[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: convince me that Deadpool isn't just a dumb amerifat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (181KB, 660x673px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
181KB, 660x673px
ITT: convince me that Deadpool isn't just a dumb amerifat ripoff of Tank Girl

Protip you cant
>>
>>84506908
Tank Girl isn't Deathstroke
>>
>>84506939

Neither is Memepool but that didn't stop Marvel
>>
>>84506908
He doesn't fuck furries.
>>
>>84506990

He would if they existed in his world
>>
Rob Liefeld was already ripping off like five other different things. He wanted to draw a character that looked like Spider-Man. He wanted to make a character connected to Weapon X like Wolverine. He wanted to make a character that was a bounty hunter like Boba Fett. The Deathstroke connection is more well-known but that wasn't really there originally, that was added by Fabian Nicieza.

Tank Girl just doesn't factor in.
>>
>>84508401
>The Deathstroke connection is more well-known but that wasn't really there originally, that was added by Fabian Nicieza.
Really? Because Liefeld is a huge fan of New Teen Titans. Youngblood was originally his pitch to revamp the team like what X-Force was for New Mutants
>>
>>84508419
According to Nicieza and Liefeld it wasn't there initially. I believe Rob since he's so open about what he was stealing it's not like there's a reason to lie.
>>
>>84506908
Deadpool wasn't made for punk lesbians and feminist who would later sell out to the system and get their teeth fixed after vaginal acids made their teeth worse.

Deadpool was made for people who had bought in to a system.
>>
>>84506908
It's pretty self-evident that Deadpool was a Deathstroke ripoff, and I think that you're confusing modern Deadpool with OG Deadpool.

Also, inspirations aren't exclusive. If some modern Deadpool writer talks about Tank Girl, then maybe you're right about that in addition to Deadpool originally being a Deathstroke rip-off.

But until then, this is just a coincidence that you think means something.
>>
Feminist or not, Tank Girl is fun to read
>>
>>84507037
What do you call Squirrel Girl?
>>
Deadpool has Duggan, Uncanny X, Nicienza's & Cable run and a pretty good movie. Tank Girl has terrible comics by Jhonen Vazques tier stupid hacks and one of the WOAT movies.
>>
>>84506975
Wut?
>>
>>84506908

I thought Battle Chasers was the Tank Girl ripoff

or am I thinking of something else?
>>
>>84508517
Fursona.
>>
>>84508507
>Feminist or not, Tank Girl is fun to read
Is it feminist? If so how? In the "normal likeable protagonist who happens to be female" or "MUH GURL POWER".
>>
>>84506908
>Tank Girl
>Memepool
>Connected in any way
...No.
>>
File: 1457974065547.jpg (5KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1457974065547.jpg
5KB, 200x200px
>>84506908
>>
>>84506908
His movie made money and people actually read his comics.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.