[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU prediction thread. What do you guys think will happen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 24

DCEU prediction thread. What do you guys think will happen in the coming years?
>>
>>84594424
>SS will be okay
>WW will be awful, worse than BvS but people will say it is better for some reason
>Justice League will range from okay to bad, maybe even Batman & Robin-level shit

Too early to speak on Green Lantern Corps, and I don't think they're actively working on anything else right now. Bear in mind, I'm a DCfriend to the core and want nothing more than for the DCEU to be good, but I'm really not okay with all the superheroic murder thus far. I think it's irreparably damaged the integrity of both Bats and Supes, but it doesn't matter. We have what we have and there's only going forward.

I hope it's all good. We deserve these films to be good. We've waited long enough.
>>
>>84594424
I think we'll see a bunch of /tv/ memes that stifle any quality and retroactively make the movies obnoxious as fuck.
>>
File: Batman - Burn Mother Fucker Burn.png (968KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Batman - Burn Mother Fucker Burn.png
968KB, 1366x768px
>>84594424
>I think it's irreparably damaged the integrity of both Bats and Supes

Cause Batman never killed in the Burton or Nolan films...

Oh wait...

I don't have any predictions really, but I will say that I'm very interested in seeing the non-Snyder DCEU films as to whether or not they fit into the saga which Snyder is currently doing.

Personally, I really enjoy both Man of Steel and Batman v Superman and am looking forward to Justice League.

I'm also really excited about The Flash too.
>>
>>84594880
>but people will say it is better for some reason
>for some reason
It's alright to call pandering/political correctness/Muh Diversity out for what it is, anon. People will pretend it's not nearly as bad as it is for exactly the same reason they're currently pretended the new Ghostbusters isn't nearly as bad as it is (and I actually *liked* the idea when they tried it in the new comics this was just not a very good movie).
>>
>>84594424
Hopefully WB and Snyder redeem themselves by not releasing an incomplete movie again.
WW introduces the Olympian Gods and New Gods concept.
Flash introduces the multiverse concept, maybe a Flash of Two Worlds adaptation?
Superman returns and gets a solo movie, have him fight Metallo or Brainiac and stop with the Jesus allegory already, he's the savior we get it.
Tbh i dont care about BatFleck getting a movie that much, he's awesome and the movie will do tons of money anyways.
>>
A good movie is made
>>
File: Wonder Woman - Badass.png (844KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman - Badass.png
844KB, 1366x768px
>>84595477

That's the thing though. If the movie is good a bunch of crybaby MRA douchebags are going to say people are only saying it's good because they're trying not to piss off feminists. Also, crybaby MRA types are really fucking loud on the internet.

Which is even more retarded when you take into account that Wonder Woman is a member of the fucking DC Trinity, and is a Golden Age fucking character. The fact that there hasn't been a Wonder Woman film yet is more surprising than the fact that one is coming out in less than a year.
>>
File: The Question - Wildcat.png (2MB, 1360x950px) Image search: [Google]
The Question - Wildcat.png
2MB, 1360x950px
>>84594424
I just want to see more street level heroes on the big screen.
>>
>>84594880
>>Justice League will range from okay to bad, maybe even Batman & Robin-level shit
Not humanly possible.
B&R is among the worst movies ever made.
Ben Affleck's presence alone will elevate it FAR above B&R no matter how crap the rest of it is.
>>
>>84594880
>but I'm really not okay with all the superheroic murder thus far.
Self defense & defense of others isn't murder retard.
>>
>>84595654
Hey now, let's set some realistic expectations here.
>>
File: images.jpg (4KB, 172x163px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 172x163px
>>84595698
>Wonder Woman - Badass.png
>MuhRA crybabies
>"It's unnaceptable that Wonder Woman doesn't have a movie, even though from the JL only Batman, Superman and Green Lantern have solo movies"
>>
>>84596136
Many anonymous friends here have UNIRONICALLY called BvS worse than B&R.

This board is dogshit.
>>
>>84594424
>SS does ok both critically and commercially
>WW bombs
>JL bombs
>most of the planned movies are scrapped
>all we get after that is Suicide Squad 2 and Batfleck
>the CW shows become known as the best portrayal of the DC universe in this decade
>>
>>84596376
Affleck's Batman movie is going to be amazing.
>has made three good-to great movies
>has worked with the two best directors in the biz (Fincher and Malick)
>>
>>84596359
But that's because it is. At least Batman & Robin had fun.
>>
>>84596587
kill yourself

please

i'll talk you through it on skype
>>
>>84594880
>Bear in mind, I'm a DCfriend to the core

How to spot a marveldrone 101.
>>
>>84594424

People are going to both needlessly nitpick the fuck out of and over praise WB and MCU films in the next twenty years while normies moderately enjoy them
>>
Comic movies are dead to me.
>>
>>84596635
What are you arguing? That B&R was less fun than BvS? Or that BvS isn't the worst entry into the Batman movie line up?
>>
Regardless of the DCEU's future quality, it will never reach Marvel's level. The amount of cinematic universes the average moviegoer can tolerate is usually very small.

I hope that DC realizes that massive superhero movies are just a bubble, and get onto the next big craze - Hanna Barbera adaptations.

>Space Ghost
>Johnny Quest
>Herculoids
>Maybe The Impossibles, if they can do them well
>Flintstones vs. Jetsons: Dawn of Grand Dad
>Scooby Doo, with cameos from other crime-solving groups

Let DC reign with CW's shows and animated series.
>>
>>84596730
That
1. NOTHING is worse than B&R.
2. BvS is a good film.
3. There is something wrong with your brain and it would behoove you to remove it from the jean pool.
>>
>>84596730
Batman & Robin wasn't fun. It's fun to make fun of it, not fun to watch.
>>
I'm pissed that WB is so scared of Green Lantern after one failed attempt
>>
>>84596730
If B&R were to have been released in 2016 it would have a certified fresh 110% RT score.
>>
>>84596587
>At least Batman & Robin had fun.
Violent cringe inducing camp isn't fun.
>>
>>84596863
GL wasn't even that bad. It's a fine way to kill time. I'd rather watch it than shit like Thor.
>>
File: E0oP2Ih.jpg (160KB, 620x928px) Image search: [Google]
E0oP2Ih.jpg
160KB, 620x928px
>>84596730
>>Space Ghost
I so strongly want this.
>>
>>84596911
Same.
Parallax cloud was lame, but sinestro was on point.
>>
>>84596911
I agree it wasn't that bad however...
Hemsworth > Reynolds
Loki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Big headed faggot & floating turd Paralax.
Portman < Lively
Hopkins <<< Strong
>>
>>84596863
And yet they aren't scared of Snyder after so many failures
>>
>>84597014
>failures
loving this meme
>>
>>84597014
He's objectively a successful director. All of his movies make a profit, maybe not a huge profit, but a profit nonetheless.
>>
>>84597014
Because no one loves Green Lantern, a few like it, most tolerate it.
But Mos/Bvs its truly love it or hate it.
They have seen that even if a large part of the audience or even the majority hate the films, the people that like them will love and cherish them as I do.
>>
File: the rock.jpg (246KB, 1536x1381px) Image search: [Google]
the rock.jpg
246KB, 1536x1381px
>>84594424
A good movie, the only thing I have faith in is the Shazam movie, and that's simply because of The Rock.

I'm also looking forward to Doc Savage, but that isn't DC.
>>
File: chris-pratt.jpg (116KB, 640x964px) Image search: [Google]
chris-pratt.jpg
116KB, 640x964px
>>84596863
It's a shame that Chris Pratt is already Star-Lord.
He could be amazing as Guy Gardner.
>>
File: Deconstruction.jpg (119KB, 780x523px) Image search: [Google]
Deconstruction.jpg
119KB, 780x523px
>>84597041
>Watchmen: flop, lukewarm reception
>Sucker Punch: flop, critical failure
>Man of Steel: underperformed, mixed reactions, making WB force BvS instead of MoS 2
>BvS: underperformed, critical catastrophe, big changes of executives, Snyder is not even going to direct JL 2 anymore

>I-IT DID WELL
>>
File: Wonder Woman - Really Batman.png (933KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman - Really Batman.png
933KB, 1366x768px
>>84596263

Thank you for proving my point. Especially as other members of the Justice League are golden age characters and DC Trinity characters...

Oh wait...
>>
You guys think Superman will be fixed?
>>
>>84597126

I didn't realise how much I wanted to watch him get punched in the face by Ben Affleck until now.
>>
>>84594424
I want a JSA movie, in the same vein as Johns' run. But I don't think it'll ever happen.
>>
>>84597222
Green Lantern and Flash consistently sell more than Wonder Woman

The "trinity" is a meme, anon
>>
>>84597222
>Wonder Woman - Really Batman.png
>>
Wouldn't be surprised if another attempt at a Lobo movie is made because of the success of the Deadpool movie showing that an R rating doesn't automatically mean it'll be a money black hole.
>>
It's going to literally be the Detective Comics Cinematic Universe with more movies with Batman, more movies with Joker, and more movies with Harley Quinn
>>
File: 1MaguireBatsvsGuy.jpg (351KB, 851x647px) Image search: [Google]
1MaguireBatsvsGuy.jpg
351KB, 851x647px
>>84597290
That would be awesome too.
>>
>>84596783
BvS was worse than B&R
BvS is a bad film.
JEEAAANNNNN

>>84596791
Arnold Swartz&nigger was funny! Hilarious watching him do those ice puns. SOMEONE PAID AMERICAN MONEY for him to be in this film. Plus George "Bat-Nipples" Clooney. And Uma Thurman as Poison Ivey. WHAT?! Not only that, this movie was SOO BAD it made a man die. The actor who played Bane died that same year. Additionally, Alicia Silverstone is a fox. Any year.

>>84596869
Come on now. Let's not get carried away.
>>
>>84597007
>Hemsworth > Reynolds

In every possible way that isn't superficial nonsense about looks you're wrong. Chris Hemsworth is a shit actor with no charisma. The Deadpool movie is better than anything Hemsworth will ever do where he isn't being carried by far superior actors
>>
>>84597287
>You guys think Superman will be fixed?
Nothing to fix.
He inherently wants to save people, he looks for the good in people (hence not looking for anything amiss at the senate), he doesn't look down or see himself as above normal people.
Every core aspect of the character is perfectly intact, he just isn't campy or silly anymore and he doesn't pussyfoot around in desperate situations.
>>
File: in the trash.png (510KB, 770x789px) Image search: [Google]
in the trash.png
510KB, 770x789px
>>84597530
>this post
>>
>>84597444
And that's exactly why DC fails.
>>
Y'know, they could adapt Geoff Johns Green Lantern run, albeit changing details to fit this universe and for newcomers. I'd really love to see that.
Secret Origin-Sinestro Corps War-Rage of the Red Lanterns-Agent Orange-Blackest Night-Brightest Day-War of the Green Lanterns
Though with the GL movie being Corps, and it seeming that the DCEU is already alive they could skip Secret Origin and go to Sinestro Corps War.
Imagine a Sinestro Corps War where they use the opening to show Hal Jordan's origin in a brief montage, Sinestro turning evil, etc. instead of retreading the origin.
>>
>>84597589
How about making him talk more? How about not making him angsty and brooding. I'm ok with Superman having internal comflict, but the movies so far have been bad. Looks at Cap, he is literally what Superman should be right now.
>>
>>84597580
>Chris Hemsworth is a shit actor with no charisma
Rush proves otherwise.
>>
>>84597607

Even though the last Batman movies made over a billion each? DC isn't the top dog but I don't see that as failure, especially when all the other publishers are irrelevant
>>
>>84597634
>How about making him talk more?
Talked plenty, the point of him not talking to the public in BVS was intentional that he was making a mistake by not doing so, its called character development.
>How about not making him angsty and brooding.
I want him to be such part of the time, childish smiling idiot Superman wouldn't fit this universe, at least not yet.
>but the movies so far have been bad
Mos was fucking incredible.
>>
>>84597636
It proves how much better an actor Daniel Bruhl is than him. Hemsworth is mediocre at best.
>>
>>84597695
...you don't know that much about Superman right? I don't need Chris Reeves 2.0 I need Superman. And we have t gotten him yet. 2 movies in and he is the weakest link in the franchise. They should take their time to develop him further.
>>
>>84597800
>I need Superman. And we have t gotten him yet
Yes we fucking have. Like I said here every core elements is intact. >>84597589
He is vastly more developed, sympathetic and relatable in MOS/BVS then he has ever been in any film before.
>>
File: 1468801949364.png (460KB, 416x750px) Image search: [Google]
1468801949364.png
460KB, 416x750px
>Suicide Squad will be good. Not amazing but a good foundation to build off of. SS2 will be legitimately great.
>WW will be 'okay'.
>James Wan's Aquaman won't exactly be what hardcore Aquaman fans will want out of an Aquaman movie, having more of a horror-influence, but it will still be good. Not great but good. It will also help to tear down the "Aquaman is ridiculous!" notion that casuals still have.
>Justice League will probably be bad and will damage the image of the DCEU as a whole. However the good news is that Snyder will be out afterwards.
>The DCEU as a whole will improve once Snyder's gone. It will still have a bit of a grounded, more "realistic" feel compared to the MCU but it will also be brighter and more fun, with some exceptions, like the Batman movies, mostly anything connected to Gotham, Justice League Dark, etc.
>George Miller will be brought into the DCEU and will be given one of the following movies to direct (or even multiple of these): MoS2, future JL sequel, or New Gods.
>JLD won't be until their own 'Phase 2 or 3' and may or may not have del Toro involved.
>After Snyder's gone, WB will continue their, "Each movie is the director's vision," strategy they've had so far, being less centralized in tone than the MCU, for better or worse.
>>
>>84594424
Rucka's outrage against the Wonder Woman movie and Gadot's portrayal of Wonder Woman.
>>
>>84597881
I agree with you, but any memester talking about Supes not having enough lines is beyond your help.
>>
>>84594424

Suicide Squad will be fine, score in the mid 70s on RT, maybe even in the mid 80s and make a ton of money because of that. Wonder Woman will be received well due to its simpler story and focus but will criticized for its bleak tone.

Justice League's performance really depends on SS's and WW's reception. If they're seen as good solid movies, JL will probably do well, though I have very little faith left in Zack Snyder's directing skills.
>>
File: 08-Night-Gods-VS-Aquaman.jpg (65KB, 575x883px) Image search: [Google]
08-Night-Gods-VS-Aquaman.jpg
65KB, 575x883px
>>84597927
>>James Wan's Aquaman won't exactly be what hardcore Aquaman fans will want out of an Aquaman movie, having more of a horror-influence
But I am a pretty hardcore Aquaman fan and that is EXACTLY what I desperately want.
His hand was shredded by Piranha, his baby was murdered, he keeps Cthulhu imprisoned, he fights deep ones, Black Manta has been transformed in to a humanoid sea monster by the lord of hell before.
Horror & Aquaman go hand and hand.
>>
>>84597927
>>After Snyder's gone, WB will continue their, "Each movie is the director's vision," strategy they've had so far, being less centralized in tone than the MCU, for better or worse.
god I hope so
DC movies have felt like DC comics so far, hiring non yes men (Burton, Nolan, Snyder) that actually give their movies some flavor.
>>
>>84598043
>Horror & Aquaman go hand and hand.
That's an exaggeration and you know it. Aquaman isn't particularly much more horrific than most other Big 2 superheroes. Yeah, some fucked up shit has happened to him, but then some fucked up shit has happened to EVERY other hero.

His hand being eaten by piranha and his baby being murdered are more tragedies than straight up horror.

People sure people forget the period where Black Manta was an actual monster for a reason.

Only point you really have is Cthulhu and that sort of thing doesn't even factor into the Aquaman 'mythos' THAT much.
>>
>>84598043
>>84598116
I swear to fuck if they make the Aquaman movie meta or campy I will burn this mother fucker down.
>>
>>84598160
Good for you. It'd be putting the DCEU out of it's misery.
>>
>>84598160
>I swear to fuck if they make the Aquaman movie meta or campy I will burn this mother fucker down.
I hope you aren't the same fuck who thinks that anything that isn't gritty realism is "camp".
>>
>>84598192
meme
>>
>>84598227
'kay
>>
>>84598116
>Only point you really have is Cthulhu and that sort of thing doesn't even factor into the Aquaman 'mythos' THAT much.

Yeah, but wouldn't a movie about that be fucking great?

Personally I'm sad that they're using New Gods for the first Justice League movie and not based Starro.

Starro could work so well as this Lovecraftian monster with mind-control and nuke absorbing powers.

I have a feeling I'll never see Starro brought to life on the big screen, but a man can dream.
>>
>>84598160
>I swear to fuck if they make the Aquaman movie meta
They better not make a thing of people being like "Oh, you talk to fish, how pathetic," and show Aquaman being a badass showing them up. It's needlessly pandering to that stupid meme, and instead of pointing to Aquaman and saying "See, he's a badass, you guys are wrong," just show what Aquaman is capable of and we can fill in the rest.
>>
>>84598265
>Yeah, but wouldn't a movie about that be fucking great?
Sure but then you could say that about anything. Ultimately it's the execution of ideas that matters.

>Personally I'm sad that they're using New Gods for the first Justice League movie and not based Starro.
>Starro could work so well as this Lovecraftian monster with mind-control and nuke absorbing powers.
>I have a feeling I'll never see Starro brought to life on the big screen, but a man can dream.
Agree with all of this though. Starro would be so much better than fucking Steppenwolf.

What they should've done was started out with Starro or something else, like the White Martians (introducing J'onn this way as well), then introduced the New Gods in their own movie. Or maybe introduced Intergang in BvS or MoS2 and use that to lead into a New Gods movie.
>>
File: Praise me.jpg (95KB, 1360x562px) Image search: [Google]
Praise me.jpg
95KB, 1360x562px
>>84597589
>he doesn't look down or see himself as above normal people.
>>
>>84597636
anyone can act cocky.
>>
File: aquaman in bvs.webm (974KB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
aquaman in bvs.webm
974KB, 1280x532px
>>84598298
Agree with this 100%. For fuck's sakes, the dude is basically Golden Age Superman on land, pretty much Superman underwater, can control sealife, which is much more badass than it sounds, has a hot, badass wife who herself has the same abilities more or less, minus the ability to control sealife, but has the ability to manipulate water with her mind, and finally, is the king of Atlantis, meaning he's got all the resources of Atlantis at his disposal. Or should at least. They should do more with that.

Point is, Aquaman is completely impressive on his own. The whole thing of people not finding him impressive in-universe has never really made sense. If he existed in real life, we'd think he were some real shit. And lesser characters captivate audiences as well. It's so stupid.
>>
Hopefully with that Justice League Dark movie, they give Constantine a solo movie, much like how there's talk of a Harley Quinn movie after Suicide Squad. I really liked the Constantine tv show, and Hellblazer works for the horror genre. Also call the damn thing Hellblazer.
>>
>>84598206
Its not, but I do actively want gritty immerse-ness so it feels realistic.
Like Doomsday conceptually isn't realistic but they made it feel real in Bvs because they played it straight and serious.
>>
I have a feeling Kara is gonna be at the beginning of the Justice League movie when it's doing a flashback. 20,000 years doesn't match up with the 30,000 that's being predicted by leaks, but it's not set in stone.
>>
>>84596200
Made me kek
>>
The only thing they need to do in the Aquaman movie to make him seem badass is just have him play and have fun with some creepy ass sea monsters like it's no big deal

Maybe Topo can be some big ass Kraken he and Mera take care of
>>
The new logo looks great with the SS lights behind it.
>>84597126
I had this exact thought the other day. But hey, if Ryan Reynolds can play both Hal and Wade, why not Pratt?
>>
>ww will never step on you
>>
>>84594880
Batman & Robin killed careers of everyone involved, though. JL probably won't do that.
>>
>>84599875
Doesn't Pratt has a conctract that makes him unable of playing any character in the DCEU until the last avengers movie?
>>
>>84597287
Yes, but not by Snyder.

Superman needs a new movie directed by a really high-caliber pop director. Somebody like Abrams or Gore Verbinski or Rian Johnson. It should have pretensions of deepness that don't really go anywhere, but above all else it should be fun to watch and it should convey a great warmth and love for everything involved. Snyder's Supes is too cold. He should overflow with cheer and joy and goodwill.
>>
>>84596701
The only accurate post in this thread
>>
I fucking loved both MoS and BvS, but I'm not so sure if I'll like the upcoming movies.

>Suicide Squad
The whole Enchantress stuff and Joker as final boss? Meh. Also, possible solo movies for the characters? Come on! Meh, meh and meh.

>Wonder Woman
Not muh Azz Wondie. I really hate the whole feminist utopic fantasy immortal wymyn stuff, it's so forced.

>Justice League
Steppenwolf? B-but I want Darkseid now...

>The Flash
Lord and Miller not directing it anymore. Meh. Fucking Disney.

>Aquaman
If the underwater scenes end up looking like that one in BvS, it'll be shitty shit crap.

>Justice League 2
"Oh, look, the Apokolips baddie we should've introduced last movie will be the big bad now!"

>Shazam, GLC, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle, Dark Universe et cetera
Will they even happen? Fucking Disney buying the critics killed DCEU and the Warner hacks now want to make HARLEY QUINN movies! Argrhgrhgagahgaghahagagagag, where's my Red Lantern ring?!?!?

>the Krypton SyFy series
Oh, I think it'll be okay.
>>
>>84597927
>James Wan's Aquaman won't exactly be what hardcore Aquaman fans will want out of an Aquaman movie
>hardcore Aquaman fans
I mean, he's a cool character, but i doubt the 3 hardcore Aquaman fans want anything more than a good movie
>>
Please God let Aquaman & More Importantly Mera be revealed to have bronze & emerald outfits of pic related material.
I can fucking work!!!
>>
>>84595840
>There will never be a Wild Dog movie
>>
>>84603543
>>
File: post-2968-126527100415.jpg (317KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
post-2968-126527100415.jpg
317KB, 800x1200px
>>84603591
>>
>>84596756
INCH HIGH PRIVATE EYE
>>
>>84596359
>This board is dogshit.
Freeze in hell.
>>
>>84599039
>Like Doomsday conceptually isn't realistic but they made it feel real in Bvs because they played it straight and serious.
Are you fucking serious? Doomsday isn't anything but a giant, intimidating, nigh-invincible monster. How can you do anything BUT play him seriously? He has no real personality other than, "Kill and destroy everything in sight." I don't even really like Doomsday but that there are people out there who think like you worries me. Like, considering how one-dimensional Doomsday is, it's pretty fucking hard to fuck him up.
>>
>>84596172
The Justice League (except maybe Wonder Woman and the Green Lanterns) should always find another way.
>>
Patty Jenkins got lucky directing that meme movie about the ugly serial killer girl
so maybe a broken clock could be right again
>>
>>84603911
Quiping while fighting him or having him do slapstick would have fucked it up.
>>
>>84596635
>i'll talk you through it on skype

Me next!
>>
>>84604082
>Alternate Universes shouldn't do alternate things.
>Alternate Universes that specially are meant to be realism and have consequences shouldn't deal with senarios that require justified killing.
>>
>>84597097
Yeah, I agree completely with this. Honestly if Snyder makes a good movie and I am literally the only person who can appreciate it, I would still be fine with that. I wish I could be his friend because I can understand the things he does and his thought process.
>>
>>84604152
>Quiping while fighting him or having him do slapstick would have fucked it up.
This was never going to happen, though. It's fucking DOOMSDAY.

>>84604142
Problem is, Snyder has already had a hand in it. Snyder's suck could override Jenkins' not suck.
>>
>>84597071
Sucker Punch
Watchman

Did not turn a profit.

MoS only turned a profit once you include DVD and post-theatrical sales (e.g. HBO, cable, network casting)
>>
>>84604218
>This was never going to happen, though. It's fucking DOOMSDAY.

Did you see what they did with Mandarin?
>>
>>84594954
Will Baneposting finally be toppled as the reigning king?
>>
>>84596359
That really is true though desu
>>
>>84604801
>Did you see what they did with Mandarin?
That was Marvel Studios though.

Anyway, thing about Doomsday is, even though he's never been a particularly good character, he's associated with one of the most mainstream Superman stories. A lot of casual superhero fans are at least somewhat vaguely familiar with Doomsday and know he's the guy who killed Superman. They know he's essentially a rampaging beast who's an omen of mindless death and destruction wherever he goes. Unlike the Mandarin, he's an easier character to translate on screen as well. All you really need to do is just make a big, scary rampaging monster that can challenge Superman in a fight. And that's all really.
>>
>>84594424
>What do you guys think will happen in the coming years?
The movie comics fad will be gone and half of the movies announced will be purged.

/thread
>>
>>84604959

That doesn't mean that some dumb writer couldn't make him quip though, and if it were Marvel Studios maybe they would.
>>
>>84605016
>That doesn't mean that some dumb writer couldn't make him quip though, and if it were Marvel Studios maybe they would.
Meh, that's true. It would take a seriously shitty writer to do so but that's true I guess.
>>
>>84604819
It already is by BvS threads.
You think it's bad here? Yesterday I saw 5 threads for it at once in /tv/'s catalog.
>>
>>84597580
>The Deadpool movie is better than anything Hemsworth will ever do where he isn't being carried by far superior actors
Yeah but isn't the comparison Green Lantern Reynolds? That's a very different Reynolds from Deadpool Reynolds.
>>
>>84597695
>Talked plenty, the point of him not talking to the public in BVS was intentional that he was making a mistake by not doing so, its called character development.
Okay first, how the hell does a reporter, that's fucking another reporter that was raised on "People are going to react to you in certain ways" need to be TOLD to to do the bare minimum in PR.

Second, there's no realization of that mistake. There's an acceptance that Earth is his home, maybe. (One that took like twenty years too long) but nothing by way of him talking to the public.

Third, the only humanity he connects with is still Lois. She still remains a representative of the entirety of humanity. Too much hinges on her and his emotional attachment to her. We're still very much on the Injustice timeline.

Fourth, it's not character development until it's DONE. You guys pulled this same shit after Man of Steel and it wasn't delivered on for the entirety of this movie as you were so sure it was. Anti-Social Kal-El is just what Snyder wants. Stop trying to imply they're just getting to it.

Fifth "childish smiling idiot" Superman isn't a thing that exists outside of your strawman argument and I defy you to find proof that it does.

Sixth, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>84598340
Starro's too "silly and campy" for this universe, only virgins know who the Martians are. So you're getting the New Gods, only reskinned to look like the old ones because symbolism.
>>
>>84604801
Wouldn't Abomination (or better yet, brainwashed Hulk) be a more accurate parallel?
>>
>>84605187
No its not campy & silly f they play Starro like the horrific mind raping parasite he is.
There is zero evidence the New God will be redesigned.
Stephenwolf alone has been redesigned because his classic designs aren't threatening in anyway and his modern design will be too close to Ares if they give him his traditional armor in the Wonder Woman movie.
>>
>>84605215
No because they did Abomination well and not campy or silly really.
>>
>>84605215

I was talking about doing really dumb not comic book things with characters.

I've yet to read an Iron Man or Marvel comic where the Mandarin is actually a british actor.
>>
>>84605241
Yeah so why are you going "They'd just make him quippy and campy and silly!" when they're literally the same guys and do nearly mute rampaging monsters just fine?

Stop being a little console war faggot.
>>
>>84594424
The DCEU will only further kill public interest in the DC brand, particularly it's A-listers. Maybe this will finally allow DC to get its head of its ass and use other lesser knowns, but knowing them they still probably won't.
>>
>>84605233
>There is zero evidence the New God will be redesigned.
>Stephenwolf alone has been redesigned

If we even get Darkseid I guarantee ZackAttack is going to redesign him. I mean putting aside the skirt? He looks too much like Thanos.
>>
>>84604218
Honestly, Jenkins hasn't made a like passable film since Monster
but if she makes Wonder Woman kinda brutal, neck snappin' and less than sympathetic with her reaction to the brutalities of modern warfare, it would be a badass twist
this is maybe the only instance I could ever think that a Snyder edgy influence might be a positive thing
>>
>>84605164
He wasn't told this.
The Senate explosion was the lesson that gave him the realization of the mistake.
Had he been forthcoming this entire time then the hearing might not have even been needed.

>Third, the only humanity he connects with is still Lois. She still remains a representative of the entirety of humanity. Too much hinges on her and his emotional attachment to her.
Absolutely nothing fucking wrong with that.

>Anti-Social Kal-El is just what Snyder wants.
Being stoic and reserved isn't anti social.

>Fifth "childish smiling idiot" Superman isn't a thing that exists outside of your strawman argument and I defy you to find proof that it does
Reeves.
>>
>>84605273
>He wasn't told this.
>"Clark when people find out about you and what you can do it's going to change everything."
So I guess in addition to Charisma, Intelligent is another one of Kal's dump stats.

>Absolutely nothing fucking wrong with that.
There's at least three things wrong with that, but the most pertinent is the end of that sentence you curiously omitted. We're still on the path to Injustice. Nothing was done to rectify that.

>Being stoic and reserved isn't anti social.
No, but only having one link to humanity is.

>Reeves.
Donner Superman got mad, he got sad at things, he had conflict. He just had the full range of human emotions so I guess if you're autistic that comes off as being happy go lucky all day every day.

Maybe stop regurgitating memes and actually research the character you've declared yourself an expert on. Oh but wait you might have to drop the "NOT MUH" defense then. Never mind.
>>
>>84605256
You have discussed this with 2 different people.
I'm the guy that originally praised DD for being serious.
I was saying if in the MCU the people fighting him would be quiping and that would destroy his menace not that he would be quiping. Because if the heroes aren't taking the battle seriously why should we.
>>
>>84605272
Jesus man I don't even like Wonder Woman and I know that the brutal neck snapping characterization is a betrayal of her identity.

Having said that I agree with you in that it's the one they're likely to go with and it will mesh perfectly in this universe. Can't be worse than Ghostbusters anyway.
>>
>>84605266
He always looked more like Terrax the Tamer than Thanos to me.
>>
>>84605266
Oh the skirt should absolutely be fucking gone.
It's horrific.
But otherwise I imagine it will be the same.
>>
>>84605272
There is nothing edgy about Mos or Bvs.
Go to fucking hell you pathetic crybaby.
>>
>>84605304
I honestly wonder if it's an age thing because I remember MASH and I have friends and family in the military and so I get that a lot of what guys like you deride as "quips" is a coping mechanism and people in combat situations do it all the time.

Snyder's overcompensating and it's turning his attempts at solemnity into bathos. And bathos is really, really risky in the best of times.
>>
Snyder dies a horrible slow motion death.
>>
>>84605295
His acceptance of this world and his sacrifice to save it very easily could rectify it and alter the future for the better.

>No, but only having one link to humanity is.
Not when it's nessicary to not to have many links as it would put your loved ones and others in danger.
>>
>>84605295
>>"Clark when people find out about you and what you can do it's going to change everything."
So I guess in addition to Charisma, Intelligent is another one of Kal's dump stats.
What the fuck are you talking about.
You were bitching about him being told such as a reporter should know better.
But your example of when he was told it was when he was a kid???
>>
>>84605307
>Jesus man I don't even like Wonder Woman and I know that the brutal neck snapping characterization is a betrayal of her identity.
Your a liar who has zero idea what your talking about.
>>
>>84605295
Never claimed to be a expert.
I know this style of Superman has perfect precedence in comics like Earth One, Kingdom Come, For Tomorrow among others.

Your had your 5 bright silly movies now it's our turn you selfish fucking prick.
>>
>>84605364
I forgot a comma.
Clark is a reporter. He should understand PR.
Clark is fucking another reporter. She should've taken his pronged space dick out of her mouth long enough to say "we should really work on your public image".
Clark's dad committed suicide by tornado because of how huge a fucking deal people reacting to the reality of Clark would've been.

ALL that, and he still never thinks "Maybe I should put some effort into my image". Once is enough. Twice is stretching it. Three times and he still didn't do shit until after he was called in to the senate just proves he doesn't care as much as the movie claims he does.
>>
>>84605372
Naw man I've seen the Diana hates necks meme but she's supposed to be about love and rehabilitation and all that shit according to her fans. That's why they hated the Azz run. Part of it is also because Marston's femdom was non-violent in nature and he waso ne of those nu-male types that went "women are just naturally more peaceful and will go for diplomacy rather than conflict'.

It's in her DNA. Diana being turned into She-Kratos runs counter to that.

But it's exactly what they'll do, and you'll scream "NOT MUH WONDER WOMAN" at anyone that says otherwise, so whatever.
>>
>>84605429
Of he genuinely thinks staying above the fray of politics is the way to manage PR.
Let his actions speak for him.

It's also possible he feared if he got too in the spot light on TV and everything someone would identify him.
>>
>>84605412
So, this Superman has precedence in the version that doesn't want to be Superman and has to be guilt tripped into it, the one that retires and fucks off, and the one that requires the context of the "silly campy" classic version you guys hate so much to have any merit as a story at all?

Be honest. You've just read summaries of those stories off of Wikipedia, right?
>>
File: Gtoqyeh.jpg (623KB, 1706x1509px) Image search: [Google]
Gtoqyeh.jpg
623KB, 1706x1509px
>>84605307
>>
SHADE, the changing man HBO series
>>
>>84605477
Who has biggest kill count on League? After Hal, of course.
>>
>>84605461
>Of he genuinely thinks staying above the fray of politics is the way to manage PR.
Then have him express that instead of assuming it's self evident.
>Let his actions speak for him.
Because that was working so well.
>It's also possible he feared if he got too in the spot light on TV and everything someone would identify him.
Maybe if the universe that insists on deconstructing every facet of the franchise would spend thirty seconds on him constructing his secret identity instead of "He's kinda hot" there would be some ground work for that.
>>
>>84605452
>>84605452
This is World War 1, the most irrational chaotic war in history.
Their is no possible way she could have any effect with deplomacy.
People loved the Azz run.
Jesus fucking Christ you can believe in love & rehabilitation and still kill when absolutely needed. And doing so doesn't equal going Kratos.
There are various LEVELS not hust the absolutes.
>>
Hitman movie when
>>
>>84605477
Already addressed it. You took too long.
>>84605452

Wonder Woman is going to be a clusterfuck specifically because of that. Half her audience wants her to be a hippy the other half wants her to rip and tear.
And those of us that just want a nice thicc girl have already checked out and are just waiting for the fall out.
>>
>>84605471
It has precedence in the tone & mood of those books not the plot points.
And no all of them but EO are sitting on my shelf across the room from me.
>>
>>84605487
John Stewart
Guy Gardner
actually all the GLs besides Kyle are kinda dumb angry killers
Hawkman
Technically Lex?
Does Vigilante shoot people
>>
>>84605488
It was working well until the Africa situation.
>>
>>84605495
>There are various LEVELS not hust the absolutes.
Don't be silly. If we have even an ounce of levity that makes us Marvel, remember? Absolutism is the only way to keep our kino free of redditors!

>>>84605495
>People loved the Azz run.
Nigga I loved the Azz run. And because I actually read it, I have no problem remembering all the people that hated it and said how much it pissed on what Wonder Woman was. I'm just saying those people haven't gone anywhere.

Which, for example, is why the first thing Rucka did when he got back on Wonder Woman a month ago was retcon the shit out of it and say the Azz run was bullshit and never happened.
>>
>>84605512
Tone and mood are only part of a story and work in service of its plot and vice versa. You cannot remove one of those facets without fundamentally changing the others. You seem to think this is the case, and refuse to entertain notions that stories are constructed as a whole and not of segmented elements. Why is that?
>>
>>84605528
>If we have even an ounce of levity that makes us Marvel, remember?
I never said that. Just not levity in the form of camp or quips.
Like I would have loved a happy scene with Martha, Clark & Lois together at the farm earlier on in BVS and such would have added to the ladies interaction at the end.
>>
>>84605272
>but if she makes Wonder Woman kinda brutal, neck snappin' and less than sympathetic with her reaction to the brutalities of modern warfare, it would be a badass twist
Oh fuck off with this shit. The worst thing modern DC ever did with WW was make her an angry Amazon that had NO problems killing people if she felt like she needed to.

Honestly if anything, she should be more gentle and even more adverse to killing than Kal-El.

This post >>84605452 nails it.

But unfortunately, we are more than likely getting a WW who kills so fuck everything.

A better twist would be a WW or a superhero in general who legitimately wants to solve conflict peacefully, MLK-style. Non-violent resolution. Someone who wanted to preach non-violence and actually supported her words with action. And actually managed to do it despite all odds.

>>84605495
This kind of shows the flaws of setting it in WW1 in the first place.
>>
>>84605544
The tone & mood are all I want changed.
I loved everything about Superman & his mythos but the tone and silliness.
He can inspire people thru struggling and striving to acomplish great things instead of waving his hand and it be done.
He can be a light in the darkness instead of a light in a already bright happy world.
I want him to contextually actually have something to improve.
>>
My DCEU prediction is that they're going to move Wonder Woman's release date, either to be one of the first movies of the season, or to the dead season around October-November.

Because while it might not flop, there are way too many signs it will under-perform where it's scheduled for now.
>>
>>84605592
It's strange how talking to people, performing acts of kindness, connecting with humanity and leading by example equate to "waving his hand" to you.

>He can be a light in the darkness instead of a light in a already bright happy world.
Read Secret Origins. Then come back and maybe we can discuss this when you've got more of a lexicon under your belt.
>>
>>84602720
I think synders career is already dead
>>
>>84605592
So cries the twelve year old that wants to be treated like an adult. In a decade you'll look back on this chuuni phase of yours and cringe as hard as I am.
>>
>>84596136
But I liked Batman and Robin.
>>
>>84605606
No you misunderstand.
I want him to not do absurd shit like turn back time when he fails or can't save someone.
I want him to not be perfect.
I want him to be reltable in that he can't always solve everything because "he finds another way".

>>84605613
I'm 24.
And I'm not asking to be treated in anyway. I'm asking that they treat the concept seriously.
This is like saying 2001 shouldn't have been serious or contemplative because Sci-fi should always be silly.
Fuck You.
>>
>>84596376
Aquaman is going to get made dc has spent years carefully crafting his rise to popurality there not going to just throw that all away.
>>
>>84605648
>No you misunderstand.
>I want him to not do absurd shit like turn back time when he fails or can't save someone.
>I want him to not be perfect.
>I want him to be reltable in that he can't always solve everything because "he finds another way".
Except you can do all those things and not change the tone at all. Those are all plot things, not tone things, by your own broken definitions of the terms that put them in bubbles. You're moving the goalposts.
>>
>>84605655
>Aquaman is going to get made dc has spent years carefully crafting his rise to popurality there not going to just throw that all away.
This.

They're not scrapping any of their 'Phase One' movies. They're too far into this now.

What's really up in the air is what they're going to do once Snyder's gone. Are they going to soft-reboot the universe? Or are they just going to try to salvage what's left of it? Or maybe they'll just give up if they keep pumping out flop after flop (which I'm not saying is what will happen, just that it's a possibility).
>>
>>84605648
Did you really just attempt to compare Zack Snyder to Stanley Kubrick?
>>
>>84605669
No I'm not moving the goal post.
That is what I meant by waving his hand.
If the are going to take the concept seriously. Then he must treat him like they would any other character and that includes limitations and that means stuff like he can never kill because he will find another way is thrown out the window because that is sometimes not fucking feasible.
>>
>>84605673
No.
I'm saying Superman can be as silly as Reeves or as dead serious and realistic ad 2001, BOTH are valid paths to take.
Just because Superman has been silly most of his existence does not mean he needs to be always.
>>
>>84594424

>SS will be slightly better than BvS but it will still have a mixed reaction, and 50-70% on RT.
>WW will have some good concepts all brought down by muh serious brown filter and tone, and Gal's shitty acting. People will still praise it because they are afraid of being called sexist as we see with Ghostbusters.Feminist will latch onto it and ironically will make it lose money with all ''If you don't watch it you're sexist'' articles.
>JL will be the same movie as BvS but with more destruction. Aquaman and Flash will be the only characters to crack a fucking smile.
>Ben Affleck will become the main man and WB will focus on Batman instead.
>>
>>84605689
>>84605702
It's funny in a "look at this hypocrite" kind of way, because you keep trying to push that "he's a light in the darkness" line while also insisting he's too bright and needs to be dimmed.

It's really obvious you don't get the point of the character. Maybe go read Spawn. That should be more your speed.
>>
>>84605734
Wonder Woman is the risky one.
It's got a relatively unproven lead, no major name draws (especially none that they can market), Ghosbusters has proven that marketing to feminism and controversy doesn't actually work (It didn't even get #1 movie its opening weekend, Secret Life of Pets is kicking its ass) and it's got too close an aesthetic to BvS to attract people that were burned twice by Snyder.

And that's all without considering the fact that its release is sandwiched between the money printing franchises of Transformers and Pirates of the Caribbean. Like I said earlier, WB HAS to move WW's release date or they're fucked.
>>
>>84603543
It'd likely be cg if most of their stuff is underwater, that ww email shit looked terrible.
>>
>>84596895
And violent cringe-inducing edge isn't maturity. I'll take the camp. I can at least mock that. The pointless edginess of BvS just depresses me.
>>
>>84605775
>Ghosbusters has proven that marketing to feminism and controversy doesn't actually work

true, but it also silences criticism.
>"This movie was shit."
>"what are you? A Misogynerd?"
>"Sigh! Fine, I'll give it a fresh score!"
>>
Suicide Squad will open higher than BvS
>>
>>84599875
>if Ryan Reynolds can play both Hal and Wade, why not Pratt?

Green Lantern's franchise is dead, GotG sadly is not.
>>
>>84597927
>>After Snyder's gone, WB will continue their, "Each movie is the director's vision," strategy they've had so far, being less centralized in tone than the MCU, for better or worse.

PLEASE

Reminder that Edgar Wright is not the director of Ant-Man because MUH MCU
>>
When describing a movie, what does "fun" mean?
>>
Duke and Harper Row die.
>>
>>84605775

I don't think Wonder Woman is as risky as you might think. Sure, it's an unproven character, but even people who hated BvS thought that Gal Gadot did a fine job as Wonder Woman and liked the character a lot.

Wonder Woman is THE female superhero, she's got a sizeable fanbase, and I think many people will want to see the movie just to see the character. After that, it really depends on the reviews to see how long its legs are.
>>
>>84605751
Not trying to dim him.
I'm trying to make him believable in the context of what is around him while still allowing him to stand out from it.
Mos did that perfectly.
He is a ordinary flawed man with incredible power who seeks to help people I'm a shitty world.

The point of the character is that he saves & inspires people, nothing more.

>>84605857
Ultimate was edgy, Nemesis was edgy, Cannibal Fucking Holocaust was edgy.
Nothing in Mos or Bvs was edgy at all.
>>
>>84608757
Ultimatum not ultimate.
>>
>>84603582
Wild Dog has bad luck, he will appear on Arrow
>>
File: 1467672278633.png (451KB, 540x535px) Image search: [Google]
1467672278633.png
451KB, 540x535px
>>84596700
>doesn't agree with me
>undercover marvel drone
>>
>>84608028
Quips, memes, and "just turn off your brain bro"
>>
Why everyone here think that SS will be good?
>>
>>84610504
Because it's a different team behind the movie, Snyder is only producing it. And David Ayer is a much more competent director than Snyder.
>>
>>84610504
Because it's not Snyder. Same how people think Wonder Woman will be good.
>>
>>84610556
Snyder is deeply involved in the Wonder Woman movie, both in the story and how the movie looks.

And the one thing he isn't (director) is what he's better than Patty

So I'm not sure how that's a good thing.
>>
It'll all burn down.
>>
>>84610504
Companyfag reasons.
Literally Hot Topic: The Movie
>>
File: Don't believe his lies.webm (3MB, 494x480px) Image search: [Google]
Don't believe his lies.webm
3MB, 494x480px
>>
SUICIDE SQUAD is the DCEU's last chance.

If it's good, Zack Snyder will be pinpointed as the problem and we'll be free after suffering through his JUSTICE LEAGUE movie, which is already being more reigned in by WB.

But it SUICIDE SQUAD is the same and gets the same amount of rejection and controversy, the DCEU is as good as dead. It'll always be the Pepsi of the superhero movie genre.
>>
>>84612600
>be german
>be forced to fight in a shitty war
>be hacked to death by a jew skeleton just because
>>
>>84612600
I honestly hope to death that some of this footage doesn't make it in the final version.
>>
DC will win

1. Females
Marvel includes the gratuitous ab shot a lot. But women would give up that stuff IN A SECOND for a female superhero. 11 years for a female led movie? Are they serious ? An ab shot instead of an ass or tit shot is not a substitute for female superheroes or villains (see Iron Man 3)
2. Diversity
Black sidekicks. Thats what Marvel has given to deviate from white males so far. They are rushing to make up for it with Black Panther. But what about Asians, Hispanics, Arabs, etc.? People are only getting more sensitive about this. Every DC movie thus far has had the diversity of the Fast & Furious movies and will share their success.
>>
>>84613250
I like how you act like that shit actually matters to mainstream audiences.
>>
>>84604342
>300
>Did not turn a profit

Are you retarded?
>>
>>84613432
I addressed that
>>
File: 1468599916372.jpg (161KB, 630x802px) Image search: [Google]
1468599916372.jpg
161KB, 630x802px
>>84598500
>That fucking breath holding
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.