[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I used to laugh at this character when I was a kid, then I realised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg (21KB, 430x307px) Image search: [Google]
Comic_Book_Guy_WEE.jpg
21KB, 430x307px
I used to laugh at this character when I was a kid, then I realised when I was older and as the show got worse - doesn't he exist as a strawman to indirectly attack criticism of the show and make the writers think they can do no wrong?
>>
>>84312468
Well originally he was just a stereotype of comic nerds. Eventually he became a parody of critics but I don't htink he makes the writers think they can do no wrong. I think their complacency and inability to be cancelled regardless of what they do makes them think they can do no wrong.
>>
>>84312468

>Used to mock both CBG and Moe until you realized you became them in adulthood
>>
>>84312468

Has there ever been an episode where Jeff lashes out against psuedo-nerds who are only liking the hobby because it is trendy?
>>
>>84312468
Yeah pretty much.
>>
>>84312960
It would be too meta for the people who watch modern Simpsons Oh shit I am comic book guy.
>>
>>84312960
Yep season 19.
>>
>>84312468
I think it depends on the writers. Some of them were more self depreciating than others.
>>84312960
Yes.
>>
>>84313113
>>84313141

I'd actually like to see it, oh wait, it's the one with the Jack Black comic shop owner right?
>>
File: Milo.jpg (33KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Milo.jpg
33KB, 512x384px
>>84312960
Yes.
A Hipster comic shop shows up across the street and it's more friendly and diverse than his shop.
He tries to win the kids back by outing the shop owner as a normie and says he has a girlfriend. Then he tries to sell them Ninja weapons and begins wrecking up the joint. Alan Moore and the due who made Maus beat him up.
He closes the Android's Dungeon and Marge buys it to make a woman's gym.
>>
>>84312960

IIRC that Harry potter thing that they did, Jeff chastised Lisa for her incorrect cosplay but he was then revealed to be a moviefag and never read the books
>>
>>84313182
Yep
>>
File: d8f.jpg (49KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
d8f.jpg
49KB, 600x600px
>People ITT calling him Jeff
>>
File: 1467780848893.jpg (15KB, 413x310px) Image search: [Google]
1467780848893.jpg
15KB, 413x310px
>>84312468
Childhood is laughing at Comic Book Guy
Adulthood is realizing he makes more sense
>>
>>84313412
Earlier this week I listened to a podcast interview with golden age simpsons writers that pretty much said exactly this.
>>
>>84313189
>New geek media acts fluffy, inviting and comfortable. Get normie audicence

>Old nerd media acts snob,cold and hard to get. And slowly becomes irrelevant

I aways forget that big part of the simpsons staff are also comic fans
>>
File: 34f.png (304KB, 410x518px) Image search: [Google]
34f.png
304KB, 410x518px
>>84313412
Worst realization ever

It really is
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.