[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What retard gave this The New 52 label? Why was The New 52 such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (508KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
508KB, 1280x1968px
What retard gave this The New 52 label?

Why was The New 52 such a god damn mess?
>>
Because the inmates run the asylum
>>
>>84452729
The reason is because nobody at DC editorial had the balls to stop Grant Morrison in the middle of an awesome run, and just decided that Batman, Inc. happened both pre- and post-Flashpoint.
>>
>It's ANOTHER New 52 hate thread
This is like the third one this evening. What's happening guys?
>>
>>84452793
Marvel shills trying to damage control the backlash against the NOW and CW2#3 leaks
>>
>>84452793
OP here. I'm a DC man and there were plenty of good New 52 titles (Dail H, Action, Inc)
It was just with that reboot that I realized DC editorial is non existent.
>>
>>84452838
Also, I just like talking about comics.

>>84452815
Marlel is shit. Calm down.
>>
Technically the tail end of Batman INC was part of the New 52, though it's not like Morrison gave a fuck about the change in continuity.

The New 52 got me into comics. Looking back at it, a lot of it was pretty ballsy. They gave Frankenstein an ongoing for fucks sake. They tried to revitalize the War books. They gave Resurrection Man another chance. There was a goddamn O.M.A.C. book. We got some pretty good runs out of it too. A lot of it was a mess and Johns underperformed for most of it (the Shazam story being the obvious exception), but I think the new 52 gets treated unfairly for trying to bring more obscure characters into the forefront.
>>
>>84452937
This.
A fucking Men of War ongoing?
That's gutsy.
>>
File: 1438359789477.gif (391KB, 315x246px) Image search: [Google]
1438359789477.gif
391KB, 315x246px
>>84452729
>Frank Quietly
>>
>>84453043
literally kill yourself
>>
>>84453043
>is the best western comic artist ever
>>
File: 1467121059967.gif (959KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
1467121059967.gif
959KB, 400x228px
>>84453066
>>84453065
Let's be honest here and admit you only like him because you literally have shit taste
>>
>>84453134
You're life is a sad one.
>>
>>84452937
The only thing I like about comic reboots/relaunches is that they give obscure/less outstanding characters a chance in solo books, even Marvel have done this with each of their many relaunches. Stuff like Vision, Omega Men, Ultimates and Midnighter wouldn't be possible without these occasional gambles, even if they only last five issues these days.
>>
>>84452937
This. I think of the New 52 as a series of experiments. Some of them worked, some didn't, but at least they gave them a chance. Looking back at a lot of the titles, Voodoo, Captain Atom, Frankenstien, OMAC, Hawk and Dove, GI Combat, Demon Knights, I, Vampire, Batwing, Vibe, etc. How long had it been since they had ongoings before that if ever? How long had it been since Captain Atom had an ongoing?
>>
>>84452815
This. Can't the Drones just go back to their Bendis's shitty books, and the other crap that Marvel pubblishing NOW.
>>
New 52 pros:
- Gave a lot of obscure characters and franchises a chance
- Gave new writers like Lemire and Snyder their breaks
- Some really great runs (Action Comics, Wonder Woman, Dial-H, Animal Man, etc.)
- Got a lot of new readers
- Technically we got Multiversity out of it

New 52 Cons:
- A LOT of bad art, especially whatever book Liefeld was shitting up
- Trinity War was shit, Forever Evil was okay, though a bit too gory and ugly for some.
- A lot of bad writers ruined potentially good books
>>
>>84453300
>I think of the New 52 as a series of experiments. Some of them worked, some didn't, but at least they gave them a chance.
I do admit it was really interesting what Robinson was doing with Earth-2. Shame he left the book and it went to shit.
>>
>>84453300
30 years
>>
Didn't the New 52 re-popularize Suicide Squad/Harley Quinn? We probably wouldn't have the movie if it wasn't for the New 52. Take that for whatever it's worth.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.