[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got done rewatching this. It's okay. Mediocre as all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (60KB, 300x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 300x444px
Just got done rewatching this. It's okay. Mediocre as all hell and hasn't aged well visually at all, but okay. A lot of the humor aged like sour milk like most kids movies and some of the more meme-y characters like the fish and pig are insufferable, but watching it didnt make me want to die like a bunch of other kiddie fodder movies.

It is interesting to look at it from the angle of Disney attempting self parody as well as a time capsule of the early to mid 2000's. There's the weird overreliance on the licensed soundtrack as opposed to the other Disney films. I could go on but I feel like that could be fleshed out elsewhere but better. Its also funny to see it as Disney's own attempt at making their own Shrek but without the absolute bile Katzenburg poured into that series.

I don't get the autismo hate on the dad character however. Like he's fairly tame for cartoon dads, its clear that the movie acknowledges he's probably ill equipped emotionally to be there as a dad early on, and the setting's a small town and usually when someone fucks up there, that whole family gets associated and shamed so it wasnt unnatural he felt embarrased. Again its not like he outright abandons Chicken Little. Where did the sperg hate for this character come from anyways? Did Mr.Enter make a review of it or something?

But yeah, it's such a weirdly mediocre movie that perfectly captures what pop culture for kids was like at the time. There's even an advert for Buena Vista Games of all things at the end. Damn its hard to sit through after being spoiled by Zootopia's stunning fur tech just to see babby's first Blender models though.
>>
File: le sign intensifies.jpg (21KB, 173x143px) Image search: [Google]
le sign intensifies.jpg
21KB, 173x143px
that's the future of zootopia
>>
>>84212997
Maybe. I actually really enjoyed this film as a literal 9 year old at the time when it came out. I personally also enjoyed the shit out of Zootopia now but I'll give it a couple more years to see if it still holds up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl7mLgwXZ8
>>
>>84212793
Yeah, Enter made a review on it, where he blows his load about the father
>>
>>84213687
I figured. Usually when there's people overblowing some inane shit, he's tied to it one way of the other.

I rewatched it partially because of the people getting angry about the dad and as expected, he was nowhere near as bad as he was made to be.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.