true, because they make such a big deal about it when it comes to Penguin/Joker and all them, and was one of the most viewed superhero movies by normies.

Learn reading comprehension. He even talks about how he tried to tone down the violence from DKR and yet people still complained.
>>
>>84798392
How is it projection?
>>
>>84798378
optimism/cynicism is not the same as light/dark
>>
>>84798551
Batman didn't kill anyone in DKR
>>
>>84798840
well sure, but the entire point of Flex was that he was a bright, light, optimistic presence in an otherwise dark world. It wasn't really a dark story anon, the darkest thing that happens is a guy thinks about suicide.
>>
File: OhYeah.jpg (287KB, 995x1133px) Image search: [Google]
OhYeah.jpg
287KB, 995x1133px
>>84798880
He very obviously did anon. He killed a lot of people. And they make a big point showing how he murders Joker.
>>
>>84798946
He killed zero people. The most egregious instance of Snyder's (and your) misreading of the comic is claiming Batman shot a dude in the head with an M60. There is no bullet wound anywhere on the dude.

and Joker killed himself, come on
>>
File: HesDeadJim.png (299KB, 310x468px) Image search: [Google]
HesDeadJim.png
299KB, 310x468px
>>84799045
>Batman literally kills him with his own bare hands

Okay anon, keep living in denial also

> the comic is claiming Batman shot a dude in the head with an M60. There is no bullet wound anywhere on the dude.

Look right there. The thug is lying dead, with a giant blood splat on the wall behind him. Just because the wound itself is off panel doesn't mean its not there. Stop living in so much denial.
>>
File: 1469397001929.png (29KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469397001929.png
29KB, 400x400px
>>84791682
>Someone spent time making that image
>>
File: dkr3.jpg (584KB, 1000x1520px) Image search: [Google]
dkr3.jpg
584KB, 1000x1520px
>>84799186
hey look a page from that very issue where Yindel says "assault, breaking and entering, creating a public hazard" but somehow NOT saying murder despite that being a much larger crime than any of those
>>
>>84799045
He blew up several dozen cars. He blew up a guy wearing a flamethrower. He shattered a guy's head against a wall, blood splatter and all.
>>
>>84791682
Meh, his best film was 300 which was brainless fun, and audiences ate it up

All most people want is brainless fun, and as long as he doesn't go all deep and shit again, and they are forcing him not to, he can pull it off

Don't expect high scores from critics ever, though
>>
>>84799186
The expression that he has suggests more shock than anything else.
>>
File: mutantleader3.jpg (410KB, 999x1532px) Image search: [Google]
mutantleader3.jpg
410KB, 999x1532px
>>84799371
gosh, that's weird

almost as weird as him talking about the line he drew thirty years ago as if he hasn't crossed it yet
>>
>>84798601
It doesn't line up with his opinion on the matter.

Fact is though, Snyder did his damnedest to make Superman's entire existence seem joyless and drab in BvS.
>>
>>84799364
>>84799444
Snyderdrones REKT
>>
>>84799576
of course Snyderdrones are rekt by reading a comic, because they've never read one in their life and the person they're defending reads them almost comically poorly
>>
>>84791682
I'm pretty sure that throwing enemy around and walking into his traps isn't good fight choreography.
>>
>>84799444
So are you saying he didn't kill someone in the movie? Because I'm referring more to the film than anything in the comics. Never thought he killed someone in TDKR.
>>
>>84799780
I think you need to go back up the reply chain then come back and call yourself retarded
>>
>>84799542
>It doesn't line up with his opinion on the matter.
He says in the fucking movie "Superman was never real, it was just a dream" and looks depressed whenever he saves anybody
>>
>>84792342
there isnt he's a faggot and a liar
>>
>>84791682
>Implying
Stupid people are already falling for this shit again.
>>
>>84793240
It's not even out of context. The whole point of arguing your case is to cite proof that the other side is incompetent and fucking stupid, which, surprise, Zack Snyder is stupid.

If you're going to use rape for shock value in a fucking Batman movie, you are a hack.
>>
>>84799045
>>84799186
Ok you two, Miller apparently once stated in an interview that he drew the panel badly and he never intended for it to seem like batman shot her, just knocked away the gun. Thing is the panel is badly drawn (Which it is as it doesnt convey itself properly, drawng is still good) that it still seems like batman killed her.

Also you know that mutant was a chick right?
>>
>>84802614
i should also mention im a fan of snyder and especially his DC films, but even people i enjoy the work of can be wrong sometimes, and he was very wrong when he spoke about the n kill rule.
>>
>>84802614
but there are also context clues later in the issue that tell the reader the mutant was not killed regardless of unintentional ambiguity, as seen in >>84799364, so the argument that he killed someone based on a badly drawn panel is still based on a misreading of the comic or he didn't read the comic at all and just saw that sequence and was like, "damn that's cool" because the fact that he thinks Batman kills at all in DKR flies in the face of any sort of even surface level reading of the text

and no I did not
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>84791682
>mfw my normie friends are actually excited about JL and are swearing up and down it will be good because quips
>>
>>84802826
I was agreeing with you anon, differing tastes but you are correct about the killing thing in DKR
>>
>>84802909
Quips are fine.

But those quips were horrific
>>
Just Redbox'd and finished watching the extended edition of BvS. All I can say is I'm glad I waited for the extended editon
Because if I paid to watch the theatrical version, I'd be even more pissed than I am now. Jesus fuck, what the hell happened?! It was like the live-action Steel movie, Thor 2, Green Lantern movies all combined like some Voltron of suck.
>>
>Barry is a quivering little nerd
>Arthur is the same fucking character that Maomao plays in every role he's ever fucking had
I'm already disappointed
>>
>>84807583
bad writing, a script written by two different writers trying to write two radically different movies, one of whom couldn't adapt his writing style to match the direction or vice versa, actors who weren't allowed to act in a manner befitting the characters despite clearly being able to, poor editing, and a director who let his obsession with producing cool moments get in the way of directing a coherent film
>>
>>84807687
Momoa really doesn't have a lot of range, does he?
>>
>>84791682
ive accepted that he doesn't know what hes doing entirely, like in the interview where he said you cant take heroes talking in costume seriously, but i like most of his films all the same
>>
>>84801767

Yes, in a moment of crisis where he's doubting the positive aspect of his impact on the world because of the media unrelenting attack.

Something that happens in almost every movie.
>>
>>84791682
How quickly we forget. People have already forgotten that everyone was pretty skeptical of the the first and second trailers of BvS.
>>
>>84810190
And those people were vindicated. They were right to be skeptical
>>
>>84796852

That's false.

He liked saving people. He saved people even when he wasn't Superman. He only started to doubt his actions when the media and the congress started to paint a bad image of him after the African massacre and capital bombing. Because he felt guilty about being responsible for them.

He also liked being Clark Kent. He just felt frustrated that nobody was reporting on Batman despite Batman being actually bad. Everybody was intent on miking the Superman story. That made him feel frustrated and angry.

His relationship with Lois was also fine. It's what gave him strength. It was Lois that worried that perhaps she was holding him back of doing his Supermanning, because he constantly worried about her, which she was right because in the end she was the one that helped bring Superman down due to their connection. But that was fine because one of the points of the movie is that you can't control everything. Bad stuffs will happen, but will can't dwell on them or give up. You got to keep going forward and keep doing good. Just find someone that will help you go through the rough times.

But whatever, BvS is terrible and Superman is pure murderman.
>>
>>84795803

That's just inexperience coming back to bite him hard.
>>
>>84795803
>lazy, brooding and an emotionless asshole
well dceu superman is none of those things so i don't why you're even going that route

none of this thread amounts to actual film criticism anyway, it's all bullshit rules about how certain characters can't be portrayed
even though bvs makes an explicit point of >
>showing how its a batman that's on the verge of completely losing it
>showing a superman who has doubts about himself as it seems his very existence brings about trouble

these things are fair play, yet somehow you people ironically bash snyder as a heretic
>>
>>84807730
Well Mamoa can play savage barbarians and barbarian savages.
I really can't believe they're trying to make an A-Lister out of this guy.
He's destined to be the heavy that charismatic action stars fight before confronting the actual villain.
>>
File: 1467223453468-tv.png (17KB, 882x758px) Image search: [Google]
1467223453468-tv.png
17KB, 882x758px
>>84798432
>yeah, I like it more every time I re-watch it, and my girlfriend really loved it on her first viewing.
>>
>>84798880
Yeah.
>>
File: b673(1).jpg (177KB, 964x580px) Image search: [Google]
b673(1).jpg
177KB, 964x580px
>>84793563
>>
>>84807583
>Jesus fuck, what the hell happened?! It was like the live-action Steel movie, Thor 2, Green Lantern movies all combined like some Voltron of suck.
Except it wasn't like any of those films in anyway shape or form.
MAYBE Doomsday is comparable to Kruse but that's about it.
>>
>>84813830
/co/ doesn't read Superman comics.
>>
File: 5 star post.png (229KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
5 star post.png
229KB, 369x369px
>>84792171

10/10. Would laugh again. I crushed on that widow so hard as a kid.
>>
Funny thing about TDKR, a comic in which Batman doesn't kill anyone, it's in the same continuity as All Star Batman and Robin, the boy wonder, in which Batman kills 10-20 people. He cleaves a cop car in two, with at least one cop inside it, smashes through a bunch of motorcyles and cop cars, many of which crash and explode. Later he sets fire to a bunch of thugs with thermite and bleach, then continues to beat them up whilst they burn.
>>
>>84815515
Your mistake was thinking that /co/ reads comics.
>>
File: 1468902576617-co.jpg (58KB, 314x461px) Image search: [Google]
1468902576617-co.jpg
58KB, 314x461px
>>84815515
People this days refuse to accept Batman's original manslaughtering some times leading to death, claming that it doesn't fit character at all (when they ok with Captain America doing the same in movies). Hopefully Frank Miller was born before 2000 and Winnick's (animated adaptation kek) Under the Red Hood. They also claiming that Batman will never take another's live willingly no matter what, completely ignoring Death in the Family (when Superman stopped him from killing Joker), Killing Joke, Europa, End Game, DKR (no, faggots, Joker didn't suiceded himself, after Batman breaks his neck his bubble color changes from white to grey, also when he destroyed Mutant leader "Something tells me stop with his leg, I don't listen to it".

No-kill fag are so delusional yet so ignorant.
>>
>>84802614
Can you please give me link, so I could throw it in the face of people who sayin that Snyder know shit about comics?
>>
File: batman in the 80s.png (2MB, 928x988px) Image search: [Google]
batman in the 80s.png
2MB, 928x988px
>>84816164
Yeah, take this issue, #402 from the 80's. The writers and editors had no problem showing that Batman had killed before. Just like Batman says, he doesn't do outright murder, but in self defense? He's had to a few times.

It wasn't controversial back then, not for writers and not for the readers. I think the "Batman has never, ever killed" got significantly bigger after BTAS.
>>
>>84816164
>This is how an imbecile interprets comics.
>>
File: 1400128994209.png (128KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1400128994209.png
128KB, 308x308px
>>84816164
>>
File: 8776488848.png (419KB, 800x511px) Image search: [Google]
8776488848.png
419KB, 800x511px
>>84791682
>>
>>84816289
>I think the "Batman has never, ever killed" got significantly bigger after BTAS.

Because it's baby's first Batman to so many people that it's become regard as the definitive bible for everything Batman related.
>>
>>84816363
Exactly, and DC gives its audience what it expects.
>>
File: RCO017_w.jpg (2MB, 1983x3054px) Image search: [Google]
RCO017_w.jpg
2MB, 1983x3054px
>>84816164
>when they ok with Captain America doing the same in movies
Batman has had numerous good stories in which having a no-kill rule was a major focus. Captain America hasn't.

You can take the argument further and say that a Batman who has an irrational phobia of killing as a result of witnessing his parents' murder makes for a more complex character, and juxtaposes well with the Joker's complete disregard for human life.

then there's the argument that Batman is more sympathetic and compelling when he is sincerely invested in the rehabilitation of his rogues, and more broadly about the kind of message he sends as an active figure of gotham's mythology.
>>
>>84792342
>>84792361
http://www.ew.com/article/2008/07/17/watchmen-chat-director-zack-snyder
>I had a buddy who tried getting me into ”normal” comic books, but I was all like, ”No one is having sex or killing each other.
>>
>>84816415
>Batman is more sympathetic and compelling when he is sincerely invested in the rehabilitation of his rogues,

He drops them off in a creaky semi-haunted madhouse with no locks on the doors.
>>
>Muh tone
>Muh kill count!
>Other franchise did it! Why can't this one!

Man I like dogs too but if all the cats started barking and chasing cars I'd miss cats. I don't know what the fuck is going on with the DCEU but they seem dead set into turning it into Marvel where everyone is an asshole
>>
>>84816415
>Batman has had numerous good stories in which having a no-kill rule was a major focus. Captain America hasn't.

Even if they weren't very good, Marvel had a very long history of bending over backwards and maintaining that Cap never killed anybody, especially during world war two until Ed Brubaker came along and said it was dumb as fuck, had Steve kill again in the war and turned Bucky into an assassin.
>>
>>84816444
And?

That's not what he is saying you dmbass, no wonder you guys don't like MoS or BvS, you cant understand a simple comic.

I grew up reading european comics and noir stuff, jumping to murrikan capeshit has that effect on people. Zach was a Heavy Metal guy, capeshit looks flat when you are used to other kinds of comics.
>>
>>84816444
The man really needs to stop doing interviews.
>>
>>84816488
>Even if they weren't very good, Marvel had a very long history of bending over backwards and maintaining that Cap never killed anybody, especially during world war two until Ed Brubaker came along and said it was dumb as fuck, had Steve kill again in the war and turned Bucky into an assassin.

9/11 fucked up cap's character really hard. The whole "tree or truth" that some people love or his position in the civil war movie are actually extremely fascist.
>>
>>84791682
Shit quips aside, the thing that bothers me the most is how casual they're being about an impending doom that's right on the horizon. It's weird, since you know that Batman pretty much hangs out in his Batsuit all the time, and why is he so god damn casual about his secret identity? Why would you tell a random stranger who you are? What if Barry would've said no? That's just sloppy, man, fuck this gay movie.

Still gonna watch it though, Ezra Miller is pretty cute, not gonna lie
>>
>>84816507
Nah we just have to read between the lines and squint until we find the underrated brilliance or some such bullshit.
>>
>>84816444
what is he, twelve?
>>
>>84816363
There are stories that kind of require bats not killing, and with the dead Robin suit they clearly were thinking about the most obvious, Under the Red Hood. The last Nolan movie teased a red helmeted biker as i recall.
>>
>>84816510
>The whole "tree or truth" that some people love or his position in the civil war movie are actually extremely fascist.
>refusing to accept a bad thing just because it's legal and condoned by those in power is fascist
>>
>>84816523
>why is he so god damn casual about his secret identity
I honestly think Snyder just doesn't understand or care about secret identities.
>>
>>84816550
>>refusing to accept a bad thing just because it's legal and condoned by those in power is fascist

>enforcing your will on others disgarding their rights, invading countries to push your idiology and marking people to be killed just for thinking different isnt fascist.
>>
>>84816560
>I honestly think Snyder just doesn't understand or care about secret identities

Do you think the same about the CW universe?
>>
Why would anyone but Wonder Woman trust Bruce/Batman in building a team after he infamously fought against Superman, someone who is now dead in the universe?
>>
>>84816415
>Batman has had numerous good stories in which having a no-kill rule was a major focus. Captain America hasn't.

It wasn't a major focus, but Captain America once beat the shit out of the Punisher in Civil War for killing some villains that wanted to join Cap's group.
>>
the jl teaser wasn't anything amazing, same with the ww trailer

snyder still hasn't tricked me as much as he did with the 2 man of steel teasers, man of steel trailer 3 and the bvs comicon trailer
>>
>>84816618
Isn't there a 1% chance that Arthur Curry can't be trusted?
>>
>>84816621
He kind of shot them without warning in the back as i recall.
>>
>>84816596
there's nothing wrong with disregarding someone's legal right to own slaves, for a historical example
>>
>>84816618
Snyderverse people are dumb af and fast to forget about everything. They still don't even know is Batman real or not.
>>
>>84816606
I only watch Flash and Barry goes full retard with the number of people he tells. But we get ta much better balance and he they establish that he tries to keep his heroics separate by doing things like vibrating his vocal cords.

Whereas with Snyder, people right now are assuming the Clark Kent identity is dead. And he just time skips over the whole "wars glasses so he can blend in with people" thing' taking it completely for granted. Then anyone that's important to the narrative figures out both Superman and Batman's secret identities either off camera before the story starts or within 20 minutes. So yes, Snyder comes off as not giving a shit about that genre convention, and given that track record I wouldn't be too surprised if he tried to have Bruce be Batman full time; especially since that'd be more in character for Bruce than just about any other character
>>
Wow, Ezra Miller looks like a normal person and fucking cute as fuck.
>>
>yfw WB executives order a rehaul of the movies to make it less dark but still make the movies canon and not reboot it
>yfw the pull a Rebirth and have Synder's Doctor Manhattan be the cause of the depressing nature of the DCEU
>>
So, who will be the bad guy of the Wonder Woman movie? Ares?
>>
>>84816710
Rebirth was shit and the use of Manhattan was the final nail to Geoff's creativity.
It was complete shit.
>>
>>84816618
>after he infamously fought against Superman

That was not public knowledge.
>>
>>84816669
The ONLY non-villian Character with lines in the ENTIRE series that doesnt know Barry's identity is the gay cop.

>Whereas with Snyder, people right now are assuming the Clark Kent identity is dead

And that people is retarded, as long as there's a Lois there will be a Clark.
>>
>>84816618
Who knows about that?

>>84816641
There is. That's the point, Superman changed Bruce so much that gave him his trus0t in humanity and people back.
>>
>>84816363
Not only that. In BTAS no one actually kills anyone, or if they do this happens of screen. I am very appreciative and always be attached to Timmverse, but casual scum should know that this is universe that lasts forever, it never had actual beginning or end (yeah you have Mask if Phantasm and Beyond but it's not the same thing), but movies (and comic books, but who da hell reading them imirite guys?) are fucking different, and character must evolve, as well as their background.
>>
>>84816415
>I never read Waid's Captain America
Okkk, famal.
>>
>>84816292
>>84816164
Nice counters, famalates. This (you)s just 4 big guys like u.
>>
>>84816532
>last Nolan movie teased a red helmeted biker as i recall.
Wut
>>
File: 1421147465403.png (76KB, 893x665px) Image search: [Google]
1421147465403.png
76KB, 893x665px
>>84791853
>That board actually knows about movies.
>>
>>84792265
Man of Steel is actually very true to the character as depicted in The Man of Steel and Birthright, or basically how he's been since Crisis.

/tv/fags tend to just read All-Star Superman and think that's what Superman is all about, which is like watching Brave and the Bold and thinking that's what Batman is all about.

The problem with MoS is solely that they failed to create a movie that resonated with people. The concepts and characterizations are fine.
>>
>>84816669
Who the fuck cares?
See in future Superbro : The Man of Tomorrow
>>
>>84816913
I like the DCAU too. But it definitely changed the comics too. I mean, Batman killing was never something that occured often outside of the Golden Age, but it still happened sometimes.

Now we have Batman dealing out huge amounts of punishment to thugs and villains, ramming cars with the batmobile and what not, and suppsedly never killing anyone.
>>
File: 14690306199090.jpg (60KB, 480x440px) Image search: [Google]
14690306199090.jpg
60KB, 480x440px
>>84817003
I think boxoffice resonated just fine. First ZackAttack and over 650ml evergreen, and before you say "most well-known superhero" Superman Returns only did little over 300ml.
>>
>>84799250
It's just a bunch of text on an image. You could do this shit in paint. It's not like one of those overly insane images from /v/ with wojack and pepe and shit everwhere representing Nintendo and Sony.
>>
>>84817097
That's because in comics Batman is in his young age, or in his peak, when in BvS it's 20 years vet, slowly becoming villain (not because he is brutal, but because he almost killed Superman for mainly forced reason). Casuals also forgets that.
>>
>>84817114
MoS had huge hype after DK and the whole capeshit industry. Half of profit were made at first weekend. People were waitin for another awesome movie following the traliers. And they had got Thor-tier movie with Bible references instead
>>
>>84817114
>this image again
We've been over this anon. More light hearted movies can have more out of character jokes. If a movie is taking itself super seriously, it's not going to read the same and there's no one to blame but the person who made the tone of the movie the way it was.
>>
>>84793240

What about when he said the only reason they killed Superman in MoS was that they needed batman to be the guy to recruit the Justice League?

What about when he literally said he couldn't have the characters talk to each other in costume?
>>
>>84799780
learn how to read you moron.
>>
>>84810408
Oh know the media is being too tough on superman? Such a bummer, that's way more troublesome then the hundreds of people that died around him.

And What about all the other scenes of him saving people with at best boredom or and at worst apparent disgust.

There is never a single moment where Superman is proud of saving anyone.

They made an unlikable superman, that's the main complaint.
>>
File: S60712-164642.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S60712-164642.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
>>84817746
Did you even watched movie?
>>
>>84817967
It looks like Henry just were tired of Snyder's shit and make one little smile while Zack wasn't looking. All other smiles were only when he saw Lois, because he only care about her and Martha.
>>
>>84818143
you are literally inventing backstory to justify your opinion
>>
>>84818143
>because he only care about her and Martha.

Where are you getting this?

The guy loved humanity and love people. That's why he is affected by the bad things of the world. He wants to save everyone and he knows he can't
>>
>>84818174
Post other times he smiled then.
>>
>>84818189
>superman smiles while people are crying and losing their homes to the flood
>superman smiles while people got killed by a bomb

Are you dumb or what?, i take a superman that CARES over a superman that smiles like an idiot.
>>
File: S60725-171453.jpg (142KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
S60725-171453.jpg
142KB, 1280x720px
>>84818189
>>
>>84818174
When you see Henry doin some interviews he is always smiling and having fun. He is also pretty joyful in Agents of U.N.C.L.E.
Here, in shyderverse, Superman, symbol of hope is 95% of time grim and angst edgelord.
>>84818183
>Nothing stays good in this world
>Didn't save anyone accept random people on his path till MoS
Also, real Superman know that he can't save everyone, but he is not such a whining shit and keeping this inside.
>>
>>84818272
> All other smiles were only when he saw Lois, because he only care about her and Martha.
>>
>>84818228
>implying he cares
If he cares, why did he sacrifice himself and leave the rest of the world saving to lesser beings?

Seems very caring.
>>
>>84818274
>>Nothing stays good in this world
God... you are not serious right?
>>
>>84818335
Well, considering the movie is a work of fiction and clearly not based in reality, yes.
>>
>>84818335
What do you mean?
>>
>>84818292
>>84817967
Let's start circle logic, shall we?
>>
>>84818366
What are you talkin about.
Lets see where Supes smiles:
Only on pic for lilte bit, when he see Lois. When he see Martha and he is not even smiling as I remember. So?
>>
>>84818364
That was superman doubting himself, nothing more. Using it as an argument is retarded
>>
I've never watched a single Snyder movie.
>>
>>84818417
Watch the Owl movie, that's his only enjoyable one.
>>
>>84818433

I had thoughts about Watchmen, but then I remembered that I already read the comic.
>>
>>84818400
I still don't get why him smiling is a big deal, the movie choose to focus on a dark part of his life and the struggle he is having. Saying you want to see him save cats is not a valid criticism. This superman SAVES cats, it's just that this story isnt about that.
>>
Man of Steel and Batman v Superman (the Ultimate Cut) were both good movies

Both normies and mainstream movie critics have a preconceived notion of what superhero movies should be, and let that cloud their judgement, instead of trying to evaluate the movies on purely cinematic terms
>>
>>84818529
>instead of trying to evaluate the movies on purely cinematic terms
Yes, because when I watch a capeshit film, I totally expect Days of Heaven and Eraserhead.
>>
>>84818529
Normies are not the problem, casuals are, casual fans think the character should act only in one way, like those fags that post that shitty Hitman page or Johns "i hear families kissing and saying i love you" crap.
>>
>>84818560
So your argument is there's no space for exploration?

Sure BvS being a Tragedy and being build as a tragedy is not something anyone actually expected, but it doesnt mean that's wrong.
>>
>>84818415
>Superman literaly said that he has no hope for this world
>Bad argument against this version of him
Yeah, right.
>>84818492
But no one wants to see edgygrimdark Supes. We have Batman already. Also, when dark moments happens in bright town like Metropolos and life of Superman, it much stronger and better. Also, when Supes happy and kind, moments when he is in sadness or anger is always heart-breaking
>>
File: garth ennis supes.jpg (122KB, 580x878px) Image search: [Google]
garth ennis supes.jpg
122KB, 580x878px
>>84818569
>Talking shit about Hitman
You're just annoyed that a man who hates superheroes (with exception of Wonder Woman and Superman himself) can present a better Superman than Snyder ever will.
>>
>>84818560
>Yes, because when I watch a capeshit film, I totally expect Days of Heaven and Eraserhead.
Well, nobody expects high art. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. If you do try and it goes wrong you can end up with something like Ang Lee's Hulk, but it doesn't mean nobody can succeed at it.

I don't think that's what Snyder was aiming for either, for the record, I think he was just trying to make action movies that are a little more visually and tonally ambitious than the recent capeshit environment has been.
>>
>>84818648
>If you do try and it goes wrong you can end up with something like Ang Lee's Hulk
Like MoS and BvS as well.
>>
>>84818648
>art
MoS is Thor-tier movie, man. BvS is like CW, but worse, because audience doesn't care about characters at all
>>
>>84818645
That's good, but that's not the part i was talking about. But i don't agree with you. i think that superman's "this is my world, you are my world" it's a perfect Superman.
>>
>>84818784
>BvS is like CW

Generic? Looks like a TV show? No stakes?
>>
>>84818880
Have you seen how TV shows look nowadays? A lot are more cinematic than movies.

What do you mean by "No stakes"?
>>
>>84818935
>A lot are more cinematic than movies

I know, the Gotham tv show looks better than CW.
>>
>>84819011
Well, Gotham is on Fox, so it kind of has an upper hand than The Flash and Arrow.

But I was talking about shows like Mr. Robot, House of Cards, Peaky Blinders, shows like that.
>>
>>84819058
Yeah, but arent those mini-series?
>>
>>84818880
>whole reply chain kicked off by people not realizing CW obviously meant Civil War, not the channel
>>
>>84819093
No, but then again, they have less episodes than Gotham, Flash and that. Quality over quantity.
>>
>>84816528
>no one is having sex
You know who else didn't have sex? God and the Virgin Mary. Superman confirmed for Jesus
>>
>>84819118
Exactly, I did att. It's called moving goalposts.
>>
>>84791853
>That board actually knows about movies.
Just came here to laugh at this. I've spent time in /tv/, still do sometimes. There are anons there who know about movies but they get overwhelmed by the amount who are just there for their favorite tv shows and memes.
>>
>>84816528
>Nah we just have to read between the lines and squint until we find the underrated brilliance or some such bullshit.

Or stop being a retard:

"i was used to european comics, superhero comics were not attractive to me until i read watchmen"

How is that hard to understand? Zack speaks too much, but you idiots are total retards.
>>
Why didn't Snyder just took Earth-One versions of heroes? If he doesn't want to use BORING MAIN EARTH, DUH so much? There is really interesting alternative stories about whole trinity.
>inb4 Snyder don't know shit about comics
>>
>>84819281

Wait... This is real? There's idiots like you that think this is an adaptation of some kind of canon or something? This were never "main earth" adaptations.
>>
>>84819363
Can't you read? Are you retarded or smth? Snyder crying everywhere that he make his universe based on comics etc. That he respect every aspect of characters and make them like in comics books. And he trulty took characters, but from wrong books, you dumbfuck. He just mixed three incompatible and, the most important, questinable stories of Supes in one meh movie. I know that he didn't want to make some "ordinary boring story" like in main universe, so why not just take some good alternative instead of mix some doubtful ones?
>>
>>84819258
>"i was used to european comics, superhero comics were not attractive to me until i read watchmen"
>european comics
Snyder cites Frazetta and Heavy Metal Magazine.

Heavy Metal isn't European. Heck, it as created by one of the guys behind the ninja turtles. Frank Frezetta wasn't a european artist either. Born in New York, died in Florida.

Are you trying to change the continent because of the concept that European comics have more depth and you want to attribute that depth to Snyder?
>>
>>84817003
>Man of Steel is actually very true to the character as depicted in The Man of Steel and Birthright, or basically how he's been since Crisis.
No it isn't.
In fact I still remember that thread where someone storytimed Birthright and showed page by page why that worked but Man of Steel didn't and you Snyderfags threw a tantrum and started yelling about autism and how it was actually based on Miracleman and nobody understood it.
>>
>>84818935
>What do you mean by "No stakes"?
Stakesfags judge the quality of a movie by how many background characters die. Roland Emmerich movies are basically porn to them.
>>
>>84819785
>Heavy Metal isn't European.

God. You know that the original American Heavymetal was just republishing the French Heavy metal one right?

And the "ninja turtles" guy just got involved after the HM Communications era was over.
>>
>>84819844
Fucking lol. I wish I could see that thread
>>
>>84820108
>try to look it up
>all the results are some autist doing CMX sales "numbers"
I don't even know why he bothers every week
>>
>>84819844
Is it this one? >>79577393
>>
>>84816980
https://youtu.be/aj1Q_BAqwa8
The biker that gets away.
>>
>>84818725
Yes, and like JL will.
>>
>>84791682
Do griffon bosses usually have 7 stages or is that just the german ones?
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.