[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people praising SU for having a character get rich and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

Why are people praising SU for having a character get rich and not lose all of it by the end of the episode when a show did that earlier this yer and had an entire season based around the concept?
>>
>>84605505
Because Venture Bros wasn't "progressive enough".
>>
File: bluemorpho.png (234KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
bluemorpho.png
234KB, 630x354px
Watching The Monarch lose it all and gain it back through illegitimate means was way more entertaining.
>>
>>84605505
Roseanne did it first
>>
>>84605551
It was also fun to see him begin to love being the Blue Morpho more than being the Monarch.
>>
>>84605505
>how come a currently airing show is getting more attention than a show that is not currently airing
>how come a populist show is getting more attention than a show that doesnt care how many people watch it
>why are people praising a show for doing a story when anyone ever has done a similar story before
>>
>>84605505
Why are you comparing a children's cartoon with an adult one? Why do you have to compare cartoons at all in order to make people talk about venture bros? Its a good show but the fans of it get so pissed whenever ANY show gets praised for anything Venture Bros has done before
Grow up tbqh
>>
>>84605551
I would watch a spinoff series of literally The Monarch and co. just being evil dicks.
>>
>>84605614
It was bad in Roseanne's case because literally the premise was a poor white trash family. Making them rich didn't introduce new interesting problems to them, it just eliminated the majority of the conflict, which is why they had to make the "Dan cheats on Roseanne" arc to create some.

But then they pulled the rug out from under us and told us that was just a chapter of Roseanne's story and gave us literally the most heart breaking revelation of Dan having died. Still, they could have had that gut punch with the family being poor.
>>
>>84605674
find me one fucking thread in the archive that has someone comparing VB to something else because you sound like you're talking out of your ass because someone insulted your favorite lesbian rock space shit show.
>>
>>84605651
>how come a currently airing show is getting more attention than a show that is not currently airing
What does that have to do with anything? VB only ended a bit ago. Steven goes on hiatus all the time for months at a time and we still get like five threads a day talking about it.
>>
>>84605505
I mean everyone praises Venture Bros but having only 10 episodes every year if we are lucky isn't much in terms of total content to discuss
>>
>>84605505
>why are people talking about something that just happened?
>why isn't everyone still talking about something that stopped happening 4 months ago?
Why did you feel the need to ask?
>>
>>84605771
>having only 10 episodes every year
I wish we got, we'll be lucky if it comes out in 2021.
>>
>>84605876
>implying people don't discuss steven even during its year-long hiatus.
>>
>>84605505
There's no reason why I can't praise it for both shows.
>>
File: AC8zalH.png (284KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
AC8zalH.png
284KB, 720x404px
>>84605545
More people of color!
>>
>>84605987
>wh-why are people talking about things I don't like?
Enjoy the (you).
>>
>>84605505
Did you... Did you actually watch the half season we managed to get?

Rusty is LITERALLY pissing all that money down the drain every single second.

He doesn't have any ideas to salvage the Venture name, and fired all the people skilled in maintaining the actual business sections of the company.

It's a slow, inexorable burn toward having to go back home to the old grounds, worse off than they've ever been.
>>
>>84605710
Hell I remember several threads back when the new season started complaining about no one talking about venture bros and blaming everything from gravity falls to SU. And thats on top of the autists who made a bunch of threads a few months ago about how venture bros is LITERALLY the greatest animeted cartoon to ever exist.
>>
I'm still entirely convinced that sooner or later Dr. Venture will be broke and have to move back to the venture compound. And wouldn't you know it, I'm entirely convinced that this 10 million windfall of greg's will be gone somehow by the end of the season too.
>>
Because it's actually going to pay off down the line instead of being forgotten in five years when Doc and Jackson decide to shit out eight more episodes.
>>
>>84605505
Venture Bros is a far better show than Steven Universe. It's held to different standards.
>>
>>84605505
Alright jeez man I'll stop praising it.
>>
>>84606925
>move back to venture compound
It's gone, man. It's all gone.
>>
>>84606557
Once you get as filthy rich as Rusty it's completely impossible to become broke. Donald Trump has been through multiple bankruptcies and is still worth 3 billion.

Billionaires are too big to fail.
>>
What's the turnaround for Venture Bros seasons coming to DVD? I thought it'd be out by now because I can't imagine them waiting until like the week before the next season like other shows.
>>
>>84607430
No other billionaire is Rusty Venture.
>>
>>84606557
An arc about someone blowing their money through negligence is still a twist on the cartoon trope "Character becomes rich and loses it all in 11 minutes! Bonus points if they become an asshole to all their friends in the process!".
>>
>>84606948
>We see in a preview Greg still works at the Car Wash.

I can feel the status quo dripping onto my face already.
>>
>>84607430
Companies declare bankruptcy if it's a smart decision. The company I worked for during my internships declared bankruptcy like 4 years before I started working there and they were doing pretty well.
>>
>>84606886

>/co/ is full of autists who dont want people liking other stuff they don't aprove of

color me surprised
>>
File: timmys dad.png (2MB, 2208x1242px) Image search: [Google]
timmys dad.png
2MB, 2208x1242px
>>84605505
Hell, even FOP did it.
>>
>>84605718
well, we do now...

BECAUSE IT'S BACK MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>84606886
Thanks for sourcing your memory. Now could you screencap it so I can see the proof too?
>>
Doug did it before both VB and SU.
>>
>>84605505

SU fans are filled with people who don't realize nearly every aspect is stolen and copied from better shows.
>>
So Rusty and the Monarch are totally brothers right?
>>
It's not saccharine and autistic enough for the type of people who watch Su
>>
>>84608293
It's implied he still has a lot of money, but doesn't want to waste it on extravagant things. I'm pretty sure Mr. Greg is about him cheering up Pearl though.
>>84607430
Billionaires usually have a way to sustain their wealth, Rusty does not since he fired everyone that was keeping the company running smoothly. Even the first or second episode has a newspaper pointing out that Rusty is going to eventually go broke.
>>
>>84605505
Because it happened more recently, I suppose. People tend to talk about new stuff more.
>>
File: 1304221479627.jpg (23KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1304221479627.jpg
23KB, 288x499px
>>84605505
Why do people keep trying to start fights between various fandoms?

Is nobody just allowed to like what they like anymore? Why is it always some kind of bullshit contest?
>>
>>84605909
And that's if we get another special, otherwise it's eight episodes.
>>
>>84609232
It's hinted at, but at best they're half brothers.
>>
>>84613130
Some people don't have shit going on in their lives and spend half or more of their day here. They try to start shit because it's the easiest way to interact with other people.
>>
>>84607430
No, he's filed Chapter 11's for a minuscule amount of his businesses. Trump himself has never been bankrupt.
>>
>>84605545
I actually have seen Venture Bros praised on tumblr for the way it portrays its gay characters
>>
>>84613520
You mean how being gay isn't a huge part of their characters?
>>
>>84613371
>Trying to insult people who browse 4chan while simultaneously browsing 4chan.

Aren't you essentially starting shit yourself by insulting __group__?
>>
I really can't wrap my heads around this idiocy. It was neat when Venture Bros did it. It's neat that SU is doing it. I'm sure nobody was fucking praising one show more than another , and if they were it's only VB's entire advertising campaign was IMMA 'BOUT TO TRY MY HAND AT THIS SUCCESS THANG, so we all knew to expect it. Every single shot in those trailers was from New York, because every single episode took place there. We only knew about Greg becoming rich from a single out-of-context clip initially, so we had no reason to think it would last any longer than 1 episode.
>>
>>84605505
But people have been praising Venture Bros for shit like that since it first aired.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.