[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel's constant relaunching titles sucks. It's fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Marvel numbering.jpg (19KB, 167x194px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel numbering.jpg
19KB, 167x194px
Marvel's constant relaunching titles sucks. It's fucking confusing. Why don't they go back to numbering like this.
>>
>>84306937
The internet exists.
>>
>>84307106
That's not an excuse.
>>
>>84307106
The what now?
>>
>>84307146
No it isn't.
>>
>>84306937
Number 1s sell better.
Marvel doesn't care about customer loyalty when they can sell gimmicks more easily.
>>
>>84307248
But this way they could still have a big NUMBER 1 issue on the front, but with a second number so you knew how it actually fit in with the series.

PLUS, then you'd know when a big triple digit anniversary was about to happen. Like, Oh shit, this second issue is only three away from the big 200 issue.
>>
File: Willie_Lumpkin.jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Willie_Lumpkin.jpg
51KB, 300x300px
Wasn't the tradition of comic books being numbered consecutively across decades only started to avoid certain U.S. postage fees?
Most non-comic magazines reset their numbering every year.
It's a problem that Marvel doesn't give new titles a chance to build momentum, that discarding characters and creative teams with long-term potential for the novelty of replacing it with something new.
But I'm not so bothered they're not clinging to arcane, obsolete traditions.
>>
>>84307248
there was no customer loyalty left. thats why marvel was going broke at the turn of the century in the first place.
>>
>>84307301
I like this. But I could also see how it could get confusing.
>>
>>84307656
I don't get how anyone gets into comics long term.
You get invested in a good arc, and then it comes to a screeching halt so they can shoe horn in an ad for the new CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME yearly event.
Then it comes back, the artist has been replaced by Greg Land, and the love interest got killed off in the event comic by Bendis.
>>
>>84307696
To me it's just as confusing as going from issue 14 to 100 and back to 1. I'm looking at you Nova.
>>
>>84309160
Spider-Man has gone through that several times. They'll bump him back to 1, a big issue number comes along and suddenly it's back to 400
>>
>>84306937
Relaunch, promote it, throw in a ton of variants, overcharge, and BOOM! huge sale.

The traits that make them the shittiest comics publisher also make them the most popular one.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.