[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 501
Thread images: 57

File: Carla is rich we get it.png (400KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Carla is rich we get it.png
400KB, 1000x333px
I'm not even sure what to think anymore.
>>
>>84317685
I know what you should think:

"I need to stop subjecting myself to this torture and drop this comic."

Trust me, the only times I've heard about Willis was from here. If you guys didn't bitch about him, he would live a life of obscurity.
>>
>>84317786
He makes enough money to live off from this comic, anon
>>
>>84317685
don't worry, this comic will tell you what to think eventually

actually what? is this the future? why would there be ultracar toys? did ultracar become famous? i quit shortpacked a long time ago
>>
>>84317685
What the hell is up with her glasses?
>>
>>84317685
this is hack fan-fiction tear exposition.
>everyone hated me
>whatever reason was convenient
probably a fucking clue about something, isn't it?
>>
>>84317809
Okay so quick breakdown.

This is an alternate Universe where Willis is using all the same characters from Shortpacked!, but they're in college. Also Carla is Ultra Car from Shortpacked!, but in this Universe instead of being a humaney lookin' robot or whatever, she's a transgender girl who based her entire life around a shitty cartoon show back in the 90's.
>>
File: 1410837285714.jpg (95KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1410837285714.jpg
95KB, 625x790px
>>84317685

>Everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient.

Yeah, I'm certain people hated her for reasons completely unrelated to the fact that she's a huge annoying asshole. Then again, she is a spoiled rich kid, so it's not like that's unusual.
>>
>>84317685
I genuinly don't get Carl's logic.
>>
File: Carla Ruten.png (147KB, 750x687px) Image search: [Google]
Carla Ruten.png
147KB, 750x687px
>>84317867
What do you expect when Willis himself has stated that she's constantly trying to be an asshole to people.

Also get this, Jacob is one of the characters who has a cast profile. Not Mary, or Hank, or even Leslie, but Jacob somehow gets a cast profile.
>>
>>84317685

It's weird, when he was talking about Dexter & Monkey Master a couple strips ago he was articulating himself pretty well "something about cultural relevant", and then on this strip he's reduced to the diction of a ten-year-old talking about far jokes. This really inconsistent.
>>
>>84317988
I think he's intentionally being juvenille just to piss Carla off

but that might be giving him too much credit.
>>
>>84317988
It's another instance of Willis not being able to just leave a strip alone. He's done this before but the one that sticks out the most is where Becky and Joyce are talking about something in her old room and they joke about picking up sticks or something. Then he updated that to involve Joyce overreacting and looking like a spaz about the sticks.
>>
>>84317786

It's cute that you think that
>>
>>84317685

so the joke is he takes the show on the superficial level but she has all these memories. but I'm worried somehow it will be drama about him disrespecting the show and her. i mean her whole speech is about how it's not the actual show it's these memories and feelings!!
>>
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/David_Willis

Same guy?
>>
>>84317866

Carla's a guy, dude.
>>
>>84317685
Everyone hated Carla for whatever reason was convenient.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, it's because Carla is an obnoxious asshole, and ALWAYS HAS BEEN?
>>
>>84317966

But why?

What would he get out of that? Why would one WANT to be hated?
>>
>>84318123
Pretty much. Willis decided some time ago that anything that made Walky happy was for the wrong reasons.
>>
File: 1466549140940.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1466549140940.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>84317966

>Is constantly an asshole to everyone because she craves attention.
>Is disheartened when that attention is negative or openly hostile.
>Didn't even come from a neglectful family situation that might explain such behavior, and in fact comes from a privileged, wealthy corporate/engineering family with parents that doted on her and paid for everything she's ever wanted or needed.
>We're supposed to sympathize with this character because...trans?

Carla is one of the least relatable characters in this entire shit show of a webcomic. Nothing about her behavior is justified or even logical given her upbringing. She's just an asshole that fucks with people and then acts surprised when someone lashes out right back like Mary did. And then she flaunts her power, money, and influence right back at Mary with that dangerous pie-machine prank.

Not even Becky is this completely infuriating.
>>
>>84318203
It's nice to know how people feel about you
instead of wondering if people are talking about you behind your back I'm assuming there's some sort of solace in knowing for certain that they are doing it
>>
>>84318203
Because Willis can't write anymore.
>>
>>84317685

>Everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient.

Maybe it's because you're a bitch cunt whose deranged gender-change did nothing but legitimize the fact that you're a bitch.
>>
>>84318236

I imagine most people would feel completely ambivalent to Carla's existence if she wasn't such a tremendous twat.
>>
>>84318237
That would imply he could write at one point.
>>
>>84317685
So, the reason she's set on being a humongous asshole to everybody is because she wants people to hate her on her own terms. She'd rather be hated for the bad things she actually did and enjoys than for existing.
>>
FEEL SORRY FOR ME BECAUSE MY ONLY TOY WAS A FUCKING INTRICATE WORK OF ENGINEERING MY PARENTS BUILT FOR ME FROM SCRATCH
>>
>Carla underwent gender reassignment because of a failed children's cartoon show.

Literally any last ability to be taken seriously gone.
>>
>>84317685
>Parents that aren't awful
How long will that last?
>>
>>84318233
That's because Becky actually had shit happen to her and Carla was just an anti-social asshole.

I want this meeting to happen now, just to see Willis try and justify the hugbox surrounding Carla.
>Becky: Yeah, my dad kidnapped me and beat up my girlfriend because it turns out I like girls. Mom also tried to commit suicide and I walked in on her doing it once.
>Carla: Yeah well, my favorite cartoon didn't have any toys.
>>
>>84318306

The logic behind this tactic is flawed, because there are plenty of people who would not hate Carla simply for existing / being trans that WOULD grow to hate her because she's doing annoying shit all the time.
>>
>>84317685
Hopefully Ross comes back and just shoots Carla. I take back what I said previously, Becky I don't think actually knows better. She's just plain stupid. Carla is a cunt with rich parents who give her whatever she wants and can't comprehend why nobody likes her.
>>
>>84317685
>for whatever reason was convenient
You're a bitch, full stop.
>>
>>84318346
Apparently she might be adopted. Or a robot. But she's definitely an asshole.
>>
>>84318326

Well, thinking you're a woman in a man's body is mentally ill to start with.
>>
>>84317685

>Obsesses over cartoons which even the most retarded children knew was shit

Am I supposed to empathize with a moron?

Oh, right, Willy fans are...
>>
>>84318435
>Apparently she might be adopted.

And?

>Or a robot.

This isn't Questionable Content.
>>
>>84318203
Attention whore
>>
>>84317685
This is a weird exchange, because Walky is a huge cartoon dork who was bullied by his childhood friend Billie and her popular clique. He hasn't been shown to have a single actual friend from high school or even elementary outside of Billie, and he's obsessed with that D&MM show (it's why him and Dorothy are together). The idea that he can get so worked up and emotional about that show that was obviously really important to him, while also not showing any deep emotional attachment is backwards.

Basically, Carla going "my life sucked but at least I had that cartoon" and Walky responding with "duh, the cartoon I liked has farts" is really bad writing. Even though Walky is about being macho, it really does read like "male nerd = bad, trans/female nerd = good." Garbage.
>>
>>84318346
>>Parents that aren't awful

Id say spoiling him to the point where they'll pay to get him butchered rather than get him therapy pretty much means theyre awful.

Im willing to bet if Carl told them to destroy the lives of Mary and her entire family, theyd do it
>>
>>84318145
Oh boy is he ever.
>>
>>84318515
Willis wanted it to be painfully obvious that Carla is the right one here. No, there's no argument or anything going on, but Carla must be always made to look right.
>>
>>84318515

>Carla going "my life sucked but at least I had that cartoon"

This would have some weight if Carla's life ACTUALLY sucked, instead of her coming from a wealthy, loving, and supportive family and most of the bad shit / hatred she gets being the result of her own shitty behavior. The fact that she's rich and white pretty much trumps any of the shit she might get for being trans.
>>
>>84317685
>people hated me for every reason that was convenient
There is always a reason, ALWAYS. Its not fucking rocket science, if you're deviant of have surplus negative traits without a personality of sense of humor to negate it then you will and should be bullied into conforming into a reasonable human standard.

That means hammering out the impurities in the very core of your being that hold you back. people either emerge stronger of shatter though the experience, its a social make or break experience necessity in growing up. Thats why people grow out being a sperg or learn to embrace it 100%, the wheat has to be culled.
>>
File: 1435941465323.jpg (34KB, 512x362px) Image search: [Google]
1435941465323.jpg
34KB, 512x362px
>>84318233
>a bourgeois acts bourgeois
>being surprised
>>
File: ghost.png (838KB, 1000x974px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
838KB, 1000x974px
>>
>>84317685
I know in context this strip is dumb as hell, but the idea that Carla opens up and leaves herself vulnerable expressing her deep emotional attachment to a children's cartoon in the middle of a nerd fight just to have Walky not give a single fuck made me laugh out loud. Kudos Willis, you've failed into greatness.
>>
>>84318306
No, she just wants people to pay attention to her. That's it, she's an attention whore. Nobody but her parents paid attention to her as a kid so she'll act like an asshole just because it means people will have to pay attention to her.

She's honestly one of the shittiest, most self-centered assholes I've ever seen in a webcomic.
>>
Christ, at this point Willis is pretty much outlining one of Cerberus' fucking comment essays panel-by-panel, letting her know exactly how to praise him and what words to use. This is infuriating.

I wonder if anyone who archive binges this comic will be able to tell the exact point Carla went from "the new Mike" to "whatever Cerberus tells me she is".
>>
File: 2012-03-12-sshh[1].png (268KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-12-sshh[1].png
268KB, 1000x333px
>>84318515 (Me)
Hey, I found a comic that shows his emotional investment.
>>
>>84317685
>be Carla
>rich as shit parents are loaded in dosh
>Loved by family and spoiled constantly
>act like lord fontmerory a annoying boy prince all though school
>people dont like it
>double down on being annoying since nobody pays attention to me otherwise
>disguise all self pity into righteous indignation at all criticism going though the *trans* filter
>suprised when people dont like me

people in real life like this die alone and unloved unless somebody marries into the money and arranges an 'accident'
>>
>>84318145

Yes.

The fact TF wiki has an article on him shows what a gargantuan narcissist he is.

- Has a blog
- posts regularly at Allspark
- Has had half a dozen comic strips featuring him in some form.
- Made his own "Walkypedia" to showcase every aspect of his creation
- Pays so TFU.Info has TWO banner ads of his comic on every single solitary page
- Makes TFWIKI to force more of his opinions, attitudes and biases onto readers

He's far more than an ordinary attention whore. He's an attention SINGULARITY from which the tiniest ray of humility can escape
>>
>>84318743
>accident
what did he mean by this
>>
>>84318671
How is Walky even remotely negroid

Are we sure his family aren't just Mexicans pretending to be black for the pity points and they just didn't tell the kids "We're really beaners, i mean even our eyes are beans"
>>
File: Hmm.png (6KB, 408x286px)
Hmm.png
6KB, 408x286px
>>84318655

Ooooh, I think I get it now. See, I was coming at her behavior thinking it was illogical that someone without a neglectful home life would crave attention so strongly, but you've opened my eyes. It's BECAUSE her parents paid so much attention to her and gave her everything she ever wanted (from toys to hormones) that she needs attention from others. She got so used to being the center of the universe that the idea of people being ambivalent to her existence was incomprehensible. Even if it's negative attention, she NEEDS to be acknowledged. It's not about "being hated on her own terms". To Carla, someone not having an opinion about her AT ALL is far, far worse than being hated.

It all makes sense to me now.
>>
File: 1380340098547.jpg (38KB, 450x495px)
1380340098547.jpg
38KB, 450x495px
>>84318772
>tfw married a passing trap but shes such a annoying peice of shit and more hung than me so decide to cut the breaks of her car
>tfw have to tell her i love her with a strait face before she drives off
>>
I'm actually genuinely interested to see where Willis goes with the very CONCEPT of Carla's parents considering her original 'parent' was Joe and he's just another student now.
>>
>>84317685
Christ, did Willis just start randomly raging about some cartoon cancellation and decide to insert his rant into his strips for a few days? Like what the fuck is this? I know he's bad, but that last panel is Dobson-tier.

>Everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient
It's a little late for me to give a shit about a character getting hate when the story has explicitly stated that she wants to get hate.
>>
>>84318958
>Christ, did Willis just start randomly raging about some cartoon cancellation and decide to insert his rant into his strips for a few days?
One of the things he had her mention was Ultra Car getting canceled due to it not getting ratings in the right demographic so yes, he believes the (long disproven) rumor that Young Justice was canceled because girls watched it and decided to include that in his story.
>>
>>84319029
This is going to end with the Ultra Car cartoon going on netflix and getting new seasons due to Carla's parents money, isn't it?
>>
WORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDSWORDS
>>
>>84319029
I thought it was canceled because nothing Greg Weisman has his hand in can last longer than two seasons?
>>
File: What.jpg (15KB, 120x178px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
15KB, 120x178px
>>84318233
>In which a person's told to check their privilege by one of the most privileged people on campus.
>>
>>84318198
Carla an asshole? This Carla >>84317966? No way!
>>
>>84318322
>POOR RICH KID!
>>
>>84319118
Nobody bought the toys. That's really it.
>>
>>84319247
Because toys are only for collectors these days. Just make a fucking pay to win game where you can upgrade the heroes and sell it for 99 cents. Kids'll eat that shit up.
>>
>>84319247
CN also grossly mismanaged its time slots. You'd see tons of advertisements for it but rarely the show itself.
>>
>>84318958

I guess having is not as pleasing a thing as wanting
>>
>>84317988
>>84318018
I feel like if someone I didn't particularly like decided to waste my time with their life story I would end up fucking with them like this
>>
>>84317685
What an insufferable little shit.
We get it, you're rich.
The tactful thing isn't to rub it in people's faces.
>>
>>84319247

The toys weren't particularly good. They never made Superboy and Miss Martian
>>
File: 1438236403007.png (73KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438236403007.png
73KB, 300x500px
>>84317685
Im going to take a shot in the fucking dark and assume the reason people hate him is because hes an asshole and has always been somewhat unpleasant to deal with. So then it comes back to Im an asshole because people thought I was an asshole for being an asshole. Except now hes got silicon and a skirt
>>
>>84317834
I want to know if Willis has that level of self-awareness, since this is obviously the narrator talking directly to the audience through Carl, or if he's truly so oblivious.
>>
>>84317685
>>84317966
Carla is the worst
>>
>>84319492
Willis doesn't care.
He went fucking completionist on the Justice League Unlimited figures, and they were fucking terrible.
>>
>>84318671
Walky being an ass here is badly out of character. Willis a hack, news at 11. Billie a shit
>>
>>84317685
>WORDS WORDS WORDS
Did B^Uckly or Winston Rowntree guest write this?
>>
>>84318322
>>84319197
>...So we searched everywhere, we did. Every Walmart, Target, and Toys R Us in the Indianapolis area. Nothing. We found out Ultra Car toys didn't exist. Nobody wanted the license.

>But one day I come home from school and there it is. It's a little Ultra Car toy. My mom and dad made me one. A scratch-build.

>She even went from car mode to spaceship mode to submarine mode...that day I realized that I had a family.

>Everyone else made fun of me for being the weird, awkward kid from foster care. But no matter they said or did to me...there was still Ultra Car waiting for me at home, letting me know that my mom and dad loved me no matter what.

>I loved that little car. I loved her. I wouldn't be, I couldn't be, who I am today without her.
>>
File: 435.png (526KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
435.png
526KB, 1600x900px
>>84317786
It doesn't help that Ronnie is also partly responsible.
>>
File: 2965726-7598748466-james.gif (1MB, 538x369px) Image search: [Google]
2965726-7598748466-james.gif
1MB, 538x369px
I wish I could read the whole Brown Family arc (Joyce, Jaqueline, Joe being Joyce's confidant, etc) in a comic that is not this comic.

I really want a good loss of faith story in a comic.
>>
>>84320648
Only if it is followed up by a restoration arc.
Those can bring some real feels.
>>
>>84317685

There's lots of stuff wrong with doa. But I see nothing wrong with this specific comic whatsoever. She projected on a work of fiction when she was younger. That's pretty normal. Also, parents lover her. Good for them.

>>84318233

Bottom left dog looks pretty chill.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (89KB, 722x743px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
89KB, 722x743px
>>84320215
The conspiracy runs deeper!

In all seriousness though, is that just a webring-style banner, or do the creators manually select what goes there?
>>
>>84317685
Is that supposed to garner sympathy?
I don't care if everyone hated her when she was a kid and she liked a show no one else did. She's still an awful immature cunt that starts shit and then can't handle consequences.
>>
is there like

a clinical condition for being unable to write characters that resemble human beings

it feels like he's deliberately avoiding it at this point
>>
>>84320949
I think Hiveworks forces it on all its partners.
>>
>>84321727
It's not a condition, it's just a result of getting his views on the real world from an echo chamber.
>>
>>84317786

The reason we bitch about willis comics is to innoculate ourselves against the dumb shit some ______ized female is going to drop in our laps that she got from a David Willis comic, like the idea that trannies are human.
>>
>>84317685
>>84318671
I think this is the biggest example of character assassination to prove a point. Walky is an insensitive dick about cartoons because he has watched a bulk of them. He's basically the closest thing their universe has to a /co/ shitposter. But he has a very deep and emotional connection with shows. They were basically the only constant in his life after his sister went to Tennesee and his only other friend left. Someone like Walky would be more than understanding about how a cartoon can actually mean more to someone.

But we need someone to be a dick and Walky's Male and JUST white enough so...
>>
>>84321727
Being a hack?
>>
>>84317685
>it's an author-tries-to-justify-his-toy-obsession strip
Don't worry Carla, I'm sure someday, with enough hindsight, you'll figure out the reasons everyone hated you.
>>
>>84321727
well it's not like he can extract that internally, even those who admit being his friends think he's a failure of a human being.
>>
>>84322790
>>
>>84317786

Hide the thread and move on, autist.
>>
>>84321764
The jumpbar helps their popular comics feed the less popular ones, so if nothing else we can be happy that people might go from Shortpacked to Whomp! and get some damn culture.
>>
>>84322800
there have also been rumors that his wife fucks dudes at cons but considering she looks like an even more androgynous clone of him they are highly questionable.
>>
>>84322803
The ironing
>>
>>84322840

Whatever are you blathering on about?
>>
>>84317914
That's because Carla is saying that Ultra Car was important to her but not why. Nothing about the characters, the plots, or anything about the show. Mostly what she gets across is that her parents had the resource or technical knowledge to fabricate a transforming toy for their darling pariah child.
>>
>>84322824

Jesus Christ, these guys are friends?

"Walky, buddy, how are things, ya fuckin' loser? You greasy shit stain of a human being. You pathetic excuse for a man who can barely dress himself let alone make it through a plain ride without shitting his pants. A man who's wife probably despises him and enjoys the precious moments she can have away from him. You really are a walking sack of stale jizzim, you know that? Haha, but we have fun. Love ya, buddy!"
>>
>>84318525
>destroy the lives of Mary and her entire family,
I'd like to see that. Mary keeps getting news of verwhelming economic pressure being brought to bear against her family and she goes out to the hallway where Carla is waiting with a smug look on her face. The comments section would be celebrating like they won the Super Bowl every time.
>>
>>84318630
Nice. I always imagined that Ruth appeared with a BAMF noise and smell of sulfur.
>>
>>84320934
There is nothing wrong with this comic in isolation. However, within context she's trying to win a nerd fight with a personal sob story. On a meta level the author is also trying to force a sympathetic backstory on a character whose personality has always been attention whoring asshole and the best he can come up with is "kids were mean to me when I was younger and my parents, who are fucking loaded, cared about me enough that they drove around to every toy store looking for a toy of my favorite cartoon and when they couldn't find one hand built me one." It doesn't really do much to engender sympathy for Carla, but it does make her parents sound like awesome people.
>>
>>84323532
He's talking to Willis IRL, which means he is Willis' best friend.
>>
>>84323532
>>84324007
Sad thing is that once you read up about what Willis is like in person the strips turn into a gentle ribbing.
>>
File: I miss the old Willis.jpg (117KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
I miss the old Willis.jpg
117KB, 900x720px
>>84317988
>>84318515
>>84321936
Walky's a stupid asshole now, mostly to make other characters look better.
>>84322800
This always makes me laugh.
>>
>>84324057
Source please, I need something to wake me up.
>>
>>84322800
The saddest part of this whole bunch of cartoons to me is that fourth panel. His genuine happiness at seeing Willis actually stand up for himself IRL for once. It basically explains everything you need to know about why he acts and scripts cartoons in such a staggeringly asshurt way.
>>
>>84317685

Oh no, a rich white boy wanted a toy and threw a fit so hard his rich white parents made one for him
>>
....So Carla is basically Briana Wu?
>>
File: Is this untermensch serious.png (184KB, 211x466px) Image search: [Google]
Is this untermensch serious.png
184KB, 211x466px
>>84323532
>He doesn't talk to his friends like this
Its all banter
>>
>>84317988
In the first strip, he was an author avatar justifying Willis' love for Transformers and other old cartoons. In this one, he's the punchline to prevent the strip from becoming too dramatic/interesting.
>>
>>84318233
Carla suffers from severe affluenza.
>>
>>84318630

posted

t. tumblr anon
>>
>>84317685
>My transforming toy car inspired me to cut my penis off.
That's what I got from the fifth panel.
>>
File: 347wuf.jpg (28KB, 465x352px) Image search: [Google]
347wuf.jpg
28KB, 465x352px
>>84317685
>everyone else hated me for whatever reason was convenient
Is that really what completely unlikable idiots tell themselves to justify being shitheads and never working on becoming better people?
>>
>>84325844
>Is that really what completely unlikable idiots tell themselves to justify being shitheads and never working on becoming better people?
Yes, actually.
>>
>>84318770

>The fact TF wiki has an article on him shows what a gargantuan narcissist he is.

As much as I hate Willis, his wiki entry is mostly just a list of the Transformers stuff he's worked on.
>>
>>84318770

>Has a blog
That's been a common thing for well over a decade, now.

>posts regularly at Allspark
He likes Transformers, no? Why does posting regularly somewhere make you a narcissist?

>Has had half a dozen comic strips featuring him in some form.
Are you talking about him self-inserting, or other people doing comics about him? Again, self-inserting in comics is pretty common, especially in webcomics.

>Made his own "Walkypedia" to showcase every aspect of his creation
Wikis are common as fuck now. And it's more to catalog rather than showcase it. That just means he's anally retentive.

>Pays so TFU.Info has TWO banner ads of his comic on every single solitary page
No shit a guy who makes comics buys ads.

>Makes TFWIKI to force more of his opinions, attitudes and biases onto readers
Is this not just him being anally retentive again?
>>
>>84318772

Maybe they're lured into a trap
>>
It's pretty weird how all these different characters are approaching and talking to the trans character like they're a regular person and not awkwardly trying to end their conversation so they don't have to look at them any more.
>>
>>84326931

She's rich, so she can afford to pass well.
>>
>>84326931

Yeah, to be completely honest pretty much every tranny I've ever seen is pretty deep in the uncanny valley, no matter how well they pass.
>>
>we fine gentlefolk start trolling Walkypedia
>post links to his pay-to-read shit
>Willis posts asking them to do something about it
>wikifolk answer truthfully and kindly that there's not much they can do, but meantime he should look into securing his belongings more
>Willis FREAKS OUT, demeans the wiki as not worth his attention, then whines about them on Twitter
>wiki solves the problem
>grovels at him begging forgiveness

Old story but still funny
>>
>>84327406
Sometimes Willis needs to keep his personal army in line. Internet Cred will be an essential currency in the near-future.
>>
>>84317866
kaaaaayyyy...
>>
>>84319247

Weisman himself confirmed this 100% wrong. Low toy sales were the only cause. WB was fine with the additional demographics, they were upset with the low toy sales. The Invasion Toys were neigh impossible to find in store too.

CN/WBs inter political bullshit probably played a part too because DC kept advertising it and GL and then airing their own shows because DC Nation had stronger ratings and they had to pay to air it.
>>
>>84324672
This desu. If a rich black boy did the same thing his rich black parents would just give him a gun.
>>
>actually mildly funny instance of characters arguing about cartoons
>SUDDENLY, TRANS DRAMA

jesus CHRIST I know I shouldn't be surprised by oh my fucking GOD
>>
>>84326739
>He likes Transformers, no? Why does posting regularly somewhere make you a narcissist?

Allspark is where the narcissistic assholes tend to go. It's pretty hated by most other Transformer forums because they feel they're better than them despite being just as shitty, and it's incredibly despised by /toy/.

>Is this not just him being anally retentive again?

He's pretty out of control there yeah.
>>
>>84321764
It's weird to think that SMBC, Whomp!, DoA and El Goonish Shive are all on the same webcomic network.
>>
>>84317685
Why arent these threads banned yet?

It's a waste of precious space on MY /co/ board.
>>
>>84318203
If you think everyone hates you then you might sabotage yourself (intentionally or not) so their true feelings come out. Some people find it comfortable, but they're not happy people.
>>
>>84317685
>everyone hated me for whatever reason
probably because you's a bitch-ass bitch
>>
>>84318608
>being white
>mattering

That's like saying being japanese matters in japan

sure maybe the cops won't ask to see whether you're an illegal filipino or something but otherwise being japanese is just the norm and no one gives you anything extra for it
>>
>>84326739

Hi, Willis!
>>
>>84329011

But lots of cartoons last multiple seasons with no toy lines
>>
>>84317685
I actually think that Willis is inserting himself with Carla in this strip.
Think of it like this
>He made a character called ultra car
>He obessed over it.
>He couldn't let go of it
>Mainl because he was always bullied
>carried it until his late thirties to what we have now.
>>
>>84318647
It didn't make me laugh out loud, but you are right. I agree thoroughly.
>>
>>84329011
WB needs to get their cartoon house in order.

I don't like Disney's Marvel cartoons (some even annoy me) but at least Disney actually shows the Marvel cartoons.

WB makes CN and DC compete with each other. And CN doesn't want to pay DC for cartoons because it's cheaper to make their own. The only reason TTGo isn't cancelled is because it's cheaper.

I fully expect Justice League Action to be cancelled and sold into the government domain so it can never be shown on tv again. (Just like Beware the Batman).

And it's stupid because cartoons can be used to introduce heroes to kids and remind them their brand still exists.
>>
>>84331669
Every character is already a personification of some aspect of Willis' overall persona. He's admitted it in the past.
>>
>>84332358
Yeah, and he doesn't identify with Danny anymore. I wonder if he tries to conncet himself with the background characters.
>>
>>84333277
Doubt it. He's too busy connecting with a near-parody of autism and a too-white-to-be-black manchild. Also a hoarder. And an alcoholic.

And female Batman but also literally psycho.
>>
File: bigotry voodoo.png (573KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
bigotry voodoo.png
573KB, 1000x665px
>>84317685
Must be Mary's bigotry powers making Walky forget that his own history with being an ostracized kid connecting with cartoons should make his response more along the lines of "Oh wow, that is what helped me get through some tough times as a kid too. Want to hang out and watch stuff?" rather than be full autist shit there.

Damn you, bigotry voodoo
>>
>>84333885

Is this new? I feel like I've posted it before.

t. tumblr anon
>>
>>84333932
I got it off your archive.
>>
>>
>>84331669
It almost warrants an emotional response, for Carla at least, except for the whole "my parents made custom toy for me" and "I'm not sure why everyone hates me"
>>
>>84336389
If they hadn't made that toy, it might have been a bit more emotional. And generic "everyone hates me" doesn't work for me. If you're getting made fun of, then you know why, because everyone will go out of their way to inform you of it.
>>
You'd think that Carla's parents would use the design of the custom toy and pitch a new line of Ultra Car toys, or pitch their own original line of transforming vehicles that disguise themselves as robots.
>>
>>84337616
That would only make sense if her parents had some kind of toy or modeling business, from what we've seen they're more like a Google analogue.

>>84337601
>>84336389
I tried altering the dialogue to make her attachment to the car symbolize her connection to her parents, since she's adopted, here >>84319838

Not sure if it really works though.
>>
>>84338299
Forgot your image?
>>
>>84318203
Negative attention is better than none at all in the eyes of some.
>>
>>84338389
No, I don't really have the desire to run an actual edit so I linked an earlier post that contains altered dialogue.
>>
>>84338299
Even so, they could still pitch the design patents or whatever to toy companies. Plus, if Google's rich enough to have their own fiber optics network, then Fake Google can probably have their own toy company.
>>
>>84338642
Yes, but Google's sub-businesses tend to relate to each other and their core.
>>
>>84317802
Why does that matter to anyone that isn't him?
>>
>>84339211
It's cause some anon was insinuating that Willis makes a living based on the strength of these threads alone.
>>
>>84338949
Fair enough.

Maybe Fake Google could implement it into some kind of smart droid. Maybe androids.

...And now I'm picturing DoA being a semi-distant past version of QC, and Carla's parents are responsible for the droids in that comic.
>>
>>84339291

It's ultimately not about money at this stage anyway. Willis is trying to build up enough social currency to become a Prominent Online Personality. The problem is, outside of his TF wiki he's pretty small-time in TF Fandom, his comic knowledge is limited to stuff he gleams from websites and DC animated series. Even in the social commentary game, enough people have realized that, just maybe, the middle-aged white fanboy who's married with two kids might not be the ideal spokesperson for LBGT issues.
>>
>>84338949
>>84339721
Google owns a bunch of companies that make devices that are only tangentially related to the internet, like Nest Labs which makes products like smoke detectors with wifi connection and are programmable
It's not a huge suspension of disbelief that this fake google could make toys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mergers_and_acquisitions_by_Alphabet
Alphabet is a company that the CEOs and founders of google created that bought google
>>
>>84339894
>Alphabet is a company that the CEOs and founders of google created that bought google
No, Alphabet is Google, Inc. itself, but renamed and rebranded. There is still a "Google" that now operates beneath the Alphabet umbrella.

But other than that, yeah. It's not impossible for Google to consider branching out into toys or something.
>>
>>84340069
What's the difference between making a new company and moving all assets there and renaming/branding/creating your company to include the old company and all of it's assets?
>>
>>84340151
Probably some bullshit tax shit or something.
>>
>>84340151
In Google's case, they didn't have to change the name on the front of the building.

>No, we're still Google. We're just technically under Alphabet now. It's... invisible!

Or something like that.
>>
>>84339802
I think he'd probably get a lot more cred if he just admitted he's a middle-aged white guy who tries to be supportive even if he's not always the most knowledgeable guy about LGBT issues. Assuming he's actually sincere about it all.
>>
>>84323532
Friends rag on each other all the time. It's all in good fun although it comes off worse than it should because it's all true and Willis is a pathetic sad sack.
>>
>>84341089
Being supportive and doing what he can would be significantly better than constantly grovelling over his tragic bigoted Christian past. That makes it look like all his grandstanding is all about him and reconciling his Midwestern suburban angst.
>>
>>84341715
>Midwestern suburban angst

Sounds like a great name for a self-aware punk band.
>>
>>84341833
Dibs!
>>
>>84341855
FIGHT ME FOR IT. WHO CAN BE MORE META-PUNK!?
>>
>>84341715
>tragic bigoted christian past
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84341877
My dad put a limit on my Amex Card, and it totally sucks because now I can't buy new vinyls from FYE
>>
>>84341906
Yeah, its why Willis can't deal with ethnic fans face to face because of how His Kind treated people like them, so it turns into a weird grovel-fest.

>Sorry!
>Look, just stop apologizing and actually change and do someth-
>SORRRRYYYY!
>Oh for fuck sake...
>>
>>84331669

In the past few strips Walky is exemplifying Willis' immaturity and complete and utter inability to accept an opinion outside his own.
>>
>>84342068
that doesn't make it fucking tragic.

FUCK willis pisses me off with that shit, ESPECIALLY how he uses it as an excuse to constantly rag on and hate christians.
>>
>>84332020

I found Hulk and the Agents of SMASH enjoyable
>>
>>84342068

Got any images of such? I'd love to have more shit to snicker at him for.
>>
>>84317834
obviously they hated her for being trans, before she was even aware of it herself, and every reason they gave for hating him was just a lie to pretend they weren't committing a hatecrime
>>
File: Dorothy's about to get DP'd.png (406KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Dorothy's about to get DP'd.png
406KB, 1000x333px
New Patreon Page.
>>
>>84342289
>filename.png
I like you.
>>
>>84342330
If only Yoto were still alive.
>>
>>84342289
He really, REALLY needs to practice drawing hands. And show them interacting, if that was supposed to be a handshake.
>>
>>84342289
>setting up MMtFF threesome as next porno

pls willis
>>
>>84342289
>Heartfelt life story
>Fart joke
Oh man, I bet he's gonna get it!
>More nerd war
Oh, never mind, this is just frivolous nonsense.

In before next strip is super dramatic again.

>>84342330
>>filename.png
They're gonna form a wobbly H.
>>
>>84342289
I hate all 3 of them.
>>
>>84342390
Man at some point, Penises and Vaginas are gonna' be bumpin.
>>
>>84342431
Only one vagina
>>
>>84342468
Dorothy is an overachiever, she could have lots if she puts her mind to it!
>>
>>84342183
Sadly just second-hand convention appearance stories I've seen in these threads.

Does the dude even bother with actual conventions still? Last I saw he and some of his web comic pals basically do video-conference/skype kind of things.
>>
>>84342419
after this strip, we probably won't see any of these characters again for at least a month
>>
>>84342289
Dorothy gonna get DPd.
>>
>>84342289
>that hillary clinton slam
But I thought it was current year and we need to have a female president already? Or is this Willis remembering what year his comic takes place in and keeping the social commentary to what it should be at the time? Or some third thing I forgot to think of?
>>
>>84342785
Wasn't she a foreign secretary for Obama? I think she still did stuff.
>>
>>84318203
It's an excuse to a lot of people to avoid self-improvement.

Why didn't I have friends? It wasn't that I made no effort to be social, or never learned how to interact with people, it's because they hated me

Why am I sad? It's not self pity, it's that people hate me no matter what I do

Why should I improve? Everyone's going to hate me anyways.
>>
>>84342785
Carla is rich and is going to go Galt if people don't give her what she wants.
>>
>>84329582
>>
>>84341649

I remember seeing on the QC front page a link to Shortpacked labeled "David Willis is a jerkface"

So turds of a feather really do flock together
>>
>>84341089

With SJWs it'a all about grandstanding and stroking their egos, rather than a sincere desire to do any actual good.
>>
>>84342785

Not to defend anything but Hillary has been a meddlesome figure in politics since her First Lady days
>>
>>84342895
That's some good logic in terms of defense mechanisms.
>>
>>84342289
>>84317685
>college students genuinely arguing over some show
This is probably the most realistic page of DoA I've ever seen. But I went to an engineering college where we literally had retarded people walking around. Dudes who could do physics and stuff, but no idea how to talk to women in a normal way. Fat women who could do math, but tried to act like anime characters. Unironic fedoras and t-shirts. People with no less than four mlp items on at any given time.

Anyways, I hated that school and I hate Willis's comic.
>>
>>84343959
>an engineering college
Well, there's your first problem. You didn't go to an actual college.
>>
>>84344089
It was awful. I got two majors in four years, where people spend seven on one. My school's gen eds were a joke, they were so specified that if you changed your major (even during freshman year) you added another year, at least.

Willis would have liked it there. Lots of feminism and white knighting.
>>
>>84344329
Well, Willis supposedly spent one year in university before dropping out. Maybe he spent the rest of his education at one of those kinds of colleges?
>>
>>84344350
I'm starting to think I went to a technical school.
mst.edu
I went to a real college, it's a branch of University of Missouri. I got bachelor's in Math and Econ.
>>
>>84344402
Yeah, technical schools aren't colleges. They just pretend to be.

As for Missouri S&T, I went to just plain Mizzou. Though I'm going back this fall for a graduate degree. I feel like the only reason I was accepted was because they're strapped for cash after the BLM protests.
>>
>>84344444

>post mentioning BLM gets quints
>post has 4
>4 dead cops in dallas

jesus christ stop the ride I want to get off
>>
>>84344444
Nice quints there, buddy.
Yeah, University of Missouri system sucks.
Also, you probably got in because since they're a public school they accept pretty much whoever. I got a 32 ACT and high school 3.75 gpa, and ended up sitting between a 25 and 35 in some classes. Realistically though, from the difficulty of our classes, we shouldn't have accepted anyone below a 29
>>
>>84344554
Well, I HAVE been posting in /pol/ all night...

>>84344581
That's true, but it's still the grad program. That suffered alongside the incoming freshman numbers.
They probably took in anybody who was willing to pay to go to their school.
>>
>>84344605
I realized I sounded kind of mean. I wasn't trying to imply that you're retarded.
I'm sure you're a smart dude (after all, you're discussing a webcomic on 4chan). Best of luck with the grad school. And if you didn't know, there's an all girls school in Colulmbia called 'Stephen's College'. It's pretty much open season for you.
>>
>>84344648
Oh, no problem. I'm probably retarded somehow.

And yeah, I know about Stephens. But to the best of my knowledge they have a third-wave feminist bent. Also lesbians, maybe.
>>
>>84344670
Not sure about that. My sister goes there, and she goes out with dudes. Wouldn't be surprised if she was bi though. Sometimes her friends hit on me when I'm visiting my parents and she's back.

I ignore them because I know what kind of people my sister hangs out with. Worse than pleb taste

Anyways, worst that happens is they say no. Or you find yourself a lady wing-man.
>>
>>84344670

It's an all-girls school, that shit is a dyke factory.
>>
>>84344738
Well, I've got emotional hangups anyways, so it probably wouldn't work out.

>>84344740
Agreed; it happened in "Dumbing of Age" which means that it happened in real life, because Willis knows how to write real-life scenarios.
>>
File: good times.png (147KB, 296x366px) Image search: [Google]
good times.png
147KB, 296x366px
This is probably some of the best characterization for Carla in the comic's run, if just because it's something other than:
1. Transness (good, but hardly a full personality)
2. I'm an asshole, and proud of it, and somehow this doesn't make me the worst character (The other half of her personality, and most of what we've seen so far)
>>
>>84339802

"Small-time" doesn't cover it; I'm given to understand that he's been banned or ostracized from pretty much every online Transformers community. He's one of those toxic fans that everyone else hates because he makes them look bad.
>>
Did Ruth kill herself yet?
>>
File: 1466009029602.jpg (548KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1466009029602.jpg
548KB, 5000x5000px
>>84342289
>lady
>>
>>84342289
So is Carl gonna fuck one of them now?
>>
>>84346984
Nah, they're going to go make a Dorothy sandwich, but get distracted and start sword fighting with their dicks.
>>
>>84344444
Checked
>>
>>84317685
CARLA

AND HER

EFFEMINATE

PENIS
>>
File: 5-1.png (276KB, 1111x333px)
5-1.png
276KB, 1111x333px
Sarah's roommate, Sora, sleeps in the nude.
>>
>>84345201
I'm surprised nobody's tried to buy TFWiki from him if that's the case.

Or do they use a much better wiki for information?
>>
>>84345946
He has a "no death" rule, effectively killing all forms of actual tension.
>>
>>84318770
>>84326739
>>84327406
I thought someone else made the Walkypedia and he mostly ignored it?
>>
>>84348954
Is this intentionally drawn like complete dogshit
>>
>>84350582
After all the death in the Walkyverse, this is hilarious

Remember when OG Dina got blown to bits by a bomb?
>>
>>84348954
Then why don't we see her bare fcukin titties? Huh?
>>
>>84351330
The dewd has confirmed that he doesn't put as much effort into the art for this as he does his other webcomics. Personally, I find it charming in a lo-fi sort of way, but I know you won't agree with that.
>>
>>84350582
>>84351351
It's technically a no-death rule in DoA. Nobody important will die.

The only casualty of the Toedad car chase? Physics.
>>
>>84348954
>>84351330
It's also not even DOA, really. He posts that he's not shilling, and yet he's always posting it, for his "audience", or whatever. Which are like 3 "positive" replies, tops. With >>84351938 always being one of them.
>>
>>84317867

holy shit, that is greatest version of that I've ever seen
>>
whatever these comics are they're awful
>>
>>84317966
>everyone hate her for no reason as a kid
>so she grew up making everyone hate her on purpose
>but if you hate her for a reason that she didn't intend she becomes devastated

what a deep and compelling character
>>
>>84342289

I give it one more update before Carla's a martyr again
>>
>>84343246
>Hillary has been a meddlesome figure in politics since her First Lady days

I think that's why the GOP hates her so much, she actually tried to have an influence on policy when her job was to shut up and get banged in the Lincoln Bedroom
>>
>>84351703
Gotta keep this safe for work.
If you wanna see some nudes, you gotta pay up.
>>
>>84352470
fuck off, shill
>>
>>84352533
Hey, I'm just saying, that's just the general rule, I don't do nudes unless forced with special means.
>>
>>84352579
OH

SNAP
>>
>>84352832
And don't forget that some time after this, he posted a Shortpacked! strip that mocked everyone who had never seen a rabbit vibrator before, called them 12-year-olds, and said that women only use vibrators because of the aforementioned 12-year-olds, and in doing so, made a horrible parody of a comic that aims to educate without being rude about it.
>>
>>84352579
So they're going to Glue Dorothy to the floor?
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 480x468px)
image.jpg
14KB, 480x468px
>>84352150
>enbyfriends
>>
File: um.gif (2MB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
um.gif
2MB, 500x402px
>>84352832
>What are your thoughts on anal?
>Proceeds with Powerpoint presentation-
>about his bowel movements.
>complete with consistency chart.
>>
File: Perfect.jpg (245KB, 1087x511px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect.jpg
245KB, 1087x511px
>>84352579
>>
>>84352832

The first sentence of this makes me so sad. Seriously, if you're so not into drawing something you keep stopping yourself from doing it? Don't feel bad about it. It's OKAY to not want to draw something, particularly when we're talking about EROTICA for fuck's sake.
>>
>>84319132
That's the beauty of declaring yourself trans. You can be the most privileged person in the world, but put on a bad wig and suddenly you can claim to be oppressed.
>>
>>84354042
Was about to post this. What the fucking shit, Willis. How is that even remotely related?

This guy is fucking nuts.
>>
>>84354042

I wonder if any trans person has actually explained to Willis how misgendering actually works or what transphobia is actually like. I mean, it would have to be someone other than Cerberus, like a trans person that actually goes outside.
>>
>>84354193

We had a trans bridesmaid at our wedding. She's much more visibly out about it now, I'm sure she's dealt with some terrible shit as a result, but she recently brushed off the tumblr trans community as "a bunch of crazy kids who want to feel important." Something tells me most trans people out there would fucking hate Carla.
>>
>>84354311

My boyfriend's ex is trans (they split when she came out, turns out he doesn't like girls, even if they have penises) and we've talked about our experiences with bigotry a few times. I actually brought up Studygate and she flat-out said that Mary seems more like an otherwise-tolerant person who just wanted to hurt Carla than an actual bigot. People flip out and say all sorts of offensive shit, it's really hard to judge someone based on what they do in the heat of the moment. If Willis wanted Mary to be a full-blown bigot she should have been much, MUCH more openly hostile to Carla for her being trans, the moment she knew she could get away with it.
>>
>>84354042
I don't understand Willis' response. If this is sarcasm it is not well transmitted and if it's not it's absolute bullshit
>>
>>84354311
my ex-roommate is a good friend of mine who's said she just wants to be left alone, and as such, avoids the social justice community like the plague.

she also doesn't associate much with the LGBT community because it's horrible, especially for trans people.
>>
>>84344605
>They probably took in anybody who was willing to pay to go to their school.
Lots of engineering schools are like that, because that way it cushions the already-low retention rates.
>>
>>84356237
> Lots of schools are like that, because
>> willing to pay
Fixed.
>>
>>84353853
it's not about making "erotica", it's about showing a progressive message
>>
>>84354193
Cerberus doesn't have time to go outside, It needs to write dissertation length comments on a webcomic. Those take TIME.
>>
>>84358006

I actually just got an ask on my tumblr about who cerberus is, does anyone have some of their more insane comments for me to post as examples?
>>
File: claps.gif (841KB, 200x114px)
claps.gif
841KB, 200x114px
>>84352579
WILLIS IS REKT
SOVNYAVITCH CONFIRMED ICE-COLD
>>
File: 1458131864237.jpg (126KB, 622x576px) Image search: [Google]
1458131864237.jpg
126KB, 622x576px
>>84317685
>Everyone hated me for whatever was convenient
>He herself goes out of her way to piss everyone off
>Her sob story is her parents are rich, so they used their privilege to make a custom one-of-a-kind toy that had to be durable enough for a kid to play with and fun.
>There are other human beings on his site that were moved emotionally by this
>mfw
>>
>>84317685
You don't think. The first thing you do when reading DoA is shut your brain off
>>
File: kevin.jpg (9KB, 319x316px) Image search: [Google]
kevin.jpg
9KB, 319x316px
>>84359040
>he herself
It's the little things, anon, that make good posts
>>
>>84359370
According to Willis, that's a hate crime.
>>
>>84359486
I really want to see Willis to physically accost someone.
>>
>>84359682
What's his con schedule? I'll take a few slaps and feeble punches to get him arrested.
>>
>>84360566
maybe we'll go to the same one. while you try to pick a fight, i'll break in and let everyone know how gay i am
>>
>>84360838
anon... will you be my gay boyfriend for the con?
I'm not gay, but I'll pretend to be to put this dude behind bars.
>>
>>84360957
>I'm not gay, but I'll pretend to be to put this dude behind bars.

I can just see that as the dramatic tagline on some old comic book cover. Made me laugh.
>>
>>84361032
>>84360957

>To put a maniac behind bars, Anon will have to do something he thought he'd never have to do
>He'll have to become
THE FABULOUS HOMOSEX

>Marvel Comics

We need a drawfriend in here.
>>
>>84360957
not only will i be the gayest not-boyfriend i'll even get the obnoxious haircut
>>
>>84360957
>I'm not gay
PROTIP: everyone is gay.
>>
>>84361217
I'm in Chicagoland.

>>84361223
>This much projection
>>
File: 1462579956478.png (982KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1462579956478.png
982KB, 1280x720px
>>84359040
>>
>>84361299
More, we need a full fake homo brigade.
>>
>>84352341

Probably wht Hillary has it in for the coal industry. The long dark abandoned mine shafts remind her too much of herself

Smells like dead canaries
>>
File: WTF Shatner.gif (1MB, 170x180px) Image search: [Google]
WTF Shatner.gif
1MB, 170x180px
>>84354042
>>
Why do you fucking retards read this garbage? There was a good 5 years where Willis was barely mentioned here, can we go back to that?
>>
>>84362817
I thought out a really good, non-aggressive response, but it didn't make it past moderation.
>>
>>84362847
Because it bothers you. You are the reason for these threads. Willis is but the canvas upon which we paint a Caravaggio of your soul.
>>
>>84362847
Hide and move on
>>
New Strip
>>
>>84365469
i didnt know mike still existed. good to know they still keep him around as a prop
>>
>>84365469

I know it's supposed to be funny, but Amber is a legit violent vigilante with a troubled past who is undergoing a sort of psychotic break. For someone like that, writing guro fanfic is a serious red flag.
>>
>>84365542
Amber is a white woman and thus oppressed. It's fine unless she attacks Carla.
>>
File: doa-cerberus.png (12KB, 361x102px) Image search: [Google]
doa-cerberus.png
12KB, 361x102px
>>84358631
This is the only one I bothered to save because of how succinct it is, but if you go to the comic where Mary gets hit by the pie there are like three separate essays about how brilliant Carla's plan was.
>>
>>84365729
This is satire, right ? I'm tempted to get some comments in, but I don't think I'm subtle enough to fool Willis.
>>
>>84365469
MIKE! I missed that nigga!
>>
>>84365469
>Mike is still around
I thought Willis didn't need him anymore.

>>84365542
Yeah, given everything that we've seen regarding Amber, the fact that she's written guro fanfiction means that she's probably wet when she thinks about Sal dying by her own hands.

Oh my god, do you think she was turned off when she stabbed Sal in the hand? Jesus Christ, Amber's fucked up. Willis shouldn't be treating guro as a punchline.
>>
>>84365469
Do we know what series Amber writes fanfiction about?
>>
>>84366008

Ultracar
>>
>>84365542
>>84365469
So, anyone want to take a stab at writing an in-universe guro fic?
>>
>>84365469
The fourth and fifth panel look unnatural as hell. Like, it looks like his head is turned way too far to the side. You can't just slap a 3/4s head onto a 1/4s body like that.
>>
>>84365729
What does that comment have to do with anything?!
>>
>>84366152
it has to do with the context of the conversation it was removed from, probably
>>
>>84366106
If it were real life his chin would be behind his shoulder.
>>
>>84366008
According to the latest porn comic, she writes self-insert fanfiction of Amazi-Girl.
>>
>>84366244
>writes fanfiction of her having lesbian sex with herself
If that's supposed to be a joke then it's a pretty good one.
>>
>>84366273
I should have worded it better.

She writes Amazi-Girl porn, where she is obviously Amazi-Girl and some faceless dope is the stand-in for Danny. And apparently Danny read the fanfiction as well.

Or at least, that's the implication. In reality, both parties should have suffered some kind of nausea having sex upside-down, hanging from a rope.
>>
>>84366185
I figured it had to do with the comment.

See, that shit is why it's a plus to be anon on an open forum. You can't clam special snowflake status.

...well you can, but you'd be a fucking faggot.
>>
>>84366316
I like my version better.
>>
>>84366348
Given Amber's mental state, I wouldn't be surprised if lesbian sex with Amazi-Girl is next.

>You're the only person I can trust anymore, Amber.
>I know that, Amazi-Girl, and I thank you for trusting me.
>...How far would you go to prove your loyalty to me?
And then they fuck.
>>
>>84366390
I once tried to write an AmberxAmazi-Girl smut fic. It got really weird, really fast.
>>
>>84365729
You can't be serious right now. There is no way this is real. It can't be.
>>
Why are progressives such retards?
>>
>>84365469

Why can't we just stick to a plotline at a time? Do all the Becky strips, all the amber strips and then all the Carla strips.

It's not like he's even doing the manipulative soap opera trick where you swap on cliffhangers to keep people hooked. He's just going back and fourth at random for no reason.
>>
>>84366701
what exactly is so shocking about this comment
>>
>>84362847

Hide the read and move on, autist.
>>
>>84365729

Isn't Cerebus being every bit as hateful and judgemental as he seems to think Christians are?
>>
>>84366008

Questionable Content
>>
>>84366810
what is this even supposed to mean
>>
>>84366106
They are quite clearly owl-people.
>>
>>84366866

Exactly what it says
>>
>>84366810
Two sides of the same coin ?
>>
>>84366273
She wrote a dumb piece of fanfiction about having sex with Danny on a bungee cord because the real-life incident was apparently far less interesting.

>>84366152
I assume the reason for posting the comment was to showcase one of Cerberus's weirder posts. It was in relation to Carla insulting Mary and God in multiple regards.

>>84366454
Please share?

>>84366866
Cerberus, in trying to vilify Christians for their supposed hatefulness and supposed judgmental nature, is just as hateful and judgmental as the group of people they're trying to tear down.
>>
>>84366890
i assumed it was a joke i was missing because it makes no sense, that comment isnt hateful and doesnt mention christians at all
>>
>>84366940
>Cerberus, in trying to vilify Christians for their supposed hatefulness and supposed judgmental nature, is just as hateful and judgmental as the group of people they're trying to tear down.
are we somehow seeing two different comments there
>>
File: AmazigirlAmber1.jpg (557KB, 750x892px) Image search: [Google]
AmazigirlAmber1.jpg
557KB, 750x892px
>>84366390
>>
>>84366960
Wasn't talking about that particular comment. That's just what Cerberus does as often as possible.
>>
>>84367014
i dont remember ever seeing that
are you just applying things willis does to cerberus now
>>
>>84367027
Nah. Every time I look at the comments, that's what I see Cerberus doing. But those, I guess, are generally strips where Willis is insulting Christians.
>>
>>84366940
I never finished it and didn't save it, but if I have time tomorrow I might rewrite it.
>>
>>84365729

>asexual homoromantic transgirl

Coulda just said nutcase and we'd have got the gist, dick lady.
>>
>>84365729
I hope this guy is playing the long con
>>
>>84365729
>>84365800
Subtle?

you need only to spout meaningless bullshit sjw buzzwords to be accepted as a god
>>
>>84367416
Yeah well, I don't want that. I wanna make fun of Willis and his worshipers.
>>
>>84366727
They're allowed to comment on DOA.com
>>
>>84323532
>A man who's wife probably despises him and enjoys the precious moments she can have away from him.

Willis proposed to her through Shortpacked so she probably couldn't back out if she wanted.
>>
>>84367695
I'm not sure what you're implying with that. Webcomics aren't a legally binding contract, right?
>>
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200508octbargein.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200509freeload.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200510pluto.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200511rockthisplace.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200512honorroll.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200601dorothy.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200602flattered.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200603alternate.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200604bedside.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200605arm.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200606exercise.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200607marry.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200608danny.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200609search.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200610molehill.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200611rosenthal.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200612distractions.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200701baldy.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200702leave.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200703ponies.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200704reunion.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200705kids.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200706david.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200707worry.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200708wham.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200709birth.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200710dining.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200711fall.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200712yule.html
1/2
>>
>>84367829
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200801movingon.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200802speedyhitched.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200803fisticuffs.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200804showers.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200805iscanbemarriage.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200806studentteaching.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200807marcie.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200808dropit.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200809vows.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200810fonts.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200811missing.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200812themom.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200901chopper.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200902brockosmodernlife.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200903parents.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200904vendetta.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200905transplant.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200906dead.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200908thedayof.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200909stranded.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200910hiya.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/200912voices.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/201001fightfightfight.html
http://www.joyceandwalky.com/members/201003flyaway.html
http://www.itswalky.com/members/theend.html
2/2
>>
>>84367816
What happens if she turns him down? He'd be massively humiliated.
>>
File: 177e7bff78c7c1c6.png (600KB, 1000x782px) Image search: [Google]
177e7bff78c7c1c6.png
600KB, 1000x782px
>>84324204
Have you been reading the reuploads of the old comics?
itswalky.com
>>
>>84354042
I honestly hope Willis' keyboard explodes and destroys his hands one day, depriving him of the ability to obliviously type pointless snark towards any who dare criticize him. He's fun to laugh and and inept in everything he does but the way he views the world and seems to treat everyone else makes him a pretty repugnant person.
>>
>>84317685
So a person has to understand the personal life and history of the author of this comic to even have a clue what the fuck the main character is referencing. I know it's not Becky being Becky, but to me, this is a level of awful writing that goes beyond most of his normal shit.
>>
>>84331669
That's exactly correct.
>>
>>84367816
>>84367695
It ranks up in the same level of passive-aggressive proposals on the giant Kiss-Cams at stadiums, at a convention or other large public gathering.
>>
>>84367911
I get the feeling he fancies himself as the Raphael of whatever web comic personality clique he thinks he's in.
>>
>>84322790
I love how he has a friend who just openly mocks the fact that he's still a child.
>>
>>84368221
Banter is as Banter is.
>>
>>84325844
Naturally it sounded like sound reasoning to Willis.
>>
File: claudefrollo.png (137KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
claudefrollo.png
137KB, 320x239px
>raised in foster care
>went through a lot of shitty homes
>for 3 years, I lived with a super strict dutch christian family
>I spent my time there being literally tortured physically, emotionally, and mentally
>led to believe I was worthless, and going to hell even though I loved jesus
>forced to run laps for hours on end
>forced to have cloths wrapped around my hands to remove my dexterity and further reduce me
>had my head dunked in freezing water to the point I nearly drowned
>finally got away from that home
>years later, reconnect with them to try and see my sister again, whom they'd always spoiled and then adopted while sending my other sister and I to another home
>after a few months, they tried to coerce me into going back to church by threatening me with revoking visitation privileges with my sister
>mfw I'm now not christian because of the shit I went through and the tortures I endured 'in god's name'
>mfw willis whines about how his parents 'didn't prepare him for the real world'
>and now he tries to paint 90% of christians as hateful, bigoted monsters and parents as assholes because of 'what he went through'

I'm all for acknowledging that my shitty life experiences do not diminish other people's different, also shitty experiences, but jesus christ, willis did not have shitty experiences from all accounts aside from fucking up(himself) at college.

also, no, I don't have anything against christianity myself. it brings happiness and peace to a lot of people and I respect that, it's just not for me. I'm not going to sit and pray with you, but neither am I going to interrupt your prayer or tell you your beliefs are wrong unless you try to force them on me first.

FUCK willis.
>>
>>84368423
If you posted this as a comment on a DOA comic, what would Willis reply with?
>>
>>84368439
>this comment has been deleted
or he'd use it to further justify his hatred of christians/parents.
>>
>>84326739
>Again, self-inserting in comics is pretty common, especially in webcomics.
You are hand-waving a lot of things and have a few good points in there, but surely even you understand that just because other people do a thing doesn't mean it isn't conceited as fuck.
>>
>>84368481
not him, but...
I spent years writing a high school slice of life webcomic called 'step 2'.

of the 4 main characters, 3 of them began as reflections of various parts of myself and my personality. I wrote what I knew, and I wrote the characters reacting in the same ways that I would.

of course, I was writing this comic for about 8 years and they developed over time, becoming their own 'people', but it really is common as fuck and not that conceited, especially when you've not yet developed enough as a writer.
>>
>>84368507
Are you saying Willis did this thing where he was simply writing aspects of himself across several characters? Or did he actually star in his own comics? Because I would argue a physical manifestation of the author is not the same as what you are describing.
>>
>>84368527
he's openly admitted that joyce is autobiographical, but several, and I mean SEVERAL of the events in his various comics were ripped straight out of his own life.
>>
File: willis can't write.png (64KB, 598x758px) Image search: [Google]
willis can't write.png
64KB, 598x758px
>>84368527
>>84368540
>>
>>84368540
The problem is he's been writing these comics for what, a couple decades now? It's my opinion, at least, that he clearly has not grown as a person or a writer that he keeps needing to write in such an autobiographical style. It really shows that he doesn't grasp larger issues or anything he hasn't personally obsessed ov-I mean "experienced."
>>
>>84368507
I can't find it.
>>
File: akari.png (123KB, 800x800px)
akari.png
123KB, 800x800px
>>84368564
oh, you misunderstand. I wasn't defending willis STILL writing himself. I was explaining that it's a commonly done thing. the fact he's still doing it however many years later just further demonstrates that he's a terrible writer who either can't or won't grow as a person and as a writer.

>>84368567
I only ever posted a couple pages, and they're still pretty bad.
>>
>>84368584
I suppose that's fair.
>>
>>84326739

Why are you so desperate to white knight him so fervently?
>>
>>84368507

But did you make 4 different comics with these same characters. Did your wear your personal issues on your sleeve in your comic as heavy handedly as he does?

>>84368527

He HAS appeared as himself on rare occasion in Shortpacked
>>
>>84368713
don't forget about his blue haired doppleganger that's shown up in DoA
>>
>>84368564
I was just thinking along those lines. Past a certain point a writer should be able to exorcise his demons through his work along with finding some themes to write about and around. But you can't just go on about the same old shit over and over again. Gotta move on some time, which Willis is clearly still not capable of doing after all these years (unless his previous comics didn't feature muh christians, progressiveness at all cost and the usual things you expect from him in DoA). His childhood was fucked up, okay. He is fucked up because of that, alright. He's still rambling about it, why ?

Just be happy Willis, enjoy your life or something. Write some characters being happy instead of being depressed jerks.
>>
>>84368713
no, but I did make 2
though the second was mostly just removing the supernatural aspect.
>>
>>84368788
He can't, because he has become the very thing he despises.
>>
>>84368814

Funky Winkerbean?
>>
>>84368895
old and out of touch
>>
File: 1445880937243.gif (37KB, 288x500px) Image search: [Google]
1445880937243.gif
37KB, 288x500px
>>84365469
>Mike is back
That's good!
>Amber's obvious psychosis is used for a punchline
That's bad.
>>84366702
Political horseshoe theory.
>>84367874
Not really. For one thing, that would give Willis pageviews, and for another I... I just want to keep my memories of the good times, y'know?
>>
You know, all this talk of Amber's decaying sanity makes me wish /co/mrade Stalin still hung out on /co/ - I imagine he'd give a great analysis of why so many DoA characters are so fucked up.
>>
>>84370510
Man, /co/mrade Stalin's threads were the best. he made one a few months ago, but he seems to have stopped coming. I guess he's busy at work, which is fair enough given that he works at a medium security prison. Apparently those are where the majority of prison rapes happen.
>>
>>84342068
I would love to see Willis torn apart by a hispanic catholic
>>
>>84343246
>since her First Lady days
she was meddlesome much earlier than that but most people don't think about it because it was on a smaller scale
>>
>>84368481

I just feel there's plenty of problems and shit to call Willis and his work out on without blowing stuff we don't complain about other people doing out of proportion. Particularly the points about blogging and buying ads. I did both of those when I ran a webcomic, and I'd be pissed off if someone called me a "gargantuan narcissist" because of it. Self-promotion is important as fuck these days.

Plus some of my points were legit questions. Like the Allspark one, or about him using the Transformers wiki to push agendas or whatever.
>>
>>84366078

If Shortpacked is anything to go by, Ninja Turtles
>>
>>84368540
I wonder about this, specifically if the Becky stuff is autobiographical at all. He didn't really start trying to write homosexual characters until Shortpacked, so I kinda doubt he had a close friend go through stuff because of their orientation.
>>
>>84368554

This is obnoxious, embarrassing, and makes him look like a tool.
>>
File: 5-2.png (231KB, 1111x333px) Image search: [Google]
5-2.png
231KB, 1111x333px
Another one.
>>
>>84371874
Plus, I think it's fairly obvious that he was never almost raped and that he never rode on the back of a motorcycle in a physics-defying chase sequence.

I always find it a bit distasteful of him to say he is writing Joyce autobiographically, because he has no idea what it's like to be a young woman in college, and the crap he puts her through is so unrealistic as to be insulting.
>>
>>84372164
He might have been almost raped. By which I mean a gay guy made pass at him and he freaked out.
>>
>>84372150
The plot thickens!
>>
>>84372150
This is definitely funnier than the original DoA strip.
>>
>>84372164
Joyce is written as a young, innocent, naïve and very brave girl who's willing to reconsider her whole views on life and people for the sake of her friends. You can't really get mad at her because she doesn't know about the world and she tries her best to comprehend it.
I don't find the way he writes her as an autobiographical character merely distasteful : it's just baffling and hypocritical to use a character like that as a stand-in for his life experiences.
As you said, not only is having a female character represent a male weird since the experience isn't the same, but mostly, could you imagine Joyce if she was a man ?
>I came here to find a bride
>I wanna fug but no I can't just hide all this puss from me pls
>I put myself through embarrassing situations all the time
>I'm a whimp pls forgive me for being a white christian
If Joyce was written as a man, to truly reflect Willis' life, it would be ridiculous and pathetic, even more so than it already is.
I wonder if anyone ever gave him shit for that manipulation, outside from here ?
>>
>>84373305
There's nothing wrong with using a character of the opposite sex as an autobiographical character. I agree that Willis using Joyce is probably covering for the fact that people find such behavior less creepy coming from a woman than a man.

That being said I really can't dislike it that much since I had a friend in college who was similar to Joyce, super Christian, super sheltered, on a manhunt, and she's a pretty great person. I really think it's mostly that due to the various things he's admitted over the years that we can't separate Willis from his characters. If Willis had a very low-key online personality and was less specific about how he uses his personal experiences to form his characters I don't think anyone care as much.
>>
>>84372150
Good job making the colors less garish, it helps a lot.
>>
>>84373305
>>84373638

His original comics (It's Walky and shit) were somewhat similar, involving Joyce having to reconcile a fairly fundie upbringing with the realities of life and such.

I recall it handled it alot better too. Maybe Willis should stick with outlandish sci-fi shit; nerdy shut-in nutcases aren't fit to write slice-of-life stories, if this is any indication.
>>
>>84373638
>it's mostly that due to the various things he's admitted over the years that we can't separate Willis from his characters
Joyce is autobiographical. That's written on his site, as a warning so people won't question what the fuck is going on with the plot. I don't about the others, I guess there's a bit of Willis in every one of them, but reading the many strips with Joyce in them is like watching an anime sol with cute girls doing cute things: it's shit, it doesn't make any sense, but there's waifu potential and the power of moe to ease it up.

I don't doubt that people like Joyce exist in real life, but Willis isn't Joyce. She's just a kawaii self insert who acts like a cunt half the time with other characters (though that's a common trait they almost all share) and gets a pass for it because she doesn't know jackshit about the world.
>>
>>84374104
Being a cunt implies intent to be malicious. At her worst, Joyce just says things she thinks are just being a good Christian, but everyone else finds kind of dickish.
>>
Aw, criminy, my posts have been deleted. Am I banned?
>>
>>84374233
Having no self-awareness and saying inconsiderate things over and over again also qualifies you for being a cunt, especially when everyone around tells you to cut that crap. At least it gets old very fast. Doesn't help that all the characters act like dicks to each other for sometimes no reason at all, or just for the sake of a punchline or shock value.
>>
>>84374790
Joyce has shown that she is capable of being remorseful over saying something stupid. The worse Joyce has done is pull that stupid "How do we KNOW that fossils are that old?" shit on Dina, who promptly glared at her and pointed out that Joyce was being dumb as politely as possible.

Compare that to Sal, who pulls the race card on her twin brother, yet calls Danny "Wonderbread" without a trace of irony. Even worse, look at Roz, Carla or Ruth, who go out of their way to be unpleasant because it proves some nebulous point.
>>
>>84374759

Did they involve comments, Twitter posts by Willis, etc.?

If so, the mods are autistic fucks about it. I think they might be fans.
>>
>>84374893
Yeah all of the deleted comments were screencaps from the comments section or his tumblr.
>>
>>84374881
I guess Joyce is one the least worst character then ? Maybe I'm too used to paying attention to what people say and how they react. Nevertheless, this comic is fascinating, even though I hate it.
>>
>>84375024
You have to remember that in-universe only five weeks have passed. For Joyce to still lack self-awareness and being inconsiderate make sense, it's just that from an external perspective she's stagnant. I think it's why Willis has ramped up the drama with the attempted rape and car chase, he has to artificially accelerate Joyce changing as a person.
>>
>>84318659
>Cerebus

Come on man... don't compare that to this. Even when Dave Sim was writing essays into his comics he didn't pretend they weren't essay.s
>>
>>84375574

Again, we're talking about the comments section creature, not the comic.
>>
>>84367401
Cerb is a front-pager on SadlyNo, which used to be a major left-wing blog. They don't hand the keys on those things to just anybody.

(well, Balloon Juice does but John Cole is a very strange man)
>>
>>84375287
It's hard to imagine this drastic of a change only taking that one year of college.

If I were Willis, I think I'd be angrier at college for popping his happy little bubble.
>>
>>84374943
The mods tend to delete those. I think it's possible to discuss the content of the comment if you copy and paste it with commentary.
>>
>>84375287
Definitely. It just sucks that this poor girl has changed so much in just a month. I'd be terrified if I were her parents. I don't blame her mom at all for wanting to pull her out of school.
>>
>>84378436

No, they've deleted those too.
>>
>>84379383
Are the mods fans or is this like a removal of ponies thing due to historic drama incitement?
>>
>>84379247
In spite of everything she's coping rather well. Honestly all Joyce really needs is some counseling, which any large university should offer through its medical services.
>>
>>84379705
Definitely. But if I were her mother, I would be pretty concerned. It's easy for us to see what she's using to cope. All her mom is seeing is that Joyce is in distress and has been through a lot. Her parents can definitely sense the changes about her, and they have no idea how to deal with it. They're probably fairly afraid to send her back. It's only been a few weeks. Imagine what she'll be like by Christmas.

>>84379383
Thennnnn I guess we can refer to them vaguely and let everyone look them up?
>>
>>84342785
>But I thought it was current year and we need to have a female president already?

It's funny that the lefts parrots this yet did nothing but shit on Sarah Palin relentlessly.

I guess they meant we have to have a LIBERAL female president
>>
>>84379705
Roz, in a surprisingly non-cunty moment, gave Joyce a number for a therapist. Joyce hasn't seen that therapist yet, of course, because that would mean something good might happen to her.
>>84380052
To be fair, pretty much everything that comes out of Palin's mouth is stupid and/or crazy. Mind you, I'm from Britbongistan, so we've been disabused of the notion that a female leader is inherently better for the country a LONG time ago.
>>
>>84379910
From the perspective of her parents, all Joyce has done is refuse to stop being Dorothy's friend because they disapproved and has been angry and upset following Ross pointing a gun at her and kidnapping Becky. They don't know about the attempted rape nor have they been in a situation where the fallout from that is apparent.
>>
>>84380175
You can easily see that she carries herself differently. Rather than being thrilled to see her family, she's been bristly and distant. She also directly made a comment about her mom being weird and also cursed--when her mom was on the other side of the door.
>>
>>84380123
C'mon now, Thatcher had some good ideas, she just took everything way too far.

Joyce seeing a therapist would also mean that Willis would have to learn what therapy entails and considering his dismissiveness towards medical professionals and his desire to put as little effort as possible into his work that's unlikely to happen.
>>
>>84380244
To be fair, she started off friendly, but her mom wouldn't even hug her because she had something in the oven, and her brother was just... I can't even believe that Willis could be THAT crass. Nobody would ever treat their sister like that after something so horrible.

Willis is an only child, right?
>>
>>84380244
Which is a direct result of Ross kidnapping Becky, not that the college is putting Satan in her brain. If this were a different writer I'd be inclined to believe that Carol is projecting and in denial, but even with things being what they are her parents are only reacting to the fall out of what Ross did. It's not college that's changed Joyce, it's that less than a week ago a family friend pointed a gun at her and that her parents and people at her church are being really dismissive about it.
>>
>>84380620
I guess with how far apart all of this is, it's really hard to tell which part ends and which part begins, as far as Joyce's interactions with her parents go.
>>
>>84380500
in IRC he once mentioned that he has siblings, who have also disowned their parents.
>>
>>84380701
Three major appearances by Joyce's parents are when she moved to college, the Parent's Day arc, and this arc.

Willis actually wrote a pretty decent psychological response from Joyce in regards to everything. She's trying to force a sense of normality and avoids or rejects anything that challenges it, even when such behavior isn't what she wants to do.
>>
>>84380868
I feel bad for his parents. They most likely didn't deserve that.

>>84380893
Yes, she seems relatively reasonable in a lot of her response to the situation.

I do hope she goes to therapy, but that would mean Willis would have to go to a therapist and see what it's like. And then he would end up portraying it as something horrible and thus scaring his readers away from getting help. There's no winning.
>>
>>84380868
So is Willis going to unthinkingly out one of his siblings as trans?
>>
>>84382277
>And then he would end up portraying it as something horrible and thus scaring his readers away from getting help.

Might be worth it for the Cerberus essay detailing how psychiatrists oppressed her by demanding several years of counseling and gradual transitioning before they'd sign off on hormones and SRS but it's okay because she just orders bulk hormones from Indonesia and found a guy in Mexico who does vaginoplasty for cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOHCa0GCqqI
>>
>>84382283
I really kind of hope so for the sake of Willis learning to keep his mouth shut, but I would be mortified on the behalf of his sibling.

Who am I kidding? I'm mortified on the behalf of his family because he's related to them.
>>
>>84383641
I'm kinda conflicted about his parents. While it's pretty obvious that Willis has a skewed perspective of them, I also have zero doubts that they're hardcore Jesus Camp-type fundamentalists who are better socialized versions of Willis in the opposite political direction.
>>
>>84382420
The worst part about that statement is that I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.
>>
>>84383829
I wrote it so that it comes off as blackly humorous, but I'm not joking. On the one hand the medical community has very good reasons why transitioning should be prefaced by extensive counseling and gradual implementation, on the other hand trans people have a point that the long wait makes the process more difficult psychologically and financially, and can leave them more vulnerable to discrimination.
>>
>>84380500
>To be fair, she started off friendly, but her mom wouldn't even hug her because she had something in the oven, and her brother was just...
Yeah that stuff was so heavy-handed, instead of showing her family as caring but disagreeing with her new ideals, he made sure that they didn't even show basic interactions that convey affection and concern.

I've said this before, but if Hank ever 'turns' on Joyce, it'll be way more impactful than her mom or brother, because he's showed that he really cares for her. I doubt it'll happen, though. Not because I think betrayals are particularly good writing, they often feel cheap, but with how Willis writes, I don't think he's going down that path.
>>
>>84379910
>Imagine what she'll be like by Christmas.
She is going to be fucking Becky, have a shaved head, and covered in tatoos of atheistic and anti-religious quotes all over her body. Also an alcoholic.
>>
>>84384462
There is a small, evil part of me that would love to see that.
>>
>>84384462
If she has the same outgoing, perky personality I'm all for it.

>>84385044
Behold the new and improved Nega-Joyce.
>>
>>84385423
>If she has the same outgoing, perky personality I'm all for it.
Considering how pissed Joyce is after all this mess, Christmas Joyce is going to be plotting domestic terrorism.
>>
>>84385587
Plotting domestic terrorism is an action, not a personality.
>>
>>84365729
Watch it mate, last time I posted about Cerberus I got banned because "all content must relate somehow to a comic." Sometimes I wonder how much it hurts being a stooge.
>>
>>84385722
Ok, she won't be cheerfully plotting domestic terrorism. She will swear more than a Quintin Tarantino movie.
>>
File: That Carla Face.png (357KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
That Carla Face.png
357KB, 1000x333px
Here's the patreon page. Gotta' go watch the Lesnar/Hunt fight though.

So be back in five.
>>
>>84386089
danny/mike slipshine when
>>
>>84386089
Thanks. These are some interesting developments, but wtf is up with Carla in that panel???
>>
>>84386089
What's up with Carla?
>>
>>84386240
i think this is supposed to be her realizing she needs to try harder to make sure ruths ok
>>
>>84386240
>>84386255
She was asked by Billie to check up on Ruth and when she did she just took Ruth's word that she was okay, without actually bothering to inspect further.

That or she wants that sweet Mike dick.
>>
>>84386240
She probably just realised that Ruth is depressed.
>>
>>84386089
im actually impressed that this wasnt a fucking moronic scene change like usual and actually mattered. of course knowing willis thats probably just a fluke
>>
>>84386089
Mike is gay in DoA, or is he just so dedicated to trolling that he would have sex with a man to spite someone?
>>
>>84386345
hes bi, and he slept with ethan in shortpacked too. this isnt new
>>
>>84386297
>>84386316
You people can't be serious? Did Carla cutting off "her" dick mess with "her" brain?
>>
>>84386389
Did cutting off yours do that? If you get this triggered by pronouns then maybe wait till you've had a nap Betty Boop.
>>
>>84386089
>>84386089
I'll admit I found Walky and Carla lamenting at the door kind of funny.
>>
>>84386295
Oh dang. I wish that were communicated more clearly. That's a bit of an important moment.
>>
>>84386297
>Carla realizes she can use sex as a tool of revenge
>Mary turns it around with a ferocity that only a repressed, conservative, fujoshi can produce
>>
>>84386446
t. Tumblr.
>>
File: Amphibian.jpg (128KB, 780x876px) Image search: [Google]
Amphibian.jpg
128KB, 780x876px
>>84386240
>>84386332
>In which Carla realized she done fucked up.

Turns out giving the absolute minimum shits and putting in the absolute minimum effort to help someone can be a bad idea.

>>84386372
Bisexuals are worth significantly less internet cred though. It's kind of a shock Willis even bothered to bring it up
>>
>>84382420

>foregoing counseling and methods meant to smooth over transitioning

Doubtless, this has nothing to do with the fact that he/she/it/octopuss/banana have tried to off themselves several times, by their own admission.

Nothing at all.
>>
>>84386519
>Bisexuals are worth significantly less internet cred though. It's kind of a shock Willis even bothered to bring it up
Hey, cred is still cred.
>>
>>84386463
The "Never Forget" poster with the dinosaur and meteor on Dina's door was a great touch. Also, holy shit, Carla is taller than Ethan.
>>
>>84386089

Oh no, Carla just realized Ruth is depressed?

What horrible things might have happened in her negligence?!

Might she now rush to Ruth's room, only to find that, in her folly, Ruth has claimed her own life in the throes of mind-crushing depression?!?!?!

... Oh right, no deaths. Good, I thought this might be dramatic, and my fragile mind might not be able to take it.
>>
>>84386519
But, Aquaman, YOU are an amphibian!
>>
>>84386619
You could say...Carla's a big guy.
>>
>>84386089
No motherfucker is going to do any studying while Carla has any say in the matter!
>>
>>84386089
Ethan's face in panel 1...
Is he smiling because he thinks Mike will be glad that she broke up and try harder to needle her about it? Why did he bring Mike to cheer her up anyway?

>Dorothy doing the Becky smile.
Delete this.

>>84386704
>No motherfucker is going to do any studying while Carla has any say in the matter!
kek
>>
>>84386655
Permanent damage from a failed suicide attempt isn't death.

>>84386656
He's a semi-aquatic mammal.

>>84386674
A beanpole is more like it. Still that puts her at one of the tallest cast members.
>>
File: Amberlution.jpg (125KB, 1280x355px)
Amberlution.jpg
125KB, 1280x355px
>>84365469
>>84386089

Seeing Amber getting exponentially more and more broken is really wince inducing. Wasn't she Willis' original moderately attractive nerd girl waifu in Shortpacked?
>>
>>84386809

>Permanent damage

You think Willis would do ANYTHING longer than momentary damage?

The fact that a character wore a cast to acknowledge prior damage should have been shocking enough.
>>
>>84386896
>Wasn't she Willis' original moderately attractive nerd girl waifu in Shortpacked?

Yeah, but I think Dina beat her to that in It's Walky.
>>
>>84386619
I've always got the impression she is super lanky-tall even before her being trans was revealed. I know a girl like that. I'm 6'4'', she's almost as tall as me but insanely thin.

Also inb4 the man jokes, I've known her since middle school. She's just got some weird ass stick insect genes or something.
>>
>>84386809
>He's a semi-aquatic mammal.
In what way? Aquaman can breath underwater. Even dolphins can't do that. He is fully amphibious, even if he doesn't belong to class Amphibia.
>>
>>84386896
2010 is best, fampai
>>
BROCK FUCKIN' KILLED IT!
>>
>>84387076
Did you fuck her?
>>
>>84387076
My sister-in-law is 6'3. She's built like a linebacker though.

>>84387106
He meets all the criteria of a mammal with a few extra features.
>>
>>84387188
'07 Amber's also pretty cute with her poofy hair.
'10 Amber has finally overcome her Dad Baggage and is ready to become a kick-ass mom-- Ohwait no she isn't.
>>
>>84387277

not really relevant but yeah, Samoa was removed, all is right with the earth.
>>
>>84386619
>>84387076

She was always on skates before though.

She probably just looks taller than Ethan because silly hats, but still, she took her skates off and somehow grew.
>>
>>84387557
Disregarding the hat their foreheads line up and Carla is leaning forward.
>>
File: Roman-Reigns-10.jpg (21KB, 642x361px)
Roman-Reigns-10.jpg
21KB, 642x361px
>>84387404
>Yfw Vince just let Brock fight so he could kill a samoan and then have his own samoan overcome the odds.
>>
The height stuff actually doesn't make any sense. Billie comes up to Ethan's shoulder just about. She's only drawn slightly shorter than Carla, though, like nose height.
>>
>>84388260
its just willis being a shitty artist and not keeping it consistent
>>
>>84387700
Which odds, the odds of a positive PED test?
>>
>>84386517
who exactly are you trying to impress?
>>
>>84387323
so he's a phully amphibious mammal.
>>
>>84386896
Why does Willis constantly make every girl somewhat thick?
Yet all the guys in his work have different body types?
>>
>>84386495
Yea, the 4th panel could really use a signifier that she's flashing back to Ruth's "everything's fine : ) " face
>>
>>84390820

You're asking why a comic primarily meant to appeal to Tumblrtards utilized fatty bodytypes?
>>
>>84390820
There's some idiotic post Willis made on his Tumblr about how it was hard to draw Dorothy, because she's not curvy enough for him. He wants to draw her curvy, but he can't since that would change what the character looks like.

Does he want us to forget that he did an entire storyline/chapter about Malaya's size change in Shortpacked?
>>
>>84391678
Nah, this is author preference insert. He stated once that his wife has to prevent him from making basically every girl shortstacks.
>>
>>84351351
She was too good for that world
>>
>>84380123
>To be fair, pretty much everything that comes out of Palin's mouth is stupid and/or crazy.

To be fair, she's portrayed that way due to a biased left leaning press and media, deliberately spinning things and taking quotes out of context in order to suit their own agenda.

It's also why they aren't giving Hillary Clinton closer scrutiny. They're doing their damndest to keep Hillary's scandals from getting larger than they already are
>>
Where's patreanon
>>
>>84392574

>>84386089
>>
>>84386345
>>84386372
Mike has only one sexual orientation, and that is being whatever you don't want him to be. Also sleeping with your mom. Or dad. Like I said, whatever you don't want.
>>
File: 2012-09-13-do.png (441KB, 550x818px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-13-do.png
441KB, 550x818px
>>84393379
Mike has fucked all our mothers for money.
>>
File: 1459828827938.jpg (62KB, 640x640px)
1459828827938.jpg
62KB, 640x640px
>>84372150
Seems like Fred Jones is in some shit now
>>
>>84393390

Shitty behaviour for everyone involved
>>
File: 20060520boner.gif (35KB, 704x486px) Image search: [Google]
20060520boner.gif
35KB, 704x486px
>>84369765
>>
>>84386781
>Is he smiling because he thinks Mike will be glad that she broke up and try harder to needle her about it? Why did he bring Mike to cheer her up anyway?
Maybe he was planning on the three of them getting wasted, which in past incarnations rendered him an approachable and pleasant guy.
>>
File: big20060517.gif (27KB, 500x273px)
big20060517.gif
27KB, 500x273px
>these threads
>>
>>84372150
Tyrone is too good for this threads.
>>
File: blunderwomanlarge.jpg (527KB, 1219x1575px) Image search: [Google]
blunderwomanlarge.jpg
527KB, 1219x1575px
>>84392356
Nnnnno, I'm pretty sure she did that all on her own, thanks to her trying to cultivate that "outdoorswoman" image whilst clearly not knowing dick about nature. Also, "death panels".
>>
>>84393457

>>
>>84393570
>MAD
anyone remember that MAD tv show that used to air on Cartoon Network?
>>
File: 1461118030679.gif (289KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1461118030679.gif
289KB, 160x160px
>>84393607
Nah.
The rage from this comic fuels me.
>>
>>84393570

Exactly what they want you to think.
>>
>>84393608
i remember the threads about the anime skit

good god that was awful
>>
>>84393611

>>
>>84393622
>Hide the thread and move on, autist.
Hide the thread and move on, autist?
>>
>>84393608
I don't think we even got it in my country... then again, CN UK turned to shit after CNX went off the air, and Boomerang stopped showing reruns of classic Hanna Barbera cartoons... and for some reason, Sky Comanders and Challenge of The Gobots.
>>84393613
Yes, yes, it's all the fault of the liberal media that she kept talking complete bullshit and made a documentary pretending that lots of famous people were her friends. I know you're excited that a female Republican got famous, but she did so for the wrong reasons.
>>
>>84393707
>CN UK turned to shit after CNX went off the air
I know, it's terrible.
Nowadays, I just go on Kiss Cartoon if i want to watch a CN show.
Although the UK Fox channel did recently bring back the UK Adult Swim block.
>>
>>84393707

Now I not only understand why the others hate you so much, I can see why your comic is such garbage.
>>
CRASHING THIS THREAD
>>
>>84393789
And on this day, Anon learnt that Japanese Moot had changed the bump limit.
Thread posts: 501
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.