[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into cape-comics? Isn't there a "main"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1402294080287.gif (3MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1402294080287.gif
3MB, 200x150px
How do I get into cape-comics? Isn't there a "main" canon series for popular shit? I just see so many alternate universes and reboots that it's a big turnoff and I just stick to non-cape.
>>
File: RCO021.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>84782172
Just do what I do read a couple of wikis and pretend like you know what you're talking about

It's been working for a whole year now
>>
>>84782172
Read Marvel Adventures.

I'm assuming there's something similar for DC.
>>
>>84782172
Just read stuff that's good.
"Canon" is for speglords who want to obsess over minutiae.
>>
>>84782172
Read what the community prizes and use comic vine to fill any knowledge.

Canon is overrated in series where writers and artists constantly change.
>>
just dont read cape comics even the good ones are shit
>>
>>84782172
Earth 616 for mahvel and Earth 30 for DC

Or you can go the safe route and jut read New 52
>>
Don't bother OP, i tried, and i realized capecomics is just an industry meant to spew out products that will trick people into buying all the other comics too, instead of actually caring more about making stories

Get away from the maelstrom while you still can
>>
>>84782172
99% of the comics Marvel puts out takes place in main canon. 90% of what DC puts out takes place in main canon.
>>
The problem with cape comics is they're basically a scam if you get anything other than anthologies or comps or whatever. They're way over priced so nobody buys them in singles but nerds with jobs who blow all their extra money on this shit. That's why they've been marketing more and more to normies. Like movies, it's about money first--not art.
>>
>>84784467
To add to that, they're bad a marketing to normies. That was going to be my whole point. Comics are in some weird transitional phase--especially with all the girls who are genuinely interested in them now.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.