[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't anybody think he was justified for being angry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 17

File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1700x912px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1700x912px
Why didn't anybody think he was justified for being angry at Steven for taking over his body?
>>
>>84768242
Because everyone preferred Steven Lars
>>
Because actual Lars is a douchebag who deserves the living shit kicked out of him
>>
Cause Steven is sucrose bro, and everybody loves Steven.

Perfect boy.
>>
>>84768242
Maybe Steven will fuck over Kiki or Mayor Dewey's life next and they'll gain some sympathy
>>
Regular Lars is a jerk. So I thought it was interesting.
>>
>>84768242
They just hate Lars

Are they ever gonna get into why Lars is such a tool? I'd understand if there was a crowd of kids acting that way but it's hard to blame his shittiness on insecurity when no one likes him and people constantly call him out
>>
>>84768242
Normal Lars is shit and they like him better when he's not himself. And they like Steven better than him.

Hit a bit close to home
>>
>>84768647
this, p. much. Sadie realized Steven-Lars was telling the truth just because he apologized for something.
>>
You have to keep in mind everyone in Beach City who knows Steven knows he's a well-meaning kid but he's also got magic powers from his ayylmao mom. So him astral-possessing Lars is the equivalent of a normal boy breaking an expensive vase or something. Lars is being an overbearing jerk IN THE CONTEXT OF THE NARRATIVE so that's why the Cool Kids are standing up for him.
>>
>>84768242

because A) they didn't knew steven was inside lar's body and B) lars is a full time edgy tryhard so they thought he was just being an asshole as usual
>>
>>84769361
Some people are just fucking tools, man. Lars is dumb as a brick and has trouble empathizing with people. That's a nasty combination, but unfortunately not one you can do much about.

But hey, NOT taking over his brain and forcing him to play into your deluded fantasy where you ship him with the woman who kidnapped him would be a good start towards helping him develop into a happier, healthier individual.
>>
>>84768242
That was a messed up episode, Steven went full controlling sociopath just because he didn't think the current state of Lars and Sadie's friendship wasn't correct.
Was this a critique on shippers and their obsessive ways where they can get quite insane or did the writers not realize how bad they made Steven behave?
>>
>>84769758
>forcing him to play into your deluded fantasy where you ship him with the woman who kidnapped him
This made me hate Steven more than I already did
>>
The thing is, lars is not only a dick but he is needlessly so. There is nothing for him to angst about. He has a high test grill willing to kill gem monsters with a sharpened stick just to touch his dick, loving parents, the cool guys would actually hang out with him if not for his dickishness and the most powerful and influential kid in the whole world considers him his best friend. Incidentally that kid is also part of the cool guys and tried to get him to hang out with them but he chose angsting.

He deserves all the suffering and more.
>>
>>84768242
For the same reason he wasn't justified in getting mad at Sadie for stranding him on an island for who knows how long

>>84769519
>lmao your body got violated and used but who cares you are just a male after all!

Meanwhile Pearl tricking Garnet into fusing is LITERAL RAPE
>>
>>84768242
Protagonist centered morality.

Also because Lars is a dick.
>>
>>84769966

More of an excited kid beign naive about relationships and trying to 'fix' them.
>>
>>84768242
Because at this part they didn't know Steven had been in Lars' body. All they saw was Lars trying to hurt Steven.
>>
>>84770003
They've been making some weird choices with Steven this season. I get that they want to portray him as a heart-on-his-sleeve/hopeless romantic kid, but what Sadie did was FAR more monstrous than any of Lars's callous insults. The fact that Steven overlooks that is really bizarre to me.
>>
>>84770097
What's funny is that Steven made Lars look worse than ever before by assaulting himself in front of the cool kids and Lars's parents
>>
>>84770003
OTOH the whole misadventure got Lars to admit he really does have feelings for the only person in town who doesn't treat him like a fucking waste of skin. Sometimes it takes another person dragging you out of your selfish little comfort zone to do that.
>>
Because Lars sucks. Somehow he's worse then Kevin.
>>
It was a bad episode
>>
>>84770301
Still not as bad as Beach City Drift though.
>>
>>84770176
Steven overlooks it because his guardians neglect him, drag him into dangerous places, abandon him all the time, and he is used to people doing batshit crazy things like kidnapping you and holding you hostage for weeks at a time, and even try to kill you.
>>
>>84768242
Steven was being a manipulative and controlling dick throughout this whole week

>Forces Greg and Pearl to interact with each other
>Used shapeshifting to circumvent safety rules cheat at a game and steal from an understaffed amusement park. Tries to make Peridot learn shapeshifting when it's physically not possible for her
>Took over Lars' body and tried to change Lars' life to fit his own fantasy
>Used fusion just to try to humiliate an arrogant guy who danced with them once.

A lot of abuses of power, is Steven due for a reality check soon?
>>
>>84770399
I'd be willing to accept this as intentional canon if this show was on Netflix or something.
>>
I always wonder why /co/ reaches as far as possible to try and paint something that is balls-on-the-wall obvious as some edgy shit that is the complete opposite of what's actually happening.
>>
>>84770462

Is this some kind of shitposting
>>
>>84770040
They didn't treat that as LITERAL RAPE because if the show was treating Pearl as a LITERAL RAPIST she would be a villain. Do you even feminism?
>>
>>84770462
He's due for EVIL. It's in his nature. He'd be scarily good at it, too.
>>
Steven should've taken over Sadie's body. He'd be more at home in it anyways.
>>
>>84770399
I mean, his new best buddy is the same woman who was helping Jasper try to kill his entire family and maybe destroy the Earth.
>>
>>84768647
Agreed. He's a douche and honestly? I can't see why Steven or sadie sadie even talk to him
>>
I had this thought about Kevin and Lars being related and Lars wanting to be cool like him but it doesn't make much sense now that I think about it.
>>
>>84770819
Sadie just has awful taste in men. Steven probably want to REDEMPTION ARC him like he does with antagonistic gems and centipeedles.
>>
>>84769519
I'm not sure how much the Beach City residents know. Like, in the cool kids' first appearance, they didn't know Steven and he couldn't explain the magical bullshit to them. Of course with the thing with the big alien hand I'm sure everyone knows something by now, but to varying degrees. Steven's always bothering the donut teens so they know more about and are less fazed by his magical bullshit than, say, Mayor Dewey, who probably still thinks the gems are his aunts. They probably aren't equipped to even understand the extent of what Steven did.
>>
>>84768242
because no one acknowledges magic events around them.
this show is very unsatisfying about no one responding appropriately to magic
>>
>>84770201
Sure, but Steven was still a ginormous piece of shit
>>
>>84769361
They already did, he wants to look cool and impress others by acting like he doesn't care about anything. He avoids Sadie and Ronaldo because he thinks they would ruin his image. He's just super insecure and anxious about anything social...
>>
>>84770759
He was trying to get Lars to take over Sadie's body.
>>
>>84768242
Forced mindreading/altering, possession, transformation etc. is the grossest shit to me.

Always just makes me hate the protagonist for doing that shit with their powers.
>>
>>84770614
Please explain how this thread depicts the opposite of what happened
>>
Nobody likes Lars is why.
>>
>>84771009
>>84771049

I think you both misunderstand the show. The point is that no one cares. Yes, the things that the gems can do are surprising and wonderful and really cool, but ultimately humanity grew up with the knowledge that there were magical rock lesbians from space the whole time.

It'd be like if Jesus showed up for a few days in some random devout town in the Bible Belt or some shit. It'd be really amazing because it's Jesus and all, but it's not like anyone there is surprised that Jesus exists.
>>
>>84770176
For all the character development that this show has, I think the Lars Sadie dynamic is just kind of awkward as far as any sort of arc for it goes.

Whenever it seems that one of them has learned something it's generally back to the status quo of Sadie being the hopeful romantic and Lars just being a dick again.
>>
>>84770668
He's not wrong though, he has been really manipulative lately.
>>
How many fucking episode are we going to have about Lars being a shit head?

We must have had over 5 by now.
It's all the same.
Lars is shit.
We get it.

He never changes so keep having episodes revolve around him being shitty?
>>
>>84771219
I agree. I think they BOTH need to move on. Lars is genuinely too stupid to realize how hurtful he's being, and Sadie needs to find some other nerd to tap her tubby ass. There's gotta be someone else in Beach City desperate enough for that.
>>
>>84771393
The thing is, I don't think the Crew knows what to do with him. If they suddenly have Lars start to learn to be less of a dick, what exactly is his character then?

>"Well he'd be a normal teenager then."

Yeah, but they don't do "normal" in this show. Everybody has a quirk or personality trait that defines them. At least the humans do. Lars is the dick because nobody else in town is a dick.
>>
>>84771486
>Sadie needs to find some other nerd to tap her tubby ass.
I recommend the local zoo.
>>
File: 1426737745797.png (1MB, 1280x826px) Image search: [Google]
1426737745797.png
1MB, 1280x826px
>>84771210
While I'd like more people to actually acknowledge what a big deal the monsters and alien invasions are for the town, there is a sort of implication that the only people who still live in Beach City are the ones who just kind of go with the flow of dangerous magical phenomena for some reason.

Kind of wish that Ronaldo wasn't just one-note comic relief. Might have been interesting to have someone actually questioning what the gems and their powers mean for the town's stability.
>>
>>84771509
>Everybody has a quirk or personality trait that defines them
What's Sadie's thing?
Being cucked by Lars?
>>
>>84771189

i mean this nigga >>84770462
>>
>>84771570
Sadie's the 6/10 that has a heart of gold and can shiv a fucker.
>>
>>84770819
Because he's probably the first guy to show her any kind of interest which makes her obsess over hm in hopes that he'll eventually treat her like that consistently.
>>
>>84771656
>plans to forcibly induce Stockholm Syndrome in an asshole who barely wants to give her the time of day
>heart of gold

I think we're a little past that. She needs to work her way back up from amoral sociopath now.
>>
>>84768242
He got cucked like a Pearl.
He deserves to be cucked like a Pearl.
>>
>>84771570
she is the woman that got away with kidnapping and poisoning people
>>
>>84768242
Because Steven didn't do it on purpose and Lars is a real prick. Pretty much everything that happened in the episode was Steven acting like Steven and failing to realise Lars doesn't act that way. The only truly manipulative thing he did was tell Sadie that Lars loved her, which everyone involved already knows.
>>
>>84771210
Lars acts like he's from our earth sometimes. Ronaldo treats this shit like it's uncommon and a crazy conspiracy. The Mahe- Connie's parents are freaked the fuck out by magic shit plus they think gem mutants are just deformed people. In general, only a super small, microscopic percentage of the human population has even witnessed any of this firsthand. Magic stuff still weirds people out, there's a lot they don't know about and they don't understand it, but the people in Beach City in particular probably get over any surprise quickly because the gems were there long before anyone else.
>>
>>84770462
/SUG/ v0.8 is coming soon so we all must shitpost harder than ever.
>>
>>84771486
Sadie's generally cute and likable outside of the Lars episodes, but her whole desire to "fix" him just brings out the worst in her, and no one really calls her out for it.
>>
>>84771571
To be frank, he's not really wrong. Steven did say he brought Pearl just so Greg and her could make up, he did use powers to cheat (though who cares about that), he did try to change Lars' life because he's a shitty shipperfag, and he did use fusion because he was salty.

Steven's been a piece of shit recently
>>
>>84771509
They could give him a different thing. It's not like they only know how to write one type of character. Maybe he doesn't do a total 180, but maybe he becomes a nice guy with a bit of attitude but not dick.
>>
>>84772019
Especially since Sadie's Song was entirely about not trying to "fix" people. Although to be fair the problem Lars has is fixable and would be fixed with the slightest amount of introspection.
>>
Because Squidward Tennisballs
>>
File: is dis leaf serious.jpg (32KB, 610x414px) Image search: [Google]
is dis leaf serious.jpg
32KB, 610x414px
>>84770462
>>84771256
>manipulative
>by getting people to confront the feelings they keep buried
>feelings which the very act of hiding make them lash out at others and drive everyone away
Yeah what a sadistic puppet master, why can't he just leave them all to sit in their hugboxes until they die of bedsores

I bet you hate psychiatrists for telling you to stop ogling your little sister in the shower, too
>>
>>84772180
I honestly think introspection is beyond him. He's one of those people who does not experience empathy as strongly as normal people. He's always going to be a bitter cynic and he can only ever be with someone who is cool with that.

Sadie is NOT that person. I don't think anybody else in the show fits that description.
>>
>>84770777
The insanity has set in on him.
>>
>>84768242
Because the show is terribly written and Steve is a Mary Sue. Steven is an annoying character and everyone likes him because they have to.
>>
>>84772278
People go to psychiatrists looking for help

None of these people asked Steven to interfere in their lives
>>
>>84772019
I thought that episode where she traps everyone would be when she learns her lesson, but it keeps happening.

I think Sadie needs to find some new employment. She's clinging to this douche because they're obligated to spend a lot of time together and he occasionally defies his douchey nature and is "nice" to her, not understanding that it's exactly why Lars thinks he can treat her like shit the rest of the time.
>>
>>84772180
>would be fixed with the slightest amount of introspection.
He already knows his problem and knows that people hate him for it. However, he also feels that if he were to "fix" it then people would assume he was just pranking them or doing it as a ploy to hurt their feelings.

He views himself as being too deep into his character, making him feel as though he should just go all the way (with the dickish personality), so he's reluctant to change it into something more likable
>>
>>84772278
Steven decided what would be best for two people in his life. Was he right? Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that they didn't ask for his help. Don't be so obtuse
>>
>>84772310
His problem isn't cynicism. His problem is he has this idea of "cool" and sticks with it to make himself popular. Everything he does is about his image. He wants to hang with the Cool Kids because they are popular, but he fails to realise why they are popular in the first place.

>>84772461
That's an interesting take, but I disagree.
>>
>>84772051

>steven thinks pearl should come along on the father-son trip because it might get them closer, he literally says it

nope, he FORCES Greg and Pearl to interact with each other

>Used shapeshifting to circumvent safety rules

wow somebody stop this madman

>cheat at a game and steal from an understaffed amusement park

shit that never happens

>Tries to make Peridot learn shapeshifting when it's physically not possible for her

let's overlook the fact she tells them this after they try to teach her and that steven literally says he found himself on the same situation so they're gonna try and help her

>Took over Lars' body and tried to change Lars' life to fit his own fantasy

yeah man, he planned it all, it's not like he just woke up on lars body it and couldn't control his powers, it's also not like he was simply himself on lars body and as soon as he realized he didn't fit on lars life he told the truth, no he clearly had dark ulterior motives

>Used fusion just to try to humiliate an arrogant guy who danced with them once.

you mean he tried to get back on a smug prick?, wtf i hate steven now
>>
File: tumblr_mqm0qbH01O1r3vs52o2_500.gif (942KB, 470x238px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqm0qbH01O1r3vs52o2_500.gif
942KB, 470x238px
>>84772521
>>
>>84769361
It kind of seems like his parents just indulge his shitty behavior too much. Sometimes people aren't made into assholes, it's just that no one has managed to make them into good people.
>>
>>84768242
Because agenda comes first before good storytelling. Sugar is a hack.
>>
>>84768242
While I think Lars had the right to be pissed at the end, I still find it entertaining at just how easy it was for Steven to get along with the cool kids as Lars after making a handful of nice remarks.They're just really chill.
>>
>>84772594
His perception of coolness doesn't define most of his interpersonal relationships, though. Most of it is just plain old lack of empathy. He doesn't consider other people's feelings or how they will react to the dumb shit he says.

That's just how some people are. His brain doesn't appear to be wired for it. Some of that could pass once he gets out of his teenage years, but he's never going to be the bleeding heart Steven or Sadie would want him to be.
>>
>>84772801

>Sadie would want him to be.

the whole point of the episode is that sadie likes him the way he is, there's a whole fucking scene of her getting put off by steven's sweetness

she's probably the only person in the town who sees past his shitty behavior and thinks there's something salvageable in there
>>
File: hurray for lars.jpg (65KB, 494x478px) Image search: [Google]
hurray for lars.jpg
65KB, 494x478px
So is Lars /co/'s favorite character?
I'm seeing a lot of threads about him since the New Lars aired.
>>
>>84773149
Lapis best gem and character. Bob best human.
>>
>>84772461
>He views himself as being too deep into his character, making him feel as though he should just go all the way (with the dickish personality), so he's reluctant to change it into something more likable
This happens to other people too, right? Someone else has experience this, right?
>>
>>84770040
>inb4 fusion is sex
>>
>>84773075
I don't know if "likes him the way he is" is the correct way of putting it. Seems more like codependency to me.
>>
File: 1468605510971.gif (826KB, 696x478px) Image search: [Google]
1468605510971.gif
826KB, 696x478px
>>84773240
>have one persona with family
>have another with different friends, changing s little bit to suit the time with each one
>have different personas and acts with everyone I interact with because I'm in too deep to change how they think of me
>some days don't know how the real me would act anymore

This short is relevant

https://youtu.be/UtdHN0Rc7ck
>>
>>84773240

most people experience it to some degree, usually until something relatively hitting opens our eyes and we grow out of it
>>
>>84773537
There is no "real you" anon. Those personas weren't conjured out of the ether. They are all equal parts of the gestalt of yourself.

Now fight your shadow already. Reach out to the truth.
>>
File: 1445894554000.jpg (50KB, 449x597px) Image search: [Google]
1445894554000.jpg
50KB, 449x597px
ITT: SUfags defends a little cunt actions because they think this show is perfect and Steven is a good boy who dindu nuffin
>>
>>84771547
Lars, quit shitposting on /co/.
>>
>>84773804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu1LCUJMnF0
or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fks6pVaQQ04

take your pick, just get to it.
>>
it remind me of the ep where we found out Connie has continued to lie to her mom for no reason
then got ma at her the instant she started telling the truth for not believing something

then the ep acted like SHE was the unreasonable one
>>
>>84768242
Because Lars is a moody cunthole that everyone but worst girl and the kid who wants to be friends with everyone would rather not be around
>>
>>84773537
This is pretty standard for teenagers/people who still have no fucking idea who they are. Fact is that it's all in your head. You'll make it anon, it just takes a little time and maturity.
>>
>>84772718
>wtf i hate ___ now
Someone explain this shitty meme
>>
>>84768242

Because everyone liked him better when Steven was in his body. The only thing Lars has going for him is high test.
>>
>>84770777

Rebecca Sugar's show is PLAINLY inspired by mid-90's dubbed animes and "ENEMIES BECOMING FRIENDS" is the most anime trope there is.
>>
>>84770040

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>84771049

The gems have been on earth for hundreds of years, their relics and temples and shit litter the planet, their exploits have to be, on some level, fairly common knowledge, ESPECIALLY to the citizens of the town they inhabit.

Also Greg is explicitly uncomfortable with "magic stuff".
>>
>>84773962
I need something to do while I let guys fuck my ears for cash.
>>
>being pushy about dancing with someone is super bad and requires a discussion about consent
>stealing somebodies body, taking their free will and trying to force your interpretation of how they should behave on them is totally okay and you're a bad person at being angry at steven for it
>>
>>84768242
>It's a Lars episode
>It's ok, because it's actually Steven inside Lars
>>
that stuff with lars was too real

at the end of the day, he has some work to do, and when hes done and able to talk like an adult, he should explain to steven why it was wrong.

other than that, good luck making the kid to look like a bad guy

like, haven't you watched old school cartoons?
>>
Because Lars is a FUCKING WHITE MALE and thus evil
>>
See, here's the thing.
If Steven had done the whole possession intentionally, I'd be angry with him.
but his Dream stuff is new and his powers have a mind of their own
from their, Steven's lack of actual people experience due to never going to school and spending part of his life being raised by his socially retarded rock moms caused the event to snowball
>>
>>84774590

Are you colorblind?
>>
>>84774424
To be fair, the only person that knew Lars was possessed was Sadie, and everybody else just saw Lars smacking the shit out of Steven
>>
>>84774424
>and you're a bad person at being angry at steven for it
That's not why Lars is a bad person.
>>
>>84768242
Weren't they mad because they thought Lars breaking into Steven's house and beating his sleeping body?
>>
>All these Lars episodes
>Establish that he is a piece of shit for no reason at all
>Refuses to change when goven many opportubities and reasons to not be an asshole
Why the fuck do they keep shoving Lars in our face when it's clear they're never going to do anything interesting with him
>>
>>84774590
Fuck off, this show has some pretty good white males for all the timblr allegations being tossed around
>Based Greg
>2/3 of the cool kids
>Steven's final form is professional beach hunk bara Steven
Lars is just a cunt in general
>>
>>84774991
That was after he admitted to what he did. They got in front of Steven after Lars freaked out over what they did. So they knew what he did.
>>
>>84773804
YOU ARE NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84768242
nobody likes lars

when people don't like you they'll just use any excuse to shun you even if you are 100% justified
>>
>he has a bad personality therefore laws and respect don't apply to him and is fine to do everything to him xD

Literal SJW logic, no wonder /co/mblr defends it
>>
Lars represents normal people who don't have time for fat annoying gary stu little shits and the weepy "genderless" space rock dykes that people inexplicably love and worship.
>>
>>84773888
Don't bait, none of us think the show is perfect and from your reaction image alone I know you should have better standards than that.
>>
>>84775938
Yep. It's ok to bully a bully. If he hurts your feelings, go ahead and destroy his life as much as possible. The ends justify the means.
>>
>>84768242
Thought they didn't realize what was going on util after he screamed or something.
>>
>>84775471
I figured that was something between them and the others didn't get it.
>>
>>84770919
>Sadie just has awful taste in men.
It's because of her fucking overbearing soccer mom. Holy shit i hate fathers that want to brag about every single thing their children want to try and escalate stuff out of proportion. They suck the joy out of fucking everything.

Sadie sadly went to the other extreme and pines for a douche who have zero expectation on her.
>>
>>84774076
That wasn't the problem - Connie was still lying to her parents for fear of them not letting her see Steven anymore if they knew the truth. The problem was when shit got real and Connie had to be herself (ex get her sword and fight), her mom didn't believe anything she said and tried to hold her back (also by telling Connie who she is, which was by this point wrong).
>>
>>84776125
No, Steven openly admitted it in front of everybody.
>>
>>84770003
Steven's way too innocent to realize the gravity of that, plus lars is interested in her so it's seems ok from the kid's perspective.

>>84771992
Yeah well, considering that there's a big hole where Siberia used to be, I'm pretty sure geologists wouldn't have many explanations beyond ayy lmaos, so one would the expect at least the gov to know.

>>84772278
Pressuring two people that can't stand each other to hang out never works. Steven was well intentioned but the situation he caused could have gone south pretty hard.

Also he fucking cheated at the amusement park.

>>84773537
Different situations bring out different things in people.

You should listen to moot's talks on the prismatic person
>>
>>84768242
I really can't stand these faggy "cool kids"
>>
>>84776335
That's assuming they were listening after just catching Lars break into a house and get violent with a kid. Even then, without context they wouldn't understand what Steven meant.

Lars understood because he was looking for an explanation for waking up in Steven's house. The others think they've been talking to an uncharacteristically nice Lars all day.

Sure they probably all had it explained to them in time but in the heat of the moment, they're more worried about steven getting beaten in his bed.
>>
>>84776054
but Lars is the one getting bullied
>>
>>84776697
>they wouldn't understand what Steven meant.
I don't know, Steven seemed pretty clear to me. And with all the magic shit that goes on it's not hard to put two and two together.

>Lars isn't acting himself all day
>I spent the day with my mind in your body

And then the cool kids tell Lars to chill out after he just found out he had been violated on an immensely personal level. As if it was no big deal.
>>
>>84769519
If Steven were well-meaning, he would have tried to get out of Lars body immediately. It wasn't like he was heading straight to his house and happened to run to other people, Steven was seeking them out. I have no idea how that was supposed to help Lars. It was just Steven having a laugh by playing around in someone else's skin.
>>
File: 1446015131928.jpg (46KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1446015131928.jpg
46KB, 500x375px
Every episode with Lars is awkward and he ruins episodes
>Lars interacts with anyone other than Steven
>DON'T FOLD THE NAPKIN LIKE THAT! PEOPLE MIGHT THINK I'M WEIRD
>WHY ARE YOU SO AUTISTIC LARS?
>>
>>84773149
No, Lars is a shit, but Steven still did a shitty thing to him.
>>
>>84776942
>And then the cool kids tell Lars to chill out as if it was no big deal.
I don't get why everyone was ok with someone being mindfucked like that even if it was an asshole like Lars. Even Lars parents were ok with it.
>>
>>84777546
i kek'd hard at this
>>
>>84768242
Because nobody besides Sadie had any idea what the fuck was going on. To them Lars just looks liked a crazy guy who slapped Steven and then started freaking out. He never got to explain his case, but nobody wanted to hear it anyways.
>>
>>84778022
Steven told them all what happened and they act like its no big deal.
>>
>>84778637
Oh. Guess they just dont like Lars then
>>
>>84778767
Nobody really likes Lars.
>>
>>84768242
I felt bad for the kid when he realized that everyone in the goddamn world preferred Steven to him.
>>
>>84771088
I find it hilarious that the ep shows if Lars wasn't a total tryhard with the cool kids and just be nice, they'd hang out with him.
>>
>>84770462
>>84776356
The game was rigged
>>
>>84770462

I'm really surprised to see people calling this comment "edgy." It's really on point. Steven is showing really controlling behavior, and it's very sudden, and VERY consistent. I don't think steven would've done ANY of this in S1 (outside of dragging Pearl along on a vacation), so I absolutely think it could be building toward something.

I don't think Steven is being EVIL, but he could have a lesson to learn.
>>
>>84779076

see

>>84772718
>>
>>84779045
So? Then maybe they should have just bought an alien doll online
>>
>>84773537
You contain multitudes, my friend. My enemy.
>>
>>84770819
Sadie's fat and has low self esteem
she doesn't even seem to have any other friends except maybe Ronaldo who never interact beyond that 1 episode
Lars is the only guy who's around her, and he wouldn't even be with her if they didn't work together
>>
>>84779127
It's alright to cheat cheaters, anon

Not like Smiley's business is going to tank because of alien shenanigans
>>
>>84773149
Where did "Lars is trans" even come from
>>
>>84779233
angsty tumblr teenagers
>>
>>84770819
So he doesn't try to beat the high score in High School shootings.
>>
>>84779191
Steven's alien shenanigans got the teacup ride fucked up and threw passengers into the ocean
They destroyed the arcade games too

The gems keep wrecking Funland, no wonder Smiley can't afford to hire more staff
>>
>>84772367

>mary sue

Why do people think this means "character I don't like because life goes well for them" when that isn't even close to what Mary Sue is intended to refer to.
>>
It's weird because I sympathize with Lars but still hate him. He's the sole person caring about social status in a town populated almost universally by really nice people yet he keeps being stuck in the prison of his own perceptions, gets zero development and the show pretty much actively takes an angle that makes him seem less and less likable. I have no idea what they're trying to do with him
>>
>>84774371
>>>/s4s/
>>
>>84768242
He's a white male, nobody cares
>>
>>84779233
his ultra hyper self consciousness and over compensation is something trans dudes seem to do all the god damn time
>>
>>84779468
is it because of their ex-feminine sensibilities
>>
>>84779322
>alien shenanigans
the dumbass threw up, climbed out of his seat (where were the fucking restraints?) and fell on the control panel. That disaster was both his and Smiley's fault, really.
>>
>>84773888
Choro's trips of truth.
Steven Universe is a cancer and its fans are beyond the pale.
>>
>>84779449
>Lars
>White
>>
>>84768242
Does Steven have some sort of messiah savoir complex and he has to butt in and help everyone to make himself feel good?
>>
>>84779468
You don't need to have a vagina to be a spineless insecure wuss.
>>
Do you think this incident will stop Steven from being a nosy little cunt and butting into people's personal lives where he's not wanted?
>>
>>84779748
Just like Osomatsu-San
>>
>>84779282
I don't think you know how teenagers work.
>>
>>84771562
If the show was a little deeper I'd begin to question if Ronaldo is an indication of some sorta brainwashing tech.

Think about it, the guy jumps on any little thing as super natural, yet has to be lead by the nose to question gem stuff. Even the hand incident seems to be barely documented by him.

Although brainwashing wouldn't fit in considering the Gems would have only been fighting guys with sticks and rocks when they first showed up.
>>
>>84773240
If you're here, there's a good chance 2/3rds of the anons went through the same experience
I know I have a couple of times
>>
>>84770819
Sadie is desperate and will probably take anyone who shows the slightest bit of interest in her.
>>
>>84768242
Because nobody grasped what was going on and just saw Lars acting like a psychopath
>>
>>84779449
Lars isn't white
>>
>>84769758
>But hey, NOT taking over his brain and forcing him to play into your deluded fantasy where you ship him with the woman who kidnapped him would be a good start towards helping him develop into a happier, healthier individual.
I dont know how anybody can think there a good idea together sure they are both horrible people but in completly difrent ways

Also it really is amazing sadie does not get called out on that more.
>>
File: file.png (441KB, 800x643px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
441KB, 800x643px
I'M LARS??
>>
>>84770087
But in the episode right before that he showed a deep understanding of relasionships and there problems.
>>
>>84772367
>mary sue
no
>special snowflake
yes
>>
>>84776356
>>84770003
>>84769758
>>84782320
The thing is, the episode doesn't present Steven has being right for doing what he did.

He actually realize what he is doing is wrong and try to apologise to Lars.
>>
>>84772367
>Because the show is terribly written and Steve is a Mary Sue.

>episode where steven is clearly shown having fucked up
>mary Sue
you don't know the meaning of the word.
>>
>>84782255
It was hilarious and sad that in such a small town, the few people around her age only knew her as "doughnut girl".
>>
>>84770919
Yeah, how many times did Peridot try to outright murder Steven? I'm kind of disappointed they haven't made any kind of joke about this yet.
>>
>>84782322
I loved that episode
How was it called?
>>
>>84782461
That's what happens when you don't really have an attractive personality or startling presence.
>>
>>84768242
>Remember kids, consent is important. Except for Steven, if Steven did it, it's ok that everyone gets mad at the victim. :^)
>>
>>84782487
That was one of the movies from before Futurama moved to CC.
>>
File: 1469150784431.png (257KB, 428x614px) Image search: [Google]
1469150784431.png
257KB, 428x614px
>>84782322
>>
>>84782592
Oh shit I don't even remember about those any more
Thanks
>>
>>84768647
> Because actual Lars is a douchebag who deserves the living shit fucked out of him
Fixed.
>>
>>84782700
http://i.imgur.com/sZ3kTg3.png
>>
>>84772737
Big surprise in Lars mum being cute.
>>
>>84772718
>shit that never happens
Are you retarded or did you just not watch the episode?
>>
>>84776224
Why not pair Sadie with the older Fry brother?
>>
>>84773888
hi choro, nice trips
>>
>>84772718
>>nope, he FORCES Greg and Pearl to interact with each other
Wrong. He ask them to. he doesn't force them.
>>wow somebody stop this madman
>>cheat at a game and steal from an understaffed amusement park
Amethyst is the responsible adult, there.
>>Tries to make Peridot learn shapeshifting when it's physically not possible for her
Was he supposed to know?
>>Used fusion just to try to humiliate an arrogant guy who danced with them once.
And then learn that it was wrong and learn to let it go.
>>
How many more powers is Steven going to get? It's getting a bit ridiculous now.
>>
>>84782925
No really. All of his power have been since long been hinted.

I mean, even entering into the heads of people. He had done that several times before, with Malachite and watermellon Steven, so it's not even a new power.
>>
>>84782915
Love how people still defend Steven like he was a little kid instead of a emotionally stunted 14 year old who should know better.
>>
>>84782925
As many as the plot requires. In the show's finale, he will take away Yellow Diamond's ability to bend.
>>
>>84777965
Because Steven has that power over people.

That and everyone but Sadie and his parents hate Lars. And his parents are slowly running out of patience for him, so even their love is slowly evaporating.
>>
>>84783030
He's on the cusp of reaching Gary Stu status by Season 4, I'd imagine.
>>
>>84783016
Defend him from what? When he fuck up, he actually admit it and apologise and try to make amend for it.
>>
>>84768242
Because they didnt like him in the first place but they all liked Steven, so of course they were gonna take Steven's side
Being a known jerk works against you in all situations, even when youre a victim
>>
>>84782881
They seem to want to pair him with Kiki Pizza

Which is honestly even worse Sadie/Lars
>>
>>84776224
Sadie wants Lars because:

1 - He's the only guy she regularly interacts with, other than Steven, and
2 - She wants to be Lars. She WANTS to be a shit to her mom and to be able to act like she doesn't care about stuff.

So it's mostly hormones (the only guy around) and wanting to be able to at least pretend she doesn't give a shit and actually be mean to people.

It's a natural thing for her. If she wasn't trying to get him to put babies in her, it would be unnatural, considering she's practically a shut in as the other people her age don't even use her name (they have to KNOW it, because there's only 16 people in the whole town--- we get told this a lot. So even if that is wrong, it is certainly smaller than 100 regular citizens in what we've seen of Beach City.

She probably pines for the cool boys as well, but they won't even talk to her other than to order donuts.
>>
>>84774424
You are catching on.

Its OK for a SJW to drug you and rape you, cause you aren't one of the special elite enlighted members of the SJW class. Anything they do to you is, by their own rules, A-OK. But you aren't allowed to return to them their own behaviors, cause they are super special snowflakes that you must go 100 miles out of your way to be kind and treat special. Again, because you are not one of their super special elite members.
>>
>>84770919
>Sadie just has awful taste in men
She still refuses to date Ronaldo, though.
>>
>>84783312
she may have shit taste
but she still has standards
>>
File: Mother of God Super Troopers.jpg (45KB, 640x352px) Image search: [Google]
Mother of God Super Troopers.jpg
45KB, 640x352px
>yfw Lars/Diamond fusion is the final boss
>>
>>84768242
Think about this tho. Steven was in lars's body. But when he goes to see his own (Steven's) body nothing's there. Where was Lars? He obviously didn't see anything because he was so surprised at what Steven did while he possessed him. Where was he. Nowhere. Oblivion. What did he see? Nothing but black all around. Was he even alive? I'm surprised no one else is talking about this.
>>
>>84770777
Both of his new two best buddies.

But he is okay with this because:

* Peridot: She just didn't know any better, and through the magic of caring and sharing and friendship, now she does. She's thrown out her entire life, betrayed her own people, and gone full bore for the crystal gem beliefs.

* Lapis: She was forced to do it. All she wanted was to be free and go home. Now her only home is Steven, since home world has gotten colder and meaner and she failed in helping HW capture and defeat the only person that has cared about her in over 6000 years, at a minimum, and how defended her when everyone else wanted to stuff her back into a literal box again.
>>
>>84782437
You apologize when you run into someone accidentally. You apologize when you spill a drink on someone. You don't fucking apologize when you mind control someone and take over their body. I don't even know how you would apologize for that, but two words aren't going to cut it.
>>
>>84783736
>You don't fucking apologize when you mind control someone and take over their body. I don't even know how you would apologize for that, but two words aren't going to cut it.
So, what, you do nothing and pretend you never did anything? Apologising is the least you could do. it's at least a start.
>>
File: 1469340282175.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469340282175.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>84783736
>You don't fucking apologize when you mind control someone and take over their body.
You're only saying that because you can't do mind control.

I'm sure if you ever accidentally stumbled into someone else's consciousness your sense of etiquette would change in an instant.
>>
>>84783736
>>84783917
I'm pretty sure Steven expressed that he was sorry to Lars.
>>
>>84783876
I'm saying you don't simply apologize and shrug it off. No idea how you would make up for it, but just saying sorry and fucking off to your bungalow by the beach.
>>
>>84784490
Okay but nobody has done any shrugging off so I don't know why you insist on bringing it up.
>>
>>84771509

HE started off as edgy rebel teen and then turned in to human scumbag who needs to be put down.
>>
>>84778949
Same.
>>
>>84783240
She is also fat.
>>
>>84783584
I think he was just sleeping because he sleeps late.
>>
>>84784508
>kay but nobody has done any shrugging off
Literally everybody around Lars and Steven shrugged it off.
>>
>>84783584
Jeez Louise, Steven probably just jammed Lars so he didn't surface. You don't die when you sleep either, anon.
>>
>>84785526
>Steven probably just jammed Lars so he didn't surface
>me stealing someone's body is a-ok
>someone stealing my body in the meantime is a big no-no
>>
>>84785830
don't go round putting words in people's mouths, it's rude
>>
>>84770201
>Sometimes it takes another person dragging you out of your selfish little comfort zone to do that.
>kidnapping someone for weeks
Were there no gem monster Sadie would have just stayed on that little island without any regard to how either of their friends and family felt. Sadie would have just "found" the warp pad conveniently after breaking Lars' spirit completely. Sadie is a selfish fuck who's actual crimes are completely over looked. It's a wonder Lars didn't press charges.
>>
>>84770462
>Greg and Pearl had been arguing about Rose all that time, and this was the perfect opportunity to get them to admit their feelings
>The game was rigged so nobody would win, and even when you do, you only get a little finger puppet thing. Steven didn't know she LITERALLY can't shapeshift, as Steven thought it was just really hard for her and every gem he knows can shapeshift, and after he found out about it, he dropped it
>this is pretty bad, but it mostly comes out of Steven being naive to the ways of Lars, and he apologized to Laremy after that
>Steven (and Connie, too) were obsessed with showing up the guy because he creeped on them and made them feel insecure, plus the whole thing about him being an arrogant prick
>>
>>84785879
putting yourself in someone's body is even more rude then
>>
>>84782255
>>84779157
>>84771807
Honestly I feel like it's the opposite.
Lars has been shown again and again to be lonely and desperate for acceptance and attention. He and Sadie seem to go at least a bit back so she can probably see how sad he really is and he's probably opened up to her in some way so it may be that she's trying to "fix" him or at least be the one friend he actually has.

Lars is in some ways similar to Kevin.
While Kevin is a popular, attractive guy who has everything, no one likes him because he's a huge jerk.

Lars is pretty much the same except he sometimes is a cool guy and it's kind of plain to see that he's just desperate for attention and love.

And while Kevin is a jerk just because, Lars is a jerk because he's deeply insecure and afraid. Remember that he's like 16, so he's still trying to figure shit out.
>>
>>84785974
Unless they like it hoo hoo hoo :^)
>>
>>84786015
*unless they enthusiastically consent to it :^)
>>
>>84786129
Usually you leave a bit of yourself behind :^)
>>
>>84786015
>>84786129
>>84786173
get ya pointy noses out of 'ere ya wankers

fookin pearls, i swear
>>
>>84783917
If I could control someone else's body, then I would do fucked yo shit, sure. And I wouldn't apologize for it because I wouldn't want them to know it was me. However, I don't have the same values or personality as Steven, who definitely owes Lars more than a simple apology
>>
>>84768242

Because he is an ass to everybody. And everybody likes Steven. Everybody automatically and/or subconsciously assumed Lars was somehow at fault.
>>
>>84785488
We don't know what Steven was prepared to do, but Lars was too busy being depressed and probably being introspective about the whole "Somebody else took over your body and nobody noticed/nobody cared enough to notice because they liked the other guy more" to care about the actual act of taking him over
>>
>>84768242
Steven is the perfect weapon. almost no one can resist his mind control powers. those that can (through force of will or mental defect) are quickly ostracized by the general population.
>>
>>84773240
Had that experience for the longest. That's why I can't really hate Lars. He's basically me.
>>
>>84774590
He's not white.
>>
>>84781166
no, but thats what most people cite when justifying their "trans lars" headcanon
>>
File: 1466816004971.gif (2MB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466816004971.gif
2MB, 500x225px
>>84783030
>>
>>84772718
Are you retarded? This is why everyone hates us.
>>
>>84768242
Steven can't have Lars to himself so he wants to live vicariously through Sadie and that is why he wants them to get together so badly.
>>
>>84770462
>Steven actually getting called out on his shit.
Never gonna happen.
>>
>>84783584
>where was Lars
Suppressed. Like when you drink too much and black out.

What I would've liked to see is Lars fully conscious and aware of Steven fucking around in his body but completely unable to do anything about it, but the show doesn't support that theory.

>tfw no Yeerk Steven
>>
>>84793791
This
>>
>>84768242
>Why didn't anybody think he was justified for being angry at Steven for taking over his body?
That wasn't why they were mad, they were mad because just as they thought he had turned over a new leaf it wasn't really him and he really is as much of a dick as everyone had previously thought.
>>
>>84773326
Christ there is nothing compelling or endearing about their relationship, I get that they're Sugar's college babies but what is the point of shoving their awful relationship down our throats? Compared to them Jasper/Lapis are fucking Romeo and Juliet!
>>
File: 1469150145388.jpg (23KB, 444x322px) Image search: [Google]
1469150145388.jpg
23KB, 444x322px
>>84797826
>romeo and juliet

anon thats such a bad comparison and would be a better fit for lars and sadie in the end
>>
>>84773149
I really like how skinny he is, like a heroin addict
>>
>>84779468
I thought it was more a malignant narcissism

besides, no trans ftm woman could ever be that skinny
>>
Why? Well that's simple...

HE DINDU NUFFIN! HE A GOOD BOY!
>>
>>84798231
He makes a good twink.
>>
>>84772594
>He wants to hang with the Cool Kids because they are popular, but he fails to realise why they are popular in the first place
i like that about this show, but it's so unrealistic. The "cool" kids are almost always sociopaths in real life
>>
>>84768242
They just saw him slapping a sleeping child, and they are normalfags they wont ever believe that shit at all they will think Lars is just being a jackass again looking for a rationalization pulled from his ass to explain why he hit Steven.
>>
>>84772051
recently, recently!? literally every time he's worried connie won't stay with him he pulls some emotionally abusive magic shit until she relents
>trapped in a bubble under the ocean, can't get out till connie reacts the way steven wants
>steven's a baby, wont stop crying till connie promises to never leave

steven's a real little shit isn't he?
>>
File: image.png (216KB, 688x829px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
216KB, 688x829px
>>84783413
honestly, it would be really cool to have Lars be manipulated by homeworld and become a bad guy

like yellow diamond convinces him people will like him if he takes their side.
>>
File: laughing bill -1284831801239.jpg (18KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bill -1284831801239.jpg
18KB, 400x316px
>>84783016
>14 year old who should know better
>>
>>84798914
Why would Lars ever be considered a military asset? He's barely capable of working at a donut shop.
>>
>>84798914
That would be so retarded but I'd watch it.
>>
>>84782915

you completely missed the point, mang

i was agreeing with ya
>>
>>84792892

solid rebuttal
>>
>>84798914
I don't think Yellow Diamond's going to White Witch this shit.
>>
>>84798624
That's because sociopaths are good at being social.
>>
>>84782700
That too
>>
>>84798269
nah ive definitely met ftms that are lars-skinny
>>
>>84798624
>cool kids
They seem like regular teens to me not really cool kid material now Kevin hes cool kid material and there are apparently no other teenagers in Beach Shitty no wonder Lars hates the place so much.
>>
>>84799494
It's weird because there's actually a shit ton of people in Beach City. You see them sometimes, but most of the time it looks like the place is populated by ~20 people. It's some creepy Ed Edd n Eddy shit.
>>
>>84770301
every donut episode is awful, fact
>>
>>84782870

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE_EfhAdDXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSrTPUKg3IA

when does steven cheat on the game?, hell when does steven even play the game?

you could at least pretend to know what you're talking about before shitposting, faggot
>>
>>84798624
>implying IRL sociopaths are that bad.
Most conform to our societal standards and just exists as organisms, they're pretty good for furthering industry and national interests.
>>
>>84800027
Nice /pol/ memes, try having an original thought sometimes
>>
>>84798914
I'd rather it not be a manipulation.
>>
>>84800139
>this butt flustered
We have a system of law in place that makes self interest- the driving force of a sociopath- communal interest.
I'd much rather have to deal with a sociopath than a psychopath.
>>
>>84770201
This makes it even worse though because it undercuts the lesson Steven should've learned about abusing his powers to meddle in hu-I mean other people's affairs
>>
>>84768242
I dunno I've always seen the inhabitants of beach city as being pretty big idiots.

"Those magic women and that kid cause shit that almost destroys our town on a frequent basis. Hey let's be friends with that kid!"
>>
>>84802159
I think their best chance for survival is befriending the destructive boy and making sure he cares about it. If they're idiots for anything it's living there in the first place. The gems were actually there first, and I doubt any of this crazy magic bullshit is new.
>>
>>84768242
bbump
>>
>>84770462
>>84779076
I think it's really stretching to say it was a big theme in ALL the episodes this week but I definitely saw it too. Between Mr. Greg (where his meddling actually worked) and this (where it didn't) I think they're trying to show the potential for Steven to turn into a well-intentioned manipulator like his mother - I think the Steven/Rose parallel in Mr. Greg was supposed to work on a couple levels in that regard, I also think it probably goes hand in hand with the sudden growth in his Gem powers we've seen over the same few eps
>>
>The New Lars
>It's just Stephen

Still a cunt then.
>>
>>84807695
You could probably include him forcing Lapis and Peridot to live together

I wonder if you can pinpoint when Steven started manipulating people for their own good like this. He didn't do it when Garnet and Pearl had their falling out, he asked them to try talking to each other but he didn't force the issue
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.