[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Tony is basically going to recruit kamala, Sam and miles by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 22

File: SM2016006-int2-3-80607.jpg (799KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
SM2016006-int2-3-80607.jpg
799KB, 900x1366px
So Tony is basically going to recruit kamala, Sam and miles by telling them carol is a racist man who is profiling people?
>>
But Kamala turned into a truck and attacked France.
>>
>>84511687
>The future hasn't happened. How can you see it?

There are literally like dozens of actual fucking precogs in the Marvel Universe, Tony.
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
Why are Miles' eyes so small.
Is he 1/3 Chinese now?
>>
>it's like Profiling
That's not even in the ballpark of what profiling is.
>>
>>84511760
And none of them see the exact same future, only one possibility.
>>
>>84511687
So Ulysses seeing the future isnt literal? It's symbolic or some shit. Hulk killing them all was a metaphor for his anger or somehtin and bendisclint fucked it up
>>
>>84511760
But Bendis doesn't remember them
>>
>>84511830
Is that how it always worked or is that just Marvel's curre t excuse to juatify this event.
>>
>>84511687
So he's like Tumblr.
>>
>>84511687
Anybody who doesn't agree with Ironman is a piece of shit. As he said the future hasn't happen yet. What Ulysses see is the outcome of a possible future, the prediction isn't 100% going to come true.
>>
>>84511687
Did "hamfisted attempt at social commentary" get crossed on the bingo card yet?
>>
but profiling works
>>
>>84511770
are you correcting him, or are you pleased about this turn of events
>>
>>84511857
Since they've stopped everything he predicted before it had a chance to happen, Ulysses' predictions have been 100% wrong so far.
>>
>>84511687
>wants to use the kid's power to stop stuff from happening before it happens.

Grade A writing.
>>
If the kid can see the future how would he see crimes? He would see the hero's stopping the crimes. And if the kid ever acts on his knowledge he would those negate what he saw
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
Rather than listen to Tony's personal opinion on something, why don't they just use Doom's actual time machine to visit the future and confirm what happened.

Tony will always be second rate
>>
>>84511888
Don't you know that this is like the way all the totally rad guys talk now and stuff? 90s speak came full circle.
>>
>>84511887
But he has been 100% right in the information given
>>
>>84511702
nice attack
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
>>84511888
One of the smartest men in the world.
>>
File: CW II issue 3.png (1MB, 1308x954px) Image search: [Google]
CW II issue 3.png
1MB, 1308x954px
>>84511869
Yep.
While we are at it, are there any problems with the Bingo so far?
>>
>>84511687
>The future hasn't happened. How can you see it?
t. Tony Stark, Futurist
>>
I forgot which issue it was, but I remember Tony saying he had a theory that Ulysses' powers used a predictive algorithm that saw possible futures where a crime takes place. Isn't that like what Batgirl was making in "Batgirl of Burnside"?
>>
>>84511978
I like how some asshole just had to play the white victim card and say "oh you just KNOW that they are going to make the white straight male character the one in the wrong"

whoever put that down is such a pussy
>>
>>84511978
The celebration party after defeating the not-Celestial at Tony's place had everyone standing around, drinking and talking about life, that doesn't count for the bottom left?

Also, on issue 3, they reuse a panel of Carol in court later in the issue when people are watching it on TV, don't know if counts either.
>>
>>84511978
>Guardians of the Galaxy show up

They shlow up, we all know that.
>>
>>84512015
If we don't wait for things to actually happen before filling out the card, we might as well fill the entire card but the X-Men one since they already showed up.
>>
Also, I remember Tony explained this a lot better to Sam, who actually kind of agreed with him. So why does he sound like he doesn't know what he's talking about here?
Is it just so Bendis can have a reason for Miles to not be on his side?
>>
>>84512011
We are gonna check that spot for sure with Bendis writing

>>84512013
We went the extra mile and put "sitting" in the Bingo( bad move in hindsight, that spot is far too specific) and they were mostly standing.
I'm gonna verify if that panel is really copypasted, but even if it is, I'm not sure if it counts
>>
>>84511687
I was agreeing with Tony for a moment there and then he totally fucking stoped the ball
I really hope the next page is miles telling him that's retarded
>>
>>84512078
In fact as shit as this whole thing has been that facial expression makes me expect it
>>
>>84511852
That's how it works, anon. That's how it's worked for pretty much all time. How else do you think you can have hundreds of contradictory futures? How you can have both Bishop and Cable running around at the same time or a dozen different precogs seeing different events.
>>
>>84511687
>>The future hasn't happened. How can you see it?
if Cable or Bishop were in the room when he's giving that speech it would have turned ackward
>>
>>84511687
I just need to get this out
> Tony Fucks up the Marvel Universe but rationalizes it by saying he's a futurist
> A kid who has the power to see the future comes along
> Tony wants to stop kid, mainly due to him seeing the new ways he'll fuck up the Marvel Universe

MEANWHILE
> The X-men have been dealing with this shit for 30 goddamn years
> No one wants their opinion unless it's on blowing stuff up

My decision to drop Marvel has been a constant standard of joy.
>>
>>84511831
How its been explained in other books is that he sees the events that are most likely to happen. Like "In 99% of possible futures based on current projections, Thanos shows up at this location looking for a cosmic cube" and shit like that. So there's still a chance that he's wrong since it could always turn out to be the 1% future where that doesn't happen, but it's still extremely likely to happen.

On the other hand, a traditional precog just sees ONE possible future with perfect accuracy, but there's no guarantee that the future they see is the one that's actually going to unfold. Ulysses' power makes him far more reliable than traditional precogs because instead of perfect clarity of ONE timeline, it's likely events across all timelines.
>>
This may be a bad story but I love Miles's "not sure if racebaiting" face.
>>
>>84511909
There's countless possible futures. Time-traveling ahead in time is always going to be a crapshoot because its impossible to know if the future you're going to is the one that'll actually end up happening.
>>
File: Copy pasted panels.png (99KB, 326x190px) Image search: [Google]
Copy pasted panels.png
99KB, 326x190px
>>84512075
Update: there is indeed a copypasted panel.
Should we count it?
>>
>>84512218
Eh, no, because it makes sense for it to be copy-pasted. People are watching a video of the court proceedings. Jumping from the actual event to people watching the event would obviously result in the thing on screen being the same as the thing from the previous scene.
>>
>>84512236
Yeah, I agree
>>
>>84511687

I'm still of the mindset that the kid is actually a reality-warper, he is making these events happen.

It'd wrap up the moral quandary into a neat little package, there is no argument over being right or wrong to use perfect or near-perfect future predictions to stop precrime. There is no precrime going on, the kid is *making* the events, the kid is the cause. Another reality-warper that needs to be removed for the good of all.

Just reading the books from a meta-standpoint I found it odd that the various tie-in books were instructed to bring up that "celestial" invasion, its obviously a key point, and IMO the point is that it was what a layman thought a giant space god invasion would look like but Celestials have never attacked in this manner, using little mini-celestials at that. The kid didn't foresee the invasion, he created it.
>>
>>84512170

There is a fast one being pulled on exactly how Ulysses' power works, its been hinted at from Day One that it isn't as it seems, and CW2 #3 left off on a cliffhanger that how his power works is considerably different that expected.

Personally I think its the already-mentioned reality warper theory but whatever its shown to be, its not what it currently appears to be. Maybe he forces this universe to go down one of the infinite "what if" parallel realities, he isn't warping reality, he his just "steering" us towards some of the worst possibilities. But regardless of details I think its to shift the blame specifically upon Ulysses, he is *causing* his visions to occur, if he were dead they wouldn't occur or would be highly unlikely to occur.
>>
>>84512164
Apparently, even the X-men forgot they had precogs.

Magneto and the rest are acting like the Inhumans just got a secret weapon that will give them the edge in the upcoming Mutant/Inhuman war.
>>
>>84511978
Damian Hellstrom got shat on in the first issue in a way that has to count for the sexist/misogynist square
>>
>>84512011
It's less a white victim card and more a "Bendis is really predictable" thing.
>>
>>84511687
The weirdest fucking thing about the whole event is how everyone knows about Ulysses.

I mean, everyone, super powered criminals know, common people know. EVERYONE.

Wouldn't it be more sensible to hide the fact you can predict the future?
>>
Get ready for the story to go maximum ham-fist once Ulysses fingers Miles for killing Captain America.
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
>>84512552
The weirdest thing is that Ulysses still wants to hang out with these assholes.
>>
>>84512420
what did the historical Ulysses do again?
>>
>>84512614
Ulysses S Grant was the main commander of the Union forces during the Civil War.
>>
>>84512144

Aren't Cable and Bishop from two different future timelines themselves?

Tony is talking of the quantum branching theory, that for every possible flip of a coin the universe actully divides and goes in both directions instead of landing on one or the other. The 2099 universe happens in one split, Maestro Hulk universe in one, Days of Futures Past in other. Tony is saying precog can't be real not because no futures exist yet but because an infinite number of futures exist.
>>
File: really.jpg (4KB, 153x122px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
4KB, 153x122px
>>
Who is Sam? Is it CannonBall? I hope its CannonBall.
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
>>84511687
No it's not wtf WTF IT'S STILL NOT PROFILING YOU FUCKING RETARDS.

THIS ANALOGY DOESN'T WORK, AT ALL.

BENDIS YOU FUCKING HACK
>>
>>84512473
...of course they did, because who reads comics?

>>84512614
Ulysses is the latin name for Odysseus, the main character from the Odyssey. Remember your highschool/middle school English classes
>>
>>84512638
Nova, the human sufferer
>>
>>84511687
What is this dialogue, it sounds awful. Also is Bendis making his shitty OC more intelligent than Tony Stark now, is that what this garbage is?

Or is Tony Stark supposed to be right, even though no this isn't profiling?
>>
File: 1388719498529.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1388719498529.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>84511687
Literally all they have to do is a simple statistical analysis of sensed future events and their probability of transpiring. If the kid gets 100% of them right without intervention it's a good indicator that you're doing nothing wrong by acting against them (if that's even possible). This is such a simple problem to solve it's ridiculous.

Fucking superheroes are retarded.
>>
>>84512614

Ulysses was the latin name for Odysseus. You're probably most familiar with his Odyssey where he tricked the Cyclops, "nobody has blinded me!"

They changed the inhuman kid's name to Ulysses from... what, Homer? Still not clear on what they felt that change necessary, did they feel too many readers would think of the Simpsons instead of the greek storyteller? Dunno.
>>
>>84511687
So is this event really just Iron Man throwing a temper tantrum because his buddy got killed fight fucking Thanos? Is nobody going to just recommend sitting down and discussing the fucking pros and cons of this shit?
>>
>>84511687
>Okay, I don't really have any real evidence that they're doing, or will do anything wrong; but if you use your imagination, Carol's side is obviously full of hypothetical Nazis.
>>
>>84512728
This is worse than Civil War 1, at least then it was a very widespread and emotional issue that involved a lot of conflicting forces, this is two sides that are barely sides, that are barely fighting.

It's so easy to de-escalate, THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WORKING TOGETHER, AND FIGHTING TOGETHER FOR YEARS.
>>
>>84512732
Maybe they think a James Joyce reference makes it high brow.
>>
>>84512732
After the neogaf leak we were all making fun of Homer.
>>
>>84512183
It really is a great face
>>
>>84512697
Marvel makes all the good people have shit lives. Matt "My life is shit" Murdock, Scott "Mutant Hitler" Summers, any of the Fantastic Four.
>>
>>84511687
tony's such a race baiter
>>
>Miles with the "I know this is race baiting but it might be working" face

Pretty low of Tony. Go ahead and use the "profiling" thing on a black kid AND a muslim kid.
>>
>>84512473
What precogs do they have around? I didn't think the Mutants had much left in the way of Precognition. Destiny's been dead forever.
>>
>>84511687
Remember Mar-Vell. I miss that guy.
>>
>>84512735
Keep in mind this team has been together for years saving the world side by side.
>>
>>84512552
They are trying to be transparent so the people will trust them.
>>
>>84512927
Blindfold.

And they already did the plotline with "Destiny's Diaries" long after she died.

AND the story line before Messiah Complex was Sinister trying to knock off all the precogs/time travelers/people with future knowledge to get the one up on where Hope was going to be.
>>
>>84511687
>I'm still working that out.

Literally Bendis talking through Tony.
>>
>>84511760

But he's right. It creates an information paradox.
>>
>>84513028
Could you explain what you mean by information paradox?
>>
>>84512739
>Okay, but imagine, like, TWICE as many hypothetical people.
>>
>>84512629
But that's why Ulysses' power circumvents that problem. For him it isn't "there's 1,000,000 possible futures, and I see one of them" it's "there's 1,000,000 possible futures, and I see anything that happens in at least 950,000 of them.
>>
>>84512739
>Okay, I don't really have any real evidence that they're doing, or will do anything wrong

Well, 2 people are dead and a third is in a coma. Carols side has obviously fucked up.
>>
>>84512915
He also used the "its profiling" line on Sam Wilson. It seems to be the line he uses on minorities to recruit them to his side.
>>
>>84511789
They're emoting, your dumbfuck. He's squinting.
>>
>>84511687
Tony really is using that as a buzzword isn't he.

>ITS PROFILING!
>PROFILING!
>I WAS JUSTIFIED IN KIDNAPPING THIS INNOCENT KID AND ALMOST STARTING A WAR WITH A SOVEREIGN NATION BECAUSE PROFILIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!!!

And it is complete nonsense.
How does 'profiling' warn Uly about a giant Celestial creature with an army of smaller robots that is about to attack the Earth?
Or warn him that Thanos is about to attack a laboratory on Earth to steal their shit?

Why do you people still give them money for this crap?
>>
>>84513162

But I'm afraid the reveal is going to be something along the lines of "I see a bad future in 1 of 1,000,000 possible futures, and my power forces us down that one narrow branch".

At that point he isn't predicting, he is *causing*. He has Black Cat bad luck powers that impact the entire universe. Tony and Carol will want to put a bullet in that head.
>>
>>84513172
Superheroes risk their lives every day stopping super threats, that is part of the risk of wearing the tights.

Hawkeye being a sperg and murdering Bruce Banner is just Bendis being a dick to the poor archer again, like always.
>>
>>84512061
Except it was total bullshit the way he told it to Sam too. Even if the Rookie inhuman hates negros and jews that doesn't really explain how he's been able to accurately predict cosmic attacks he has absolutely no pre-knowledge on.
>>
File: Is it tho.jpg (194KB, 900x723px) Image search: [Google]
Is it tho.jpg
194KB, 900x723px
I mean, is it REALLY tho?
>>
>>84512629
see, an explanation like the one you just did would have been better than we gotinstead, the way Tony said it sounded too much like "precog isn't real".
>>
Spidey emotes are best emotes.
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
>>84511687
I can't understand black spiderman's expression, is it one of "Mr Ironman sir, what the fuck are you even talking about?"
>>
File: 1257009069734.jpg (126KB, 450x373px) Image search: [Google]
1257009069734.jpg
126KB, 450x373px
>>84511982
Futurist has a clear vision they aim to see, future reader has visions they barely comprehend and blindly act on.

Ulysses saw a Hulk killing everyone and everyone goes to aggravate the resident mad scientist with pitchforks and torches.

>Inb4 but then it's everyone else's fault, not Ulysses.
Half-correct, it's everyone's fault for not listening to Tony's warning about lynch mobs following Carol.

Carol even trails off when Bruce wants an explanation and Tony has to fill in for her, she's that clueless.

Carol outright admits to Sam she'd goosestep to the beat of The Greater Good even if it leads others down a bad road so long as she thinks she's doing the right thing along the way.

Thinks, not knows. She's demonstrated negative skills in comprehending let alone foreseeing potential problems compared to Tony who has been 100% right on all his speculations with a -1% margin of error. From the analogy about killing Bruce to avoid Age of Hulktron to questioning Ulysses' powers.

Arrows start flying Carol blindly turns to immediately blame Tony, when he in turn blames her recklessness for directly inciting paranoid assassination she pouts
>That's not fair.

Mm.

Jennifer Walters had a missile detonate between her breasts. She is in a coma. Bruce Banner has an arrow in his skull and chest. He is dead. James Rhodes had an entire arm inside his body. He is completely fucked.

Carol Danver's has been slightly disheveled by a shortage of BBC on demand from her space station.

People bringing up the NO U of how Tony did the same in Civil War? That's fair.
Said people intentionally ignoring the Invincible Iron Knee of someone who would know better after Reed's future math warning another with less credentials that it might not be the best approach only to be told her repeating his mistake now is right because he was wrong before isn't unfair.

It's literally full retard.
>>
>that Bendis dialogue
Good god, Marvel, it's time to pay for some writing classes for this man.

>STILL using the "it's profiling!" comparison
I sincerely hope at least one book has a character defining profiling for our supposed genius-level intellect characters and point out how off-base this comparison is.
>>
>>84511687

Tony the fucking futurist sucks so hard. Its a good thing hes being replaced.
>>
>>84512132

They dont see them at the same time. And bishop/cable are from orphaned timelines that were wiped out at this point. There are more charecters like that then there should be.
>>
>>84511687

Also Tony is just explaining why profiling exists in the first place and is honestly the basis for all crime prevention.
>>
>>84513668
I think that's what it is the artist saw it thought it was really fucking retarded and decided to have miles look at Tony like he was an idiot.

I would be surprised if it was the writers intent though.
>>
>>84512844
Don't forget Peter "Sold my marriage to the devil, killed my wife with radioactive semen, and had the first love of my life fucked and killed by by arch-enemy" Parker.
>>
>>84514096
I don't read Spiderman, but it seems to me that it really needs to ditch Slott and Peter could use the "Grayson" treatment
>>
File: marvelcomics.png (13KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
marvelcomics.png
13KB, 300x250px
>>84511687

>Marvelfags are actually discussing this pile of shit they call an event

/co/ is right. You faggots are fucking morons and have shit taste.
>>
>>84512236
makes sense
>>
>>84511687
>rich white guy tells a black kid about profiling
>>
>>84513072
>thing is going to happen
>you stop thing from happening
>therefore he's wrong
>>
File: nice.jpg (6KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
6KB, 287x175px
>>84511702
>>
File: BTAS opening.gif (1016KB, 322x166px) Image search: [Google]
BTAS opening.gif
1016KB, 322x166px
>>84511789
It's called squinting
>>
>>84511687
To be fair, Kamala's sister is doing the same thing.
>>
>>84511687
This is strange. Isn't Stark always talking about what a great futurist he is? He justified many of his actions in the Illuminati and the previous Civil War based on how well he can supposedly predict what could happen. Hell, he just did it again during the trial of Hawkeye.
So it's perfectly all right for Stark to make a mess of things based on his best guesses of what the future will bring, but when someone who has powers to do pretty much the same thing shows up (with arguably better results) he's suddenly suspicious? Or maybe he's just jealous?
>>
>>84514647

or maybe because of how well it went when he did it, he's just trying to prevent others from doing it again

i mean, if HE failed at it, then according to Mr. Ego that means nobody can do it right

and he's right
>>
>>84514539
Kamala's sister is the one that saw the news report about the punk crook stealing a high-tech tank from the military and was all "THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS GOING TO DO WITH IT, THE MAN IS JUST KEEPING US DOWN!", right?

I still don't grasp the logic of that scene... he stole a weapon from the armed forces, that in itself is a serious crime worthy of being arrested over.
>>
>>84514901
Yeah, that was her.
>What?!!11! They aressted that gang leader for stealing a tank?
>What the fuck America you don't know what this GANG LEADER was going to do with a STOLEN TANK
>>
>>84511819
that's why i like miles' reaction. (though he'll prob end up working with tony anyway)
>>
>>84514456
But there are inherently some events that would occur without intervention. I think it's not impossible to make a superpower like that at least plausible within its own universe.
>>
>>84511702
god, I don't know why the fuck I laughed so hard.
>>
>>84514647
Or maybe the explanation is that this is a shit event.
>>
>>84511687
It's Marvel, minorities can do no wrong.
>>
>>84511760
They literally have shown that this inhuman can predict the future.
>>
>>84517172
Unless they're mutants.
>>
>>84511819
I hate to be 'that guy', but it is profiling. Exactly. Statistically person x is more likely to commit a crime.
>>
>>84511702
Nice
>>
>>84511978

Y'know, if I actually did that as a drinking game I would have been drunk as a skunk before the first issue was done.
>>
>>84517204
If by statistically you mean, I saw in the future person x commits this crime then yeah, that's exactly what it is.

Except that's not the same thing at all.
>>
>>84517204
Profiling is based on generalities of the person.

What he's doing is seeing a future where someone commits a crime.

Tony's arguing that "just because you saw hulk surrounded by dead avengers with him holding one doesn't mean that the hulk killed them" which does have some truth to it (he could just be the only survivor and could be trying to hold one of his dead friends)
>>
>>84511687
>good for who
It's whom, Tony. Good for whom.

Who is writing this garbage

Actually, no, who is editing this garbage, it's their job to catch this shit
>>
>>84517291
Tony is right now that they're going around murdering people who've done nothing wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_mbydldFNeP1rgbma5o1_500.gif (828KB, 485x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbydldFNeP1rgbma5o1_500.gif
828KB, 485x282px
>>84511687
>the future hasn't happened yet
Wow, Tony. Did you hit your head and lose all your knowledge of physics?
>>
>>84517293
This is dialogue, no one uses whom anymore, that's hardly the worst thing you can point out here.

Change it to who's it good for? or something I suppose.
>>
>>84517307
yeah but ms marvel (part of the group dedicated to stopping crimes before they happened) wasn't part of that
that was part of an entirely separate deal clint and banner made with each other
>>
>>84517307
Who is 'they'? Hawkeye did it completely on his own using the arrow Bruce gave him for a hulk out situation.

The only one at fault is the archer for being a premature ejaculator, and you know thats just because Bendis hates him for a reason and constantly looks for any excuse to shit on the guy.
>>
>>84517344
Isn't she the one who brought everyone over there in a big lynchmob to confront the Hulk who they thought would kill them?
>>
Does anyone find this to be a really weird stance for Tony to take?

Not only did he want the registration act for the same reason, but he pre-emptively shot Hulk into space because he decided Hulk shouldn't be able to do more damage in the future.
>>
>>84517377
Nah maaaaaaan, it's coo', he erased his own memories so now he is no longer guilty of any of his crimes against his friends.
>>
>>84517342
>this is dialogue, no one uses whom
He's one of the most brilliant men on the planet but his speech on this page demonstrates a total failure to grasp grammar, physics, and what profiling is.
>>
>>84517408
Yeah it's a terrible mess, I'm not defending it really.
>>
>>84511687
>Tony claims to be a futurist and saying how time is "broken" because of too much time travel despite apparently having no fucking idea how time works
>Carol got a lecture by Galactus himself on exactly how time works, though not believing half of what he told her, still has more to go off of than her ass
Tony has no idea what he's talking about and is just trying to say whatever will get people to take his side, which is a whole lotta him screaming "PROFILING!" to minorities and blowing shit out of proportions.
>>
>>84517244
I thought that's what he did. I saw x future and it is statistically likely to happen 99% of the time. Still leaves the one percent.
>>
File: civil war dramatic shift.jpg (4MB, 5896x3056px) Image search: [Google]
civil war dramatic shift.jpg
4MB, 5896x3056px
>>84517368
Actually it's not really clear.

She went there on her own to talk to Banner.

Then the next scene had her and an army outside with Banner.
>>
>>84511702
That wasn't Nice
>>
>>84511687
Can't you just keep tabs on pre-crime suspects? SHIELD does shit like that all the fucking time.

Don't go full Minortiy Report, but if it looks like they're definitely moving towards that destiny, move in and eliminate or contain. If the latter, gril 'em for information... That's not controversial, it's fucking common sense.
>>
File: 1467208783249.jpg (206KB, 974x654px) Image search: [Google]
1467208783249.jpg
206KB, 974x654px
>>84517344
>ms marvel

>>84517368
do you two mean CAPTAIN Marvel? She's the leader of the "precognition is awesome" brigade. Ms. Marvel is the strechy brown teenager.
>>
File: Civil War II (2016-) 002-007.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Civil War II (2016-) 002-007.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
This is what bugged the fuck out of me.

For one thing: Electricity does not travel through hair.

Two: Anyone who has read Karnak can see that is not how Karnak acts.
>>
>>84513952
What do you think orphaned timelines ARE, son?

Futures that didn't happen, which means they can't be the actual future, which means if a precog saw them, they were fucking wrong.

The whole point of "the future" is it's not mutable like the past and present are, it's an IDEA, not a fact, that changes all the time.
>>
File: 1441727639267.png (625KB, 377x731px) Image search: [Google]
1441727639267.png
625KB, 377x731px
>>84517539
>>
>>84517551
Sorry, they've rebooted her five times in five years, I can't keep track.
>>
>>84517531
Why do they even have everyone there? Why don't they just have a few strong people around that could toss the Hulk into space instantly if Banner actually did hulk-out and combat him there where he would be much less of a threat collateral-damage-wise?
>>
>>84517561
You don't know how superhair works!

...Yeah but no that was all fucking stupid.
>>
>>84517561
How does Medusa move her hair? Is it psychic, or are the hairs made of something normal hair isn't, like maybe muscle fiber?
>>
>>84517594
...Does it extend to ALL her hair?
>>
>>84517594
She uses psychokinesis to move it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medusa_(comics)#Powers_and_abilities
>>
File: 1456352249191.jpg (736KB, 752x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1456352249191.jpg
736KB, 752x1000px
And here I thought Kamala would be safe from the BENDIS bullshit. Shame. I liked her.
>>
>>84517561
>For one thing: Electricity does not travel through hair.
That wasn't electricity, that was a special energy blast designed to target Inhuman DNA.
>>
>Carol has gotten two of Tony's best friends killed. And She Hulk.
I'm honestly surprised that Tony hasn't outright tried to kill Carol in a fit of Alcoholic Rage yet.
>>
>>84517677
well shulk was his fugbuddy, so that counts as a friend right? Right?
>>
>>84517767
He seduced her right before he told her he shot her cousin into space.

In fact it's implied that he did it so she wouldn't accidentally call Hulk and find out.
>>
>>84517677
> gotten two of Tony's best friends killed.
nope. when you fight Thanos, sometimes you take casualties. Carol's plan was fine and it worked. And she didn't want Banner to die -- that was Hawkeye being an idiot.

>I'm honestly surprised that Tony hasn't outright tried to kill Carol in a fit of Alcoholic Rage yet.
probably because he knows he'd lose. She's taken a nuke to the face and gotten punched so hard she flew into orbit around the Earth and she wasn't even bruised. And that's before she gets really pissed off and goes Binary mode (a.k.a. super Saiyan).
>>
>>84517677
Warmachine and She-Hulk are adult superheroes who died doing the same work they do every day, and in doing so saved many lives from the assault of Thanos.

You can't blame Banner dying on Carol when it was the contrived death-pact he had with Clint that got him killed because Purple Arrow acted like a spaz for no reason except plot fiat.
>>
>>84517801
>>84517767
And here's the fucking page.
>I'm a futurist, Jen! I could see what was coming. Chaos. Death. Destruction. And I fixed it!
>>
>>84517824
The Rhodey and Shulk thing could have been avoided had they called in some bigger guns. The Banner thing could've definitely been avoided had just Tony and Carol gone instead of every fucking hero plus some nobodies.
>>
File: SheHulk_18_IronMan_Doom 2.jpg (552KB, 1369x1039px) Image search: [Google]
SheHulk_18_IronMan_Doom 2.jpg
552KB, 1369x1039px
>>84517844
Err, here's the page.
>>
>>84517857

So that's why Bendis is turning Doom into Iron Man
>>
>>84517847
>The Rhodey and Shulk thing could have been avoided had they called in some bigger guns.
bullshit.
>>
>>84517531
Wait I thought he wasn't Hulk right now, it was Amadeus Cho?
>>
>>84517924
He wasn't. He can't transform. But he was experimenting on how to turn back.

Hawkeye says he saw Banner's eyes turn green for a second.
>>
>>84517847
I'm pretty sure that Rhodey and Shulk were the biggest guns on Earth.
>>
>>84517857
>>84517844
thanks for posting these, anon.

ya know, I'm thinking about the ending of Hickman's Avengers. Wasn't Tony constantly babbling about what was going to happen and how he could stop it?
>>
>>84517847
They had the other female Captain Marvel and Blue Marvel along with Carol the Binary, they couldn't have had much bigger guns outside of maybe calling in girlThor.
>>
>>84517963
Red Hulk not around anymore? (sorry I'm a few years behind)
>>
>>84517963
>War Machine
>big gun
I see what you did there but no
>>
>>84517944
>>84517924
>He can't transform. But he was experimenting on how to turn back.
I think Banner's condition is the only part of this that works well. He's 90% sure he's cured.... but we don't know for sure, do we? and neither do any of the heroes.
>>
>>84514096
Not even leaving it at fucked, impregnated her
>>
>>84517963
Are you that ignorant? She had cosmic-tier people on the anti-thanos team like Blue Marvel who is basically another superman-knockoff but better.
>>
>>84517990
he vanished for a while. IIRC he was cured, but in the upcoming USAvengers, Rulk is back......and this time he keeps his glorious 'stache while in Hulk form.
>>
This is why I can't read Marvel anymore.

It just gets me so frustrated seeing characters I've grown to like suddenly act completely different for the sake of an event.
>>
>>84517539
yeah it was Nice
>>
>>84518066
That's why I stopped following Marvel month to month, during Civil War 1, Punisher admitting his man crush to Captain America, Spider-Man acting like a tool for no reason other than to move the plot along.
>>
>>84518097
Civil War was just a clusterfuck. I would have dropped Marvel completely during that time if it wasn't for Nextwave.
>>
>>84511687
What's with Spidey's slit eyes? He Asian now?
>>
>>84512614
get really angry at a postman
>>
>>84517531
Why have they synergised him to look like Edward Norton?
>>
>>84518190
He's squinting
>>
>>84518283
in a mask?
>>
>>84511687
>Carol being a racist even though she and Rhodey...
>>
>>84518315
Are you new to Spider-Man?
Or even comics where the hero wears a mask in general?
>>
>>84518330
yeah, makes perfect sense
>>
>>84518315
Haven't you ever read a Spider-Man comic before?
>>
>>84518330
>implying she didn't dress him up as a slave girl and shatter his shitter
>>
>>84518349
>>84518355
No, I'm here for the cartoons
>>
>>84518393
Havent you ever watched a Spider-Man cartoon? Or any cartoon with heroes in masks?
>>
>>84518400
No, I don't really like superheroes, I just joined the thread because I saw an opportunity to reference Fallout >>84518219
>>
>>84517520
Profiling is a group, if I say Michael William Deederson is going to shoot up a school, I know because he posted it on facebook. Then I'm not 100% sure he really well do it, that doesn't mean it's profiling.

Profiling is saying neo-nazis are this likely to do this, blacks are this likely to do this, and sorting people into categories.
>>
>>84518013
We do know he's cured. In Chulk's book Banner was doing everything he couldn't because of the Hulk
>>
File: Spectacular ass kicking.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Spectacular ass kicking.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>84518412
Oh well Spider-Man (and other heroes) emoting though their masks has always been a thing. It's not usually a literal thing though, like how they did it in civil war with special lenses. It's so that you, kids, whoever can get their reactions without having them unmask every 2 seconds
>>
>>84518414
With the 'uncertain future' aspect, since nothing is written in stone, if someone is 'guilty' in *a* future, doesn't mean they're guilty in all futures.

Not sure if I'd call it profiling, but it's along the lines of 'they're likely to commit crimes, we take care of it now'. Cops do that kinda thing, so maybe that's where the profiling aspect comes into play?
>>
File: nbc712.jpg (168KB, 558x866px) Image search: [Google]
nbc712.jpg
168KB, 558x866px
>>84518393
Oh. Well, Spider-Man's mask, ALL Spider-Men's masks, have eyes that move. They squint and swell and bulge and do all sorts of other stuff to show emotion.

Does it make sense? No, of course not. But that's comics for you.
>>
>>84518412
haha

your honesty is refreshing. Welcome!
>>
>>84511760
Sounds like something Jaden Smith would say.
"But how can you see the future...if it hasn't happened yet?"
>>
File: Spider&Punisher.png (1MB, 854x651px) Image search: [Google]
Spider&Punisher.png
1MB, 854x651px
>>84518412
>>84518456
nother more recent example
>>
>>84518472
He really looks like Deadpool in that last panel.
>>
File: confession.jpg (162KB, 343x411px) Image search: [Google]
confession.jpg
162KB, 343x411px
>>84518379
>>
>>84515307
its always alternate world timeline stuff, if they were able to see a future they couldnt stop from happening at ANY cost then even knowing about it makes for a timeline where he already knew about the threat before it happened.

Think dragonball, Trunks went to the past and told them the androids were coming, so he created an alternate timeline that had different androids. With the androids around he also created a timeline where cell shows up.
Back to his time and thigns that happened still happened otherwise there would be no trunks that would go back in time.
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.