[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does nobody in this show ever question the fact that there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 12

File: maxresdefault.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
Why does nobody in this show ever question the fact that there are aliens living among them?

And I don't mean the main human characters. Random people see the gems and think nothing of it.
>>
>>84630420
'no'
>>
They go over it 7000 years ago when rock aliens colonized the Earth and fought a genocidal civil war.
>>
by random you mean the townfolk? they already know.
>>
File: umm dude.jpg (50KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
umm dude.jpg
50KB, 320x240px
>>84630371
they've been in contact with earth for over 5000 years. I'm pretty sure thats long enough for humanity not to give a shit.
>>
Because the gems have been around since the dawn of human history. It's not "aliens living among us", it's "oh it's those wierd colored people who fight the wierd monsters. If I ignore them, they'll do the same". Ronaldo is the exception
>>
>>84630371
Wouldn't people want to touch them or lick them or anything, even if they're used to them being around?

Wouldn't you?
>>
File: feelsayy.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
feelsayy.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
For dealing with world-threatening themes, this show does have this really quaint wistfulness to it.
>>
>>84630461
I mean that when they went to a different state, the waitress had no reaction to a red alien flipping her shit.
>>
>>84630514
If you worked in a restaurant long enough, you get used to wierd shit. Probably justified it as a midget sports fan who got really passionatly angry
>>
>>84630371
I kinda wonder why humans seem to do literally nothing spaceships crashing into Earth, giant eyeballs floating in the sky, and random gem monsters everywhere.

Is there not any kind of military? Do humans have no role in protecting the planet?
>>
Humans are oblivious like in Invader Zim, but minus the retardation.
>>
>>84630484
Greg, get off 4chan and go to bed. Early day at the carwash tomorrow!
>>
>>84630772
Do people really want these complications? The simple answer is because it's not necessary. They can barely juggle the storylines they already have. There's no reason to have a generic government agency doing generic government stuff in a world of alien rocks, corrupted monsters, and lesbian feelings. It's just not what the show is about. 11 minute episodes hinder the plot as it is.
>>
>>84630831
The guy gots millions. He's good
>>
>>84630886
Not especially, but you'd think with all of the gem monsters that wreak havoc across the town that they'd at least have a police officer or something.
>>
>>84631096
After that episode where amethyst cracked herself I think all gem related problems can be solved rather swiftly.
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 827x956px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 827x956px
>>84630371
Why do i want to fuck them so much?
>>
>>84630371

They're humanoid enough that people will just assume it's a person dressed up for a parade or something.

It's also about behavior. If you met Darth Vader in the supermarket getting beer, you would default to assuming it's just a guy, dressed as him.
>>
>>84631237

Because you're that guy from 'Our love is real'.
>>
>>84631259
What?
>>
File: Real.jpg (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Real.jpg
121KB, 600x600px
>>84631285
>>
>It's a cartoon
>>
>>84630441
>>84630468
>>84630476
There was only a handful of gems that survived the war and they've been hiding in a temple ever since. If there's even any record of the event, it's probably regarded as a myth today.
>>
>>84631610
Well seeing as that is conveniently the exact timeframe humans began recording history (as far as we know), I don't see why not.
>>
>>84631707

Well, how many people even know history from a few hundred years ago? Let alone let it concern them directly.
>>
Because it's poorly written schlock.
>>
File: image.png (154KB, 1361x1050px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
154KB, 1361x1050px
>>84631735
>implying its bad
>>
>>84630371
I am more surprised they didn't learn about them in school
>>
>>84631237
Because their emotional problems make them look vulnerable.
>>
>>84631747
I mean, they're kinda turning Peridot into unapologetic meme bait and there are some plot points that kinda have a disappointing resolution but yeah the show ain't bad.
>>
>>84631724
They don't have to actively care at all cause they literally have temples and monsters and war torn ruins full of gem shit all over earth. Including two gigantic wastelands full of hundreds of god damn war machines
>>
>>84630772
>I kinda wonder why humans seem to do literally nothing spaceships crashing into Earth
so you want macross?
>>
>>84630371
because this has been going on for over 5000 years?
>>
>>84631610
>been hiding in a temple ever since.
not true, for one: they assisted in the founding of beach city.
>>
>>84631815
You'd think the human race would be way more militarized due to the fact that Gem monsters can just randomly appear and kill your population.

I mean I realize they're attracted to Beach City due to the Crystal Gems, but surely these things occasionally pop up on the other side of the world where the CG can't fight them.

Plus isn't there a giant military facility in that massive hole in Siberia? Wouldn't the Soviet Union and later Russia have confiscated some Gem tech by now?
>>
>>84631815

...Point. Then this should definitely be looked into.

It's not our world, and yet there is much that is like ours, down to smaller details. Steven mentioned 'Amadeus' for pete's sakes.

>>84631845

I think we all want that, anon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COI3bDu7R_I

>>84631888

They saved a few people from a gem monster. How long did that even take?
>>
>>84631925

Is there a Soviet Union? Is there even life in Russia at all?
>>
Weren't you in that thread yesterday complaining about this and got plenty of good answers you completely ignored?

Gems were there as long as people were. They know about them. The mess they left behind with all the gem monsters are probably a problem to this day. People got used to the idea that they exist. They probably don't know everything about them, but no one questions the existence of gem creatures.
>>
>>84631925
They have the warps. It HAS been awhile, but they can travel all around earth instantly.
>>
>>84631931
deculture
>>
According the devs World War 2 never happend. This means there wasnt an ethnical cleansing causing an increased population of jews. Due to their numbers the jews started to slaughter each other in a battle of the fittest war. Those remaining uberjews altered the minds of every citizen of earth so that those people wont notice that the jews steal all their money. Left with a heavy mental handicap the people arent able to question the existence of gems.
>>
At the end of the day the rift between humanity and the gems is a really sore point in the series.

The whole point of the CGs is they abandoned HW to fight for earth and humanity's defense. But humanity besides Greg and Connie has been completely and utterly irrelevant.
>>
>>84631975

>All this singing

Suddenly, it makes sense.

>>84631986

So there is also an überjew authority or something?
>>
>>84632017
As if Pearls nose isnt a hint.
>>
>>84631986

>No World War 2
>No nuclear weapons
>No USA worldwide hegemony
>Earlier Soviet détente (if the Soviet Union even exists)
>No cold war
>No Mao Zedong
>China still partly Japanese, maybe completely
>No Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan (probably)

Holy shit, there may not have been an Atlantic slave trade. That entire part of Africa is missing!

Either that or they said "Fuck boats" and dragged part of Africa to South-America directly instead.
>>
>>84632042

...A hint of what? Are Gems = Jews or what?
>>
>>84631987
Helping humanity is kinda a big task. They did that in the form of containing all those gem monsters and more recently saved the world. I don't expect them to play politics though. They're out to protect life in general, not solve human conflict like super heroes.
>>
>>84631987
This, they fight their own kind for the sake of life on Earth and yet the only sentient life on the planet literally every single Gem including Rose looks down upon as objectively inferior to them.

You never hear Superman autistically pointing out that he's superior to every human on Earth, because then no matter how many times he saved us we wouldn't support him because he embraces being a superior alien.
>>
>>84632062
Humans don't even seem interested in gem stuff.

When a human episode comes out lots of people groan because they know almost nothing of real importance is likely to happen. This is a serious problem given the notion of 'humans are special' the series is pushing. The show feels like two completely different series: Beach City Steven and Gem Steven with occasional points where they kinda sorta meet in the middle.
>>
>>84632082
Do cats hate us for being superior?
>>
>>84632102
Cats are just biding their time until they can operate can openers and doorknobs alone.
>>
I thought it was weird at first but I got used to it.

I don't think the writers want to turn this into E.T. or anything. That would just be a hassle
>>
>>84632061
Gems killed any aryan resistance. Making easy game for the jews to thrive.
>>
>>84631931
>It's not our world, and yet there is much that is like ours, down to smaller details. Steven mentioned 'Amadeus' for pete's sakes.
It's an alternate Earth, essentially. Nothing that strange about that. Some things are the same and some are altered. Ever read the Bartimaeus series? It takes place in an alternate version of Britain with magicians who summon spirits from another realm, and has Gladstone and Disraeli as legendary dueling Magicians, and America is still a colony of Britain.
>>
>>84632094
They did a better job of mixing it in season 1. Annoyingly though they stopped adding a touch of magic to all the beach city episodes.
>>
>>84632102

I don't think cats think in those terms.

They even treat their own kind as little more than ships in the night.

>>84632146
>Nothing that strange about that

Yes, it kind of is. History has been significantly altered over at least 6000 years. The world is geographically different and yet we end up with similarities as specific as the movie (or the play) 'Amadeus'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIzhAKtEzY0
>>
>>84630371
Partly because they were always there and partly because having to factor in a subplot of aliens needing to be hidden would either force CN to allot them a 24m timeslot or force the crew to slow the plot to maintain suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>84632195
>Yes, it kind of is. History has been significantly altered over at least 6000 years. The world is geographically different and yet we end up with similarities as specific as the movie (or the play) 'Amadeus'?
What do you want? We've got New York City Replaced with "Empire City", which apparently has the Eiffel tower in it. Do you want NOTHNG to be identifiable to a real audience? Little touches like that show that it's still out world, just a different version of it.
>>
>>84632298
At least Jersey will always be Jersey.
>>
File: tumblr_o7ggl9ZVHx1tp9pieo1_250.jpg (28KB, 225x400px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7ggl9ZVHx1tp9pieo1_250.jpg
28KB, 225x400px
>>84632346
>>
>>84632400
then what the fuck is actual jersey, as in the island?
>>
File: Map of the world.png (1MB, 1280x803px) Image search: [Google]
Map of the world.png
1MB, 1280x803px
>>84632431

I dunno, Old Jersey?
>>
>>84632053
there are african-americans, though it's possible they're all descended from immigrants.

were there native americans?
>>
>>84632476

Must have been. People moved across the Bering Bridge during the last Ice Age. Or across the ocean, if Heyerdahl was right.
>>
This is going to end up like Adventure Time, where the similarities are eventually treated as coincidence and it was never really intended to be "our" Earth.
>>
>>84632431
It's called Hoodie.
>>
>>84632431
Maybe it doesn't exist.
>>
>>84632512
AT was still pretty clearly our earth though, unless something changed?
>>
>>84630371

Because it's not news to them.

Supernatural forces are a common occourance in their world.

When anything particularly weird happens, like the ocean disappearing, or the power to the entire city getting knocked out. The gems find themselves questioned in a very short time frame.
>>
>>84632476
>were there native americans?
Presumably. However, biogeographical effects would have been largely the same as real life, so the first European explorers would have still brought plagues that would have killed just about all of them shortly after first contact. IIRC, smallpox was 90-95% fatal over the Americas in the initial spread.
>>
>>84632400
>It's not New Jersey, it's Jersey
>It's New York City, It's Empire City
>it's not female, it's a rock
>>
File: It's a rock.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
It's a rock.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>84632632
>it's not female, it's a rock
It's a rock! A big beautiful old rock.
>>
>>84632520
kek. Good one. 8/10
>>
I wonder why the movie industry ended up in Kansas rather than California though.

Unless that was a joke about 'making it halfway'.
>>
>>84632722
The old-timey people who wanted to get away from the east coast movie scene (Edison was an asshole) had to move somewhere decently far enough away. The decision of Los Angeles was somewhat arbitrary.
>>
>>84632777
La was also a good location, close to forest, desert, and mountains
>>
>>84631237
l-l-lewd
>>
>>84630514
You can't just ask someone why they're red or blue!
>>
>>84630476
Even Ronaldo ignored them in the first season.
>>
The creator was a big fan of Invader Zim, where one of the most recurring jokes was that people were always more concerned with whatever they were doing than the weird shit going on in front of their faces. I've always figured it was influenced by that, but without the cynicism that made it funny.
>>
>>84632619
Unless, of course, the Gems spread that shit around, due to being able to go anywhere on Earth, so there wasn't such a huge impact when the Europeans came over.
What if the natives and the immigrants are still fighting each other over the land to this very day?
>>
>>84632722
It's possible that they were implying that the United States never reached the west coast, perhaps stopping at the Louisiana Purchase.
>>
File: Money SU.png (359KB, 833x281px) Image search: [Google]
Money SU.png
359KB, 833x281px
>>84630371

No they know there's Aliens living among's them the government just doesn't interfere for some reason They are the Snake society that worships The Diamonds, have you not see the small hints OP?
>>
>>84630371
Depends. Is SU set in Florida?
>>
>>84637567
Delmarva
>>
>>84637550
>Don't tread on Rose
>>
>>84636206
Part of the humor in IZ was that people were very clearly lobotomized too. You could see scars.

SU is more of a worldbuilding what if, which would be neat, but they're not touching on it enough. Gem monsters have been present since the beginning of human history, so where are they in mythology? Where's the government, even. Shouldn't they be monitoring gem activity? Have they not attempted to utilize gem tech; there are crashed spaceships!
>>
File: national joke state.png (137KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
national joke state.png
137KB, 500x281px
>>84632400
It's always my god damn state people make fun of.
God damn it.
>>
Humans in the SUverse are generally aware that magic and gemshit exist, but avoid learning about the specifics on account of gem sites being infested with death traps and monsters.

Basically don't poke the bear, or in this case magical killing machine. This goes double if it's a paying customer.

Only reason people don't freak out and run immediately is because they just look like people with skin conditions/weird makeup/tattoos.
>>
>>84636128
The whole joke with Ronaldo is that he's so focused on his madeup conspiracies rather than the actual, weird aliens he lives right next to. He wants things to be weird, but since the gems are mundane in this setting, they don't count.

Something I wonder about though; in Full Disclosure we see him dragging off a bit of Peridot's ship. Where'd that lead to?
>>
>>84637686
>>84637550

This Right here Rose Probably made human friends and they stayed loyal over the centuries one generation after the other, some of these humans most likely branched out and created the Snake Society

>yfw the Home World invasion start and the are horribly out numbered, the out of hyper Space a fleet of earth ships shows up, with Rose insignia on their halls. They've been preparing for thousands of years for this on Rose Quartz orders combining human and Gem Technology.
>>
>>84632400
!= isn't the same as =/=
>>
>>84631785
They probably did, most just didn't pay a lot of attention to it like most things in school.
>>
>>84630484

I'd lick Pearl's feet for sure, they have to be incredibly soft and clean.
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.