[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that "not muh _____" is actually a perfectly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: iqetqv.png (93KB, 291x300px) Image search: [Google]
iqetqv.png
93KB, 291x300px
Reminder that "not muh _____" is actually a perfectly valid critique of an adaptation of a popular story or character. An adaptation by its very nature allows for less creative freedom, because you're tied to existing work that's already in the public's consciousness. If you want to go in a "bold new direction" with your adaptation, you're not really making an adaptation at all, you're making a new story wearing an old story's skin. And that's bad.
>>
>>84775669
>using the BATB parody of "not muh" posters

Meta/10
I think I get it.
>>
>>84775669
Okay
>>
Not muh /co/.
>>
The fidelity to the source material is irrelevant to the quality of the movie, it has to stand on its own as a piece of art.

And artists by definiton are going to want to put their own spin on works. You're arguing that we should get completely bland on-entity writers and directors because they're the only ones who are going to want to do what you're asking.

Creative freedom being dictated by the source material is moronic. You want the original story, read the book.
>>
Not muh is very valid for bitching about the way characters act in ongoings
>>
>>84775669
It is a critique that is valid for your personal lack of enjoyment, but not valid for the actual quality of the piece of media.
>>
>>84776411
THIS!
>>
>>84776411
It is valid for the piece of media, though, insofar as the piece of media is an adaptation. We can critique something as its own work and as an adaptation, and a work may be a great piece of art but a poor adaptation.
>>
well, in the case of creative enterprises, the arrangement of plot elements and certain themes might actually be important to the internal logic and consistency of the story, changing things requires an understanding of what you're changing, and many people who try do not.
>>
>>84775669
Batman has had many interpretations that are all very different from each other, so not much doesn't really work for him.
>>
>>84776526
>and a work may be a great piece of art but a poor adaptation.
The problem is that "faithfulness" is generally such a nebulous criteria it is hard to actually quantify. Which is a "more faithful" adaptation of Batman, BTAS or BATB?
>>
>>84775669
Isn't this some obscure copypasta? I feel like it is.
>>
>>84775996
>The fidelity to the source material is irrelevant to the quality of the movie

This is a fact. But this is /co/, this board knows nothing about movies. the taste of this board is TERRIBLE.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.