[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For years, John K warned us about Cal-Arts on his blog, and yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: JohnK.jpg (10KB, 194x207px) Image search: [Google]
JohnK.jpg
10KB, 194x207px
For years, John K warned us about Cal-Arts on his blog, and yet you all laughed at him. You poked fun at his "pear-shaped moms" rant, and dismissed him as a bitter has-been.

But now, between all of the hideous new cartoons and even uglier reboots, it seems /co/ finally realizes that John K was right about Cal-Arts all along.

Apologize.

I SAID APOLOGIZE.
>>
>>84774811
>Rebecca Sugar didn't go to CalArts.
>Gumball isn't even made in America.
It's just a classic case of imitating a successful style.
>>
>>84774811

When he said "calarts style" he was referring to something completely different.
>>
>>84775400
This. It's like the people who talk about John's opinions on his blog haven't actually read his blog at all.
>>
Wasn't he criticizing the Iron Giant's style when he brought up Calarts or whatever
>>
>>84775988
Yeah, but the criticized the school's thought process as well. They all imitate each other poorly, and a lot of studios only hire people from Cal-Arts.
>>
>>84774811
How's "Cans Without Labels" going, John?
>>
>>84776655
Dubs on dubs on dubs... John just got BTFO.
>>
If you criticize everything you're bound to be right about something eventually. Doesn't make him any less of an incompetent butthurt creep.
>>
>>84774811
he looks kinda like todd howard there
>>
>>84774811
John K is still a hack and nothing is wrong with the cartoons airing today. Right now it's more about plot rather then animation and there is literally nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>84774811
I'll apologize When he finishes "Cans Without Labels" [/spoiler
>>
everyone here knows he started that meme
>>
>>84775751

No way, that would mean people here are ignorant about stuff they get angry about and claim they understand. That would just be stupid.
>>
>>84774811
We are still laughing at him

I love his style, but his ego inflated so much that his ass floated to Mars. He is now a one-trick-pony, and since it worked once, he belives that he can do all by himself.

He has no sense of art or real comedy writing, he takes one or two B- artists who he saw in his childhood and declares they as the fathers of all animation. And complains about any other style that differs from him, which he believes that work with any script, any music and any media.

John K is a guy who has a funny way to draw , not the animation Messiah. And everyone who had the potential to be gave up because of the industry.

Animation will never be saved because it is a form of media, not a genre. And you guys will never decide what you really want it to be
>>
>>84777175
>He has no sense of art or real comedy writing, he takes one or two B- artists who he saw in his childhood and declares they as the fathers of all animation.

To be fair, Clampett is defining figure in American animation. It's just that John K. is no Bob Clampett.
>>
>>84776655
Anon just fucked around and got a triple double.
>>
>>84774811
He looks like Todd Howard in this pic.
>>
File: 1469338605166.png (68KB, 194x207px) Image search: [Google]
1469338605166.png
68KB, 194x207px
>>84777439
Did you remember to donate to my-I mean, John K's Kickstarter for Cans Without Labels? It's some quality animation!
>>
>>84775751
>>84775400
You mean OP is pretending to defend him?
>>
>>84775988
Iron Giant is pretty unique looking though. What gives?
>>
>>84777175
>Animation will never be saved because it is a form of media, not a genre.
Artforms can be saved.

>And you guys will never decide what you really want it to be
It can be anything. That's the point.
>>
>>84774811
This "Apologize" meme is funny, but it's getting really fucking autistic.
>>
>>84774811

John K waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were calarts in the studio. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to Coohen Bety were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
John was a cartoonist for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the storyboards and he said to dad “I want to create cartoons daddy.”
Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY CALARTS”
There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the depraved studio of Catroon Network he knew there were calarts.
“This is Bety” the radio crackered. “You must fight the calarts!”
So John gotted his ball pencil and blew up the wall.
“HE GOING TO KILL US” said the calarts
“I will shoot at him” said the smileydemon and he fired the XDs. John ren&stimpyd at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
“No! I must kill the calarts” he shouted
The radio said “No, John. You are the calarts”
And then John was fired from Nickelodeon.
>>
>>84777963

No, OP is a retard who parrots shitposters.
>>
File: toddster2.png (764KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
toddster2.png
764KB, 667x1000px
On an unrelated topic, are you fine gents looking forward to the Nuka World DLC for Fallout 4™?
>>
>>84774811
still a has-been with no sense of aesthetics. he's had ver a decade to make his masterpiece, instead he hacked out 'cans without labels', a zero effort production that does nothing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.