[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spends decades as the face of Marvel >tried everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: -1x-1.jpg (52KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
-1x-1.jpg
52KB, 630x420px
>spends decades as the face of Marvel
>tried everything to hype the MU as this imaginative and exciting world
>will go in the grave watching the company he championed turn into a soulless schlock factory

How do you suppose he's feeling?
>>
successful
>>
M-I-C-K-E-Y
>>
>>84210298
I don't think he gives a fuck anon unless he's not making money
>>
>>84210298
Who gives a damn about the books.
This guy got to see the superheroes become a successful movie staple.
>>
You don't have the slightest inclination how the man feels. He may view it exactly the opposite as how you've described it.

In short, shut up, OP. You haven't the foggiest idea what you're talking about.
>>
>stan lee
>dying
Nice try Bendis
>>
>>84210298
Maybe it wouldn't be as soulless if he didn't eat all these souls
>>
File: one of us.jpg (107KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
one of us.jpg
107KB, 600x337px
>>84210298
>will go in the grave
nig..
>>
File: L8yZHlm.gif (340KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
L8yZHlm.gif
340KB, 500x213px
Yeah i would be pretty pissed as well if i was Stan Lee. Because i'm a senile old man with little time to live and too much fucking cash that can't be spent.
>>
>>84210298
>How do you suppose he's feeling?

Rich.
>>
>Marvel Bill Finger
>>
>>84210298

Pretty wealthy.
>>
>>84210298
Stan Lee only ever cared about making money, if you think anything else you're delusional
>>
>Things he made up making billions of dollars and he's pocketing a fortune
Yeah I'm sure he's real torn up inside because the neckbeard on 4chan doesn't like the film adaptions of his books.
>>
>>84210298
According to that book by Sean Howe, he's been focusing on trying to get Marvel Movies made since the 70s, in fact, I think it's why he stepped down as EiC.

So he should be pretty happy, at worst he's jealous because he doesn't have anything to do with the current success.
>>
File: 1467385487738.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1467385487738.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>84210298
>Stan Lee
>Dying
He has as much of a chance of dying as Hirohiko Araki.
>>
>>84210298
>it's an OP doesn't know what he's talking about thread!
>>
>>84211597
>I think it's why he stepped down as EiC
He became the Publisher which he held onto until like the 90's

According to Will Eisner Stan tried to get Eisner to take his job so he could go off and become a tv writer. Eisner wanted to give all writers/artists royalties for their creations so the Marvel execs decided to pass
>>
>>84211597
>he doesn't have anything to do with the current success
Right, he just created almost every character featured in these new movies.
>>
>>84211733
If by create you need mean think of the name and then take full credit after some one else did all the work, then yes
>>
The guy doesn't give a shit about anything that isn't money
>>
Pretty sure Stan always ran Marvel as a bit of a schlock factory. This is just the modern version of it.

Though I guess Stan was a bit more soulful in his schlock, it was still a buncha gimmicks and stunts.

I do think Marvel has gone off the rails with spaghetti on the wall and doesn't have the focus and better ideas of years prior. And I say that as someone who lived through the clusterfuck of Marvel in the 90s. They are just lucky they got Disney and their movies propping them up.
>>
>>84211791
>take full credit

You mean given full credit. Whenever people came to the Marvel offices to interview people they found Stan because as Editor-in-chief he was in the offices. The artists where all working at home and would only come in for meetings or to turn in pages

So these people only ever talked to Stan, who by all accounts is one of the most sociable and likable people in the business, so they just came to the conclusion that he was the mastermind and the artists were just drawing his ideas with no input of their own.

It's important to understand that Kirby didn't leave over Stan, he left because he was frustrated with he upper management at Marvel. When Marvel was bought by a new owner they wanted everyone to sign new contracts, whatever was on those contracts was enough for Kirby to refuse to sign them and he left for DC
>>
>>84211874
>as a bit of a schlock factory

According to Chris Claremont, Lee usually didn't care what was going on in your book if the sales were good. He had more important things to do than meddle with something that was already successful
>>
>>84210298
>>will go in the grave watching the company he championed turn into a soulless schlock factory

Stan is a jew though, so this would mean that he dies happy.
>>
>>84210298
He's in his 90's, and he doesn't give a shit. I think that he is doing rather well.
>>
>>84210298
> marvel characters across three movie studios
> making money off royalties while getting blown by women 1/4 his age so they might appear in the next movie
> continuing to be a pop icon despite everyone knowing you plowed your major content creator's wife.

Sounds like an all-American hero to me
>>
>>84212097
>making money off royalties
I don't think he is. I thought I heard that Stan gets nothing from the use of characters he just gets regular checks from Marvel and appearance fees

Plus he has a speaking role in all the movies
>>
>>84210298
You do understand that some of the characters that he has created out are more popular than actual people, living or dead, right? Some Marvel heroes are the equivalent of ancient gods and heroes of legend in that there stories are fabricated and completely made up, but we celebrate and admire them to a point where they might as well be real.
>>
File: grant_twitter.jpg (547KB, 475x500px) Image search: [Google]
grant_twitter.jpg
547KB, 475x500px
Can Grant Morrison use his Scottish magic to defeat Stan Lee and end his unholy reign?
>>
>>84212163
I'm pretty sure Morrison just wants to become the next Stan Lee. He wants to be a beloved public figure of the industry and make it big in Hollywood

Stan had his showmanship and Morrison has his magic bullshit
>>
>>84210298
Old
>>
He'll be fine.
>>
>>84210298
He was always more of a business man than an artist.
So I think he's pretty happy drowning in cash.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.