[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone just pointed out that this lineup is basically the founding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

File: Avengers 1.jpg (139KB, 630x852px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers 1.jpg
139KB, 630x852px
Someone just pointed out that this lineup is basically the founding Avengers, the next generation.

Iron Man = Iron Doom
Thor = FosterThor
Wasp = NuWasp
Pym = Vision (Pym's grandson)
Hulk = Hercules (replaced Hulk in his comic for a stretch)

And Captain America is usually considered a founding Avenger even though he didn't join until issue 4.

I dunno, I think it's moderately clever.
>>
>>84588453
Yeah, it's a decent roster and Del Mundo on art has me rock hard. Let's see if Waid brings his a-game though.

That said, why the fuck does this get Del Mundo while Champions is stuck with Ramos?
>>
>>84588453
Whoa, that's deep.

Who is the current Wasp, not Janet I take it?
>>
>>84588453
Dang. That's pretty neat, to be honest.
>>84588562
Pym's daughter, Nadia. From his first marriage.
Basically not!Hope. She's... hispanic?
>>
>>84588562
It's the long-lost daughter of Pym and his first wife. She shows up and she's like all "I'm the Wasp now because Janet Van Dyne isn't in the movies" and Jan's like "whatever fine."
>>
>>84588562
Pym's long-lost daughter from his first marriage. Her names Nadia Pymwhich is Russian for Hope.

Also Jan is still wasping it up over in Uncanny Avengers, but that seems more like a part-time deal.
>>
>>84588590
No, she grew up in Russia. Because sliding timeline and Hank's wife was apparently abducted during the Cold War.
>>
>>84588590
>She's... hispanic?
How would she be hispanic when her parents are Hank and Maria. Maria was Hungarian. Nadia was raised in Russia.
>>
>>84588516
One book is main Avengers book. Other has some teenagers, fuck it, give them looks of plague survivors.
>>
>>84588453
>Vision
Welp, there goes the spoilers. But what happend to the young vision of the Young avengers?
>>
>>84588630
The timeline actually matches up. She's a teenager now, and with the sliding timescale, it's been ~14 years since Hank became Ant-man, which was only a couple years after Maria was captured/presumed killed, which would mean Nadia would had to have been born 15-17 years ago in-universe.
>>
>>84588673
>But what happend to the young vision of the Young avengers?
Read Children's Crusade.

Short version is he's dead.
>>
>>84588453
Does this mean the new Cap's Kooky Quartet is Steve Rogers, Wiccan, Speed and Kate Bishop?
>>
>>84588673
Whacked by Doom.
>>
>>84588630
>>84588631
I'm not big into Ants. I was under the impression she was a diversity hire. My mistake.
>>
>>84588732
Wrong Cap but yeah, that'd be about it.
>>
>>84588673
He died and they never rebuilt his body or made him a new one even though they said they had a back up of his systems on a hard drive.

His girlfriend is alive again though
>>
>>84588905
Just on time for movie?
>>
>>84588590
>>84588598
>>84588608
Thanks, Anons.
>>
>>84588562
Janet will be Wasp over in Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>84588932
Children's Crusade was in 2010. 5 years before AoU.
>>
>>84588905
The weird thing about Kid Vision is some writers didn't seem to realize he wasn't Original Vision and wrote him as if he were the old Vision.

Chris Gage addressed this in an annual where Vision complains about all the years the Avengers left him in storage without rebuilding him.
>>
So you're telling me the Avengers are letting Doctor-Fucking-Doom into their team?
>>
That Iron Man is Von Doom?
>>
>>84589067
Maybe he'll have a secret identity and they won't know it's him? Or has that been ruled out already?
>>
>>84588997
And when she got back?
>>
>>84589067
No, see, he's calling himself Iron Man now so it's cool.
>>
>>84588453
>Thor = FosterThor
Whor. Its concise and illustrated exactly what is meant in 4 letters.
>>
>>84589095
Stature? Brought back during AXIS, which, yes, was a "just in time for the movie" situation since they wanted her back for Lang's ongoing which came out the same year as the Ant-man movie.
>>
>>84588453
I prefer doom bring just doom but anything is better than having tony, fuck tony
>>
>>84589078
Yeah, Victor's going to be the new Iron Man.
>>
>>84589160
The one people care about, anyway.
>>
>>84589187
I'm sure a handful of tumblrites will care about the other one. Who knows, maybe she'll turn out to be waifu-bait.

But yeah, Iron Doom is the only one that has me interested.
>>
>>84589035
Well whatever the case Jonas probably won't come back since Viv is around now.

Maybe he and Vin can hang out in robot hell together
>>
>>84588453
>Thanos with a big chunky gun
>Hercules with a big chunky gun
Is it the 90s again
>>
>>84589222
>BendisDoom has me interested
lol

Hopefully Waid just ignores Benis's contributions to the character altogether.

I am aware that you can be interested in the character via another writer, just wanted to use my Hulkslayer arrow.
>>
>>84589236
>hell
Vin is a good boy, he didn't kill anybody
>>
>>84589263
>Is it the 90s again
Apparently you missed the news of Joe Casey and Nick Dragotta pulling a Destroyer Duck over at Image announcement. Or the fact that Valiant exists.

Fuck yes, it's the 90s again. The entirety of the '10s has been 90s 2: PC Boogaloo.
>>
>>84589263
Bingo, remember we also had teen tony and clone spidey then, not to mention te electric superman (men)
>>
>>84589276
>Hopefully Waid just ignores Benis's contributions to the character altogether.
Why? Bendis actually writes a better Doom than Waid. Waid's Doom back in FF was awful, despite the rest of his FF being good. Bendis may be a shit writer, but he wrote Doom perfectly fine in his sporadic appearances during his Avengers runs.
>>
>>84589367
FAT COW
>>
>>84589343
>not to mention te electric superman (men)
I'm surprised that's your point of comparison and not the fact that DC is literally doing Death of Superman and Reign of the Supermen again. They even have Jurgens back to do it!

And yeah, we're about to get Clone Saga 2 this fall. Onslaught was the big bad of the AXIS event. Solo and Slapstick are getting ongoings. Cable is leading the Uncanny Avengers.

The 90s are back, baby.
>>
>>84589281
Well its not like robots can go to heaven

one of the captchas said Mancha

how did they know?
>>
Are we sure that's Doom? That pic don't look like what Maleev posted.
>>
>>84589482
Yeah, it's Doom. We don't know if the pic Maleev posted is actually his final design or just concept art. It's also entirely possible that the suit he'll be wearing on the Avengers and in his solo aren't exactly the same.
>>
>>84588732
The only team book Cap is appearing is Thunderbolts, I think. He got booted off Uncanny Avengers.
>>
>>84589511

all the stuff Maleev has posted has been concepts.

even what they showed off in the Marvel Previews book was all concept stuff, so I would assume that the Kubert-drawn armor for the Avengers cover is just them guessing really.

or Doom is going to have situational armors like Tony used to.
>>
>>84589537
He's still going to be in UA, just as an antagonist presumably. The Uncanny Avengers find out he's HYDRA and the main villain of the book is Red Skull, so yeah.

Cap is also going to be in that Kooky Quartet mini that Waid is doing, but I don't think that counts since it's an Untold Tales books.
>>
>>84589607
He could just have a bunch of different Iron Doombots.
>>
I like it. Good observation.

I think Avengers desperately needs a JLA-esque "back to basics" approach, and I doubt this will be it but I'd like to hope it will be.
>>
>>84589367
Waid's approach to Doom was very much like Morrison with Magneto around the same time. Silver Age fans who want a Silver Age villain to be PURE EVIL and ignore everything the other writers have done with them.
>>
>>84588453
>clever
Also damn I'm disappointed it's new wasp.
>>
>>84589774
Jan will be on Cable's X-vengers.
>>
>>84588453
Based Waid.
I was gonna buy for Del Mundo anyway but this just makes me harder.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.