[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who hated Persepolis? Marjane Satrapi is like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 486
Thread images: 65

File: tumblr_nmwyvnqXNL1ssw0m8o1_500.jpg (78KB, 493x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmwyvnqXNL1ssw0m8o1_500.jpg
78KB, 493x450px
Am I the only one who hated Persepolis?

Marjane Satrapi is like the perfect stereotype of a "good Muslim" in western society.

>Marxist
>doesn't like wearing hijab
>doesn't pray
>loves American music and movies
>half-heartedly believes in God
>strangely racist against Arabs
>drinks and goes to parties

Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim at all, but has a quirky accent and lets you have more diversity in your coffee-sucking hipster dipshit circle of friends.

And fuck this girl's family, too. Her mother's a whore, and her dad's a communist, which makes her a communist whore. All her best friends and family are communist, in fact all the conflict in her life would be averted if she wasn't a freakin' communist. Seriously, why am I supposed to feel sorry for Marjane and her family? Her dad studied abroad in Europe; why didn't he just stay there, where his marxist values would actually be welcome?

Khomeini was the best thing that ever happened to Iran.
>>
Calm down, Ahmed.
>>
>>84529523
>Khomeini was the best thing that ever happened to Iran
Tell that to my dead father, you ignorant fuck.
>>
I understand what you're saying. This is the typical behavior of atheist/agnostic secularists. They believe in tolerating religions, including Islam, only to a point. When those religions--like Islam, like Christianity, like Hinduism--start to encroach on their comfort and convenience, they turn nasty. But what were they expecting? Religions demand to rule the world. They demand to alter reality in the name of their god or gods. You can't just tolerate them "to a point."
>>
>>84529523
Dude chill
No ones perfect and you can't choose your shitty communist family who willing choose to stay in that shit hole
>>
Sounds like a good Muslim to me.
>>
I hated once she grew up, because she became kind of a cunt.
>>
The more secular a Muslim is the better. It seems the more religious Muslims are the more likely they are to blow people up.

That whole religion just needs to chill out and not take religion so seriously.
>>
when reading all the comics that are hailed as the greatest the genre has to offer:

Persepolis
The Watchmen
The Sandman
Preacher

I've come to realize that the medium is intellectually stunted. There is no comic book that can match the style of Proust, the tortured insight of Dostoevsky, the scale of Tolstoy, the thematic depth of Melville, the biting wit of CĂ©line, the elegance of Joyce, or have the power to shape entire cultural conceptions like a Milton or a Dante.
>>
>>84529651
Marjane's story was definitely a lot more captivating when she was still in Iran. Once she gets to Europe, it basically just becomes "White Girl Problems: The Comic."

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not really what I was hoping for.
>>
>>84529665
>That whole religion just needs to chill out and not take religion so seriously.
Taking the religion seriously is a pretty integral part of being a Muslim.
>>
>>84529673
One of the most pretentious posts I have read today. The only reason you are saying those are so great is because they were taught in literature classes and praised for their genius for at least 100 years.

If people read The Sandman in literature courses then 100 years from now people would be listing it up there with all those authors you mentioned.
>>
>>84529592
Yes you can. European Christianity turned over time into something that can fit in a civilized society. Something that's practized mostly internally, rather than externally. They don't try to violently convert people or to christianize the world or enact changes o society to conform to their religion (Well, mostly) they just have their rituals and their holidays and that's perfectly fine. The same thing can't be said for American Christianity. European Islam appears to be struggling between conforming to civilized society and rejecting it and is therefore a source of, sometimes violent, conflict.

Middle Eastern Islam, at its current state is repressive, destructive and imperialist and not, in any way, morally defensible by anyone living in a civilized country. It's something that needs to be destroyed from the inside much like medieval Christianity was.
>>
>>84529717
And there lies the problem. Out of all the religions, Muslims seem to be the most hardcore outside of some crazy Christian cults.

Islam leaves very little room for actual introspection and critical thought about personal beliefs. It values blind obedience above all else. This is easily exploited, which is why Muslims are so easily radicalized compared to other groups.
>>
>>84529717
A pretty integral part of any religion, really. There are a lot of fake religious people in the West, most of them pretending to be Christians.
>>
>>84529523
>Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim at all
That's true though
>>
>>84529720
I feel sorry for you if you truly believe this.

Literature is simply on another intellectual level than comics. It's not a matter of social elevation, it's a difference in the limitations of the mediums and the talent they attract.
>>
>>84529736
>They don't try to violently convert people or to christianize the world or enact changes o society to conform to their religion (Well, mostly)

Maybe they should.
>>
>>84529673
>the elegance of Joyce
Ok, this post is a joke.
>>
>>84529523
>And fuck this girl's family, too. Her mother's a whore, and her dad's a communist, which makes her a communist whore.
Gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>84529736
>It's something that needs to be destroyed from the inside much like medieval Christianity was.
Saddes part is, medieval and american Christianity go completely against most of what Jesus was preaching in the first place.
>>
>>84529523
>loves American music and movies

One of these things is not like the other.
>>
>>84529768
Both are mediums to convey information. There is no objective reason why comics are somehow on a lesser level than literature.
>>
>>84529746
>Muslims seem to be the most hardcore outside of some crazy Christian cults.
>It values blind obedience above all else
Why is that, anyway? Is it because the Quran and the teachings of Islam are supposed to be the absolute word of God while the teachings of Christianity were delivered through men and can be more open for interpretation?
>>
>>84529523
t. Khomeini
>>
>>84529523
Well, that's kinda the point. It's a comic about how much it sucks to be non-religious in a fundamentalist society. The 1979 revolution changed Marjane's whole entire world.

>>84529673
If the chapter "The Dowry" didn't make you tear up, you don't have a heart.
>>
>>84529523
>Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim at all, but has a quirky accent and lets you have more diversity in your coffee-sucking hipster dipshit circle of friends.

So you're mad because she's....not Muslim enough for you?
>>
>>84529803
How do you know that? That's a very, very Protestant opinion. There are Churches that have existed for thousands of years, who's to say they don't have a better idea of what Christ taught than some Church founded in the eighteenth century?
>>
>>84529812
At least with Catholicism, is the belief that the Pope is the succesor of Peter, who was closest to Jesus, and he can change some rules or give them a more open interpretation.
>>
>>84529829
Fuck you, disgusting tripfagget.
>>
File: 1464549193805.jpg (254KB, 900x948px) Image search: [Google]
1464549193805.jpg
254KB, 900x948px
>>84529523
>The good muslim is the dead muslim
>>
>>84529673
You still haven't read Cerebus yet? I guess it's too much for your limited attention span to handle.
>>
>>84529805
>There is no objective reason why comics are somehow on a lesser level than literature.

And yet they are.

The medium has never produced a Moby Dick or a Paradise Lost or a Divine Comedy. Is it because of the audience, the publishers, or simply the difference in the intellectual capabilities between its writers and the writers of great literature?

Probably a combination of all three.
>>
>>84529857
>How do you know that? That's a very, very Protestant opinion.
Protestant? The people I am criticizing?
Maybe because killing or punishing people in the name of God is against what Jesus told everyone in the first place. And that being religious is not for prestige or to be a model member of the community. While American and Medieval culture are full of hate.
>>
>>84529523
Remember when she got some dude arrested for the lulz?
>>
>>84529857
American Christianity is protestant though and it is, in large parts, considerably more repressive than modern catholicism. Of course I am an atheist who was raised catholic and still believes in some catholic values so I might not be entirely unbiased but really, I take Pope Francis' words over that of some of the theocratic fascists in America that call.themselves Christians any day.
>>
Everyone likes the first book.
>>
>>84529923
Remember when you lied on the internet for the lulz?
>>
>>84529673
I don't really consider any of those comics particularly good. Sandman and Watchmen are fairly literary but Persepolis is an autobiography and Preacher is crummy genre fiction. Maybe you need to read more comics?
>>
Only watched the movie, but I noticed this as well.

People outside of a religion will not pressure you to follow religious obligations. They will at best not care and at worst think less of you for it. Once getting to Europe, her faith was an obscurity that she didn't, perhaps couldn't, follow.

>>84529736
>European Christianity - Teach the story of Christ and the context of the bible. Then ease into the moral law and why it should be followed.
>American Christianity - Emphasize possible moral wrongdoings over theology. If they agree to the moral obligations, then teach them more about the life and times of Christ. If they don't, tough.
>>
>>84529768
>>84529917

Ever consider that you're just a pretentious faggot?
>>
>>84529945
Seriously dude. American christianity is fucking nuts. They will carry a gun and a bible without realizing about the contradiction. It's like I'm living in a Disneyfied version of the crusades.
>>
>>84529812
Pretty much, Muslims have to follow the Quran to the word since they believe it's the literal word of God. Christians have alot more leeway in what they believe since the Bible was written my multiple people with sometimes conflicting statements. The Bible is such a mess that it allows Christians to justify almost any interpretation. For example, you can find passages that justify co-existing with other cultures and passages that justify murdering all other cultures. The Quran was written by one guy with very clear views on many issues that are hard to mis-interpret.
>>
>>84529812
A lot of the extremist elements can be traced to the rise of the Wahhabist school of Sunni Islam over the last century.
Basically, the Wahhabists were the absolute fucking worst, most violent, most hateful, most sexist, most extreme to-the-letter, Sharia-law loving Muslims in the world, but they were a tiny sect. The house of Saud allied to them when they took over Arabia and the Wahhabists were really helpful.
Then, when the Saudi royals were setting up the country, the Wahhabists wanted to encroach and take a lot of control themselves. The royal family couldn't tell them to fuck off because they'd gained a lot of public support since the takeover, so to appease them, the royal family have them billions and billions of dollars (from US oil deals) to go around the Middle East and Africa and set up Wahhabist schools and spread it to other countries.
The result was Al-Qaeda, Al-Shabab, Boko Haram, ISIS and the rest.
>>
>>84529938
Did you read the story?
>>
>>84529963
Not him but honestly though, comics need better writers and better works. We barely have respected masterpieces because 95% of it is juvenile trash, while books and movies have more variety.
>>
>>84529963
Great rebuttal.

You've certainly proved that comics aren't an intellectually light-weight medium.
>>
File: TLKyJQhXyy9nWLv8YELgWd49.gif (203KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
TLKyJQhXyy9nWLv8YELgWd49.gif
203KB, 500x324px
Is the pursuit of peace and stability through moral and cultural degradation so wrong?
>>
File: 1447301809203.jpg (320KB, 2027x1662px) Image search: [Google]
1447301809203.jpg
320KB, 2027x1662px
Who gives a shit whether or not God exists, we are humans living now on a wet bit of rock on an outside arm of a galaxy which is one of trillions+ in our particular universe. If an omniscient and/or omnipresent being (or beings) actually existed they would see the ultimate hurt that we as a species are headed for and stay well clear.
>>
>>84529996
Yes. She didn't do it "for the lulz".

Why would you lie? Are the lulz that important to you?
>>
>>84529523
I didn't hate it in fact I liked it a lot but I did come out with the impression that Starapi was more of pretentious, arrogant, and judgmental bitch then she let on however I guess that can be expected given the shit she went through and I give her credit for admitting when she realizes she is wrong about something.
I recall some short comic she did about performing for US troops shortly after 9/11 and how she was surprised how the soldiers were completely different from what she expected american soldiers to be like (she assumed they would be frothing at the mouth imperialists that would be too stupid to understand her and they ended up being ordinary friendly people that enjoyed her performance)
>Her mother's a whore
She didn't seem to be to my perspective
>and her dad's a communist
I'm pretty sure that was her uncle
> Seriously, why am I supposed to feel sorry for Marjane and her family?
Her family didn't depose the shah or put the islamic radicals in charge of the country so yeah sympathy is warranted.
>Her dad studied abroad in Europe; why didn't he just stay there,
Iran wasn't as shit back then, why stay in a country (assuming that immigration was even a option) where they don't speak your language when your own country is almost comparable?
>>
File: changing times.jpg (70KB, 480x427px) Image search: [Google]
changing times.jpg
70KB, 480x427px
>>84529993
This is really depressing.
>>
>>84529842
A mainstream comic about a religious Muslim would not do well because a devout Muslim just wouldn't be relatable to 99% of the population. It's why all the comics with Muslims in them tend to shove Islam under the rug.
>>
>>84529917
>The medium has never produced a Moby Dick or a Paradise Lost or a Divine Comedy.
Straight outta the pseudo-intellectual handbook right there.
>>
I hated the movie. Annoying little spoiled twat
>>
>>84529673
>elegance
>Joyce

You are talking about the guy that made a whole career of writing nonsensical thesaurus in-jokes and raunchy comments about the retarded irish society.

How can you call a dude who spent more than 10 pages narrating a guy masturbating to voyeur shit 'elegant'?
>>
>>84530066
Do you have anger issues?
>>
>>84529523
Do you have any problems with the craft and the structure of the story or are you just sperging about uninformed political bullshit?
>>
File: 1336602362527.jpg (57KB, 321x380px) Image search: [Google]
1336602362527.jpg
57KB, 321x380px
>>84530076
>How can you call a dude who spent more than 10 pages narrating a guy masturbating to voyeur shit 'elegant'?
The finest gentleman, you prude.
>>
>>84529523
>Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim
So you're saying if somebody isn't a violent, wife-beating, close-minded, IS sympathizing barbarian, they can't be a good Muslim?
>>
>>84529665
This
Most religions went through periods of reformation that domesticated them to be compatible with more modern libertarian politics but islam is still stuck in the bronze age.
The only exceptions to the undiluted crazy that is islam are the ones that treat it with the same sort of distance that most modern christians and jews do, which is to say that they believe in god and treat it as a culture but at the same time don't follow it word for word and slaughter goats to appease god or keep slaves anymore.

If you can find a muslim that is only religious on holidays and otherwise drinks and eats pork you will have found the elusive "moderate muslim" otherwise you have a radical muslim that's lazy.
>>84529717
Maybe they should start then?
>>
>>84530033
How can SJWs support Islam? How much cognitive dissonance does one need to claim they fight for feminism and then berate someone for criticizing Islam? They just need to face the fact that Islam is inherently sexist as hell.
>>
>>84529673
>/lit/posting on /co/ starter kit
Go look up some shit on your own, don't buy into someone else's classicist opinions.

Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four is the "great American novel". Try to debate that.
>>
File: 1414195272027.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1414195272027.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>84529673
>comics
>genre
>Preacher
>greatest
>>
>>84529917
It's a young medium still, it's still got a long way to go. Honestly though, you're being by a bit of a pretentious douche if you only came here to complain about how great literature is in comparison
>>
>>84530076
It's elegant because he never read it and was just namedropping famous old books while pretending to be a super sophisticated intellectual.
>>
>>84529981
>They will carry a gun and a bible without realizing about the contradiction.
Can you name a single religion in the whole world that the practitioners are completely unwilling to use violence if deemed necessary?
>>
>>84530138
Let's change the topic a little bit to actually be /co/ related.

How should comics mature as a medium? I really want to figure this out.
>>
File: woops wore too much makeup xD.png (592KB, 700x1114px) Image search: [Google]
woops wore too much makeup xD.png
592KB, 700x1114px
>>84530023
>wear forbidden shit
>see religious police coming down the street
>don't walk away
>don't turn around
>don't wipe your makeup with a cloth
>don't ask for help from anyone to do any of the above
>don't stand up for your right to wear forbidden shit
>Instead grab the attention of the police who may not have ever noticed you and send some innocent schmuck to get beaten to death for being 5 steps within raping someone

It's damn close to doing it for the lulz
>>
>>84529523
I liked this book it was really sweet
I should buy it for my niece, she's 14 and into art, idk if she's ever read a comic
>>
File: Personal Conversation.jpg (479KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
Personal Conversation.jpg
479KB, 1000x1294px
Here's some comics OP might like, then.
>>
>these Muslims are too violent and repressed, with their qarans and their allies akbars. I don't care for them.

>these Muslims are too reasonable and worldly, with their openness to other cultures and ideas and art. I don't care for them.

All of 4chan "I'm not racist BUt" posting.

10/10 made me reply honestly and emotionally.
>>
>>84530166
No, but it doesn't make it alright to be a warmonger if the religion preaches the opposite. And americans are warmongers.
>>
>>84530188
is that age appropriate? I think it is, but kids are weirdly sheltered these days
>>
>>84530166
Christianity, at least the New Testament stuff. I don't really remember Jesus or any of the other guys fighting back. In fact, nonviolence was a pretty important part of the whole thing.
>>
>>84529592
>They believe in tolerating religions, including Islam, only to a point.

Fuck Islam and above all, fuck you.
>>
File: why hijab.png (1MB, 1209x3552px) Image search: [Google]
why hijab.png
1MB, 1209x3552px
>>84530187
>>don't wipe your makeup with a cloth
t. someone who has obviously never worn makeup in their life.
>>
>>84529963
>I disagree with him so I'll just call him pretentious
This board needs to get some balls and stop shying away from discourse.
>>
>>84529993
So? Islam is truth.
>>84530033
Left.
>Americanized culture,women act like whores and the culture is globalist reflecting not on Iran or Afghanistan but on America.
Right
>Traditional dress that reflects Afghanistan and Iran. Women aren't whores and are modest and save themselves for marriage for the most part.

Fuck off you globalist faggots, not everyone has to adhere to your feminism,capitalism and democracy. We humiliated the Soviets and we have humialiated NATO.
>>84530117
Because they are Marxist scum who view us as a means to an end. They see Muslims in their nation as just votes, and the idiotic Marxist lemming regurgitates what ever their leaders tell them.
>>84530116
There is no 'moderate' Islam, there is the true form of Monotheism and its values and principles or you have apostasy and degeneracy. tl:dr Islam isn't a buffet you don't choose what you want, you follow it all. >>84529523
Khomeini betrayed Sunnis in Afghanistan and oppresses the Sunnis in Iran. But he at least is anti-Jew and anti-degeneracy to a degree. Marxists are scum that should all be removed or reeducated.
>>84530187
>Blaming a random man to hide her own indecency and causing him to be harmed by a soldier for no reason.
What a disgusting whore, and I guess the reader is supposed to sympathize with her because she's 'le stronk independent womyn xD' because she can't be fucked by ten different guys in a week and still have a beta orbiter husband by the time she is thirty. Sickening how many 'men' would still defend this skank out of misinterpreted 'chivalry' with their suicidal altruism.
>>
File: 1382950582343.png (301KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1382950582343.png
301KB, 512x384px
>>84530236
Here's to (You) Nikola and Bart
>>
>>84530204
but then anon ate the third Muslim, and she was juuuuuust right.
>>
>>84530076
Joyce's mastery of the English language is unparalleled.

>>84530134
I'm open to your suggestions. I only listed what I've seen hailed as the greatest achievements in the history of comics.

>>84530121
>Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four is the "great American novel"

So the level of a Steinbeck of a Faulkner at most?
>>
>>84530033
Check 'em
>>
>>84530230
Are my other points not worthy of attention? She fucked a random stranger's life to cover her own irresponsibility.
>>
File: This+is+now+a+bait+thread.jpg (17KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
This+is+now+a+bait+thread.jpg
17KB, 527x409px
I don't have bait macros fancy enough for this shit.
>>
>>84530258
>If he disagrees with me he's bait so I'm just gonna respond with a meme
Nice one man, really proved me wrong friendo.
>>
>>84530177
You will see writers and artists attempting to create more mature comics when they think that mature comics are a financially viable career path.

As long as Marvel and DC dominate the market, many artists and writers will be unwilling to leave behind juvenile comics, due to their fear that the smaller audience of mature comics will not have the fiscal resources to sustain their lifestyles.

We on /co/ can take responsibility and do our part to help out by:
>buying fewer DC/Marvel comics
>buying more creator-owned comics
>encouraging others to do the same
>>
>>84530204
>All of 4chan "I'm not racist BUt" posting.

What the fuck are you talking about? 4Chan IS massively racist against everyone you stupid faggot.
>>
>>84530204
Islam isn't a race though, it's a religion. Nobody complains when I criticize Scientology but the second I criticize Islam everyone freaks out.
>>
>>84530187
That's really fucked-up.
>>
File: 1460769009369.jpg (45KB, 634x561px) Image search: [Google]
1460769009369.jpg
45KB, 634x561px
>>84530293
>4Chan

Get out.
>>
>>84530285
>You will see writers and artists attempting to create more mature comics when they think that mature comics are a financially viable career path.
Image is attempting though. Many creators have gone there after establishing their names thanks to Marvel and DC.
But they don't get enough press unless they get TV shows or movie adaptations.
>>
>>84530294

Because one of those towel heads will start shooting someone.

Man. I remember when ISIS tried this shit in Mexico. The pussies decided against it after drug dealers told them that they would drown their precious qurans in their filthy muslim blood.
>>
>>84530268
It's a doggy dog world, and sometimes people have to do shi**y things to survive.
>>
>>84530314

No
>>
>>84529923
Her grandmother called her a bitch.
>>
>>84530236
> the reader is supposed to sympathize with her because she's 'le stronk independent womyn xD'

Her Grandmother told her what a shitty move she pulled and told her she was a disgrace for that. She wasn't rewarded for her behavior, nor made out to be some hero for it.
>>
>>84530321
Got a link? I'd like to read about this.
>>
>>84530314
This, the correct way to write it is "Four-Chan"
>>
>>84530262
>Joyce's mastery of the English language is unparalleled
Really? That's what you call 'elegant'?
I love Joyce, but elegant is not the appropiate word to describe him, you fucking posseur.

>>84530323
>shi**y
>tripfaggotry
>on 4chan
Fuck summer.
>>
>>84530187
You said that she did it "for the lulz", but she clearly did it to protect herself.

Why would you lie?

Do you think that lying is okay?

Do you just lie whenever you feel like it?

Be honest, Anon, are you actually a sociopath?
>>
>>84530321
>Man. I remember when ISIS tried this shit in Mexico. The pussies decided against it after drug dealers told them that they would drown their precious qurans in their filthy muslim blood.

Give me a link to this. This sounds like a crock of shit, ISIS is far more experienced,coordinated and hardcore than any cartel.
>>
>>84530323
That's not a shield from criticism.
>>
File: 1393862322734.png (207KB, 323x276px) Image search: [Google]
1393862322734.png
207KB, 323x276px
>>84530323
>shi**y
>>
I'd rather read Single Asian Female than shitty collected serials 'books' by hacks who got paid by the word.
>>
>>84529720
ajajajajaja
no
>>
File: 1461809028688.jpg (57KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1461809028688.jpg
57KB, 500x403px
>>
>>84530342

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/mexican-drug-lord-el-chapo-threatens-islamic-state-article-1.2462472

El Chapo is a fucking faggot that deserves all the shit that is coming his way. Cartels are monsters. This shit would be like watching Freddy and Jason duke it out, hoping one will kill the other.
>>
>>84530262
>I'm open to your suggestions.
No you're not. You ignored >>84529888 for one.
>>
>>84530368
I know. I'm just saying, I can sympathize.
>>
>>84530392

It's actually a hoax. But one can dream.
>>
File: 12400589.png (176KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
12400589.png
176KB, 960x960px
>>84529523
>>
>>84530382
Quevedo is a mediocre piece of shite.
Calderon de la Barca is the real deal.
>>
>>84530348
> but elegant is not the appropiate word to describe him

Stop imposing your narrow conceptions on me you dilettante
>>
>>84530209
>No, but it doesn't make it alright to be a warmonger if the religion preaches the opposite.
One can be peaceful and still cover their bases in case shit goes pear shaped.
> And americans are warmongers.
Eurocuck please don't you have a crumbling union to salvage?
>Christianity, at least the New Testament stuff. I don't really remember Jesus or any of the other guys fighting back.
I'm pretty sure "turn the other cheek" operates under the assumption the other guy isn't trying to kill you, I could be wrong though.
I figure the point of the message is to avoid conflict and prevent escalation rather than just allow yourself to be killed, like I said above don't know being that I'm not christian myself.
>>
>>84530236
Lel, sure kiddo. What a nice post devoid of hate and spite, can't see why the world hates Islam
>>
Thought the art of the graphic novel looked half-assed a lot of the time despite looking cool and striking at others.
>>
>>84530404
I was insulted by his haughty attitude so I didn't reply.
>>
>>84530262
Love & Rockets
Peanuts
Calvin & Hobbes
Jeff Lemire
Chester Brown
Michael DeForge
I'll stop for now
>>
>>84530422
Stop trying to justify your warmonger ways, ameripig. Jesus doesn't want you to be violent, period.
Also my country is as violent, but not for religious reasons.
>>
>>84530427
When you see pictures of babies incinerated by bombs dropped by America,corporations exploiting your resources and the entire world fighting against the true form of your religion, while flooding it with degeneracy for literally hundreds of years. Maybe you will understand why true Muslims are full of hate and spite, you cuckold.
>>
>>84530230
>That comic
What?
Is it implying that she is literally incapable of blowing anybody that asks and that wearing a hijab makes nobody want to fuck her?
Because I have some hijab porn on my hdd that would suggest the opposite.
>>
File: 3119604232_1be4318f5a.jpg (147KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3119604232_1be4318f5a.jpg
147KB, 500x375px
I think we all need to step back, take a moment and refresh ourselves.
>>
>>84530360
You'd be surprised at how technologically advanced and experienced some of the Mexican cartels are in combat. It's almost hard to believe.
>>
>>84530453
Yes
>>
>>84530419
>Calderon de la Barca
La Vida es Sueño alone is worthier than the entire work of Gaiman, yes, but to say he is superior to Quevedo is the plebiest possible opinion.
de la Barca didn't even wrote poems about negros
>>
>>84530422
If you want to be violent don't use Christianity as an excuse.
>>
>>84530435
Well, now's your chance to correct your mistake. Lay a fresh reply on me.

Alan Moore says:
>Cerebus, as if I need to say so, is still to comic books what Hydrogen is to the Periodic Table, and is one of the only comics that I still read and enjoy regularly every month.

Neil Gaiman says:
>I'm sometimes a good writer. It irks me that Dave is, in my opinion (and when he's firing on all cylinders) as good as, or (okay, I'll say it) better than me, and he's had longer to be good. It also irks me that he's a far, far better artist than I'll ever be, and that he's a better publisher than the majority of us (particularly those of us who really couldn't run a successful lemonade stand).

High praise for Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark. Why haven't you read it yet?
>>
Well, they could starve AND have their own life choices as filthy communist rather than just starve as filthy kebabs.
>>
>>84530441
>recommending newspaper funnies as the pinnacle of the comic medium

haha oh wow.
>>
>>84530420
>ayy he is elegant because he uses rare words
>not because of his mastery of the narrative and his witty use of motifs and clichés of the different narrative disciplines to convey a glorious satire of the Irish society
You are a retarded posseur that needs to go back to /trash/
>>
>>84530259
Ha
>>
>>84530476
>High praise for Dave Sim's Cerebus the Aardvark
And yet the guy is starving
>>
>>84530494
>it's not good unless it's financially successful
Uh oh.
>>
>>84530293

Don't presume to tell me what this armenian basket-weaving image board is for, punklegs.
>>
>>84530236
>tl:dr Islam isn't a buffet you don't choose what you want
That is literally what all modern religion is.
Protestantism was created because the King wanted a divorce, Mormonism because Joesph Smith wanted to have multiple wives and exclude blacks from heaven or something, Jews don't all live like the Orthodox weirdos.
People have been picking and choosing since the days of the pre christian irish choosing which gods to worship and which not to.
>Marxists are scum that should all be removed or reeducated.
Well at least there is something we can all agree on.
>>
>>84530476
>Why haven't you read it yet?

Because normally I read books. The reason I picked up the others is because there's a perpetual buzz about them as being particularly stellar examples from the comic medium.
>>
>>84530505
>punklegs.

What?
>>
>>84530230
I love how that comic ends up having the exact opposite message than intended. It appears she is literally incapable of not being a slut without the help of a big sheet over her head. Like without the hijab she would fuck every guy that talks to her.
>>
>>84530453
>Is it implying that she is literally incapable of blowing anybody that asks and that wearing a hijab makes nobody want to fuck her?
Everyone has a weakness. Some girls have trouble saying no, and I think there are a lot of guys who can sense that and exploit it. She recognized her own weakness, and in doing so, found strength.
>>
>>84530055
As theys hould. Muslims are batshit insane.
>>
>>84529523
>Racist against arabs

lol

Over 1,000 years later and they STILL mad we cucked them

t. Christian Arab
>>
>>84530441
Thanks, I'll look into these, but I can't promise I'll read them.
>>
>>84530486
>his witty use of motifs and clichés of the different narrative disciplines to convey a glorious satire of the Irish society
that alone is way better than Gaiman's incessant leeching of shakespear.
In any case it's not like anglo literature is anything special
>>
>>84530474
Last I checked very few people do anymore.
The only radical american christian groups that come to mind are the westbaro baptists and they haven't so much as injured a person yet and less you count making your ears bleed with their moronic squawking.
>>
>>84530529
She's not a slut.
>>
>>84530486
You have deluded yourself. Sad!
>>
File: eddd.jpg (20KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
eddd.jpg
20KB, 248x203px
ITT: Moors being jelly that she got SPICD', by a fag no less
>>
>>84530236

Don't you have a suicide bombing to attend?
>>
>>84530511
Watchmen and Sandman get the buzz from casuals. As you can see from those quotes, Cerebus gets the buzz from the people who created Watchmen (Alan Moore) and Sandman (Neil Gaiman). It gets the serious buzz from the serious comics people.

Now that you have been educated, you owe it to yourself to track it down and read the whole thing.
>>
>>84530531
>Everyone has a weakness
Hers is evidently cock
>Some girls have trouble saying no
Are they potatoes?
> and I think there are a lot of guys who can sense that and exploit it.
Everything is exploitation
You are currently exploiting the air to breathe and the universe to supply the physical space you occupy.
>She recognized her own weakness, and in doing so, found strength.
And with that strength she can now suck even more cocks!
>>
>>84530465
Sure they have some modern rifles,armored vehicles and some crudely made submarines. But you need to take into account, its literally dozens of cartels and maybe like five main confederations of cartels. They have never experienced conventional warfare or asymmetrical warfare. They only fight Mexican police and army, that are mostly paid off and government isn't serious about fighting them. Meanwhile ISIS fights against the entire world while somehow retaining ground, and sometimes gaining ground, this isn't something that cartels could even dream of obtaining. What also can be accounted for is the ideology and motive behind fighing, for a Mujahid, he is fighting for his Ummah and Islam as a whole, he is eager to die so he can achieve martyrdom compare this to a cartel member that fights only for money and earthly gained nonsense.
tl:dr Cartels are unorganized gangs that fight paid off police and military. ISIS is organized and fights basically every modern military in the world.
>>84530506
>That is literally what all modern religion is.
That's not true, those religions weren't serious about their faith because they have, as a collective, become apostates to their very own principles and values. Apostates exist everywhere, but you cannot find more apostates than the religion (and sects within it) in Christianity. They have completely destroyed their faith, they have gone from a warrior's religion to a weakling's religion, they have gone from a patriarchal religion, to a feminine one, for these reasons they have already engaged in not just apostasy, but collective suicide.
>>84530562
Don't you have a cuckshed to go to?
>>
>>84530555
Then she should be capable of talking to a guy without worrying about having voluntary sex with him. If the only thing that protects her from doing sexual acts is a cloth on her head then she is pretty repressed.

Nothing wrong with being a slut, it's just sad that the girl in the comic needs to repress her desires and kill off mens interest in her since she is incapable of just saying "no" when asked out on a date.
>>
>>84530506
Protestantism was created for the reformation ya dink.
>>
>>84530579
I pity you. Really.
>>
>>84530230
>That comic
That kid is going to grow up with with a really warped view on relationships and sex.
She views herself as weak to people she's attracted to and seems to justify it with her 'shy' personality. Her solution to the problem seems to be to throw up a cultural barrier, this for certain will result in her being socially ostracised, especially when she eventually meets a person she finds attractive living on the same side of the barrier as her.
>>
>>84529673
Read Concrete maybe, that could be right up your alley.
>>
>>84530587
>Meanwhile ISIS fights against the entire world while somehow retaining ground, and sometimes gaining ground, this isn't something that cartels could even dream of obtaining. What also can be accounted for is the ideology and motive behind fighing, for a Mujahid, he is fighting for his Ummah and Islam as a whole, he is eager to die so he can achieve martyrdom compare this to a cartel member that fights only for money and earthly gained nonsense.
That's becasue they have direct access to recruits, are extremely familiar within their area, and thus have both great numbers and direct access to a civilian population to recruit and hide their members.
In mexico they wouldn't have that shit, the cartels would just round up every arab sounding motherfucker around their turfs and kill them, as they have those very same advantages in their own territory
Also, they are anything but unorganized.
>>
>>84529578
>implying Western Shah Shill I didn't kill people with a secret police taught by the CIA
>>
File: poor refugee.jpg (99KB, 960x911px) Image search: [Google]
poor refugee.jpg
99KB, 960x911px
>>84530613
same here
>>
File: jason_heywait.jpg (76KB, 518x560px) Image search: [Google]
jason_heywait.jpg
76KB, 518x560px
Why aren't you reading the works of Jason?
>>
>>84530468
Honestly, I love The Sandman, but really you can't make a comparison between two pieces from different times, less if a later piece is influenced by the former.

Calderon de la Barca is part of the holy trinity of Spanish writers along with Unamuno and Borges (literally the three aspects of the great god Cervantes), while Quevedo is light shit for whores and niggers.

Also, La Vida es Sueño is entry-level faggotry. El Alcalde de Zalamea and El Gran Teatro del Mundo is the real spanish experience.

>>84530541
Gaiman is the biggest achievement on the genre. He knows how to use the medium without meta-wankery. Also, I love his little homages to great literature books, like that whole volume that was a homage to story collections with framing devices like the Decameron, the Canterbury Tales and the Arabian Nights.
Honestly, I don't expect any comic writer to compare to (kek) real writers, because the genre is really new, but at least we had a lot of britbongs that raised the bar of what was considered a good narrative.

>In any case it's not like anglo literature is anything special
Agreed.

>>84530556
Ayy lmao, what a faggot.
>>
>>84530598
>Nothing wrong with being a slut, it's just sad that the girl in the comic needs to repress her desires
They both want different things, obviously. She would obviously have been interested in dating him, but he just wants a booty-call.

>>84530615
I hope not.
>>
File: 215165161.jpg (72KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
215165161.jpg
72KB, 1200x630px
>>84530230
>>84530555
>>
>>84530637
>genre
Stop, please.
>>
>>84530587
>That's not true, those religions weren't serious about their faith because they have, as a collective, become apostates to their very own principles and values. Apostates exist everywhere, but you cannot find more apostates than the religion (and sects within it) in Christianity. They have completely destroyed their faith, they have gone from a warrior's religion to a weakling's religion, they have gone from a patriarchal religion, to a feminine one, for these reasons they have already engaged in not just apostasy, but collective suicide.
Christianity was never orginial to begin with nearly all the traditions and mythologies were approriated from other religions (which were themselves taken from other religions and so on...) and then warped to fit what the powers that be wanted the religion to be.
And Christianity is not unique in this.
I would say that the only religions that were not bastardized versions of others were the pagan ones but even that is not true (there were like twenty different takes on the nordic gods alone ranging from regions as far as iceland to the alps) there is nothing new under the sun and religion is now exception.
>>
Kek, it's pretty ironic ,or not, that islamtards have roughly the same discourse as /pol/esmokers.

Well I guess it is to be expected, modern jihadists own everything to cuckservatives.
>>
>>84530652
Every girl you know probably has a story about one time when she didn't want to do something, but didn't know how to say no (without hurting his feelings, losing social standing, being seen as "prude", etc.)

It's not as uncommon as you'd probably like to think.
>>
>>84530656
Oh, i ruiner my whole post.
I mean, MEDIUM.

M E D I U M
E
D
I
U
M

Retarded cocksucker, stop dismissing complete posts because of a fucking word.
>>
>>84530628
Nigga you don't get it, you seem to think that cartels are more hardcore than ISIS but in reality ISIS is more hardcore because they are ideologically and religiously motivated, these niggas LITERALLY want to die on the battlefield. Materialists don't feel that feeling, they aren't true believers.
>In mexico they wouldn't have that shit, the cartels would just round up every arab sounding motherfucker around their turfs and kill them, as they have those very same advantages in their own territory Also, they are anything but unorganized.

Fair points, but I cannot see ISIS losing to cartels as they would just slaughter literally everyone involved in the drug manufacturing and transportation. Taliban did the same exact thing in Afghanistan, except the people that were making opium in Afghanistan were combat experienced and had leftover Soviet armor and equipment. And the Taliban managed to annihilate all of these groups and bring down opium trade by 99%, over 1/3rd of the world's supply of opium was annihilated.
>>
>>84530637
If you insist on a trinity, GarcĂ­a Marquez > Unamuno. Also its unicanny how every time I post Quevedo delaBarca fags jump at me and vice versa
also
Im moslty just shitposting m8
>>
>>84530715
I'm shitposting too, mate

I like Garcia Marquez, but Unamuno is GOAT.

At least can we agree that Borges > Sabato > Cortazar?
>>
>>84530639
Then maybe she shouldn't assume every guy who talks to her wants sex. If he did just want sex, she should be able to refuse. I have heard many valid reasons why people wear hijabs, but I feel that wearing one just because she apparently can't make her own decisions is kinda silly.

Why can't she just explain to the reader that she wears it because of her religion instead of trying to spin it into her needing it due to her own lack of self-control. I think I may be reading a bit too deeply into this though.
>>
>>84530697
>Taliban did the same exact thing in Afghanistan
Yes, and I know they are capable of dismantling Cartel operations, but you should consider that the logistics to act within the ME and Europe are way different than those involved with undertaking a serious engagement around the atlantic.
It simply isn't practical for ISIS given its current concerns, them being actually capable to do them or not
>>
>>84530745
I agree on that, Borges is toptier
>>
>>84530628

I thinks it's mostly because one receives massive monetary aid from the richest oil exporting countries and the other doesn't.
>>
File: Santa Muerte Blanca.jpg (51KB, 443x580px) Image search: [Google]
Santa Muerte Blanca.jpg
51KB, 443x580px
>>84530697

>they aren't true believers

They have a fucking death goddess.
>>
>>84530451
>Jesus doesn't want violence
>allows his Apostles to own swords

He didn't let Peter carve up the Roman guards because he knew his time had come.
>>
File: teaspoon.jpg (20KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
teaspoon.jpg
20KB, 370x370px
>>84530749
>>
>>84530117
It's blatantly stated in the Quran to rape and strike your women if they misbehave.

If someone who's Muslim wishes to integrate into a modern society, of course they're gonna be more secular.
>>
>>84530866
He's right though.
>>
>>84530697

>Taliban did the same exact thing in Afghanistan, except the people that were making opium in Afghanistan were combat experienced and had leftover Soviet armor and equipment. And the Taliban managed to annihilate all of these groups and bring down opium trade by 99%, over 1/3rd of the world's supply of opium was annihilated.

You mean the opium fields given to the mujahedeen by the CIA? You mean the power struggle between the Taliban warlords who lead the different bands?

>annihilated

You mean exported, drugs are literally Afghanistan's #1 export.
>>
File: commiebusters.jpg (164KB, 1200x971px) Image search: [Google]
commiebusters.jpg
164KB, 1200x971px
posting relevant kelly
>>
>>84529523
Woah there, Mohammed.

Take a chill pill.
>>
It's not a stereotype, it's a reality. Well off religious people aren't that religious. Why would they be? Religion maintains social order and guarantees public morals line up for everyone. In an advanced, rich society, the government maintains social order and acts as a universal, secular faith and education dispels most myths and turns them into metaphors. You don't turn to god to define the law, it's already on the books. You don't pray to god for rain, it's already in the forecast.
>>
>>84531006
I think OP is just trolling because sometimes that's the only way to get people to discuss something.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 356x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 356x457px
>>84530236
t. jihad john's ghost
>>
>>84529523
I don't hate Persepolis, but I doubt I'd like Marjana Satrapi as a person. She seems like your average counterculture type who lucked into a book deal because she happened to come from another country. Her story seems very deep and meaningful but you realize that in the end she hasn't really done anything worth talking about. Her family was interesting, and the situation she was in, of having to deal with immigration, was interesting, but she wasn't interesting.
>>
>>84529523

But anon, that's true

Either that or a dead muslim
>>
>>84531050
Like you're doing with that ridiculous hijab comic?
>>
>>84530691
He's maymaying you bro.
Evans iconic laugh happens after the actor portraying Hawkye calls Blackwidow a slut.

You're a cool trip fag dude, stick around.
>>
>>84530265
They are in the bottom right
>>
>>84531138
I mean, obviously OP is being satirical, right?

I could understand someone legitimately holding those opinions, but they were really crass about it.
>>
>>84529673
>the elegance of Joyce
I wrote you a letter
>>
>>84530637
Couldn't agree with you more on Gaiman Anon.
Too many times I see comic writers try to be smarmy and clever with their writing when trying to write an engaging piece of literature, only for them to fall flat on their face because they can't pace themselves or are trying to have their cake and eat it when depicting conflicting tones for the meta-narrative.

This is where I get incredibly upset at writers like Kevin Smith, Brian Michael Bendis or Mark Millar. All of these writers have demonstrated the ability to deliver witty comedy and character interaction, but will use the meta-narrative to jack themselves off on how clever they are.

Unfunnies isn't a comic about Hanna Barbera cartoons raping and goring each other, it's a comic about Mark Millar giving you a premise of turning something family friendly into something that offends everyone and does it on ad nauseam: Look at how subversive and witty I am!
Kevin Smith's widening Gyre isn't a detective mystery about the bad guys getting serious, it's about cardboard characters talking about sex and grotesque shit in a witty way: Look at how subversive and witty I am!
Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a pulp space adventure, it's about BMB justifying the ends by the means to manipulate characters into places that he personally likes: Look at how subversive and witty I am!
>>
File: 1468605800879.jpg (28KB, 192x214px) Image search: [Google]
1468605800879.jpg
28KB, 192x214px
Why don't more foreigners turned expats like satrapi make more comics about their homeland?
>>
>>84529523
>Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim at all,
But that is also true of jews and christians
>>
So are Muslims able to pick and choose what traditions, rituals, and practices to uphold in their spiritual lives, no different from Christians ignoring all the crazy shit in the Bible? Barring oppressive external pressures forcing them to comply in certain places.
>>
>>84531100
I think you and I could be friends Anon. It seems like you're able to distinguish between liking a piece of literature and peronsally the characters or author.

I love GG Allin, but I think he's personally a piece of shit.
>>
>>84531414
No, the Quran is supposedly the literal word of god, they have no choice but to obey. Compare this to the bible which is told through man, book of luke, book of matthew etc which is why Christians can pick and choose easily.
>>
>>84530109
>if somebody isn't a violent, wife-beating, close-minded, IS sympathizing barbarian, they can't be a good Muslim
Well, he's right.
Religion of piss not even once.
>>
>>84531414
Yeah, but they'd probably be seen as kafirs by other Muslims. The teachings of the Quran are pretty absolute and to the point, so if you reject any of it, you're basically a shitty Muslim.
>>
>>84529673
>The Watchmen
>The
>Watchmen
>>
>persian
>racist against arabs

THIS HAS TO BE BAIT
>>
>>84531465
I see. Personally, I resent the fact that Christians didn't keep the books with the real weird shit in it. The giant half-human angel spawn and whatnot.
>>
File: lit and pol.png (280KB, 688x1251px) Image search: [Google]
lit and pol.png
280KB, 688x1251px
>pretentious /lit/ards shit a thread up again
It's like I'm on /his/ again.
>>
>>84531100
>counterculture

And yet I bet you'd bitch about /pol/

She came from a fucking Islamic theocracy
>>
>>84531414

It's easy for Christians because the bible is a gigantic clusterfuck.
>>
>>84531517
/co/ has a pretty warped idea of what pretension is.
>>
>>84530076
Andrew Hussie is the Joyce of the 21st century.
>>
>>84529993
Wahhabism has nothing to do with ISIS or Iran

ISIS is Salafist, not Wahhabist

>>84529865
No, he can't

>>84529746
Islam has plenty of theological discourse. It just happens that while all other major religions are based on the "I won't hit you if you don't try to hit me first" principle Islam is "I'm going to hit you first"

>>84529780
>"We belong to the Church Militant and she is militant because on earth the powers of darkness are very restless to encompass her destruction." - Pope Pius XII.
>>
>>84529523
>Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim at all, but has a quirky accent and lets you have more diversity in your coffee-sucking hipster dipshit circle of friends.

Yes.

>strangely racist against Arabs

Haha, why "strangely" ? :^)
>>
>>84529981
You realize Jesus told his followers to carry swords in case people tried to kill them right? Christianity is a religion of peace, not of suicidal pacifism.
>>
>>84531528
>LOOK AT ME I'M WAY TOO INTELLIGENT FOR YOU GENRE FICTION, MY MEDIUM IS INHERENTLY BETTER THAN YOURS, DID I MENTION HOW MUCH I HATE GENRE FICTION
Sounds pretentious to me. Fuck off back to /lit/
>>
>>84529523
Well then solve it like a muslim would and throw acid in her face
>>
>>84530222
Uh no it wasn't. Jesus only went peacefully because he had to fulfill the prophecies and die as a human as penance for all humanity

He never said "hey if some guy wants to kill you just let him do it!"

>>84530474
>hunting terrorists because of 9/11
>HURR CLEARLY THIS IS A CHRISTIAN HOLY WAR

Are you a muslim perchance?
>>
>>84529736
So it shrunk beyond the point.
>>
>>84531578
>Look at me I'm typing in all caps and incorrectly paraphrasing my opponent in a desperate attempt to make him look outlandish and discredit everything he said
Why are you the way that you are.
>>
>>84530534
>Christian Arab
>cucking anybody
>>
>>84530506
>Protestantism was created because the King wanted a divorce
No, it was created because Luther wanted to fuck nuns but was too autistic to just do it on the down-low like all the other priests.
>>
>>84529803
That was the whole point from the beginning, Christianity was just a small obscure cult until the powers in Rome decided to put it up as the official state religion, they didn't pick Christianity because it was the most popular or morally correct, they picked it bacause it could be easily dismantled and put back together to suit the cultural ideals of the day.
>>
>>84531602
I don't need to make you look "outlandish".
You look plenty of idiotic on your own.
>incorrectly
Just because you're trying to believe that doesn't mean it's true. Go back to your shit board and roam with your bunch of retards who are desperately trying to compensate for being too dumb for a good job in STEM fields.
>>
>>84531465
Actually christians are forbidden from offending people, particularly by having bad table manners

“I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.” – Romans 14:14-15
>>
>>84531635
Jesus makes his friends eat his flesh and drink his blood, and then has the gall to accuse others of bad table manners and get pissy about it?
>>
>>84531514
Well the book of revelations is still canon, plenty of horrific abstract abominations in there.
>>
>>84531656
Well, sorry to disappoint you but the show's over.
You're not entertaining or intelligent enough to even bother to argue with.
>>>/lit/
>>
>>84531514
Noncanon doesn't mean never happened. Perhaps the church is evil.
>>
>>84531635
Yeah that's bullshit and you're an idiot

Otherwise Jesus wouldn't have offended the Pharisees when he told them to fuck off, the entire point of Christianity is being unrepetently Christian
>>
>>84531620
>pick Christianity

They didn't pick anything, they were forced to adopt it because of the make up of the population. The people forced Christianity on Rome, not the other way around..
>>
>>84529523
>marxism
>welcome in europe
Not on my watch you fuckin' wankstain
>>
>>84531518
She idolizes Marx and listens to the Sex Pistols, smokes weed, and majored in art. She's counterculture even by western standards.

Again, that's the point of the comic, it's all about how she's an outsider and outcast in both her countries (Iran and France). To be Marjane Satrapi is to suffer.
>>
>>84531709
Please keep your retarded protestant fanfiction to yourself
>>
>>84531699
Come on anon, don't be like that.
>>
>>84531730
I like the sex pistols though
>>
>>84531722
They werent the first eastern religion to gain popularity and demand domination and they wouldn't have been the last of the powers that be hadn't changed their tactics and invented their Ă  la carte version of Christianity
>>
>>84531748
It's been forever since I listened to punk rock. I always thought the Sex Pistols were "too mainstream" and preferred to listen to Crass or The Damned, though.
>>
>>84531758
They made the best of a situation, but Rome had no choice but to adopt Christianity if they wanted to maintain the empire. It's not like they decided to promote a religion as means of control, they would have much rather stayed with the old system of the emperor being divine.
>>
File: Marjane-Satrapi1.jpg (34KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
Marjane-Satrapi1.jpg
34KB, 500x497px
>>84531730
>To be Marjane Satrapi is to suffer.
K
>>
>>84531741
>These human beings who claim knowledge of the divine can surely be trusted

Yeah right

Enjoy dying and finding out the entire proto-jew pantheon is still there
>>
>>84531789
Good point, well made.
>>
File: 1448223924073.jpg (163KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
1448223924073.jpg
163KB, 622x626px
>>84531831
>>
File: 1339257529374.png (120KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1339257529374.png
120KB, 239x211px
>>84531831
I unironically agree with this statement.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (101KB, 490x475px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
101KB, 490x475px
>>84531918
>Just look at what happened in France the other day; some lunatic ran a truck into a crowd of innocent people.

That wasn't very "Nice" of him.
>>
>>84531929
That's a little fucked up, Carlos.
>>
>>84531831
They have the capacity for greatness, and are equal, if not, better than us in average intelligence. What they actually lack is determination and basic reasoning. Men have more drive, and are just naturally better at making correct decisions. Women are also worse (abysmal even) at forming and maintaining social bonds. And that is a very important skill for people like leaders and scholars. Women are also largely incapable of being selfless, everything they do has to benefit them alone in some way, even if it's only subconsciously.

They have a multitude of flaws, and are clearly inferior. But to call them subhumans, and desire them culled is a bit harsh.
>>
File: osamabinfreedum.jpg (588KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
osamabinfreedum.jpg
588KB, 2151x1606px
Will muslims ever be anything aside from useful idiots?
>>
>>84531961
They are living the way people tell them based on nothing but esotheric books, so no.
>>
>>84531465
But who wrote the Quran?
God didn't roll up to library one day and drop it on the desk.
>>
>>84529523
I hated Persepolis too, and I'm french !
>>
>>84529523
Islam should die, along with you
>>
>>84530117
Most Muslims are brown people, so it's racist to point out shady shit in their religion. In Germany a politician lied to the police about her attackers ethnic background (He was a refugee from Syria) so that it wouldn't stir up racism. This is madness, the further the left moves away from where it was, the more I appear to be on the right
>>
this thread is a good proof of how badly /co/ has degraded.
>>
>>84532136
I don't think there's really a definite answer but from what I've read it's generally believed that a handful of Muhammad's companions transcribed it for him because Muhammad was an illiterate bastard.
>>
File: 1429586701209.png (153KB, 353x329px) Image search: [Google]
1429586701209.png
153KB, 353x329px
>>84531955
>>
>>84532239
Where will progress lead if it never stops progressing?

Will pedophilia be legal in 50 years?
>>
>>84532239
That is sadly how the world works. I just don't understand how the far left even manages to reason itself. I have a physics classmate who is an "SJW" and she won't shut up, but i don't understand how or why she chose a subject that requires logical and objective thinking and still believes women in the western world are oppressed, or they are paid less or that 1/4 women will be raped in their life time. I don't want my generation to be know as the overly sensitive one
>>
>>84529523
>Khomeini was the best thing that ever happened to Iran.
Fuck you, you terrorist shill!
>>
>>84532221

they said /pol/ was a board of peace
>>
File: cK7Fr86[1].jpg (64KB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
cK7Fr86[1].jpg
64KB, 540x386px
>>84530222
Are we talking about the same Jesus that when he saw the temple full of merchants kicked everyone's ass for disrespecting the house of his father?
>>
>>84529746
The very meaning of "Islam" is "submission"
>>
>>84529888
Wow, caricature is such a deep genre

Oh look, a reference!
>>
>>84530109
Yes, that's what he is saying.

Muslims aren't good people. So if you are a good person you are not a good muslim.
>>
I don't know if this thread was made by an ISIS Sympathising Muslim fanatic, or a troll bait designed to make muslims as a whole look bad.

Either way, it needs to eat some humble pie.
>>
>>84530323
>It's a doggy dog world
That's "dog eat dog".
>>
>>84529640
Only good muslim is a dead muslim.
>>
>>84529592
When have Hindus clashed with secularists?
>>
File: based monk.jpg (75KB, 579x457px) Image search: [Google]
based monk.jpg
75KB, 579x457px
>>84532821
India have occasional hindu/buddist vs islam conflicts.
>>
>>84529523
how does one "act muslim". Is being an extremist the only way to be a "real" muslim so you can keep your "all muslims are jihadist" headcanon? because that means "real" christians are almost extinct
>>
>>84532891
>Is being an extremist the only way to be a "real" muslim so you can keep your "all muslims are jihadist" headcanon?
Bingo.
>>
>>84529523
Satrapi is the stereotypical European leftist. She's 100% atheist.
>>
>>84532891
>all muslims are extremists
This is a fact.
>>
>>84529673
At least read Maus and Blankets if you're going through the supposed "greatest". I mainly read comics for the illustrations and how they communicate emotions and how the style works with the ideas of the text. If you don't like the art and instead focus completely on the literary value instead of the visual communication, then you may not enjoy comics.
>>
>>84532942
Blankets sucks. Read Love & Rockets.
>>
>>84532934
>1/7 of the world population are literally terrorists
Thank God I live in the real world and not in this redpill fever dream.
>>
>>84532934
>all straight white men are rapists
This is fact
>>
>>84532955
You are living in a delusion. Islam is evil, that is all their is too it
>>
>>84532975
white people hold the title for most murder of entire civilizations and yet a fraction of onje of the biggest religions makes them all evil? what a hypocritical faggot.
>>
File: o.jpg (81KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
81KB, 500x373px
>>84530084
It's /co/, what do you think?
>>
File: 1468545773537.png (451KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1468545773537.png
451KB, 768x1280px
>>84532997
>>
>>84532975
Oh, they're bad guys, just like in cartoons and comics. Hopefully the forces of light and truth can overcome their satanism and your horrible spelling.
>>
File: CnXnTRgWgAAjboa.jpg (34KB, 490x323px) Image search: [Google]
CnXnTRgWgAAjboa.jpg
34KB, 490x323px
>>
File: 1436668400173.jpg (31KB, 603x604px) Image search: [Google]
1436668400173.jpg
31KB, 603x604px
>>84529673
So you read the most casual entry-level shit possible and now you feel qualified to comment on the entire medium.
Tell me how you feel about the merits of film after watching Transformers 9.
>>
File: Hitlerseated2.jpg (19KB, 385x358px) Image search: [Google]
Hitlerseated2.jpg
19KB, 385x358px
>>84533014
>one man speaks for all of islam
We guess I know who to nominate to speak for christians and whites
>>
>>84529523
well, yes, western society doesn't like religious retards. neither do a lot of iranians
>she's not a real muslim
keep that in mind next time you complain about something offending "1,7 billion muslim". guess it will be a lot less once you substract muslim women who don't hide thier hair, muslims who drink, muslims who don't go to the mosque, gay muslims, muslim terrorists, muslim women married to kafir, etc (and let's not even begin with closetet aheists)
>>
>>84533014
>look this one guy represents 1/7th of the human population even the ones who don't agree with him
Why is /pol/ so retarded?
>>
>>84532997
It's not even a small amount of people though, a rather significant chunk of Muslims believe that stoning someone to death, throwing gays of buildings and believing that apostates should be killed is a good thing. How does this not make them bad people? Guess they get a pass because it's "Just their culture"

The lie of the small minority is a lie. Sure the likes of ISIS is a very small percentage, but you have a large portion of these people who believe in disgusting things. Conservative Islam is disgusting
>>
>>84530232
>>84530007
No seriously the posts read like pretentious crap
>>
>>84533081
>muslim just acted on the well established beliefs of a blood thirsty and devious religion.
>>
>>84533059
yeah. Jesus.
>>
>>84532953
>Blankets sucks
It didn't give you the feels at all?
>>
>>84533059
>we guess i know.
Hearing satan's voice again mohammed?
>>
File: autism deals in absolutes.webm (248KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
autism deals in absolutes.webm
248KB, 720x405px
>>84533083
there's a difference between some and all. a vast chunk of conservative whites were racists and literal slavers. does that mean all whites are racists because of them? white men commit the most rape in america, are all white men rapists now?
>>
>>84533084
Pretty sure you just have poor intuition
>>
>>84533112
>all this hatred for white men
Did we drone strike your goatwife ahmed? Hope she died screaming.
>>
>>84533129
>I don't know what a double standard is

see this pic again >>84533112 I'm going to redirect you to it every time you say something retarded.
>>
>>84533112
all men are rapists. Haven't you been keeping up with your feminism. Besides proportionally it's everyone but the Asians beating out white guys in terms of...everything bad.
>>
>>84533142
Oh no, i am totally fine with your goat fucking ass hating white people. Just drop the story that you and your pedo prophet are some kind of religion of peace.
>>
>>84533112
Nah white people ended most slavery even going as far to force it on non whites.
>>
>>84529665
>That whole religion just needs to chill out and not take religion so seriously
Applies to most religions. Certainly true for anyone killing for god.
It's just supposed to be some stories to answer bronze age mythology and make you feel better about bleak existentialism, don't fucking base your life around it.
>>
>>84533168
damn right off the bat see the pic >>84533112

>>84533154
see the pic >>84533112

>>84533169
>ending what you started is a good thing
>still not grasping a basic double standard because it applies to you
Yeeeah see >>84533112

Only
Autism
Deals
In absolutes.
>>
>>84530008
If peace and stability is achieved, what moral degradation has occurred? Is that not the social state of greatest moral good?
>>
>>84533154
That's the point anon, you're being as rational as a feminist.
>>
>>84533190
>white people started slavery
really now? also most possibly none of what I said was an absolute
>>
>>84533190
If autism is required to see this pig shit that passes as a religion as it is, then autism should be praised. Islam is evil and needs to be wiped off the face of the earth
>>
>>84530192
Religion is cowardice. People abdicate pride, power, and responsibility in order to avoid the burden of willing themselves to become who they are.
>>
>>84532997
>white people hold the title for most murder of entire civilizations
lmao
>>
>>84533190
from my point of view (you) are autistic.
>>
>>84533190
Yes, because whites were the first to do slavery.
>>
>>84530187
>I'll shut him up once and for all
She just caused a guy to get beaten, whipped or get killed at worst. We're supposed to sympathize with her?
>>
>>84530355
Reading comprehension you stupid fuck
>>
File: 8LSSSgr.jpg (55KB, 627x663px) Image search: [Google]
8LSSSgr.jpg
55KB, 627x663px
>>84533112
When did I say all Muslims were bad? I know plenty of good Muslims. But the problem is that people are saying the "bad ones" are JUST ISIS and the Taliban, when a very large number of them believe in disgusting shit. There are fundamental problems with Islam, and people don't talk about it because it's racist
>>
>>84533217
well at least you admit you're autistic.

>>84533212
>white people started slavery
not the practice of slavery, that's been around as long as the ammoral have been in power (happened a lot among white men) but they did start using slavery which makes ending slavery more like reconciliation rather than righteousness. besides whites being evil wasen't my point, it was an example to point out the double standard of judging all of islam for an evil few when you come from a race with the most rapists and historically world changing evil monsters.

>>84533290
There are fundemental problems with all religions. How many people have been murdered in the name of Christianity? we shouldn't take up problems with the religion but rather the people taking those extremes.
>>
>>84532248
>Illiterate bastard
But he literally came back one day to his wife being able to read out of nowhere.
>>
>>84533313
Well of course. Being autistic is far better than being part of islam, a murderous band of pedophiles, who follow a pig fucking faggot straight into hell.
>>
>>84533338
shh it's okay, autismo. you fight the big bad islam on the internet.
>>
>>84529812
It's because Christianity, for the most part, emphasizes the spirit of teachings and the morals they attempt to impart. A preacher will read a passage and try to interpret that to his congregation however he sees fit.

An Islamic holy man will tell you "this happened", and then list off something written as a clear-cut rule.

That, and Christianity's been softened by capitalism and secularism. A large majority of the Muslim world has never had a first-world country to call their own, nor a secular government for any historically significant stretch of time. You can maybe argue Turkey, but that's it.
>>
>>84533352
Of course i will. And hopefully dronestrikes will kill those fuckers offline. The world is waking up to these towelheads, and pretty soon they are all gonna die
>>
>>84533371
that's right anon, you tell him. (poor autistic thing.)
>>
>>84533313
But people wouldn't be this extreme if there was no holy book to make them that way. All religions have flaws and horrible morals, but the problem is Christians aren't blowing themselves up or driving trucks into children anymore
>>
>>84533377
Of course. Islam is evil and people are seeing it for what it is. A religion of violence and evil.
>>
>>84533359
Generations of fucking from Cold War superpowers never gave them the chance to have a first world country. Iran got fucked, Syria got fucked, Iraq got fucked, everyone got fucked.
>>
>>84529857
Catholicism fucked the world hard, and did tons of bad shit, but has of late at least ATTEMPTED to maintain a uniformity of peacefulness. Even if it depends on the priest, they, for the most part, whether fire and brimstone or peace-loving, believe in bettering SOMETHING.

A lot of American Protestants can't claim the same, especially fringe movements in the Midwest and Southern Baptists. There are definitely some good eggs, though, so it's more a condemnation of a mindset endemic of America itself, and not just religion.
>>
>>84532997
White's were the only race in the world to abolish slavery.
Our inventions have also saved and benefitted the lives of hundred of millions if not billions.
That is more that can be said of any other people on earth, so stfu.
>>
>>84529523
Those are all positive qualities. All your complaints just show how terrible your tastes are and how big of an idiot you are.
>>
>>84533313
But white people aren't slavers anymore, they don't kill the negro's because they're different and won't conform anymore. Your whole argument is " These people are bad too" Islam has a bigger problem than any other religion right now, that's why there is a big focus on it. If Christians were acting like conservative Muslims, there would be an outcry too
>>
>>84533387
>anymore
keyword right there, implying the flaws of the religion can be negated with the removal of the extremists, meaning once again the problem is with the extremist and not the religion.

>>84533389
uh huh sure is. you should write about it in your journal to show the special edu- I mean "gifted students" teacher your progress.
>>
>>84529981
Christianity encourages understanding and love of other people, with those willing to accept wrongfully inflicted death by the hands of another treated as martyrs. The only OBLIGATION Christians have are to others. Choosing to protect themselves is left entirely up to them.
>>
>>84529523

And what's your idea of a good muslim, Ahmed? Someone who shoots up a night club and pancakes people with a truck? Would you have liked to movie more if it had the little girl beheading infidels in it?
>>
>>84533418
Of course. Islam is evil and people are seeing it for what it is. A religion of violence and evil.
>>
>>84533412
>But white people aren't slavers anymore
"anymore" invalidates your argument, showing that extremism isn't absolute and can be circumvented. or do you think that only applies to groups you happen to be in?
>>
>>84530222
He preached nonviolence in the face of violence towards you, not your death or the pain of others.

If your neighbor was being robbed you'd be a shit Christian to allow it.
>>
>>84533418
But the dogma and scripture is where these ideas come from. Christianity had a reformation, all the really bad ideas were chucked out. Islam has not had such a reformation meaning people kill eachother in the street over political dispute
>>
>>84533448
I'm not a Christian and I'm not white, I don't belong to either of those groups. The difference between them and Muslims is that Islam is still stuck in the bronze age
>>
>>84533448
the issue is you're trying to peg what people are doing vs what people did. not to mention anon probably assigns to the belief Islam's tenants support terrorism making a chosen religion different from a born race.
>>
>>84533498
Yep, I'm not saying that Islam is bad because of the people, I'm saying Islam is bad because of its doctrines. Which in turn influence people to do terrible things they otherwise would never do
>>
>>84530587
And ISIS (Which you'd call IS if you weren't a retarded faggot pretending to support them) can literally never leave where they are now. Not now, not in fifty years, not in a hundred. The moment they step off the fucking quagmire that is them being impossible to discern from civilians, with no navy, no air force and shitty equipment trying to roll into other people's land, they're going to get their massed forces wiped out in an instant.

>Faggots thinking the US doesn't retain strategic bombing capabilities to obliterate an actually organized state's manufacturing capability
>Thinking you'll EVER be able to hold a Navy when other countries can just watch the shorelines and blow up anything resembling a shipyard

Good luck matching a first world country's ability to build tanks and planes when you have to build them one-hundred feet underground and only ever recruit people you can absolutely trust not to spill their locations.

Oh, and,

>Thinking if you actually engaged the US in a real war terrorist activities wouldn't only make people angrier and more willing to wipe you out
>>
>>84533488
but /can/ be pulled out. once again proving that the problem is with extremists practicing islam and not islam as a religion. once again all islam is is a belief system. The action of extremists lie with extremists.
>>
>>84533555
Except islam itslf is evil and encourages evil in its followers.
>>
>>84533555
Islam is a set of ideas that claim to be the unchanging word of God, directly from him. Bad ideas are still practised. That's like saying that if a book says to kill the different people, then it's followers kill the different people, the book has nothing to do with it
>>
>>84529927
>Of course I am an atheist who was raised catholic and still believes in some catholic values so I might not be entirely unbiased but really
It's funny that there's a saying around where I live that if you want your kid to end up as an atheist, have them attend catholic schools. Same happened to me, not out of hate for catholics though, but out of an exposure to multiple ideas which was promoted within the schools which just eventually led me to see organized religion as pointless.
>>
>>84533584
>That's like saying that if a book says to kill the different people, then it's followers kill the different people, the book has nothing to do with it
literally the bible. are we just going to forget the witch trials and crusades to pretend islam is the only religion that has blood on it's hands? all religions can spark violence, however the people who commit the violence are the one responsible.
>>
>>84529523
Jesus, Ahmed the summerfag.
>>
>>84531573
>not of suicidal pacifism.
Tell that to all the tales of martyrs letting themselves be fed to lions back in the roman days (not claiming them to be true or false, just pointing out that they were told because they were seen as a positive example of christians). Jesus would rather let himself get killed than have his men fight back and die. It is easy to kill in the name of your god, harder to allow yourself to die for it.
>>
>>84530187
>>84530236
>>84530307
>>84533267

You never find out what happened to the guy, but IIRC her boyfriend says he probably just got a stern talking to and sent on his way because there's no evidence. Of course, there's no way to confirm that's even close to true.

That said, a single out-of-context page doesn't provide the full story (a lesson /co/ staunchly refuses to learn). Marjane laughs about it, then tells her boyfriend who laughs about it, then tells her mother who laughs about it - but when she tells it to her grandmother, who is consistently the wisest and most grounded character in the novel, she's FURIOUS and refuses to talk to her. Satrapi clearly didn't consider it right or justifiable at the time of writing Persepolis.
>>
>>84530166

Jainism?
>>
>>84530117
Thanks to Bush & Blair blowing the fuck out of Iraq and going "Welp, our work is done, good luck rebuilding your country!" liberals have sided more and more with Muslims. "Not seeing a problem here", some of you might be thinking, "those two did shit the bed" and you're right... but when you start allying yourself with the extremist dickbags and start making excuses for shit like what went down at Charlie Hebdo under some "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap, then all you're doing is proving that political horseshoe theory is no theory, but solid fact.

For the record, I'm friends with a couple of Muslims, and they're all lovely people. Not all of them are devout, but they are all just people trying to get by. Before anyone starts going HURR DURR ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS REMOVE KEBAB REMOVE KEBAB, just remember this: a few weeks ago, Daesh were killing hundreds of Muslims during Ramadan, the most holy time of the year for Muslims. Daesh may be terrorists, but they're fucking shit at being Muslims.
>>
>>84530117
Not all of them do. The only hardcore feminist I ever knew said 'Islam is a disease'
>>
>>84533620
The difference between Christianity and Islam is that Christians don't claim the Bible to be the direct word of God, Muslims do. Because of how the Quran is written, it can't allow a reformation like other religions do. Also the disgusting bits of the Bible are mostly contained in the old testament, which is overridden by the new covenant which preaches a lot better stuff
>>
>>84533690
>Daesh may be terrorists, but they're fucking shit at being Muslims.
THANK YOU
I've been getting mad every time someone says "They aren't real muslims" because that's a nonsensical statement. This is the phrasing I've been looking for to correct them with.
If you're Jewish and eat bacon every day, nobody says you're not a true Jew, they just say you're not good at being a Jew.

If you're muslim and killing muslims at random during Ramadan, you're no less a muslim, you're just really shit at it.
>>
>>84533707
>that Christians don't claim the Bible to be the direct word of God
That's a very generalized comment. Not him btw

There are plenty of branches of protestant Christians that do take it literally. While Catholics have learned over the years that the bible shouldn't be taken literally, there are plenty of retards that still do. Hell there's a group that's incredibly pro israel because they see the existence of that nation as a key part of what will trigger the apocalypse.
>>
>>84531400

Writing, even autobiographical writing, is harder than you'd think.
>>
>>84530116
How do you drink pork?
>>
>>84530633
that's clearly a SAA soldier holding the head of an ISIS goon. He's okay in my book.
>>
>>84531831

Bait.

>>84531955

Legitimately retarded.
>>
>>84533793
drink the melted fat
>>
>>84532428

Submission unto God is the cornerstone of virtually any religion. It's the same sentiment as "Jesus, take the wheel".
>>
>>84530187
What a cunt.
>>
>>84531961
>Will Robert Fisk ever be anything aside from a useful idiot?
>>
File: gross.png (86KB, 436x336px) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
86KB, 436x336px
>>84533838
>>
>>84529523
>Marjane Satrapi is like the perfect stereotype of a "good Muslim" in western society.
She isn't a muslim

>Basically the "ideal Muslim" is someone who isn't actually Muslim
You took someone who wasn't a muslim to start with and complained that she isn't a muslim. You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>>84533950
>Ideal muslim
>Not a muslim

Well... Yeah.
>>
>>84529736
>European Christianity turned over time into something that can fit in a civilized society.

European Christianity is the root of civilized Western society. The egalitarian concepts of equal human dignity under the law are inherently based in Christian concepts, as much as the Enlightenment movements sought to divorce the two.
>>
>>84529523
yeah.
>>
>>84529523

that applies to every culture in the world

Nobody wants to share the global village with an american hillbilly, a russian matryoshka, a deutsch tyrolean, or a japanese geisha.

I mean everybody loves those things for the sake of humor & stereotypes, but to live in the globalized western world you need leave behind your culture.
>>
>>84533469
The problem with the "Islam needs a reformation!" is that people who say it don't really understand what the Protestant Reformation actually WAS while only looking at the effects that it had on western Christianity.

For those of you who don't know, and I won't go into the big history of it, was that a great number of people objected to the excesses of the Roman Catholic church: the catalytic issue being the sale of indulgences (tl;dr: pay the church money and you're absolved of any sins you've committed). A large number of religiopolitical movements started in and around the confederation of German, Italian, West Slavic, and French states and city-states called Holy Roman Empire that all had a common goal: remove the non-canonical aspects of Christianity and restore the church to what is laid out in scripture.

The reason that "Islam needs a reformation" is a stupid statement is very simple: everything that people say that Islam needs to rid itself of stems directly from Islamic scripture. To get the results of the reformation and turn Islam into an actual Religion of Peace, one that would be more acceptable to western tastes, would require rewriting the religious texts in ways that would gut the religion and basically turn it into "Christianity with turbans". Muslims would never accept this because it would invalidate one of the central tenets of Islam: that the Quran is perfect and cannot be corrupted.

The worst thing about all this is that Islam is currently going through a situation that is directly parallel to the protestant reformation:

ISIS.
>>
>>84534432
Then the religion needs to die, like most desu
>>
>>84529523
I mean it sucks but that's because she's generally just self-centered and unlikable. The interesting thing about it was growing up in the context of a period of great change for her. Once she loves to fuck around Europe any interest that the story could have dies because it becomes less about her in the context of the Revolution and just about her and she's too much of an unlikable cunt for that to work.
>>
>>84529523
As opposed to the "true" Muslims like ISIS who blow up other Muslims during Ramadan, am I right? Give it up, Muhammed.
>>
>>84530314
IF YOU DON'T SHARE OUR ENTHUSIASM AND CARE FOR THE VISION OF THIS BOARD
>>
>>84530340

Only the Grandma though and the book tries to paint her as "old-fashioned" quirky racist etc. Everyone else in her family were all for it but the one who actually could see through the bullshit calls her out and later in the book they try to make it look like granny has all that negative shit "self-internalized" when she's really trying to teach her granddaughter to uncunt herself.
>>
>>84529523

>>education, fair treatment of women and awareness of class struggle are bad things

How does it feel like to live in the middle ages OP?
>>
>>84529523
I'm wondering if this is bait since it's autobiographical. This is a very common real life story for upper class Muslims. Many are not very religious or even religious at all. They don't have to be. I've come across tons of Muslims like the author.
>>
>all these mix of intelligent individuals and edgy atheist kids trying to seem intelligent
who knew such a shit comic can make for such a "triggering" thread
>>
>>84531561
>ISIS is Salafist, not Wahhabist
Those things aren't mutually exclusive. ISIS is both.
>>
>>84530283
you...you dont think you're actually right, though...right?
>>
So basically any Muslim who has successfully integrated into modern society would be a bad Muslim because they're not a wife-beating barbaric jihadist.
>>
>>84536599
There is literally nothing wrong with wife-beating.
Rape too, for that matter.
>>
>>84531100
but the point is showing someone else's perspective, and why is it wrong for a publisher to be interested in a woman who grew up in this unique (because I can't think of a better word) environment?
I get why people dont think its the best thing ever, but seriously, Id take Persepolis and Maus over Kate Leth styled autobiographical comics that are mundane and trite bullshit
>>
>>84536750
and pedophilia
>>
>>84536976
Nah, kids are annoying and disgusting. No one in the right mind would fuck them.
>>
>>84536976
And goat fucking
>Mudslimes/ISIS are Undertale fans
>>
File: cover_churchwciv_lg.jpg (84KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
cover_churchwciv_lg.jpg
84KB, 300x450px
>>84534095
Pretty much this.

And it is pretty much agreed on the academia. Many people just use a high school knowledge of history to paint the Church as Darth Vader.
>>
>>84529523

>implying Marjane is a Muslim

She's more like a closeted atheist who's still in the lying-to-yourself phase of losing one's belief.
>>
File: Normal.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Normal.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>84534290
>I mean everybody loves those things for the sake of humor & stereotypes, but to live in the globalized western world you need leave behind your culture.
>>
>>84536976
We on this board are not pedophiles AT ALL.
>>
>>84531955
>Women are also largely incapable of being selfless, everything they do has to benefit them alone in some way, even if it's only subconsciously.
Try telling that to a single mother, you swine.
>>
>>84529523

Now you get it!
>>
>>84537014
>>84536976
>implying I'm a mudslime
Women are just completely fucking useless. I mean, men are mostly useless and extremely annoying when they think you're their friend, but at least they can help you get something useful like money.
>>
>>84533352
You stop that. There's nothing wrong with being autistic, and you're not helping to defend Islam by insulting people with disabilities.
>>
>>84529673
I feel this exact same way but about video games, something I really do think has artistic value, but has never tapped into it properly.
>>
>>84529523

>the ideal muslim is not a muslim

yes and?
>>
>>84537491
Ideal muslim is a dead muslim
>>
>>84537474
VĂ­deo games will only achieve true artĂ­stic potential when they stop focusing only on "fun".
>>
But she never was muslim, she was forced to dress like that and follow the guidelines in her home country
>>
>>84531573
Luke 22:36
>He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.
>>
File: 1466289159141.jpg (11KB, 203x210px) Image search: [Google]
1466289159141.jpg
11KB, 203x210px
>>84530212
I read it when I was 14-15 years old. It's a good coming of age story to read, especially since the story deals with change and persists through the young adult hood and full adulthood of the character.
>>
>>84537899
>coming of age
What a retarded term. More like "coming of your life becoming complete shit until your inevitable death"
>>
File: Truth Zone 41.jpg (708KB, 1280x1846px) Image search: [Google]
Truth Zone 41.jpg
708KB, 1280x1846px
>>84537474
I think there's some really amazing work under the surface. It's just that the surface is so putrid it's hard to get there. It's just a bad situation where people just don't know. They read so much trash that they think something as retarded as Preacher is one of the great works of the medium.
>>
File: FuckingBravoMate.gif (500KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingBravoMate.gif
500KB, 500x359px
Wew lads.

This is the best bait thread I've seen in the while.
>>
>>84537072
I'm not the other guy, but I think certain aspects of culture are going to be lost as the world globalizes and becomes more secular.

Holding onto some important cultural aspects are good and important to society, but many others are going to be lost as the world becomes a more global place.
>>
>>84537971
Preacher is good, though. Not "greatest" but good.
>inb4 hurr durr genre fiction
>>
>>84537933
It's just a term m8.
>>
>>84533217
>>84533190
>>84533112
Since when did /co/mrades all get mandatory degrees in human psychology?
>>
>>84538224
The women in the upper right disturb me. It's like they're laughing at me.
>>
File: L evader.jpg (45KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
L evader.jpg
45KB, 1024x768px
>>84538224
>implying art of cute guys doesn't trigger a similar emotional response in straight women
>implying anime fangirls don't want to jump this
>>
File: 02e.jpg (154KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
02e.jpg
154KB, 700x933px
>>84531831
>>84538224
>>
>>84538429
They're the dumb cunts.
The only sociopath in anime who looks genuinely sexy and not faggoty is, ironically, Johan Liebert who's supposed to be effeminate.
>>
>>84538457
I wish I was like him, except competent.
He had the right idea about blondes too.
>>
File: squitterlol.jpg (12KB, 284x264px) Image search: [Google]
squitterlol.jpg
12KB, 284x264px
>>84538457
I feel bad for laughing, but wow, was that a real headline?

That's so mean... but true
>>
>>84529917
>>84530138
I´m with the guy how said that comic it´s still quite a young medium. the books you listed are hundreds of years apart, for every classic there are hundreds of forgetable book that nobody remembers.
>>
>>84529523
jesus dude.
is this ISIS viral marketing or something?
>>
>>84529523
>Basically the "ideal Arab" is someone who isn't actually Muslim at all but has lived in the region and has many colorful stories despite not being mentally infected with the ideological equivalent of cancer
ftfy
>>
>>84529673
Preacher isn't even Ennis' best. It belongs in the Fun Read category.
Why is Planetary not in your list?
>>
>>84538224
Have fun shooting up a bunch of children then becoming an hero, virgin.
>>
>>84536362
>Only the Grandma though and the book tries to paint her as "old-fashioned" quirky racist etc.

I don't remember this.
>>
>>84530494
Yes, because Vincent Van Gogh was a millionaire in his time.
>>
>>84538224

This is bait again.
>>
>>84538535

It sums him up pretty well. IIRC part of his manifesto video was him lamenting that he was a virgin at his age which isn't unusual, but he thought it was because he had no real world experience.
>>
here's the thing about Islam and Muslims

if you criticize Islam there will always be people who say you are only focusing on the bad parts of it
surely there are normal and good Muslims who try to live peaceful lives just like anybody else right?

well here's my question then
why should anybody care that there are good Muslims?
if I'm being held at gunpoint by a radical Muslim that wants nothing more than to kill every last human being currently living in the US and will go to extreme lengths to achieve this goal am I supposed to believe that this so called good and innocent Muslim will rush to my aid and try to save my life?
because if not then why the hell should I care that they exist?

the fact of the matter is this religion has very obviously become an issue for many people all around the world
it has literally become a matter of life and death
and if all of these "good" Muslims truly cared about everybody else they would see this and abolish and distance themselves from it completely
so I ask again why should I care about them?
>>
>>84539295
>when Dave Sim does it he's a genius
>when I do that, I'm "le virgin who's baiting"
How so? Sim was right, by the way.
>>
File: marjane.png (16KB, 183x247px) Image search: [Google]
marjane.png
16KB, 183x247px
>>84539027
>Marjane Satrapi
>Arab

She's Iranian. It's a completely different ethnic group. Indoeuropean vs. Semitic
>>
File: stan lee.jpg (45KB, 424x490px) Image search: [Google]
stan lee.jpg
45KB, 424x490px
>>84539384
>>when Dave Sim does it he's a genius
I don't think anyone views Sim as a genius. I'm pretty sure most of /co/ will agree that he's a sexist idiot who just happens to write good comics.

It's kinda like H.P. Lovecraft. He was a brilliant writer, but nobody will deny he was a lousy person.
>>
File: jew genetics.png (91KB, 798x559px) Image search: [Google]
jew genetics.png
91KB, 798x559px
>>84539559
But Is it?
>>
>>84530236
>humiliated the soviets
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
oh for fucks sake you are hilarious.
If by humilated you mean took so many of their landmines up the ass that your people still get killed by them, and had your infrastructure irreparably damaged then sure.
oh my god Jamal you are comedy gold.
>>
>>84539622
But Sim is right. I mean, the "talking to pets is evil and feminist shit" thing is bumfuck retarded, but he's right about women.

Lovecraft was never good anyway. Completely talentless hack who was only capable of writing in the worst genre of fiction. Horror needs to die.
>>
>>84537307
>single mother
>being selfless
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>84533730
The thing is, within Islam, "being bad at being Muslim" is the same thing as not being a Muslim. It's viewed as apostasy within Islamic theology. Islam has a call to perfection: if you don't follow all commandments given in the Quran, you're rejecting them entirely. If you are rejecting the commandments in the Quran, you're rejecting the supremacy of God, and his profit. And if you reject Islam, you're an apostate.
>>
>>84529523
I don't see what that has to do with the comic. Looks like just the politics have you butthurt.
>>
>>84539724
It's the hardest job in the world, and requires tremendous amounts of sacrifice. I'm not saying women are inherently more selfless than men, but I don't know any single dads.
>>
>>84530236
>Americanized culture,women act like whores and the culture is globalist reflecting not on Iran or Afghanistan but on America.
get now to your ladies chamber and tell her, let her wear an inch thick, to this favor she must come.
>>
>>84539805
Because women actually have the kid.
>>
>>84529888
Hey, I was just in that thread
>>
File: anubis_stop.jpg (82KB, 748x480px) Image search: [Google]
anubis_stop.jpg
82KB, 748x480px
>Judaism promotes social oppression and political domination
>"But there are good Jews! Honest!"
>Christianity promotes social oppression and political domination
>"But there are Christians! Honest!"
>Islam promotes social oppression and political domination
>"But there are good Muslims! Honest!"

How are we still doing this 2500 years later?
>>
>>84539840
And that, in and of itself, is a selfless act. The very essence of motherhood is selflessness.
>>
>>84537474
>>84529673
I don't think that all artistic value is the same thing.

Literature is uncontested in terms of intellectual artistic value because written word is the best way we know yet to transfer knowledge.

A comic book is visual, and you have to read it with that in mind. Don't analyse it as you would a normal book. You wouldn't expect a song to have 'the tortured insight of Dostoevsky' because that's not what the medium it's in does.
>>
File: looooooooooooooooool.jpg (36KB, 682x255px) Image search: [Google]
looooooooooooooooool.jpg
36KB, 682x255px
>>84539876
>The very essence of motherhood is selflessness.
>>
>>84539948
Musorgsky is alone better than 90 percent of classical literature, though.
>>
>>84529523
>Khomeini was the best thing that ever happened to Iran.

don't /pol/lute this board again, Habib
>>
>>84531397
underrated
>>
>>84538224
Even if that were true, women are still human beings with emotions and shit. They'd only be worthless in the pragmatic sense, and if you're looking at the world through pure pragmatism you're gonna miss the beauty in life and start hurting people.
>>
File: Frylock.png (112KB, 289x381px) Image search: [Google]
Frylock.png
112KB, 289x381px
>>84531430
>I love GG Allin

pictured here: president of his fan club
>>
>>84539384
Sim has horrible views but he also has talent, anon.

Talent means you're good at something, doesn't make you right about everything.
>>
File: Where do you think we are.png (637KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Where do you think we are.png
637KB, 644x644px
>>84539876
Quick licking their cunts. You aren't going to get pussy by kissing up to women HERE of all places. Any women that that would work on aren't anywhere near here, and the women here see right through your thirsty-ass pussy-begging.

Also, there's nothing selfless about it. Procreation is how humans perpetuate their genetic lineage. Having children AT ALL is selfish.
>>
>>84539982
Twelvers like Khomeini, Khamenei, and Sistani are based. So is Assad. Their laws are based on objective reason and rational thought; western politics have been a failure since the "Enlightenment", because everything has to follow the phony premise that human life has inherent value.
>>
File: Swamp-Thing-35-002.png (353KB, 352x759px) Image search: [Google]
Swamp-Thing-35-002.png
353KB, 352x759px
>>84539873

Putting the finishing touches on dat singularity right now, boss.

Pretty soon we'll be beaming cat videos right into their spider hole dwelling heads and doping em up with pheromone excreting nano machines.
>>
>>84540052
>emotions
No one cares. Just because something has emotions, doesn't mean it's not shit.

>miss the beauty in life
The only beauty in life is being rich and living long. Otherwise, it's all sentimental bullshit.

Hurting people is stupid because there are consequences for that and you have to be really dumb to want cops on your ass.
>>
>>84540103
I'm not trying to "get pussy" you dingdong, I'm not a lesbian.
>>
>>84530166
>Can you name a single religion in the whole world that the practitioners are completely unwilling to use violence if deemed necessary?

That was supposed to be Christianity.
>>
>>84529561
underrated post
>>
>>84540214
>The only beauty in life is being rich and living long

Well, all I can say there is you're missing out on a lot, anon.

I sincerely hope that you find your sense of empathy and a little corner of peace in the world, anon, and managed one day to throw this anger and hatred off.
>>
>>84530262
>Joyce's mastery of the English language is unparalleled.

eat shit
>>
>>84540220
>I'm not a lesbian.

Oh, so you were just kissing your own ass while patting yourself on the back. Sounds about right for a tripfag.
>>
>>84540209

Do you have some nicep ages explaining more about the tasty machine sphere and how its called?

I like it!

Maybe...the silver?nah, sounds wierd, probably calculus as in the speech bubble.
>>
>>84539805
I don't know, it's a difficult job but it's not exactly being a heart surgeon, is it?

Now if you were both, I would be impressed.
>>
File: anon's bait.png (70KB, 600x353px) Image search: [Google]
anon's bait.png
70KB, 600x353px
>>84529673
>the greatest the genre has to offer
>Persepolis
>The Watchmen
>The Sandman
>Preacher
>>
>>84540103
by that logic all actions are selfish so why not bring life into the world.
>inb4 over population
tell third worlders to fuck off, not people who were born into the first.

Nihilism is a fucking cancer.
>>
File: 1464209188313.jpg (295KB, 1500x1999px) Image search: [Google]
1464209188313.jpg
295KB, 1500x1999px
>>84531831
>>84538224
>They're not intelligent and creative to do something themselves,
>female surgeons, engineers, professors, doctors, artists, writers, and scientists don't exist
>>
File: machine kingdom.jpg (71KB, 240x588px) Image search: [Google]
machine kingdom.jpg
71KB, 240x588px
>>84540327

You best be readin Charles Soule's Swamp Thing then.
>>
>>84540137
Islam is based on the ramblings of a Desert nomad, the minute the technology to get running water and refrigeration occurs it stops being useful for anything other than theological study. Secularism informed by religion is fine but the minute a priest class gets political power it becomes a ticking clock towards decay.
>>
>>84536768
No one said is bad.
>>
>>84540564
You say selfish like it's a bad thing. How is looking out for your own best interests a bad thing by itself?
>>
>>84540585
>surgeons, engineers, professors, doctors
Terrible and probably only got the jobs because of affirmative action or sleeping with professors.
>artists, writers
All godawful and talentless.
>scientists
See first point.
>>
>>84540681
It's not but in saying all actions are selfish at the crux it paints everything in a black and white of there being no such thing as true altruism while ignoring that it doesn't need to exist for people to do actions that have no immediate or even long term benefit to themselves.

It just becomes an exercise of who is the best at pedantery.
>>
>>84540742
I never said all actions are selfish. I said that having children, is selfish rather than selfless.

Taking in and raising someone else's children is something far closer to selflessness though, if you'd like an example of something I'd consider selfless.
>>
>>84540721
Most female professionals are middling and unremarkable in thier field but for the most part you dan't need a prodigy to be a general practitioner or plug numbers to make sure an alloy works well enough. A more accurate statement would be that the amount currently practicing are a marginal percentage. The second point is frankly a matter of opinion.
>>
>>84540643

I have to say I am not very good at comics, except for regularily reading storytimes here.

What is the exact name of the run?

I believe i read a bit when it was storytimed but lost track of it before the machines played a role.
>>
File: 1467352841850.jpg (92KB, 1200x945px) Image search: [Google]
1467352841850.jpg
92KB, 1200x945px
>>84529523
>>iranian strangely racist against Arabs
>strangely..

i think OP is 13 years old cock sucking pedofile lover whose days are filled with being fucking by old gays and blabering about how he will make a career in the holywood.
>>
>>84540789
Having children requires you to make sacrifice regardless of whether they are your genetic lineage. If your argument tat it is a matter of passing on genes that is selfish then the act of providing a transfer of ideologies and wealth is selfish too, therefore adopting is selfish but in a diffrent way.
>>
>>84540811
>Most female professionals are middling and unremarkable in thier field
*All. Fixed it for you.
And thanks for proving me right in that women are stupid and don't deserve to live.
>>
>>84540849
That's a line of thought that hadn't considered.
>>
>>84540822

That last arc with the machines is called Swamp Thing Vol. 7: Season's End.
>>
>>84541051
Thank you, it is the arc in which he fights (again) against imbalance with the rot and is even harassed by older avatars of the green. Right?
>>
>>84541079
>>84541051

PS:

It was storytimed and therefore somewhere in the archives, right?
>>
>>84540248

Officially, it IS Christianity. At least it's the Catholic Church's official doctrine.
>>
>>84541079

After that.
>>
>"Nice driving" will forever be a tainted compliment from now on
>>
>>84529673
Jesus guys, this is a pasta. How did y'all fall for it?
>>
>>84530626
Hey, I liked Concrete.
>>
>>84541161
It's a good pasta. Has just the right amount of pretentiousness to incise people into action.
>>
>>84541127
Oh, okay.

Thanks.
>>
>>84541125
>Catholic Church's official doctrine
I thought it was "there is nothing wrong with raping little boys"
My Patriarch may be a scumbag, but at least he's not a pedo-supporter.
>>
>>84532953
Man fuck anything with Jamie, just read Gilbert's work.
>>
People like Ted Bundy are heroes who deserve recognition for ridding the world of subhuman trash.
>>
>>84539370
Your text formatting is literally rape
>>
>>84542106
Nigga there's scandals every other week with the Orthodox, a powerful politic priest organizations going to lead to shitty behavior.
>>
>>84529523
First part was nice, second one was cringeworthy as shit.
Thread posts: 486
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.