[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.co m/post/49489930167/so-would-you-con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.jpg (111KB, 1639x922px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
111KB, 1639x922px
http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/49489930167/so-would-you-consider-sharing-those-ideas-as-to
Regardless of writing quality, how did we go from the Bendis who put this degree of thought into the continuity of the Age of Ultron timeline to the one who writes two versions of Ulysses' Thanos vision and forgets that Bruce is free of the Hulk?
>>
For starters, OP, Brevoort or someone said all of that was put together by the handbook people, not Bendis. He never put any thought into continuity.
>>
>>84591652
Age of Ultron had a degree of thought?
>>
>>84591652
Pak probably wasn't told by editorial all about Bruce in CW2 when he was writing that TAH issue

Or Bendis being Bendis, which ever one was written first
>>
>>84591652
You fell right into the antiBendis trap.

The thing is, contrary to what /co/ believes, Bendis isn't a guy who always forgets continuity or doesn't investigate or doesn't read other people's comics. He does read other comics, he investigates a lot and knows more continuity than you think.

But BMB always ALWAYS puts his work before any kind of continuity. If he has an idea for an story and continuity is on the way, he'll simply, willingly, ignore it. If his story needs the Hulk to die, he'll die. Does he know there are plenty of reason why the Hulk wouldn't die in that situation? absolutely, but he doesn't care about any of them. For him his story is more important.
>>
>>84591803
B A S E D B E N D I S
>>
>>84591803
So the antiBendis trap is just a diversion from the fact he's not some idiot who forgets continuity and happens to write bad stories. He's an asshole who disregards continuity so he can write bad stories?
>>
>>84591652
Because he's a fat lazy cunt who cares more for meeting deadlines than producing a quality story.

Chances are he spent weeks compiling that little list of ripple changes prior to writing AoU, and that sapped him of the energy to write something compelling. He had flashes of a cool story in his head that he just transfered to the page. It made sense in context, sure, but there's just huge chunks of details missing.
>>
>>84591791
I thought that was to make Bruce death more tragic
>>
>>84591652

>forgets that Bruce is free of the Hulk?

how to people not get "He's extremely paranoid Hulk will return"
>>
>>84591803
story over continuity is fine. He's still a very shitty writer.
>>
>>84592008
He says continuity is just an obstacle course. I have no clue what he meant by that
>>
>>84593033
He can't do either of them.
>>
He spent a long time on this story, no surprise he has notes on it
Doesn't make it good though
>>
>>84593177
He says he spends a long time on them. Usually, this means he has an idea and puts it on a shelf for the next several years.
How long do you thibk he actually spent thinking up the Original Sin tie-in for GotG? I promise you he didn't spend anywhere close to the 2 years he had.
>>
>>84593033
Bendis once said that continuity means the best writers are held hostage by the worst writers.
One can only wonder how much longer he's going to hold Marvel hostage.
>>
>>84592052
>Bendis
>meeting deadlines
tip top kek. You notice how in GotG and his X-Men he was perpetually one event behind? Like Infinity happened and he was still doing his AoU tie-in?
>>
>>84591652
Ugh can't fucking stand his fucking photo smile. Always the same tilt, angle, and lack of self awareness in thinking that pose looks good on some one with his features. You can only tell the head shots apart with varying degrees of body fat and pursed lips.
>>
>>84593531
He's perpetually doing the Dreamworks face, it's maddening.
>>
>>84591791

Bendis says he wrote that issue almost a year ago and said that everyone who had characters that were affected by Civil War 2 were given plenty of lead time to do their things.

he followed this up with the statement "Greg made his choices"
>>
>>84592008
pretty much
>>
>>84591803
I wouldn't mind this so much if his stories didn't range from shitty to mediocre
>>
>>84591652
I know there's a ton of Bendis stories to avoid/destroy on sight, but could I get some examples of some GOOD things he wrote? There has to be something he made that wasn't shit, and I want to know what it is so I can ignore the rest.
>>
>>84591652
The better question OP is how did we go from DD and USM Bendis to this?

I think the real Bendis was killed and this is an ayy, hence why he has none of Bendis' memories and can't keep things straight.
>>
>>84598554
>Bendis was replaced by a Skrull

It's Secret Invasion all over again.
>>
>>84598498
Daredevil

Ultimate Spider-Man

Alias
>>
>>84598834
Thanks. Now I can disregard everything else with his name attached.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.